PDA

View Full Version : Introductions-Your first post on this board goes here.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Doc
08-14-2005, 17:11
Not really new here, but I've been absent for a while now so I thought I should re-introduce.

I'm an 11B2P with the 82nd... been to Iraq & Afghanistan... married... another daughter on the way (1-2 weeks until the wife pops)...

Was set to go to SFAS but had some family issues to sort out. But I'm back on the path to bigger and better things again, just waiting to head off, give it my best, and take it from there.

That's pretty much it for my re-introduction.

Re-Welcome aboard MaxPower,

Take care of business and post when you can.

Take care of yourself and your family.

God Speed.

Doc

Bill Harsey
08-14-2005, 19:38
(first attemtped earlier in wrong area)
Hello crew, thought this might be a good section for a tame first post.
As a quick introduction I work for the game America's Army. I Just recently found this site and thought it looked like a great place to keep up to date on military information and opinions. I will try my best to use my knowledge and experiences to not come off as a complete wanabe annoyance, thanks for you patience.

I'm sure you guys aren't big on excuses, but I did make sure and read all the rules and sticky's I could. (including):
http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3452
While viewing rule #2, "2. Introduce yourself with your first post." I was unaware this introduction needed to be at base camp since my first post was attempted in general discussion. Which that area's sticky only declares to make sure one's profile is appropriate.
I was also told not to post outside links, but the rules page seems to just demand no nudity or unauthorized ads assuming the post in "on topic."
Is there another "first timers" page I have missed?
Sir,
Tread lightly and very carefully here. I don't think anything in your life to this point has prepared you to converse with men and women of this caliber. Yes I've seen your work. Again, tread very carefully.
Bill

NousDefionsDoc
08-14-2005, 19:41
Not really new here, but I've been absent for a while now so I thought I should re-introduce.

I'm an 11B2P with the 82nd... been to Iraq & Afghanistan... married... another daughter on the way (1-2 weeks until the wife pops)...

Was set to go to SFAS but had some family issues to sort out. But I'm back on the path to bigger and better things again, just waiting to head off, give it my best, and take it from there.

That's pretty much it for my re-introduction.
Welcome back bud! Congratulations.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
08-14-2005, 19:46

Welcome back and congratulations on the pending birth.

braverifles
08-15-2005, 11:23
Tag alle!

I am a former 11Bang Bang 1Papa with a long lineage of family service to both America and Germany. My sister is still serving and getting ready for her second mideast deployment. Flight Medic.

I put in 8 years with the US Army before my knee and back put me out on a bad jump. I miss it every day and fought like hell to stay in. The same week I got home I was back on a bus to our MEPS station trying to find something for the Army to give me to do. No dice. Nothing like trying to stand down all these years.

My father did two tours in the 'Nam flying guns and later medevac. His wife left him his first tour. He was the only to wake up after his last ship was shot out from him and they went in. He taught me about fields of fire and MOUT long before the US Army did.

I'm a born boonie rat.

Thanks for having me.
Si vis Pacem para bellum.

ChalkDiesel
08-15-2005, 15:19
I wanted to brifly intoduce myself as I am new here. :lifter I reside in TX and have been learning all I can about SF. I also wanted to say thanks to the ones that have gave the ultimate sacrifice and the ones that continue to serve. I hope to learn a little more and chat w/ you all.

Diesel

Doc
08-15-2005, 15:36
Welcome everyone!

Doc

NousDefionsDoc
08-15-2005, 19:22
Welcome aboard

dave_az
08-16-2005, 08:55
Having realized after joining forum in June that I hadn't done this yet, time to make things right.

I have absolutely NO military background. I joined so that I could get some info, and occassionally ask questions on the board, or PM others if necessary.

I joined as my son is in the Q course.

I am grateful for this forum, as I have learned much, and have enjoyed some of the stories and ideas shared.

dave

The Reaper
08-16-2005, 11:36
New members (and new introductions):

Welcome!

djmonkeyboy:

Please follow instructions and fill in your profile.

Thanks, have a very SF day.

TR

Jcindy
08-16-2005, 11:47
I found your site while lurking on SOCNET, after lurking here for a time I thought I should go ahead and register. Great board, very professional and informative. Thanks to those who take the time to post and run these forums. I look forward to learning. I would also like to say thank you to all who have and continue to serve our nation.

Cathy
08-16-2005, 15:40
Over the last year, I have visited here occasionally and have appreciated the information, the insight, the recipes, and the camaraderie found here. So I have stopped by your visitors center to sign in and say thank you.

I am not a person who should be posting on this bulletin board, so thank you for your generosity in letting me visit.

Thank you for serving, loving, and protecting the United States of America.

Doc
08-16-2005, 17:22
Over the last year, I have visited here occasionally and have appreciated the information, the insight, the recipes, and the camaraderie found here. So I have stopped by your visitors center to sign in and say thank you.

I am not a person who should be posting on this bulletin board, so thank you for your generosity in letting me visit.

Thank you for serving, loving, and protecting the United States of America.

Very well said Cathy and welcome aboard.

I disagree with your statement that you are not a person that should be posting on this board. It is open to the public and we welcome non-SF personnel as long as they follow the rules and don't get out of line.

Thanks for your comments.

Doc

CoLawman
08-16-2005, 22:31
I'm a professional designer, illustrator, animator, pixel pusher, artist type. (Something you folks might've seen recently is I produced the website for the 9/11 memorial erected on Staten Island...masasono.com if you're interested).

That is a beautiful memorial. I did not know it existed. You presented it well on the website. My compliments.

AMMOTECH
08-17-2005, 02:37
Greetings,
Allow me a few lines to introduce myself. I found this bbs a couple months back and have been lurking about doing some some reading. The stories are a blast!
I'm active duty Air Force with 18 yr TIS. Born & raised in Georgia but Currently stationed in Germany.
I have spent time in the following locations:
Basic/Tech school (fall '87), Eglin AFB Fl.(88-91), Izmir Turkey (91-93), Nellis AFB Nv.(93-96), Incirlik Turkey (96-98), SJAFB NC.(98-01), Germany(01-05) And a few deployments to the sandbox.
I am not Special Operations related but while stationed at Eglin I supported the Ranger camp, PJ's, and SEAL's when they would show up from time to time.
My AFSC (MOS) is 2W071 (Munitions Tech)
I also post on SOCNET and Lightfighter under the same user name.
Thanks for allowing me to hang out in your neck of the woods.
-David
:munchin

Kyobanim
08-17-2005, 06:16
Welcome all

CPTAUSRET
08-17-2005, 08:23
Welcome aboard, everybody.

Terry

The Reaper
08-17-2005, 08:49
Welcome all, especially you Ammotech, you took long enough to come visit.

TR

Ammodawg
08-17-2005, 09:45
Welcome all, especially you Ammotech, you took long enough to come visit.

TR

We work together, I finally talked him into registering and posting, all the QP's around here had him nervous :p :D

Back to my shadow and :lifter

Ghostracer11
08-17-2005, 12:57
Hello,
I thought that I would introduce myself on the board since I have been lurking around it for a few days. I'm an 18X, who's getting ready to ship out on Sept. 20th, and I've found the site and forum very informative for prep both physically and mentally. Thank you for hosting us.

bluebb
08-17-2005, 14:46
Great site, excellent posts.

Blue

Finch_friez
08-18-2005, 17:50
Good afternoon,
just wanted to formally introduce myself. My name is Chris Finch, I'm 17 years old, I live in West Harrison Indiana. And I am really interested in joining the Special Forces.

SMGCat
08-18-2005, 19:29
Quick intro here;

Was active duty Army from 86-90, 88-90 in Korea, then NG and USAR till 2004, and looking at going back in again.

Currently with the G in a law enforcement capacity, been there since 2000, when I left a local police agency with 7 years service as a detective.

Michelle
08-19-2005, 15:28
Hello - And introduction.

My name is Michelle. I've been lurking in here for several months and thought I should put up a formal introduction post.

I am a civilian. My father served under Patton in WWII (stormed Normandy in fact). After he left the military he went into civilian work in the Space Systems and Defense field and did a lot of subcontract for NASA, etc. He was, in fact, one of the principle engineers on the LEM, of Apollo 13 fame, as well as many other projects he could not talk much about. I guess you could say he went from defending his country in one capacity, to defending it in another. He had his children later in life, and unfortunately is no longer around. But his deeds and his memory linger.

My brother was in the Marine Corps during the Desert Storm era as well.

I have several friends that are former SF, and was invited to this forum by one of your members.

I work in technology Monday through Friday to put kibble in the dogs bowls, but do satellite work as a training consultant for a knife company/instructor on the side much more for love than money. I have a passion for teaching people to be self-sufficent and self-reliant, especially women, in the areas of self defense. I do not subscribe to the idea that someone else is responsible for my safety and well being on a personal level, and I don't think anyone should be lulled into that false sense of stupidi... er... I mean, security. So I try to do my little part.

Thank you to all of you for what you have done, continue to do, and will do in the future for our country and it's people. A silent and thankless job in so many ways and yet you still do what you do. You are the best of the best. Thank you for letting me post.

Michelle (m1 to my pals)

Team Sergeant
08-19-2005, 15:40
Welcome m1, its about time you posted! :rolleyes:

Team Sergeant

(m1 is know to a few QP's on here including me.)

Razor
08-19-2005, 16:12
Nice to see you here, Michelle. Got any good dirt on FS you can share? :lifter

NousDefionsDoc
08-19-2005, 16:17
Oh God, there's two of them...

J/K, welcome M1.

Michelle
08-19-2005, 16:45
Nice to see you here, Michelle. Got any good dirt on FS

yes!

you can share? :lifter

no!

;)

m1

Amato
08-21-2005, 00:36
Hello, a little about myself

I am from Newport News, VA, currently stationed at Ft. Bragg with Division Artillery, working in brigade commo as a 25U. I have a little under 2 years in the Army. I am getting my SFAS packet ready now, almost done with it. I too like Ammotech post on Lightfighter.net.

A-Train
08-21-2005, 09:48
Hello,

I ship out on September 15 as a 91W. I have the honor of working with a retired CSM who was SF for a time during his carreer. Which after many conversations, sparked my interestet to pursue a carreer in SF. After several years I hope to pass qualification and selection. I found your forums by stumbling across them while looking for more info on the lifestyle and other info on SF.

Thanks.

A-Train

one-zero
08-21-2005, 15:30
Hi Gang,
Not much for surfing the net or posting but I've been behind the curtain for too long and hope to get in touch with more folks as I close in on retirement, I'll be at the SOAR in Vegas (Sep) and try to get to FBNC more often to touch base with other team-mates who are still around...
Have a feeling I know some of you on the boards. I'll be around from time to time to see whats going on.
regards,
One-Zero (RT Hawk)

The Reaper
08-21-2005, 15:44
Welcome aboard, one-zero, you should find a lot of friends here.

I was in PR the same time as you.

TR

Kyobanim
08-21-2005, 16:13
Welcome One-Zero

blackkn
08-22-2005, 07:37
I have just came across this forum and would like to lurk and possible receive intel on a few questions as they may arise.

I am currently in the process of trying to re-enlist in the kyANG.To possible be a combat medic or as I was infromed it is now a Health care spec.

Sanwald
08-22-2005, 07:47
Found the site today and thought I'd join to keep in touch with the community. I also need some intelligent conversation with the only true professionals.

blain2
08-22-2005, 14:24
From Durahm, NC. Have been an avid reader of all things related to special forces (interested in it only from a scholarly perspective).

