PDA

View Full Version : Introductions-Your first post on this board goes here.

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

SFENGR
08-09-2004, 01:36
Just registered with this site and wanted to brief the group.

Looks like a damn nice site and I am priviliged to have served in the Groups. Was in the 1st SFG on active duty , 19th and 20th in the National Guard. My MOSs - 31331, 3542, 4010S to name a few.

I am a Life member in the Special Forces Asociation: M-7088-L. I leave the Decader status to the old timers who helped build SF, and later the SF associaton. Jimmy Dean will be rememebred long after he retires!

Also spent time in Korea with the 2nd Engr Bn, 2ID as S-2 and later OIC of a provisional Mine Field Clearing company. I made the selection, trained and led the team of all-volunteers. Proud to say that we had zero accidents of an explosive nature. Only one guy got careless and sat on some barb wire ripping a chunk of flesh from his but, and giving a whole new meaning to the words, "unmentionable war wound."

Currently work as a Consultant Engineer on Nuclear Power plants, so I get trash form both the antiwar and anti nukes

Will try to make my posts up to the standards of "The Quiet Professionals."

De Oppresso Liber ,

Walt

Kyobanim
08-09-2004, 03:24
Welcome abord, Sir

Team Sergeant
08-09-2004, 07:50
Welcome aboard Walt!

NousDefionsDoc
08-09-2004, 08:57
Welcome aboard

Jack Moroney (RIP)
08-09-2004, 09:23
Welcome aboard.

4StringSlinger
08-09-2004, 17:49
Hello all. Just found PS today via SOCNET. Let me say thanks in advance for this great site.

I am a 31 year old musician, married, no kids, own a small business [rehearsal studio]. I'm considering enlisting 11x/ABN/Option 40. I have taken the ASVAB, scored 88 [my math is horrendous] with 124 on the GT... haven't taken the physical, although I don't forsee any problems...5 '10, 160, don't drink/smoke/do drugs, PT regularly [ Mainly pushups, pullups, situps, running/walking/hiking everyday etc].

I'm trying to square away some personal things before I make the decision to sign...mainly, the fact that I promised myself that I would make a career from music 15 years ago, and I'm struggling with the fact that I would have to give it up...professionally, anyway...if I sign. Thing is, I'm not a quitter, see...and although I hate the music business, and most of the people in it, and the lack of artistic integrity, and the evil shit that goes on behind closed doors...well, I'm not used to failure.

That being said, my heart says it's time for a new career. Can't go 18x at my age, but Ranger sounds damn good to me. Tired of seeing shit go down on the news and feeling like I should be doing something about it. Tired of being surrounded by spineless shitbags on a daily basis. I want to serve with the best, get pushed beyond my limits, use kick-ass weaponry, make friends for life, and ultimately...make the world a better place. If the Regiment will have my FOG ass.

Sorry to ramble on...thanks again for all the great info, advice, wisdom...and if anybody has any advice for me, please feel free to PM me.

Take care,

Zack

The Reaper
08-09-2004, 18:13
Zack:

You could join an SF Guard unit, go Rep 63, and request Active Duty while in the SFQC.

If you failed or didn't like it, you would not be stuck with a 4-6 year AD obligation.

Your call though.

TR

rudelsg2
08-10-2004, 07:22
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ron, I've been in 10th Group for 10 years. I'm a SFC (P) Team Sgt (hopefully DA will promote 14 more of us on 1 Sept), I was a Wpns guy and well truthfully will always be one. Looks like a great site and glad to be here. These truly are the days to be SF.

Team Sergeant
08-10-2004, 07:24
Originally posted by rudelsg2
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ron, I've been in 10th Group for 10 years. I'm a SFC (P) Team Sgt (hopefully DA will promote 14 more of us on 1 Sept), I was a Wpns guy and well truthfully will always be one. Looks like a great site and glad to be here. These truly are the days to be SF.

Welcome aboard soon to be Master Sergeant!

4StringSlinger
08-10-2004, 10:38
Originally posted by The Reaper
Zack:

You could join an SF Guard unit, go Rep 63, and request Active Duty while in the SFQC.

If you failed or didn't like it, you would not be stuck with a 4-6 year AD obligation.

Your call though.

TR

Thank you, Reaper. Searching for info on that as we speak, as I hadn't considered it before.

PM sent.

Zack

mumbleypeg
08-10-2004, 10:46
Just Stepping up to say Hello. I followed the mad genius of steel Bill Harsey and ended up here.
Thanks for all you who are serving and all you who will.

Mike

Jack Moroney (RIP)
08-10-2004, 12:03
Originally posted by rudelsg2
I was a Wpns guy and well truthfully will always be one.

Welcome aboard. Guess I can say I was a 10th Group troop and will always be one.

Jack Moroney

The Reaper
08-10-2004, 14:19
Originally posted by mumbleypeg
Just Stepping up to say Hello. I followed the mad genius of steel Bill Harsey and ended up here.

Mike

Mike:

Welcome aboard.

Are you Mr. Harsey's plastic surgeon?

TR

mumbleypeg
08-10-2004, 15:04
No, I've had the good fortune of selling Mr. Harsey's plastic surgeon some tools though. I myself can take no credit for repairing shop mayhem done to tendons...legs.....etc....

pulque
08-10-2004, 17:52

Mike

Welcome Mike, here's a thread you might be interested in:
http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2894

I followed somebody here too, now I am hanging on like a Remora :D

pulque

The Reaper
08-10-2004, 18:42
No, I've had the good fortune of selling Mr. Harsey's plastic surgeon some tools though. I myself can take no credit for repairing shop mayhem done to tendons...legs.....etc....

I think he is trying to cut you out of the loop and make the tools for his Doc himself.

Welcome aboard regardless, look forward to seeing your posts on the Med Forums.

Maybe you can tell me what is the best place to get a set of Fine Mosquito Hemostats.

TR

Stain
08-10-2004, 23:31
Adding my introduction to the list.

I'm a college student working on my degree, and am planning to chase an 18X contract once I'm done with school ( to quote an earlier poster, " talk is cheap").

I found this board through SOCNET, and HIGHLY appreciate the information everyone is putting out here (and there), I have no doubt that it will prove invaluable.

Back to lurking I go.

Justin.

Guy
08-11-2004, 07:25
Welcome aboard...all!

NousDefionsDoc
08-11-2004, 07:26
Welcome all.

NousDefionsDoc
08-11-2004, 13:44
Fine, fine introduction. Thank you.

We don't mention bandwidth around here. I'm not really sure what it is, but for some reason, it sets the Team Sergeant off. The only thing I can think of is it must have something to do with hiding in the team room instead of training.:D

Welcome aboard. If there's anything you need, let us know.

Sacamuelas
08-11-2004, 16:02
Welcome Frontsight.

Did I spot your Twins in some of those pics? Nice:D

The Reaper
08-11-2004, 16:03
FS:

Nice nails.

What is with the unfluted cylinder?

TR

alphamale
08-11-2004, 21:27
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
Welcome aboard. If there's anything you need, let us know. Thank you NDD.
re: that b---w---th unmentionable word ;-), just think of it as the amount of water going through the pipe.

Originally posted by Sacamuelas
Did I spot your Twins in some of those pics? Nice:D Yep. There are always rumors that HK will stop making the P7, so I decided one would be good for spare parts. That was my excuse anyway.

FS: Nice nails.Thank you. I used to question the IQ of any female who spent all the time required on nails, but then I realized that they make great DNA collectors.

What is with the unfluted cylinder?OK, I'll give you a hint. It's 1 of 12 made of a very lightweight material.

FrontSight

Ambush Master
08-11-2004, 21:44
Originally posted by FrontSight
Thank you NDD.
re: that b---w---th unmentionable word ;-), just think of it as the amount of water going through the pipe.

Yep. There are always rumors that HK will stop making the P7, so I decided one would be good for spare parts. That was my excuse anyway.

Thank you. I used to question the IQ of any female who spent all the time required on nails, but then I realized that they make great DNA collectors.

OK, I'll give you a hint. It's 1 of 12 made of a very lightweight material.

FrontSight

LMMFAO !!!

Welcome aboard Lady !! You will hold your ground here well !!

