PDA

View Full Version : Introductions III

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Team Sergeant
03-13-2007, 08:59
Introduce yourself with your first post.

When you come into our house we'd like to know a little about you. This assists in framing a response to post from a Professional Soldiers ® member.

De Oppresso Liber

Omega
03-13-2007, 12:05
hi, sergeant in baumholder, germany. SFAS 05-07. search engine has been my friend.

bandycpa
03-13-2007, 13:50
Now that's pretty cool. Omega is the first reply to this newly started thread.

Hope all goes well with you here, Omega. You'll learn a lot from these people.

Bandy

Hoot79
03-13-2007, 17:20
Hi all,
My name is Ian and I’m from Oregon. I’m very interested in Special Forces and I came here to learn more. I’m going to read more than write and I thank you for the opportunity to do so.

-Ian

JJ2K1
03-15-2007, 01:00
I think it's about time I introduced myself. I have been reading this message board for about a year now ever since I had first stumbled upon it. My name is John, I joined the army in April 2002 as a 31U (now 25U). Went to basic training in FT Benning, AIT in FT Gordon, then back to Benning for airborne school. First duty station was at C co, 3rd Bn, 4th Psychological Operations Group, FT Bragg. I deployed to Qatar in April 2003 before the war started and moved to Baghdad right outside the airport in May. I had a great time while I was there but was not satisfied with my job. I felt there was more I could do with my career than just being a commo guy in a support position pushing buttons. I came back from Iraq in September, got promoted to SPC the following month, and that same day went to the SF recruiters and started my packet. I went to selection in January 2004, got picked up as an 18E, and started the Q-course in May. I did not do language school because I am fluent in Polish, and I graduated in June 2005, in a short 13 months. I got assigned to where I currently am stationed in 1/10 on ODA 023. However last year I was diagnosed with a kidney disorder called chronic IgA Nephritis and i'm currently undergoing a medical evaluation board.

mlitsey
03-15-2007, 13:29
I was previously in the Army as a COMSEC repair tech and am currently a tech on a helicopter simulator. One of my NCO's joined SF in 97 or 98 and I have been interested in the SF way of life since then. I am thinking of going back in under the 18X program or going OCS and then going to SFAS when I am allowed.

longrange1947
03-15-2007, 14:24
Welcome to this site. Play nice and we will do the same, or.......... :D

CAguru06
03-16-2007, 15:27
Hello again, my name is Drew I'm a Civil Affairs SSG (Active Duty) with the 96th! Thanks again for allowing me to be a member of this forum. I enjoy reading and adding to the vast amount of information we all have to share with one another. I thank you all for laughs and knowledge we have quietly shared since I have been a member of the forum!

Thanks!!!

jrm_canine
03-16-2007, 21:04
Hello everybody. My name is John, and it's time to introduce myself and cease being a wraith on here. I have been reading the forums for quite some time, and have been very impressed with the topics and code of conduct here. I am a medically retired police officer with 13 years experience here in Virginia. My last job was as a civilian DOD officer at Fort AP Hill Virginia from 2004-2006. I had previously had the priveledge of being friends with a retired 27 year Sgt. Maj. who spent most of his career in SF. Then while working at AP Hill, I had the highest honor of befriending many of the staff from the training center when they would come to visit us, one of the highest honors of my life! I have always been a huge military history buff, particularly the areas of special forces from around the globe. I am an avid firearms collector and former instructor, so you 18 Bravo guys...lookout, I'll try not to aggrivate you with too many questions! Thanks for allowing me into your forum, and I look forward to spending some great time here!

The Reaper
03-16-2007, 21:16
Hello again, my name is Drew I'm a Civil Affairs SSG (Active Duty) with the 96th! Thanks again for allowing me to be a member of this forum. I enjoy reading and adding to the vast amount of information we all have to share with one another. I thank you all for laughs and knowledge we have quietly shared since I have been a member of the forum!

Thanks!!!

Were you at the ceremony this morning?

TR

Big Daddy59
03-17-2007, 16:21
Sirs,
I registered in March of 2006, and the past year has been hectic for me. The passing of family members,attending schools, losing brothers in arms in Iraq(Air Force Cops). A little about myself, just got promoted to E-6, recently selected to be the NCOIC of Combat Arms for the 131 Security Forces Squadron. Will defintely be sitting back and listening and learning from the best this nation has given. Especially anything to do with weapons.
My thanks to all of you.

Brooks

Grahmbo
03-18-2007, 04:08
Gentlemen,

I'm requesting permission to enter your house and listen in on some of the conversations. I'll try to keep my chatter to a minimum.

As for me, I'm a former Soldier who served in the Infantry on the Active and National Guard sides of the house. These days, my only service is as member of the State Defense Force in my state, and I'm still proud to wear the uniform in any capacity.

Thank you all for your service to our country!

Tikbalang
03-19-2007, 14:28
Hi! SPC Federico from the Philippines. I'm a medic and I have learned a lot in your forums. Thank you for all of your efforts.

determined
03-20-2007, 14:14
Hello,

My name is Jon. I am currently a Junior in High School in North Dakota. I have been interested in becoming a member of Special Forces since Junior High. While I have yet to make a final decision, I plan to enlist as a 11x with an option 40 this summer. I feel that service with the 75th Rangers is too much of a challenge for me to pass up and, from what I know of the Rangers, it seems that my time there will be well spent. After I serve with the 75th for sometime I may decide to apply for a Special Forces position.

The past few months I have kicked my researching into overdrive as I am approaching my enlistment time. Many careers have looked appealing and I am trying to keep an open mind. Forums, websites, books and talks with those who have been there have been my best resources recently. My dad recently attended a 4-day long tour at Fort Bragg for educators from ND, SD and MN (of which he is one) and his photos and stories have sparked an interest in SF again. However, it will be sometime before I have the opportunity to earn the Green Beret. I will continue to read and learn and I may decide to post again sometime in the future.

Thank you for your service, writings and attention
Respectfully,
Jon

Forgotten
03-20-2007, 16:39
Hello,

My name is Miles, I am a Junior at Chase High School in Forest City, NC. I am 17 and plan on one day enlisting in the United States Navy Seals, though I know this is an extreme goal I have been researching and have tried to get myself prepared physically and mentally. I have found your site very informative and professional, thank you for creating a place in which one can carry on a serious and respectful conversation on the topic of today’s armed forces.

I also want to thank all those who have served in the armed forces especially those who have served in the Special Forces such as the Quiet Professionals. My appreciation for what you are doing and what you have done goes beyond words.

Yours Sincerely and respectfully,
Forgotten

FXCOfire
03-20-2007, 18:02
I am a career firefighter/ medic ( EMT-I ) from VA. Also a long time ARNG member in the infantry . I joined here to learn more on SF.

Sdiver
03-20-2007, 19:17
I am a career firefighter/ medic ( EMT-I ) from VA. Also a long time ARNG member in the infantry . I joined here to learn more on SF.

YES......Another hose monkey !!!! :lifter

Welcome aboard brutha.

hypnotika
03-20-2007, 22:40
Per SOP.

Hi folks, great site... I am a full-time college student in California and currently pursuing a degree in Economics. Additionally, I also participate in Army ROTC and will commission as a 2LT on 25 May 2007. My branch is Engineers and I will be assigned to the 20th Engineer Brigade (ABN) at Fort Bragg, NC.

As a Cadet, I was priviledged to attend and qualify at Airborne School in Ft. Benning, GA (Class: Delta 37-06). Moreover, I also drill with a MP unit in Reserves. I have been fortunate to lead soldiers as PL, XO, and now acting Company Commander.

I am very excited to become an Officer and seek to learn from others who have served before me. I have no immediate plans to pursue a career in the Special Operations community. My goal first is to become a good soldier- proficient in my field.

I merged your original thread into the appropriate ongoing thread for introductions. There is no need to start a new thread for each and every new member. - Saca

The Reaper
03-21-2007, 07:51
hypnotika:

Attention to detail and situational awareness are important attributes for officers as well as SF soldiers.

Think about it.

TR

Jafa
03-21-2007, 08:31
Hi all. My name is Jan, I'm from Czech Republic and my interests are military history and military in present, also sport, information technology and communication technology....... I'm very glad that I find thes portal, that is full of professionals ;)..... I look forward to equire here many interesting informations and share mine.

bkleonards
03-21-2007, 11:02
Just a quick intro, My name is Bob I had 11 years Army and 20 years other government service. Some of my Army PCS/TDY assignments were: 9th Inf Div MRF (RVN), SOUTHCOM (Panama), Sig Co. 1st SFG (A) (Okinawa, Korea, Philipines) and COMIBERRLANT (Portugal, Spain). Other government PCS/TDY assignments were Amman, Cyprus, Lebanon, Beijing, El Salvador, Honduras, Belize, Zaire (Congo), Angola, Croatia and Bosnia to name a few. My Army MOS' were 11b, 96B, 05B, my governme3nt specialty was tactical communications.
It is a pleasure to be part of your group. Regards, BL

VAV1500
03-21-2007, 14:03
Hi everyone-

My name is Vincent, I'm a junior in college, history major, planning on enlisting and beginning my journey to a career in SF shortly after I graduate. It has been my dream since I was very young to earn the SF tab. I'm here to learn as much as I can and increase my base of knowledge to the best of my abilities, so I can go in ready to meet new challenges and be the best I can. Nothing less is acceptable. Anyhow, my personal philosophy tends to be "keep your mouth shut and your ears (and eyes) open", so I hope to forge some new connections here and not piss anyone off. So while I'd really like to have some good discussions with guys who have been where I want to be, I'm willing to play the observer if it's for the better. A few more things about me, run track for my school (I'm a miler), used to play soccer, still a big fan of that and most other sports, love to read and learn new stuff, like spending time outdoors, occasionally shooting and subsequently eating something. I'm non-political, but patriotic. A couple of my favorite authors are Cormac McCarthy, Harlan Ellison, and Stephen Pressfeld. It's good to be here.

EDIT: (In regard to below post) Thanks Pete, I think the latter is what I actually had in mind.

Pete
03-21-2007, 14:33
Wecome all.

VAV1500 there is a difference between "earn the SF Tab" and "become an SF Soldier".

Pete

FDMedic241
03-21-2007, 18:06
Hello Sirs,
For the past six years I have been employed as a Firefighter/NREMT-B. Along the way I have obtained my hazardous material technician and public safety diver certifications. I have always strived to be the best that I can possibly be. After spending several years regretting not joining the armed forces and a divorce I have decided to start doing things my way and living life the way I see fit, not allowing others beliefs or desires to stop me. I have made the commitment to myself to join the ANG. Now all I have to do is choose an MOS. I have been struggling with enlisting under the Rep63/18x option or a 96B slot within the 20th SF unit. I am leaning more towards the latter for now and seeking guidance for the team members, but SF is definitely in my future. This forum has been well beyond helpful to in my pursuit information to allow me to make a more informed decision. I look forward to future advice and knowledge imparted by other members of this forum to help guide me in advancing and improving my career and life.

svalmand
03-21-2007, 23:53
Hello,
My name is Stephen and I served in the 7th ID, 2/9 from 1989-1994. 11B, Airborne, Ranger (9-91).

I have several friends still in and am here to learn.

Thank you.

Royale
03-22-2007, 15:17
My name is mike, I did not read the instructions..... Lets hope they don't have formus in SFAS.

Team Sergeant
03-22-2007, 15:37
My name is mike, I did not read the instructions..... Lets hope they don't have formus in SFAS.

Not a problem, the SFAS Commander and SFAS SGM are members of this board.....;)

Team Sergeant

jon1481
03-22-2007, 20:44

7358 mostly team 11 late60's to 70 .....12b4s

jon1481
03-22-2007, 20:53

7358 mostly team 11 late 60's to 70 .....12b4s " I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. " Frank Lloyd Wright.....1868-1959

Inger
03-23-2007, 03:06
Gentlemen -

my pleasure to have the privilege to give a short introduction.

Active duty for the past 9 years in the German Navy.
Past deployments included several Mine-Warfare Units, Sail Training Ship Gorch Fock, Naval Protection Force. Currently assigned to Petty Officer School.

Stumbled over this very well managed board, when i planned a trip to Bad Tölz.

Inger

Joey
03-23-2007, 05:45
Heya, I'm Joey. Currently I am a civilian (age 17) pursuing my GED; and enlisting in the ARMY as Inf/Airborne in early April. Hopefully after Airborne, I'll be recruited into Ranger School and quite possibly after that; SOF.

I currently possess three IT certifications (A+, MCSE and CCNA). If anyone ever runs into a computer problem that baffles them somewhat, just contact me here or through AIM and I may have an answer or diagnosis for you.

Glad to be here

The Reaper
03-23-2007, 07:45
Heya, I'm Joey. Currently I am a civilian (age 17) pursuing my GED; and enlisting in the ARMY as Inf/Airborne in early April. Hopefully after Airborne, I'll be recruited into Ranger School and quite possibly after that; SOF.

I currently possess three IT certifications (A+, MCSE and CCNA). If anyone ever runs into a computer problem that baffles them somewhat, just contact me here or through AIM and I may have an answer or diagnosis for you.

Glad to be here

Joey. you might want to do a search here for what was recently said about recruiters and contracts.

I would not count on going to the Rangers without an Option 40 on your contract.

If you do get there, you will already be in SOF.

Good luck.

