PDA

View Full Version : Introductions III

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Radar
04-26-2007, 10:05
Greetings;

18 E SSG 3/20th. Just returned from Iraq. Graduated 05 Dec 2006. Shipped out the following week.

Love the opp to serve my country and feel I need to do so much more.

Gearing up currently to head out again in the very near future.

Thanks for the meeting place.

x SF med
04-27-2007, 07:09
Greetings;

18 E SSG 3/20th. Just returned from Iraq. Graduated 05 Dec 2007. Shipped out the following week.

Radar - Dec 2006 or Dec 2007? :D

Team Sergeant
04-27-2007, 07:53
Greetings;

18 E SSG 3/20th. Just returned from Iraq. Graduated 05 Dec 2007. Shipped out the following week.

Now that's confidence!;)

Congrats SSG and welcome back.

Team Sergeant

Bill Harsey
04-27-2007, 08:47
Welcome all.

Lanyard,
You're lucky I don't ban you for making me look up "acerbic".;)

Team Sergeant
I looked up "acerbic" and all I could find was a picture of the Team Sergeant.

lincolnprins
04-27-2007, 09:44
Hey I found this forum right before I went to SFAS (05-07) and I got a lot of good information from it. So thanks to everyone for that. I did get selected so I will probably be using this board for the the foreseeable future. Thanks again guys.

The Reaper
04-27-2007, 09:51
Welcome.

Please fill in your profile.

TR

jmgrimsh
04-27-2007, 12:26
Hello,
This is my second time that I have posted my introduction here. I originally posted last fall, but I think it was erased. I wanted to post again to cover my bases, so that if I ever decided to reply in another thread I would have the prerequisites completed.
Since joining this site last fall, I have read, searched, and trained. I was Selected in the November – December SFAS class of 2007. I have taken a leave of absence from school and deferred my loans to attend SFQC this summer. I attribute much of my successes to the information that I have procured from the Quiet Professionals on this site.
I will now go back to reading, training, and picking up my sight picture on the 25m target.

Thanks,
Jordan

The Reaper
04-27-2007, 12:30
Hello,
This is my second time that I have posted my introduction here. I originally posted last fall, but I think it was erased. I wanted to post again to cover my bases, so that if I ever decided to reply in another thread I would have the prerequisites completed.

Thanks,
Jordan

Jordan:

Here you go:

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=136351#post136351

TR

jmgrimsh
04-27-2007, 12:38
I really screwed that one up. I should just stick to reading, because my computer skills are lacking. Please consider this an update then.

Respectfully,

Jordan

Evangelist
04-27-2007, 12:42
Hello, I am a college graduate non-prior.
I am moving from Nashville, TN to Florence, AL next month. I have been interested in service as a chaplain since my employment is a minister. The 20th SFG will only be 45 minutes away in Huntsville, AL. I have spoken with the NG chaplains here in Tennessee, but I would like to know a little more about the work that a SF chaplain does.

Thank you for your service and allowing me to post.

Cynic
04-27-2007, 19:32
Like an old fire horse, I couldn't resist responding to a nursing/drug question. That would be a case of not following directions, since I should have posted here first.

I have no military experience, simply a wealth of admiration for the warriors. I enjoy listening to the wisdom and humor.

Back to lurking. :munchin

- Cynic

G4dcards
04-28-2007, 17:58
My name is Andrew I started off on the wrong foot on this website, and wish to start over. I live in Louisville, Ky and am a fifteen year old freshman attending Louisville Male High School. I have aspirations to join the SF's and through joining this website have noticed a flaw in my personality and am working to change. I have the utmost respect for all who serve in the military present/past/future who protect me and my family, and wish to be able to connect with those who defend my freedom.

lksteve
04-28-2007, 18:13
My name is Andrew I started off on the wrong foot on this website...i would advise changing your signature.....

The Reaper
04-28-2007, 18:58
My name is Andrew I started off on the wrong foot on this website, and wish to start over. I live in Louisville, Ky and am a fifteen year old freshman attending Louisville Male High School. I have aspirations to join the SF's and through joining this website have noticed a flaw in my personality and am working to change. I have the utmost respect for all who serve in the military present/past/future who protect me and my family, and wish to be able to connect with those who defend my freedom.

Stud, your total lack of SA, lack of maturity, failure to follow simple instructions, lack of personal integrity in lying about your age make me think that you are not the kind of person we are looking for. I also do not appreciate you appropriating another QPs sig line.

We can make you faster, better educated, and stronger, but we cannot fix personal ethics.

Maybe a bit of maturity and effort will help you, but in the interim, you do not belong here.

Adios kid, and have a very SF day.

TR

Team Sergeant
04-28-2007, 19:53

Read the rules kid. I highlighted the ones that pertained to you. They've been in effect for a few years now.... you can come back in a few more years.

Team Sergeant

Professional Soldiers Bulletin Board Rules:

1. We encourage new members to observe a forum before posting, which will avoid interrupting the tenor of a thread or a forum with inappropriate or irrelevant information. We also encourage the new member to use the board’s search options before starting a new thread which might be an inappropriate repeat of a subject that has already been covered.

2. Fill out your profile.

If you desire to engage a Quiet Professional in a discussion concerning issues you find interesting it is essential you fill out your profile. The Quiet Professionals are interested in knowing with whom they're discussing global terrorism before they post a reply. While you need not submit your birthday, a year of birth helps.
3. Introduce yourself with your first post. Here!

When you come into our house we'd like to know a little about you. This assists in the framing of a response from a Professional Soldiers member.

4. No verbal attacks, flaming etc. Verbal assaults on a member of Professional Soldiers.com will result in a warning and/or immediate banning from the bulletin board. Likewise a malicious verbal assault on a Quiet Professional will result in amusing the other Quiet Professionals and a possible banning by the board administrators.

5. Posting pictures: All posted pictures should be relevant to the thread they're being posted in. The posting of nudity will not be tolerated and will result in an immediate removal from the Professional Soldiers BB along with the poster.

6. Advertisements must first be approved by Professional Soldiers' Staff before posting. URLs in the signature line are not permitted. A link in a post is permitted as long as the link is relevant to the thread.

7. Think before you post. Post something unintelligent and we’ll let you know. Post something unintelligent twice and you’ll be gone. We ask no quarter and none will be given.

8. Use the search button. We are asked many of the same questions time and time again. The first time one asks a redundant question he/she will be warned, the second time might result in a banning.

9. Professional Soldiers' Staff reserves the right to edit, move, delete and/or ban anyone at anytime for any reason.

10. Individuals under the age of 17 are not encouraged to post. Individuals under the age of 14 are not permitted to register.

ProfessionalSoldiers.com is owned and operated by Quiet Professionals. While all moderators may not be Quiet Professionals all of the administrators are and all have zero tolerance for foolish or troublesome members. Professional Soldiers' moderators have the total support of board administrators and Quiet Professionals. Any verbal assault on a PS moderator will not be viewed as amusing and will be dealt with unsympathetically by the board administrators.

Stupidity is not an excuse.

De Oppresso Liber

crash
04-28-2007, 20:06
Been lurking on here on and on for a while. I'm a Medic in the Army, just got back from CP Casey Korea where I was a line medic with Able co. 2nd. battalion of the 9th Infantry, Manchus. I'm now at Fort Bragg inprocessing to go to Womack. Hoping to make my time here a little more productive than I did in korea. I'd like to try to volunteer with a local EMS service to get a little civilian experience; also trying to take some classes hopefully be able to acheive a emt-p while here.
SF is one of my long term goals, but for now I just lurk here.

Team Sergeant
04-28-2007, 20:28
I'd like to try to volunteer with a local EMS service to get a little civilian experience; also trying to take some classes hopefully be able to acheive a emt-p while here.
SF is one of my long term goals, but for now I just lurk here.

I took my EMT class at Bragg while waiting to be re-assigned to 1st Gp. Also volunteered my time with a local EMS service. I quit after a few months due to the high number of drug addicts and drug overdoses we were picking up daily in Fayetteville. I hope things have changed. :rolleyes:

Welcome aboard.

Team Sergeant

mgcohen
04-29-2007, 20:03
I am a senior in college in Boston, MA and recently enlisted in the 18x program. I thank you all for allowing me to read your posts and learn more about SF before I ship to basic at Fort Benning in July. I will keep my chatter to a minimum.

-Cohen

Radar
04-30-2007, 05:51
Greetings;

Typo

Graduated 05 Dec 2006, Ok, guess I should swap the 7 and 6 covers on the keyboard, I seem to do that all the time!

Geraldo18Z
04-30-2007, 08:01
Hello-
I am the training team sergeant for a NG SF unit in WV. I have over 20 years of active, reserve and NG experience. I graduated the SFQC in 2000 and have deployed with 3rd, 10th and 19th Group. Anyone interested in NG SF, feel free to contact me.

Gozer13
04-30-2007, 17:29
Gentlemen, it is my pleasure to post here. I am in the Utah National Guard 1/19th SFGA REC. I just got back from Airborne school, and am leaving for selection June 6th.
I am an 18-C hopeful, and have always been turned on with demolitions. I was a 21-B(12-B) squad leader in a light mech unit combat line platoon. What a cool job! The only thing that I can think that would be cooler is an 18-C.
I am just about over a ferocious cold, and have about one month to get myself back into shape. I am going to begin looking on the site for training programs, as I need one that will be a little more robust that I am currently doing. If there is one, or if someone could point me in a good direction, I would really appreciate it.

Brian (Teaspoon) Stone
Alpha-Male Extraordinaire

...ChristianConservativeConstitutionalUltraNationa listWesternInfidel

The Reaper
04-30-2007, 18:14
Gentlemen, it is my pleasure to post here. I am in the Utah National Guard 1/19th SFGA REC. I just got back from Airborne school, and am leaving for selection June 6th.
I am an 18-C hopeful, and have always been turned on with demolitions. I was a 21-B(12-B) squad leader in a light mech unit combat line platoon. What a cool job! The only thing that I can think that would be cooler is an 18-C.
I am just about over a ferocious cold, and have about one month to get myself back into shape. I am going to begin looking on the site for training programs, as I need one that will be a little more robust that I am currently doing. If there is one, or if someone could point me in a good direction, I would really appreciate it.

Brian (Teaspoon) Stone
Alpha-Male Extraordinaire

...ChristianConservativeConstitutionalUltraNationa listWesternInfidel

Try the same one we send everyone to, the one in the SWCS Handbook.

TR

dre
05-01-2007, 14:09
Thanks for allowing me to join this incredible site . I am 25 years old. I intend on enlisting with an 18x contract. The reason I am here is to learn.

CPTAUSRET
05-01-2007, 14:12
Welcome aboard, guys!

The rules are simple, but adherence is encouraged!

Shar
05-01-2007, 15:02
I am the wife of an CPT who just got picked up to attend SFAS sometime this year (we're hoping August). I'm the research junkie in the family and have been reading everything I can get my hands and eyes on and giving the information to him. He's currently at the MICCC here at Fort Huachuca and is getting very, very busy training up. I doubt I'll say much, but I appreciate everything I read - you all are fantastic. This is great company to keep, I really hope my husband gets the nod and we can join the SF family.

Team Sergeant
05-01-2007, 16:14
I am the wife of an CPT who just got picked up to attend SFAS sometime this year (we're hoping August). I'm the research junkie in the family and have been reading everything I can get my hands and eyes on and giving the information to him. He's currently at the MICCC here at Fort Huachuca and is getting very, very busy training up. I doubt I'll say much, but I appreciate everything I read - you all are fantastic. This is great company to keep, I really hope my husband gets the nod and we can join the SF family.

Welcome to the site Shar.

Tell the Cpt good luck and never quit.;)

Team Sergeant

CPTAUSRET
05-01-2007, 16:47

Nice intro!

Best of luck to both of you! You will need to be very supportive of what he has to do, but I presume you know that!

Welcome aboard!:)

Scimitar
05-01-2007, 19:47
Hey Shar,

Out of the current 130 odd guys enlisted as 18X only about five of them are married, average age 22 + or -. I guess it’s a single mans game.

It’s great to see a wife who is so supportive

Good woman are hard to find and it sounds like he's got one.

Good on ya mate.

Shar
05-01-2007, 20:33
Thanks for the welcomes. My husband is 30 and we've got 3 kids so I figured he's a little outside the norm for those going through SFAS. He has a few buddies who are about his same age or older who recently made it through or are doing it with him (and have been before as prior enlisted) and he's in the best shape of his life, so I've got high hopes.

It's easy to be supportive when you believe in the cause. The Army is very deeply ingrained in my blood, so supporting him really isn't a difficulty. (There are other difficulties of course, but this isn't the place for that!)

He_Officer
05-01-2007, 20:45
Hi All,

I've been lurking a bit and like this site a lot. We have AF sites but they don't tend to have much in common with my personal interests, namely personal freedom as well as defending others freedom.