That 1 in 12 wouldn't happen to be a Medusa would it ??

Take care. Martin

alphamale
08-11-2004, 22:09
Thank you Ambush.

Originally posted by Ambush Master
That 1 in 12 wouldn't happen to be a Medusa would it ?? Nope nope nope :cool:.

I always win who's-got-the-coolest-gear contests because of that cylinder. Of course I unilaterally declare that I win, but that's besides the point. ::smug::

FrontSight

Smokin Joe
08-11-2004, 22:39
Frontsight,

Is it a custom Cylinder?

BTW that UtB holster (as an LEO) scares the crap out of me.

That and between a womans legs are the 2 worst places for me to have to frisk during a pat down.

shivers

Great idea though I wish I could get my wife to wear one of those.

NousDefionsDoc
08-11-2004, 23:09
Of course I unilaterally declare that I win, but that's besides the point. ::smug::

FrontSight

Yep, we're gonna get along just fine.

Razor
08-12-2004, 09:49
Originally posted by Team Sergeant
...he just doesn’t know how to remove the powder burns from the targets.)

TS

That's not just gonna leave a mark, it may require sutures as well. :D

alphamale
08-12-2004, 14:57
:)

Sacamuelas
08-12-2004, 20:49
Thank you TS.
But merely double-tapping is for wusses.
FrontSight
Team Sergeant
(Wuss)

The fact that this has been posted on this board, even though in obvious jest, assures me that the following has in fact occurred. :p LOL

alphamale
08-12-2004, 22:02
TS is not like some kinda serious bad-a*s, is he? :: eek :: ::sniff::

TS, Sir, in the "I got you" category, I hereby claim at least 10 points for that exchange. :lifter

Points are redeemable at an undisclosed future point in time for cool patches, spare P38's, etc.

You see Sacamuelas, we femme's just present the X-factor.

What is that helicopter noise I hear above my house?

FrontSight

Bill Harsey
08-13-2004, 10:17
Frontsight! Welcome aboard! Your doing great things in this knifemaking and I damned sure don't say that very often. The world is a richer place for what you do. I'm laughing so hard at the "Wuus" comment that I almost can't type! The Hell freezing over must be true. I don't even have words for this one...:D

NousDefionsDoc
08-13-2004, 10:26
TS is not like some kinda serious bad-a*s, is he? :: eek :: ::sniff::

TS, Sir, in the "I got you" category, I hereby claim at least 10 points for that exchange. :lifter

Points are redeemable at an undisclosed future point in time for cool patches, spare P38's, etc.

You see Sacamuelas, we femme's just present the X-factor.

What is that helicopter noise I hear above my house?

FrontSight

Is the Team Sergeant some kind of serious bad ass? ALL Team Sergeants are some kind of serious bad asses.:lifter

Like I told Saca on another thread, running out in front of a bus is much less painful if you insist on going down a path like this.;)

Don't worry about the helicopter, if he comes for you, you'll never hear him.

SFENGR
08-13-2004, 10:38
Frontsight says, "I have a P38 on a utility ring thing inside my purse. "

HUH? I carry mine on my dog tag chain, and have a piece of tape around the business end to prevent it from opening and doing damage. Even in your "purse," having the P-28 open can cause havoc. At the very least , it will catch on anything , including your fingers digging thru the junk.

I'e seen peole get clumsy and really get a large wound with that thingy

alphamale
08-13-2004, 10:51
Bill Harsey, thank you for your kind words. That means a lot to me.

SFENGR, Yes, I discovered exactly what you described several months ago the hard way. I keep black electrical tape around it now (took it off for the pic).

NDD, I assume that (that all TS's are "some kind of serious bad a*ses" as you say.)

My guess is that Team Sergeant took my jest as I intended it, but just in case for someone else, I wanted to make this really clear: I have total respect and tons of admiration for what the folks on this forum do. I had one tough situation and that nearly destroyed me. I could never do what you do.

FrontSight

Team Sergeant
08-13-2004, 10:56
OK, no more hijacking this thread.

I started a new thread to discuss FS technique...:D

Go the the "Weapons Discussion" forum.

(Two shooters enter, one shooter leaves:D)

TS

Guy
08-13-2004, 11:06
(Two shooters enter, one shooter leaves:D)

TS

lol;)

BadMuther
08-14-2004, 12:26
I spent a weekend camping trip with a bunch of cans and no can opener when I was 14........

It was fun starving while I attempted to open cans by pounding them with rocks....haven't been without a p38 since!!

I like the big ones the Brits give you in there rations, tho those are a little big for a keychain.........

Introductions.....

My name is BadMuther and I enjoy moonlit walks on the beach and my favorite color is perrywinkle....

The Reaper
08-14-2004, 15:20
Originally posted by BadMuther
Introductions.....

My name is BadMuther and I enjoy moonlit walks on the beach and my favorite color is perrywinkle....

Well, you are living in the right place then, though I understand that the Kali Supreme Court invalidated a bunch of your marriages.

Tough break for you.

TR

18C4V
08-14-2004, 17:34
Well, you are living in the right place then, though I understand that the Kali Supreme Court invalidated a bunch of your marriages.

Tough break for you.

TR

The best thing is that our Mayor looks like an idiot now especially since he started the whole thing.

Team Sergeant
08-14-2004, 18:06
Originally posted by 18C4V
The best thing is that our Mayor looks like an idiot now especially since he started the whole thing.

You really think he didn't look like a fooking idiot before that?:D

BadMuther
08-14-2004, 22:14

Tough break for you.

TR

I hear ya TR.

Believe it or not, with the exception of Hollyweird, and the 8 billion strong illegal mexican horde, socal is pretty conservative.

The Reaper
08-14-2004, 22:19
Originally posted by BadMuther
I hear ya TR.

Believe it or not, with the exception of Hollyweird, and the 8 billion strong illegal mexican horde, socal is pretty conservative.

I hear the same thing about Sacramento and Bakersfield.

Since illegals don't vote, who put Boxer and Feinstein in office, Martians?

TR

Roguish Lawyer
08-14-2004, 23:10
(You’re going to make Roughish Lawyer jealous with that fancy shooting. RL will say he can shoot like that, and he can, he just doesn’t know how to remove the powder burns from the targets.)

You know, I'm an easy enough target that you don't need to shoot me while I'm on vacation! LOL

BadMuther
08-16-2004, 21:30
I hear the same thing about Sacramento and Bakersfield.

Since illegals don't vote, who put Boxer and Feinstein in office, Martians?

TR

Awww Sir, but illegals do vote, but I don't think we can blame boxer and feinstein on them. ;)

My guess is sheeple.

Seth
08-17-2004, 20:33
Hello All,

My name is Seth. I'm just a plain 'ol citizen with no military service, but my life has been heavily influence by military culture, due to my father's service. The Love of my life is a staff JAG; a spirited, tough-minded woman, who deployed for OEF and OIF.

I'm employed as a computer systems admin. But my interests are martial and military related.

I tend to read more than I post, and I enjoy the pearls of wisdom that can be gleaned from Senior NCOs.

My team leader, FrontSight, opened comms here on PS. So I had to introduce myself as well.... someone has to translate the mil-speak for her, or she'll drive y'all crazy with her clarification requests. I'm her primary back-stop for mission tasking.

I also have to correct Frontsight, when she states she "lost" her life-altering fight. She was not defeated -- not in the greater scope. She lived to learn from the hostile contact, and sought to better her combat skills, and create weaponry tailored for her environment.

I'll get smoked for this post, but every so often you have piss-off the team leader.

Thanks for the forum,

-Seth

NousDefionsDoc
08-17-2004, 20:39
Welcome aboard Seth

Ambush Master
08-17-2004, 20:47
Originally posted by Seth
I'll get smoked for this post, but every so often you have piss-off the team leader.
-Seth

Welcome aboard, and I do hope that you never have to "Learn" that you NEVER EVER WANT to piss off the Team Sergeant !!! (edited to add, nor any of the QPs on this site !!) :munchin

Later, and do take care !!
Martin

Team Sergeant
08-17-2004, 23:26
Welcome Seth.

So far we've enjoyed having "The FrontSight Kid" she has dazzled and amused more than one QP on the board!