TR

Patb
03-23-2007, 13:36
Hello all,

My name is Patrick Bell and I live in California. Dont have any military service yet, because I wanted to at least finish my 2 year degree at a JC (better to finish one goal before moving to the next). After that I plan on joining the Army, not 100% sure what direction I want to go yet, but Rangers seems to fit my goals. Maybe one day I will end up trying out for Spec Ops, but for the time being my goal is just to get in and master the basics. Ive been reading the getfitnow boards for close to 3 years now, and just happened to find a link to this site on it recently. Theres a lot of good info there, but ive found this site to be just a LITTLE more professional...rather than every 16 year old in the world thinking hes a Navy SEAL already and giving advice. I probably wont post much more than this, so thanks for all the great information provided here.

TCAE5thSFG
03-23-2007, 21:57
Dropping my Intro per SOP. I'm TM. I recently left active duty after nine years and I am now a contractor in the Washington D.C. area. I was an Intel guy while in and served in 5th Group. About to head back into the box on contract. If you need anything else, please let me know.

12B4S
03-23-2007, 22:11

7358 mostly team 11 late60's to 70 .....12b4s

I have that coin.......
When In 1970 did you leave Tolz Jon?

RoosterCogburn
03-24-2007, 07:16
Hello,
Name's Bill, I'm a junior in high school. I don't know much but I do know that I want to go to college, and after college serve. This summer I'll be eligible to talk to recruiters, so I'll be trying to get a decent idea of what I want to do. In the meantime I'll continue reading and gathering as much information as possible.
Respectfully,
Bill

max771
03-24-2007, 10:59
Greetings. Posting my intro here as per SOP. Been a lurker for quite awhile. I served 14 years AD before getting out. Spent time in the 82nd , 10th Group & 1st Group. I'm a career intel guy & my time in SOF was as a support guy assigned to the MI Det. I left the Army the week of 9-11 (as luck would have it) and spent another 4 years doing intel work for the feds before leaving to work in the private sector, wher I am now.

Razor
03-24-2007, 12:05
Hello,
This summer I'll be eligible to talk to recruiters, so I'll be trying to get a decent idea of what I want to do.

Recruiters don't have many jobs for a one-eyed, fat man.

HALO Medic
03-24-2007, 13:19
whats going on
former 7th Grp player (as my bio states) gone PA. seen some good info exchange going on here.

brandonm
03-24-2007, 22:05
Hi, name's Brandon. 20 years old, about to finish 2nd year of college and signed an 18X contract. Joined the forums to learn as much as I can about SF before I leave to basic.

GS440SE
03-25-2007, 07:55
I wish to thank the full spectrum of individuals, from the most informed Professionals to the most ignorant (whom I have learned a great deal from as well), for the plethera of information displayed. I desire to contribute and to gain from this community.

Texas
03-25-2007, 16:32
Hey guys, my name is Austin and I am currently a sophmore in high school. I am planning on making special forces my career. Thanks for allowing me to be a member of professional soldiers.

GnaM
03-25-2007, 16:37
I'm going to be completely up front here and say that I'm a 22 year old art student and gamer with 0 military experience and only limited hands-on time with firearms on a range. My interest here has primarily to do with separating the reality of small arms combat from the loads of BS fed to the average person through Hollywood movies, video games, and the media. I plan more on reading others' posts here than actually posting myself...in fact the main reason I registered is because I was reading about the LeMas ammo and wanted to see the attached pictures.

To my credit, I think I'm a little more discerning than the average "arm-chair warrior" ranting about mythical "knockdown power" and some such other drivel. I know the QP's and other SF guys hear don't want some kid wasting their time with uninformed opinions and irrelevant questions only an airsofter would ask, so I will do my best to practice the utmost restraint on these forums, on the rare occasion that actually do post instead of just reading.

I hope my presence here doesn't bother anyone, but I think I'm mature enough to stay out of your guys' collective way.

The Reaper
03-25-2007, 17:26
Welcome aboard all.

I would recommend that if you are not a HS grad yet, and maybe a college grad as well, you should probably confine your activites on PS.com to just reading for a month or two.

Asking questions here is not bad, but asking stupid questions is, and at some ages, you just don't know enough to tell the difference.

Go to "Your Rucksack is in the Hall" for some good examples of bad questions.

Attention to detail, reading and searching, and situational awareness are valued here. No detail is too small to notice and deal with correctly.

Some of you must have missed the note about filling in at least the major points of your profile.

Looks like most of the new members at least know how to spell and use proper grammar, so that lesson is not needed. Just remember, this is not a text message friendly site, or a for non-QPs, a place to start new threads without very good reason.

Hope that you all enjoy your stay and find what you are looking for.

Thanks for the opportunity to serve.

TR

GnaM
03-25-2007, 19:03
Sorry, I meant to fill out my profile immediately but forgot. I read the rules but I got sidetracked... with all due respect, new users would probably catch on faster if there was a link for Profile Edit or at least for User CP in main navigation bar. As it is, you have to click to your private message inbox and then get to your profile through the back door.

Don't mean to criticize but that's my design background talking. ;)

Pikeman
03-25-2007, 23:14
FNG in here:

I am a Sociologist Major. Former Military. Love to Duck Hunt. I will keep to myself in here, unless asked to speak up, or have something constructive to say- as I interpreted the rules.

That is all.

ajh279
03-26-2007, 00:34
Hi. My name is AJ and I am a future soldier. I am a 98x right now, but after training I will probably become a 98GKP. I have been interested in special forces, but I would like to start with intelligence, which is why I signed up to be a 98x. Anyway, I hope to learn more about special forces.

yeti244
03-26-2007, 01:18
My name is Rudy and I live in South Carolina. Went to the College of Charleston for a bit, then served on the North Charleston Police Department for a year, and just recently signed an 18x contract (ship out in April). That about sums it up...appreciate letting me post on your site.

horn
03-26-2007, 11:41
Hi, my name is Ivan. I'm currently a senior at the University of Texas at Austin. Fixin' to have a degree in Sociology and Foreign Relations. Afterwards, looking to serve by signing an 18x contract later this year. Right now I'm working as a Bondsman and Assit. Investigator for an area attorney.
I'm fluent in Spanish and I just started studying Korean (this might take a minute) When not studying or working, I like to work out, jog, swim, shoot, and read up on current events.
Looking to hear and learn from the best so my mouth is shut and my eyes and ears are wide open.

-Ivan

Team Sergeant
03-26-2007, 13:22
Welcome all.

Glad to hear from those that are signing up for 18X. Let us know when you've secured your contracts.

Team Sergeant

ctthornb
03-26-2007, 19:22
I'm currently a senior at Indiana University and will graduate this May with a finance degree. I currently have been offered an 18X contract by my recruiter and I am strongly considering signing it. I've always kept in shape by playing 3 sports in high school and one in college but feel I've never truly been challenged physically or mentally and thats why Im considering special forces. Joined the website to learn as much as possible on Special Forces before making a final decision. Dont plan on posting much but I will definitly be on the site browsing new posts often. Look forward to reading all of your inputs.

Ambush Master
03-26-2007, 19:58
Hi. My name is AJ and I am a future soldier. I am a 98x right now, but after training I will probably become a 98GKP. I have been interested in special forces, but I would like to start with intelligence, which is why I signed up to be a 98x. Anyway, I hope to learn more about special forces.

Close, but no Cigar!!

FILL OUT YOU PROFILE!!! "Failed To Follow Simple Instruction" is not a Title you want to have in here!!!

Later
Martin

Radar Rider
03-26-2007, 20:39
Welcome from a serving Korean Linguist. Do as the gentleman said, and fill out your profile immediately.

Nebby
03-27-2007, 18:45
I am currently serving in the military, just not the Army. I joined the AF in hopes to be a PJ and I got injured and washed 3 weeks into Indoc. They have me in AF tech for Security Forces, but right now I'm trying to get in contact with an Army recruiter to go Blue to Green as soon as possible. Like my profile says, I grew up in Nebraska, I was a 3 sport athlete (basketball, football, and track) and I gave up my scholarship to join the military. When I originally was conteplating the military the original job I was seeking was Ranger, then my friend who is an AF firefighter told me about PJ and from there I went, and signed. I'm dissapointed with my career field because I am young and dumb and would really like some trigger time. Anyways, I hope to go Blue to green soon and hopefully get a shot at being a Green Beret.

The Reaper
03-27-2007, 19:45
I am currently serving in the military, just not the Army. I joined the AF in hopes to be a PJ and I got injured and washed 3 weeks into Indoc. They have me in AF tech for Security Forces, but right now I'm trying to get in contact with an Army recruiter to go Blue to Green as soon as possible. Like my profile says, I grew up in Nebraska, I was a 3 sport athlete (basketball, football, and track) and I gave up my scholarship to join the military. When I originally was conteplating the military the original job I was seeking was Ranger, then my friend who is an AF firefighter told me about PJ and from there I went, and signed. I'm dissapointed with my career field because I am young and dumb and would really like some trigger time. Anyways, I hope to go Blue to green soon and hopefully get a shot at being a Green Beret.

Nebby:

Even if you can get a waiver (review the sticky with the medical requirements), and that is a BIG IF, any injury that kept you from completing PJ training will have the same effect in SF training, but worse.

Think before you do anything rash.

TR

shadowwalker
03-27-2007, 20:38
Good Day all,
I am a retired MP, a friend told me about this web page. I would like to extend my appreciation for being allowed to be part of it. The web page was recommended to me because of me interest in survival. I also have a semi professional interest in SCUBA diving. I am presently in the process of receiving my tech certs. I have a profound love and knowledge of history and I am in the process of obtaining a Business Management degree. I look forward to gathering more knowledge from this web page.

Thank You

Live to Ride
Ride to Live

Blake1281
03-28-2007, 00:17
Good Afternoon,

I'm currently in the Navy in the CENTCOM AOR due to return CONUS this summer. Will be ETSing when I return, hoping for a chance to screen with the 19th SFG (A) in WV. Found this site while googling for prep info. This place is a gold mine of information. Other than that, I have nothing to offer here other than a closed mouth and open ears. Thank you for your service and a great site!

R/,
B

atex
03-28-2007, 11:21
Hello, my name is Bryan. I'm a college student considering joining the Army, and pursuing Special Forces.

Thanks

The Reaper
03-28-2007, 11:29
Hello, my name is Bryan. I'm a college student considering joining the Army, and pursuing Special Forces.

Thanks

Bryan:

Was the Intro thread that the other 5,034 members used not good enough for you?

And you might want to fill in your profile. Soon.

TR

Jrome
03-28-2007, 14:22
Wass up everyone. Im 20 years old just finished my AA and signed an 18x contract. Found an incredible amount of info on this site, thanks for putting something like this together. Hope to learn more from you guys...

Hooah!:lifter

Nebby
03-28-2007, 17:52
Nebby:

Even if you can get a waiver (review the sticky with the medical requirements), and that is a BIG IF, any injury that kept you from completing PJ training will have the same effect in SF training, but worse.

Think before you do anything rash.

TR

That's never what you want to hear. Regardless though, I'm not going to spend the rest of my enlistment as a cop if I believe that I can do more. My knee is healed, and I plan on giving it a shot anyways. I don't plan on making a rash judgement, I am definately going to think it over and get with a recruiter soon. I just can't not try, especially when it is something I worked so damn hard for. Spending 3-4 hours a day training just to get hurt kills you inside. I hope I can at least give it one last shot. Thanks for the reply.

weatherall86
03-28-2007, 19:54
I'm a long-time lurker from the desert Southwest. I am currently in graduate school, undergoing training as a Physician Assistant. My interests, as they pertain to this forum, are mostly focused in pistol shooting and the practice of medicine in austere environments.

PS.com has been, and continues to be, a valuable resource on these topics.

WA86

Surgicalcric
03-28-2007, 21:57
...Regardless though, I'm not going to spend the rest of my enlistment as a cop if I believe that I can do more. My knee is healed, and I plan on giving it a shot anyways. I don't plan on making a rash judgment, I am definitely going to think it over and get with a recruiter soon. I just can't not try, especially when it is something I worked so damn hard for...

Why aren't you reapplying for Indoc, if you felt so strongly about being a PJ initially?

Crip

ToeStumper
03-28-2007, 22:49
No prior military. I've been in some form of R & D (hardware & software) for the last 15 years. I’ve been trail running in Oklahoma, Texas and Arkansas for the past few years and have my sights set on doing the Barkley Marathon (“The race that eats its young”) down the road.

Found Professional Soldiers through SocnetCentral.com and have thoroughly enjoyed the information found here.

Thank you for the opportunity to listen and learn here. Mouth shut, eyes and ears open, back to lurking.

Sdiver
03-28-2007, 23:17

That's never what you want to hear. Regardless though, I'm not going to spend the rest of my enlistment as a cop if I believe that I can do more. My knee is healed, and I plan on giving it a shot anyways. I don't plan on making a rash judgement, I am definately going to think it over and get with a recruiter soon. I just can't not try, especially when it is something I worked so damn hard for. Spending 3-4 hours a day training just to get hurt kills you inside.

I echo what Crip said....

Why aren't you reapplying for Indoc, if you felt so strongly about being a PJ initially?

Crip

If your knee has healed up, as you said it has, and you enlisted to become a PJ, why not make another attempt at it ?

You've already passed the PAST test for Indoc once. I'm sure you can do it again, and make another go of it.

What do you think would happen if you did go from Blue to Green, got accepted at the Q, and didn't make it there? The Army could very well reassign you based on THEIR needs.

