PDA

View Full Version : Introductions-Your first post on this board goes here.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

mike_m
10-13-2005, 16:58
Hi, my name is Mike I a Senior at UNCG majoring in design. I talked to two recent graduates of the SFCQ at an IDPA match and they got me interested in Special Forces. Thanks for having me on as a guest.

The Reaper
10-13-2005, 17:23
Hi, my name is Mike I a Senior at UNCG majoring in design. I talked to two recent graduates of the SFCQ at an IDPA match and they got me interested in Special Forces. Thanks for having me on as a guest.

I had no idea that UNC-G had a School of Design!

Shows what not visiting for 25 years will do.

Welcome aboard!

TR

NousDefionsDoc
10-13-2005, 17:54

Welcome aboard!

TR
I had no idea SF guys went to IDPA matches. Oh, I missed the "recent graduates" part....

The Reaper
10-13-2005, 18:19
I had no idea SF guys went to IDPA matches. Oh, I missed the "recent graduates" part....

Well, at least it wasn't IPSC!

TR

mike_m
10-13-2005, 18:53

Welcome aboard!

TR

It is actually an Art Major with a Concentration in Design. All three hundred of us are under the Art Department; "design major" is something of a misnomer.

Mack
10-14-2005, 22:42
Good evening. I just wanted to introduce myself so you know I'm out here lurking. I am a current reserve 97B traning up for my eventual switch to the NG for selection. I was attached to ODA 933 and the ODBs for 3rd and 1st group in A-stan for 2004 and the beginning of 2005. I learned much from them and continue to learn from you all. I'll take my seat now. Thanks for the opportunity to listen and learn.

CPTAUSRET
10-14-2005, 23:49
Welcome aboard everyone.

Terry

QRQ 30
10-15-2005, 11:16

The last I remember it was an all girls school for nursing. We used to travel all the way there from Ft. Bragg and go to "The Green Door".(1963-64). :D

Puma
10-16-2005, 00:14
Sirs, as per forum instructions, I'd like to introduce myself.

My name is Sean, and I'm a college student. My long time hobby has been military history, but most importantly the people who were/are wearing the uniform of our armed forces.
Warriors of our Special Forces represent the finest and the bravest... You have withstood challenges, sufferings and losses which many of us wouldn't be able to take... For that, I salute you, with my deepest gratitude and respect.

Thank you for creating this website which can teach not only the ones who will follow your steps, but also those who are eager to learn from you how on how to live our lives in dignity, respect, and honor.
I can't think of anyone else who is more qualified to teach me these things than you - Quiet Professionals.

Thank you.

112thSOLCA
10-17-2005, 10:28
Hello, I am an 18x Dad who has been lurking and learning on this site for over a year. Actually, my son has progressed to 18e but still has lots of training and challenges ahead of him.

I was one of the first NCOs assigned to the 112th Signal BN (Special Operations, Airborne) back in the mid-eighties. At the time we considered ourselves high speed, low drag, state of the art technology kind of guys. Unfortunately, after lurking here for a year, I have realized we were in fact "close by association soft skilled wannabes".

Professionalsoldiers.com is an exceptionally well organized and managed website. The information and advice provided has helped my son succeed in SF training and my wife and I understand the process. Best of all, it has generated numerous grins, chuckles and belly laughs along the way.

Thank you for your service to our country and for providing this forum.

TheCreeper
10-17-2005, 17:51
Hi my name is oliver I'm 14 and a freshman in highschool, I have been intrested in the military for 2 yrs I have been reading as much as I can about special forces so i have found this site to be a very good resource. I also have been trying to run, do pu's, su's, and pull ups and much as I can.

Thanks

NousDefionsDoc
10-17-2005, 18:07
Hello, I am an 18x Dad who has been lurking and learning on this site for over a year. Actually, my son has progressed to 18e but still has lots of training and challenges ahead of him.

I was one of the first NCOs assigned to the 112th Signal BN (Special Operations, Airborne) back in the mid-eighties. At the time we considered ourselves high speed, low drag, state of the art technology kind of guys. Unfortunately, after lurking here for a year, I have realized we were in fact "close by association soft skilled wannabes".

Professionalsoldiers.com is an exceptionally well organized and managed website. The information and advice provided has helped my son succeed in SF training and my wife and I understand the process. Best of all, it has generated numerous grins, chuckles and belly laughs along the way.

Thank you for your service to our country and for providing this forum.

You were a plank holder in 112th Sig and you have a kid in the pipeline?

Geezus! AM, you are old!:cool:

helicom6
10-17-2005, 19:22
Good evening all. A quick introduction of myself; I am currently waiting for paperwork to comeback from NGB and then enter into 5/19th SFGA (REC) COARNG. Looking forward to the challenges ahead and being involved with such a dedicated group of people.
Thanks.

elowery
10-18-2005, 16:13
Hello, I would like to introduce myself to ps.com. I am a fitness center owner and I have some interests in the military and one of my members, BamBam, turned me on to this site for some hand to hand combat info.

CPTAUSRET
10-18-2005, 16:43
112thSOLCA:

Glad you are here.

Good luck to your son!

Terry

CPTAUSRET
10-18-2005, 16:45
Hello, I would like to introduce myself to ps.com. I am a fitness center owner and I have some interests in the military and one of my members, BamBam, turned me on to this site for some hand to hand combat info.

elowery:

Werlcome, fill out your profile.

BamBam is good people.

Terry

Pete
10-18-2005, 17:15
..... BamBam, turned me on to this site......

The nice thing about SF is it really is a small place. I know BamBam from the 70s. While I thought he was an older guy, he though I was one of the pups. At least neither one of us "were" FOGs.

Welcome all.

Pete

The Reaper
10-18-2005, 17:25
The nice thing about SF is it really is a small place. I know BamBam from the 70s. While I thought he was an older guy, he though I was one of the pups. At least neither one of us "were" FOGs.

Welcome all.

Pete

I knew BamBam in the 80's, he was a Team Sergeant, one of the best, and looked after his people. Good man.

112th SOLCA, welcome aboard.

TR

Ambush Master
10-18-2005, 20:16
Geezus! AM, you are old!:cool:

This kinda ties in with the Grad Thread...........

I think that SOGVET (CC) was in the then Phase II (Robin Sage) class in '70 when a whole Team and a few Instructors were lost on the Demo Range. I was awaiting orders for the 5th and an all expense paid trip to RVN !!!

Most parents and newbies do not understand, that this is a VERY Dangerous business and stuff does happen.

I'll be copying this into the Graduation Thread.

Later
Martin

BamBam
10-18-2005, 20:44
Martin, you are correct SOGVET (CC) was in Phase II at that time so was I, we used to get each others mail.