Great site. Simply here to learn. Not planning on asking stupid questions. ;)

Best regards

Roguish Lawyer
08-22-2005, 14:40
From Durahm, NC. Have been an avid reader of all things related to special forces (interested in it only from a scholarly perspective).

Great site. Simply here to learn. Not planning on asking stupid questions. ;)

Best regards

Please fill out your profile. Thanks.

bluebb
08-22-2005, 21:44
How do i load up an avatar?

Blue

NousDefionsDoc
08-23-2005, 07:39
How do i load up an avatar?

Blue
You contribute meaningful, well thought-out posts of equitable benefit to all.

NousDefionsDoc
08-23-2005, 07:46
Welcome one-zero and all.

blackkn, nice new name.... ;)

bluebb
08-23-2005, 17:52
Ahh, so you have to earn it.

rcneid
08-23-2005, 19:47
Howdy all,

Operating on the principle that you guys have a right to know who's lurking about, thought I'd go ahead and introduce myself. Not much to tell, I'm afraid, simply a guy 'bout to be fresh out of college and figuring out his career path.

For the record, I've found the information you QPs have taken the time to post to be nothing short of invaluable. Thanks much for doing so.

Maisy
08-24-2005, 07:10
Hi from Down Under,

Just wanted to intro myself, I am an XX from Oz, been lurking for a bit, thought I would do the polite thing and let you all know who I am.

No military creds, Dad served as a call-up for Vietnam, but thankfully the war ended before he was posted, so he just has some great basic training stories to share...;-)

I am very much an interested observer though, I hold what you all do in the highest regard. You probably won't see me posting much, unless it's to hold up the side against all that testosterone poisoning, but since FrontSight and Michelle seem to have that covered nicely... :D

Team Sergeant
08-24-2005, 07:11
Ahh, so you have to earn it.

Unless you're a past or present member of the Special Forces, then you've already earned it. ;)

TS

Huey14
08-24-2005, 07:55
Hi from Down Under,

Just wanted to intro myself, I am an XX from Oz, been lurking for a bit, thought I would do the polite thing and let you all know who I am.

No military creds, Dad served as a call-up for Vietnam, but thankfully the war ended before he was posted, so he just has some great basic training stories to share...;-)

I am very much an interested observer though, I hold what you all do in the highest regard. You probably won't see me posting much, unless it's to hold up the side against all that testosterone poisoning, but since FrontSight and Michelle seem to have that covered nicely... :D

Haha, an Aussie chick should inject some fire into this place quite nicely :D I pissed off an Aussie woman once- never bloody again LOL. :D

Welcome aboard, ma'am.

q82
08-24-2005, 11:29
Former 11Bravo from Bravo co. 3/505th PIR,82nd Airborne Div.
British R.U.E. 2000, C Coy 3Para
Afghanistan 2002, Kandahar,Stormy,Orgun-E
Iraq 2003-2004, MEK,Mahmudiya

Been Lurking, thought its time for me to post my introduction.

Currently in SoCAl. Have some friends in Group and they keep encouraging me to join them. I was recommended to this site by one of them. Thanks for having me.

Gordon
08-24-2005, 15:52
Hello everyone, I was referred to this site as a good source of information. I would like to learn as much as I can before graduating the Q course.

Currently I am in SFMS, "drinking from the firehose" as they say, for this first six week portion. So far things have been going well and I intend to keep them that way, so it may be some time before I get a chance to go through the fourms as much as I would like to. That being said Chapter 9 needs some special attention tonight... (The Nervous System)

kljw
08-24-2005, 16:34
To introduce myself, I am a mother of a SF recruit. I am interested in supporting my son throughout his trainging. He is in basic right now. I was also in the Army so I know a little about military life. I also know that SF is a lot different and I have much to learn.

Thanks for allowing me to join.

Kris W

Kyobanim
08-24-2005, 18:14
Welcome all

NousDefionsDoc
08-24-2005, 18:15
Welcome Kris,
If you will PM me his name, I'll make sure he is appropriately welcomed upon his arrival at Our House. Or if you prefer, The Reaper can assist.

Welcome to all.

Gordon,
Get your ass of the internet and bury your face in that book. I wouldn't have a Medic on my Team that didn't know everything there is to know about "The Nervous System".

Welcome aboard Brother bluebb.

"Huey and Maisy sittin' in a tree....."

Maisy
08-24-2005, 18:20
Haha, an Aussie chick should inject some fire into this place quite nicely I pissed off an Aussie woman once- never bloody again LOL

And here I thought it was well known the world over that Aussie chicks are the epitome of graciousness, gentleness and patience - especially with men.. ;)

Fire? I don't quite know what you would be referring to *innocent look*:)

Pvt.Tentpeg
08-24-2005, 20:11
Allow myself to introduce.......myself, Pvt. Tentpeg reporting as ordered.

Questions?
08-24-2005, 22:17
Good day all.

Am an old, broken down rubber hose operator who likes to listen to how the next generation is approaching the craft.

Probably will be just monitoring traffic.

Roguish Lawyer
08-25-2005, 11:21
Good day all.

Am an old, broken down rubber hose operator who likes to listen to how the next generation is approaching the craft.

Probably will be just monitoring traffic.

Welcome, Counsel. I believe you are the first criminal lawyer to register on the site. Good, now you can answer those questions. LOL

stakk4
08-25-2005, 12:09
Hey all!

I'm currently stationed at Ft Bragg with the 126th Finance BN (I know, I know, POG Central.) I'm getting the waiver for early promotion to E-4 next month. I'll be training my fardiging arse off for a few more months, and hopefully go to Selection in maybe Jan or Feb. I have 2 kids, and a wife who is very encouraging of my goals. My cousin came in as an 18x, and just finished the pipeline for Commo SGT, and left for 5th Group. He had nothing but praise for the training, especially SERE. With a lot of hard work, I'm confident you'll be able to put a Quiet Professional tag on my name in a year or two. Thanks in advance for sharing knowledge.

S

Pvt.Tentpeg
08-25-2005, 16:16
Allow myself to introduce....myself....again. I was a little busy last night and didn't have time to write up a decent post. Anyways, "Q" course early 90's as a 18C, 18F in the late 90's when it was ANCOC/O&I. Some other stuff in between then and now.

schutzhund73
08-25-2005, 17:45
Good evening everyone,

Taking this time now to introduce myself. I work for the Department of Corrections (NC) and I live near Fayetteville, NC.

I am not military affiliated; however, I do have a good friend who is SF and currently deployed overseas.

I want to take this opportunity to thank each and everyone of you for your service to our great country.

ps I hope I posted right :)

Pete
08-25-2005, 20:15
Welcome, Counsel. I believe you are the first criminal lawyer to register on the site. Good, now you can answer those questions. LOL

First Criminal Lawyer?? Are they not all??? :D

Once again I'm far too late in giving a warm welcome to the new guys. To all welcome.

Pete

CoLawman
08-25-2005, 22:46
Schutzhund:

Is your name somehow connected to that particular brand of K9?

sevndaythry
08-26-2005, 14:16
New to the forums, my name is Jacob. You probably wont see any posts from me for a while, but ill be here. I'm a college student at University of South Alabama, and a part time gas station clerk in Pensacola FL where i live. Other than the two listed things I don't do much else.

Have a good one, and be safe.

schutzhund73
08-26-2005, 14:32
Hi Colawman,

I used to be heavily involved in schutzhund (as a sport). Schutzhund isn't a breed of dogs per se, but is a type of training that leads to "the total dog" one that can protect, track, and perform obedience. Schutzhund translates to protection dog.

Currently my work schedule doesn't afford me a lot of time to train my dogs. I have/had belgian malinois and german shepherds. PM me privately if you'd like more info as I'm not sure this is the correct format and I'd really like to remain in good standing with the QP's.

J

jester_2005
08-26-2005, 20:12
Hey guys...i'm new to forum, but not new to the army. i've been serving for 6 1/2 yrs. I'm a electrician/avionics repair mech. for 58D in the 2/17th Cav at Ft.Campbell, KY.

I've always wanted to be an operated. My uncle is stationed at JFK school from what the family has said.

I'll be going back to Iraq in about a week for my second tour, and plan on spending alot of that time working out and getting back into shape.

TWK
08-27-2005, 06:10
Hi
my name is Thomas, I served for the 10th and least for 1st as 18A. Now stay at germany. So hi to all and thx for "to let me in without order" :D

Bill Harsey
08-27-2005, 07:28
Welcome aboard all.
Good to see lot's of new folks here.

Team Sergeant
08-27-2005, 14:35
Hi
my name is Thomas, I served for the 10th and least for 1st as 18A. Now stay at germany. So hi to all and thx for "to let me in without order" :D

Thomas,

You served "for" the 10th as a 18A?
Do you also have the 18G identifier?

Team Sergeant

Sanwald
08-27-2005, 23:55
Hey all. Thought I'd introduce myself again. Got my profile squared away (I'll figure computers out one day) so I can post legally now. Anyway, I'm retired and enjoying my life in Germany. My last assignment was with 2/10 at Ft Carson. Not a bad place, but working in battalion is not fun. I always said I'd stop doing it if it stopped being fun. So I did.

NousDefionsDoc
08-28-2005, 07:32
Welcome aboard. Sanwald, please check your private messages.

soldierboy3502
08-28-2005, 21:30
First off, I apologize for that first post but the profile has been filled and here's a lil info on me.

Graduated 2000 , joined the Border Patrol and the Texas NG where I was an MP until January 2002 and I reclassed to 11B and ended up at Ft Campbell, 502IN. Just reenlisted for another 3 yrs and I will be doing my 2nd tour of duty in Iraq fairly soon. I hope to learn alot form you guys and I finally learned this is the place where my buddy picked up a few nw tricks. Thanks for the info!!

STRIKE! :lifter

NousDefionsDoc
08-28-2005, 21:38
Welcome aboard

Smokin Joe
08-28-2005, 22:49
Welcome all

SF0
08-29-2005, 01:29
Been reading and observing socnetcentral's forums and the mother site for about five months now. Was recommended reading by my sister, who is now in the USN. Both my father and grandfather served in the USN as well, and I am surprised my father has no problems with my goals regarding the Army. I've seen professionalsoldiers.com referred to numerous times over at socnet, and read good things, so with it being dedicated to the Special Forces, I thought it would be a good idea to come and read these as well.

I'm twenty three years old, and currently preparing for enlistment, SOPC, and SFAS, while working full time to take care of my remaining responsibilities so I have nothing to worry about financially and personally when the time comes. Planning on enlisting some time in Feb or March. I am currently training alone, but would be very welcome to a SOF soldier mentor in the Tempe/Phx area. I don't have much money in return for mentoring, but I would do what I can.

I appreciate every piece of information and experiences extended by you gentlemen (and ladies). Without forums like these, and Major Joe Martin and MSgt Rex Dodson's prep book, the path ahead of me could be a much rougher trek.

This may not be much coming from a young ignorant civilian, but thank you all for your services and valour for our country, and I hope to have the chance to serve along side of warriors like yourselves.

Smokin Joe
08-29-2005, 01:43
I am currently training alone, but would be very welcome to a SOF soldier mentor in the Tempe/Phx area. I don't have much money in return for mentoring, but I would do what I can.

Welcome aboard.

Man I hope you are a PT stud; because the Gentlemen in the Phoenix area who may (or may not) mentor will have some pretty high standards for you. :cool:

Good Luck SF0

PACE
08-29-2005, 06:37
Making my introductions as required.
Normally pretty quiet.
Good luck with your site.

Team Sergeant
08-29-2005, 09:24
I am currently training alone, but would be very welcome to a SOF soldier mentor in the Tempe/Phx area. I don't have much money in return for mentoring, but I would do what I can.