I started life as an 0352 USMC grunt (as grunt as you can get tooling around in a Humvee with a TOW system up top) and then moved on to the AF. It was a big change but I'm glad I made it.

In the AF I've helped make Spacecraft, explosives, and AF officers. Not a bad career so far. Looking forward to picking some SF minds on small arms issues if possible. :)

HE_OFFICER

Scimitar
05-01-2007, 21:56
30 ain't to out of the norm Shar.

I understand that’s just about average for most of the guys going internal entry.

Its just us 18X Direct Entry guys that are young. Have an 18 year old in my SFAS.

Great kid, pretty sure he'll make it thru, real mature, committed, prep'd and all that.

Officer have to have a degree and be a Captain before they can drop their packet so that’s 4 years + average 4 years so I'm guessing 26 is minimum age for an officer to drop his SF packet. Again not to far off 30, sounds pretty normal to me.

Mods, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Scimitar

Edited for spelling

LongWire
05-02-2007, 07:03
30 is fine, especially for a Captain.........I was 30 when I got to Group

LitleBird
05-02-2007, 10:36
Hello everyone, my first post here.

I've been here for quite some time, loorking, trying to learn as much as I can, and most importantly keeping my mouth shut.

Learned a lot from all of you guys and hoping to learn more in the future.

Stay safe and stay warm guys !

POZDRAWIAM from Poland

Homestead
05-02-2007, 17:38
Thanks for allowing me to join such a professional site. I am not SF. However, with 20/20 hindsight....I would have really liked to give it a shot. I became a cop when I was 19, and after 5 years of "Gee I wish I...." ...I joined the Marine Corps, and served in a Reserve rifle company for 7 yrs, and was just getting out, happy with the places I'd seen and schools I had been fortunate enough to got to. Then came 09/11.

I re-enlisted, got into Scout-Sniper PLT 2/25 and served from 12/01 until 09/03 and returned to work in Oct. 03.

I'm still a cop, starting my 19th year. I am currently a patrol SGT in a small South American city located in Western Connecticut. I also teach tactics/firearms to our officers.

If I learn half as much from the people on this site in the future, as I have in the past week as a "lurker", than I'll be a better man for it.

Semper Fi.
Mike A/K/A Homestead

cbkb98
05-03-2007, 02:58
Hi I'm Chris, and now that I have my head space and timing worked out I was hoping somebody could tell me a few things about my uncle in 10th grp. Currently serving in Afghanistan and getting close to wrapping things up finally. I'm a 11B30 doing retard missions right now and ready to come home. Got to play a little with some guys from 3rd grp and had a blast with them, literally. Thanks for letting me in.:lifter

Ret10Echo
05-03-2007, 04:17
I'm still a cop, starting my 19th year. I am currently a patrol SGT in a small South American city located in Western Connecticut. I also teach tactics/firearms to our officers.

Mike A/K/A Homestead

Now that's funny right there.....:D

Welcome

Team Sergeant
05-03-2007, 06:55
Welcome Gents!

cbkb98, missions might seem strange at times. Keep your chin up and stay focused!

Team Sergeant

Kyobanim
05-03-2007, 07:57
I'm a 11B30 doing retard missions right now

I would ask for an example but I wouldn't want you to violate RETARDSEC.

Welcome all

yeti
05-03-2007, 15:01
Just wanted to say thank you for giving me a chance to absorb the atmosphere on a forum inhabited by men who have earned the right to wear the t-shirt. So to all of you who have BTDT, thank you.

I doubt there is much I could contribute to your knowledge base, so mostly I'll just be lurking around, enjoying the company of men whom I admire greatly, Professional Soldiers.

Thank you again.

oh yeah....
If I do go and say something stupid, just remember its because I don't know no better!:D

Paste Eater
05-03-2007, 18:40
Hello,

I'm a 21 year old 4th year college student at The Ohio State University (my poor bucks can't get it done in the finals, I know), just lurking around these forums among others obtaining all of the usefull information I can to further a life long dream. My end goal is to be a soldier in the special operations community, hopefully in the near future :)

I'm an avid reader of almost anything regarding history or the military. In the past year I've consumed no less than 35 (I'm sure the count is well over 35, though I don't leep a list) books on Iraq, Afghanistan, Insurgency and other books with similiar subjects. I've already plowed through Warrior-Mentor's book (thank you, well written and great advice) I love the outdoors, having grown up in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains in Southern Ohio, and try to get down around home as much as possible to tear up the trails on foot or bike.

My Grandfather recently underwent a valve replacement in his heart last year (June 2006) and revealed some personal stuff he'd been keeping under wraps for the past 50 years or so, mostly his military time. My profile explains a little more, and I'm curious as to if anyone has something more specific to some of the questions I have about that time. (Sorry for my lack of information in this post, feel free to Private Message me for further details if you may be able to help, thank you in advance)

-ABS

LSHD
05-04-2007, 00:13
I found this site from a link from OPTactical. I really don't see where I will have much to contribute on this site, but will certainly gain a lot of knowledge.
I have a deep respect for the professionalism displaed by SF soldiers. I grew up around a couple retired SF guys who were buddies with my grandfather. They had a big impact on my life in a positive way.

Proxemo666
05-04-2007, 01:01
Hello fellas,

I'm a 24 yr. old recently graduated student w/ degrees in CRJ/ENG (not that any of that matters). I currently work for the IT dept for the govt. The fact is I've been steered to this site by a book that my ex-gf had mistakenly purchased at the book store. While I was waiting for my ex to pick up a book, SGT. Frank Antenori, author of "Roughneck Nine-One" was having a book signing and we exchanged greetings. The cash I had on me went towards my ex's book so I was unable to pick it up that day.

A couple days later, I had asked my ex to go to the store and pick up that book but instead she picked up "Get selected for special forces". After realizing that I now must dump her :D. I went ahead and read the book and now I must say I am extremely interested but I still had to dump the girl. I have been sparodically checking out this site as suggested by the book. After realizing that SF soldiers are not all 6-4, 240lbs, 4% body fat and human after all, I realized this is something I see myself doing till they make me retire. The questions I had were immediately answered by the "Get Selected" book as well as this forum.

I want to say thanks to the administrators and the community for having a forum that has a wealth of information regarding the SF community.

wannabe
05-04-2007, 11:28
Im a prior Marine who is switching services with intentions of becoming SF. I leave on 05-07 for Georgia. I made good use of my 24 hour no post rule and read as much info as i could. I really like this site and appreciate all the senior guys taking time to answer all the questions people ask. Im looking forward to learning how the army works and i know sometime in my future ill be changing my screen name. Thanks again for making such a good site.

Squidy
05-04-2007, 15:05
Hi,

My name is Dan. I'm currently in the Navy but going Blue to Green in Jan. 08.
Thank you for allowing me to scope out your site and learning a thing or two.

Also, if I may.....

I would be honored if I could find some Vet's that may have served with my father. He was with the 1st SFG 66-67, then with the 5th/MACV/B-43 A-432/B-51/B-52/Phoenix in 67-68 and then in 70-72 time frame. If I'm not allowed or have asked this in the wrong post, I apologize.

The Reaper
05-04-2007, 15:48
Hi,

My name is Dan. I'm currently in the Navy but going Blue to Green in Jan. 08.
Thank you for allowing me to scope out your site and learning a thing or two.

Also, if I may.....

I would be honored if I could find some Vet's that may have served with my father. He was with the 1st SFG 66-67, then with the 5th/MACV/B-43 A-432/B-51/B-52/Phoenix in 67-68 and then in 70-72 time frame. If I'm not allowed or have asked this in the wrong post, I apologize.

Please read the stickies and intros before posting again.

We have already addressed the issue of looking people up on the internet, it is part of the mandatory reading before posting.

This is not myspace or a lonely hearts club, and there is no way to know who you are, or for you to know who you are asking.

Enjoy your stay, welcome.

TR

Squidy
05-04-2007, 16:10
I appologize Reaper, wont happen again.

Distorted
05-04-2007, 19:05
Greetings!

I am a 3rd year psych major at a Maryland college, and am investigating my options with respect to the military, SF, and SOF in general. I have always been very patriotic, and I firmly believe in military service. I will be graduating next June at the age of 19, and if I succeed in bringing myself physically up to spec, will immediately join the military with the intent to become a QP.

I am planning to volunteer at my local hospital this summer, and hopefully become EMT-qualified at some point next year. I have also been studying Arabic using the Rosetta Stone software, and am hoping to acheive moderate fluency at some point before joining. I have read as much as I can about the field, and began thinking about attempting to become a QP after reading Dick Couch's recent book about the Q-Course, specifically the 18As. Before that, I had been looking primarily at USAF special tactics, specifically the CCTs. I may be misinformed about one or both of those careerfields, so I am seeking more information here and in other places. In high school, I thought seriously about becoming a SEAL, but once I hit a height of 6'6", I decided that I would have to find something to do in one of the other three branches.

As far as my personality goes, I have a good deal of self-confidence, I read constantly, I make friends easily (I identified strongly with the QP who walked across a road to introduce himself to Mr. Couch at the beginning of that book), I learn quickly and do my best to avoid making the same mistakes twice, I have no issue with being a leader and will take initiative when required to do so, I have no problems with authority--when someone else is better suited to lead I follow, I speak my mind when I am qualified to to so, and shut up and listen when required; when I set out to do something, I will push until unable to continue--most of my failures are failures of ability, not effort. I of course expect that the above is to be taken with a grain of salt--it is very difficult for people to offer honest self-assessments, and I would expect that I am no different. I ordered a copy of Get Selected, and am PT-ing as hard as is reasonable to do so, but it is not easy going, as in September I was exceptionally out of shape, and though I have improved very significantly, I am nowhere near where I want to be. I am focused primarily on making sure that I am physically and mentally up to spec at present.

I had lurked for quite a while before registering, and registered primarily to talk to QPs to make certain that I'm thinking in the right direction. I am usually very shy when it comes to the internet and prefer reading to posting, so outside of a few PMs, don't expect to hear much from me!

Edit for clarity: I am aware of the very significant difference between the 18X enlisted path and the path to SFAS followed by college graduates hoping to become 18As. I am interested in the latter much more than the former. I am also seriously considering enlisting in the Air Force to become a CCT, but am not considering going the air force officer route. I am here as a part of an effort to learn as much as possible about SF and other SOFs in the hopes that I can correctly decide which direction I'm really interested in going. I suspect that I may not go the army officer route, as I will have just turned 20, and may catch some flak for that. Pardon me for being unclear.

Team Sergeant
05-04-2007, 19:11
Greetings!

I am a 3rd year psych major at a Maryland college, and am investigating my options with respect to the military, SF, and SOF in general. I have always been very patriotic, and I firmly believe in military service. I will be graduating next June at the age of 19, and if I succeed in bringing myself physically up to spec, will immediately join the military with the intent to become a QP.

I am planning to volunteer at my local hospital this summer, and hopefully become EMT-qualified at some point next year. I have also been studying Arabic using the Rosetta Stone software, and am hoping to acheive moderate fluency at some point before joining. I have read as much as I can about the field, and began thinking about attempting to become a QP after reading Dick Couch's recent book about the Q-Course, specifically the 18As. Before that, I had been looking primarily at USAF special tactics, specifically the CCTs. I may be misinformed about one or both of those careerfields, so I am seeking more information here and in other places. In high school, I thought seriously about becoming a SEAL, but once I hit a height of 6'6", I decided that I would have to find something to do in one of the other three branches.

As far as my personality goes, I have a good deal of self-confidence, I read constantly, I make friends easily (I identified strongly with the QP who walked across a road to introduce himself to Mr. Couch at the beginning of that book), I learn quickly and do my best to avoid making the same mistakes twice, I have no issue with being a leader and will take initiative when required to do so, I have no problems with authority--when someone else is better suited to lead I follow, I speak my mind when I am qualified to to so, and shut up and listen when required; when I set out to do something, I will push until unable to continue--most of my failures are failures of ability, not effort. I of course expect that the above is to be taken with a grain of salt--it is very difficult for people to offer honest self-assessments, and I would expect that I am no different. I ordered a copy of Get Selected, and am PT-ing as hard as is reasonable to do so, but it is not easy going, as in September I was exceptionally out of shape, and though I have improved very significantly, I am nowhere near where I want to be. I am focused primarily on making sure that I am physically and mentally up to spec at present.

I had lurked for quite a while before registering, and registered primarily to talk to QPs to make certain that I'm thinking in the right direction. I am usually very shy when it comes to the internet and prefer reading to posting, so outside of a few PMs, don't expect to hear much from me!

Welcome aboard,

Could you possibly tell us a little more about yourself?:rolleyes: ;)

Team Sergeant

Team Sergeant
05-04-2007, 19:13
I appologize Reaper, wont happen again.