Josh466
10-19-2005, 15:52
Hey, introducing myself as instructed. I'm 18 and a senior in High School, and I've wanted to be a SF soldier since as far back as I can remember. My dad is an active duty SF Colonel and his uncle, if I can remember correctly, was one of the originals that joined back in 1952, now a retired Sergeant Major, as you can see, quite a bit influenced me towards SF. I've read as many SF books as I can get my hands on, many from my dads collection. Thanks for all the info, I guess I'll go back to lurking now.

Adios

blustr18b
10-19-2005, 23:03
Hi, I'm the proud parent of an 18b. He has been in the Army 22 months now, and is nearing the end of the language school phase. I am pleased with his choice of career and very proud of him. This website has saved my son from many, many, many questions from me! The military life is still new to us. The information posted has been very helpful and insightful to a concerned parent. Thank you.

dave_az
10-20-2005, 08:39
Welcome from another parent of their son in the pipeline. There are a handful of us hanging around here with you.

Team Sergeant
10-20-2005, 09:02
This website has saved my son from many, many, many questions from me!

When my parents asked what I did in the Army I told them:

"I'm in Special Services".
"What’s does Special Services do"??
"We dig latrines, set up laundry facilities, hand out gym equipment, things like that."
"That’s nice son."

They never asked me another question concerning my military service. Remember parents, there are questions he will not be allowed to answer and others he will not want to answer.

It's all part of becoming a Quiet Professional.

Welcome to the board.

Team Sergeant

blustr18b
10-20-2005, 09:26
LOL I have already been told that if he tells, he'd have to kill me...thats why I read here...just proud of my young man, thats all
Thanks, TS

CRad
10-20-2005, 10:55
When my parents asked what I did in the Army I told them:

"I'm in Special Services".
"What’s does Special Services do"??
"We dig latrines, set up laundry facilities, hand out gym equipment, things like that."
"That’s nice son."

ROFL! Reminds me of telling people my husband worked for the 414th Truck Drivers Bn and that they emptied the septic tanks on Bragg.
My sister was asked at a family picnic what her husband did in the Army. After struggling to explain to a clueless relative she finally said "He's a Green Beret." The relative's eyes lit up and out of her mouth came "You mean like Rambo?" Sis, cool as you please, said "Yep. Just like that."

blustr18b - the old "kill you and put your head in a safe" ploy isn't true. You are blood relation so all that happens if he tells you anything is that he has to follow you around with a safe for the rest of your life. He doesn't actually have to kill you. ;)

My husband's folks (educators from Wisconsin) came to Ft Bragg several years after he joined the Army and he took them to a Gab Demonstartion. Even after that they still were pretty clueless about his job. A couple years ago he went from 7th Grp to SOCSOUTH, so when they came to visit us in Miami he took them down to the SOC. They were impressed. Funny how a bunch of highspeed equipment can do that as opposed to an SF team explaining its capabilities. Low key is the word of the day and welcome to the board. There's a wealth of knowledge here.

CPTAUSRET
10-20-2005, 11:53
Special welcome to the parents! Those "kids" are going to appreciate the understanding, and and all the support you can muster.

Their journey is just beginning.

Terry

Warrior-Mentor
10-20-2005, 15:31
Was feeling pretty young today...got in a couple of sky dives this morning....

then I saw Josh466 was born after I graduated from High School...

What else can I say?

Warrior-Mentor
10-20-2005, 15:32

then I saw Josh was born after I graduated from High School...

What else can I say?

Welcome aboard.
JM

The Reaper
10-20-2005, 15:46

then I saw Josh466 was born after I graduated from High School...

What else can I say?

What else can I say?

Welcome aboard.
JM

The same thing all over again?

TR

BMT (RIP)
10-20-2005, 15:46
WM in a few more years you can say F-O-G!!! :lifter :munchin

BMT

Pete
10-20-2005, 16:02
The same thing all over again?

TR

It is funny to look at DOBs. I think everybody does a mental jump to what they were doing at that time.

It used to be DOBs that were around the time I got in SF.

1987, damn. I was an E-7(P) fixin' to get dragged to SWC for my one and only assignment.

Then again, my first kids were not born until 1989:D so maybe, well maybe.....

Lets not go there.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
10-20-2005, 18:50

What else can I say?

Welcome aboard.
JM

Let's get off the age thing, I have jump boots older than you:D

JM-the older

18C Dad
10-20-2005, 19:40
It's good to hear from other parents with sons in the pipeline. From what I can see there is tremendous support from the families of these young men. I'm in the Seattle area so if your kid gets assigned to Ft. Lewis and you make it out to Washington state, let me know and perhaps we can get together. Congratulations again and I look forward to hearing about your son's progress.

dpesec
10-20-2005, 20:35
I'm an ex Air Force officer. I currently own my own consulting company and teach for several universities.

blustr18b
10-20-2005, 22:21
Thanks 18X dad,
My son is has been given the opportunity to go to 10th group in Ft. Carson once he has completed the rest of his training , and graduation. However, he has many of his good friends going off to Ft. Lewis and Japan. I would think it will be hard to see them all go their different ways, after almost 2 years together. I hope, like it says here, that SF is a small community, and he will have chances to see his friends once in a while. I am glad that he got Colorado as it is much closer for us to visit, rather than flying all the way across the country.
Thanks for the welcome!
blustr18b

CPTAUSRET
10-20-2005, 23:39

What else can I say?

Welcome aboard.
JM

I am surmising that a few on board were born after my first tour as a gun pilot in VN (65-66).

Terry

CPTAUSRET
10-20-2005, 23:43
I'm an ex Air Force officer. I currently own my own consulting company and teach for several universities.

Which Universities, what do you teach?

My wife is affiliated with a couple of universities.

Terry

aricbcool
10-20-2005, 23:55
I am surmising that a few on board were born after my first tour as a gun pilot in VN (65-66).

Terry

You surmise correctly Sir, by about 24 years. :eek:

Although, my Dad was deployed with the Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club (7th Fleet) in '67.

Regards,
Aric

Rallywagon
10-21-2005, 06:10
Hey, I'm a referral from another board, glad to be aboard and hope to learn some things. My initial posts will be for information and after that, who knows!

Armyguard91w
10-21-2005, 12:02
Hello I am PFC David Sutton. I am a combat medic in Iraq and when I leave here in 06 I hope to attend SF. I am in the National Guard and I am seeing if I can go active as a 18D. I just hope that the exp that I am getting here helps out. Thanks for this site I think that I will beable to answer all most every question I have. If not I am sure that I can find some one who would know the answer.
Thank you,
PFC Sutton Combat Medic in Iraq

Pete
10-21-2005, 15:04
Hello.....I am a combat medic in Iraq and when I leave here in 06 I hope to attend SF.