Team Sergeant

Jack Moroney (RIP)
08-18-2004, 07:07
Welcome aboard Seth. Might I recommend that you invest in some body armor and shin pads before Frontsight reads your introduction.:D

Jack Moroney

Sacamuelas
08-18-2004, 08:11
LOL Sir....
Don't forget to leave the green cammo off your face and stand farther than 5 yds away! ;) LOL

Welcome Seth. I would be weary of trying the frontsight kid's approach... so far she is the ONLY one to survive using that technique. The other's before her lasted about as long as that mozambique technique of her's did in the weapons forum here. HAHA

Bill Harsey
08-18-2004, 08:32
Good to have you here Seth! You must be made of some tough stuff if you can survive working with "The FrontSight Kid". Good advice by all preceding posts. Thanks for your intro.

Seth
08-18-2004, 08:52
Thank-you, all.

I've been an avid lurker at related forums. I've seen what doesn't work when communicating within this organizational culture.

In fact, I got all jumpy when Frontsight frist posted, giving her a brief-back on the nuances of SF lifestyle....

I was surprised and encouraged when she stated that Team Sergeant led Her to re-think Her precepts on the Mozambique. Rare is the man, that can pull that task.

That's the type of mindset formation that's useful for her. Her mindset is continually being shaped by the right kind of people. So I'm happy that she started off well here at PS.com

Here's a little secret about Frontsight:

There was a time she was convinced that a female could never use a edged weapon combatively. That was only a few years ago... There's this long list of BTDT's that help to form new doctrines, that led her to become a edged weapon-maker.

... She also made her demons and ghosts into friends...

-Seth

NousDefionsDoc
08-18-2004, 08:58
Might want to be careful about giving insight into Frontsight. Especially when she's TDY. She seems capable of sharing what she wants to share on her own. How about we shelve the discussion until she gets back?

Seth
08-18-2004, 09:24
Understood, NDD.

bk1133
08-19-2004, 12:29
Greetings gentalmen,
Just stumbled onto this site today, excellent! A quick intro, USMC 79-84, Contractor for awhile, Jersey Guard since 88, all aviation. I was a crew chief on most of what the military flies. I'm currently a new equipment trainer for the Army's RFI, I work at Picatinny Arsenal. Not SF type but as a crew chief I flew alot of you guys around.

NousDefionsDoc
08-19-2004, 14:20
Welcome aboard

vacation81
08-20-2004, 14:26
Although I expect I will continue to lurk rather than post, I'd also like to introduce myself. My name is Rich. I was just commissioned in May, and I'm currently waiting to attend Armor OBC in November.

NousDefionsDoc
08-20-2004, 20:26
Originally posted by vacation81
Although I expect I will continue to lurk rather than post, I'd also like to introduce myself. My name is Rich. I was just commissioned in May, and I'm currently waiting to attend Armor OBC in November.

So, you're like a 2nd LT?:munchin

vacation81
08-20-2004, 23:27
Not only that, but I was ROTC:D.

The Reaper
08-21-2004, 07:01
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
So, you're like a 2nd LT?:munchin

Could be worse, he could still be a cadet.

TR

NousDefionsDoc
08-21-2004, 08:51
Nothing wrong with being a 2nd Lt, although Reaper is right about cadets. Everybody has to start somewhere.

If you pay real close attention to some of the people on this board, you can learn a lot.

Anyway, welcome aboard and Have a Very SF Day.

vacation81
08-21-2004, 09:03
Don't get me wrong sir, I'm proud of what I've accomplished so far. I'm just glad to be moving on to new things after 4 years in cadet land. PS.com and SOCNET have already taught me a lot, and I plan on learning as much as I can from the professionals on both sites. Thank you both for the welcome.

NousDefionsDoc
08-21-2004, 09:14
Don't call me sir.

vacation81
08-21-2004, 09:32
Understood. Won't happen again.

QRQ 30
08-21-2004, 09:44
Just a little factoid. When I was in the army there were more ROTC officers in the service than officers from any other source. I doubt if that has changed.:munchin

The Reaper
08-21-2004, 09:53
Originally posted by QRQ 30
Just a little factoid. When I was in the army there were more ROTC officers in the service than officers from any other source. I doubt if that has changed.:munchin

It hasn't.

ROTC is the Army and AF's surge capability to rapidly produce officers.

TR

brownapple
08-21-2004, 10:02
Originally posted by vacation81
Not only that, but I was ROTC:D.

I was commissioned through ROTC. Nothing wrong with that. Some advantages to it.

Enjoy FT Knox, it's a pretty post.

If you have questions that you can't find the answers to, ask. I'm not armor, but had a few of my classmates who were.

odoylerules
09-10-2004, 20:18
Just read the new forum rules, thought it would be quite appropriate to post an introduction of myself.

17 years old, HS senior, was working as a busboy then got ankle surgery (removal of 3/4 inch of bone...calcaneonavicular coalition, 18D's). All laid up in my cast now. Doc's saying I'll be severely atrophied, left leg will be smaller than right for a year, can't run for 4 months post op (exactly the turn of the year, I was under the needle the first of this month).

I've PMed a few people here with as pointed questions as possible, but I generally try to keep my NBTNDT mouth shut.

Considering VMI, VA Tech, VCU, the Army, a lot of things for after high school. Rather concerned I've gone and PDQ'd myself by having two bones that needed to get cut apart, esp in my foot, but I'm trying to wait to cross that bridge when I get to it.

RHRP
09-21-2004, 00:56
Hi all. After lurking here awhile I've been remiss in not posting an introduction - my apologies. My name's Anthony and I'm a Reservist in the Australian Army, aiming for SF selection next year. You may wonder what an aussie is doing on a predominantly American SF site - the simple answer is to learn and take in every bit of information I can find if it helps make me a better soldier.
Hope nobody has any objections.
Cheers

Smiddy

Bill Harsey
09-21-2004, 07:33
Hi all. After lurking here awhile I've been remiss in not posting an introduction - my apologies. My name's Anthony and I'm a Reservist in the Australian Army, aiming for SF selection next year. You may wonder what an aussie is doing on a predominantly American SF site - the simple answer is to learn and take in every bit of information I can find if it helps make me a better soldier.
Hope nobody has any objections.
Cheers

Smiddy
Welcome Smiddy, We like Australians. I will not ask how you guys type with the keyboard upside down.

Team Sergeant
09-21-2004, 08:05
Welcome Smiddy.

Good luck on the SF training.

Team Sergeant

NousDefionsDoc
09-21-2004, 10:43
Welcome aboard Smiddy

RHRP
09-27-2004, 18:43
Bill, Team Sergeant and NousDefionsDoc.

Many thanks for the welcome.
And Bill, the keyboards are specially designed for those in the land Down Under!!

Take care.

Smiddy

szechuan
09-29-2004, 20:50
Good Morning Gents (and Ladies),

I am a 30+ Finn currently living and working in South Korea. ( Thank God they have Saunas here. ) Did my conscript service for a year like most Finnish guys do and have taken part in a few reservist excercises since then. Not much to brag about.

I am fairly interested in military history and due to my chosen country especially related to the Korean War. Oh, and I look forward to posting Kimchi recipes in the "Gourmet Guerilla" section ;) . It's a great and informative forum and I hope to be able to contribute in some way.

Ps. If the USAAF Major I had the pleasure to speak to on my flight to Doha is reading this, greetings to Kabul and stay safe.

NousDefionsDoc
09-29-2004, 22:38
Welcome aboard. I love Korean food.

504PIR
09-30-2004, 04:05
Guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself then I will go back to lurking. I'm just lowly CAP (common ass paratrooper), but I made it through selection (took 3 times). In the meantime I'm doing some PSD work in Iraq. Met many ret. SF guys here and there, but you will not find a better bunch of people to work with! Always knowledgable, genuinely wanting to help build a better team and without having the ego problems some personal have.

So to all the SF guys out there-thanks! As soon as I can finish a couple more contracts, I definitly want to get back to Bragg and do the SFQC. Going back to less posting, more lurking now.