My .02

BrokenWire2086
03-29-2007, 03:51
Beyond what information is posted under my profile, I have come to this site looking to learn what I can from the SF community. Early in my carrier I missed my first chance to attend SFAS due to deployment to OIF-1 and have since then had several life changes which have lead towards my decision to become an Army officer. This leaves me three years to train my body and learn what it takes to be competitive for the coveted 18A identifier. I look forward to learning all that I can from what the Quiet Professionals are willing to provide and welcome any guidance which may be offered.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
03-29-2007, 05:02
joining the dark side (OCS). .

:confused:

BrokenWire2086
03-29-2007, 06:04
Many of the NCO's with whom I work have come to refer to the transition from the NCO corps to become an officer as, "Joining the Dark Side." I suppose this is not a common of a phrase as I had come to believe and I have adjusted my post to remove the slang.

lksteve
03-29-2007, 07:53
Many of the NOC's with whom I work have come to refer to the transition from the NCO corps to become an officer as, "Joining the Dark Side." I suppose this is not a common of a phrase as I had come to believe and I have adjusted my post to remove the slang.as long as you are editing posts, it NCO not NOC...

shortly after commissioning, an NCO with whom i was acquainted (which is to say one that i never had much respect for when i was an NCO) got a little tipsy at the Hook 'n' Bullet in Bad Toelz and had the temerity to say that i was a traitor to the NCO corps...before the Co. SGM had the chance to drag his sorry ass out to the parking lot for a little tree-to-tree counselling, i reminded the sorry sack of shit that i didn't recall taking an oath to the NCO corps...

a soldier is a soldier...rank defines pay and responsibility...any NCO worth his salt will own up to the fact that officers are necessary...any officer worth his salt understands that NCOs are the key link to mission accomplishment...maybe you should check out NDD's new leadership thread...

let me know if you make it to OCS...maybe i can come back on active duty to be your TAC...Wigle Hall would shine like a diamond, i guarantee...:munchin

The Reaper
03-29-2007, 08:11
This is the Introductions thread.

Just a friendly reminder.:D

TR

Jack Moroney (RIP)
03-29-2007, 08:19
Many of the NOC's with whom I work have come to refer to the transition from the NCO corps to become an officer as, "Joining the Dark Side." I suppose this is not a common of a phrase as I had come to believe and I have adjusted my post to remove the slang.

Interesting. I really don't care much about others perceptions as reality will often clear up the problem. Perception is only reality to the uninformed. I guess what I am more interested in is why you thought self-deprication about your choice to enter the deep dark unknown was important to include when you were introducing yourself to folks for the first time? You've walked into the room but at present with remarks like that, to quote a current TV ad, "You're so not gellin''. Forget about what other people think about your chosen profession-tell us what you think.

mswilliams
03-29-2007, 08:50
Just a quick intro:
An old SF friend of mine told me about this site and told me to check it out. Think I recognize a couple of ya'll. Been in SF since 1984; Q-Course; 3rd Battalion, 5th SFG(A) for 6 years; a tour at JRTC as a dreaded O/C; 1st Battalion, 1st SFG(A) for 5 years; a tour at SOCPAC; a tour at SWC; now I am mired in the Pentagon, bravely pulling on my oar.

MW

Jack Moroney (RIP)
03-29-2007, 08:52
Welcome aboard ms-keep an eye on that place!

RyanTX
03-29-2007, 09:14
Just wanted to say howdy to everyone. I am a Texan going to school right now. All the men in my immediate family have been in the army so it is definitely some thing that is on my radar. Basically I am here to learn what some of my options are. :lifter

Take care,
Ryan

Pete
03-29-2007, 12:11
... 3rd Battalion, 5th SFG(A) for 6 years; a tour at JRTC as a dreaded O/C...

Hey There MW;

Sent you a PM. Welcome all.

Pete

H8Leech
03-29-2007, 12:21
thanks for sharing your time with us and serving the US. joined in april of 05 as an MP. they offered the 18x to be but newly married and having a baby wanted to get my feet wet with the army to see if I enjoyed it first. now im looking for more, GET SELECTED is a amazing book for any one that doesnt have it, a must buy to better your chances for selection, talking with SF recruiter next month, wish me luck, best wishes to future soldiers going the SF career path! god bless

death before dismount!
Leech

NousDefionsDoc
03-29-2007, 12:58
Just a quick intro:
An old SF friend of mine told me about this site and told me to check it out. Think I recognize a couple of ya'll. Been in SF since 1984; Q-Course; 3rd Battalion, 5th SFG(A) for 6 years; a tour at JRTC as a dreaded O/C; 1st Battalion, 1st SFG(A) for 5 years; a tour at SOCPAC; a tour at SWC; now I am mired in the Pentagon, bravely pulling on my oar.

MW
Welcome Brother. Make yourself at home.

LeanMeanGreen
03-29-2007, 15:31
Hello, my name is Jose and I'm a Radiology Specialist having the time of my life here at the clinic in the Pentagon.:rolleyes: I'm a year out of the 67th CSH from Germany and now looking to attend SFAS at the end of next month.

I have some time to put in here "lurking" and getting all the intel I can to prepare so I won't go posting something that will get me scuffed and rolled. This will be it for now. Thank you for making this site available.

JP

Buffalobob
03-29-2007, 17:38
Jose

There is some world class fishing in the Potomac River. The Shad run is just beginning and shad darts on 4 # line will catch so many you will have to quit just to rest your arm.

You might as well have a little fun before you head south to North Carolina.

Huggybear
03-29-2007, 23:06
Howdy! I'm Bryan, former Marine, currently attempting to transition to active army.

I'm *extremely* interested in the SOCM program and have attempted application to one of the units that rates that school (I'm not at all sure how they'd like their prospective members advertising their application or anything else related to them on the web, so I'll refrain in the interest of not wanting to be refused for being stupid). So far things are looking pretty promising on the recruiting front, the chief medic has been calling my references and so on.

Right now getting back into shape is occupying most of my time, since I've become sort of well-rounded these last few years.

If there's anything I'm leaving out, please don't hesitate to tell me & I'll fill in the blanks.

//B

ROTCNY
03-30-2007, 09:03
ALCON,

I was reviewing my previous posts to the Board this morning and noticed I didn't have an Introduction posted.

I've been a member since a few weeks after the forum was started in early 2004, but in keeping with Board requirements here's my Intro:

I signed up with Army ROTC as a Sophmore in college soon after 9/11. I commissioned out of Army ROTC branched Infantry in 2005. Graduated from IOBC 05-05, Ranger School 03-06 and Airborne School 13-06. I've been a Rifle Platoon Leader since MAR 2006. I'm currently on Active Duty status with our IBCT HQ as a Project Officer in the S-3 shop preparing for future mobilizations in support of GWOT.

I've had a strong interest in SOF and SF in particular since High School. After completing a deployment as a SECFOR Platoon Leader in support of OEF I plan on seeking out open billets in 19/20th SF Groups for a shot at SFAS.

I have a civilian employment background in Computer Network Engineering.

V/R,
James

Nebby
03-30-2007, 19:01
I echo what Crip said....

If your knee has healed up, as you said it has, and you enlisted to become a PJ, why not make another attempt at it ?

You've already passed the PAST test for Indoc once. I'm sure you can do it again, and make another go of it.

What do you think would happen if you did go from Blue to Green, got accepted at the Q, and didn't make it there? The Army could very well reassign you based on THEIR needs.

My .02

When they re-classed me they told me that I would have to wait 'til after my 4 year mark to cross-train, I made the mistake of signing a 6 year contract. It would be a lot quicker to go Blue to green. Even if I were to fail again at least I would know I tried. I would just like to give it one more try.

rosie4x4
03-30-2007, 19:02
Hello,
I'm an 18x recruit doing the 18desap with some choice folks. I have been pouring over the site and appreciate the amazing resources here and thank everyone for making it possible.

CentralTMC
03-31-2007, 12:29
Hi everyone. I'm still in High School, and have lately became interested in the Army Special Forces. I wouldn't say that at this point, that is exactly what I want to do, but I am considering it.

Thanks everyone. Great stuff on this site.

OkieSoldier
03-31-2007, 18:58
Greetings, my name is Kevin. I've been in the OK National Guard for a little over 7 years now. I was in the infantry for 6 years. I reclassed as a medic just prior to our deployment to Afghanistan. I've had some hands on experience here only serving to reconfirm how little I know and how much I have to learn. I have been interested in SF for a long time now. I am trying to decide between 2 goals, pursuing a career in SF or my civilian aspirations. Both of which would require a complete commitment to be successful, as if that isn't obvious enough. I am here to learn all that I can so that I may make the right decision.

Goshawk
03-31-2007, 23:06
I've been reading from this website for almost a year now. I thought it was time to post an intro.

I'm currently stationed at Ft. Bragg with the 1st POB. Married, two and a half kids.

I've really enjoyed many of the posts here and have learned a lot from all of the members but more especially from the 'regulars'. There is a lot of experience here to learn from.

I look forward to more good conversations and great info.

- Goshawk

1TKansas
04-01-2007, 22:21
I have been a visitor to this site for a few months, and decided to recently join. I was introduced into the Special forces world by my previous landlords son, who is a current Green Beret. I had the opportunity to talk with him just prior to his selection and about a year or so into his training. This experience humbled me quick and opened a whole new world to me. About myself, in 2001, I nailed the PAST test, but failed to pass my Class III physical to enter into the PJ/ CCT pipeline my senior year of High school. I then enlisted into the ANG when I couldnt achieve my goal with active duty due to an eye disorder and horrible eye-sight since birth. I graduate college next month with a manufacturing engineering bachelors, am married with no kids, 23 years old, and with the help of PRK laser eye surgery, will soon be able to once again chase my dream that consumes my thoughts each day. I appreciate the opportunity to post on this great site and appreciate the sacrifices made by so many on this board.

Best regards,
Cameron

The Reaper
04-02-2007, 07:22
Best of luck all, welcome aboard.

Cameron, unless the regs have changed, eye surgery may be a disqualifier for SF service. You might want to check for the latest from the AR.

TR

1TKansas
04-02-2007, 08:09
Reaper,
Thanks for the welcome. PJ/CCT/TACP are accepting the PRK surgery, but not the LASIK procedure. Guys who meet the mimimum standard for vision for acceptance, but still require glasses are getting it done on the air force and Army's dime. This is a new reg, and I am in the process of getting my approval for the procedure. If it doesnt work for me, at least I will for sure know that I am not qualified and pursue other opportunities in the military.
I will check further into the AR regs, as I have already talked with my commanders about the blue to green program as well.

Thanks again, and maybe I shed some light about the corrective eye surgery for others, as it is worth looking into.

Cameron

The Reaper
04-02-2007, 08:22
Reaper,
Thanks for the welcome. PJ/CCT/TACP are accepting the PRK surgery, but not the LASIK procedure. Guys who meet the mimimum standard for vision for acceptance, but still require glasses are getting it done on the air force and Army's dime. This is a new reg, and I am in the process of getting my approval for the procedure. If it doesnt work for me, at least I will for sure know that I am not qualified and pursue other opportunities in the military.
I will check further into the AR regs, as I have already talked with my commanders about the blue to green program as well.

Thanks again, and maybe I shed some light about the corrective eye surgery for others, as it is worth looking into.

Cameron

My misunderstanding, I thought that you were considering applying for SF, in which case AR 40-501 would be the standard.

There are at least five PRK and LASIK threads on here that deal with this in depth, as well as several on poor eyesight and/or surgeries feel free to search them out and read as many as you like.

TR

Foreverunstopab
04-02-2007, 14:51
Great site. I wish I knew about this prior to BRC. It would have saved me a few hard lessons learned.

Enlisted 03xx and was picked up by RIP out of SOI. Made it to ARS 2nd cycle but ended up a med-drop. Now I'm 60% with the VA and a full time student in Florida. There are only a few places on the net that exist like this. It brings back memories.

-Jaeger

foxcdr
04-02-2007, 20:04
First post. Got my RFO today and going to 7th Group. Not an 18 series guy though. But still looking forward to it.

Snake
04-02-2007, 20:55
Hello all, thank you for the opportunity to join this site. I have been an MP for 3.5 years in the reserves, and today secured a 18x contract. For a reservist i have had many run-ins with the SF community, MOUT training by SF sergeants at Bragg, and an AT to Patch Barracks in Stuttgart included. I am leaving to begin my training 7 May. Eyes and ears open...
Thank you again...

NousDefionsDoc
04-02-2007, 21:10
"Run-ins"? LOL - you have no idea.

Welcome all.

aaronburr
04-03-2007, 00:53
Hello

I am an Airborne Infantryman on a leave of absence planning on coming back and entering the Special Forces training pipeline. I have four and a half semesters of college left and will re-enlist upon completion.

This is a great resource, and to whom it may concern: Thanks for putting it up.

Regards

Aaron

Neo
04-03-2007, 08:32
1TKansas,

Concering your enlistment. If you are still interested in the Air Force Battle Field Airman positions, check out the Air National Guard STS (CCT and PJ) units in KY and OR and the TACP units in PA, IL, NC, MS, LA, ID, WA, GA, NY. I am pretty sure they are setting up shops in Indiana, Kansas and few other places since our active duty brothers are being tabbed a lot.

If you need any information feel free to PM me.

Cheers

Neo, feel free to recruit for the AF "Battle Field Airman" via PM, this is the intro thread. Battle Field Airman LOL.
TS

Classic
04-03-2007, 14:51
Jose

There is some world class fishing in the Potomac River. The Shad run is just beginning and shad darts on 4 # line will catch so many you will have to quit just to rest your arm.