Don't worry about it, my guess is that "The Reaper" probably didn't kill anything today and he's a little grouchy.

Welcome aboard.

Team Sergeant

The Reaper
05-04-2007, 20:32
Greetings!

Welcome. Thanks for the detailed intro.

If you had read the stickies and Dick's book, you would know that you do not enlist to become an 18A.

You need to decide if you want to be an officer or an enlisted man. There is plenty of seaching and reading to do here to help you make your decision.

Good luck.

TR

Tegboarder
05-04-2007, 22:52
Good Evening Gentlemen,

In 2004 I decided to join AFROTC in my second year at CU Boulder. While it was something I enjoyed, one day when it was time to “leave the nest” I jumped out, realized I couldn’t fly, and when I hit the ground I threw on combat boots and marched myself over to the green side of the ROTC offices. From 2005-2006 I learned everything I could about being an officer but in 2006 it started to become clear that the classroom was not what I was best at and a life as an Infantry Officer seemed like only a dream. I made the decision to leave ROTC and enlist. Word traveled fast in the small battalion and on the advice of Captain ***, Captain *****, and SGT ********** I began to look into the 19th Group as a place I could live out my life.

In April 2006 I contracted with the ARNG as an 18x and promptly left for BCT in May 2006. I returned in Aug 2006 and am scheduled to ship for AIT, Airborne, and the pipeline on 24JUL07. Currently I am working on some college credits and planning on completing my BA in political science after returning from training.

P.S. If I ever complain about not being able to get my ACUs clean from the field, blame it on the Air Force.

Even with an edit, it's pretty easy to understand why Tegboarder was ill-suited for the academic life. Good luck with the 18x route; you're going to need it if you don't improve your communications skills and ATD. Peregrino

Edit: I think I picked up those pieces I left last time.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
05-05-2007, 04:59
Good Evening Gentlemen,

In 2004 Tegboarder decided.

Tell Tegboarder welcome aboard. If this is Tegboarder, then his alter ego can welcome him aboard and suggest to him that he shift from the 3rd to the first person when he posts as this is not the twilight zone.

Team Sergeant
05-05-2007, 07:57
Good Evening Gentlemen,

In 2004 Tegboarder decided to join AFROTC in his second year at CU Boulder. While it was something he enjoyed one day when it was time to “leave the nest” he jumped out, realized he couldn’t fly, and when he hit the ground he threw on combat boots and marched himself over the green side of the ROTC offices. From 2005-2006 Tegboarder learned everything he could about being an officer but in 2006 it started to become clear that the classroom was not what he was best at and a life as an Infantry Officer seemed like only a dream. Tegboarder made his decision to leave ROTC and enlist. Word traveled fast in the small battalion and on the advice of Captain ***, Captain *****, and SGT ********** Tegboarder began to look into the 19th Group as a place he could live out his life.

In April 2006 Tegboarder contracted with the ARNG as an 18x and promptly left for BCT in May 2006. He returned in Aug 2006 and is scheduled to ship for AIT, Airborne, and the pipeline 24JUL07. Currently he is working on some college credits and planning on completing his BA in political science after returning from training.

P.S. If he ever complains about not being able to get his ACUs clean from the field, blame it on the Air Force.

In May 2007 the Team Sergeant and Tegboarder meet in the virtual world of the internet!

Team Sergeant, after reading the kind words of advice Col Jack Moroney offered to Tegboarder, offers his own advice;

Tegboarder ,

Get your head out of your ass!

Post again in this manner and I’ll ensure that your attempt through the pipeline 24JUL07 is "memorable".

Team Sergeant

Tegboarder
05-05-2007, 09:13
I apologize about that Team Sergeant. I’ll check the creativity now.

Eight Changes
05-05-2007, 10:02
Hello members of the SF community.

My name is David, and I am currently undergoing the enlistment process.

I am now 30 years old, living just north of Atlanta and working as a photographer. I also teach some martial arts on the side.

My processing at MEPS was yesterday, and so far everything is a go, except for one detail. My birthday was less than 2 months ago, but I have passed the age cutoff for an 18x enlistment option, which is my primary goal. They have sent up for an age exception but it did not come back either way before the control desk shut down.

If it comes back yes, I will definitely take it. Otherwise I am going to hold out for either 13f or 11b with an OPT40.

I have introduced myself at the Ranger forum and was directed to this one by a member there.

To all the members of this board, thank you for this valuable resource, and to all the member of the SF community, thank you for your service.

Team Sergeant
05-05-2007, 10:26
I apologize about that Team Sergeant. I’ll check the creativity now.

Apologies are not necessary. A simple "roger out" will suffice.

TS

LongWire
05-05-2007, 20:25
Eight Changes.............That would have been me, Glad to see you made it over.

Welcome. I hope that exception comes in for you.

bjones18x
05-06-2007, 14:38
Hello all, my name is Barry, and I am 26 years old. I am currently awaiting a medical waiver for entry into the Army, and have decided I would like to go 18x. I guess that your motto says it all. "To Free the Oppressed". I believe that this is a worthy cause, and one that only a special few are actually capable of doing. I don't pretend to assume that I will complete the Pipeline, but if I do, I believe that I will be a valuable member of the Special Forces community. I look forward to the challenges, and thank you all for the service that you do with this website. It has been a learning process thus-far, and I look forward to learning more in the future.

Barry

Snakeskin
05-06-2007, 17:51
I'm pushin 60 real hard. I served in Vietnam with B Co. 2 nd Battalion Airborne, 8th Cav/ 1st Cav Div in 1965 to 1966. (Some folks don't know that the 1st Brigade of the Cav was on jump status when the Cav went to Vietnam until Sept. 1966. My cherry jump was in Pleiku province Dec 65. I also served with B Co. 2/504 82nd Abn Div and later HHB 82nd Abn F/A. I used to think I had 133 parachute jumps, my VA medical records indicate 166 so its over 100.

I presently am a Tem Leader(Superviosry Readjustment Counseling Therapist) for 1 of 207 Vet Centers that are located nationwide, under the umbrella of the Department of Veterans Affairs. Our focus is readjustment issues and PTSD treatment after combat.

Those of us working in the Vet Center program(Readjustment Counseling Service) are real proud of the work we are doing. Rougly 60% of the teams are veterans, lot of us are "Vietnam Combat" vets, and we don't want to see these veterans go through the BS that we had to endure. For me, at this time in my life, this is the icing on the cake, to be able to help in any way I can the returning veteran from OIF/OEF.

Proud to be here!

kgoerz
05-06-2007, 18:43
I'm pushin 60 real hard. I served in Vietnam with B Co. 2 nd Battalion Airborne, 8th Cav/ 1st Cav Div in 1965 to 1966. (Some folks don't know that the 1st Brigade of the Cav was on jump status when the Cav went to Vietnam until Sept. 1966. My cherry jump was in Pleiku province Dec 65. I also served with B Co. 2/504 82nd Abn Div and later HHB 82nd Abn F/A. I used to think I had 133 parachute jumps, my VA medical records indicate 166 so its over 100.

I presently am a Tem Leader(Superviosry Readjustment Counseling Therapist) for 1 of 207 Vet Centers that are located nationwide, under the umbrella of the Department of Veterans Affairs. Our focus is readjustment issues and PTSD treatment after combat.

Those of us working in the Vet Center program(Readjustment Counseling Service) are real proud of the work we are doing. Rougly 60% of the teams are veterans, lot of us are "Vietnam Combat" vets, and we don't want to see these veterans go through the BS that we had to endure. For me, at this time in my life, this is the icing on the cake, to be able to help in any way I can the returning veteran from OIF/OEF.

Proud to be here!

Welcome to the Board Sir. It's an Honor to have another Vietnam War Veteran for PS.com, you will find several other Veterans here as well.
Even better. For me at least, being the first to welcome you.....

mdb23
05-06-2007, 20:39
If any of you frequent SOCNET, I'm the same mdb23 from over there...... dashingly handsome police officer, nothing more, nothing less.

Seems to be quite a few SOCNET posters over here as well, so I thought that I would drop by and do some reading. This will most probably be my only post.

Take care,
M

The Reaper
05-06-2007, 20:55
Welcome.

Don't forget to fill out your profile.

TR

mdb23
05-06-2007, 21:11
Done. So much for the "this will be my only post" part of the intro.

Back to reading mode.

CPTAUSRET
05-06-2007, 23:32
If any of you frequent SOCNET, I'm the same mdb23 from over there...... dashingly handsome police officer, nothing more, nothing less.

Seems to be quite a few SOCNET posters over here as well, so I thought that I would drop by and do some reading. This will most probably be my only post.

Take care,
M

Welcome aboard, Mike!

combatdivesup
05-07-2007, 19:13
Fellow Professionals,

I am mffjm8509's counterpart at Branch (see profile). Prior to this pugatory, I had the honor to serve on ODA 535 from July 99 until May 05...and by God and all that is holy, I am returning to Operations next summer (minus my sanity).

v/r
Stu

Jack Moroney (RIP)
05-07-2007, 19:33
Welcome aboard all!

Parentrooper
05-07-2007, 22:54
I served 7 years at Bragg, where I made a jump while 3 months pregnant with my son.

Years later, I'd joke with him that someday he'd be airborne, and he'd already have one jump under his belt. He'd joke back that he could remember I'd made a bad landing.

My husband and I left the service and raised that boy in the hills of Northeast Tennessee. He then left home at age 17 with an 18X contract that returned him to Fort Bragg, where he recently completed the pipeline just a couple months past his 20th birthday.

I remember when he first told his father and me what he wanted to do, we said, "You can't go from high school to SF...no way." But he showed us the 18X program, convinced us to sign the parental permission form, and pointed us to this forum to learn as he trained.

He's grown in strength, knowledge, perception and raunchy quick wit over his 2-1/2 years in the pipeline. I see him now and it all makes sense where he's been headed. I think maybe he was destined to be yours from the start.

I credit us for raising a kid with the right stuff, the pipeline instructors for teaching and pushing, and the young man who first had to believe, then work his fourth point of contact off.

And thanks for the forum. You have all helped my husband and me understand more about our son's journey, which is really just beginning.

Peregrino
05-08-2007, 06:33
Parentrooper - Welcome back. One post each on either end of your son's pipeline journey? Don't be bashfull; otherwise, you'll be inviting us to his retirement next. Peregrino

Seagis
05-08-2007, 21:57
First off, thanks for having me as a member of the site. I'm honored to be among you gentlemen (and ladies - I know there are a few of you out there.) :)

My name is Chris, and I'm currently in the process of re-signing up for the VA ARNG. Ya see, I was at Fort Pickett, VA, ready to ship to Ft. Jackson the next day for Basic when I injured my knee and was sent home. A few visits to the doctor later, I'm trying to get back to where I was so that I can continue on to Fort Jackson. Life is exciting.

CRad
05-09-2007, 08:21
Welcome aboard,

Could you possibly tell us a little more about yourself?:rolleyes: ;)

Team Sergeant

Psych Major and his hour was up. Seriously though I like this feature on PS.COM and appreciate folks using it.

shoe_leather
05-09-2007, 13:36
I have been reading this site for a few weeks and decided to stay. Like many others here, I am researching the 18x route.

My background? I am 27, a college graduate with a degree in anthropology, focusing on cultures and biology and a second degree in communications. I have always been quietly interested in SF, the prospect of helping other people truly help themselves is my main attraction. Followed closely by the desire to surround myself with the best of the best knowing that as a team we are directly responsible for our actions.

I have already learned a lot and love the tight knit group that the members have here. While I have little to contribute, know that I would if I could.

In my spare time I devour books on any subject I can, enjoy training for triathlons and practicing MMA (muay thai and BJJ). Besides that I like long walks on the beach, holding hands, and candlelight dinners.

Stay safe and strong,

Phil

Jack Moroney (RIP)
05-09-2007, 14:06
Besides that I like long walks on the beach, holding hands, and candlelight dinners.

Welcome aboard Phil, but are you sure you are in the right place. We prefer quick beach reconnaissance, unencumbered hands and light candles for fuze delays to interrupt dinners:D

Justaguy
05-09-2007, 14:13
Hello Gentlemen,

I am an active duty soldier. I will be reporting to the SFQC in July 2007, and will be using this board to study and grow prior to beginning training.

I will use the search button frequently, keep my mouth closed and ears open, and try to stay out of the mix.

Thank you for allowing me to observe and learn.

Team Sergeant
05-09-2007, 14:58
Hello Gentlemen,

I am an active duty soldier. I will be reporting to the SFQC in July 2007, and will be using this board to study and grow prior to beginning training.

I will use the search button frequently, keep my mouth closed and ears open, and try to stay out of the mix.

Thank you for allowing me to observe and learn.

(Now this is how an SF Candidate posts an introduction!)