Kyobanim
09-30-2004, 05:08
Welcome to the board. Stay safe.

jdw
09-30-2004, 14:38
I just joined Charlie Co. of the 124th Infantry in Orlando, FL. These guys are great. They've btdt in Iraq, 1 month deployment for hurricanes and now there gearing up for Afghanistan next year. I want to make it to 20th Group in Ocala, FL and get in the pipeline. I can't wait to become a soldier. Thanks for creating such a unique site.

James

NousDefionsDoc
09-30-2004, 14:51
Welcome aboard fellows.

Goggles Pizano
10-05-2004, 19:00
Hello everyone. Just found this site while lurking on SOCNET. Many thanks to all of you for your service and hopefully I may find my path into the brotherhood. I am an experienced LEO and I offer that knowlege to all here.

Vin

The Reaper
10-05-2004, 19:05
Hello everyone. Just found this site while lurking on SOCNET. Many thanks to all of you for your service and hopefully I may find my path into the brotherhood. I am an experienced LEO and I offer that knowlege to all here.

Vin

Vin:

Welcome aboard.

I suspect that you are too old for SFAS, but you can check it out.

Good luck.

TR

Goggles Pizano
10-05-2004, 19:07
Thank you sir. I am chekcing with recruiters now, there is always hope. :lifter

NousDefionsDoc
10-05-2004, 22:23
I like this guy, even if he is part of the American Injustice System. He came in here with a nice introduction and he filled out his profile. Very nicely done.

Welcome aboard.

gits
10-06-2004, 00:42
Hello everyone I'm a 17 year old high school student with currently an 11X contract, getting my contracted RENOed for 18x after I have an interview with some Colonel within a few days. I've been reading alot of posts on this site and I find that most of the information I read is very helpful. I actually got on this site by reading someones weblog who is a 18X dep going through OSUT, and now just starting Airborne at http://www.angelfire.com/journal2/18x/bug/index.blog?start=1082670851 who linked me to this site.

Guy
10-06-2004, 04:06
Welcome aboard all...

gits,

Tell me that is not a "true" name of a town in Oregon? :eek:

Bill Harsey
10-06-2004, 06:29
Welcome aboard all...

gits,

Tell me that is not a "true" name of a town in Oregon? :eek:
Good morning Guy, Clackamas is the name of both a town and county in Oregon. It's the county I grew up in. I'll call you and give you the pronunciation. Welcome Gits!

damion18d
10-10-2004, 00:23
Hello all. I'm Ken. Senior medic on 952 out of Bco 2/19th. Here in Iraq at the moment(me not the co). Looking forward to spending some time in here to waste away the dusty hours.
Cheers.

NousDefionsDoc
10-10-2004, 00:35
Welcome aboard

Kyobanim
10-10-2004, 06:22
Welcome! Stay safe

Bill Harsey
10-10-2004, 07:53
Good to have you here Ken, what Kyobanim said, stay safe.

Sacamuelas
10-10-2004, 08:08
Welcome Ken. Stay safe. :cool:

damion18d
10-10-2004, 12:40
Thanks for the welcoming.
Ken

agzant
10-11-2004, 05:19
Morning all. Former 82nd grunt and current LE finally getting an intro posted.
There is a lot of good info on the site. I will be in the hide learning.
Thanks
AZ

Kyobanim
10-11-2004, 05:56
Welcome all

Stargazer
10-13-2004, 11:08
I would like to introduce myself to the members of Professional Soldiers. I am a U.S. Citizen who resides in the midwest. I work for a global healthcare company within the diagnostics arena. It is my interests in history, world affairs and country that attracts me to this site. The content and professionalism is extraordinary. I am here as a student, interested citizen and grateful countryman for the service and sacrifices made by our Armed Forces to preserve the U.S.A. I will consider it a privilege and honor to learn from the members and contribute when appropriate.

NousDefionsDoc
10-13-2004, 11:15
Welcome aboard.

Shark Bait
10-18-2004, 14:17
Hello all. I was introduced to this site by the legendary **** ****.

I was on ODA 735 (SCUBA), C-1-7, from mid 1984 to Dec 1985. I have also served the the 12th and 19th Groups, for a total of 13 years in SF. MOS's were 18C and 18F. I'm too beat up to participate in that mode and now spend my time making life difficult for OCS candidates in the NM Guard.

I'm looking forward to seeing what this site is all about.

Dave Wade

(Edited by AM for Persec.)

BamBam
10-18-2004, 14:29
About time you let everyone know that you are here and who you are, however I will caution you on the use of real names, it doesn't bother me personally, but it does others. Take the time to read the Bulletin Board rules and Welcome, and everything will be OK. Welcome aboard.

Kyobanim
10-18-2004, 14:42
Welcome aboard!

Sacamuelas
10-18-2004, 14:57
Welcome...

NousDefionsDoc
10-18-2004, 15:31
Welcome aboard.

I thought we had a rule about 1/7 guys joining here? REAPERRRRR!!!! :)

Bill Harsey
10-18-2004, 15:38
About time you let everyone know that you are here and who you are, however I will caution you on the use of real names, it doesn't bother me personally, but it does others. Take the time to read the Bulletin Board rules and Welcome, and everything will be OK. Welcome aboard.
I think I was one of the ones who started that here because I'm kind of a public known figure anyway.

Welcome aboard All!

The Reaper
10-18-2004, 19:49
Welcome aboard.

I thought we had a rule about 1/7 guys joining here? REAPERRRRR!!!! :)

And a C Company SCUBA slug to boot!

Welcome aboard anyway!

TR

924(c)
10-20-2004, 12:55
I would like to take the (long overdue) opportunity to introduce myself and express my appreciation for this outstanding site and it's administrators. I joined the forum in May and have been remiss in making an intro. I am employed as a Special Agent with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives (ATF) and have been assigned to various southern cities since leaving active duty in 1997.

Again, thanks for the professional site. If I can be of LE assistance to anyone please let me know.

Christian

NousDefionsDoc
10-20-2004, 13:08
I would like to take the (long overdue) opportunity to introduce myself and express my appreciation for this outstanding site and it's administrators. I joined the forum in May and have been remiss in making an intro. I am employed as a Special Agent with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives (ATF) and have been assigned to various southern cities since leaving active duty in 1997.

Again, thanks for the professional site. If I can be of LE assistance to anyone please let me know.

Christian

Welcome aboard Johnny Law. I need to report RL for bling bling guns and Frontsight. I'm sure sure what the law is, but that pump handle pistol ought to be illegal somehow. For ugliness if nothing else.

Enjoy the board

Team Sergeant
10-20-2004, 14:09
pump handle pistol

LOL

Welcome 924(c), enjoy the site.

Team Sergeant

alphamale
10-20-2004, 14:25
I need to report RL for bling bling guns and Frontsight. I'm sure sure what the law is, but that pump handle pistol ought to be illegal somehow.NDD, you have no idea how ironic that is! I recently spoke with an ATF agent and Sr. agent. Seems I have picked up a stalker of sorts from the knife world who claims knowledge of gun purchases which I never made; someone who approached the woman who owns my mail drop to get a message to me.

Anyway, the ATF agents were informative, polite, and did suggest more severe action than what I have taken. I am more upset about how it weirded her out than am afraid for myself. This, I can handle.

FrontSight

Ambush Master
10-20-2004, 15:04
Welcome aboard again !! If you recall, I sent you a PM shortly after you registered. Again, if we can be of assistance, give a shout.

Take care.
Martin

Bill Harsey
10-20-2004, 18:46

Christian
Welcome aboard Sir. If your ever lost in Oregon, stop in.

Shark Bait
10-21-2004, 11:59
My apologies to all for using real names. I haven't been in the secret squirrel mode for a long time. Thanks for the correction BamBam!

Ambush Master
10-21-2004, 18:26
My apologies to all for using real names. I haven't been in the secret squirrel mode for a long time. Thanks for the correction BamBam!

Don't sweat it, I caught it pretty quick and edited it out. Some of the folks are still active in "the community" or for other persec reasons and prefer to remain cloaked.

Welcome aboard, I'll shoot ya a PM with the particulars for the aforementioned (deleted name) person.