Welcome.

Go here and read, get the book and follow its instructions.

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7229

Good Luck

Team Sergeant

SF0
08-29-2005, 10:35
Welcome.

Go here and read, get the book and follow its instructions.

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7229

Good Luck

Team Sergeant

Thank you, sir. I purchased Get Selected about a month ago, and read through it. I am following it as closely as possible, time and money permitting.

SF0
08-29-2005, 10:52
Welcome aboard.

Man I hope you are a PT stud; because the Gentlemen in the Phoenix area who may (or may not) mentor will have some pretty high standards for you. :cool:

Good Luck SF0

Thank you!

AGaillard
08-29-2005, 14:21
Greetings all, I have been reading for a few days and decided to quit being rude, register and introduce myself. The profile is filled out, but would be happy to elaborate if needed. I have already found useful information here, and I look forward to continued learning. A sincere thank you to all the Quiet Professionals for sharing and serving.

Andy Gaillard

medic/ff
08-29-2005, 15:11
I've been looking at the military as a career change and the Army SF looks like a great challenge. Lots of great info on this site.

Thanks to the ones already serving our country!

Ben

STERVO
08-29-2005, 16:59
Hello Y'all:
I got a hot tip to check in here before bad things started happening (thanks Sugicalcric)(also thanks fusion94-- no worries, hope you got yer coffee).

So I'm a 29 year old enlisting in SF this winter if all goes well. Have been training all summer and recently bought/read "Get Selected" and am excited to have a shot at the best job in the world.

I'm really hoping to learn alot here and get some solid answers to some questions I have. I already posted one re: my age. Please, if you have any counsel...

My thanks and respect,
Stervo

fusion94
08-29-2005, 17:51
Welcome Stervo....yes I'm properly caffeinated now. Only took a few pots.

kw1
08-29-2005, 19:27
Just registered - I'm looking into enlisting 18x, just searching the net for relevant information. Look forward to reading some relevant stuff.

Thanks

NousDefionsDoc
08-29-2005, 19:46
Welcome.

Make sure you read. Everything.

Morumbi97
08-30-2005, 10:11
This is not my first post - my apology for not following instructions. Knocking out 25 for each infraction :lifter I will exercise better situational/operational awareness.

I heard about PS from other spec ops forums and a friend/QP from the 19th SFG. Thanks to all the QP's on this site for your help and service here and to this great country. It's an honor and privilege to be permitted / tolerated here.

I purchased "How to Get Selected" and have a couple of mentors. Back to reading (everything) and PT. Looking forward to contributing when appropriate.

- Mike

Scorpion6
08-30-2005, 11:17
My Name is SGT Bernard, currently with the Psyop Co in San Diego. I am out and about supporting the WOT. Going to try and transfer to 19th group when i get home. Been in for a little under 4 years with this unit, attended airborne, DLI for Chinese and some other misc courses and schools. On the civilian side I am just taking college courses.

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum".

Bill Harsey
08-30-2005, 11:33
Welcome aboard all.

Thank you for checking in here.

Specat572
08-30-2005, 13:07
Gentelmen,

This would be my first time to the site and it is an honor to have been invited and vetted by the Nations Elite. I would like to introduce myself, My name is Greg. I am a former Green Beret with 5th SFG(A), 11B and 11C with the 82nd and 75th RGR. Currently, I do the same work that I did as an 18 series and then some. I am based out of Phoenix, AZ now mainly because this is the location of the company myself and 9 other former Green Berets have set up.
Anyway, I look forward to checking out the site daily now and hearing from past and present operators. Stay safe.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER
Greg

Sally
08-30-2005, 21:51
Hello~

I'm am very glad to have found this website and thank each of you personally for contributing to its excellence!

Now, I'll 'do my best' not to disrupt that...lol.

Over the last couple of years I’ve been training in mixed martial arts and Kali.

Being around great instructors and other students has encouraged me to seek my place in the Army.

I’m fit and healthy now and simply refuse to let this opportunity pass.

Blessings,

Kairos

NousDefionsDoc
08-30-2005, 21:59
Welcome aboard.

Welcome Brother Greg.

Enjoy the board.

sharkmanII
08-31-2005, 09:59
Hello brothers. Just found this place and wanted to see who hangs out in this AO. I'm a retired 5th GRP "bubble blower". Holler at me.

NousDefionsDoc
08-31-2005, 15:44
Welcome Brother Sharkman

Jack Moroney (RIP)
08-31-2005, 18:45
Welcome Sharkman

Doc
08-31-2005, 20:30
Welcome aboard Folks.

Iraqninja
08-31-2005, 23:23
Greetings from the Green Zone,

I am a former Army Ranger, currently doing PSD work in Baghdad. Been here for 18 months now. I feel lucky to be here and do my part, and lucky in many ways to still be in one piece :o.

I have met many former SF dudes working over here, including an ex SF medic named "Sean" ( I think) who helped patch me up back in July of 2004 up near Mosul. I have been trying to find him to thank him for the help. He was working at a Iraqi army base called Al Kisik We rolled in with a bunch of shot up guys and he took care of us until the choppers arrived. Anyhow, I just wanted to let him know that everyone made it ok.

I was lucky to attend the phase 2 SF 12B course way back in 1981 and managed to graduate, but that was all the 2nd Ranger Bn. would allow me to attend. Have things changed much since then? ;) .

I also attended SOT school out at Mott Lake in 1979.

Oh, I would like to someday get back in contact with my old Ranger buddy from Ranger school named Jim Clarey (Clary?) who was a 12B in 5th Group I think, an E-7 around 1982 so he might be out now...

Great forum!

rtalaska
09-01-2005, 07:42
Hello all.

Im Jim Hollingsworth. My father Gary L. Hollingsworth served with SF in Okinawa, Thailand and then in Vietnam with CCN (RT Alaska, 1971) where he was KIA while on patrol. He was lost with Dale Dehnke (KIA) and Danny Entrican (MIA). I am collecting information on these men as well as trying to make connections with people who may have served with them over their short SF careers.

I am a life member of SOA and have met many wonderful people whom I still keep in touch with. Any information or questions can be directed to rtalaska@jimhollingsworth.com. Pictures of Gary, Dale and Danny can also be found on www.jimhollingsworth.com.

Regards.

Jim Hollingsworth

Archer
09-02-2005, 01:00
Hello folks,

I stumbled across this site on a google search for Dan Shungle (RIP).
I originally missed where to put my introductory post. I retired in 1998 as a 180 and spent most of my time in Asia.

Although I'm old and broke, after 9/11 I volunteered my services where ever they could be used. after depaarting from my family for two and a half years, I took a job instructing on the west coast.

I do what i can to support the effort, and support the community.

Mark Archer

Bill Harsey
09-02-2005, 08:07
Welcome aboard Guys,
You are among friends here.

The Reaper
09-02-2005, 10:47
Welcome Gents!

TR

one-zero
09-02-2005, 11:50
Hey Partner, see you're in N.VA...Drop me a PM and maybe we can link-up. Quite a few guys who in the AO who ride scoots when we're around. Got a good mix of SF/SEALs both active and retired...
One-Zero

hemi5p
09-02-2005, 18:27
I'm new here, my name is Philip C. Learned II, I'm 16 3/4 years old and Sept. 8th I'll be starting my junior year in highschool (after which I plan on joining the Army in the DEP with an 18x), I've been obsessed with the military for a really long time now, some bad things happened in my life and gathering military info/dreaming of specops and computers became my two obsessions

I'm here to try and get information about US Special Forces and what I can do to increase my odds of making it onto an A-team

I workout daily and run, I've got work to do on myself as far as physically preparing, but I'm getting there, my upper body strength is much better than my lower body strength and my running is just pathetic, as is my swimming, as of now I ace the situp and pushups sections of the APFT, but i hardly even get a single point on the running, which drives me insane, my legs and body are going through the "toughening phase" with all this running I've been doing, at least according to my workout docs (the ones provided by the Army for SF hopefuls)

I guess I don't have much else to say other than I'm just a wannabee here who wants an 18x and SF and is willing to make it happen

I think dinners digested, I'm gonna go run now, I just figured I'd post my info and introduce myself here so I don't act like an idiot and post because I'd forgotten to do it

edit: ah, don't hide it Hemi, face the weakness, own it, destroy it!

MY 2 MILE RUNE TIME IS 21 MINUTES! as soon as I can get my run time down to 13 and get decent at swimming I should be gravy for OSUT/AIT and Jumpschool, as far as my fitness is concerned

but I'm not there yet, now turn off your rage against the machine and run your sorry ass! (me talking to me, i do it a lot)

NousDefionsDoc
09-02-2005, 19:19
I'm new here, my name is Philip C. Learned II, I'm 16 3/4 years old and Sept. 8th I'll be starting my junior year in highschool (after which I plan on joining the Army in the DEP with an 18x), I've been obsessed with the military for a really long time now, some bad things happened in my life and gathering military info/dreaming of specops and computers became my two obsessions

I'm here to try and get information about US Special Forces and what I can do to increase my odds of making it onto an A-team

I workout daily and run, I've got work to do on myself as far as physically preparing, but I'm getting there, my upper body strength is much better than my lower body strength and my running is just pathetic, as is my swimming, as of now I ace the situp and pushups sections of the APFT, but i hardly even get a single point on the running, which drives me insane, my legs and body are going through the "toughening phase" with all this running I've been doing, at least according to my workout docs (the ones provided by the Army for SF hopefuls)

I guess I don't have much else to say other than I'm just a wannabee here who wants an 18x and SF and is willing to make it happen

I think dinners digested, I'm gonna go run now, I just figured I'd post my info and introduce myself here so I don't act like an idiot and post because I'd forgotten to do it

edit: ah, don't hide it Hemi, face the weakness, own it, destroy it!

MY 2 MILE RUNE TIME IS 21 MINUTES! as soon as I can get my run time down to 13 and get decent at swimming I should be gravy for OSUT/AIT and Jumpschool, as far as my fitness is concerned

but I'm not there yet, now turn off your rage against the machine and run your sorry ass! (me talking to me, i do it a lot)

You're scaring me. First of all, its ok to talk to yourself, until you start answering yourself. You sound like you're about there. Keep working on your physical conditioning - it does a body good. But don't worry too much about next year. You're almost 17, you should be studying, playing sports, enjoying your youth and trying to get laid as much as possible.

Don't worry about SF for now. The war will still be going when you're 20. And if not, we'll start another one for you.

HOLLiS
09-02-2005, 20:05
Hemi, It is good to meet you. My son is a little younger than you. I am not SF, but a Marine.

NDD gave you some great advice. Be who you are, find who you are and be the best you can be. Enjoy life and all the travels it will give you. I have a very good friend who is in Q, I very much respect SF and the people who are in it.

It just gets better, I am very honored to have served and especially honored to have been able to know those who have served. They have made a great difference and demonstrated the greatness that lies inside a person. I don't think you will meet any greater Americans anywhere than those who have served. Our country is Great and will survived as long as we have people willing to do what it takes to make this country great.

I hope you find that deep inside yourself lies the greatest power a person can harness. I wish you the best. From what I know, SF will bring out the best in you, your deepest strengths and give you a very rich life.

Semper Fi,

hemi5p
09-02-2005, 21:03
Thanks for the kind reception, it's nice to meet both of you

"You're scaring me. First of all, its ok to talk to yourself, until you start answering yourself. You sound like you're about there. Keep working on your physical conditioning - it does a body good. But don't worry too much about next year. You're almost 17, you should be studying, playing sports, enjoying your youth and trying to get laid as much as possible.