You might as well have a little fun before you head south to North Carolina.

+1 to that. I caught 5 in the first hour this past Saturday. DC Side, west of Georgetown. Waiting for the Striper run. In a few weeks. ;)

goofyfoot
04-03-2007, 14:53
Hello. I’m a Corporal in Phoenix, AZ seeking more information about SF and SFAS in specific. Great source of intelligence you all have put together. Thanks for taking the time to keep it running!

Taliesin
04-04-2007, 20:01
I am a 22 year old college senior, enlisted in the FutureSoldier program for the 18x pipeline. My degrees will be in history and political science, and I graduate in May. I joined up for a series of moral reasons, after long consideration, and chose SF because it is the highest level of training it is possible for an enlistee to attain - though recruiters often have conflicting answers for different things, the answers were entirely unanimous on that score.

I have long believed myself capable of many things. I have chosen to seek out proof of those capabilities, or reveal their lack. No test could be more thorough than combat service, and nothing prepares you better for it than training to be one of the best. Besides, I am confronting a challenge now that, for the first time, I might not be man enough to accomplish. A powerful motivator.

I seek to prove my value through my military service. There are only two possible destinies that await me: worthiness, or damnation.

Ronin2
04-04-2007, 20:03
I am a nobody.
I am from a long line of military, my Grandfather was in WW-I, (Lost his eyesight in France)
My father was in Korea, and with that prior service, was one of Kennedy's
1800 advisors in Viet-Nam APO 96 AT-63
Imagine growing up under someone, that makes the training, look like the boy scouts.
I did a bit of time in Lebanon.
I am posting here to try and find a few friends, (Mike Adkins, and Danny Hurst)
I would also like to thank a very important man from my past:
Maj. John Hurst , 5th group

Sir, you changed my attitude and dirrection in life, I can never repay you, but I owe you my gratitude !
Thank you sir

Capt. Fuedo 5th group, and 82nd
You gave me all, my regret was you did not get as much from me.

Former: Sgt. Paul Sevy

Now: Reverand Paul Sevy

lksteve
04-04-2007, 20:06
I am a nobody.not sure about that, but your profile could use some more detail...

Ambush Master
04-04-2007, 21:13
Ronin18B

Be advised, if you have never held the 18B MOS, a name change is in severe order here, not to mention that your Profile is more than severly lacking!!

After all, this is a Special Forces Web Site!!!

Please comply!!

Ronin2
04-04-2007, 21:50
In all actuallity, I was a super 92 (18C)

However, when I opened my hotmail accout some years back, 18C was not available.
Ronin happens too be a political statement of mine, I do not wish too make any statement, it is just easier for me too track my user name, since I do not use this type of forum often.
That account is Ronin18B@hotmail.com
Yes gentelman, I realize this is an SF group.
This is the reason I was looking too join, not so much too chat, but I am looking for some old friends.
It has been well over twenty years since I was in service.
I do think that many of you will understand that we sometimes lose track of "buddies"
and maybe others here may remember why that is.
Name change?

Not here for a pissin contest, I was not an operator (In Theater), I did cadre at Benning over at camp Darbey until I ets'ed, and did spend quite a bit of time at the demo ranges as cadre as well.

I was in the "Peace Time" Army under Carter and Reagan.
Missed out on the "Grenade' thing, and Panama.

I got recalled for Storm, but I had a hardship, as I was a single parent with 2 sons.

Sorry, I do not want any troubles, I am just looking for a few old buddies.

Pete
04-05-2007, 04:24
In all actuallity, I was a super 92 (18C)....

You were asked real nice. An 18B is an 18B. An 18C is an 18C.

Pete

Who was a 12B before becoming an 18C.

Edited to add: People are asked to fill in their profile so we know who we are talking with. From yours I would have to assume that you were in the 92 series of MOSs. While filling a host of needed jobs they are far removed from the 18 series.

The Reaper
04-05-2007, 07:47
Ronin:

This would be a lot easier if your profile had some information in it.

I have to agree about the ID. I can call myself the President of the United States, but it isn't true and doesn't make it right.

Welcome everyone.

TR

lksteve
04-05-2007, 08:01
Sorry, I do not want any troubles, I am just looking for a few old buddies.i would be glad to help if i could...all i ask is that i know who i am helping...i wouldn't dime a buddy to help an ex-spouse, jealous husband or bill collector...your profile goes a ways toward easing my concerns...

no profile, no tickee, no laundry...

Team Sergeant
04-05-2007, 09:27
In all actuallity, I was a super 92 (18C)

However, when I opened my hotmail accout some years back, 18C was not available.

Ronin happens too be a political statement of mine, I do not wish too make any statement, it is just easier for me too track my user name, since I do not use this type of forum often.

Funny you sure post here all the time...........

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:zFTW5AJqXj8J:msnusers.com/AMERICASSURVIVAL/homechemistry.msnw+ronin18b&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=5&gl=us

Dear friends,

A highly valued member (RONIN18B) of a group I manage posted this information at the other site, but I thought it important enough to share with the members of this and every other group I belong to.

After the recent loss of a husband and father in Oregon, along with the three mountain climbers who are now surely dead on Mount Hood, I believe we could all use the information contained in the following publications.

If anyone here would like to add something, please feel free to do so. There can never be too much survival information to absorb.

RONIN18B is a former U.S. Army Ranger and Special Forces Survival Instructor. He is a highly valued member of my group, and I thank him for passing this along.

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:J7b7q8bL0OEJ:beta.communities.msn.d e/NRAMembers/general.msnw%3Faction%3Dget_message%26mview%3D1%26 ID_Message%3D6717%26CType%3D0%26CDir%3D-1+ronin18b&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=9&gl=us

One question; are you a Q-Course graduate? There's no gray area a yes or no will do.

Team Sergeant

RTK
04-05-2007, 12:30
I'm a US Army Armor Officer teaching reconnaissance tactics to new LTs in BOLC III. I commanded a reconnaissance troop in OIF III and was both a tank and scout PL in 3ACR during OIF I.

I've never been SF, but have enjoyed a fantastic working relationship with members and elements of 1st, 5th, 10th, and 19th SFGs. Helped write the new CALL appendix on SF/conventional force integration based on my experiences with AOBs 170 and 530 last year.

Many of those I call my closest friends have SF backgrounds or are in the SF community (my best friend is a Bn PA in 10SFG, prior 18D). I know and acknowledge that doesn't make me in the community. However (and I'd hope you'd agree), I don't think that precludes us from learning from one another, particularly in our present fight together. I learned a great deal from working with the AOBs as we covered down on the same IA BDE in 3IA Div last year especially in terms of IDAD and FID.

I look forward to learning from you and maybe answering a question or two about mechanized integration (particularly cavalry) in the joint and combined arms fight.

Thanks for the opportunity to be here.

Roguish Lawyer
04-05-2007, 13:03
Welcome, RTK. Do you play hockey or just watch? Which team do you like? :munchin

RTK
04-05-2007, 13:11
Welcome, RTK. Do you play hockey or just watch? Which team do you like? :munchin

Thanks RL.

I like to play; that was what was nice about Colorado Springs - you could play pickup on any day of the week. Western Kentucky isn't nearly as forgiving. They have one rink that's about an hour and a half away and only open for pickup once a week. It's usually when I'm teaching anyways.

As for teams, I developed a liking for the Avs when I was in Colorado. I grew up liking Vancouver since I was in Seattle and it was close. It was also back when Pavel "The Russian Rocket" Bure was playing for them. Now that I'm about 2 hours north of Nashville and Forsburg is playing for them (and they're good) I'm beginning to watch more Predators games (that, and it's about the only hockey they play on Fox South).

Roguish Lawyer
04-05-2007, 13:26
OK, welcome and good luck to the Preds in the playoffs.

PBF
04-05-2007, 13:32
hey guys, new to this site. current instructor at swc. came from 3rd sfg(a). less than a year left than back to group. hopefully back to being a knee breezer.

CPTAUSRET
04-05-2007, 13:50
Welcome, guys!

xdude18cw8
04-05-2007, 15:31
Hello, I'm currently working in training group, just biding my time until they let me go back to Group. ASAP if not sooner

Pete
04-05-2007, 16:58
A warm welcome to all.

PBF and xdude18cw8 put your feet up, pop the top on a cool one and hang out for a while.

Pete

tcub
04-05-2007, 18:44
I'm a 45 year old cop in the Dallas area of Texas. I spent 4 years in the Army (peacetime), many years ago (aircraft hydraulics repair and EOD). My father is a retired Air Force pilot, shot down and successfully recovered in Vietnam. My son (18C) will be graduating next week from the pipeline (4/12 and 4/13). It's taken him 2 1/2 years from the beginning of his 18x enlistment, partly due to a torn ACL his first time through the 18C portion of the school.

I've been doing alot of reading on this sight for the past month or so, and would like to thank all who have contributed here. I would also like to thank all of the Quiet Professionals here for their dedication and service. For those at Ft Bragg that are interested, it would be a priviledge and an honor to meet you (and buy dinner- if bribery is allowed).

We are really looking forward to the trip to Bragg and the graduation.

Team Sergeant
04-05-2007, 18:51
Welcome all.

RTK be mindful of Roguish Lawyer, we're not too sure about him.

Team Sergeant

Sdiver
04-05-2007, 18:54
Welcome all.

Team Sergeant

Yeah....he likes the L.A. Kings. :rolleyes:

Welcome aboard all.

Sdiver <----- A Die Hard AVS fan. :lifter

v1lakon3
04-05-2007, 22:27
Greatful for the opportunity to be here and in training.

I arrived at Student Company in AUG06 and have been exposed to a community that I is like nothing I could imagine. The quality of men here are unreal. It's hard enough to find one person thats dependable but when you can count on everybody, thats where I want to stay.

A computer nerd that loves guns....decisions, decisions... :confused:

dennisw
04-05-2007, 23:21
My son (18C) will be graduating next week from the pipeline (4/12 and 4/13). It's taken him 2 1/2 years from the beginning of his 18x enlistment, partly due to a torn ACL his first time through the 18C portion of the school.

Tcub,

Congrats to your son. Especially for hanging in there after the ACL problem. Enjoy the ceremony.

RTK
04-06-2007, 05:20
Welcome all.

Team Sergeant

I'm automatically skeptical of anyone who would broadcast the fact they're a lawyer. Even worse now that I know he's a Kings fan....:D

medic
04-06-2007, 09:06
Hello all,

My name is SGT Bousquette (go ahead laugh and make jokes....I am used to them). I am currently serving in a Minimal Care Detachment in the Reserves. I served on Active Duty at WAMC in 1998 and 1999. I left AD and was in the IRR until March of 2004 when I was called up and told that I had two options volunteer and come back into the Army or be recalled and sent to Iraq. I chose to volunteer to return to service and have the option to pick my job and my unit.
I am 68W (91W/91B) Combat Medic and I am interested in continuing my journey in the medical field working with the Best of the Best and becoming an 18D. I have wanted to do this for some time now and have just recently gotten the support of my wife to do this. I am here to learn and not to talk. I am coming in here knowing nothing and wanting to learn everything I can.
I was also wondering if anyone knows of some one I could talk to that is from the 2/19th B Co. in Ohio since that is where I am going to end up. I want to thank everyone in advance for all of their help and all of the knowledge that is contained here.

Thank you again,
SGT Bousquette
369th MCDet
68W Coordinator

The Reaper
04-06-2007, 09:11
I'm automatically skeptical of anyone who would broadcast the fact they're a lawyer. Even worse now that I know he's a Kings fan....:D

And this one can shoot.

Lawyer with a gun.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

TR

NousDefionsDoc
04-06-2007, 09:49
I'm a US Army Armor Officer .

GAWD!!!!:o

Welcome aboard Sir.

Doggiecop
04-06-2007, 10:16
Greetings ,

My name is Jim I have no military background.

I am attempting enlistment (with the National Guard or Reserves) now and am working through the waiver process.

I have been a Police Officer for 18 years, currently assigned to K-9 as a handler/instructor.

Here to stay in my lane, be a sponge and learn.

RTK
04-06-2007, 10:40
GAWD!!!!:o

Welcome aboard Sir.

I appreciate being aboard. In here, though, it doesn't need to be Sir. Ryan does just fine. I don't dig hiding behind the officer status on a board. It's bad enough with 72 new LTs every day. :D I come here and smallwarsjournal to relax, learn, and professionally develop with like minded individuals. I'm just another dude here. :cool:

RTK
04-06-2007, 10:42
And, oh yeah, I guess I'm proof they'll let almost anyone in here - If an armored cavalryman can be here, damn near anyone could :D

The Reaper
04-06-2007, 10:58
Greetings ,

I am attempting enlistment now and am working through the waiver process.

I have been a Police Officer for 18 years, currently assigned to K-9 as a handler/instructor.

Here to be a sponge and learn.

Welcome, but your age and time are against you.

I personally think your time in the military has passed, but I would recommend that you search here for the topic and see what others think.

We are not looking for someone who can give 100% for an eight hour callout. We need people who can do it for 180 days, 24/7, alone or with a small group, in another country, without their teammates having to carry them.

Best of luck.

TR

NousDefionsDoc
04-06-2007, 11:01
Greetings ,

I am attempting enlistment now and am working through the waiver process.

Here to be a sponge and learn.
Hey! I know you! Welcome aboard.