Do take care.
Martin

Viking
10-21-2004, 20:33
long overdue intro. i served as a SOPC in C 2/20 from 91-93. Active Duty 11B with two tours in Panama (damn, i miss that place), two at Campbell, one in the 82nd. I ETSd in 2000 and knew right away that I had made a big mistake. I came back in and did my second tour at Campbell before making my way to SWCS. Now I'm on my second trip downrange to Afghanistan as an 18B. I love my job and try to learn something new everyday. We are currently using the RT concept from Vietnam over here and it is working out very well. Our team has broken down into four RTs comprised of two SF with five Afghanis. The fourth RT is the C2 with two extra SF. The Afghanis on the teams each have AKs, one M-79, and one is sniper trained with an SVD. We operate independently in small teams or can come together to form a strike package for larger missions such as QRF or DA. I'm having a blast. Thanks for the forum.

NousDefionsDoc
10-21-2004, 20:59
Welcome aboard Vikingo. Good hunting.

Kyobanim
10-22-2004, 05:20
Welcome Viking! Stay Safe.

We are currently using the RT concept from Vietnam over here and it is working out very well.
I smell pocket patch! :D

Viking
10-22-2004, 07:08
naaa, just a simple ball cap with a black spade.

Team Sergeant
10-22-2004, 08:24
Welcome aboard Viking!

Team Sergeant

Viking
10-22-2004, 09:21
It's good to be aboard. thanks.

924(c)
10-22-2004, 14:39
All

Thanks for the warm welcome.

NDD - The Pump Handle Pistol and the bling bling guns sound suspiciously like the "high quality collectors items" (i.e. Lorcins, Brycos, Hi Points) we often recover from dope dealers on the street. As such, I may need to take a look at them for professional development.

Christian

NousDefionsDoc
10-22-2004, 14:53
All

Thanks for the warm welcome.

NDD - The Pump Handle Pistol and the bling bling guns sound suspiciously like the "high quality collectors items" (i.e. Lorcins, Brycos, Hi Points) we often recover from dope dealers on the street. As such, I may need to take a look at them for professional development.

Christian

LOL. Hey RL and FS -

RUN!

LEStudent
10-24-2004, 08:34
My name is Don. I recently graduated from a Law Enforcement academy, and I'm moving in that direction. I'm also a character artist for a military simulator (gasp! ) and I've been considering joining the NG and serving with the 20th Grp. I found ProfessionalSoldiers while lurking on SOCNET.

Shark Bait
10-25-2004, 14:09
My name is Don. I recently graduated from a Law Enforcement academy, and I'm moving in that direction. I'm also a character artist for a military simulator (gasp! ) and I've been considering joining the NG and serving with the 20th Grp. I found ProfessionalSoldiers while lurking on SOCNET.

Well, don't spend too much time "considering". In no time at all you will be looking back and saying to yourself, "Damn, I wish I did that when I had the chance!" Also, the sooner you do it, the more forgiving your body will be.

alphamale
10-25-2004, 14:25
LOL. Hey RL and FS -Hey NDD -

Payback is SWEET !!

::whipcrack::

FrontSight

LEStudent
10-25-2004, 15:14
Well, don't spend too much time "considering". In no time at all you will be looking back and saying to yourself, "Damn, I wish I did that when I had the chance!" Also, the sooner you do it, the more forgiving your body will be.

Noted.

Jo Sul
10-31-2004, 18:09
Yet another intro post . . . SFC "Shark Bait" turned me on to this site, so you can blame him. I also noticed that "LMS Taz" is registered here - we were all on the same team back in the good old days. Looking forward to joining the fray!

NousDefionsDoc
10-31-2004, 18:20
Welcome aboard. Good to have you here.

BrianL
11-11-2004, 01:47
Hi, I just registered after lurking for a while and would like to introduce myself. I'm just a civilian working to serve the needs of the Navy, mostly the submarine side of the house. I'm here to read and learn a little about people I admire and respect. Thank you for the privelege of being a guest here.

Also, since tomorrow is Veteran's Day, thank you all for being who you are and doing what you do. I'm not sure what else I can do as a civilian to show some appreciation, but I hope my donating a bit of my pay every month to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation will help someone out. Thanks for all your sacrifices in serving our country.

Brian

Kyobanim
11-11-2004, 04:10
Welcome, BrianL

NousDefionsDoc
11-11-2004, 09:52
Welcome aboard Brian

BrianL
11-11-2004, 17:47
Thank you for the welcome!

Brian

hotntot
11-11-2004, 23:30
I too have been lurking on the net and hesitate to be in the company of all the experienced and capable men on this forum.My interest stems from the fact that I was recruited ,by then, Col.Yarborough to do some "work" for him at 7th army HQ in the late 50's. I can tell by the quality of this group what he was all about.I have never been in combat per sea. I love your stories.I was discharged out of an NSA support group in Feb. 1962. My only wars were waged as a guidance counselor the past 36 years.It wasn't boring.

Kyobanim
11-12-2004, 03:46
Welcome Hotntot!

NousDefionsDoc
11-12-2004, 18:37
Welcome aboard Hotntot! or should I say Brill? ;)

TPD1280
11-17-2004, 03:10
I am a recently (Jul 04) retired PSYOP Det. NCOIC. OIF 1 (03/03 - 03/04), OJG (07/97 - 02/98). Active Duty 83-92, USAR 92-04. I heard about the site from another Asset. Current employment: Law Enforcement.

Linus
11-17-2004, 03:36
Seems like this be the proper place to formally introduce myself. My name is Linus, I'm from Sweden, served with KFOR and I'll mainly be lurking.

Kyobanim
11-17-2004, 04:11
Welcome, Gents!

frostfire
11-23-2004, 21:22
Thank you for having an online source for so much SF-related info.
My intro:
Civilian.
Engineer.
Still conditioning for SFAS.
Always wanted to serve, which was a strong motivation throughout late night work synthesizing biogel-based latex for the next generation burn wound dressing.
I will learn a lot from this site.

Kyobanim
11-24-2004, 04:41
Welcome

Shark Bait
11-24-2004, 08:22
Welcome Frostfire. There are a lot of extremely knowledgable people here. I'm sure you will enjoy this site.

NousDefionsDoc
11-24-2004, 08:46
Welcome aboard

Roguish Lawyer
11-24-2004, 15:26
Welcome aboard Johnny Law. I need to report RL for bling bling guns

LOL -- how did I miss this before?

Martin
11-24-2004, 15:42
Seems like this be the proper place to formally introduce myself. My name is Linus, I'm from Sweden, served with KFOR and I'll mainly be lurking.

Idioter drar sig tillvarandra - tur att du hittade mig!

Välkommen hit!

Smart liten hund

STR8SHTR
11-27-2004, 15:31
My name is Jeff. Please don't hold it against me but I was in the Marine Corps from 1983-1987 :D . I'm currently employed as a Sgt. with the N.C. Highway Patrol and have been with them for the last 16 years. I'm currently living and working in Granville County. I found this site through the TF site. Have been just looking around here for a few days. I really like what I see here and I have enjoyed reading alot of posts. It is truly a home of Quiet Professionals.

Jo Sul
11-27-2004, 16:53
Welcome Jeff! Now to dig up my old jar-head jokes . . .

The Reaper
11-27-2004, 17:20
Welcome Jeff! Now to dig up my old jar-head jokes . . .

Not me, I have to drive in this state!

Besides, I have buddies with the NCSHP. :D

Welcome aboard!

TR

Jack Moroney (RIP)
11-27-2004, 17:37
Welcome aboard Jeff.

NousDefionsDoc
11-27-2004, 19:19
Welcome aboard Jeff.

Bill Harsey
11-27-2004, 19:19
Welcome aboard Jeff. No one here has ever had adult beverages and driven on the highways of the fine State of North Carolina. They have made me ride on the hood and shout directions when the headlights wouldn't work...but I wasn't driving.

luv2swm
11-28-2004, 12:00
Hi, I'm Scott. Active Army from 90-97, then school at K-State. Realizing how much I missed the uniform and a certain maturation process involving several different women, lots of Guinness and a degree in phyics, I joined ROTC and the NG in 02. Now I'm done with school for a bit and in Army limbo. Over the past three years I have met a lot of people in the SOF community from the first Vietnam MOH winner to Gen Brown (USSOCOM) and lots of team guys active and inactive. I have learned a lot from them, just as I have from this forum in a short period of time. I really appreciate that you let us unqualified types join in your discussions, thanx.