Don't worry about SF for now. The war will still be going when you're 20. And if not, we'll start another one for you.'

NDD that's music to my ears, in a very greedy way, I want to go fight, I don't really know how to describe it, I just have a real cool feeling that runs through me sometimes, like I can swear I'm supposed to do it, I look at all the kids in the school who want money money money and cars and "what job will give me the most money?" and i just think to myself, "how... I... well, I don't have the authority to judge how they live, but I sure as hell can't understand how that would bring satisfaction and meaning to a persons life..."

oh and sorry about the being weird there, I won't do that again, btw i got 20 minutes but i feel much, much better, the only thing slowing me down was a painful cramp right under the right side of my ribcage (and me not trying harder), i was being stupid my first few days and declaring myself tired as soon as my legs started hurting a bit, this time when it happened I said "legs hurt, youre tired, and youre not even 1/4 the way done with your first mile... and you want to be SF? you're joking" then i said to myself "well actually, my breathing is fine, it's not all huffy-puffy, my legs are just sore..." and i did way better

going in with a negative attitude can make things seem worse, I can't believe I didn't have that thought process 2 months ago when i was able to run 3 miles in 23 minutes, "your legs hurt, you're tired now", PFFT! I probly did that a whole lot and never knew it

interesting

holly you're, I don't know, I dont know how to respond to your post really, that sounds weird, I guess I want to say as a Marine you're far from an average joe yourself, I remember reading that the Marine Corps gets 9% of the total military funding but makes up 30% of it's firepower, "Every Marine a rifleman" is a very true statement

oh yeah and NDD your signature is amazingly true (and moving to people with a green-civvy-kid thought process), when I read it I pictured a skinny african guerilla in the congo with an AK-47 in his hands, red and white checkered bandana around his neck, and those skinny, muscly looking forearms that skinny people have when they do physically demanding things, you know, how when they move their fingers you can see their forearm tendons move and stuff, and he had frag nades in his webbing, sitting there covered in sweat hiding behind a tree ready to jump out and shoot at a group of four SF guys guarding natives as they collected firewood

Sorry if the long posts are bugging you, I'm new so I'm rambling because I talk a lot when I'm uncomfortable to break the ice

by the way, The Reaper scares me, his gray hero-ey picture of John Wayne and some of the posts I was reading before I made my account made me unsure of whether or not wannabees are allowed to post here

I guess they are though, I hope I can get my 18x so I can officially think of myself as a hopeful, not a wannabee

ah yeah, I also wanted to compliment you all on first the website, the websites color scheme is really bad-ass, and second on your movies section! those movies are amazing! I'm starved for information, I can never have enough, I saw those movies and I was like "400 megs! 400 megs = large size! large size = long length! long length = more information! goldmine!" ah yes, in case you're wondering, my preferred 18X MOS is 18B, weapons sergeant, although I can see myself as a communications sergeant as I have some basic computer skills (if they needed me there), and I'll hopefully be learning French when I get to the language teaching, seeing as I'm entering French 4 this year in highschool (of course I could pick a different language then be bi-lingual, + get-my-point-across french)

hope to see you on the forums, Hemi

The Reaper
09-02-2005, 21:29
Hemi:

Slow down, relax, and take a deep breath.

You seem to be confused with your distances and times. While not good enough, 3 miles in 23 minutes is a lot better than 2 miles in 21 minutes. Attention to detail is important here and in SF.

Read more and keep the posts shorter. Wait till someone asks you before giving your life's history. You will learn more here, as in most places in life, with your mouth closed.

Remember what the Duke said: "Talk low, talk slow, and don't talk too much."

AztecSN95
09-04-2005, 06:57
Hey All...
I was just told about this site from another guy on AKO who is leaving with me in Oct for Benning for BCT/AIT/Airborne. I'm also in the 18X program, and really just wanted to introduce myself. Pretty much the same info I gave him:
I'm 21, and I went to school at Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas. Nonpractical classroom banter that has no hands on application wasn't for me, so I moved on. I've been a personal trainer for 3 1/2 years, and I'm trying to stay nice and plump before I leave for basic. Currently I'm right at 5'11", 208lbs, around 11% body fat.

Currently I'm on an endurance program with weightlifting, since I've already got the size and burst strength that I feel will be an asset. Currently my sister and I are running on average 4 days a weeks for distance, and 2 days a week for some sprint and burst strength work. I'm swimming 4 days a week, and lifting approximately 6 (it's nice to train for something this hardcore since I've stopped working. I'm worried about going broke prior to leaving though :)).

Uh, so yeah. What's up guys? As I said, I'm from Texas now residing in Florida until I ship.

The Reaper
09-04-2005, 08:18
Aztec, you have not filled in your profile, and you appear to be working on the wrong physical attributes.

The heavier guys do not fare as well at SFAS as the skinny guys with endurance.

If you do not follow the prep instructions with running and rucking, you will not last the first week at CMK.

Good luck, and read the stickies and intros before posting again.

TR

AztecSN95
09-04-2005, 12:18
Reaper, I will gladly read through all of the introduction material and take advantage of whatever info you guys can offer. I also however have a suggestion in regards to you reading - I stated that I know my size is a problem and that I'm working on endurance now. I have roughly 2 months to train strictly for that aspect. I'm completely comfortable with my burst strength - it's the muscular endurance that I've been trying to condition and work on prior to my signing. Thus, my suggestion would be to read and comprehend what I'm saying such as, "currently my sister and I are running on average 4 days a weeks for distance, and 2 days a week for some sprint and burst strength work. I'm swimming 4 days a week, and lifting approximately 6," which in itself is example enough that I'm WORKING on endurance. I'm trying to stay thick so I have room to work with. I'd rather end basic at 185-190lbs and in GOOD shape, rather than 165-170 and a scrawny piece of shit.

To each his own, though. We'll see when the time comes how long I last. I don't plan on washing out, chief.

The Reaper
09-04-2005, 12:37
Reaper, I will gladly read through all of the introduction material and take advantage of whatever info you guys can offer. I also however have a suggestion in regards to you reading - I stated that I know my size is a problem and that I'm working on endurance now. I have roughly 2 months to train strictly for that aspect. I'm completely comfortable with my burst strength - it's the muscular endurance that I've been trying to condition and work on prior to my signing. Thus, my suggestion would be to read and comprehend what I'm saying such as, "currently my sister and I are running on average 4 days a weeks for distance, and 2 days a week for some sprint and burst strength work. I'm swimming 4 days a week, and lifting approximately 6," which in itself is example enough that I'm WORKING on endurance. I'm trying to stay thick so I have room to work with. I'd rather end basic at 185-190lbs and in GOOD shape, rather than 165-170 and a scrawny piece of shit.

To each his own, though. We'll see when the time comes how long I last. I don't plan on washing out, chief.

Kid, I went through the SFQC before you were born and just finished four years at the SF Schoolhouse.

I have seen almost every class for the past several years. I think that my comments to you are based upon valid experience, but you are free to choose any conditioning program that you want, including none at all.

Now, you can keep your comments about what I should do to yourself, or find somewhere else to post. My reading and comprehension is probably significantly better than yours, especially given your comportment thus far here. This is our board, not yours. If you had read the posts and advice that I directed you to, you would know who is who here and how to start your tenure on this site. HINT: The way you are approaching it will result in you not posting here much longer.

I am not "Chief", BTW, and you need to check the attitude, right now. No one comes to the SF Pipeline intending to wash out. Many do, regardless of their intent. The rate is significantly higher among those who lip off, lack SA, fail to follow instructions, and do not prepare themselves properly.

Have a very SF day.

TR

AztecSN95
09-04-2005, 12:42
Roger that, sir.

Monsoon65
09-04-2005, 15:02
Ambush Master pointed out the fact I failed to read all the stickies when I registered for this board.

Anyway, I'm Jeff Flint. I work as a postal worker in Harrisburg, PA. I was on active duty with the Air Force for 10 years, then switched to the PA ANG and now flying with the 193 Special Operations Wing as an ECS (Electronic Communications Section) member.

I stumbled across this site by accident. I was given a MOLLE ruck by a friend, and trying to figure it out! It's different than the ALICE I'm use to (have a med that I've owned and used for years), that's for sure.

I'm sure that I'll enjoy my stay here.

Team Sergeant
09-04-2005, 15:08
rather than 165-170 and a scrawny piece of shit. I don't plan on washing out, chief.

Funny that is what I weighed going through SF training and still do.

Aztec
I'd be careful with your mouth/attitude, physical strength alone will not see you through Special Forces training.

Your size means nothing on todays battlefield, nothing.

Your learning curve is about to become very steep....

Team Sergeant

AztecSN95
09-04-2005, 16:31
Funny that is what I weighed going through SF training and still do.

Aztec
I'd be careful with your mouth/attitude, physical strength alone will not see you through Special Forces training.

Your size means nothing on todays battlefield, nothing.

Your learning curve is about to become very steep....

Team Sergeant

Well, at least it looks like lots of people will know me once I get to Camp Mackall.
Thank you for the heads up. That's another thing I suppose I should work on prior to shipping, eh?

The Reaper
09-04-2005, 16:58
Well, at least it looks like lots of people will know me once I get to Camp Mackall.
Thank you for the heads up. That's another thing I suppose I should work on prior to shipping, eh?

Not sure that you can.

We can make people stronger, faster, better shooters, foreign language speakers, technical experts, and better educated at a lot of things, but we cannot make people smarter, more ethical, or change their personalities.

Just my observation, but you seem to step into a situation with guns blazing and be inclined to open your mouth and smart off with people that you do not know (but should prior to talking). That will also get you in a bind with your fellow students and they will remember that on their peer reports. There is always someone watching.

Not saying that you can't try to change, but those habits you are displaying here will get you non-selected and/or booted off a team. I have known several guys who had very little team time and found their rucks in the hall with a note saying to report to the B Team.

Just my .02.

TR

Ambush Master
09-04-2005, 16:59

If you think that that is a good thing, you will be fun to WATCH !!! You have no idea, you'd better start learning how to focus on the 25M Target, keep your mouth shut and your head down.

Later
Martin

AztecSN95
09-04-2005, 17:27
here, I suppose this will work better:

<sarcasm>"insert remarks here"</sarcasm>

I was joking about people at Mackall knowing me. . .should have made that more obvious.

Look, I didn't realize that this board was so damn serious all of the time. Regardless of who you are or what your rank may be, I think everyone is capable of taking things with a grain of salt...especially on a forum on the NET. I have no stripes on my arm yet, and I haven't even been sworn in as a soldier in the Army (other than DEP), so give me a break. Christ, if everything on the internet is taken with this much bland "watch your mouth" negativity, I'm sure I'll have a field day keeping myself entertained WAY before you guys even get ahold of me. Hooray for that...

NousDefionsDoc
09-04-2005, 17:41
ENOUGH!

We don't owe or give anybody a break. You are trying to join our home, both on the NET and in REAL LIFE. You came to us asking to be allowed the opportunity to earn your way in - we didn't come begging to you.

As in so many times in life, you are at a crossroads - you have a decision to make.

1. You can apologize to The Reaper, my Team Leader when you were two years old and learning to wipe your own ass, and do what he says, stay here and maybe learn something that will help you through the trials ahead (and maybe even save your life).

2. You can not or even smart ass off again. In which case I will ban your ass and you can take it on down the road.

I don't really give a shit either way, as personally I am convinced you are too stupid to be in SF. Some others appear to want to give you a chance. Fine, I can wait a full 30 seconds.