NousDefionsDoc
04-06-2007, 11:01
I appreciate being aboard. In here, though, it doesn't need to be Sir. Ryan does just fine. I don't dig hiding behind the officer status on a board. It's bad enough with 72 new LTs every day. :D I come here and smallwarsjournal to relax, learn, and professionally develop with like minded individuals. I'm just another dude here. :cool:
Yes Sir. Whatever you say Sir.

NousDefionsDoc
04-06-2007, 11:02
Welcome, but your age and time are against you.

I personally think your time in the military has passed, but I would recommend that you search here for the topic and see what others think.

We are not looking for someone who can give 100% for an eight hour callout. We need people who can do it for 180 days, 24/7, alone or with a small group, in another country, without their teammates having to carry them.

Best of luck.

TR
Not looking for a Green Hat Sir. I told him to come for general info.

Roguish Lawyer
04-06-2007, 11:24
And, oh yeah, I guess I'm proof they'll let almost anyone in here - If an armored cavalryman can be here, damn near anyone could :D

Well, you're not a leg . . . :munchin

lksteve
04-06-2007, 17:47
Well, you're not a leg . . . and where did you get your wings...?:munchin

Jack Moroney (RIP)
04-06-2007, 18:17

You're not the only one that started out in one of those units that roamed the battlefield enveloped by 62 tons of homosexual steel. We do fight in the combined/joint/and task force arena also. All though I would never wear a stetson and spurs with dress blues, I have been known to mubble through a few verses of Gary Owen. Welcome aboard:D

CPTAUSRET
04-06-2007, 18:50

When I accepted a direct commission in VN, I presumed infantry; it was not to be...I was flying Cobras and Armor Branch considered Cobras flying tanks. I hadn't read the fine print in my contract!

Tetonale
04-07-2007, 01:08
As requested when I registerd, I figured I would take the time to introduce myself. My name is Michael and I live in Connecticut. I am not a veteran of the military but did spend a good number of years writing software for the Navy. I would not be surprised at all if many of you with your experiences walked by a sonar screen and saw my handy work.

So how did I come to Professional Soldiers dot com? My nephew joined Special Forces right out of High School and was considered a SF baby. During his training, my sister would try to keep me up to date with his schedule but it all seemed confusing. He was eventually assigned to 3rd Group. The whole time I thought he was in school learning Arabic, he had already completed a tour in Afghanistan. During his second tour, when he was with ODA-316, he fell at the Battle of Mari Ghar.

I have been a history buff long before my nephew was of legal age. I am a Civil War and WWII reenactor. One of our WWII events took us to Fort Indiantown Gap. While visiting the PX, I passed a book titled "Get Selected for Special Forces" by Major Martin and MSG Dodson. I bought the book with the intent to learn and appreciate what my nephew went through in regards to his Special Forces training. Having read the book, all of the previous confusion became clear and I have better appreciation of Special Forces. In the book I found the link for this website. I registered and here I am. I am glad to meet you all.

Bubba5603
04-07-2007, 01:49
I found this site last night and immediately saw the professionalism and pride of the membership from the few forums that I visited. Thank you for allowing me to join as a member. A little about myself...

Professionally, I am a former Canadian soldier and currently work in Law Enforcement. I am/was trained as an Armoured crewman (gunner) Combat Intelligence and with the Military Police. I served with the Royal Canadian Dragoons and with 22 MP Pl. Additionally, I graduated from the Royal Military College of Canada, but served in the ranks. I was medically discharged after 13 years service (bad knees are common amongst tank crewman) and now work in a Maximum Security Detention Centre, but still greatly miss the military and the esprit de corp that comes with serving with a group of professionals.

Personally, I am a father of 6 (3 mine, three step), and am in the processes of refinishing our 160 year old house. I scuba dive, work, spend time with the kids and my new fiance, and kill time at work on the computer.

Again thank you for allowing me into your forum

Bubba5603
04-07-2007, 01:55
I should add to my above post that I am also a member of a group called "armytalk" which is based in South Africa. On of the members of the group, Karl, is an instructor with the USSF, and he helped me greatly with information when I was working towards my MA from RMC (still in progress Karl) with information relating to Private Military Corporations. Karl, if you are on here and not training new SF recruits at the current time, give me a call again, and thanks.

Bubba

Astraeus
04-07-2007, 03:39
Greetings,
I'm twenty now, I started lurking on the socnet vb when I was sixteen. I'm in my junior year at the Elliott School of International Affairs at George Washington University in Washington D.C, pursuing a B.A in International Affairs with a focus on Middle Eastern Studies and Arabic language proficency. Currently I'm in Amman, Jordan, studying Arabic four hours a day for nine months. Before that I took the boat from Egypt where I lived for three months, studying at AUC. I'll finally be going home this June, at which time I'm going to start trying to figure out how I can use what I'm learning to make a contribution. This board is an amazing place, thanks to all who make it possible.

Team Sergeant
04-07-2007, 08:08
Welcome aboard all!

Team Sergeant

Noel
04-07-2007, 12:58
I have read a great deal of useful information here and after that familiarization period this is my introduction.

I teach engineering at a university, and am an instructor of Tai Chi, Arnis and self defense use of firearms.

At a series of training classes at Thunder Ranch and Gunsite, I met and had the chance to talk to an interesting variety of military special operations and SWAT characters.

Those conversations led, in time, to this forum.

My best to all the members and thanks.

Team Sergeant
04-07-2007, 16:48
At a series of training classes at Thunder Ranch and Gunsite, I met and had the chance to talk to an interesting variety of military special operations and SWAT characters.

I've never heard of SF'ers attending any training at either of those training sites....... I have however heard requests for SF'ers to teach there.....;)

Don't believe everyone you meet that says they're "Special Operations"........ even our cooks are "Special Operations" personnel.;)

Welcome to the board.

Team Sergeant

kgoerz
04-07-2007, 18:03
I've never heard of SF'ers attending any training at either of those training sites

Very rare years ago for SF, but common in other Spec Op Units. Thats because we train our own people:D Around 1996 the SOT committee went to Gun Site for two week boondoggle. After the first day the instructors realized they weren't going to show us much and decided just to provide Range support. It was the only time back then I heard of SF going to a civilian School.

BlackGambit
04-07-2007, 19:36
My name is Jason, I'm 22 years old, living in Texas. I recently signed an 18X contract. Currently, I'm working as a business manager in the customer service industry, but have found it a little unfulfilling, as I meet more and more people who really don't appreciate what they have. So, I wanted to look for a career that could be more fulfilling, one that could offer adventure and unknown, and something that I could take real pride in doing, knowing that I could really help someone who needed help. It is obvious by reading the many posts on this site that you all have great pride in what you do, not because of recognition, but because of what it is worth. I find it all very inspiring.

I walked into the Army Recruiting Station about a month ago asking for info about Airborne Infantry. After taking the ASVAB, my recruiter told me that I was eligible for Special Forces Recruitment. I was still under the impression that individuals had to be prior service for that option, but I was told it had changed fairly recently. Realizing the level of commitment required, I did take some time to think about it before I made the decision, but how could I really pass up a chance like this.

I don't have much, if any, military background. No one in my family, for at least three generations, has been in the military. In fact, most of my family has followed the path of missionaries. So, I'm kind of the odd man out, but I'm thankful that they all support my decision.

I ship out in July, which I'm anxiously awaiting. I would have opted for an earlier ship out, but I still have to train my relacement at work.

I appreciate all of the great info on this site. In the mean time, I'll be continuing to learn what I can and be pushing myself towards my physical best. Most of all, I'm looking toward the SFAS.

Thank you,
JE

The Reaper
04-07-2007, 20:04
BG:

The current 18X program has been in effect for almost six years now.

Best of luck.

TR

Roguish Lawyer
04-07-2007, 22:18
and where did you get your wings...?:munchin

I have neither wings nor legs, so fire away.

You have to admit it was funny though . . .

lksteve
04-08-2007, 09:35
I have neither wings nor legs, so fire away.
You have to admit it was funny though . . .ummm...no, i don't...:p

x-factor
04-08-2007, 10:04
Greetings all. I've been lurking for a while, but thought I'd finally register.

I am a civilian analyst for a DoD agency. I am frequently (and happily) in close partnership with SOF. I find working with them a natural fit and have several friends/colleagues/acquaintances who are SOF or former SOF (including a couple SF guys).

I've never served in uniform (although, if you'll allow the conceit, I think if my life had been just a little different I might have ended up in SOF). However, I have been deployed/partnered with several SOF units. Some of my most prized possessions are my 7th Group t-shirt and my unit coins from CJSOTF-A, 1st Group, and the SEALs.

I'm here to learn from the community and, hopefully, to provide some insights of my own to my SF "cousins".

Coeus
04-08-2007, 12:18
I recently signed an 18x contract and will be shipping out to Fort Benning on 12 Apr 07. I heard about this website from a conversation session on futuresoldiers.com and wish that I would have found it earlier. I have been searching through the threads and found a wealth of knowledge here to help me. I just wanted to say thank you for your time, thoughts and making this information available before I ship out.

Another thanks to Warrior-Mentor for Get Selected! This book has helped me prepare and look forward to the training and challenges ahead.

Thanks again and I hope to be a member of your community soon.

~Coeus

zman308
04-08-2007, 12:24
Hello,
My name is Shneur,

I recently signed a 18x contract, and im shipping in july.
Im currently in college finishing up this semester.
Im hoping to glean as much information about where im heading before i ship.

shneur

groundstrike
04-08-2007, 13:46
Howdy all. This is my first post here, as per the board rules. Am currently 18D and DMT. Yay. Been to 'stan 03-04. Was talking with Bill Harsey down at SHOT show this year, and he gave me a card for this site, thought I would check it out. Hoping that there aren't any AR15.com types here. Take care.

C--

Kyobanim
04-08-2007, 14:09
Hoping that there aren't any AR15.com types here. Take care.

They don't last long.

Welcome all

obakesan
04-08-2007, 17:25
I've been lurking a while and figured it was time to introduce myself. I'm an AMEDD guy at SWCS (for way too long!) and headed down the CA path. Great resource you 've created and much appreciated. Looking forward to always learning more.:D

Chadley
04-08-2007, 19:33
Hello,

I would like to take a few minutes to introduce myself.

[EDIT: I apologize for the length]

My name is Chad. I live in Washington state, just a little south of Seattle.

As of this year I have decided to join the U.S. Army. As many of you have already suspected, I am planning on joining Special Forces (as we all know nothing is a guarantee).

Joining the Army, and being a Special Forces soldier is something I have dreamed of all my life. Unfortunately it took me 23 years to realize it. In June I will be signing up and entering. I am currently working with a old friend who is an ex-Ranger. He will be assisting me in making the right decisions, ensuring I am in peak physical condition, and aiding me in the recruiting process (as I have been told dozens of lies through my past five (5) years of working with recruiters). I am not yet certain if I will join with a 18X contract, or a Officer contract and head to 18A from there. During my years of Boy Scouts, and becoming an Eagle Scout, one of my scout masters (an ex-Green Beret) taught me many valuable things I will continue to utilize all my life (especially during training).

There are several reasons for my deciding to become a Green Beret. Some of it because of the challenge, some due to the pride (I would be a fool if I didn't say it's a bit of a "cool" factor), but mostly because I want to make the world a better place. Yes I know that sounds dumb, but it is the truth. And I know my part in helping innocent people is that within the Army (weather it be as a Special Forces soldier or elsewhere).

I originally found this forum due to a complete brain failure. I have the words "Lo Que Sea, Cuando Sea, Donde Sea" as my MSN personal message. For the life of me I could not remember what it meant. So doing a google search, I was led here. It must have been due to a higher power, as this is a complete gold mine for me. Just in the 4 or so hours of reading I did last night I have gained much knowledge, and a much better understanding of the true nature of a Special Forces soldier (things recruiters generally don't tell you).

I am extremely grateful I have found this site, and that many of you active military members support such a forum. This is one of the most valuable pieces of information any young man (or woman) can gain before joining.

I look forward to learning all I can from this site, and future discussions with other members of this site; as well as, potentially becoming a member of the Special Forces community.

I hope you have all enjoyed a great Easter weekend!

pigfarmer
04-09-2007, 08:07
My name is Scott. I live in Ohio.

I just signed an 18x contract a few weeks ago. I look forward to learning as much as I can before I ship to Fort Benning.

If you have any other questions let me know.

Thank you for letting me use your site.

GRIFFIN
04-09-2007, 08:41
INTRO

I am a former 18B from 3rd group.
I now live in southern California (God help me).
I work in the armored vehicle field.

Angels fan

-R

Bill Harsey
04-09-2007, 08:53
Howdy all. This is my first post here, as per the board rules. Am currently 18D and DMT. Yay. Been to 'stan 03-04. Was talking with Bill Harsey down at SHOT show this year, and he gave me a card for this site, thought I would check it out. Hoping that there aren't any AR15.com types here. Take care.

C--
Good to see you here, Welcome aboard.

All others, welcome too.

2018commo
04-09-2007, 11:28
Greetings, I am a 25year veteran of the ARNG. I graduated SFQC class 3-80 as an SF enlistment option and served in the 20th SFG from 1979-1997. I returned to the ARNG in 1999 and have served as a BDE S-2, OCS TAC NCO, Signal Company 1SG, and CST WMD Sr. Ops NCO. I currently manage a course preparing Soldiers and Airmen for Domestic Operations, NGRF (QRF) duty and serve full time as the State Facilities Master Planner. Although I have been out of the community for a while I am proud of those of you who are still engaged and truly miss the company you keep. I look forward to participating with the professional exchange found on the site.

forcefed03
04-09-2007, 16:49
Greetings to all,
I'm currently on AD serving with 4ID and have over 6 yrs of TIS. I reenlisted for another 6 and I think I will commit those yrs to the SO community. I have no problems training and getting ready for what's about to come, actually I really look forward to it. Glad to have found this site and getting feedback from all the QP's and present/future candidates. I'm headed to CO next month and hope to find a mentor in 10th grp. Thanks for having me.