Welcome aboard Justaguy.

It's apparent your SA is on....;)

Team Sergeant

kgoerz
05-09-2007, 16:10
(Now this is how an SF Candidate posts an introduction!)

Welcome aboard Justaguy.

It's apparent your SA is on....;)

Team Sergeant

The Name "Justaguy" says it all, Classic.
Every former SWC Instructor has people approach them asking "you were my instructor, remember me? When I tell them sorry I don't remember you. I always follow with, it's a good thing I don't. We never remember the students who were squared away. Just the ones who were told to pack their s@#t.

I use to fire back at Team Mates with "I bet you are pretty well known in SWC" Most reply that they never did a SWC Tour, "my point exactly"

PIFACE
05-09-2007, 18:52
Hello everyone,

My name is Nick, I am 15 years old and currently a sophmore in high school. For a long time now, I have been interested in joining the Special Forces. I have had many questions, and by consistenly reading the forum here, most of them have been answered. It is an honor to be registered here, and I will look forward to meeting you all :o .

J_Van_B
05-10-2007, 01:54
Hello all, I've been AD for 10 yrs and am a 25S (SATCOM). I did 2 yrs TACSAT in GE, 3.5 years Strategic Satellite Comm. at Fort Meade, and 3.5 years Satellite Control in Okinawa, JP.

I'm getting out soon and plan on going into the NG and signing up with the 20th Group. I've done a lot of reading and research and this site has been a big help. Thanks to the guys that devote their free time to providing info and advice to hopefuls.

Obevokenobi
05-10-2007, 10:32
Thanks to all of you who serve and to all of you who run this board. I am not SF, or even military. However, I have a loved one who is and this board helps me appreciate a little more what they do. I have been reading various posts for quite some time and have found it very helpful. After months of observing I feel compelled to register as a member.

Don't really have any questions that have not been answered by the search feature. If I can't find the answer/topic, I view it as a challenge to refine my search. I can tell the community is one of people who admire those who are self motivated and do not appreciate those who take the easy way out. I respect that and hope to displlay that character while a guest in this community.

I am a prosecuting attorney in the civilian world. I enjoy the opportunity God has given me to enforce law and order and hold people accountable on a local level, and appreciate the efforts our armed forces put forth to do that on a global level.

This may likely be my longest post as I think I can learn more from everyone here by reading rather than spouting off. Thanks again!

trailrunner
05-10-2007, 13:03
Hi Folks,

I wanted to stop in here, introduce myself and say hello.

I have enjoyed learning about all the good things offered here, as well as gaining a better understanding and appreciation of what a Quiet Professional is.

I hope to continue to learn and grow from the rich information and noteworthy opinions offered here, and more importantly, help make it a little better if I can through my support or comments.

Thank you for your contributions, time and service.

Slainte,

Martin

smcc360
05-10-2007, 16:27
Hello, gents.

I'm a cop in New York. I enjoy reading the perspective of military personnel, which is similar to the views of law enforcement officers (for the most part), but different enough to be interesting.

I plan to do more reading than posting. In fact, this may well be my only post.

Be well, and thanks for what you do.

Team Sergeant
05-10-2007, 17:04
Welcome aboard Gent's.

Team Sergeant

kgoerz
05-10-2007, 19:40
Smcc360 where from in NY? Long Islander here.

mike-munich
05-11-2007, 01:48
smcc360: welcome from a cop in Munich ! Stay safe.

kgoerz, my uncle lives in New Hyde Park, L.I.

smcc360
05-11-2007, 16:42
Smcc360 where from in NY? Long Islander here.

My office is in Manhattan, but I live upstate in Putnam County.

smcc360: welcome from a cop in Munich ! Stay safe.

Thanks, brother; same to you.

POO
05-11-2007, 20:04
When I first came here last July I was new, very green and I got slammed several times. However, after being on the Training Team at 2/19th for only eight months I have learned to be as grey as possible (thank you Geraldo). Sandytroop put it best

"I am here to contribute to the success of the Team. I am not here to jerk your chain about my SOCOM hair, or some off the wall uniform I want to wear. I am not here to be Special, I am here to help make the team Special. That means I am here to follow as they lead. That does not mean I am here to be a puppet and just do every dumb thing that comes down the pipe. And I am happy to get out front and lead as the situation presents itself. But the first thing is to follow existing procedures and contribute. Once I know everything I can about the unit, I may choose to offer direction where it hasn't been solicited. But first off, Follow the leaders and be a contributor to the success of your Team."

Solksjaer
05-11-2007, 22:33
Just a SF hopefull like most of the others. Going to be starting first year at a Military College in September. Not going to enter the Army as officer, just plan for the college education as something to fall back on. Been running, rucking, lifting weights for a while now to prepare for SFAS in the fututre, gradually building myself up.

MIsfit
05-12-2007, 08:56
Greetings!

Let me please introduce myself. As that was the first mission that I received when I decided to become part of this BB.

I am SSG in the USAR. I have been in the Army for 12 years; mostly on active duty. Recently, I spent about 4 months working with an ODA in Afghanistan. That time inspired me to go to selection. I have begun my preparations and hope to be able to make it to selection by early next spring.

There is a wealth of information on this site. In fact, I have discovered many articles and much information that has already been a great help and encouragement to me.

I will continue to read and listen to the plethora of knowledge from you all.

I would appreciate any help and guidance along the way.

Bill Harsey
05-12-2007, 09:57
Welcome aboard all.

Even the prosecuting attorney.

Team Sergeant
05-12-2007, 14:27
Welcome aboard Gent's.

Team Sergeant

RangerRudy
05-12-2007, 22:27
Hello, Professional Soldiers. My name is Mark and I followed a thread from SOCNET to this site. Great bunch of guys over there, so I expected as much at this site.

I served my entire active duty time (1988-1995) between 3/75 Rgr Bn, 4th RTBn, and 6th RTBn. Other than a few jumps and training exercises, my true SF time didn't start until I joined the 1/20th SFG for a short time in '99. Currently, I'm in the Army Reserves with the 2nd BCD at Hurlburt Field, FL and preparing for my second tour in the desert.

Glad to be here and look forward to some good reading.

The Reaper
05-12-2007, 22:31
Welcome all.

Don't forget to fill in your profiles.

TR

Gunner
05-13-2007, 09:29
My name is Chris. I currently serve active duty as an 11B. I've served one tour in Afghanistan ( 10 months) and I have one tour on the horizion. Ive been in for almost three years and I just signed on for five more. I purchased "Get Selected" and I loved everything about that book. My section sgt. just got back from selection and he said it was the best experience he ever had. I want to train up and get that same experience.

I worked with some SF guys in stan( company, battalion missions) Awsome experience.

Matta mile
05-13-2007, 16:24
Nice to have you guys aboard!
MM

timesalmostup
05-13-2007, 16:59
I'm a 13R from Southern Indiana(INARNG), Ive done a year in Iraq, near Bayji. Ive completed Air Assault two years ago school and will soon be attending WLC, I am an E4. Next weekend I will be attending 20th group tryouts in Chicago. I am also a Junior at Indiana University Southeast, majoring in Criminal Justice. I hate my MOS, was very impressed by the ODA that worked in my area in Iraq and want nothing more than to get a shot at selection. Thanks for your insights and for sharing your knowledge. Any more questions just ask. -C

tink's shadow
05-14-2007, 23:30
Hi,my name is Kimber. I found this site while searching for some of my boyfriend's friends from when he was in the army. I haven't found any of them yet, but i like your site and thought i'd hang around awhile.

5POINT56
05-15-2007, 08:15
Just wanted to say hello to everyone here.

I sort of stumbled on to this web page and after some time, very reluctantly signed up. Though I have the ability to formally sign up with "Professional Soldiers", it took some time before actually doing so. I am not currently nor previously a member of the Armed Forces. ...and as such, felt initially that I really had no place being a member among those who I've read about here.

I did decide to sign up simply due to the unique membership of Professional Soldiers and the collective experience the membership here clearly has. Though my membership will largely be that of an observer, I certainly appreciate having a forum such as this to learn more about some of the men who I've come to hold in the highest regard.

I wont have much to offer, if anything here. As such, I wont be wasting space on this web page or anyones time with any sort of filler nonsense of any kind. I felt it to be more respectful to the membership if I stepped forward, formally announced myself here and then stepped back to quietly learn further about some of the most accomplished men America has ever produced.

Really what should resound the most loudly of anything I say in this intro is the most sincere "thank you" I can possibly convey to the Quiet Professionals who make up the membership here. Thank you for your service and thank you for allowing me to quietly learn more about the Special Forces. Though I am anything but among your ranks, that certainly doesn't change the fact that to me, you are very inspiring in the sacrifices you and your brothers have made....and very, VERY seldom does sacrifice, professionalism and accomplishment spike as highly as it does among your ranks. I am truly humbled from what I know of you.

It's an honor to be here.

I know this is your board. I will remember my place. I'll read the stickies, I'll follow the rules. Period. My greatest transgression may be a few questions, but I've got a lot of reading here to do before that happens.

Again, thank you for allowing me in to this forum. If the membership here feels that my presence is not what is desired, due to my lack of military service or for any other reason, I will happily step away and never return, though Admin could simply lock my account, that wouldn't be necessary....trust me.

Thanks again!

Todd Campbell
Boynton Beach, FL.

NaRx
05-15-2007, 20:26
My name is William, I'm a resident of Florida and an aspiring medic. I found this site through goarmy.com's forum and wanted to introduce myself before I posted anything. I don't really know what to say, so I only hope that my silence does not convey ignorance.

Thanks for the opportunity to learn.

-Will

The Reaper
05-15-2007, 20:38
Silence indicates nothing of the sort. At 17, you probably will not have a lot of expertise on the topics here.

Best of luck.

"It is better to keep ones mouth shut, and appear stupid than to open it, and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain

TR

Ferryboat
05-16-2007, 18:05
Hello,

I'm Colleen. My main interest in this site is to get as much info as I can about SF. My other half is currently in SF training and I'm not always able to get answers from him about what's going on so a lot of the time I have to figure it out on my own. I'm hoping that any questions I have can be answered by people who really know what they're talking about and I was told that this was a good place for that. I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

spartanfed182
05-16-2007, 20:40
Greetings all, I have been registered here for a while and have never introduced my self. My name is Chris and I am waiting to leave for "basic". I have an 18X contract. I recently bought the book, "get selcted...", and "the bulletproof mind" by LTC Dave Grossman. I am suppose to leave on july 10th for Fort Benning. My current issue is staying motivated, short term.

carter
05-16-2007, 22:15
Hello,

First off, I am grateful for the opportunity to be here and the wealth of knowledge at this site.

I recently enlisted in the Virginia Army National Guard, and will be attending Basic and AIT beginning in July. I just wrapped up my junior year at Virginia Commonwealth University where my major is Political Science and minor is Homeland Security.

I grew up in the "heart of the billion dollar coal industry", otherwise known as southern West Virginia, which I do believe earns me the title of hillbilly for which I am proud.

After finishing my degree, sometime in 2008, my sights are set on making it to SFAS by route of either the 19th or 20th Group. I am looking forward to the challenge, the opportunity, and the privilege of serving with some of America's greatest warriors, if I qualify.

I will be using this site to research, prepare, and grow in the mean time.

I cannot fully express my gratitude, but thank you all very much.

mwentwrth
05-16-2007, 22:16
Just wanted to thank everyone of you that has joined the U.S. military to help make a better life for all of us. I am a Electronic Engineering Technician student at SCC and was told about this site from a relative who will be anonymous that is in the SF, in iraq right now. I am interested in learning about different weaponry and the present news in todays fight against terrorism. once again thank you soldiers you are making the difference.

The Reaper
05-16-2007, 22:20
Welcome all.

Please take a few moments to fill in your profile, if you have not done so already.

TR

Fujin
05-17-2007, 03:03
First and foremost, this board is an invaluable asset for anybody interested in SF, and to get a jump start their on greater goals in the army.

My name is Leonard and I'm a 96B PFC serving in Iraq. I grew up in Japan since I was 5 and speak fluent Japanese. I attended a university near Tokyo working towards a degree in International Relations w/ a concentration in Persian Studies. I paid my own way through until I couldn't afford it anymore and then joined the Army.

The Army is my life and the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. I've always dreamed about and been fascinated SOF. Along the sidelines wondering what it's like to be SF, I'd make my own reasons not to pursue that way of life. The truth is, I'm my own LIMIT. The gloves are off. We're at war and the country needs motivated juggernaughts to complete the mission. If I fail it's because of myself, and myself alone. I've put in for SFAS recently and have been training here in Iraq. One way or another I will succeed and earn the right to be one of the best. There's no other way. My 25m target lies right infront of me....SFAS. I'll knock that target down, and the next, and then next, and every one after that. No matter how many times it takes.