By the way, most of the hardest dudes I ever knew on a Team weighed that or less. The day I graduated the Q Course, I weighed 170 lbs, ate concertina like spaghetti and shit 60-penny nails - and when I got to my first Team I had to work like a dog just to keep up. Mark Demo Dude weighed about 140 with sand in his pockets and wet boots and he could ruck you into the ground - while smoking a cigarette.

It ain't the size of the dog in the fight...and no one is going to require you to curl your rucksack.

You PT however you want and take your chances. I doubt anybody here will try to help you again after that last "Thank you." But you will apologize for your attitude or you will be gone from this board.

Smokin Joe
09-04-2005, 17:41

I was joking about people at Mackall knowing me. . .should have made that more obvious.

Look, I didn't realize that this board was so damn serious all of the time. Regardless of who you are or what your rank may be, I think everyone is capable of taking things with a grain of salt...especially on a forum on the NET. I have no stripes on my arm yet, and I haven't even been sworn in as a soldier in the Army (other than DEP), so give me a break. Christ, if everything on the internet is taken with this much bland "watch your mouth" negativity, I'm sure I'll have a field day keeping myself entertained WAY before you guys even get ahold of me. Hooray for that...

Its called Professionalism.

Look at your monitor do you see those big words in the upper right hand corner that read Home of the "Quiet Professionals". There is a reason for that.

The Reaper
09-04-2005, 18:56
Some people take too much time to help.

That is why we teach triage.

I am seeing a lot of qualifiers in your efforts to explain/redeem yourself. You are drifting further into the "Expectant" category.

You may not be able to ruck, but if you ever make it to CMK, I bet that you will be extremely proficient at the Four Count Push-up.

TR

Jack Moroney (RIP)
09-04-2005, 19:25
[QUOTE=AztecSN95] I'm sure I'll have a field day keeping myself entertained WAY before you guys even get ahold of me. QUOTE]

No one is here to entertain you and you have been given some good advice so heed it. If you do not like the rules of the house then don't let the door hit you too hard on your butt when you exit. From what I have read to date, if your name ever crossed my desk when I was putting a unit together, you would not even make it through the door in the first place. You obviously have absolutely no clue as to what is going to be required from you as a Special Forces Soldier so do yourself a favor and stick to something that will fit your narcissistic goals.

Doc
09-04-2005, 20:59
A prime example why people fail right here.

AztecSN95, you need to apologize and start over.

AztecSN95
09-05-2005, 13:10
For those offended by any postings prior to this one, my remarks have been handled via PMs. For anyone else that has yet to post a response - the things I said should have been handled differently and in a private manner since they were taken as a personal attack on the contributing members of this forum and those not able to be here. For that there's no excuse.

To those that have offered advice both private and public, it will be put to good use. Thank you.

Bill Harsey
09-05-2005, 19:36

AztecSN95,
Your last post containing an apology has been read and noted however after reading your segment of the thread for the second time I feel compelled to respond for the sake of anyone else who may have an interest in how this forum works.
This website has nothing to do with watching your mouth and everything to do with engaging your brain. Anyone else posting here, read the front page of this website, these guys have more than earned the right to ask this simple thing. You will be repaid in ways you cannot count if you show this simple respect.
Any help and direction given by the Quiet Professionals is an act of generosity on their part. They do it to pass on knowledge to those who may be able to put it to good use.
One of the skills these men have learned over the years and in the most difficult manner possible is how to judge character and know who is worth spending time on and who isn't. They've seen this movie before and don't think you will succeed at playing them for chumps. This isn't a game and if it was they'd win, every time.
For those still reading this, do not piss off my friends which includes every QP who has answered AztecSN95 to date.
I'm just the knifemaker around here who grew up logging big timber in Oregon and working as a blacksmith afterwards because I wanted an easy job. Now all I do is hand shove steel and titanium in grinders.
About that size thing, If your under 250 lbs. I can grab your throat and lift you off your feet and squeeze your main airline until it collapses with one hand. If your over 250 lbs. I'm getting old and will have to use both hands to accomplish the same.
That said I wouldn't even begin to think about screwing with the Team Sergeant or any other QP no matter how lightly they tread upon the scales.
They are designed to win.
Pay close attention to what they have to say because it will only make you better..
Carry on.

bush_cheney04
09-06-2005, 11:22
I wanted to post my introduction, this is my first post on the site. I am a member of AirborneRANGER.com, ArmyRANGER.com and NavySEALs.com I just found this site from reading a post on AirborneRANGER.com so I figure I would come on over and sign up. I'm here because I'm looking forward to learning new things about SF. My stepuncle was SF, but my whole family is a military family. SF, or RANGER is a 2 dreams that I have, that I am going to achieve one day. Its so cool when I see a quiet professional walking around with a triple stack on his soldier. I am currently in high school, and I am on the wrestling team :lifter , and I may do cross crounty. One problem I have is my knowledge of people such as dumb**** Michael Moore :mad: , alot of people were I'm from tend to hate me when I talk of people like him, Al Sharpton, John Kerry, etc :eek: .......but I don't care, every single person in my 3 side, 50 member family voted for Bush, and say forget Michael Moore and his Liberal Punk friends. OK, well I got to get going. I like the site, its clean, and very well tooken care of. Thank the moderators for that. Ok, well y'all have a nice day and thinks for reading my intro, and thank y'all for all of your outstanding service to this wonderful nation of the USA.

gryphon
09-06-2005, 16:11
I've been lurking here for quite a while, long enough that my first posts were (I believe) before the "Introduce Yourself" Rule was instituted. Nonetheless, it seems appropriate to do so since I'm on post three, I think.

Firstly, I ought to thank the SF BTDT for having served our country and letting us hang out here in their house and sharing their knowledge. Thanks also to everyone else who has served and to everyone here who shares their knowledge, for the most part you have a great group here.

My name is Don Greenfield. I live in West Valley City Utah, which is in the Salt Lake Valley. I work as Database Admin/Coldfusion Developer/Perl coder (all on a pretty basic level) for a Major Credit Card Company. For fun I read books and computer screens, especially when I ought to be out PTing.

Beretverde
09-06-2005, 18:00
I'm a former 91B4s... later changed to 18D. Was with 10th, 11th, and 20th Groups. Glad to be on board.

Commo Dude
09-07-2005, 13:31
Well fellows, I just wanted to say hello. It will finally be good to hear some ideas and advice from people who know WTF they are talking about.

I am still in 19th, but am over in the box right now doing PSD work.

Got anything for me, just ask away and I'll try my best to help out. But I suspect that I am the low man on the rather large totem pole, so I'll probably be asking more than giving.

Watch your 6.

Kyobanim
09-07-2005, 13:38
Welcome All

NousDefionsDoc
09-07-2005, 14:28
Welcome

bush_cheney04
09-07-2005, 16:18
Thanks for the welcomes.

odu
09-07-2005, 16:48
I have been lurking for some time and felt it appropriate to introduce myself. I served previously in the big army and considered doing the "Bear" program and try out to join your ranks. I decided to get out and get my degree instead.

I feel I have a great deal that I can contribute and I decided it is time. I have received my reservation for the October 17th selection class. I come from a long line of military with a brother that served with the 75th Regiment in Ranger Recon.

My screen name is in reference to the university I graduated from. I am not familiar with all of the military acronyms so if it is out of line please let me know. I do not want to offend anyone.

Thank you for a great site.

Doc
09-07-2005, 17:30
Welcome aboard folks.

18C4V
09-07-2005, 17:48
Well fellows, I just wanted to say hello. It will finally be good to hear some ideas and advice from people who know WTF they are talking about.

I am still in 19th, but am over in the box right now doing PSD work.

Got anything for me, just ask away and I'll try my best to help out. But I suspect that I am the low man on the rather large totem pole, so I'll probably be asking more than giving.

Watch your 6.

I know you. PM sent to your in box.

fsamimi
09-08-2005, 23:12
I have been lurking for a while now and finally got around to writing my first post. I'm currently working in NYC. I'm at the tail end of 25 yrs old. I've met with NG recruiters for the 20th (Springfield, MA) and am seriously considering applying for the Rep 63.

I've been collecting as much information as possible from scattered sources on the web, including this site, in preparation for SFAS, etc. I've ordered "Get Selected For Special Forces" too, which should be a lot of help once it arrives. A major difficulty I'm having now is finding the time to fit in PT with my work schedule (which is ridiculously erratic and long) and a way to do rucksack marches in Central Park without scaring people (i.e., post-London bombings with an obviously heavy backpack in the middle of a city).

There is more info on my public profile.

Thank you for making this site!

GnP
09-09-2005, 01:58
First of all, nice site....vbulletin is well skinned, portal is slick....well done.

I am 25, about to finish college with a degree in IT with a networking concentration. I am considering an 18x enlistment after this semester. I have bought the "Get Selected for Special Forces" as well as a pair of boots and a Ruck. My dad was in SF and has somewhat told me what I am in for.

NousDefionsDoc
09-09-2005, 05:28
A major difficulty I'm having now is finding the time to fit in PT with my work schedule
Do you really want to make it? Do ya? Then you need to find a way to reverse that statement. Something along the lines of, "A major difficulty I'm having now is finding the time to fit in work with my PT schedule, so I quit my job and now I eat roadkill and live in a cave ( ;) JK, but not much)." Yes, it requires a certain amount of fanaticism. As for the ruck, try painting it pink and wear Speedos, but use a large ALICE. That should about do it for Central Park. If you need more camo, get one of those yappie little poodles and let him stick his head out the top. You could even paint him pink too. But watch him, I have it on good authority they can be vicious and have been known to lay traps.

GnP,
We'll pass your approving comments on to the Web Design and Blow Things Up Committee. Thank you for your kind words.

Welcome aboard all FNGs. Please make sure you read all the stickies.

Oh, and do have a very SF Day.

The Dude
09-09-2005, 05:32
Longtime lurker, first time poster.

Just been reading and looking for information about something I'm interested in possibly doing.

kgoerz
09-09-2005, 19:26
Great site
I was in 7th Group my entire time. Worked at SFARTEC, SOTIC and 7th Group SFAUC

NousDefionsDoc
09-09-2005, 19:32
Welcome aboard.

aad
09-10-2005, 01:22
hello all,

i have been interested in sf since i was a baby...am a recent college graduate. come from a family with a long history of distinguished military service and plan on carrying on the tradition. the only questions that remain is how and...well how. as of this moment i am evaluating my options and will make a decision no later than January. i may stick to lurking, but would like to thank all for the advice and information, because regardless of whether i go sf, non-sf, or another branch entirely, good skills are just that. thanks to all for these forums and all the information gained therein.

-Andrew.

CPTAUSRET
09-10-2005, 07:54
aad:

During your reading assignments in Psychology, did you ever come across the name Nancy Andreasen?

Just curious.

Terry

aad
09-10-2005, 23:35
aad:

During your reading assignments in Psychology, did you ever come across the name Nancy Andreasen?

Just curious.

Terry

The name isn't familiar, but that doesn't mean much. I spent most of my studies focusing on cognitive psych. and particularly focused on things like personality assessment and prediction.

What is her area of interest / what has she published? There is a good chance that among the millions of research articles I’ve read over the years, she has been buried somewhere along the way.

-Andrew.

CPTAUSRET
09-11-2005, 01:33
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ned=us&q=Nancy+Andreasen&btnmeta%3Dsearch%3Dsearch=Search+the+Web

Results 1 - 10 of about 104,000 for Nancy Andreasen. (0.04 seconds)

Stadu
09-12-2005, 01:28
Hello,

i am not in the military myself, but grew up in a military family and have had interest in SF ever since. I am interested in medical and survival issues, since i am a beleiver of "basics" that are increasingly disappearing... I have no great skill or knowledge in these fields, but i like to learn.....