LS23

The Reaper
04-09-2007, 17:01
I'm headed to CO next month and hope to find a mentor in 10th grp. Thanks for having me.

LS23

I am sure that your NCOIC will take care of that.

Welcome all.

TR

Coastie00
04-09-2007, 18:34
Just wanted to introduce myself. I am 25 and living in Northern Virginia. I have been in the Coast Guard Reserve for the past 5 years and am considering a new challenge. Thanks for the all the hard work you put in to the website, it is a great resource.

Snaquebite
04-09-2007, 19:50
Coastie,
You might want to take some time, look around, read some stickies and try this again.

3rdsfs
04-09-2007, 23:31
Hello All, I've recently joined the Army and am very excited to begin a new adventure. I have hopes to attend selection over the next year and am trying to gather as much knowledge as possible before hand. Thank you for a site so rich with information.

kunf0002
04-10-2007, 09:56
OK, I was chased over here by some thug MP's, for using too much proper and improper English. I just made that up, but it is probably true. I was at Fort Devens from 1982 until 1984 A Company 2nd Batallian 10th SFG; Team 213. Anyway, I am looking for PSD,WPPS,PSS work in Afghanistan, or Iraq, or anyplace else that pays well. I have raced cars, travelled a ton, and made my own parachute since I have been out. I can drive and shoot, but need some refresher. I am looking for some [people, but I am not sure about the rules yet. Somebody helped me find this place, and I appreciate it. Brought back the greatest memories of my life and the worst. sort of like Christmas.

Godspeed

anaconda
04-10-2007, 10:04
My name is sergeant madden, i'm stationed at fort campbell. i've been a member of this site for about 9 months now. i'm currently training up for next SFAS class 06-07. If anyone has any type of advice to share feel free to hit me up.

The Reaper
04-10-2007, 10:18
My name is sergeant madden, i'm stationed at fort campbell. i've been a member of this site for about 9 months now. i'm currently training up for next SFAS class 06-07. If anyone has any type of advice to share feel free to hit me up.

Do your best and never, ever quit.

Welcome and good luck.

TR

blue02hd
04-10-2007, 11:19
kungfoo posts:

"I was at Fort Devens from 1982 until 1984 A Company 2nd Batallian 10th SFG; Team 213. Anyway, I am looking for PSD,WPPS,PSS work in Afghanistan, or Iraq, or anyplace else that pays well. I have raced cars, travelled a ton, and made my own parachute since I have been out. I can drive and shoot,"

This is misleading. Were you a support member, or a team member on 213?

If you were A/2/10 SFG. why is your designator "213"? Was it an ODA SOTA, or CA? Two years team time? Might be hard to find any of the alphabet work you are asking for with only 2 years team time.

I am not aware of a SF Racing Team, Drag Team, Derby, or Go Cart program.

I guess I am confused, because your introduction makes it look like you are claiming to be SF qualified. Can ya clarify?

And, you mispelled Battalion.

Hit me with some facts, so I can be quiet please.

Team Sergeant
04-10-2007, 12:26
OK, I was chased over here by some thug MP's, for using too much proper and improper English. I just made that up, but it is probably true. I was at Fort Devens from 1982 until 1984 A Company 2nd Batallian 10th SFG; Team 213. Anyway, I am looking for PSD,WPPS,PSS work in Afghanistan, or Iraq, or anyplace else that pays well. I have raced cars, travelled a ton, and made my own parachute since I have been out. I can drive and shoot, but need some refresher. I am looking for some [people, but I am not sure about the rules yet. Somebody helped me find this place, and I appreciate it. Brought back the greatest memories of my life and the worst. sort of like Christmas.

Godspeed

Good catch blue02hd.

If you give me a name,unit, dates served and when you graduated the Q-Course I'll hook you up with more information then you can handle.

Team Sergeant

Team Sergeant
04-10-2007, 12:33
I am a nobody.
I am from a long line of military, my Grandfather was in WW-I, (Lost his eyesight in France)
My father was in Korea, and with that prior service, was one of Kennedy's
1800 advisors in Viet-Nam APO 96 AT-63
Imagine growing up under someone, that makes the training, look like the boy scouts.
I did a bit of time in Lebanon.
I am posting here to try and find a few friends, (Mike Adkins, and Danny Hurst)
I would also like to thank a very important man from my past:
Maj. John Hurst , 5th group

Sir, you changed my attitude and dirrection in life, I can never repay you, but I owe you my gratitude !
Thank you sir

Capt. Fuedo 5th group, and 82nd
You gave me all, my regret was you did not get as much from me.

Former: Sgt. Paul Sevy

Now: Reverand Paul Sevy

Reverand Paul Sevy why have you not returned? Was it because you were asked about your Special Forces background?

A few simple answers is all we require to verify your "Special Forces" status.

Team Sergeant

DPM07
04-10-2007, 23:47
Hello gents, I just wanted to introduce myself. I live in Florida, and recently graduated from college. I enlisted in the FL National Guard in Jan 2007 and failed to get an 18x contract due to a color vision test. I'm hoping to get a vivid red-green test from an SF doctor at Camp Blanding this month (didn't get one at MEPS), and will hopefully be in the SF pipeline around Jan 2008. I originally became interested in the SF life while enrolled in ROTC at the Univ. of Florida, where I was able to talk to two prior service SF guys who were looking to attend OCS. In two semesters I found ROTC was not for me, and instead took a baseball scholarship at a smaller school. 4 years later showed no professional baseball prospects for me, hence my enlistment. I look forward to gaining as much knowledge as possible in the coming months.
I am interested in emergency medicine, and will ideally work my way into an 18D slot within the next several years. I enlisted 91W, and will graduate from AIT in Jan 2008. Thank you all in advance for your insight and advice, it, as well as your service, is greatly appreciated.

TOYsldr84
04-11-2007, 02:10
Howdy folks! I'm a cadet in college. I will be commissioning at the end of the year to go off and save the world! Not a lot to myself besides that I think. I have become very enamored with the Special Forces and its lifestyle thanks to two figures I have come to know since being in college, both SF guys themselves. Kinda hoping this site will give me some info I might need in regards to the military and hopefully becoming one of the silent professionals I have heard so much about. Any correspondence would be much appreciated from officers and NCOs alike.

RTK
04-11-2007, 03:44
Howdy folks! I'm a cadet in college. I will be commissioning at the end of the year to go off and save the world! Not a lot to myself besides that I think. I have become very enamored with the Special Forces and its lifestyle thanks to two figures I have come to know since being in college, both SF guys themselves. Kinda hoping this site will give me some info I might need in regards to the military and hopefully becoming one of the silent professionals I have heard so much about. Any correspondence would be much appreciated from officers and NCOs alike.

Congratulations on your commissioning. Work on mastering the fundamentals of your first job as a platoon leader first. Then worry about what comes next. Focus on graduating from BOLC II and III, since you're 2-3 years from applying anyway. Good luck. Until then, (not to steal TS's thunder) I'd start reading this site.

Vandalism
04-11-2007, 10:50
Just a little about me.
I'm a 20 year-old infantryman SPC currently serving with the new light brigade standing up in Ft. Hood. I served two years in Germany with Bco 2-6IN; six months of which was in Kuwait while another six months was in Ramadi. As of right now I am ineligible to join SF because I am not a US citizen (although that will change in the next three months) so I'll try to hold off on to many questions until I can get a school date. I joined the Army to better myself and to serve my country, I see trying out for SF as being a natural extension of that. My experiences downrange with elements of the SOF community (read: pulling bitch duty) also convinced me that this was a route I wanted to pursue.
I'd like to thank the members of this board for already having a well of information available to those of us who don't want base their decisions of the " dude I heard..." line.

The Reaper
04-11-2007, 11:14
Congratulations on your commissioning. Work on mastering the fundamentals of your first job as a platoon leader first. Then worry about what comes next. Focus on graduating from BOLC II and III, since you're 2-3 years from applying anyway. Good luck. Until then, (not to steal TS's thunder) I'd start reading this site.

If you do not do well in your basic branch, and have good report cards for it, we will not even select you to come try out at SFAS. Accomplish the mission, take care of your people, be situationally aware at all times, get yourself in shape (physically, mentally, emotionally), and lead from the front.

Remember that.

Welcome all, read and search before asking questions. With more than 12,000 posts, somebody has probably asked your question before.

Good luck.

TR

patm85
04-11-2007, 14:32
My name is Pat Morrissey i just enlisted into the Army National Guard in Colorado. Unit of Assignment is C Co 5/19 SFG. So, I don't think it was an 18x contract but i am going to selection after bct/AIT like the 18x contract. I Ship for basic on Sep19 07. Thanks for all the inforamtion.

Surgicalcric
04-11-2007, 18:00
...i just enlisted into the Army National Guard in Colorado i signed an 18x contract...

I bet you didn't sign an 18X contract for the NG... ;)

Welcome,

Crip

TexasSF
04-11-2007, 19:28
A little bit about me. That's always difficult but you caught me on a good day...

I started out in A/3/505 P.I.R. as an 11B from '86 to '90. I got out between "Cause" and "Storm" only to discover I didn't really like being out in the civilian sector - I was managing whiny high school kids at Putt-Putt. This required a different leadership style that I hadn't acquired up to that point. So, I came back in under the 18X program in early '91 and became an 18B in 7th Group. Worked with a great group of guys on 762. Our 18C, Rick C. and I were watching some cool 'mesentery' stuff out at med lab one day with our medic. We were blown away by what was happening and decided to put in a packet to cross over. A year later, we were in the Delta course drinkin' from the firehose. Ended up back in 2nd BN on ODA 753 with another bunch of great guys. Got out in May '98 and took a contract position as an instructor at the new SOMTC facility where I was able to obtain a Bachelor's degree at night and pursue something bigger than my previous civilian experience. Landed a job with Merck as a drug rep. Got married - again - and was okay until 9/11. I stayed with the drug rep thing a few more years but was never quite satisfied. Go figure. I left that job and joined the Texas Army National Guard in early '05 to become a recruiter. I guess I figure if I'm gonna sell somethin', I might as well sell somethin' I believe in. So now I'm a full-timer in the Guard wearing a Starc patch with a long tab above it. I'm looking forward to what the future has in store for SF in Texas. More to come.

longbaugh
04-11-2007, 23:07
Greetings all, I am a SSGT in the USAFR and have deployed to the AOR three times so far and am hoping to make it a fourth. My MOS is Air Transportation meaning I load cargo planes but I am considering a more rewarding carrier. Grew up shooting and have a couple 11b buddies that I hang out with. Looking forward to learning more from this site, I was directed here from a link off of lightfighter and I use the same handle over there. Thanks.

Jah
04-12-2007, 16:55
Introduction From:
[Jah]

What is your duty status?
[Fixing to enlist.]

Where are you from?
[Monterey, CA]

What is your Career Field? (If Applicable)
[None, planning on enlisting as 11X, if possible Airborne.]

What are your Service Dates? (If Applicable)
[0 days served.]

------------------------------------------------------
Tell us a little bit about yourself..

I am 20 YOA, and have been looking into enlisting into the Military for quite some time now. I was thinking of joining the AF at first, but then looked more into what the Army had to offer, so I contacted a recruiter in my area. Things took a turn, when I got a call the next day at work from my Father's GF telling me an Army recruiter was at my house to pick me up for an appointment I had. That incident kind of took me by surprise, so I told the recruiter to never call me again. Since then i've just been busy with work, & taking some college. I realized this isn't for me.. So i'm looking to enlist again, as an 11X or 21D, I haven't quite decided yet. There's a few things holding me back medical wise though, I have a hernia I need to get checked out, and eventually fixed. I don't have the money for it right now, since I have no insurance. Eventually i'd like to look into the 18X category, but not until I server a few years in the Army first, getting used to Military life, and getting myself more into shape. On another note, i'm still trying to find out more information on my past Asthma experience as a child, keeping me back from joining the Military. It wasn't a serious case, i've never had an asthma attack, and used an inhaler for maybe 2 years. Once we got rid of our cat, I was able to stop using my inhaler, because my doctor told me I was allergic to cats. Maybe I never had asthma? Who knows. :confused: I'm just here to lurk, and follow the rules, so that's why i'm posting here. It's a pleasure to be here, with such professional men, and I look forward to an abundance of great information, and a good time. Cheers! :munchin

------------------------------------------------------

bcroach78
04-12-2007, 17:02
Hello. 28/m SGT. currently in Infantry AIT. Previously served 6yrs in the Navy. I enlisted 18x. Graduate AIT May 4th. Anyone know the phone number for the SF Liason on Sand Hill? Thanks.

Brendon

Dan
04-12-2007, 17:25
Hello. 28/m SGT. currently in Infantry AIT. Previously served 6yrs in the Navy. I enlisted 18x. Graduate AIT May 4th. Anyone know the phone number for the SF Liason on Sand Hill? Thanks.

Brendon

You need to fill out your profile. A quick search would have gotten you there: http://www.bragg.army.mil/specialforces/SFBenning/home.htm

SF-TX
04-12-2007, 20:56
I have been 'lurking' on this site for some time. It's about time I registered. I am currently, for lack of a formal title, the 'Project NCOIC' for the burgeoning Texas Army National Guard Special Forces company.