QRQ 30
11-28-2004, 12:11
Welcome aboard Jeff and Scott.

Jeff: I served alomgside the Marines at Khe Sahn in 1968 and gained a totally new perspective and respect fot Jarheads. The thing I can't stand about NC and SC State troopers is the way they remain so calm, polite, smiling and almost apologetic while they are writing your ass up. :D

NousDefionsDoc
11-28-2004, 18:26
Welcome aboard Scott.

The Medal is awarded, not won.

luv2swm
11-28-2004, 18:58
Correction to my intro, thanx NousDefionsDoc, I meant to say MOH recipient. God knows, that Col (RET) Donlon didn't ask for that night in Camp Nam Dong where he lost too many good soldiers from A-726, I apologize for my ignorance

NousDefionsDoc
11-28-2004, 19:07
No problem. Enjoy the boards.

Squidly
12-03-2004, 01:05
Good morning from a new guest. Spent a few years on submarines but have always had an interest in what you guys do. Looks like a great website.

gits
12-03-2004, 01:37
Geeze people need to start postin info and intros when they come on this site instead of just lurk around and not interact with tha community.

areusafe
12-03-2004, 22:35
Hello all,

Good stuff here.

Thank You for your service.

NousDefionsDoc
12-03-2004, 22:44
Welcome to Squidly and areusafe.

gits, somebody pee in your Cheerios this morning Sluggo?

The Reaper
12-03-2004, 23:09
gits, somebody pee in your Cheerios this morning Sluggo?

He lives too close to Harsey and I think he must have taken the keys to the Welcome Wagon.

Welcome anyway, folks.

TR

ZoneOne
12-05-2004, 21:41
Zak Kiser from Tallahassee Florida

2nd and probably last post.

Here to learn and listen

thx

Team Sergeant
12-05-2004, 21:43
Zak Kiser from Tallahassee Florida

2nd and probably last post.

Here to learn and listen

thx

Welcome Zak.

You filled out your profile and posted well, we could use a few more like you.

Team Sergeant

SeanM
12-05-2004, 22:46
Hello all. My name is Sean Miranda. I live in Colorado Springs. I actually just enlisted a couple of months ago in the 18x program. I have been lurking here for only a few days, and at a few other forums soaking up all the information I can (I don't like the taste of boot). Anyway, I ship on 12/29 to basic, so my time here is short, however I am sure it will be enlightening. I really appreciate the professionalism displayed in almost every person that post's here. It is much better than some of the other places I lurk. Stupid questions really get old, and I don't know how Greenhat puts up with it at military.com. So, in any case, good to be here, and nice to meet everyone.

-SeanM

The Reaper
12-05-2004, 22:57
Sean:

Welcome, and good luck.

TR

NousDefionsDoc
12-05-2004, 23:28
Welcome aboard ZoneOne - don't be bashful

Welcome SeanM - check your PMs.

ZoneOne
12-06-2004, 18:19
:-)

Well I don't mean to be bashful at all - I just have learned to keep my mouth shut and listen to ppl who know what they are talking about.

I've been basically following Greenhat around everwhere.

First subscribed to military.com when I first wanted to gather info about SF... from there I found out about SOCNET and NAVYSEALS.com's Special Forces section.

From Military.com I was reffered here.

Seems to a good place. I have noticed a lot of BTDT's I've seen on SOCNET and Military.com have come here.

but i would like to thank you all for allowing me the chance to hang amongst the elite.

NoahH
12-07-2004, 12:59
Hello all. My name is Noah, I live in Bakersfield, California and I am an 11x-Option 40 DEP. I ship out in 30 days, 20050105. A DEP buddy of mine told me about this place so I'm just here to lurk and learn. Thanks for having me.

NousDefionsDoc
12-07-2004, 13:04
Welcome aboard Noah

Kyobanim
12-07-2004, 13:33
Welcome, guys

RAT
12-07-2004, 16:12
Where in Bako????

RAT OUT!!! :lifter

NoahH
12-07-2004, 22:11
RAT,

I live way out west off stockdale hwy, a few miles past Liberty High School.

RAT
12-07-2004, 22:26
Very cool.. I used to live off of Panama and Beuna Vista. I had a company out in Taft.

RAT OUT!!!

Marvin Blank
12-10-2004, 19:42
Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Gabriel and I am currently filling out the paperwork for the 18X contract, DEP as soon as I can after May 17 '05 (Last day of exams).
I just found this site last week in a very roundabout way. I am a member on the Tuckermax Message Board, where I learned from Reaper 375 about SOCNet about 6 months ago, and from SOCNet learned about this site. Reaper 375, SOCNet, and Hoo-ah.net were the primary causes in from pushing me from being a life long admirer of the military and SOF's in particular into someone who decided not to spend the rest of his life wondering "what-if".
I couldn't be more grateful for all of the information I have gained from these two sites (as I know many of you post on both), and hope to learn even more over the coming semester while I finish school and prepare for the 18x pipeline. Sorry about the long winded post, but I wanted to say thanks for the website, and more importantly for what you did and or do for us all.

NousDefionsDoc
12-10-2004, 21:39
Welcome aboard Gabriel. We won't hold that happen to know that Reaper90210 against you until next week.

You can also tell those fine people over there at Tucker Max that although he wears a 7th Group T Shirt all the time, and I mean ALL the time, he is not a green hat. Its a prison bitch thing.

D. Z. Dimaquibo
12-11-2004, 13:37
Hi, I am Darryl. I am not in the Army, but am en route to become a Navy Corpsman. I have the desire to become a SEAL and eventually a Doctor (or Nurse). And if you shall pardon my boldness, I look forward to accomplishing both. I have a great respect for the military as a whole and hold especially high the professionals of the Army Special Forces. I appreciate being able to learn from the posts made on this forum.

Regards,
D. Z. Dimaquibo

NousDefionsDoc
12-11-2004, 13:58
Welcome aboard Darryl

Jeff Cook
12-12-2004, 19:51
Greetings. This is my first post, so I thought I would introduce myself.

I am a career active duty NCO in the ARNG, with 16 years of service and 8 MOS's. I also moonlight as a high-risk security consultant, and I teach martial arts/self-defense/combatives in my dojo and across the country when honored with the opportunity to do so.

I have tremendous respect for the special operations community; my interactions, both on mission and socially, with this special group of soldiers has been very enlightening.

I am honored to be allowed to participate on this board.

Jeff Cook

NousDefionsDoc
12-12-2004, 19:59
Welcome aboard Jeff Cook. If I can be of any help with the profile page, please let me know.

There are several martial artists on the board, and one guy who gets beat up by girls with Shodan rank.

Enjoy the site.

Kyobanim
12-12-2004, 20:24
Welcome Jeff

Reaper375
12-12-2004, 20:39
Welcome aboard Gabriel. We won't hold that happen to know that Reaper90210 against you until next week.

You can also tell those fine people over there at Tucker Max that although he wears a 7th Group T Shirt all the time, and I mean ALL the time, he is not a green hat. Its a prison bitch thing.

I gave that 7th Group T-shirt away long ago... actually, to Tucker.

Stop emailing me, asking if you can have a 3d Batt PT shirt. No means no.

RAT
12-12-2004, 20:54
I just noticed that I did not introduce myself. I will flog myself 100 times.

I am John. I am a Libra. 36 single white male. 6 feet tall. Well built 230 lbs. Slightly balding blonde, sky blue eyes. OH wait this is not MATCH.COM….

I was a Former Recon Marine. 3rd Recon Bn, Bco: Force Co, 9th Reg Recon Co. Det Force Recon. 3rd Recon Co. All in Okinawa, Japan.

I did deployments to Africa, Thailand, The PI, Hong Kong, Russia, Guam, most of the great places from the Mid East to Asia.

I jumped out of a few planes. Went to a place where they taught you to not breath underwater like a PADI diver. Went to a little school with some pilots where the people were very nice to me when I smiled and did not remember my number. Shot a lot of weapons. ECT...ECT...ECT... Have a very nice paddle. Was in the oil and gas business for a while. Went to the sand box to see what was going on. Now teaching the Navy how not to shoot them selves in the foot.