Great Forum you guys have here, specially enjoy the "get to the point" attitude......a rarity in the net.

safeasmilk
09-12-2005, 11:04
Howdy.
I am an over 50 NON-VET.I don't intend to post much (bet you heard that before.)
just interested.
I have studied for the priesthood for 1 year at Divine Word Seminary. After 1 year I realized no way for the religious life.Been married 3 times,been in prison for 3 years,and all points in between.
Worked as an ordnance civilian for the Navy,done everything from paint houses to driving trucks.Also got a few college credits in between.As you can see,I have trouble staying the course.Not complaining,just telling the truth.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

CPTAUSRET
09-12-2005, 11:26
been in prison for 3 years,

You brought it up...Prison for three years, why?

Terry

Kyobanim
09-12-2005, 12:59
You brought it up...Prison for three years, why?

Terry

Been married 3 times

That might explain it :D

safeasmilk
09-12-2005, 13:40
I got drunk one night and since,being a civilian,had little self control,decided to shoot up a town nearby.Thank God no one got killed or hurt,but law enforcement did not take that as a positive.
Got sentenced to a mandatory 3 year bid in a state correctional facility.I learned my lesson on drinking and firearms but still working on the marriage lessons.

NousDefionsDoc
09-12-2005, 16:16
Gettin' drunk and shootin' up a town ain't much of a crime where I come from - must be a yankee.

sdave
09-12-2005, 16:31
Hello,

I am a college student and will be graduating in December. I recently signed, and I am now in DEP with an 18x contract. I am 23 years old and reside in Charlotte North Carolina. I'm here to learn and hopefully increase my chances of success.

I would also like to thank the administrators of this site for the invaluable resource.

-David

safeasmilk
09-12-2005, 20:06
Gettin' drunk and shootin' up a town ain't much of a crime where I come from - must be a yankee.
I am a Southener,born in the Republic of Texas.
Did the deed (and the time) in NJ.Hell,they would have kicked my ass for not hitting anyone,taken my guns,and fined me if it happened in Texas.
I did my time ,have no problem telling my story.But,it's a funny thing...NOBODY asks about the Seminary..........

Bill Harsey
09-12-2005, 22:23
I am a Southener,sir,born in the Republic of Texas.
Did the deed (and the time) in NJ.Hell,they would have kicked my ass for not hitting anyone,taken my guns,and fined me if it happened in Texas.
I did my time ,have no problem telling my story.But,it's a funny thing...NOBODY asks about the Seminary..........
It's the seminary thing that scares us... :D
Welcome aboard.

Bill Harsey
09-12-2005, 22:32
Hello,

I am a college student and will be graduating in December. I recently signed, and I am now in DEP with an 18x contract. I am 23 years old and reside in Charlotte North Carolina. I'm here to learn and hopefully increase my chances of success.

I would also like to thank the administrators of this site for the invaluable resource.

-David
Welcome David.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
09-13-2005, 05:39
.But,it's a funny thing...NOBODY asks about the Seminary..........

It's because you are among "Saints" here and there are basically no atheists in foxholes.

Sten
09-13-2005, 11:05
Hello I am TJ Caracci (Sten).

I am a 3rd generation American citizen. I am from a family that expects its members to serve the country. My Granddad was Air Corps/Air force WWII, Korea and Viet Nam Retired a Lt. Col. My dad served in Korea, my brother went to the AF Academy and worked in missile silos. I am the first male in my family not to have served in the armed forces and I do feel shame for that.

I broke my leg in College and even though I am 100% now, no branch would have me at the time. So, I just went to work for the man. After 7 years of crappy sales jobs I chucked the corporate world and I joined the Peace Corps. I did not join to do drugs and meet granola woman (OK I was after the woman..) I needed to serve the US in some capacity so it was going to be international development.

The country I served in was Vanuatu (in the South Pacific between Fiji and New Zealand). On a side note I was there 5 years before CBS’s Survivor ruined it. It was the best 2 years of my life, I lived in a bamboo house and lived on local food I actually cooked yams over an open fire for two years. I was an English and math teacher in a village school of 25. This experience gave me a detailed understanding of how to live off the land and how to interact with a “non-western” culture.

I was at one point in my life I was very politically but the new style of politics in America is too smash mouth for me. All the pundits, news people, radio talk shows, Hollywood, every single last politician need to be slapped. I hate that the stinking politicians and their pollsters and PR hacks have made so many Americas feel so mush hate toward other Americans. We are one country and I hope we remember that. We need to kick the ones who would divide us to the curb.

Thank you to all that have served in the defense of America, the world and freedom.

I hope it is OK that I lurk here.

Cheers,

Sten

NousDefionsDoc
09-13-2005, 13:20
I hope it is OK that I lurk here.

No, it is not. We expect you to contribute - where appropriate.

Have a very SF Day. ;)

safeasmilk
09-13-2005, 14:54
It's the seminary thing that scares us... :D
Welcome aboard.
Scared the hell out of me too!Remind me to tell you about the time I ran into one of my fellow seminarians. :munchin
Thank you for the welcome.

safeasmilk
09-13-2005, 14:56
It's because you are among "Saints" here and there are basically no atheists in foxholes.
Aaahhh.......Vaya con Dios,guerrero.

kgoerz
09-13-2005, 18:32
My bad didn't post here first.
Was in A-1-7 SFG Then C-3-7 SFG Panama Then SWC (SOTIC and SFARTEC) C-3-7 SFG again, Puerto Rico, Last tour was 7th SFG SFAUC. Know on the contract road.
Great site no BS, entertaining and educational
Keith

Pre Primer Ignition Movement.........AKA, Your jerking the trigger

JMPMASTR
09-14-2005, 09:33
Served in Co. A 3/20th SFG way back in the 80s, transfered to Ga. and was one of the first members of H Co. 121 LRS. Did 7 years there and left in 94. Was out of the guard for 10 years came back in 2004 and transfered almost a year ago to 1/20th SFG. member of Chapter 59 SF Assoc. Greetings to my SF bros and new friends.

NeedYourHelp
09-14-2005, 13:03
To whom it may concern:

Please consider my application for the position of reader and poster on this site which was found upon my request at GOOGLE.COM. I am currently enrolled at a local high school as a senior and I am writting a research paper for my Government class. The topic I chose was Special Forces/ Green Berets because I had a little more background in the area. My paper is not to be plagiarized in any way, so to "cut and paste" isn't really an option for me. I am looking for enough information to completly blow my teacher away with a paper whose topic she isn't really familiar with. My goal is to present her with information inwhich she has not before seen.

All I ask is for you help; I don't demand it. You can make the choice to read the posts or to pass them overl, I don't coerce you into making any of your decisions so if any time is wasted, it should only be mine. As for anyone showing restraint, you will have to excuse me because I don't understand what you are talking about. I simply asked for help, not a completion of works compiled and delivered by anyone other than myself. The answers that I receive or don't receive can either be helped or left completely untouched by this website. Masters of Chaos will soon be available for my own personal use within the next week.

This website so far has been an extreme amount of help. I checked my mail yesterday and noticed that someone had written me giving me friendly advice as to what to do. After I read that I came back and posted my thoughts then I began my search. So far, only this site, (information alone), has given me enough information to thoroughly write my paper. The links, resources, and other citing that it has accumulated over the years is quite impressive. Though I may be 17, as you yourselves have all been, please don't misinterpret or underestimate my thoughts. I am not claiming to be anywhere near your level, but amoungst my peers, I feel more reliable on myself. I don't ask for much, and I tried to approach this in a friendly/airheaded manner and ended up wasting my time, just like TEAM MASTER said.

I would appreciate any words of wisdom that anyone has to offer, but for now, I believe what I was searching for has been found. I can cite other websites for common information like everyone else is doing, but what I really want to write about will be from this website and globalsecurity.or/milt...oc-hisory1.htm. Thank you for your time and cooperation, if you so chose to give it.

Sincerely

J.H.

(Doc-

You mentioned that I may be closed minded to asking my father questions, and I just wanted to share my response to your opinion. I had to interview my father last year for a similar research paper and it turned into "crap". I had to change my topic because my father was either too hesitant on certain subjects or gave too much useless information on others. If my conversation with this research paper has the same topic, same two people, (my father and I), and same information, why would I assume that anything would be different? In fact, Dad always tells me not to assume, it makes an ass out of you and me, sir. Perhaps I misunderstood your reasoning; if so, could you clarify it for me?)

Roguish Lawyer
09-14-2005, 13:34
J.H.:

I moved your post here, which is where introductions are supposed to be posted. Please try to pay more attention to detail.

Bill Harsey
09-14-2005, 16:02
J.H.
Thanks for posting your introduction, with some routing help. :D

Welcome aboard.

Armenian
09-14-2005, 20:16
Armenian reporting in... (I posted once in the SFAS forum regarding GET SELECTED. It was worth the money. I'd recomend it to anyone going to any army school as far as having the right mindset)

I joined the US Army in 1988, became an 88M and served in the 12th Engr Bn, 8th ID and then in a small Trans unit attached to 1ST COSCOM for DS/DS. After DS/DS, I ETSed thinking that I wouldn't come back. Well after some years spent learning what's important and after developing (a little) more maturity, I began thinking of joining the AR or NG. I was in architecture school and too busy, so I just kind of left those thoughts aloe for a while. Then I was out of school working in an architecture firm when we were attacked on 9/11. Like most folks that day I was mad as hell. So, the desire to come back became stronger. I thought about it for a while then I joined back up. I figured that with my background in design and construction I should try to be an engineer. I wanted to be a 51 series (now 21) but when I went to the recruiter she told me about the OCS enlistment option. I was out of the army for 11 years and now, I'm a 2LT in the 878th Engr Bn, GA ARNG.

That's my story. I told JMPMASTR about this site and he's got me convinced that I should come over to the 20th SF over in Alabama. For right now, I'm going to sit back... read what people post and learn what I can. :munchin

Oh yeah... I have a blog. Please come check it out.

http://www.partamian.net/blog

longtab
09-14-2005, 20:48
Just following the sticky and posting in here first. I'm an 18B "10th Grouper" out here at Fort Carson.

Doc
09-14-2005, 20:51
Welcome aboard folks.

Dan
09-15-2005, 22:29
The country I served in was Vanuatu (in the South Pacific between Fiji and New Zealand). On a side note I was there 5 years before CBS’s Survivor ruined it. It was the best 2 years of my life, I lived in a bamboo house and lived on local food I actually cooked yams over an open fire for two years. I was an English and math teacher in a village school of 25. This experience gave me a detailed understanding of how to live off the land and how to interact with a “non-western” culture.

Welcome TJ!

Maybe you could help in the Area Studies Area (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=106) for Vanuatu?

Sten
09-16-2005, 08:41
Welcome TJ!

Maybe you could help in the Area Studies Area (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=106) for Vanuatu?

I will be gald to.

block_bash
09-16-2005, 12:33
As a boring graduate school student, I don't know that I have much to offer and I'll probably just be joining the massive group of lurkers on this site, but I must thank you all for providing this resource.

Also, I just want to relate to you how much respect I hold for those of you who serve (past, present, and future).

Thank you.

Chappy
09-16-2005, 14:11
Hi,

My name is Tim. I'm a Chaplain Assistant in the Reserves, currently on
CO-EAD orders. I've been on active duty for the past 2.8 years. I'll be deploying w/in a short period of time to the middle east as the BN CH ASST. Thought I'd check this website out, to learn more about what you folks do, etc. I always like interacting with you guy's at the SRP site, because you're down to earth folks. I'm ready to be assigned to my new unit though, as I've never really enjoyed sitting behind a desk, signing off papers. Thanks for being who you are. God Bless.