I am way behind as usual but a very big welcome to you all. Ag91w, I sent you a B/C e-mail.

Pete

Dmax
10-21-2005, 18:49
Hello,I am 22 years old and hell bent on qualifying for SF,Great job with the board ive goodled SF and somehow never found this one though it seems to be the most knowledgeable and even has videos.Thanks for having me!

JOE
10-23-2005, 23:15
Hello, Quiet Professionals and others. My name's Joe (born in '77) and I'm a new-join to this site. Marine doinng the civi deal now. I'll be observing and listening to the topics at hand. Looking forward to the knowledge gained.
Out.

Storm
10-23-2005, 23:28
Hello, my name is Matt and I'm also 22. I just graduated from college and tried playing some post-college baseball, but it wasn't for me. I've been reading through this site as much as I possibly can, and I'd like to thank all of you for the helpful tips and information. Hopefully I'll have the opporunity to become involved in SF, but as many of you have mentioned, nobody can know what the future holds. Once again, thanks for loaning us your advice and experience.

NousDefionsDoc
10-24-2005, 07:39
Welcome aboard all.

Storm, call the Astros.

CoLawman
10-24-2005, 12:36
Welcome aboard all.

Storm, call the Astros.

:D

patrick7
10-24-2005, 15:44
Currently AD Navy, trying to go Blue to Green. This site has answered every question I can think of just by the search function. Thanks to those who take the time to post, and all those who serve. Back to lurking.

dpesec
10-24-2005, 18:59
Which Universities, what do you teach?

My wife is affiliated with a couple of universities.

Terry

Terry,
I teach on ground for a local college Ashland, and online for American Intercontential University.

dpesec
10-24-2005, 19:01
Hello I am PFC David Sutton. I am a combat medic in Iraq and when I leave here in 06 I hope to attend SF. I am in the National Guard and I am seeing if I can go active as a 18D. I just hope that the exp that I am getting here helps out. Thanks for this site I think that I will beable to answer all most every question I have. If not I am sure that I can find some one who would know the answer.
Thank you,
PFC Sutton Combat Medic in Iraq

Welcome David and thanks for your service.

Ambush Master
10-24-2005, 21:33
Before you continue to welcome folks in here, I highly recommend that you comply with one of the Rules of this Board !!! Fill out your Profile !!! Until that happens, you shall bear the TITLE of FTFSI!!!

NOT A GOOD THING !!!!:munchin

CombatWombat
10-25-2005, 15:50
I would like to introduce myself:

My name is John and I am currently located in the SFQC as a student in language school. Arabic leads the way. If I make it past the DLPT I am scheduled to go to 3rd SFG(A). Any stories, comments, or criticizms are welcome. Thanks!

The Reaper
10-25-2005, 16:08
CW:

Welcome aboard.

TR

NousDefionsDoc
10-25-2005, 17:45
CW, welcome aboard. Nice user name...

seelow
10-26-2005, 14:16
Hi all,

I'm a college student, considering a military career after graduation, and hopefully someday, having the chance to try and join my country's SOF unit (I'm canadian).

I came here to read (and heed) mostly, and learn about the lifestyle of SOF personnel.

Cheers, and be safe.

Rudyak
10-27-2005, 20:20
My name is Jeff. I am 40+ married with 2 children. I have no prior military service. I have always been fasinated by the military, and have had several friends join. I am a purchasing agent for a government agency. I collect military type of firearms. I am a Scout Master with a local troop. I teach wilderness survival, and was hoping to pick up some more information that I could teach my 'boys'. I intend to give some of my knowledge back to this group, however with this group it will be hard. I've been lurking for a couple of days, and was already impressed by the professionalism on this sight. It's great to be here.:D

The Reaper
10-27-2005, 20:25
Welocme aboard, Gents!

TR

SKYDIVER386
10-28-2005, 19:34
Hello to everyone. I thought I'd introduce myself to let you know who's out there lurking. Blue skies and good luck to all.

Bill Harsey
10-28-2005, 20:03
Before you continue to welcome folks in here, I highly recommend that you comply with one of the Rules of this Board !!! Fill out your Profile !!! Until that happens, you shall bear the TITLE of FTFSI!!!

NOT A GOOD THING !!!!:munchin
Copied so it can be read again.
It really breaks these QP's hearts to have to reprimand someone. :D

SKYDIVER386 and all the rest I haven't gotten to but have correctly filled out the profile,

Welcome aboard.

WhiskeyBoarder
10-30-2005, 19:34
How's everyone doing?

Going to introduce myself quick. But, first, let me say that I am primarily here to lurk and learn as I travel down the Pipe Line. So here it goes:

I am former Active Duty Army, E-5 Sergeant- a forward observer. I was in for about three and a half years and traveled to Kuwait and Iraq for the invasion back in 2002 with a 3 ID Brigade Recon Team. I came home, PCSed and went to South Korea. Deployed from the peninsula with the 1/503rd Infantry Regiment to a little camp about the size of a football field in downtown Al-Ramadi, Iraq. Came home and ETSed. However, I couldn't fight the urge I have always had since first putting on the BDUs, and proceeded to sign up with 20th Group. Did the whole PT Test, evaluation deal and I am now an NQP, waiting to go to Selection- probably in January.

Well that's me. I am looking forward to a future of some entertaining, informative reading. Appreciate your time.

Later on

Steve

Team Sergeant
10-30-2005, 20:01
I am looking forward to a future of some entertaining, informative reading.
Steve

Welcome Steve.

As far as entertaining goes, Frontsight will be along shortly I'm sure:rolleyes:

TS

musashi
10-30-2005, 20:15
Just wanted to introduce myself. I am a 31 year prior service guy who spent 4 years in the early '90s as a Scout. Having read "Get Selected" I am starting to rethink what my chances may be at 31 of re-entering and trying out. I need about 6months to get back in realistic shape and then I'll see where I am. Anyone know of any recent age waivers that have been granted for 18x's. Now returning to lurking.

The Reaper
10-30-2005, 20:37
Just wanted to introduce myself. I am a 31 year prior service guy who spent 4 years in the early '90s as a Scout. Having read "Get Selected" I am starting to rethink what my chances may be at 31 of re-entering and trying out. I need about 6months to get back in realistic shape and then I'll see where I am. Anyone know of any recent age waivers that have been granted for 18x's. Now returning to lurking.

IIRC, 18Xs are initial entry soldiers only.

TR

CoLawman
10-30-2005, 23:31
chromomosomal

Frontsight, is that a stutter or a mutated chromosome?:D

Tactrack
10-31-2005, 00:47
Hello there...new member. I'm a Federal Agent with almost nine years in Federal law enforcement - seven with the FBI and 1.5 in my current gig at a large National Park. I am the chief firearms instructor for the Park and the team leader of our SRT and Tactical Tracker Unit.