I anticipate previous posts and current users will be a valuable resource in this endeavor.

I also look forward to answering many of the questions that have been posted on this forum regarding Special Forces in Texas.

blackeyedwhite
04-13-2007, 05:53
Selected in class 04-07. I start the Q in September.

bcroach78
04-13-2007, 08:05
You need to fill out your profile. A quick search would have gotten you there: http://www.bragg.army.mil/specialforces/SFBenning/home.htm

I have the number to Ft. Benning, I was hoping someone knew the number to the liason on Sand hill. No biggie, I will just call Ft. Benning. Updated a little bit on my profile. Took me a while to figure out how. Thanks.

Brendon

The Reaper
04-13-2007, 08:13
I have the number to Ft. Benning, I was hoping someone knew the number to the liason on Sand hill. No biggie, I will just call Ft. Benning. Updated a little bit on my profile. Took me a while to figure out how. Thanks.

Brendon

Welcome aboard.

The profile requirement is a test. Those who cannot figure it out are screened out of the program.

We have found that the time to fill out the profile directly correlates to success in the SFQC.

Good luck.

TR

Counsel
04-13-2007, 16:00
Profile is complete and I am introducing myself as requested. My name is Jose, 31 years old, attorney from Puerto Rico. I deeply respect and admire all of those who wear the uniform but most of all those unique individuals and of course, their families, that make up the SOF community.

My wife’s uncle is an SF 7th Group Colonel (Retied) and her cousin’s husband is a current SF 180A 7th Group member, previously station in PR.

After a brief introduction in the 7th Group forum I am shutting down and listening until spoke to.

I appreciate very much the opportunity you are giving me to enter and participate in this site.

JGA

Matta mile
04-13-2007, 18:56
Glad you guys are here.
Enjoy!
MM

Team Sergeant
04-13-2007, 19:03
Welcome all.

Team Sergeant

Curt Geezus
04-15-2007, 14:07
Hello all,

At first I was set on being a SEAL, but more recently I have been looking at Special Forces as well. I don't know as much about Special Forces as I do SEALs, but this site is helping out a lot. I hope to leave for basic between January and March 2008. I am not sure which I am going to end up doing, at this point anything is possible.

The Reaper
04-15-2007, 14:19
Hello all,

At first I was set on being a SEAL, but more recently I have been looking at Special Forces as well. I don't know as much about Special Forces as I do SEALs, but this site is helping out a lot. I hope to leave for basic between January and March 2008. I am not sure which I am going to end up doing, at this point anything is possible.

Well, basically, if the guy you sign with to go to Basic is wearing a white or a blue uniform, you joined the Navy. If the uniform is Green, he was an Army guy. Don't worry, they will make sure you get on the right bus.

Whichever you choose, if it is not on your contract, it will be a couple of years in the conventional forces before you get to try out for SEAL or SF.

What makes you want to be either one?

TR

JWB4
04-15-2007, 14:56
Greetings,

I have been lurking here for some time-- a wealth of knowledge from a variety of backgrounds.

A bit about myself, I am prior service, 82nd AB DIV (98-01). Currently, I am in Law Enforcement. I have always been interested in SF and am exploring possibilities with NG SF.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge and for your service.

RLTW,

JW

Curt Geezus
04-15-2007, 15:50
Well, basically, if the guy you sign with to go to Basic is wearing a white or a blue uniform, you joined the Navy. If the uniform is Green, he was an Army guy. Don't worry, they will make sure you get on the right bus.

Whichever you choose, if it is not on your contract, it will be a couple of years in the conventional forces before you get to try out for SEAL or SF.

What makes you want to be either one?

TR

Well, theres a lot of pros and cons for both. At first I didn't even know what SEALs did, and then I just started hearing about some of their missions and thought that sounds like something I would like to do. I never really paid too much attention to the other SOF units but then just out of curiousity I read about Special Forces and was kind of surprised at how tough it was.

They are both great in their own ways, and it's kind of hard to get a real picture of what they do and how good they are at it since most of their missions are classified.

One of the things that scared me away from Special Forces in the beginning was that you have to get "selected." I didn't like the idea that I could give it all I got, never give up, and still not make it.

I also like that you can do Special Forces in the National Guard, so I could still live here and maybe take some college classes when I have time.

Sorry I kind of ranted on. Long story short-I want to fight for my country, particularly terrorism.

The Reaper
04-15-2007, 15:57
Well, theres a lot of pros and cons for both. At first I didn't even know what SEALs did, and then I just started hearing about some of their missions and thought that sounds like something I would like to do. I never really paid too much attention to the other SOF units but then just out of curiousity I read about Special Forces and was kind of surprised at how tough it was.

They are both great in their own ways, and it's kind of hard to get a real picture of what they do and how good they are at it since most of their missions are classified.

One of the things that scared me away from Special Forces in the beginning was that you have to get "selected." I didn't like the idea that I could give it all I got, never give up, and still not make it.

I also like that you can do Special Forces in the National Guard, so I could still live here and maybe take some college classes when I have time.

Sorry I kind of ranted on. Long story short-I want to fight for my country, particularly terrorism.

The SEALs have a selection process as well, if you were not aware, as do all of the SOF organizations.

You want to run with the big dogs, you have to show you have what it takes.

Even if you enlist for SF, you won't get to SFAS till you have finished Basic, AIT, Airborne, and SFPC.

Best of luck.

TR

FearMonkey
04-15-2007, 16:59

Of course it's a risk, and of course you're not going to be comfortable with it. It's the same fear every wannabe Green Beret, Navy SEAL, Army Ranger, Air Force PJ, Marine Force Recon, etc. soldier must face, but keep this in mind. "Only by great risks can great results be achieved."

Do you want to be a Green Beret bad enough to risk failure? Besides, if/when you do make it to a team you'll be risking more than that.

Curt Geezus
04-15-2007, 17:14
The SEALs have a selection process as well, if you were not aware, as do all of the SOF organizations.

You want to run with the big dogs, you have to show you have what it takes.

Even if you enlist for SF, you won't get to SFAS till you have finished Basic, AIT, Airborne, and SFPC.

Best of luck.

TR

When you say selection, are you referring to BUD/S? Or the PST? It seems, in BUD/S, if you put out and meet all the physical requirements(runs, swims, the o-course), they aren't just going to drop you. I don't know all about SFAS yet, but compared with BUD/S it seems like it is based more on skill, such as land naviagtion. Which yes I know they teach you these things, but I don't know how easy/hard it is to actually learn if you are new to the Army.

Example: I read an article about SFAS and they mentioned one of the 18x guys who they said had a lot of heart and determination, and one of the cadre members said something a long the lines of "you can't teach a guy that sort of thing, that is something we look for" blah blah, in the end he didn't get selected. The only guy they mentioned that did get selected was an experienced soldier from the infantry.

I guess it just worries me that I could get dropped because someone thinks I don't have what it takes, or because I didn't fully understand land navigation yet.

jwhansen01
04-15-2007, 23:40
Hello, all. I'm a PL with B/1-24 IN in Alaska. I've enjoyed the book reviews for the most part so far. I can't remember how I first came across this site but it has been interesting thus far. Thank you for creating and maintaining it.

Dive08
04-16-2007, 12:03
hi, ive been lurking/searching for about a month and have seen that i should introduce myself a bit before posting elsewhere. Im a 2LT just in after graduating in Dec. Its a good while and a deployment or 2+ before my app window opens but it never hurts to read up.

supersenior
04-16-2007, 14:47
Hello, all. My name is Will - I'm 27 years old and a senior at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. I completed an OCS packet and was accepted in September of 2006. However, since then I've decided that I want to serve in the enlisted side of the Army, specifically in special operations. It's a decision that I'm 100% committed to and have been working hard every day to prepare myself mentally and physically.

I've been in the process of pursuing an Option 40 contract, and in fact, I was at MEPS today to complete my Airborne physical and reno my contract. I was told there were no Option 40 contracts available, but they did offer an 18x. I told them I wanted to take some time so I can have all the facts before making a decision.

I've only recently discovered this site and began to truly understand what Special Forces do and how the 18x contract works. I was plowing ahead on the Option 40 contract without fully knowing what all the options were. It's my fault, but I plan to rectify the situation by continuing to soak up as much information as I can. In a sense, I feel grateful that the contract was not available, as I now have a couple more weeks to make an informed decision. To be honest, the more that I learn about SF & the 18x contract, the more I feel that this is the type of career that I had hoped to pursue, and I will have to give it some serious thought. My heart tells me to keep my original goal, and I may very well end up with an Option 40 anyway, but now at least I'll know I had all the facts first.

Thank you to all the BTDTs here and at armyranger.com for providing this invaluable resource.

EDIT: I learned about this site through armyranger.com

Team Sergeant
04-16-2007, 14:50
Hello, all. My name is Will - I'm 27 years old and a senior at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. I completed an OCS packet and was accepted in September of 2006. However, since then I've decided that I want to serve in the enlisted side of the Army, specifically in special operations. It's a decision that I'm 100% committed to and have been working hard every day to prepare myself mentally and physically.

I've been in the process of pursuing an Option 40 contract, and in fact, I was at MEPS today to complete my Airborne physical and reno my contract. I was told there were no Option 40 contracts available, but they did offer an 18x. I told them I wanted to take some time to make a decision so I can have all the facts before making a decision.

I've only recently discovered this site and began to truly understand what Special Forces do and how the 18x contract works. I was plowing ahead on the Option 40 contract without fully knowing what all the options were. It's my fault, but I plan to rectify the situation by continuing to soak up as much information as I can. In a sense, I feel grateful that the contract was not available, as I now have a couple more weeks to make an informed decision. To be honest, the more that I learn about SF & the 18x contract, the more I feel that this is the type of career that I had hoped to pursue, and I will have to give it some serious thought. My heart tells me to keep my original goal, and I may very well end up with an Option 40 anyway, but now at least I'll know I had all the facts first.

Thank you to all the BTDTs here and at armyranger.com for providing this invaluable resource.

EDIT: I learned about this site through armyranger.com

Welcome aboard!

Make sure you tell the recruiter Professionalsoldiers.com "referred" you! ;)

Team Sergeant

leif
04-16-2007, 17:07
i am a SPC serving at Ft. Hood, Tx. I go to selection in the month of June, and i am here to get information and mentoring. My current MOS is 63H, Which is a track vehicle repairer. I am to become a Special Forces soldier because i like the idea of helping people( liberate the oppressed) and also i like to work with professionals. Thanks

Leif Powell
Ft. Hood. Tx

NDD Admin edit - I fixed your error. Operators work for either the phone company or they drive bulldozers. Have a very SF Day. ;)

gear_junkie
04-16-2007, 18:07
All:

I'm an AD SSG, stationed at Ft. Lewis. I'm a squad leader in the Stryker Brigade; 1st SFG (A) is right up the road. Been there about 5 yrs. I joined the forum to seek and share information; hopefully, I can impart some wisdom to all of you soon-to-be Soldiers, and I can obtain some insight from you old salty dawgs...

Team Sergeant
04-16-2007, 18:13
All:

I'm an AD SSG, stationed at Ft. Lewis. I'm a squad leader in the Stryker Brigade; 1st SFG (A) is right up the road. Been there about 5 yrs. I joined the forum to seek and share information; hopefully, I can impart some wisdom to all of you soon-to-be Soldiers, and I can obtain some insight from you old salty dawgs...

Welcome gents.

gear_junkie save the imparting of knowledge for another board, most "soon to be soldiers" that come here wish to hear from the SF soldiers.;)

Team Sergeant
Former member of 1st Special Forces Group, right up the road.;)

gear_junkie
04-16-2007, 20:07
roger that, thanks for the ego check:o

wolfpak7
04-17-2007, 10:21
Just completing as requested. 11 year law enforcement veteran in southeast ga. 34 years old and working towards an 18x contract with Guard. Hope to interview in Jax. Enough chit chat, glad to meet you guys, my best to you in all you do and will do, I need to go train.

Wolf out.:lifter

wallowinginfun
04-17-2007, 14:22
E4 in A 3/144 infantry Texas National Guard
Really enjoying the forum. Very little bullshit, if any. And no tolerance for stupid questions. There's a real wealth of information and the perspectives are really enlightening. I really thought hard about going SF in 20th group, but personal (woman) problems got in the way, and ended up with nothing to show for it. Lesson finally learned. Now I'm going to use my "Mesopotamia Savings Plan" money to go to college as soon as I make it home from this next deployment. Still really attracted to going SF just because it feels like such a noble purpose.

mpg
04-17-2007, 15:56
Hi I'm a cav scout E5 in the guard on my second overseas tour (kosovo, now Iraq). Currently serving as a SF augmentee.
Also currently a senior at university of cincinnati, studying criminal justice. Before being deployed, supervised/ran security at a club.
Been reading around the site for a while, finally registered in case I had my own questions. Also have read get selected
Thanks

TtownBeatdown
04-17-2007, 16:23
Hello,
I have been in the Army National Guard for almost 7 years and have decided to take the next step in my career. I am a NQP in the Florida Guard. My first drill is this weekend and I am looking forward to the experience.

Team Sergeant
04-17-2007, 17:06
Welcome all, enjoy the site.

The Reaper
04-17-2007, 19:39
Hello,
I have been in the Army National Guard for almost 7 years and have decided to take the next step in my career. I am a NQP in the Florida Guard. My first drill is this weekend and I am looking forward to the experience.

Welcome.

Please read the stickies and fill out your profile.