Weazle23
09-16-2005, 19:35
Block_bash, welcome to the site.
You'll find there's many ways to contribute here. Offer a favorite recipe/beer, submit a joke, or root for a favorite football team in the appropriate forums. You might be surprised (but really shouldn't be) to find some members know a thing or two about whatever it is your'e studying.

Welcome Chappy.
How's Kent these days? I used to work at a place off of E Valley Hwy and another place off of Andover Pkwy.

BMI
09-17-2005, 09:37
Hey, my name is Stan. I am an active duty EOD technician with the Navy. I have been in the Navy 8 years, 4 of that in EOD. A friend of mine completed selection recently and got me curious about US Army SF. I joined this board mainly to lurk and learn more about your 18C MOS. I know very little about it and I figured this would be the best place on the web to learn. I am currently deployed overseas.

The Reaper
09-17-2005, 11:54
Welcome aboard all!

Stan:

We have both 18Cs and EOD types here, I hope that you find it of interest. If you have questions, do a search, if you cannot find the answer, ask away in the appropriate forum.

Have fun!

TR

Gypsy
09-17-2005, 16:31
Welcome to everyone, and a special thanks to all of our new Military members.

Chappy
09-19-2005, 09:42
Welcome Chappy.
How's Kent these days? I used to work at a place off of E Valley Hwy and another place off of Andover Pkwy.

Kent is 'fine'. I basically grew up in the area. Where I live now though is the 'ghetto'; nestled up against the base of the East Hill, down in the valley. It makes me feel nice and warm having a drug dealer for a neighbor. My favorite part though, is having some homeboy ask me as I walk my dog if I want to fight him or breed him...I love my little part of Kent. :cool:

GreenSEAL
09-19-2005, 10:31
Hey all....Also known as wetwash..Have not been online much...been out of the country..See some familiar nemes here...Will be at the SOAR convention in Vegas.

Team Sergeant
09-19-2005, 11:01
Hey all....Also known as wetwash..Have not been online much...been out of the country..See some familiar nemes here...Will be at the SOAR convention in Vegas.

Welcome aboard GreenSEAL.

CPTAUSRET
09-19-2005, 12:44
Welcome, GreenSEAL.

Terry

Jack Moroney (RIP)
09-19-2005, 13:57
Welcome aboard GreenSEAL.

Bill Harsey
09-19-2005, 14:36
Welcome to the new military members here.
Thank you all for your service.

NousDefionsDoc
09-19-2005, 15:34
Welcome aboard Navy. And all the rest too.

Doc
09-19-2005, 16:04

Welcome aboard GreenSeal.

There are guys from here going too. Maybe you guys can effect a link up at the SOAR Convention.

Go Army! :lifter

Bill Harsey
09-19-2005, 16:55
Welcome aboard GreenSeal.

Go Army! :lifter
That didn't take long to start. :D

Welcome Aboard GreenSEAL.

NousDefionsDoc
09-19-2005, 18:16
That didn't take long to start. :D

Welcome Aboard GreenSEAL.
Well, at least I didn't call him a Squid...

yet

UberAlles
09-19-2005, 22:28
Greetings everyone. This is my requisite "hello" post, so I'll try not to disappoint. I've lurked here a few weeks before I registered, and have already browsed through many of the subforums. If I do my part, I am sure I can learn a lot from the reading here. Currently I'm not in any armed service, but it is something I am considering in the future. I'm a college student, who has long had an admiration for the men of the United States special forces. To those who have served or are serving, thank you.

Carson

SFBaby
09-19-2005, 23:24
Hi, I've been a registered here at PS.com for about a year now. I decided to re-register to get rid of my real name being part of my user name. I am beginning to believe that using my real name for posting on a popular and growing Special Forces forum wasn't such a hot idea for a young soldier just getting his start in the Spec Ops community.

Anyway, when I first came to PS.com I was 17 year old 18X'er shipping Sep 14, 2004. Since then I've come through a bit of yelling, a lot of land nav, and more rucking than I care to remember and am currently awaiting Phase III for 18E. I hope to keep learning and enjoying this resource. Thanks!

NCW Boatgunner
09-20-2005, 08:19
Just wanted to intro myself, I'm a Navy Reservist & will be deploying to CENTCOM in JAN-06. Learned of PS after joining SOCNET to gain knowledge from the Professionals. My goal is to learn about gear or anything else that would be of value before shipping out so will probably just lurk. FNS out!

Doc
09-20-2005, 16:18
Welcome aboard men!

Jumper
09-21-2005, 09:02
Thought I better introduce myself as well. I am prior service Army 19D, with my last assignment was with a jump unit, and thinking about jumping back into the NG (no pun intended). I don't post much, but read and learn. I am currently a Police Officer and will be lurking about.

Thanks for the service all & Stay Safe...

Schutze74
09-21-2005, 11:04
Wanted to introduce myself to everyone, I am still in the Guard until next November when I can ETS...that is unless I get put on Stop Loss.

I enlisted after College, 11B2P, then joined A Co 19th Group as a non-qual. Went to SFAS, transfered to Colorado and joined TSOD-K as an intel guy for a year or so and have been working as a budget analyst ever since. I miss the SF lifestyle, but my body doesn't, LOL. I am living in the PNW now and getting back to a somewhat normal life now, ie flyfishing, hunting, etc.

Any who, love the site and always enjoy reading the threads and forums. Best place to find intel on what's going on in the world, way better than the news media. Cheers!

TSOD-K74

Team Sergeant
09-21-2005, 11:07
I enlisted after College as an 11B, then joined A Co 19th Group as a non-qual. Went to SFAS, transfered to Colorado and joined TSOD-K as an intel guy for a year or so and have been working as a budget analyst ever since.
TSOD-K74

Welcome aboard soldier.

Gypsy
09-21-2005, 11:39
Wanted to introduce myself to everyone,
TSOD-K74

I see you found it... Welcome!

Lothar
09-21-2005, 23:11
Howdy Gents

Got on this net recently. I am a reservist that works as a patrolman for San Antonio PD. Currently in Asscrackistan for 2d time. Former 11B2P in LRS, but in a CA unit now. What a f----- up bunch! Have conducted missions with some SF who encouraged me to go to the Q. Just reading and learning. Thanks for the resource gents. Lothar, out.

chewbacca
09-23-2005, 05:29
Greetings Professional Soldiers,

I'm a former grunt whose considering going back into the Army. I'm also thinking about a career change and moving out to Seattle area. Which is why I'm here, I'm trying to find all the info I can on the 19th Group out there.

Thanks, and great site.

tracer
09-26-2005, 11:36
Greetings,

My MOS was 54B/74D. I spent most of my career serving with the Rangers. Deployed for OIF with them. Had limited assignment time with 1st SFG (A). My experiences are limited compared to most here. I will share ideas and limited experiences only where they may help. Thank you for the opportunity to continually support SF, if not in body then in mind.

Tracer

tugboat
09-26-2005, 17:32
Hello;
Thanks for the great site. I went through SFQC, Class 3-87 and served as an 18C on BamBam"s team ODA 764 from 1987 'til 1990. Prior to that, I served 3 years with the 82nd as a 13F. Look forward to hearing from old friends and keeping up with the latest news. Thanks again, Tugboat

18C4V
09-26-2005, 18:06
Welcome aboard. It's good to have another charlie around!!!

peshguy
09-26-2005, 18:38
I'm a recovering 18 Bravo ;) and friend of Kurdistan

I will now resume lurking

cool site

miller0331
09-27-2005, 19:52
Hi all, just surfed in from the last free state in the union... Wanted to introduce myself. I found this site by doing a web search for info on Project Sigma and after some snoopin' and poopin', decided it was pretty legit. My name is Scott Miller, no, I'm not some sort of SF wannabe (cut me some slack, I'm a former Marine!) but do have close ties to a couple of long time SF'ers (my dad is a Son Tay Raider/original member of Project Sigma and my uncle is Doug Miller. No, we never called him Frank growing up.).

Anyway, was just checkin' to the net.

Semper Fi

GunPig
09-27-2005, 20:14
Spectre/Spooky guy on board.
Best wishes, Bill

ctrmass
09-27-2005, 20:25
My required first post:
I've lurked here a little, I've seen a lot of good discussions.
I'm 41, married and located in south jersey.
You learn more by listening, so I'll continue to listen here.
Eric :munchin

rtsoldier
09-28-2005, 23:21
Don't know if I introduced myself before but none the less, Hi. I'm an active duty soldier in the medical field who grew up around Special Forces, my father is a former 18D. I am just interested in hearing the stories and being around the type of guys I remember from my child hood.

terriblet68
09-29-2005, 13:45
Seeking to know more about quiet professionals. Very Good Site!!

Thanks Dave

dr. mabuse
09-29-2005, 21:50
Hello all.

Discovered this site via SOCNET.

Never been in SF or LE. Have gotten to work with those people on occasion and find their professionalism and candor refreshing and stimulating. One of my favorite hobbies is flushing-out SF phonies at gun shows and shooting ranges.

Hope to pick-up some more details on this site that I can trip up the phonies with.
They usually fold when I simply ask them who their XO was....I frequently get the "jacklighted deer" look.....

Roguish Lawyer
09-29-2005, 21:53
Hello all.

Discovered this site via SOCNET.

Never been in SF or LE. Have gotten to work with those people on occasion and find their professionalism and candor refreshing and stimulating. One of my favorite hobbies is flushing-out SF phonies at gun shows and shooting ranges.

Hope to pick-up some more details on this site that I can trip up the phonies with.
They usually fold when I simply ask them who their XO was....I frequently get the "jacklighted deer" look.....

Welcome. What sort of therapist are you?

Team Sergeant
09-30-2005, 08:18

I could not tell you the names of any of my XO's..... unless you're talking Team XO's, and I usually refer to them as Team Warrants.

My advice to you, if you're not SF, I stay out of the SF busting business.

TS

reset_smith
09-30-2005, 08:21
Good morning all, my name is Brian and I'm currently just a lowly criminal justice major. I'm looking at enlisting in the near future in either the Army or the Marines. The Army just offered me an 18X enlistment, as long as I meet the physical requirements etc, so I'm extremely excited. I came over after looking at the Army Study Guide Forums and will probably have some questions for the professionals out there after I have a chance to read through all the forums. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this excellent SF resource.

Regards,
Brian

blackhawk
10-01-2005, 10:55
Hello,
Name: Mike
Reason: My Goal Is To Become A SF Soldier, No if's or but's!
Exercise:m/w/f Though out day i do 100pu's,100su's,25pull up's. All in sets of 10's.
m/w/f 5to 6 mile run nonstop, t/th/sat 5 to 6 mile jog with a 45lbs in a Bookbag.
I know i can do better!
i didn't do so great on the asvab so i'mma take it again.
My reccruiter says he was part of sf, but keep telling me to get 11x first and airborne then when i get to my first station put in an sf package. which i know i will be impossible since i'm goin in as an e-3 and i know will be sent to iraq. I told him no i want the18x and if i have to study harder then i will, he said "ok if that's what you want, but i wont tell you nothing wrong! sf is hard work and you have to be in really good shape" I know i have to be in great shape, but i'm not settling for just anything! so i'm taking the asvab again mean while i'm tryin to find different ways to improve my workout! oh well back to doing some pt!
I hope to learn alot from you all! Thanks for allowing me here.

dr. mabuse
10-01-2005, 14:36
Welcome. What sort of therapist are you?

clinical hypnotherapist

dr. mabuse
10-01-2005, 14:45
I could not tell you the names of any of my XO's..... unless you're talking Team XO's, and I usually refer to them as Team Warrants.