In the Bureau, I was a SWAT Assistant Team Leader and violent crime task force member in a big city. I picked up a few schools along the way, including SWAT, Scout Sniper, Crisis Negotiator, Tactical Tracker, Firearms Instructor, and Tactical Instructor.

I served four years of active duty as a USMC Intelligence Officer from 92-96, and I am currently interested in joining the 19th SF Group in Utah. Did Jump School and SERE in the Corps.

Great site, and I am looking forward to getting some great info...I have a post in the SF Questions Forum about the Guard.

Thanks!

Chris_H
10-31-2005, 15:26
Greetings,
my name is Chris, and I am 18 years old. I recently dropped out of college to square some things away here at home and then join the Army. I was enrolled in a dual degree program working toward a B.A. in Philosophy and an M.A. in Bioethics. As much as those studies interest me, I have always felt more suited for the military in general, and SF in particular.

I've purchased 'Get Selected!' and am currently working through the preparation regimen laid out at the end. I've also learned quite a bit of great info right here. I plan on enlisting sometime in mid-2006.

As for my time here, I don't think I have much to offer in the way of SF-related questions that haven't already been asked, so I'll probably just continue lurking and learning in those areas. Don't be surprised if you see me in the politics and firearms sections, though. :D

Take care, all.

NousDefionsDoc
10-31-2005, 15:34
seven with the FBI

Anybody seen Casey around?:munchin

Welcome to the board all.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
10-31-2005, 16:36
HEY I heard that Team Sergeant !!!! ::fswhip::

Geezums, I spend allllllll my time keeping you XYs in line and helping you overcome your inherent chromosomal limitations! :lifter

FrontSight

So, let me understand this. You seem to think that XYs have a differnet result from meiosis and it drives you nuts because you cannot predict the outcome or are you feeling short changed because you were not granted the benefit of a Y chromosome?

rickmco
10-31-2005, 17:40
Hi, My name is Rick. I am a retired full time Guard guy. Was previously assigned to A/2/19 and the Trp Cmd (SF). Currently live in Orlando, Fl, and work in DC. Just lurking to see whats going on.

noname18
11-03-2005, 05:48
Whats up everyone? I'm new to the site. Was led here by some teammates. Thanks for all you do and hope I can be an asset to all in need. Presently in the sandbox but hope to be back at Campbell soon.

De Oppresso Liber

Kyobanim
11-03-2005, 07:57
Welcome all.
Rickmco, where at in Orlando?

rickmco
11-03-2005, 15:36
Isle of Pines by Lake Mary Jane

Roguish Lawyer
11-03-2005, 15:46
Welcome, new guys. Stay safe, noname.

Kyobanim
11-03-2005, 18:56
Isle of Pines by Lake Mary Jane

Fern Park, here.

spec1337
11-04-2005, 15:04
Hello to all! My name is Brian. I'm from Indiana, went to IU. I am married, no kids yet. I just got done with Language; now I am waiting to go to SERE, and then I'll be moving to Kentucky. Other than that, I will probably just be browsing...

Pete
11-04-2005, 17:08
Presently in the sandbox but hope to be back at Campbell soon.

Welcome all, and be safe out there.

Pete

Wamps
11-04-2005, 21:35
Hey everyone,

I begin OSUT as an 18x'er 20060102. The information and opinions on this site are appreciated. I hope that I have the privilege of someday meeting and serving with those who have provided their advice and occasional verbal pummelings. If you want to know anything not in my profile, just ask.

--Kris

Spook
11-04-2005, 21:56
I'm new to this site, some high-speed friends linked me to it. Live in CA., working OCONUS currently. Should be stateside in Dec. to see my 4 month old boy for the first time. Will be stopping in/out for sporadic intel/sitreps re:SWA. Later brothers. MIKE OSCAR...OUT.

ShadowOptics
11-05-2005, 00:51
My name is Adam, I'm from Groveport, Ohio. I am an 18X DEP, but I am striving to be an 18B. My hobbies include firearms collecting and Airsoft simulations. Special Forces appeals to me because I am motivated to learn and work to the extent of my capabilities and would like to work with people who share these same traits.

Spook
11-05-2005, 13:47
Hello all! This is my second time posting on this site. I originally posted w/out a proper intro, sorry. So here it is...
My name's Joe. I'm a 28 year old Marine veteran living in CA. Served in the Marines with the 7th Regiment(3rd BN and 1st BN), based at MCAGTFTC 29, Palms. During that period saw tours OCONUS as part of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force while designated Regimental Combat Team-7. Now doing some contractor work overseas. I want to learn more about SF and give a shot at a NG unit in CA upon my return, I understand the 19th Group has a unit near my home. Will contact them in the near future. Until then I hope to browse the forum as a learning tool and pick the brains of those who are SF qualled. Thanks for your timme and the great forum to learn from. Always eager for knowledge. Later...

11-05-2005, 15:35
Hello,

My name is Alex. I am currently a high school student in Canada, including this year two years away from graduation. Some day I hope to join the ranks of the US SOF. But until then, all I can do is get physically prepared and read what this forum and others have to offer. Thank you very much to all you Quiet Professionals and others who have created this forum. With out I would be much less informed.

Sincerely,
Alex

NousDefionsDoc
11-05-2005, 20:17
Welcome aboard all.

Analyzer
11-06-2005, 00:30
Hello everybody,
My name's Kurt. I'm a Non-Qual (13F) in 1/A/19th up in Washington. While sitting in the school pipeline, I've taken to working security contracts. At home, I do construction stuff, and I'm currently awaiting my first child.
Hopefully, I can be of some benefit to anybody that is interested in private contracting, though I haven't been overseas with it like many of my coworkers. I also look forward to seeing what you all have to say. It seems like everyone I've met from the various Groups has had a very unique experience. (And it never hurts to learn lessons the easy way.)

Welcome Home,
Kurt

Paul Gomez
11-06-2005, 14:35
Greetings.

Some friends suggested I stop by and post my review of the Blackhawk Serpa holster. I see that Smokin Joe has already given the highlights from the Arizona class. I cover a bit more details and some other incidents with the design in my review.

I figure an introduction was in order, just so you know where the info is coming from.

I was an 11H with the 25th on active duty, followed by stints as a 13F, 12B, 11B and 95B in various National Gurad units in Louisiana and Oregon.

I was a cop for awhile. Quit that three years back to be a stay-at-home dad for my kids.

I've been a training junkie for the last decade or so and I teach with a couple of different training organizations. The primary class that I've assisted with over the last year consists of a bit of livefire pistol work and then a bunch of FIST helmet and Simunitions work done at contact distance. In that class, we see a lot of gear failures and a lot of stress induced issues come to our attention.

