PDA

View Full Version : Introductions-Your first post on this board goes here.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Sacamuelas
05-25-2005, 08:13
Welcome Abu Jack.

Sacamuelas
05-25-2005, 08:24
welcome super Nerd....I merged your thread. Intros belong here.

After reading your post, you are more than welcome to browse/read/learn all that you can on this site. After all, that is one of the reasons for its creation. However, I would caution you against posting much if at all. NOTE: There are not many threads on this board where a 13 yr old's perspective is relevant or needed- including asking generalized questions. Keep this in mind before hitting that submit button and you will do fine.

[/ situational awareness briefing] :cool:

aricbcool
05-25-2005, 21:17
Q-nerd. You will want to fill out your profile too. :)

--Aric

Roguish Lawyer
05-26-2005, 08:38
It seems that 10th Group is on the verge of outnumbering 7th on this site. :munchin

Yoshi
05-26-2005, 16:51
Hello,

I've been lurking for a couple of months, soaking up information and such. I am 29 and recently signed an 18x contract. This site has been a great place to silently get my questions answered. I won't be posting much, just wanted to introduce myself.

NousDefionsDoc
05-26-2005, 22:20
Welcome one and all.

12B4S
05-27-2005, 00:32
Welcome Everyone......

JAG
05-27-2005, 16:35
Hey everyone.

I was posting on the lightfighter forums for a couple of months, then when I got my contract, I told some of the guys there and one of them directed me here. I did indeed get the 18x...with a ridiculously huge signing bonus. I also know that just because i got the contract, it doesn't mean shit. But I plan on proving myself 1000 times over. :lifter

I have read all the stickys and rules to the forum, I hope to learn a great deal from all you BTDTs, and hopefully along the way, i'll be able to put in some insightful input of my own. And of course along the way, i'll try not to piss anyone off either. :D

Thanks for having me on your forums, and I look foward to speaking with all of you. :cool:

Joe

Team Sergeant
05-27-2005, 18:56
I have read all the stickys and rules to the forum, I hope to learn a great deal from all you BTDTs,
Joe

We like the title of Quiet Professionals, or QP's. (Forget the BTDT stuff.)

Welcome aboard.

Team Sergeant

JAG
05-28-2005, 11:05
roger that sir.

Thanks for the welcome.

CSB
05-28-2005, 21:15
I had to ask.

CB
LTC, JAG (Ret.)

JAG
05-29-2005, 20:01
lol no...they are my initials.

hoorayfersocks
06-01-2005, 10:44
Hi everyone. I guess introducing myself would be the first (and most polite) thing to do. I'm currently a 21F (crane operator) with the 244th Eng Bn in the Army Reserve. I recently decided that the reserve wasn't cutting it for me and I wanted to move on to bigger, better things. I thought about Special Forces when I first joined the Army, but was afraid to leave home. Now that I've grown up a bit more, I think I was dumb not to look deeper into it. I've been speaking with a recruiter and have put in my request for release to active duty. Unfortunately, I may have to go back to basic training (haha, sucks for me!), but being the optomistic person that I am, I tell myself it'll be good for me. If nothing else it'll get my PT back on track, eh? :lifter
I look forward to speaking with The Quiet Professionals. I like making contact with someone who has achieved a goal similar to my own because that shows me that my goals are not impossible to obtain. I am pleased to be a new part of this community and hope that my stay here is awesome!

Firebeef
06-01-2005, 11:00
howdy Broomfield from Greality!! Go for it! You'll only regret it if you DON'T try!

Books
06-01-2005, 17:05
Howdy Folks. . . Got turned onto this website by a friend and felt the proper thing to do if I'm going to lurk and listen is to at least register officially. Went through Selection a few months ago (05-05) and a week later went to Airborne school. Loved Selection, hated Airborne - the actual jumping is great, the school is mind numbing. I'm a former sailor, turned pogue who has wanted to do SF his entire life. So now, I'm doing it. Since I'm essentially an FNG though I'll shut up and let my betters speak. Many thanks to the Team Guys for their service, their experience, and (selfishly) their willingness to share it with the new guys. Stay safe.

sterling
06-01-2005, 22:52
I would like to take this time to say Hello. This site is great. And let us make no mistake about this that some of the characters that seem to be regulars here are what make this site great. Bravo Zulu.

CPTAUSRET
06-02-2005, 08:30
Welcome aboard, everybody!