My advice to you, if you're not SF, I stay out of the SF busting business.

TS

Understood. When someone pretends to be a war hero it just bugs me.

QRQ 30
10-02-2005, 14:30
Black Jack: Stick to your guns. Prior service helps some but hinders others. If you want 18X go for it. Then be a sponge when you associate with the exterienced ones. I was an "SF Baby", joiuned off of the street and did fairly well. Sometimes infantry time can put you in a rut. You cann ot have preconceived notions and have the flexibility that earmarks Special Forces Troopers.

Good Look.

SctFree
10-02-2005, 16:18
Hello everybody. Just checkin in for the first time and let me first commend PS on an excellent site. I'm 27/prior service and considering SF. I'm just looking for some more to the point details and info on training for selection that you can't get from general sources or the recruiter downtown.
If there are any QPs or candidates in the Bay Area/ No. CA region it would be great to get in contact. Thanks for the great resource and thanks to all the QPs
and moderators for their time and wisdom.

stay free

QRQ 30
10-02-2005, 16:44
Welcome SCTFREE!!

You asked the unanwerable. Those who went direct will tell you it didn't hinder them. Those who had prior service will tell you it did help or at least didn't hinder them.

The only ones who would say that prior service is necessary would be those who went direct and failed. Of course they would probably have failed anyway.

Follow your heart. Two plus years of training is already 10% of a career.

The whacker may get me. Use the search machine next time. :lifter

SctFree
10-02-2005, 16:56
Thanks QRQ 30. Sorry about the search.

Guy
10-02-2005, 17:39
SctFree-

Head over to the 19th Group forum and ask your questions there. 18C4V or I will try and answer them.

If one of us can't answer them...we damn sure know where to go and get answers.

SctFree
10-02-2005, 18:00
Thanks Guy.

QRQ 30
10-02-2005, 18:10
i wasn't trying to be smart. This subject has been thrashed about since the beginning of this forum. In fact from the time of the first "SF Babies" in 1963, of which I was one.

SctFree
10-02-2005, 18:23
Copy that QRQ 30.Thank you.

Fod
10-03-2005, 12:53
Hello.
I am a JROTC cadet in Kentucky. I just wanted to introduce myself and just compliment you on the site; I wish more forums were moderated like this one. I will probably just read more than post. Thank you

alph
10-03-2005, 13:29
I'm 17, currently senior in highschool. I'm enlisting 18x for a shot at SF right after I get done with college. I'll be the first person in my family to ever be in the military (if all goes well).

I liked the videos section. Very informative.

Plus, I'm also looking forward to part III of the SFAS experience. It was a great read.

thanks everyone. :)

bpg0784
10-06-2005, 01:56
Hello,

I am a paramedic (13 yrs) and a police officer (2 yrs, part-time), with some experience in SWAT, initially as a medic, and now as an operator. My profound near-sightedness kept me out of the military when I was 18 (where was Lasik surgery when I needed it?). I have an enormous amount of respect and a little envy of those who have achieved the QP status.

I am very interested in learning whatever I can use in the tactical field (LE & TEMS), probably won't post too often, lest I follow my signature too closely.

Bob1984
10-06-2005, 05:03
My name is Bob M, I'm 21 and from Maryland, I go by the same screen name on AR15.com. I'd like to introduce myself and express my appreciation for the role SF has played in history and in the current day. I am here to lurk and learn about the SF way of life. Unfortunately, I am physically unable to serve in the military, however, I still think learning about that way of life, learning to be self-motivated, learning to think on my feet, would help me in other areas of my life, and I feel that SF members are the best role models for this. Thank you for reading this post.

TIN FOIL K-POT
10-06-2005, 13:47
Greetings:
My name is Mark..Im just here to look around and maybe interject a question here or there.

Thanks

CPTAUSRET
10-06-2005, 14:10
Welcome to everyone!

You will undoubtedly find this a good place to learn as long as you adhere to the rules of the board.

Terry

Roguish Lawyer
10-06-2005, 14:37
Hello,

I am a paramedic (13 yrs) and a police officer (2 yrs, part-time), with some experience in SWAT, initially as a medic, and now as an operator. My profound near-sightedness kept me out of the military when I was 18 (where was Lasik surgery when I needed it?). I have an enormous amount of respect and a little envy of those who have achieved the QP status.

I am very interested in learning whatever I can use in the tactical field (LE & TEMS), probably won't post too often, lest I follow my signature too closely.

Welcome! You'll enjoy the med forum and the many Flyers and cheesesteak threads on the board. ;)

Dog Off Leash
10-07-2005, 22:27
Hey all,

I'm Phil, aka Dog Off Leash on LF.net and a few other places. As my profile states, I'm a former USAF K-9 handler. I'm not HS/LD, don't claim to be, and will be the first to admit it.

Right now I'm in the AF IRR, testing for a few police depts in the Chicago area, and seriously pondering a trip to the 'box as a civ. dog handler.

I'm here to basically check things out, learn, and respond to any questions that may enter my lane. Other than that, I'll most likely be lurking.

Stay safe everyone
Phil

Weazle23
10-08-2005, 09:45
Welcome to the site Phil.

NousDefionsDoc
10-08-2005, 16:45
Welcome Phil

FROST18E
10-09-2005, 02:22
Made a mistake and posted a thread before introductions here. Sorry guys. :(

My name is Adam Frost I was (am?) an 18E up at C/3/1. I served on 193,194,192 and was attached to 5th for OIF Jan 03-Jul 03. I ETS'd on Feb 04 and have been working as a police officer in Phoenix AZ since then.

I'm glad to be among my brothers again. I've missed you guys.

Max_Tab
10-09-2005, 02:28
Welcome, always glad to have another Echo aboard, we have entirely too many Delta's in here :D

Team Sergeant
10-09-2005, 08:27
My name is Adam Frost I was (am?) an 18E up at C/3/1. I served on 193,194,192 and was attached to 5th for OIF Jan 03-Jul 03. I ETS'd on Feb 04 and have been working as a police officer in Phoenix AZ since then.

I'm glad to be among my brothers again.

Welcome Adam,

I was also in 1st Gp, ODA 113, ODB 130 and ODA 195. Glad to see another fellow 1st Gp soldier on board......

Team Sergeant
(PM sent, we have to conduct link-up here in Phoenix.)

CPTAUSRET
10-09-2005, 12:58
Welcome Adam,

(PM sent, we have to conduct link-up here in Phoenix.)

TS:

Let me know when that might happen, I could be in an adjacent AO.

Terry

Bill Harsey
10-10-2005, 08:42
Made a mistake and posted a thread before introductions here. Sorry guys. :(

I'm glad to be among my brothers again. I've missed you guys.
Welcome aboard Adam.

HanksZT
10-10-2005, 13:06
Hi my name is Zack and I am training up to enlist on an 18X. I was interested in learning and researching the REP-63. All help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

B36reconman
10-11-2005, 19:30
My name is Ron and I ran recon with a mobile strike force in RVN in 1968 and found the site via the SOA and the Ambush Master and glad to be here.

CPTAUSRET
10-11-2005, 19:39
My name is Ron and I ran recon with a mobile strike force in RVN in 1968 and found the site via the SOA and the Ambush Master and glad to be here.

Welcome aboard Ron.

I understand that you also flew gunships.

Terry

NousDefionsDoc
10-11-2005, 20:37
Welcome aboard Ron.

Team Sergeant
10-11-2005, 20:51
Welcome Ron!

Huey14
10-11-2005, 21:49
More pilots, always a good thing I think.

18C Dad
10-12-2005, 10:27
I'm the father of a 20 year old 18 X soldier. When our son told us a recruiter was coming to visit we asked our next door neighbor, retired SF, to speak with him about the Army in general and specifically his experience. Our neighbor told my son that if was going to enlist he might as well get with best trained and most motivated group in the Army. And that's how the journey began. I enjoy the site and have connected with several other parents. Thanks.

1_EYE_BLIND
10-12-2005, 15:51
Good afternoon gentlemen. Im new to this forum but willing to learn. Let me take some time to introduce myself. My name is Nikolas, but you can call me Nik(Its easyer). Im a junior in high school. Im very interested in the ARMY. I will be joining when I turn 17.

Thanks for the time,

Nikolas

(PS) Sorry about the other posts, didn't see the sticky.

auburnfly
10-12-2005, 15:53
Hello Everyone,

I'm a 22 yr old Student at Auburn University. I am enrolled in the Rotc program and am a SGT in the Alabama Guard. Great site, i have learned a lot by lurking and reading. I appreciate it!!!!!

NousDefionsDoc
10-12-2005, 16:13
Hello Everyone,

I'm a 22 yr old Student at Auburn University. I am enrolled in the Rotc program and am a SGT in the Alabama Guard. Great site, i have learned a lot by lurking and reading. I appreciate it!!!!!
Hello yourself. What are you studying?

auburnfly
10-12-2005, 16:19
NDD,
As of the moment I am studying Geography, but I am prone to change my mind about majors frequently...

oorah4jc
10-12-2005, 16:21
Hey y'all,

I've been lurking here for a while. I'm 22 years old and a student at Cal State University Fullerton studying Criminal Justice & minoring in Military Science (AROTC). Awesome site!

NousDefionsDoc
10-12-2005, 16:41
Well, welcome aboard College Boys.

dennisw
10-12-2005, 18:22
I've been lurking here for a while. I'm 22 years old and a student at Cal State University Fullerton studying Criminal Justice & minoring in Military Science (AROTC). Awesome site!Welcome oorah4jc. Nice to see a fellow titan on board.

discipulus
10-12-2005, 22:25
Howdy Everyone,

Just trowling for information on selection et al. I'm a 27 year old civilian who has worked for the military doing signal / data network security for the past 7 years or so. I deployed to Iraq last year in support of centcom and became interested in SF. I am currently in Md and barring some unforseen issue will be enlisting in 20th group shortly. The site looks great.

Ez.

dis.

GeorgeVstar
10-13-2005, 13:06
Good day everyone, I am a father of a 16 almost 17 year old that wants to inlist in the Army and go for SF or Rangers after highschool. My friend gave me this link for my son and forwarned him to be silent and read "all stickies" before attempting to ask anything... Well, four post later, he is banned for 30 days!! I hate to say it, but I am happy it happen to him! It was a good slap in the face. Makes him recognize the importance of following the rules, and maybe seeing that a 16 year old does not know everything!! I do hope after 30 days he can be given another chance. I plan on spending a fair amount of time reading and learning from this site, it seems to be an incredible forum!

Thank you all that serve our country, keeping us free!!

George in Tucson

Team Sergeant
10-13-2005, 13:10
Good day everyone, I am a father of a 16 almost 17 year old that wants to inlist in the Army and go for SF or Rangers after highschool. My friend gave me this link for my son and forwarned him to be silent and read "all stickies" before attempting to ask anything... Well, four post later, he is banned for 30 days!! I hate to say it, but I am happy it happen to him! It was a good slap in the face. Makes him recognize the importance of following the rules, and maybe seeing that a 16 year old does not know everything!! I do hope after 30 days he can be given another chance. I plan on spending a fair amount of time reading and learning from this site, it seems to be an incredible forum!

Thank you all that serve our country, keeping us free!!

George in Tucson

Welcome George, enjoy the site.

Team Sergeant

The Reaper
10-13-2005, 13:27
Welcome all!

TR

Jack Moroney (RIP)
10-13-2005, 15:46
Welcome all!