I hope the review is of interest to some of you.

Sincerely,

Paul Gomez

I'm an illiterate bastard who should have spent abit more time figuringout where to put my intro.

Air.177
11-06-2005, 16:30
Welcome aboard Paul. Thanks for your input on the holster.

NousDefionsDoc
11-06-2005, 16:35
I'm an illiterate bastard who should have spent abit more time figuringout where to put my intro.
I'm here for ya...:lifter

Welcome aboard.

Paul Gomez
11-06-2005, 16:56
Thanks.:D

underoath22
11-06-2005, 17:10
I'd like to introduce myself...my names Nick...im technically not new to this site...ive been reading the forums for awhile, but i figured its about time i join the party and start taking some more detailed notes.

Tom Odom
11-07-2005, 08:52
Just a note to introduce myself. I retired from active duty in 1996; my final 30 months was as the US Defense Attache in Zaire (now Congo) and Rwanda. As the DATT in Rwanda, I had an ODB and 2 ODAs from 3rd Group working for me in establishing the US-Rwandan demining Office. I was a FAO for most of my 20; my overseas tours besides the last one were Turkey, Sudan, and Lebanon-Egypt-Israel.

I have written 3 books and co-authored a 4th. You can see my posting on that under area information regarding Africa.

At present I am the CALL military analyst in the JRTC CALL Cell.

Best all,
Tom:o

Bill Harsey
11-07-2005, 09:27
Just caught up reading the intros,
Good looking crew, Welcome aboard everyone.

Thanks for logging on here.

Prospect
11-07-2005, 09:27
Hello all, a little introduction. My name is Jared, and I'm a young 11B currently serving in Afghanistan. I’m still new to the Army, and I’m glad to be where I am for the experience; I believe that I’ll be a much more effective leader with this actual combat experience to pass on. I'm very new to the site, only having looked around for a day or two, and I am mainly here simply to lurk and learn. I appreciate all of you QPs and others out there who have taken your time to post good, relevant information on this site for the benefit of all. I hope to spend many more nights in the future digging through the helpful archives of this great site. Thanks again

-Jared

Team Sergeant
11-07-2005, 09:38
Hello all, a little introduction. My name is Jared, and I'm a young 11B currently serving in Afghanistan. I’m still new to the Army, and I’m glad to be where I am for the experience; I believe that I’ll be a much more effective leader with this actual combat experience to pass on. I'm very new to the site, only having looked around for a day or two, and I am mainly here simply to lurk and learn. I appreciate all of you QPs and others out there who have taken your time to post good, relevant information on this site for the benefit of all. I hope to spend many more nights in the future digging through the helpful archives of this great site. Thanks again

-Jared

Welcome Jared.

We're all thinking about you guys (and gals) serving over seas.
Do your job as best you can and remember what Gen. Patton once said in a WWII speech...

"There is one great thing that you men will all be able to say after this war is over and you are home once again. You may be thankful that twenty years from now when you are sitting by the fireplace with your grandson on your knee and he asks you what you did in the great World War II, you WON'T have to cough, shift him to the other knee and say, 'Well, your Granddaddy shoveled shit in Louisiana.' No, Sir, you can look him straight in the eye and say, 'Son, your Granddaddy rode with the Great Third Army and a Son-of-a-Goddamned-Bitch named Georgie Patton!'

That is all."

Be proud of what you are doing in Afganistan, and remember you come from a long line of "fighting" Americans.

TS

remotemedic
11-07-2005, 11:26
Gooday Gents - quick hello to everyone on the site. More information on my profile. Cheers

Team Sergeant
11-07-2005, 12:34
Gooday Gents - quick hello to everyone on the site. More information on my profile. Cheers

Looks like the Brits have found us!

Welcome aboard mate!

Team Sergeant

no1raider
11-07-2005, 18:26
Hello to all, my name is Jason, I am a 21yr old senior in college and I will finish out my degree in July 06...I aspire to be SF and I signed 18X on 20051105...I have come to this site to learn all that I can before I ship 20060905...I will be lurking.

Genji
11-08-2005, 17:09
Hello, I have been reading these forums for some time so i thought it would be best not do so as a guest.

Great site and utmost respect to you all~Thanx

Kyobanim
11-08-2005, 19:18
Welcome All!

Huey14
11-09-2005, 06:35

Welcome aboard, Marine. :)

adidasink
11-09-2005, 09:23
Hello all!

I am 29 years old from Dallas, TX. I currently work for Southwest Airlines as a DBA. I have always wanted to serve my country and more importanty be a member of a SFG. I am currently pursuing my dream with the 20th out of Mobile, AL. I have completed the first part of my paperwork and will hopefully be able to meet with them really soon to get the ball rolling faster up that long hill.

I am a member of SOCNET as well with the same screen name and am really here to read up and learn. My belief is that the more you know the stronger you will be. And thanks to you all I have started that long journey with alot of insight, knowledge and informed decisions regarding my dream of joining a SFG!

Thanks again, and dont mind me for lurking!

*Edit for terrible spelling....sometimes I type to fast!
-John

sleeplessmedic
11-09-2005, 20:11
Good evening, gentlemen. I am a Paramedic as well as a Corpsman with a USMC Reserve tank company; ideally a Recon battalion is in the near future. I stumbled across this bboard during a Google search and thought it better to register than just browse and lurk.

That having been said, it's likely you won't hear much from me, I am one of those keep my distance and my opinions to myself kind of guys. I suppose that counts as lurking.

BB493
11-10-2005, 14:26
Hello. I'm a 30 year old LEO with 7+ years on the job. Prior to my current position I enlisted in the NJARNG when I was 17. I did one year before going active duty as a 13F in the 1st ID and 1AD. After three years active duty I transfered to the COARNG where I spent two years before getting out.

My current assignment is patrol/ SFST and intoxilyzer instructor/ Firearms instructor/ armorer and Honor Guard member.

Thanks for letting me tag along on your forum. I hope to learn and contribute where I can. I also post on several other boards under the same name.

B51
11-11-2005, 00:29
I am definitely a little behind on the intro, and for that I apologize.

Served in the Navy, Active and Reserves as a "Deck Ape", and a Corpsman on both the Blue side and the Green. Recently seperated when I couldn't get Uncle Sam to send me over. Tried volunteering, crossing units, etc. And then went over on a PSD/Medic contract. But have still always missed the military. Recently I have been considering trading in my Popeye outfit for an Army one, and trying medical in that uniform. I truly miss that cohesion that you really can't get anywhere else. Plenty of other crap that goes with it. But when you look back, you always remember the good stuff.