No kids, never married, all around great guy.

John / RAT OUT!!!. :lifter

Jeff Cook
12-13-2004, 05:56
Thanks for the welcome, guys. I have updated my profile - thanks for the heads-up!

Jeff

uboat509
12-13-2004, 12:04
Hey all,
My name is Brett. I am an Engineer with B 1/10. I have been out of the course for about 18 months.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
12-13-2004, 12:41
Wie gehts Brett? Welcome aboard.

Jack Moroney

NousDefionsDoc
12-13-2004, 13:49
Welcome Brett,
Don't let the Colonel talk to you like that. ;)

Jack Moroney (RIP)
12-13-2004, 15:14
Welcome Brett,
Don't let the Colonel talk to you like that. ;)

Okay, okay-should I have said "Como esta usted" :D

12B4S
12-15-2004, 00:08
Hello All.... I served with SF from '69-'71, the majority of which was with the 10TH SFG(A) Bad Tolz. Gawd I must be getting old. Doesn't seem as long ago as the math would indicate. ;) Well since I don't feel old, Im giving up the math. Outstanding site! But actually the title describes it best. I'm sure quite a few of you out here know why and I'm sure Jack Moroney does. Been poking through the forums, sure are alot of changes since my day. One thing that hasn't changed however, is the professionalism, skill and knowledge that I've noticed out here. AHHH enuf of me, looking forward to reading everything offered out here.

The DZ's are getting smaller and the water is getting colder......

Jack Moroney (RIP)
12-15-2004, 06:45
Fablehaft. Ein anderen Kameraden aus der zehnte Gruppe.
Welcome aboard.

Jack Moroney

DrJay
12-15-2004, 16:26
Hello everybody!
New to this forum, I've been on SOCNET a little and also on the Lightfighter board.
My profile lists my units. Got out of Army in '93 and did two years premed in Baltimore (ah, the Arbutus safe house...)then on the the cold of Minnesota for medical school. Graduated there in '99 and went to SD for my residency training in family medicine. Now I'm working in Kansas for the IHS, Indian Health Service.
Made the trip to Carson in November and hooked up with a bunch of my old buds from 1/10th, sure was good to see so many old friends doing well!
Was netsuring and found Stephen T's blog with his Ranger recollections, he steered me towards this site.
Gluck auf!
Jay Kennedy, MD

NousDefionsDoc
12-15-2004, 16:29
Welcome aboard Doc!

Sacamuelas
12-15-2004, 16:31
Welcome Jay!

Check your Private Messages(PM) if you don't have your user options settings adjusted to "pop up" a screen when one arrives. :cool:

Jack Moroney (RIP)
12-15-2004, 16:37
Welcome Doc.

Razor
12-15-2004, 16:41
Nice to see you here, Dr K. Yet another 10th Group guy...I can just feel this place getting smarter! ;)

Team Sergeant
12-15-2004, 17:02
Nice to see you here, Dr K. Yet another 10th Group guy...I can just feel this place getting smarter! ;)

Welcome and enjoy the boards Doc.

TS

(Keep telling yourself that Razor, eventually you'll come to believe it!)

NousDefionsDoc
12-15-2004, 17:08
Europhilia Stage 3 - "Subject will begin to exhibit s/s of European arrogance in public conversations...In extreme cases, a Phrench-like attitude of superior intelligence, ALWAYS unfounded and without any basis in fact, will manifest. " :p

NousDefionsDoc
12-15-2004, 17:10
Welcome aboard 12B4S!

12B4S
12-15-2004, 18:04
Vielen Dank, Oberst.....

Welcome Dr K.......

Razor may have a point, there does seem to be a gathering of 10th guys right about now in here.

12B4S
12-15-2004, 18:07
Thanks ND. I appreciate the welcome..... great site

rtilryarms
12-19-2004, 07:26
My name is Mike.

I hope to be doing more than lurking. I will be asking some questions to make sure I keep some facts accurate. I am writing one or more novels with paramilitary historical background.

Since I grew up with the PM folks I already have a lot of knowledge. I spent my youth in the everglades playing Army with the very real people from the JM/Wave operations.

My semi-fictional army will be mostly based on real people i knew and some I have yet to meet. The historical accuracy will be important because it is lacking in most novels.

Hope to talk soon.

Mike (RT)

NousDefionsDoc
12-19-2004, 09:18
Welcome aboard Mike.

Have you read the rules and the stickies?

You might want to run a couple of your first questions by one of the mods or admins by PM first to get a feel for what is acceptable.

rtilryarms
12-19-2004, 09:50
You are quite right. I raced back here thinking that I should have added, "With the permission and guidance of the Administrators and Moderators."

I posted in the way of an introduction not as an advertisement.

My apologies to the board. In addition nothing posted on this board will be plagerized or exploited by me.

Mike

Kyobanim
12-19-2004, 10:41
Welcome

ABN-MEDIC
12-19-2004, 19:16
Greetings. Thought I would say hello so everyone has an idea who is out here luking.

Team Sergeant
12-19-2004, 21:00
Greetings. Thought I would say hello so everyone has an idea who is out here luking.

Greetings Lurker's!

TS

Tex
12-19-2004, 23:58
Gentlemen,
I have been viewing your fine forum with my close friend and member of your forum Dan (Brother Rat) for some months now, and he finally convinced me to register myself. I'm not a shy person, but I suppose I have felt humbled by the wisdom and experience of the forum members, so I was content to quielty listen, and now that I am a member, I feel it would be rude not to intrudice myself, so here goes...

My name is Keith Jones. I am 18 years old, reside in Houston Texas, and am a cadet at the Virginia Military Institute. I am currently on a commissioning path with the Army ROTC. I would like to make a career out of the Army, as it has been the most perminant of all my youthful ambitions. I am currently high in competition with my classmates for a slot at Jump School this summer, but it's still competition nonetheless, so that is my most immediate goal. Ultimately, I would like to serve in a special operations capacity.

From time to time, I may feel compelled to ask questions to further my understanding of Special Forces and related topics. I might even reply to a topic that I feel confident in, but for the most part, I'm just here to learn everything I can. I thank you for being welcoming to new members and providing a forum to promote the sharing of your expertise.

Sincerely,
Keith Jones

Kyobanim
12-20-2004, 06:01
Welcome Tex and ABN-Medic

RAT
12-20-2004, 06:46
Tex,

What part of Houston???

Razor
12-20-2004, 09:34
Europhilia Stage 3 - "Subject will begin to exhibit s/s of European arrogance in public conversations...In extreme cases, a Phrench-like attitude of superior intelligence, ALWAYS unfounded and without any basis in fact, will manifest. " :p

Pourquoi etre-vous si, si hostile vers le groupe mieux, Monsieur? :D

NousDefionsDoc
12-20-2004, 09:54
Well, that certainly took long enough. LOL

Welcome aboard ABN-medic LF.com?

Welcome aboard Tex.

Tex
12-20-2004, 12:39
Thanks for the welcome.

I'm from the Willowbrook/Cypress area in Northwest Houston

Ambush Master
12-20-2004, 13:10
I'm from the Clear Lake Area !!

RAT
12-20-2004, 14:59
I am from Memorial.

Welcome.

NousDefionsDoc
12-20-2004, 15:03
I am from Memorial.

Welcome.

I lived on Anton Drive and went to Spring Branch. Played Memorial in football at Memorial Stadium.

RAT
12-22-2004, 11:22
I lived on Anton Drive and went to Spring Branch. Played Memorial in football at Memorial Stadium.

What yrs???? Memorial Stadium?? Is that Grobb now? The one behind Spring Branch High School.

My brother lives right across the street now...

School still looks the same.

You FOGs... I tell ya. :eek:

NousDefionsDoc
12-22-2004, 11:39
Would have been 73 or so. The Memorial High School Stadium.

RAT
12-22-2004, 11:55
Would have been 73 or so. The Memorial High School Stadium.

They did away with that and now the district games are played at Darrel Tully stadium in Dairy Asford.

RAT OUT!!!