Thank You, to all Quiet Professionals for giving us this resource to fuel our goals.

GravityMaster
05-18-2007, 12:59
Greetings,

Bonafides: 17+ yrs in SF. ('77-'81 in IMA, 1st as STD then Instructor for both "Q" & "O" courses. Re-uped to A/3/7 thru '83. 2 yrs at Readiness Grp Ft. Douglas as 11C - WAY too much time working w/ ACR and not enough with 19th. Rtn to 1/7 and got stuck as Ops Sgt to Spt Bn for a yr. Finially got to A-734 Dec '86. Left for El Sal after "Just Them" (B & C/1/7 stayed back to pull Spt). Assigned to A-344 Jul '91. Moved to B-Tm Ops Sgt Mar 93, Retired Jan '95)

If you want more, ask.
GM

Jack Moroney (RIP)
05-18-2007, 13:56
Welcome aboard folks. Some of you need to follow instructions and fill out your profiles.

mustang
05-19-2007, 17:49
05B commo sgt. SFOD(A) 1OthSFG, XO SFOD(A) Gabriel Demo Team, CO SFOD(A), C Det.S-3, 6thSFG, CAO SFOD(A) 5thSFG RVN, Ops Off B/228 1stCavDiv RVN, S-4 3/325 82ndAbnDiv, ACC 115thACS(TAC) AL ANG. Retired.

dcw
05-19-2007, 17:49
I am currently a SWAT sniper team leader, sniper instructor, and narcotics detective on a federal task force. Before becoming a cop, I spent 8 years on active duty in the USMC. I was a Recon Marine and a school trained sniper. I was "fortunate" to have served as a sniper in Somalia, which was a real treat. I look forward to sharing information with all of the members of this board, and I'm sure I'll learn a lot.

dcw

Marster
05-19-2007, 19:01
Hi there. I'm Jason. I'm 17 years old, and am interested in joining the Special Forces.

I came here looking for information, found it, and decided to register in order to take part.

So far, this site has been extremely informative, and the Quiet Professional guys seem to be pretty awesome people.

Sapper52
05-20-2007, 12:16
Hi everyone! I'm a prior service 12B (21B now, I guess) and I'm thinkin bout re-enlisting. I'm thinking about re-enlisting either 21B or 18x, so I decided to check out this site and search around. Thanks to everyone for serving and I'd appreciate any advice you can give me!

3SoldierDad
05-20-2007, 19:37
Hello Professional Soldiers...

My name is Chuck. I'm 47 married 25 years, a father of five - four sons. I'm an entrepreneur and have been running my own businesses since I was a starving graduate student 25 years ago. Since the mid 90s I've been involved primarily in software firms.

Three of my sons are soldiers - My youngest soldier 19 is an E-4 68w combat medic in the 603rd MP unit from Belton Missouri. Mike was just deployed to Iraq TODAY - He should arrive in theater from Kuwait in late July / early August - Mike hopes to go Airborne and get a shot at SF selection after his tour. My second soldier, Jon, is an 18 X-ray and was selected for Special Forces training 30 days ago and will begin CLT this Wednesday. He will train to be an 18E Commo-man and was assigned Arabic. My third soldier, Ben, is a 24 year-old active-reserve quartermaster-logistics man for a helo aviation unit in Garner Kansas dealing with Chinooks.

When I was 18 Jimmy Carter had just become President. You ever watch That Seventies Show? I was the goofy one...Not in the military.

Terrific site, good folks...The information and tone are just right.

It is a privilege to be among you all.

Three Soldier Dad...Chuck

Jack Moroney (RIP)
05-20-2007, 19:42
Welcome aboard folks.

BlueSevenAlpha
05-21-2007, 13:52

veritas1
05-21-2007, 15:54
Quiet Professionals,

My name is Mike, and I am from Washington, D.C. I am Prior-Service Army and will be Re-Enlisting in the next week into the MDNG as an 11B into the LRSD here in MD. The nature of my visit on this site is to gather as much information as possible to square myself away for the future.

The Reaper
05-21-2007, 16:10
Welcome aboard all.

TR

Matta mile
05-21-2007, 18:19
Welcome aboard all!
Congrats on the Trifecta Chuck:)

willowfield63
05-21-2007, 21:50
Hi all, my name is Kim, Im a NZ Police Officer...currently a SOCO.
Great site..and have learnt plenty from perusing it. Great moral booster tips..

CF-Lifter
05-21-2007, 22:39
Name: Chris

I have joined the site in pursuit of information regarding life as a SOF soldier. I am very interested in CSOR and in JTF-2 and have enlisted in the CF with hopes of one day having the opportunity to attend selection for JTF-2.

I will contribute when I am able to do so, the majority of my stay will be spent reading.

Thank you,
Chris

Sdiver
05-21-2007, 23:25
I have joined the site in pursuit of information regarding life as an operator.

Here's someone, that can answer this question.....

"A gracious hello. How may I, in all humble servitude, be of assistance? *snort*" :D

the squid
05-22-2007, 06:40
Hello all.

I'm currently AD in the Navy with less than three months left, and I will be going back to college to pursue a degree and a commission through ROTC.

I just wanted to thank those involved for the opportunity to read and sometimes participate in a board run by true SOF guys and commend them for running such a shit hot forum.

What you modern day Spartans do is incredible and you all are no doubt a reason for the continued success of our nation.

Thanks.

Bill Harsey
05-22-2007, 08:21
Hi all, my name is Kim, Im a NZ Police Officer...currently a SOCO.
Great site..and have learnt plenty from perusing it. Great moral booster tips..
Welcome aboard Kim.

Everyone else too, Welcome.

Gstonz
05-22-2007, 08:53
Hello,

Thanks for the invitation to post in your site. My name is Geoff Stone and I live north of Boston, Massachusetts. I'm 44 years old and am married with two children. I joined the Army in 1982 and after the SFQC was assigned to 5th Group, as a heavy weapons sergeant and cross trained demo. I left Group (and the Army) in 1987 and attended college and law school. I have worked for the US government and have been practicing law for 12 years. Of all the great experiences in my life nothing will campare to my years in Group-

CejoPA
05-22-2007, 09:01
Good Morning,

Thank you for this excellent forum. I stumbled across it the other day while following a link from a (Dragonskin) thread over on SOCNET, and I was glad to find another well-run site like this.

As for myself, I'm about to ship off to Navy RTC. I've enlisted to serve as an AD Aerographer's Mate (meteorologist/oceanographer). I won't even get to read here very much while I'm away, of course, but I'm pretty sure I'll be back to lurk, eventually.

TheCommoDude
05-22-2007, 10:24
Hey everyone, I'm a 11B stationed in Vilseck Germany. I was planning on going to selection and started training up physically, then my unit came down on orders, so that kind of squashed my dream really quick, I still want to be a special forces soldier and hopefully I can accomplish that goal when we come back in 15 months.

The Reaper
05-22-2007, 10:38
Hey everyone, I'm a 11B stationed in Vilseck Germany. I was planning on going to selection and started training up physically, then my unit came down on orders, so that kind of squashed my dream really quick, I still want to be a special forces soldier and hopefully I can accomplish that goal when we come back in 15 months.

Don't give up on your dream.

Keep working on it as best you can while you are gone, and do it when you come back.

Take care, be safe, fight smart.

TR

txzen
05-22-2007, 11:37
Hello, I am a student from North Texas and I have studied eletrical engineering and now mostly study politcal science and history. I am very interested in science and technology and the world's current events.

boomny
05-22-2007, 13:18
Sirs:

I will be signing up for an 18x contract in the next few weeks if all goes according to plan. I have no prior military experience. My BA is in Accounting and Philosophy. Currently, I am a public accountant in Oregon.

You have answered most of the questions I would have asked and brought a few issues to my attention that I had not considered. Thank you for your time and wisdom.

With respect,

Boomny

Gerbermk2
05-22-2007, 14:31
I have been a member here for a while, but I have not posted anything, I have done a lot of looking around on the site and am pleased with the wealth of information found here.
I am not a Special Forces soldier, I did a tour in the Navy, traveled around a little bit, nothing really interesting happened, got to see an Iranian gunboat up close while in the gulf, that was the most excitement really I had. I am self employed now.
I have the utmost respect for those who wear the Green Beret, I find their work fascinating and 100% necessary in today’s world. Thank you to those here that wear the Green Beret, and also to all the soldiers here who have served and are continuing to serve.
I am an avid shooter and outdoorsman, I hike 15 miles twice a week with 50 pounds on my back and run 5-10 miles every other day:lifter . I shoot regularly, my favorite weapons to shoot are my IMI 9mm and my AR-15.
Sometimes at the range I get funny looks from people while I practice shooting drills. Nobody there usually does pushups in between magazines or lies on their back while shooting.
I am a patriot, thoroughly. I love my country, I haven’t forgot my oath, so don’t think I am some kind of a paramilitary wacko because I practice shooting drills.
I have a nice house in a good neighborhood and I have a great family. I read constantly but I don’t really refer to myself as a librarian.
In 2000 I went to Northern Bosnia and tripped around taking photos. I met some great people and formed some friendships there. I tried to get into Serbia but I wasn’t allowed.
I joined the site to chat with other likeminded individuals.

Equitas Nam Inculpatus

longjon
05-22-2007, 14:32
Gentlemen, I am a Reserve CA officer working as a military analyst at Fort Leavenworth. I've got RA service time as an Air Defender and Combat Engineer. I was in Iraq in '04 as the XO of a small team training an Iraqi Light Infantry Battalion. While there, I was lucky enough to receive some mentoring from the Team Daddy of a split ODA from 5th Group since we were training IF. Their professionalism, knowledge of arms and camraderie were simply stunning.

I am heading back over and will most likely take my CAT-A in support of an ODA. As such, I hope to learn as much as I can so that I can support their mission. In addition, I'm already in decent shape but have already ramped up my PT to get in the best shape I can. The last thing I want to be is a hinderance to them.

Thank you, in advance, for your insights.

rebel07
05-22-2007, 15:32
Hey, I'm a former Marine (keep laughs to a minimum please) and was in Iraq back in 2003. Now I am a graduate student in International Relations. I'm trying to get into the Army as an officer and go SF as soon as I can. If not, maybe enlisted, who knows. Found this site by chance and since then I have not been able to stop reading. Looking forward to learning as much as I can from the seasoned veterans. I am honored that the Quiet Professionals allow me to be a guest here. Thank you.

Chalmers
05-23-2007, 08:24
Sorry for making myself a dumbarse with my first post. I only read the welcome threat and not the rules. Pretty dumb.
My name is Michael. I served with German Air Force Infantry, studied medicine for about 2 years, aborted and rejoined the army as an OC.
I've been watching this forum for some time and I am highly interested in US military and especially SF. It is a great chance here to gain some first hand knowlegde about SF because in Germany SF or even combat veterans are rare.

JMM
05-23-2007, 13:10
I'm a medic who is interested in SF and am learning plenty from reading here.

x SF med
05-23-2007, 15:10
I'm a medic who is interested in SF and am learning plenty from reading here.

Could you be bit more vague in your intro and your profile? Any military experience?

JimH
05-23-2007, 21:33
Hello ,My name is Jim,found this site yesterday,Very Nice Site.
Former US Marine Security Forces Europe 1974-1977 (8152)
Former Member of B Co,1st Bn,11SF out of New York 1980-1990
(12B,18C)
Graduate Royal Marine Commando School,England
Graduate German Airborne school,Schongau,Altenstadt.
Currently retired Firfighter,teach Hapkido,also a personal Trainer.
Best Job being a Grandad and chasing a 3 year old around,lol.
Thank You to all who have served,those serving and those who will serve.
Be safe.

bronco fan
05-24-2007, 08:51
Hello all I am SGT Trenton Dugan. I recently learned of this site after joining C 2/19 training team. I completed SFAS July 04 while with D co 3RD US INF (TOG). I look forward to learning as much as I can from all of you and appreciate the support.

SF18C
05-24-2007, 09:44
Hello all I am SGT Trenton Dugan. I recently learned of this site after joining C 2/19 training team. I completed SFAS July 04 while with D co 3RD US INF (TOG). I look forward to learning as much as I can from all of you and appreciate the support.

Welcome!
I like that handle! Can I surmise that you are a Denver Bronco fan or possibly Boise State University?

Sigma1
05-24-2007, 16:09
Sirs
Discovered this site 2 days ago.
I am not SOF or served in the military.
12 years ago I was in the ROTC for 3 years during college and on the ROTC Ranger team but had to quit and return to home country due to Family emergency. Civil unrest at home and pregnant wife. had to pay the bills.
Could have, Should have ... But no regrets.
I have been in the security field for the past 7 years doing security consulting. Then 3 years ago decided to further improve my skills and went to a HR security course and got state certified as a Tactical Firearms Instructor last year.
I have been doing contract security work since.