On the Civ side, I work as Firefighter and Paramedic, SWAT also. I'm in charge of the EMS for the organization I am a part of in PA. Been involved in the Fire and EMS stuff for more than 14 years. Followed in the footsteps of my father (in more ways than one, as he was a USN Corpsman as well, attached to a USMC line unit in Viet Nam).
Oh well, that's enough boring stuff about me. Just looking to learn what I can, and do what I can.

Thanks,
Ted

mugwump
11-11-2005, 14:36
Hello all, this is my first post. I arrived here via a circuitous route: an old Ranger friend once advised: "Ask carefully on SOCNET", which somehow led me to Lightfighter, where a Sneaky Doc posted a link to a T and E review here...

I'm CEO of a software company that supports big pharma and DoD medical research. I have a wife, son and daughter. I used to be a technical diver - mostly deep wrecks - but nowadays I stick to shallow, warm water with my daughter. I've always been a gun nut and love to backpack, but job, family, and a DCS hit (hence the warm and shallow) keep me closer to home these days. Much of my spare time is taken up preparing morale packages for guys around the world, including my Son's friends in Iraq.

I will endeavor to stay firmly in my lane!

Gypsy
11-11-2005, 19:07
Welcome to everyone, and special thanks to those of you who have or are serving!

medicerik
11-11-2005, 20:17
My name is Erik. I'm 24 years old, a civilian medic and a graduate student in Public Health. I provide ground 911 care, do some critical care transport, and am just starting in the world of TEMS. I really appreciate being able to lurk on this board and learn from the best in the world in prehospital medicine.

Thank you

TFM
11-12-2005, 10:35
Hello All,

I'm not really new here, but I have been away at Fort Benning for the past four months completing infantry training. It's great to be back. I'm glad the site is still going good. Originally my goal was to go 18X, but after some weeks at Fort Benning I realized infantry school was a better way to start for me. It kicked my ass at first in the worst way, and I was in decent shape going in. A 300 pt score sounds a lot more practical than it used to. The company I was in was pretty high speed. I had fun though, and I look forward to getting to my unit where the real work begins. I really appreciate all combat soldiers a hell of a lot more now knowing what it takes just to get through ITB. I'm proud to be one.

TFM

kyleinWA
11-12-2005, 17:10
Hello everyone. It is very exciting to find such a well run message board. I was referred here by Dark Helmet. My name is Kyle and I live in washington state. My godfather/uncle served over 20 yrs in SF. His name is D. Holt.

The reason I am interested in talking to everyone here is when I was 10 yrs old in 1980. My uncle came to Ft. Lewis for an exercise called "operation goblin night". My house was used for this exercise. I am interested in talking to anyone who was there for that week. I also instructed approximately 6 guys from the 1st group in Hapkido around 1992-93. I didnt get to know them real well because they shipped out unexpectedly.

Anyway, thank you for allowing me the priveledge of registering. I am looking forward to talking to some of you.

Kyle

crow
11-12-2005, 23:13
Hello everyone. I am trying to get into the SFNG in Springfield Ma. I am prior service 11B/M. 87-91 PROUDLY serving in the cold war and the gulf( B-6/6 INF 1AD). I dont why I am drawn toward the SF group. I think it has to do with working with professionals. Regular army, we were good, but most just didnt want to be there. SF, everone WANTS to be there, Everyone WANTS to work together,
everyone Wants to do there best. I Failed SFAS in 91. I was so disappointed in myself that I left what I loved. The ARMY. Now I'm 36 and out of shape. I'll be Damb if I fail this time. Its only been 5 weeks and I've lost 55 lbs, went from 7pu to 35. 10 su to 50. could walk 1/2 mile to jogging 3 (10 min mile) and roadmarching 5 mile with 55lbs in 62 min. nowhere near standard but is a start. I still ask myself if I want to do this. The answer is always yes.
I am self employed. I am going to give a up alot to do this. Failure IS NOT AN OPTION. I will be the best, and serve my country to the best of my ability.
CROW

Mrs_W
11-13-2005, 09:46
Hello All. Here’s my little intro and blurb.

My husband is Wamps, an 18X leaving 20060102, which is how I came upon the site. I have the utmost respect for all who serve our country, but I have the highest level of admiration for the Quiet Professionals. I hope that my hub makes it through to join you. I'll be proud of him no matter what he does, but when he's far away and I have no idea where he may be or who he's fighting - I'd be able to fall asleep a lot easier at night knowing he has the BEST America has to offer watching his back.

This isn’t an ass-kissing contest, it’s from the heart ... God Bless you all for what you do- in the shadows and out of the spotlight, often going unrecognized and un-thanked… (and of course you'd have it no other way :o ) – Thank you for all you do. And thanks for the site, it's the best resource i've found.

~Kristen

Ubah Grozny
11-13-2005, 16:37
Hello All

Just a FOG knuckle dragger 11F PDRL'd after three tours RVN got out SSG. Live across the street from Ft. Campbell usually golf at Cole Park. Have meet many of the new breed Quite Professionals and am very impressed by them. Also know a few old timers. Probably will lurk and learn-speak up if I have a relevant contribution to make.

To those that have served thanks-to those that are still serving God Speed and keep safe.

Sindervhit
11-13-2005, 19:15
Hi all, my name is Damon I got out of active duty with 3rd ID late last year and left feeling pretty disappointed. I've been dancing around going active SF or NG SF (I live near 19th Group) and think I've decided to go with the 19th. I'm looking forward to Selection here in the next few months (hopefully) and would love any advice any QP's out there want to throw my way. I also go by this nick on AR15.com and 10-8forums.net.
Thanks all, and it's a pleasure meeting you.

DY

yomp599
11-14-2005, 06:57
Hello lads and lasses I'm yomp599 , also to be found on lightfighter and socnet..I hope to contribute when I can but mainly to learn...even if it's when to shut my yob...:cool:

CPTAUSRET
11-14-2005, 08:42
Hello All

Just a FOG knuckle dragger 11F PDRL'd after three tours RVN got out SSG. Live across the street from Ft. Campbell usually golf at Cole Park. Have meet many of the new breed Quite Professionals and am very impressed by them. Also know a few old timers. Probably will lurk and learn-speak up if I have a relevant contribution to make.

To those that have served thanks-to those that are still serving God Speed and keep safe.

Welcome aboard, you will find a few other VN vets on board as well.

Terry

CPTAUSRET
11-14-2005, 08:45
Hello lads and lasses I'm yomp599 , also to be found on lightfighter and socnet..I hope to contribute when I can but mainly to learn...even if it's when to shut my yob...:cool:

yomp:

I believe I recognize you from SOCNET.

Be advised there is absolutely no racial prejudice to be found on these boards, and none will be tolerated.

Welcome aboard.