TR

Baloo92
04-17-2007, 19:42
Hello. I’ve been lurking/reading for a while now. I’m a 23 year old college student, in the ARNG, and just joined ROTC program at school. I’m majoring in International Business, with a minor in Arabic. Once I commission I am going to pursue a career in Special Forces.

creeture
04-17-2007, 20:13
CREETURE here. I had the pleasure and honor to meet the "Team Sergeant". He introduced me to this site . I was instructed to sit back and listen, hince the word "read" more than I speak. In my mind, its the only way to learn. I am in the process of training to get ready to attemp the way of life most of you on this forum have or are living. I am a former Marine. Grunt by choice, Grunt by trade. I have been out for about 6 months, and nothing has filled the spot of serving. And its not even about serving its about the men beside you. I am full of questions, I am always thinking, I have noticed that most of all my questions have been answered through reading the forum. I look forward to reading more and learning.

Semper Fi,

Creeture

Team Sergeant
04-17-2007, 20:16
CREETURE here. I had the pleasure and honor to meet the "Team Sergeant".

Semper Fi,

Creeture

Not sure about pleasure and honor part....:D welcome aboard Marine!!!

Team Sergeant

Mace
04-18-2007, 09:12
Hello!!!!

My name is Miguel i'm from Portugal, I thank the chance to leave to enter me in your house, I am interested myself very for special operations!!!

Thank you!!!!

TENGU
04-18-2007, 15:04
Greetings to all;

Joined the Army while living in NYC 1979. Attended Basic in Ft. Jackson,
Columbia , SC. Attended BAC Ft. Benning , GA. 2/1980.
MOS: 11B3P, Assigned B Co 2/325 AIR 82nd Abn. My fluency in Spanish
landed me a stint in SOA Ft. Gulik Panama. Got out 2/1989.
Had support role with you Greenies of 7th SFG. Next door, Ft. Davis Panama.
Also spent time at Soto Cano AFB, Comayagua, Honduras.
Here to listen , polish up on up to date TTP and put my .02 cents worth when appropiate.

Matta mile
04-18-2007, 18:54
Hello gents, good to have you here.
Please make sure your profiles are filled out.
Creeture, I had the distinct pleasure of serving with the 1 MARDIV in 05', (glad I joined the Army!).
Best wishes
MM

ksgbobo
04-18-2007, 23:00
How is everybody doing? My name is Kyle, I live in Jacksonville Florida. I am 23 years old, and a Junior at the University of North Florida studying Construction Management. I have been married for almost two years now. I have read many books on Special Operations Forces, but the Special Forces motto, De Oppresso Liber is something that I hope I could do some day. Giving service to others is great, but helping other people fight for their freedom is awesome. I love this website and the information that it contains, and grateful to all of you who have served and are serving in this wonderful country.

Keyboard
04-19-2007, 12:27
Hi,

I am 19 years of age and have had an interest in the military since I was a little kid, it wasn't until the end of highschool where I had an extreme interest in the world of Special Forces. In September of September of '05 I started school at Humber, where I took Police Foundations, nearing the end of the program (will be done on April 27th), I have found that I do not want a career as a LEO. Next January I will (hopefully) be taking the Paramedics program at the same school, however a different campus, and will be looking to pursue a career as a Firefighter. The past September in the gym I did something to my lower back which stopped my application into the Canadian Forces Reserves, and was doing exercises prescribed to me by my doctor and physiotherepaist that helped, but once I stopped them the pain came back. I am going for an appointment for an MRI soon enough, and wen that comes back that will determine when I join the Reserves. I currently reside in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

P.S. I will be filling out my profile right after posting this.

ASByron
04-19-2007, 15:13
Hey guys,

Quick introduction: I'm a junior in college at Quinnipiac University (best girls in New England!) studying political science and psychology, did two years of AFROTC with aspirations for CCT, very much looking forward to the Army when I graduate next year and looking into SF and CI. I'm currently in DC for a semester interning at the National Defense University at Fort McNair. I've gained a lot of insight into SF from what I've read here in the posts and through my internship; every time I think my interest peaks it keeps going further and further.

To keep this short, I'll just say one more thing. Of all the posts I've read, I have to give great credit to NoisDefionsDoc, AWESOME thread on Training the Mind. I actually printed a copy of it for my supervisor at the NDU to pass on to future interns!

See you around the forums, although I won't be saying much cuz I'm here to learn...not act like I know my shit from my breakfast. Nice to meet you guys.

hetzer
04-19-2007, 17:21
I have been with the support company 3/20th since september of 2006 in an unqualified status awaiting basic, AIT and airborne. By some twist of scheduling MEPS set me up for a July 2007 ship date. Once trained I will fill a 96B slot with the unit. Prior to partying my wa yout of college in 1996 I was assigned to ALARNG unit as an SMP. However, no graduation/no commision. Since then I have gotten my act together.

I have read several pages of the introductory thread and am sure I have run across several 18x's on the land nav course off Greble road.

In civilian life I am a police sergeant assigned to patrol, I am also trained as an EMT-B and Firefighter but rarely work in this capacity. I am 35 with one wife and three kids.

ICwrestler8745
04-19-2007, 20:28
Gentlemen,

I look forward to this chance to speak to some active and retired Special Forces soldiers. I'm a Junior in college as of now and my current plan is to enlist in the Army after I graduate with an eventual goal of serving with a Ranger Battalion or Special Forces Group. Thank you for your time and service.

-E

NousDefionsDoc
04-19-2007, 22:19
I've gained a lot of insight into SF from what I've read here in the posts and through my internship LOL

Thank you for your kind words.

Razor
04-19-2007, 22:36
I am 35 with one wife and three kids.

Good luck.

SupraSoldier
04-19-2007, 23:11
Hello my name is "Jack" current mos grunt, I am attending SFAS Class 06-07. I am excited to go; and my first steps into becoming a green beret. Thanks! this forums contain great info! keep up the good work.

x SF med
04-20-2007, 08:03
... I am attending SFAS Class 06-07. I am excited to go; and my first steps into becoming a green beret.

Jack-
As discussed in other places on the board, a "Green Beret" is a hat, the men are Special Forces Soldiers, or SF. Good luck with SFAS, I hope you are prepared and have read MAJ Martin's book. No matter what, never quit, follow directions, and use initiative.

Brainburn
04-20-2007, 08:27
Hello all,
Great board!
Was an 18E on 196 for a few years. Looking forward to finding some buddies.

Take care,
Mike Peterman

Team Sergeant
04-20-2007, 09:21
Hello all,
Great board!
Was an 18E on 196 for a few years. Looking forward to finding some buddies.

Take care,
Mike Peterman

Mike one of your teammates is on here..... (Adal) as well as a few members of 195 and a few hundred other SF soldiers.

Welaome aboard.

Team Sergeant

vatoloco96706
04-20-2007, 15:15
Greetings,

My name is Julio Perez. I'm prior service (Air Force), but just made the switch from Blue to Green w/a ship out date of May 3rd to OCS. I hope to learn a lot from the warriors on this board, and all the BTDTs (who referred me here from SOCNET). I'll read more than post, and try not to step on my crank when I do.

Thanks for putting up such a great forum.

Jeff34
04-20-2007, 20:38
Hello every one;

I have been reading over the boards and post. I have been looking for some time for a site like this one. I have always been very interested in the Army and SF way of life. In particular the VN time. My dad was in the 1st infantry division, he did one tour of duty other than that I don’t really know a lot more, he did not talk about it very much and now I will never know much more of what he did or went threw. He passed a way in August of 2004 with cancer. We also had a good friend of the family that I have not seen for a long time. He was Cap. In the 5th group 101st airborne, if I remember right he did 3 tours, he was also in the 1st infantry division, I think he was also at one time in the 23rd infantry division. I have some things of his from that time and there is more but not right now this is long enough. I will do my best to keep my mouth shut and my eyes open. I am here to read and learn.

I Sincerely thank you for the opportunity to read your post and learn
PS: and for serving and protecting our country.

The Reaper
04-20-2007, 20:44
MACV:

Unless you served in RVN as a toddler, please let me know what you would like to change your user name to.

We owe that to the men who did serve there.

TR

Jeff34
04-20-2007, 20:51
I will change it. Sorry

bmbty
04-20-2007, 21:14
Hello,

This site has been recomended to me by one of my Bosses a "Quiet Professional". I have served in 3rd SFG and currently in my 2nd yr of my SWTG tour. I am looking forward to talking with true quiet professionals.

wenzel
04-24-2007, 10:48
I'm a student at NC State University one year from graduation. I plan to sign an 18X contract after graduation. Been researching for the past 2+ years and will be here eyes and ears open. Just finished Mr. Couch's Chosen Soldier it has been a tremendous benefit along with this site. Thanks to all who can make this learning experience possible.

Fallon21
04-24-2007, 11:10
Hello Guys,
I am Spc. Fallon I'm a 11B/19D MOSQ with Summer Basic Mountian Warfare School under my belt.Im a National Guardsmen AKA Nasty Girl. Found this web site from a friend. My father was in the 10th group. I figured by reading some of your forums I can gain high speed knowledge from most of the SF guys on here. Im 20years old and I'm on a deployment here in Kosovo or Balkins . Peace Keeping mission. I've Been in the NG for about three years now. I plan on taking my career as far as I can in the military. Thanks.

Spc. Fallon

Jack Moroney (RIP)
04-24-2007, 13:44
Hello Guys, My father was in the 10th group. Spc. Fallon

I know your dad and mom well as we worked together twice before. Next time you talk with him tell him hello for me.

tanto-trader
04-24-2007, 14:21
My name Is Chris, and I have no prior military experience. I work in the Private sector Security for various Governmental agencies’ I currently work with Air Force in a Civilian capacity. I am here to learn what I can thanks for the sight.

jjames83
04-24-2007, 16:47
Hi my name is John. I just graduated from college and I plan to enlist under an 18x contract. I am looking to learn as much as I can before making the commitment.

Ben G.
04-24-2007, 18:40
Hello, my name is Ben, im 16 years old and currently in high school. For many years I've wanted to join the United States Army, my father was in the US Army and my grandfather was in the US Army and I plan to be a third generation soldier, and would like to try for the Army SF. I love researching anything about military or American history. I've learned much already from this website and hope to learn much more. Thankyou, Ben.

MIKIE
04-25-2007, 03:18
Good day gentlemen , thank you for letting me join your forum i have the upmost respect and genuine admiration for you all . Mike

ironstoNe
04-25-2007, 11:13
Hello gentlemen,

My name is Nick and I am a recent college graduate from Loyola University in Chicago and came upon this site through searching the web. I am seriously considering to enlist under the 18X program and much of the information I have obtained for it is on your site, so I thank you all for the interesting posts. I am all eyes and ears here so keep the posts going and I'll be sure to learn more from you all.

LokisFeuer
04-25-2007, 11:15
As ordered here my first post!
I'm from Germany and played one of the german soldier in the documentation "Devils Brigade" (aired in december last year on History Television).

That was my first intensiv personal contact with SFs, so I get more and more interested. (Books are boring :rolleyes: )

My active duty in the Bundeswehr is ower and now I'm in the reserve.
So let's see, what an average soldier can learn here.

- Loki

miggs
04-25-2007, 11:20
three years active duty army and looking to reclass into an intell MOS (humint/CI) and would want to be able to support an SF group

The Reaper
04-25-2007, 11:33
Welcome Gents.

Don't forget to fill in your profiles.

TR

Bill Harsey
04-25-2007, 11:36
Welcome aboard all.

vin
04-25-2007, 12:30
Gentlemen,

Thank you for the opportunity! I have served as an Infantry Platoon Leader, Scout Platoon Leader, and currently as the Assistant Operations Officer for my Task Force in Ramadi, Iraq. I attended SFAS in October 2006, made it through, but was not selected in the end. I want go back as a National Guard Officer, and I'm looking to joing C/2/19th Group in WV. I am looking forward to learning more about the community better preparing myself for the next time.

CPT Erik Sarson

Lanyard
04-25-2007, 12:43
Hello All,
I'm a low speed family man in the Rocky Mountains. I enjoy competitive shooting and other outdoor fun. I used to work in Alaska for a few years & think I may have seen a few of you putting those fast black RHIB's in at the Small Boat Harbor. (I always wondered if you were just going out to pull a few pots since you didn't seem to be very well outfitted.) I'm here to glean the knowledge of those more experienced in rucking, gear and shooting. I especially enjoy the acerbic sense of humor here. Thanks.

Team Sergeant
04-25-2007, 12:51
Welcome all.

Lanyard,
You're lucky I don't ban you for making me look up "acerbic".;)

Team Sergeant

esco015
04-25-2007, 14:10
NCSU grad. 23 years old. Currently in the data gathering/recruiting part of this journey.

The Reaper
04-25-2007, 15:17
NCSU grad. 23 years old. Currently in the data gathering/recruiting part of this journey.

Go Pack!

TR

FFLaguna
04-25-2007, 16:27
I've always been a lurker on this forum, as well as the ARSOF recruitment forum on SOCNET. I was just selected from class 5-07, and will be moving to Phase II in a couple of months. I'm 21 years old and currently stationed at Fort Bragg.

Sdiver
04-25-2007, 18:54
Welcome aboard all.

Lanyard....do us fellow Coloradians a favor, and there's a few of us here.....don't make us look all smart and stuff, by using BIG words, the likes of which that made the Team Sergeant had to look up......we've got these guys going, as to we're nothing more than a bunch of "country bumkins." :D ;)