Stay safe

Sigma 1

afchic
05-24-2007, 16:17
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to introduce myself, and learn from all of you.

As my username states I am an Air Force Chic. I am an active duty logistician who has had the opportunity to support SF in the past. I spent a year in Honduras providing logistics support to Counter Drug Ops in Central America. I also spent some time at Ft Bragg with the CSG, before they moved down to SOCOM J5. My misison during OEF/OIF was inter-theater airlift support to everyone in theater. I am currently stationed at USTRANSCOM.

I have always been interested in SF, although did not know much about them growing up. My uncle was a Ranger, but the only thing I know about his time in the service is what I read of his Platoon in the book "Charlie Mike", due to the fact that he is just a quiet man and doesn't talk about his time in Vietnam much. He is one of my biggest heros.

The Air Force in it's infinite wisdom, has decided to send me to school to learn about Political Military Affairs and Security Studies. I am hoping by reading your insights here I am able to balance what is taught in text books to that of what is happening in the real world.

Thank you all for your service to this great nation.

Team Sergeant
05-24-2007, 16:34
Welcome everyone!

Team Sergeant

bronco fan
05-24-2007, 17:05
Yes as the handle indicates I am a bronco fan born and raised in Grand Junction Colorado home of mike the headless chicken.

Methos
05-25-2007, 03:08
Hello all

I am soldier in the NJ National Guard, did my OSUT in FT.Benning, ga. waiting for a slot to attend Airborne school. I want to thank all the Quiet Professionals for allowing me to enter their AO, I will do everything possible to earn the privilege to be considered a fellow soldier. I joined this site to learn about soldiering from those who BTDT way longer than i have.
With your permission I will go back to lurking.

Out

Mr. Wizard
05-25-2007, 04:08
I enlisted in the NG at 17 to get an early start and while I was at AIT my home unit got deployed and after I got home I volunteered to catch up to them and after a short process and writing a few letters I got my orders. I did a 6 month train up at Camp Shelby and have been in country for just about 15 months now.

My platoon has performed everything from ECP, CMO, CRP, OSI, and CLP missions. I intend to switch to Active Duty after a short hiatus when I get home.

Skywatch
05-25-2007, 19:16
Staff and QP's:
My first post as instructed.

I am a 25 year old A1C, enlisted with the WA Air Guard as Army support Weather.

I've been in Tech school/Ancillary Training for the last 12 months, and lurking here about the same amount of time. Prior to enlistment in Nov '05, I was going to college for Electrical Engineering, and studying Foreign language and culture.

My reasons for joining this forum are to become as good at providing Army assets with Weather support as possible, and to continue to better myself by learning as much as I can.

I admire an emphasis on versitility, and a winners mindset, and have found PS.com a great place to learn from those who apply those qualities.

Thank you for allowing me to participate.

Edited for Clarification.

Farther
05-25-2007, 21:43
I found this site while looking for information on my nephews military service. He is currently with 5th SFG. This Memorial Day week-end I will take some time to think of my Father, Mel Ellis Sr. who past away in '84. He was a WWII combat veteran, Purple Heart and Bronze Star recipent. I will also think of my brother, Mel Ellis, Jr. a Viet Nam War combat veteran. And I will think of my niece (USAF) and nephew (US Army, 5th SFG) who are both career military.

Ambush Master
05-25-2007, 21:47
I found this site while looking for information on my nephews military service. He is currently with 5th SFG. This Memorial Day week-end I will take some time to think of my Father, Mel Ellis Sr. who past away in '84. He was a WWII combat veteran, Purple Heart and Bronze Star recipent. I will also think of my brother, Mel Ellis, Jr. a Viet Nam War combat veteran. And I will think of my niece (USAF) and nephew (US Army, 5th SFG) who are both career military.

Thank you, and Welcome to the Site.

Take care.
Martin

PoPo908
05-25-2007, 22:03
Per site rules, here is my first post.

Thanks for the privilege of joining the site. I have a great respect for our nation's armed forces, particularly those serving in harm's way.

I have ZERO military experience - if I had to do it all over again, I would have joined after high school.

I am currently a civilian flight paramedic/crew chief on a medical helicopter in East Tennessee. I am also a reserve LEO with my home county's Sheriff's Office - assigned as a medic with the S.O.R.T. (SWAT). I'm bonded and fully train in operations/tactics/weapons with the team, although my primary responsibility/function is serving as the team medic.

My last 24 years have been spent in some aspect of medicine - in the pre-hospital and/or the emergency department setting. I have a strong interest in tactical/austere medicine, which is my reason for joining the site. I hope to garner some information that I hope will benefit my team and the citizens of the county I live in.

I enjoy spending time with my family, golf, and high school football when not at work or training.

Again, thanks for the opportunity.

hoats
05-26-2007, 10:21
Just a quick introduction as over the years I have learned to do 90% lurking and 10% posting. I am currently working with recruiters from the AlaNG to enlist in the 20th as a medic.

Hoats

Smisson
05-26-2007, 22:03
My introduction will be very short. I've wanted a lifestyle of excitement, adventure, and physical fitness since I was young. I graduated high school yesterday and it is time to make that lifestyle mine.

mustang
05-26-2007, 22:37
I want to Thank all who are serving in our Armed Forces today and have a blessed Memorial Day. My prayers also are for those who are no longer with us and their families. May GOD bless you.

Roguish Lawyer
05-26-2007, 22:39
I want to Thank all who are serving in our Armed Forces today and have a blessed Memorial Day. My prayers also are for those who are no longer with us and their families. May GOD bless you.

Me too. And thank you for your service, Mustang.

mtnfrog
05-27-2007, 08:16
Ok gents, first post right here. A little about my background, I spent 24 years in the NSW/SEAL Teams. Retired E-9. I am now an equipment developer for you guys. Yes, i still have a govt ID, I'm not here to sell anything, just hopefully add to some of the conversations on equipment, learn from what your saying and hopefully get good product to you at the end of the day. Now, equipment is very personal, i may piss some of you off, others may actually get what I'm adding, so no matter what happens here let's have a beer at the end of the day and take the fight to the enemy.

Team Sergeant
05-27-2007, 08:33
Welcome All.

You too Master Chief!;)

Team Sergeant

DeafIndian
05-27-2007, 09:19
Happy Memorial Day and May the Lord bless all those who served in their duty to their nation, family, and God.

I wish to offer my thanks and gratitude to those on the forum for serving which I could not due to my disability.

I was born in Indian and immigrated to US legally (got a green card and all that) when I was 2 1/2. As my username implies, I was born deaf. But learned how to read lips and speak. Got a degree in CS from UF but couldn't find a job that I liked. So I decided to go to law school at FIU. I am in my last semester, hoping to become a criminal lawyer practicing law in the courtroom.

I found this forum through another forum, www.worldaffairsboard.com, by a currently serving US Army officer who is an instructor at West Point when I was looking at details of the DragonArmor dispute.

Bill Harsey
05-28-2007, 09:24
Welcome aboard everyone, especially those who have and are serving.

tf999
05-28-2007, 12:39
Hello,

My name is Tyler- I am 25 years old and resident of Georgia. I just wanted to introduce myself, as well as take this opportunity to wish everyone a happy and meaningful Memorial Day. My eternal gratitude go out to all those who have given so much that others may live in freedom.

Tyler

ajax
05-28-2007, 22:04
My name is AJ, I have been reading this board for a few weeks but I just signed up. I'm about to sign an 18x contract and I have used this site as my main source for research. Thanks alot guys. This site is great.

TheSaz
05-29-2007, 00:01
Currently in college. Theres one thing I want, and thats to become a quiet professional. Aided with the wealth of knowledge and expertise here I know I have a fighting chance. Thanks to all the BTDTs

0351nurse
05-29-2007, 23:36
This is my third post actually, I misunderstood the instructions.

I am a Marine grunt who got out last winter, going to school for nursing. I may want to become a physician's assistant though.
Ive been considering going back in as a medic or corpsman too.
Anyways, I guess I am FTFSI now though, but hopefully it will all work out for the best.

Tacticalinterve
05-30-2007, 07:31
Mike Miller here. I know a few who post here.

Been around awhile but dont want to bore you with details Retired LE and maker of slings. Rick B and JamesJarrett know me.

FERGCHSC
05-30-2007, 07:32
Greetings All,

I have been lurking for quite a while now and thought it was about time to introduce myself. I am 25 and enlisted as an 18x and I will be leaving in August for Fort Benning. Thank you all for such a great resource.

SF18C
05-30-2007, 07:47
Welcome FERGCHSC, Tacticalinterve, 0351nurse, Nypol, TheSaz, ajax, tf999and all other new PS.com'ers...read the stickys and enjoy.

ZUG_master
05-30-2007, 10:47
Training Bn in 84-85 followed by Sig Co 10th SFG @ Devens, DLI for Spanish followed by A/3/7 in Panama 86-89, back to B/2/10 at Devens 89-91, SOCPAC 91-94, back to C/2/10 @ Carson 94-98, JCSE @ MacDill 98-01. Retired in 03. Currently GS working @ SOCEUR in Germany.

tadcraig316
05-30-2007, 12:03
Former 18E, retired now, spent my entire time in 3rd group and the last two years in SWC as 18E instructor. I miss it every day. De Oppresso Liber

Auditor
05-31-2007, 17:51
Hi all,

I was in the Navy from 1996 to 2001 and I currently work for a public accounting firm in Phoenix, AZ.

I have enjoyed reading these forums for several months now. I like a place where it is possible to get shooting tips, read an intelligent discussion about politics, and get advice about selecting a good bourbon all in one place. Keep it up guys, it is a great resource!

pheepster
05-31-2007, 18:07
Hello,
I'm currently living and working in Japan and am planning on enlisting as either active duty or in the National Guard as a Rep 63 when I return to the US this year. I really appreciate this amazing resource and discussion board.
I have a BA and a MA in English from Montana State University, where I used to teach writing and tutor ESL students. I'm currently teaching English conversation in Japan and trying to learn Japanese.
I thank you all for your previous input and the opportunity to learn more.
-best wishes

handler375
05-31-2007, 20:12
Hello everyone,
Im currently in the army at 3/75 Ranger Regiment. I have been serving proudly for close to four years now. I am currently an obsessed SFAS hopeful and have some pretty specific questions that I think can only be answered by an sf recruiter, but I like to find out as much as possible for myself before I ask others. I found the website by browsing the internet. I understand how the search button works and have already been using it liberally. Thank you all for your service.

Doitmyself
06-01-2007, 05:44
Hello everyone. I am currently stationed at Ft. Story, VA, and will be shipping out to SFAS tomorrow. This website has been a tremendous help. Thank you all.

Team Sergeant
06-01-2007, 06:21
Welcome Gent's.

Team Sergeant

jon130fp
06-01-2007, 06:34
Hello gents,

ANG Sgt. in Cherry Point, NC. Prior service Marine. I've found the entire site to be very informative.

Kneedeep4028
06-01-2007, 12:00
Hey guys, I found this site on a google search. Someday I plan on going to sf. I will hopefully join the national guard next summer while in high school and be in a LRS / RSTA unit during college, then go active duty. I don't quiet know if I will go in as an officer after college or if I choose the enlisted before officer path. I got some research to do !!

We encourage people to select unique, descriptive, and appropriate screen names. Your first attempt is a bit "wide of the mark", especially since the odds are definitely against you. While you're figuring out what you want to do with your life - spend some time deciding on a new screen name that will meet the criteria no matter what your future holds. PM me the answer and I'll fix your "faux pas". Peregrino

Fixed. Thanks for volunteering to be today's "object lesson". Welcome aboard. Peregrino

The Reaper
06-01-2007, 12:07
Hey guys, I found this site on a google search. Someday I plan on going to sf. I will hopefully join the national guard next summer while in high school and be in a LRS / RSTA unit during college, then go active duty. I don't know yet if I will go in as an officer after college or if I will choose the enlisted before officer path. What I do know is that is a bunch of years away and I got some research to do !!

Since you aren't an 18A, and likely won't be, what was your second choice for a user name?

On second thought, read the rules and stickies again. 15 year old HS kids are not supposed to be posting at all.

If you are not of legal age, please do not create problems by posting. You are more than welcome to lurk and read.

TR

VKB
06-01-2007, 14:38
Hey everyone, my name is Vince, and I'm a Capt. in the USMCR with 4/13 Marines.