NousDefionsDoc
12-22-2004, 12:04
Played at Tulley too.

RAT
12-22-2004, 17:59
Played at Tulley too.

When did you grad from SB??? I know you told me once but I forgot.

RAT OUT!!!

Hawkeye
12-26-2004, 17:25
Hey folks, thought I would drop by and say hello. I recognize quite a few of the names here. I am an Active Duty CW3 Support Dude serving in an SF Group at Ft Bragg. Don't know how much I'll be posting, but I do enjoy reading the threads and posting when I have something relevant to the discussion.

Kyobanim
12-26-2004, 18:05
Welcome, Hawkeye

Gypsy
12-26-2004, 18:06
Hey Hawkeye! Welcome, good to see you here!

NousDefionsDoc
12-26-2004, 18:40
Welcome aboard

Team Sergeant
12-26-2004, 19:22
Welcome Hawkeye!

avidwanderer
12-29-2004, 05:08
Hi, just wanted to introduce myself... I am active duty USAF and planning on going army when my 6 years are up in 2007. Thanks to veterans on the site for what you've done and are doing.

NousDefionsDoc
12-29-2004, 10:39
Welcome aboard

northriver28
12-29-2004, 14:53
Hello everyone!

This is a dam good forum! I currenlty been through SFAS and failed the Land Nav and would like to go back in March and try it over again.

Jason

gits
12-31-2004, 14:08
Is it just me or is it like 1/7 guys who register just manage to introduce themselves on this great forum. Damn lurkers need to introduce themselves!

scubasam
12-31-2004, 14:42
Aloha yall...

Just introducing myself. I's a cherry infantry occifer from VMI in the guard and consulting for the gov't. Did some time with 20th in VA, now trying to get up the 19th in WV to finally get a shot at Ranger and Selection. Been to jumper and "door gunner for space shuttle" school. Just looking to lurk/learn/and have fun.

Hasta luego

NousDefionsDoc
12-31-2004, 14:51
Welcome aboard. What is door gunner for space shuttle school?

scubasam
12-31-2004, 15:55
lol.. didn't know if anyone would get it.. oh well... it's CDQC

The Reaper
12-31-2004, 19:50
lol.. didn't know if anyone would get it.. oh well... it's CDQC

Ohh, you mean you are a Bubblehead!

Got it!

TR

SGT Bizz
12-31-2004, 21:10
Good morning Gents,

It's morning in Korea...My name is Courtney I am 22 years old and I am a SGT in the U.S. Army..My mos is 25b (computer specialist) but I hope that will change in the next year or so to 18e..Just want to say thank you all for taking the time to make a site like this for people like myself who have dreams of becoming a Quiet Professional like you gentleman..I hope to learn alot from this site I just wish I had found it earlier, I leave for SFAS on the 8th of JAN for class 003-05..Thanks again

SGT B

CommoGeek
01-01-2005, 08:56
Good morning Gents,

It's morning in Korea...My name is Courtney I am 22 years old and I am a SGT in the U.S. Army..My mos is 25b (computer specialist) but I hope that will change in the next year or so to 18e..Just want to say thank you all for taking the time to make a site like this for people like myself who have dreams of becoming a Quiet Professional like you gentleman..I hope to learn alot from this site I just wish I had found it earlier, I leave for SFAS on the 8th of JAN for class 003-05..Thanks again

SGT B

A 74B/25B going to SFAS? Awesome! Welcome aboard.

CG, a former 74C2S

SGT Bizz
01-01-2005, 09:05
Thanks, my unit supports me, gave me time off to train when I wanted..I still have a lot of folks trying to discourage me, they dont think a computer tech should be in SF they think we should all be behind a desk somewhere..

NousDefionsDoc
01-01-2005, 09:19
Welcome aboard.

CommoGeek
01-01-2005, 11:01
Thanks, my unit supports me, gave me time off to train when I wanted..I still have a lot of folks trying to discourage me, they dont think a computer tech should be in SF they think we should all be behind a desk somewhere..

For a few years in the early to mid 90's SIGDET 3/20 produced as many 18E's as the BN's regular NQP pipeline. Your detractors fail to understand that one of SF’s strengths lies in the diverse backgrounds of those going to the Q Course and that they will bring that experience with them to an ODA.

Good luck! With your shield or upon it.

SGT Bizz
01-01-2005, 11:07
I dont pay much attention to the negativity its mainly from people that I'm ashame to say we belong to the same organization..

The Reaper
01-01-2005, 11:42
I dont pay much attention to the negativity its mainly from people that I'm ashame to say we belong to the same organization..

Welcome aboard, best of luck.

If you would like some free advice, I recommend that you get off the net and on PT for the days you have remaining, without injuring yourself.

Take good care of your feet in particular.

Don't be late, don't be light, and don't be lost.

Stay out of the draws whenever possible, and off the roads at all times.

Follow all instructions to the letter, maintain good Situational Awareness, do everything you are told to do to the best of your abilities, be a good leader when you are a leader and a good follower when you are a follower, and help your buddies when you can.

Be free with praise and motivation, keep your complaints and fears to yourself.

Never, ever quit. Your mind will fail before your body does.

Good luck.

TR

SGT Bizz
01-01-2005, 11:50
Thanks for the advice, has rucking ever caused you plantar fasciitis??I have it and it's a pain in the butt..

NousDefionsDoc
01-01-2005, 11:52
Thanks for the advice, has rucking ever caused you plantar fasciitis??I have it and it's a pain in the butt..

I would have thought the pain would be in your feet, you'd better have that looked at if it's radiating that far.

SGT Bizz
01-01-2005, 11:55
it is a foot problem

Plantar fasciitis is the most common cause of heel pain. It occurs when the long, flat ligament on the bottom of the foot (plantar fascia) stretches irregularly and develops small tears that cause the ligament to become inflamed. This inflammation is caused most often by walking with an abnormal step (abnormal inward twisting of the foot, called pronation). Over time, this slightly abnormal step may increase tension on the plantar fascia and cause it to become inflamed.

SGT Bizz
01-01-2005, 11:57
I get it..a joke sorry for the biology report..Its 2:55 in the morning over here in Korea, got a case of insomnia can't get to sleep..

aricbcool
01-03-2005, 19:57
Greetings everyone,

Just a quick intro. I'm a 24 year old civilian with no prior military experience.

I'm scheduled to get my bachelor's degree by Nov. 05 and am interested in becoming an officer in the Army and eventually 18A in SF.

That's about it. I'll be lurking...

Regards,
Aric

P.S. Oh yeah, I'm registered at SOCNET under aricbcool as well.

NousDefionsDoc
01-03-2005, 20:25
College Boy! Yum Yum! Chomp Chomp!

Welcome aboard!

freds4
01-03-2005, 21:46
Hello folks, just a quick introduction. I am a 20 year Marine currently stationed aboard Camp Pendleton. I did a large protion of my career with 1st ANGLICO and so have worked with most major Army commands at one time or another. Looking forward to interacting.

NousDefionsDoc
01-03-2005, 22:04
Welcome aboard Marine. Enjoy.

The Dave
01-04-2005, 16:08
Hello all, made my first post, so I figured I should probably come in and make my introduction.

I'm 21, from Phoenix, AZ, and looking to sign an 18X contract in the coming few years (degree first). PT'ing daily, and religiously! Love all the information on the site, and will continue to soak up as much of it as possible.

Spartan74
01-04-2005, 17:00
Hello everyone. Thank you to the Quiet Professionals for the helpful information that you guys provide here and thank you for what you do/have done for our country so that we can lead the great lives we do.

NousDefionsDoc
01-04-2005, 17:13
I'm 21, from Phoenix, AZ :munchin

NousDefionsDoc
01-04-2005, 17:14
Welcome aboard fellows.

Surf n Turf
01-04-2005, 21:21
Followed the trail from SOCNET. Read the posts for some time now, but thought I should introduce myself so yo’all would know who is out there Lurking. Out of Government for a long time now.

I enjoy the discussions, depth and the insight. Little posting and only when I have something to add to the topic.

Nice to see some familiar names ------

Surf N Turf

NousDefionsDoc
01-04-2005, 21:26
Welcome Surf!