Terry

DanAK47
06-05-2005, 20:25
I've been reading here and across the pond in several places for a while. I'll be going 18X once I'm through college. Thank you for taking the time to create and maintain this forum and offer us readers advice.

SuntannedMonk
06-08-2005, 01:45
Hello my name is Andrew and I tought I would introduce myself. I am currently applying to the Army's WOFT program, was not selected the first time by the USAREC board, will be boarded again in one month. My untimate goal is to fly for the 160th, but if I am not selected for flight trainning I will persue a 18x contract and I came here to make sure I know exactly what I will be geting myself into.

Blue Star Mom
06-08-2005, 09:53
Hi - my name is Marian. I'm a mom of an 18xer who is currently in Selections - started Monday, June 6. I've gained a lot of insight into the training of an SF soldier and wish all of you the best in your training and careers.

Praying for all of our troops around the world and Pres. Bush as he leads them.

Marian
Blue Star Mom and proud army mom (PAM)

Team Sergeant
06-08-2005, 10:05
Hi - my name is Marian. I'm a mom of an 18xer who is currently in Selections - started Monday, June 6.
Marian

LOL, had my mom known I was joining Special Forces I'd still be grounded!

Welcome to Professional Soldiers.

Team Sergeant

Roguish Lawyer
06-08-2005, 10:31
And the ranks from SoCal continue to grow! Welcome, Blue Star Mom.

Doc
06-08-2005, 17:20
Hi - my name is Marian. I'm a mom of an 18xer who is currently in Selections - started Monday, June 6. I've gained a lot of insight into the training of an SF soldier and wish all of you the best in your training and careers.

Praying for all of our troops around the world and Pres. Bush as he leads them.

Marian

Welcome aboard Blue Star Mom!

We're glad to have you join us and post your thoughts.

There's also an organization for Blue Star Moms I have linked below;

http://www.bluestarmothers.org/

Doc

DOL

Jack Moroney (RIP)
06-08-2005, 18:55
Welcome Marian! My wife's flying one of those blue star flags also.

Jack Moroney

Blue Star Mom
06-08-2005, 21:12
Thanks for the welcome. There is a Blue Star Mother's chapter here in OC that I'm a part of.

I am mostly here to educate myself on this whole world of SF...trying to be the best support I can be to my son. When he speaks in acronyms I can follow along pretty well! :rolleyes:

I have tons of questions like what is he going through with Selections, how well did SOPC prepare him for SFAS - and when is he going to be able to come home etc., but I know I'll have to wait for some of those questions to be answered. So, we wait and pray and wait and pray and wait for June 30th.

Thanks again and I'll slip into the background and learn some more!

Marian

aricbcool
06-09-2005, 17:14
DanAK47 & SuntannedMonk

Welcome! :)

ketch
06-10-2005, 18:08
Hello all,

I am a 25 y/o student that has been feet dry since '01. I was a Cav Scout (19D) and miss the company (people). I just discovered this site today, and after lurking around a bit, I think you've got a good thing going. I am looking forward to making friends and learning new tricks. My schedule is pretty crazy so I probably won't be able to post much, but I usually don't anyway. Anyone in Texas planning a grand adventure give me a call (other than contract work, wife says no way).

May it suck the way you like it, and you like the way it sucks.
And a very SF day to you all!

ElRog
06-12-2005, 15:01
Hello All,
Long time 7th Grouper here. Just retired last year. Been in Iraq for 10 months supporting 1st Cav, now 3ID.

I know a few people here. We will see if I post much. I'd like too. We will see.

Sacamuelas
06-12-2005, 20:02
Welcome ElRog!

goaltendah1
06-13-2005, 16:23
Hi everyone, my name is Jeff and I’m new here. I came in search of information about SOF.

A little bit of a background on me first off. I am not in SOF. I am not HSLD (yet). I want to get that out front first. I know that there is a problem with people posing on the net, and I want to make it clear up front that I am not making any claims.

I served 9 years in the Marine Corps. I fixed radios. It's alright if you like comm or electronics, but can be very boring. I got out of the Marine Corps in 2/04. I served in Iraq for OIF 1 (2/03-9-03). Right now I work for Boeing fixing gyroscopes for nukes. Sucks and boring as HELL!