Ice
06-01-2007, 19:50
Hi,
I was born and raised in Sibiu, Romania. At 17, after 11 years of waiting for the visa, my family and I moved to Chicago, Illinois. I enlisted in the ARNG at 18 as a 63B, and had the opportunity to attend vehicle recovery and airborne school. Currently, I'm pursuing a 4 year degree in computer science and seriously considering a career in Special Forces.

allester666
06-02-2007, 02:05
Thanks for the awesome priveldge to be a part of the community here. My name is Gabriel. I am a SSG in the US Army, 11C of 6 six years this month. I am currently teaching at an NCO academy; I needed somewere to hide while I healed up a surgery and a leg injury :p I have enjoyed most of my time in the regular Army but I have decided that the general attitude and work ethic of your everyday soldier pretty much sucks. I have worked with many soldiers of all ranks who make excuses as to why they dont need to train or operate in their capacity because "it isn't their job". Whatever, needless to say I am looking for an environment where soldiers do what they gotta do end of story, and I think the SF community is were its at. Selection here i come.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
06-02-2007, 04:47
I have enjoyed most of my time in the regular Army but I have decided that the general attitude and work ethic of your everyday soldier pretty much sucks. I have worked with many soldiers of all ranks who make excuses as to why they dont need to train or operate in their capacity because "it isn't their job". Whatever, needless to say I am looking for an environment where soldiers do what they gotta do end of story, and I think the SF community is were its at. Selection here i come.

Well I wish you well in your endevour, however you might be in for an unpleasant surprise when you find, that in some cases, you are going to be the one who will have to train, advise, lead (in some cases), and deal with soldiers in someone else's Army who have even worse out looks and motiviation than those of your US contemporaries. Do not lose sight of the fact that in many cases you will not be working just with your own team but as a force multiplier working perhaps with another team mate but perhaps also alone with indigenous folks who may or may not see you as fellow compatriot, meal, or foe. So if you think that you are trading up from those who do not measure up to your standards by attempting to join the ranks of SF so that you do not have to deal with the dregs of society you might in fact be "homesick" for the good ole days. Think it over and make sure you know what lies ahead.

whitesnake
06-02-2007, 06:06
I served with the 3/11th SFGA from 1968 thru 1974, commanded ODA-3,I'm an active member of SFA Chapter 85. Prior to OCS my MOS was
11C S, then 31542(SF Qualified Infantry Officer).

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to
visit violence on those who would do us harm"- George Orwell

Horse
06-02-2007, 08:48
Hello, A friend recommended the site to me and she was right. I could and will be reading old threads for a long time. Im a 31B in the PA ARNG. I recently requested a transfer to an Infantry unit. I don't know if this will be approved yet but Im hopeing.
I wont be posting much. Just here to read and absorb what I can.

SF_BHT
06-02-2007, 12:27
Hello My name is Bryan and am a retired SF MSG. I am working for DOJ-DEA now in S. America. Continuing the fight just a better pay check. Hope to see a lot of good exchange in the future. I have served in 3/5 SFG, 1/3 SFG, 3/7 SFG USASOC ( ) and other SOF assignments.

Seiken
06-02-2007, 23:53
Hi my name is Rico and I am 19 and I am going to enlist and go 18x. I have been skulking around on your site for about a month looking at different discussion threads and I finally decided to introduce myself. I want to thank you guys for putting up this website and allowing hopefuls like me to seek your advice.

KSC
06-03-2007, 09:39
Hey folks, Kevin here. I'm an E-5 currently in Tikrit with the 82nd, and as most others in here, having SF aspirations. One thing, I was trying to figure out is how to post an avatar. The 'edit avatar' section of my CP has a block that I can't uncheck that says something to the nature of 'don't use an avatar,' and there is no browse button to select one as on other sites. Maybe it's due to my newbie status. I do appreciate the close regulations(or should I say strong suggestions) of the site. It seems to keep it very orderly, and from my two days of browsing, it seems very well run. Hopefully I'll pick up some great information from you more experience gentlemen, and maybe throw a couple pennies at something I might know.

The Reaper
06-03-2007, 09:52
The only people with avatars, other than the QPs, are people who have followed the rules and put up an acceptable number of good posts. You are at 1.

Good luck and welcome everyone.

TR

SFS0AVN
06-03-2007, 12:04
Greetings All: I found this site through the new SFA site. I am Joe F. and am retired in NM. I grew up in a Special Forces Family in the 50s and went to the field as a teenager with FA-1, 10th GP. After jump school at Ft. Bragg I went to TNG GP and became a SF Medic. From there to D/7th SFG, A/3rd SFG, A/10th SFG MedOps and ran the Med Lab/Med Supply in Lenggries and Toelz. From there to Flight School and DS 46th SFCo. I later helped set up the High Altitude Winter Training Site at Eagle, CO for the 10th GP and flew for the HATS which I also helped organize. I retired in 1996 as a CW5 and was the First CW5 in the 1st SF Regiment (not 180). See Ya.

Massgrunt
06-04-2007, 10:01
Hello gents, former Marine here doing the contractor thing now. I basically registered so I could use the search function to answer a few questions. I recognize some screen names from Socnet, and I've met a couple of you. I don't really plan on posting here, but if I do I'll try to avoid the rookie mistakes. Thanks.

angry27
06-04-2007, 14:11
18C active. Came from infantry in the 82D.

ALrecruiter
06-04-2007, 14:24
Gents,

I am what my screen name says, an Alabama NG recruiter, but thats not why i'm here. I'm here to learn. In the past couple years I have enlisted several guys into the 20th, and starting to work mostly with SF. I feel the more I can learn now the better quality I can bring you later. I will not be posting unless asked, I will hang out and read. I learned of this site from some of those in the family, and was warned to play nice or else. thank you for what you do and what you are.

Gypsy
06-04-2007, 16:23
Nice to see you Massgrunt!

And a hearty welcome, and thanks, to all who have or are serving.

dblevins
06-05-2007, 10:26
My name is Deward (Dewey) Blevins. I was in Vietnam from early 1970 to February 1971.
With B52 for part of their last operation and then with CCC.
I was with the medical section. Mostly support for the RTs. I flew to DakTo every other day.
My memory for names is extremely bad, but I would like to hear from anyone out there I might have served with.

Matta mile
06-05-2007, 17:33
Its nice to have you Gents.
Enjoy
MM

gibme
06-05-2007, 18:40
Hi, my name is Peter. I'm a 18E assigned to 1st Grp. I graduated the Q-course in May07 and have not yet in processed Lewis. I spent 5 years at Lewis before attending and I'm happy to be back. I've been a lurker here for some time, so I figured I should register and learn some more.

Grendelizer
06-05-2007, 20:57
Guys, I'm John Hanka, a civvie with an interest in military stuff. If the rest of you guys have as much no-BS, real-world knowledge as Gene Econ, who's posted a few times in my 6.5 Grendel forum, then this will be great place to learn.

John

The Reaper
06-06-2007, 06:21
Welcome aboard all.

Sorry. John, we can't all be as smart as Gene.:D

He is one of a kind, but we each have our assets.

TR

Matsonian
06-06-2007, 07:10
Hi all, 18C (old 12B4SF) graduated Q course in 1980, and served in 7Th group. the left active and served with the 12Th SFG until the 1992. retired from a leg engineer unit in 2000. Came back to SF in 2004 with the 20Th Group.

CPTAUSRET
06-06-2007, 07:44
Welcome aboard everyone!

Y'all have picked a good site!

There are a few simple rules, which are diligently enforced!

Ejcynical
06-06-2007, 08:21
Joined the QP a few months ago and I am finally doing my intro. I came from 1st SFG(A) and currently working at USASFC(A). I’ve spent 14 years in 1st SFG(A) and hated leaving the Group to come do my Bragg time. SF has been good to me and I enjoy being apart of this community. :cool:

evos524
06-06-2007, 08:39
Hi! My name is Beth, and I am married to a soldier in the regular Army. He is currently at Selection, so I thought it was time to quit lurking and register. We have 2 girls - a 3rd on the way - and are stationed in Texas.

TennesseeVol
06-06-2007, 14:08
Gentlemen, I want to thank you all for your insight, advice and most of all your service to our nation. I am currently a civilian fulfilling a year long commitment to an employer before I embark on the journey that I hope will lead me into the world of SF. I plan on using the next 9 months to train, read and learn as much as I can before taking the plunge. I would jump in sooner but I've given my word to my boss and if there is one thing I have learned about SF so far is that integrity is essential. So here I am 9-5 until March 08 absorbing as much as possible until that not too far off day when I can proudly post my ship date.

Team Sergeant
06-07-2007, 07:35
Welcome all!

Team Sergeant

chiefrick194
06-07-2007, 13:05
My name is Rick. I was in First Group 84-95. Looking for Team Members and friends. "Cocktails!"

The Reaper
06-07-2007, 13:24
Welcome Chief.

Your registration provided a link to the introductions thread with everyone else's intro on it.

I will merge yours, you might take a moment to read the directions again.

Can't have an SF brother lost on here.:D

TR

CRad
06-08-2007, 04:08
... hated leaving the Group to come do my Bragg time. SF has been good to me and I enjoy being apart of this community. :cool:

Number of folks feel the same way. Good to meet you.

amk
06-09-2007, 10:24
My name is Alex, I am writing to introduce myself. I appreciate the opportunity to be a member and to read the threads of all of those who truly make a difference. I am currently a Special Agent with the federal government, during the time I have spent in the position I have had the opportunity to attend numerous training classes and am a current firearms instructor to include the M4 and defensive tactics instructor. I served in the Marine Corps during Desert Storm and am looking into SF opportunities with the 19th SF group in RI. I don't intend on pretending to have a firm grasp of what the process will be like and am looking for some insight on how my current career will help or detract from the process. Thanks again.

tremp
06-09-2007, 20:03
Hi, I am Laura. I'm prior service and got to know some "Quiet Professionals" while serving in Panama and a short-tour in El Salvador. I also spent about 8 years as a Drilling IMA Reservist in 3d Bn 1st SWTG working at the Regional Studies Course for the CA/PSYOP Officers.

I also happen to be married to a guy who works in the USASOC Historian's Office and writes some of the articles in the magazine Veritas.

My civilian job is that I run a Free Clinic for folks without insurance.

Team Sergeant
06-10-2007, 07:03
Welcome aboard Ladies and Gents.

GOT2BE
06-11-2007, 11:44
Hello to everyone. I have joined this group in order to better prepare myself, both mentally and physically, for the challenge of pursuing a career in Special Forces. I spent over six years on active service and I am currently a student interested in joining SF as a member of the National Guard. Thank you for giving me the chance to pick your brains as I begin my train up.

Retired W4
06-11-2007, 14:39
As a way of introducing myself, I will tell of my very limited association with SF. In Jan 70 I was infused from the 187th AHC to the 190th, whose flight line, as my feeble old mind recalls was in close proximity to 5th SF HQ near Ben Hoa. At the time the 190th provided one UH-1/day to 5 SF for ash and trash. Sounded like a nice mellow mission to me, so at the AC meeting it was semi-permanently assigned to me. Piece of cake. In the morning I would hop over the to the SF pad, meet with a SP6 to get the mail, any personnel going out, the Chaplin on Sunday, etc,, and hop around to all the A-teams in the area all day. Lovely places like Ton le Chon, Bu Dop, Nui Ba Ra, Nui Ba Den, Tay Ninh East, either An Loc or Loc Ninh (can’t remember), and many of the other garden spots populated by Green Berets. Soon the focus shifted further west, which was very interesting as well. I had my points along the angel wing/parrots beak like the old sugar mill. We could hit a point, fly TD&H and soon meet strange and wonderful people. It was a great mission for really great people. Please pardon any technical errors contained herein, as that was a long time ago, and I was just the pilot.

LE123
06-11-2007, 16:11
I'm Jeff from Maryland, 35 years old, Army prior service. I have started training for SFAS (another late starter) I will be contacting a recruiter with the 20th Group soon. I have been a police officer for the past ten years.
I will not be posting due to the fact that the info I need is already on the site.

Thanks for having me
Jeff

Bill Harsey
06-13-2007, 07:37
Retired W4,
It was my honor to spend some time with you this last week.
Welcome aboard to you and all others here.

Bill

SOKOOLJ
06-13-2007, 08:14
Joe here, don't know how I have missed this site, been in the community for quite some time now. Anyway, our brother Adal L. told me about the site. Was assigned to A/2/1 SFG (A) ODA 142 as an 18D from '95-'99, then SWC tour for a few years. Went on to OCS, served in 1 ID, and now I am attending the 18A course. I'll be reuniting with my brothers in OKI later this year.

Glad to be aboard. Hope to provide meaningfull and professional threads with you all.