Terry

Delta Recon
11-14-2005, 09:44
Gentlemen, Ladies:

New to the site. Great place. VN SF type. One Zero for Project Delta Recon and as instructor for Recondo and at SWC. Not known for being a "sensitive 90s kind of guy." No place in the world is like the SF community. We can disagree, evne been in a brawl or two but there was mutual respect for men that are indeed "Special" particularly in a world where mediocrity is the best most can muster.

james

NousDefionsDoc
11-14-2005, 10:37
Welcome aboard Brother

Team Sergeant
11-14-2005, 11:28
Not known for being a "sensitive 90s kind of guy."
james

I've been tagged with the "90's kind of guy" label, 1890 to be exact....

Welcome aboard James.

Peregrino
11-14-2005, 12:00
I've been tagged with the "90's kind of guy" label, 1890 to be exact....

Welcome aboard James.

I'm guessing that's 1890's AZ and not 1890"s NYC (they were already pretty whiney even that far back!). :D Welcome all. Peregrino

yomp599
11-14-2005, 16:54
GTG... and appreciated

yomp:

I believe I recognize you from SOCNET.

Be advised there is absolutely no racial prejudice to be found on these boards, and none will be tolerated.

Welcome aboard.

Terry

Ramses
11-14-2005, 17:43
Hey, im new here, my name is matt. If you want to ask me anything, feel free to do so. thanks.

Yes I'll ask, have you read the board rules, like the part that said "No URL's in sig lines?" Strike one.

Team Sergeant

NousDefionsDoc
11-14-2005, 18:12
Hey, im new here, my name is matt. If you want to ask me anything, feel free to do so. thanks.
Hi Matt, my name is NDD and I'll be serving you tonight.

The menu for tonight includes a delicious starter of "Soup of Follow Simple Instructions and Post in the Introduction Forum" followed by a main course of "Square Away that Profile with a side of 'Forest' is not a location."

For dessert we have our special - "That's One!"

Enjoy your posting experience and feel free to read ALL the stickies during your stay.

Do have a very SF Day and thank you for choosing PS.com!

Huey14
11-14-2005, 18:38
I bet you're the kind of waiter who would piss in someone's beer :D

Welcome to all, especially the Brit guys, though. I'm doing my best to uphold the Queen's English around here. :lifter

ObliqueApproach
11-18-2005, 08:55
Hello from a long term sand box EXPAT and a card carrying member of "The Professionals". I was recently introduced to this website and am very impressed with the quality/professionalism of the discussions, the breadth of experience, and the obvious loyalty to an American ideal represented by the people participating in these discussions. I left Group and the Army 12 years ago for the Middle East and reading through this site makes me feel as if I never left.

It all sounds like BS, but I am serious! I will provide my bona fides to the Team Sergeant shortly. I am looking forward to reading more from our SF brethren's experiences from around the globe and hope that I can provide some input as well.

Thanks

De Oppresso Liber

NousDefionsDoc
11-18-2005, 10:32
Welcome aboard!

Bill Harsey
11-18-2005, 10:46
Catching up my reading here.
Welcome aboard everyone.

To those blessed with NDD's attention, listen to what he says. It's a health issue.

cowboy6
11-19-2005, 17:22
Hello Troopers
How are you all? Former Ga Guard here. Car accident ended My career of 18yrs as a MP last year has been hard but getting back on the saddle going to try LE and To swat at the age of 36 if i can.

Just have to get back in shape, any good workout routines out there pm me please .

been doing the basic apft test but it is hard and doing a little at a time .

a-3-7
11-19-2005, 20:36
18A with 14 years on active duty, mostly with 7th SFG at Bragg and in Panama. One tour in 1/3. In 19th SFG since 1996. I am sure I know many of you guys. Nice place you have here.

The Reaper
11-19-2005, 21:16
18A with 14 years on active duty, mostly with 7th SFG at Bragg and in Panama. One tour in 1/3. In 19th SFG since 1996. I am sure I know many of you guys. Nice place you have here.

a-3-7:

Welcome aboard.

If your initials are MC, drop me a PM.

TR

SeekHer
11-20-2005, 09:24
Good morning,

Sorry I didn't introduce myself before posting a reply.

My name is SeekHer, I reside, now, in Manitoba, Canada where I have been a salesman for a retail household chemicals maker dealing with supermarkets, etc. I am recovering from a broken back, acquired while deer hunting, so I haven't worked in awhile...

I was a member of a Sayeret Nahal (Advanced Scouting Unit like Rangers) group of the Israeli Defence Force (IDF) prior to, during and post the Yom Kipper War as a sniper in Egypt (WIA), The Sinai, Mt. Hermon (WIA) and the Golan Heights and lastly Lebanon (WIA) and after mustering out was on reserve duty in the Golan Heights--where the Kibbutz that I was a member in is still located...the duty was primarily tracking terrorists crossing over from Lebanon or Syria, ambushes and guard details in the border watchtowers...we were also primary units with the Border Patrol against the hashish caravans...yearly 30 day reserve duty is mandatory until age 55

I trust this is sufficient and welcome any questions that I can, of course, answer.

rossl
11-20-2005, 18:42
Hello everyone. I went through "the last easy class" at the SFQC in 1984. MY SF Assignments were to 10th SFGA and then to SOCEUR. Retired in 1994. Afterward worked as a volunteer at Tom Brown's school of Wilderness Survival for about a year. Now work for US Forest Service in Arkansas.

NYFratBoy
11-21-2005, 22:19
I screwed up the first time and posted my introduction on the bulletin board, I was chewed out for that and I deserved it, I'm sorry. But now here I am trying to start fresh and say hello to all of you men whom I admire and hope to learn from as I continue my quest of knowledge about the Special Forces.

SOC Tab
11-21-2005, 22:37
New to this site Ladies and Gents, but been around the AO a few times. I'll be lying in wait and reading up on the topics. Maybe I'll come across some old friends on here. Good luck to all the past/present Operators out there.

Stiletto11
11-21-2005, 22:48
Gentlemen:

I have 8 years on jump status as 11B including an assignment with 11SFG. I went SFAS in 89 and blew out my LPC's (poor prep work) and didn't meet the standards. After a 12 year break in service I am in the Guard at age 48. I'd like to have another crack at it using the training guidelines in Get Selected.

Doc
11-23-2005, 22:53
Gentlemen:

I have 8 years on jump status as 11B including an assignment with 11SFG. I went SFAS in 89 and blew out my LPC's (poor prep work) and didn't meet the standards. After a 12 year break in service I am in the Guard at age 48. I'd like to have another crack at it using the training guidelines in Get Selected.

Good luck. You are one tough hombre.

Doc

wa_medic
11-24-2005, 20:10
Hello Gents,

Found this sight a few days ago and thought I might introduce myself. Spent an enlistment w/ the 82nd in the early 90's. Been working for a number of years as a paramedic and ACLS instructor. Currently in medical school and hold interests in expedetion and wilderness medicine. Talk with you guys later.