Justinmd
06-13-2007, 09:53
Hello Gents,
Just came off AD with B/2/5th where I was a Fox and previously a Charlie. Did two OIF tours and now on to different things. Apparently I registered a long time ago but I must have forgot about the site. Anyways, I'm heavy into long range shooting and motocross, and currently keep busy with my lathe and mill making gun stuff.
Justin

zulucharlie
06-13-2007, 11:13
Evening Gentleman,
Just want to introduce myself and thank you for allowing me to visit this site.
Ex South African Police and Defense Force currently doing contract work.

zc

bdsix
06-13-2007, 12:55
Thanks for having me. I was turned onto this site by a co-worker who is a member. It seems there was someone asking about my whereabouts a few weeks ago. To all who know me, I'm not dead, I'm just in USASFC(A). Not much of a difference. I've enjoyed reading the posts. If anybody is looking for me, here I (RP) am.

cold1
06-13-2007, 16:48
I ex NCNG. I did not do anything HSLD, I fixed med equipment. I have the honor of participating in Pineland from time to time. Thanks for this forum and oppertunity to learn.

keenwerkz
06-14-2007, 02:02
Hi thanks for letting me in, I'm not professionally trained as most of you men and women and I do really admire your job! my only military experience is with ROTC here in the Philippines. I work as a business development officer and I joined this forum since this is a good source of info that I believe would matter in case some things would deteriorate in my country.

:)

Jack Moroney (RIP)
06-14-2007, 03:55
I do really admire your job!

Welcome aboard. This is not, however, a job-it is a commitment.

Stickhog
06-14-2007, 18:36
Gentlemen,

I am currently a junior officer in the Florida National Guard. Looking to learn and lurk on this excellent site. After looking on this site for a few months, I would like to thank the moderators and posters for the mentorship to all the soldiers out there. It would be great to hear from any 18As in the NG about their experiences.

Stickhog

Black Knight
06-14-2007, 21:43
Gentlemen,

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to participate and learn from your discussions. I am a Tactical Paramedic that supports a SWAT team in Missouri. If I happen to post, it will mainly be in the medical or gear related forums. I will apologize in advance for taking more information than I can give.

Thanks again,
BK

RickyTicky
06-15-2007, 01:17
To all,
Hello to all! I'm glad to be among you. I'm looking forward to joining the ranks of the QP's in the not so distant future. Thank you for creating and maintaining such a web site it has been and I'm sure will remain a great source of information and insite.

The antihero
06-15-2007, 07:55
My name is Max, I live in Southern Italy. I have no other military experience than my 12 months conscription back in '91.

I try to keep up to date, from the concerned citizen standpoint, in terrorism and other threats to our liberty. Internet is my main resource for that, as I don't really trust MSMs. I value military people's opinions on the subject for obvious reasons (can we say: been there, done that).

That's how and why I came to know this forum that I find very interesting. I've been sticking around for a while reading the threads and eventually decided to join to be able to ask the occasional question or opinion myself.

Thank you all very much for all the precious insights offered in this forum.

SF18C
06-15-2007, 08:16
The antihero Ciao, come va?
I lived in Italy (Vicenza) for a few years and I can't wait to go back!!!

The antihero
06-15-2007, 12:33
The antihero Ciao, come va?
I lived in Italy (Vicenza) for a few years and I can't wait to go back!!!

Io sto bene Grazie SF18C. I hope you're well also and that you make you're way back here ASAP. Cheers.

OneGungHoSOB
06-15-2007, 13:00
Gentlemen, allow me first off to thank you all for the wealth of information shared in these forums. As for myself, I am SGT Dupree, currently deployed and training for SFAS and whatever lies thereafter. I am a former Scout, who was once given the opportunity to conduct a mission with an ODA while deployed, SF has been in the back of my mind ever since. I will read more than write, be assured. Thanks again.

Dirtpuppy
06-16-2007, 09:09
Hello all, AD USAF SSgt who is applying for the Blue To Green program and HOPING for an Option 40 and maybe eventually SF. My big bro was in the
82nd way back when, and I wanted to follow his path but for some reason I joined the AF, tisk tisk. I think in the back of my mind I always wanted to join the Army and my recent attendance at Air Assault School in Ft. Campbell broke the levee, now this is what I will do. Ive served with some SOF, SF and Rangers at H1, Iraq back in 03 and that was my first taste of the SOF mission, thats why I want to serve with the best. Ive done a ton of reading on SOCNET, thats how I found out about QP, and plan to do a ton here. I like to join in on posts every once in a while so I look forward to that. Glad to be here and glad to be hearing from everyone, keep up the good work.

TFD0103
06-16-2007, 11:08
I've been using the forums for general info lately. :munchin

I have been with 5th grp as an 18D since '01. OEF 01-02, OIF I, OIF II, DLI for Arabic 05-06. I am now back at 5th grp.

Nice site for the community outside of work for lessons learned etc.

nmap
06-16-2007, 23:03
I am a civilian with no military background or training. I spent a number
of years in securities brokerage, followed by time in computer science.
I'm semi-retired now and in my mid-fifties.

I expect several trends to lead to increased volatility around
the world; I suspect this site will offer some insights and perspectives
not available elsewhere.

Thank you for permitting me entry to the site.

Cyphur
06-18-2007, 08:29
I too must apologize in advance for taking more than I can give, while prior service I have no operational experience in SOF. I have had the opportunity to train under several ex-SF and Navy SEALs, and having several NCO's who had attended SFAS and/or the Delta "try-outs"(I apologize for my ignorance re: SFOD-D and its terminology). Those NCO's were great leaders and were a great source of intel and advice.

I had a SFAS packet in the works back in 2003 at Ft Hood when I sustained a minor head injury which resulted in a seizure. A year and a half later, due to a med board, and despite my best efforts to stay, I became a reluctant civilian.

Unfortunately, between several conditions I currently experience(the condition previously mentioned is no longer an issue), I do not think SF is a reality for me right now. Down the road, I may find myself in uniform once again, whether it be active duty, guard/reserve, or in service with a Federal agency. Until then, I'll continue to hone my mind and body for what may come. As with all things, time will tell. The men and women in service will continue to receive my support, while I'm in the rear with the gear.

I will be reading far more than I will be posting, and I want to thank you for allowing me a glimpse into the SF mindset and mentality. I will keep OPSEC in mind at all times. Thank you again, for all that you do for our country. God Speed.

Cyphur
Former 19K - 3/8CAV, 3BDE, 1CAV '01 - '04

ShadowMedic
06-18-2007, 09:45
I am a disciplined and dedicated medic who looks forward to the challenges and trials that it takes to become worthy of working on the best team on the planet. I will not waste your time with ill-prepared questions as I know the advice you give is very valuable. I look forward to working with some of you in the future in person instead of this forum.

Rather than a full biography here are a few favorite quotes that might help paint a better picture:

"The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials." - Chinese Proverb

"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."-Pericles

"Don't refuse to go on an occasional wild goose chase - that's what wild geese
are for." ~Author Unknown

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. To not dare is to lose oneself."
~Soren Kierkegaard

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do
it." ~Pablo Picasso

JGarcia
06-19-2007, 09:24
I'd like to re-introduce myself. I asked TS to change my screen name yesterday and he did. I chose to use my real name rather than my old "handle."

So, NG_M4_Shooter is now JGarcia. Thank you TS.

SnortyRaisin
06-19-2007, 11:49
I served with the 82nd Abn, was an advisor with the VN rangers, and was in 10th SFG. I am interested in how things have changed - and how they have not.

jevo1976
06-19-2007, 17:55
18D, SFAS class 08-02. I recently left 5th SFG (which I miss at times) and joined 20th SFG. I am currently taking the prerequisites for medical school.

Matta mile
06-19-2007, 19:01
Welcome Gents

Nice to have you aboard!
MM

kotzabasis
06-20-2007, 00:28
Hi to all

My name is Con George-Kotzabasis and I'm a former board director of SBS TV Australia. Being a tyro, in this field, among professionals the reason that I've joined this forum is to learn from them while at the same time attempting to make a contribution.

Already I've made some mistakes by jumping the gun, i.e., not introducing myself before posting to a thread, which I did, and I apologise for infringing this rule.

Now that I introduced myself I'm ready to jump with both feet into the fray of fire, and while getting burned hoping to learn from it.

MPuetz85
06-20-2007, 14:51
Hello everyone,
My name is Mike and I'm shipping out to Benning in a few weeks. My contract is for 18X. I'm very excited and looking forward to it immensley.
I will hopefully learn a few things about Special Forces before I ship out.
Until next time,
-Mike

Br.Omega
06-20-2007, 18:09
Hello Everybody-

Thank you for allowing me to peek around your house. I frequently stalk these and similar site. I have been a huge supporter of those who serve for as long as I have been alive. In fact, it was all I wanted to do until life decided it had different plans.

But, to make a long story short, I am in formation with the Capuchin Franciscan Order and I wish all of you well.

Believe me, I have many friends who serve and I will keep all of you also in my prayers and hopes.

Good luck.

God Bless

-Matthew:D

Kabar Toss
06-20-2007, 19:00
Howdy Gents,

Just a civilian here reading anything I can about everything I'm allowed to learn about. I'm mostly hear to read and maybe ask the occasional firearm question - but I'll ensure to wear out that search button before I stick my neck out too far.

I know enough about the military to know that I don't know anything about the military - so it's pretty much mouth shut, ears open from here on out. :D

Thanks for the opportunity to be a part of these forums, and even more so - thank you to the BTDT's for your service.

-Matt

CPTAUSRET
06-20-2007, 19:34
I served with the 82nd Abn, was an advisor with the VN rangers, and was in 10th SFG. I am interested in how things have changed - and how they have not.

"was an advisor with the VN rangers"

44th Rangers, by any chance?

SnortyRaisin
06-20-2007, 19:48
No, 52nd Vietnamese Rangers.

mike_bravo
06-20-2007, 23:35
Hi all - my name is Mike. First, thank you for allowing me to join your forum. I am prior service 11B1P E-5 looking to come back in on an 18X. I just talked to the recruiter today - he says prior service army can't get the 18X - but since my ASVAB scores are so high, I can reclass to anything else... Seems from what I've found so far on this forum, he may not be accurate. Looking for any information that can assist me in getting to SF!

Cheers!
~mjb

chiphfb
06-21-2007, 01:08
Greetings. I served with the 3d, 5th, & 10th.

Chip

Chief_Marquez
06-21-2007, 07:05
My name is Tony

Just signed up and decided to post my intro. Thinking about 18B, when I get out of Ft. Sam. preparing while I'm here since theres nothing but time here... I look forward to learning great things from the members here. Thanks for the Opportunity to stalk around...

Team Sergeant
06-21-2007, 08:16
Greetings. I served with the 3d, 5th, & 10th.

Chip

You got a brother that also served?

TS

Matta mile
06-21-2007, 10:24
Welcome all. Please go back and fill out your profiles if you have not already done so.
MM

culebra-perro
06-21-2007, 14:32
4th Infantry Div, 3/7th SFGA, ODA-781, 795, 25th ID, ROTC, SOCSOUTH, deployed to Korea, Japan, Alaska, Germany, El Sal, Honduras, etc. I enjoy reading the posts and keeping up with the Quiet Professionals. Thanks. culebra-perro

Mosby Raider
06-21-2007, 15:24
Greetings All

Followed a link to this site while reading about the Dragon Skin controversy. Retired SF Company SGM with over 31 years service in SF. Spent time in the RA in 5th, 75-79, and as an instructor in SWC, 84-87, in the Advanced Skills Department. Rest of the time was spent in 20th. Retired in 2004 from 20th after returning from AF. Hope to renew some old friendships and acquaintances and establish some new ones.

Roguish Lawyer
06-21-2007, 15:26
Welcome, Mosby Raider! At least one admin is going to love that screen name!

The Reaper
06-21-2007, 17:26
Welcome all.

Remember to fill in your profiles.

Enjoy your visit.

TR

Dominus_Potior
06-22-2007, 08:19
I'm SGT M., about March of this year I returned from yet another great deployment with the 1/1 AD, and there SF recruiters visiting our post. I was, at the time completely uninterested in SF and had just had a child, but now having spent about 2 and a half months looking into everything imaginable, I have decided to go SFAS. I completed almost everything in about 2 days (physical and all). Now all I have left is to get back with my recruiter in Germany to get a class date.

I have to say that this forum has really helped in me making the decision to go. After lurking around here for about a month as a guest I figured to about time to become a member. So hello all. And thank you.

Snaquebite
06-22-2007, 09:16
SGT M. Welcome...good intro and profile....

This part worries me though:rolleyes:
I was, at the time completely uninterested in SF and had just had a child:D

theditchdoctor
06-22-2007, 14:43
Hello.....I'm a former member of the Air Force, not special operations, I was just a medic. One of my friends who is a member here invited me to join so that I could contribute to the medical section of this site.

Demerde-toi
06-22-2007, 16:51
Browsed the site a bit, was in the USMC Infantry (0341)
the Legion Etrangere Infantry/Abn.
Have some areas of SF operations during the Vietnam
War I was interested in learning about-was told this was the place
to sit in and absorb data.
Thanks
D

NousDefionsDoc
06-22-2007, 17:16
... I was just a medic...

WTF? There is no such thing...

Welcome aboard.