Cheers,

wa

The Reaper
11-24-2005, 21:36
Hello,

I am fourteen and a freshman in high school. I hope to some day persue a 18x contract. For now I'll just read and do PT :lifter

TheSleeper

Wise beyond your years.

TR

casey
11-25-2005, 13:37
Good morning,

Sorry I didn't introduce myself before posting a reply.

My name is SeekHer, I reside, now, in Manitoba, Canada where I have been a salesman for a retail household chemicals maker dealing with supermarkets, etc. I am recovering from a broken back, acquired while deer hunting, so I haven't worked in awhile...

I was a member of a Sayeret Nahal (Advanced Scouting Unit like Rangers) group of the Israeli Defence Force (IDF) prior to, during and post the Yom Kipper War as a sniper in Egypt (WIA), The Sinai, Mt. Hermon (WIA) and the Golan Heights and lastly Lebanon (WIA) and after mustering out was on reserve duty in the Golan Heights--where the Kibbutz that I was a member in is still located...the duty was primarily tracking terrorists crossing over from Lebanon or Syria, ambushes and guard details in the border watchtowers...we were also primary units with the Border Patrol against the hashish caravans...yearly 30 day reserve duty is mandatory until age 55

I trust this is sufficient and welcome any questions that I can, of course, answer.

And the last time you laid eyes on Qunietra was ?

Rodeo
11-26-2005, 14:13
Great site, great information, here to learn, lurk and ask the occasional question. I am a college student, firefighter/paramedic and joining the guard early next month.

Thanks, Chris

QRQ 30
11-26-2005, 14:32
Hello everyone. I went through "the last easy class" at the SFQC in 1984. .

Dayem, I thought I went through the last easy class, along with the last easy Jump School, last easy AIT and last easy Basic. That's what we were told.:D

wasted_youf
11-27-2005, 21:00
Hi everyone.

New guy here. I'm originally from the UK, living now in NJ. I'm planning on joining the National Guard with my wife as soon as my papers come through.

Anyway, hope to learn lots here, and I guess I'll be mostly lurking.

kjaxin
11-27-2005, 22:04
I'm a 3Rd Group guy... well I'm a middle aged 3Rd Group cherry anyway. I came over from Mil.com, use the same handle there and SOCNET. I have had very little to say in the past and plan on continuing that course of action.

Thanks to GH for mentioning "Professional Soldiers."

AJ - out

slipshoe
11-27-2005, 23:08
um, I think of myself as a soldier, though I've yet to make it out of Tradoc... not for lack of trying, I just have a really really long school... So whatever that makes me. Anyway, I don't know where I'll be stationed yet, but I do have my airborne packet in, and I'm praying for something good.

-Jason

The Bonus
11-28-2005, 15:12
Hello,

Very much appreciate this site and the information contained. Much thanks and respect to everyone that has served, esp. QP's. Looking forward to more lurking and learning. Thanks again for the opportunity to be here!

The Bonus

Damonz5
11-28-2005, 19:58
Good evening gentleman, in the process of getting ready for the jan SFAS, been looking around on your site and am thoroughly impressed with all of the good info. Look forward to corresponding in the next couple of months.

ptwob106
11-28-2005, 23:12
Hello to all. This is my first post, but I've been a subscriber and a fan for awhile...

Let me just say "Thanks" for all the outstanding advice I gleaned from those who've been there and done it before I headed off for Selection last month... your thoughts and wisdom really paid off when I was in the sh*t and sucking big time. Also, thanks to Maj Martin for writing the book and helping us rookies figure out how to keep putting our best foot forward.

Earlier this month I was Selected in class 001-06. I must say, living as Roster 140 for 24 days and coming out the other end successfully was the most humbling, moving, and profound experience of my life. I'm looking forward to continuing "doing my best" and earning the right to be a part of the brotherhood.

Thanks again for maintaining this site and for helping the new guys like myself.

PTWOB106 (Adam)

Bill Harsey
11-29-2005, 07:28
Welcome aboard everyone.
It's good to see folks posting here in the intros.

oquinnr
11-29-2005, 08:49
Hello everyone. Been lurking, reading and learning for a while now. I am amazed at the amount of quality information that can be found here. Thanks to you all.

WGreene7898
11-29-2005, 09:21
To all who see this message; Greetings.

I am currently working as a contractor at Ft Campbell, KY. I work with Da Rock and the other roleplayers at Cassidy.

Most of people I worked with in group are either retired or on the thinking end of the sword.

I am just part of the straitigic reserve

Team Sergeant
11-29-2005, 09:40
To all who see this message; Greetings.

I am currently working as a contractor at Ft Campbell, KY. I work with Da Rock and the other roleplayers at Cassidy.

Most of people I worked with in group are either retired or on the thinking end of the sword.

I am just part of the straitigic reserve

Welcome aboard!

I was on active duty with "Da Rock". Tell'em that the guys on here say hello....

Team Sergeant

adidasink
11-29-2005, 10:29
I already posted an intro...but I can not wait till Dec 16th when I head to Birmingham, AL to see my recruiter and change from an asset to an SF Candidate!!!

I also wanted to thank every QP out there for protecting our rights, our way of life, and helping liberate the oppressed....great work all, and I hope to join the ranks of the elite few that are willing to be a part of something larger then just living free and enjoying the freedom you all protect for us to enjoy!

Thanks again....

-John (Rep 63 hopeful)

Gutterfighting
11-30-2005, 06:29
Hey All,

My name is Chuck Daniels. I am a new guy to this forum. not SF just a college student. i wish i had something exciting to share with you. i really enjoy old Samurai fighting methods that have modern day applications to real world combat. Combat Submission Wrestling (CSW) and knife fighting. Close combat and CQB i have been a hobby of mine as well. other than that, i work security for a private company and i am a Arabic and Russian language student.

stay safe guys. Happy Holidays and if there is anything that i can add to this intro please let me know.

Chuck D -- GF

Dragon2Zero
12-01-2005, 00:55
Hello all. Just lettin' ya'all know I'm here! :D

FWIW, I am ... ahem ... "older" and am looking for way back into the Big Army. I don't want to bore everyone w/ details, so PM/email me for the skinny on my situation ... maybe some one here might be able to help an old 11B out w/ a suggestion or two?

D2Z

ABN_FO
12-01-2005, 18:44
I ENJOY READING THE POSTS IN THE FORUMS, IT IS A WEALTH OF INFO FROM MANY DIFFERENT POINTS OF VIEW. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK FELLAS.

Team Sergeant
12-01-2005, 19:19
We're going to close this thread and open "Introductions II"

Team Sergeant