I want back in the military. I am overweight right now, so I am working on weight loss. At first I was looking at the Marine Corps only, but I started considering the Army. I want something challenging and combat arms related this time, so I am looking at Airborne and SOF as some possibilities. I don't think I could make SOF right now in my physical condition, but I want to work to get back in the best shape that I can be in.

I am not going to ask any questions right off. I'm going to dig through here and see how much I can learn. I do want to say thanks for what seems to be a very professional looking forum so far and for allowing me to be a guest here.

Semper Fi,
Jeff

Roguish Lawyer
06-13-2005, 17:00
Welcome, Jeff.

TFM
06-14-2005, 08:42
Hello all. I'm Trevor AKA Commando. I have been training for SF for quite sometime and I still feel it is inadequate. Right now, I PT somewhere in the 240-255 range depending on the day. No matter how much research I do, it never seems like enough. Waivers are holding up my enlistment, but it is giving me time to get better physically, and mentally. Basically, I am trying to get as much insight as I can, not unfair advantage. I just want to be as preparded as I can be. I read the SF experience, which I found interesting. I hope to get a better feel for where I am in preparation, and learn as much as I can from the Quiet Proffessionals on this forum.

Regards,
Commando

Team Sergeant
06-14-2005, 09:51
Hello all. I'm Trevor AKA Commando. I have been training for SF for quite sometime and I still feel it is inadequate. Right now, I PT somewhere in the 240-255 range depending on the day. No matter how much research I do, it never seems like enough. Waivers are holding up my enlistment, but it is giving me time to get better physically, and mentally. Basically, I am trying to get as much insight as I can, not unfair advantage. I just want to be as preparded as I can be. I read the SF experience, which I found interesting. I hope to get a better feel for where I am in preparation, and learn as much as I can from the Quiet Proffessionals on this forum.

Regards,
Commando

Commando,

In an effort to uphold the Professional Soldiers board standards we routinely request members change their screen names. This is in part due the young impressionable children and democrats (if you followed the kerry presidential attempt you will understand) that might see such screen names and think they are really “Commandos”.

Please select a new screen name and PM any of the Professional Soldiers Admin’s and we will be more than happy to change your screen name.

Welcome and do enjoy the board.

Team Sergeant

BTW If you’re not busting 300 on your PT tests you may want to consider a management position with Wendy’s. Just a thought.

TFM
06-14-2005, 10:52
t

BTW If you’re not busting 300 on your PT tests you may want to consider a management position with Wendy’s. Just a thought. Ahhhww. Tell me your not serious!
:eek:

jbour13
06-14-2005, 10:56
Ahhhww. Tell me your not serious!

My .02 on this is you had better be joking and if not let it be known that this it the Team Sergeant's house and what he says goes.......no questions asked.

He's fairly straight forward and will advise to you via PM if necessary. My recommendation: PM the appropriate mods/admins for the name change as instructed or prepare to be embarrased!

Mods/ Admins/ TS, now that I've engaged out of my lane I'll go :lifter

Edited to add: more :lifter for me

Team Sergeant
06-14-2005, 11:00
Ahhhww. Tell me your not serious!

Dead serious.

TFM
06-14-2005, 11:00
I was referring to the part I quoted.

Team Sergeant
06-14-2005, 11:03
I was referring to the part I quoted.

I realize that and what part of dead serious do you not understand?

TFM
06-14-2005, 11:10
I realize that and what part of dead serious do you not understand?My response was to the other person that posted, who thought I was referring to the name change. I'm still working on the PT. 300 is always the goal. Thanks for the sobering honesty.

Peregrino
06-14-2005, 11:14
I don't know why I bother but here goes anyway. TS - You should get out more often. You actually sound mellow. (Or you're setting an ambush - more likely.) Obviously the Blade Show was good for you. (At least you looked like you were having a good time! :p )

Commando - The ice you're skating on is not frozen. There are reasons you were able to sign on as "Commando" on a military oriented forum. The QPs have all earned their screen names and nobody else (that wants to be taken seriously) would use one that is so obviously "wannabe". If you can't take a hint, go back to the paintball boards and play with your peers. And no - TS was not kidding about the PT scores. Less than a 300 means that you do not have the extra capacity to endure when daily activities demand 100% performance. BTW - I wouldn't advise jerking TS's chain the same as I wouldn't advise kicking a sleeping Rotweiller. FWIW - Peregrino

Edited to add - I've got to learn to type faster. Looks like this has already been taken care of. P

TFM
06-14-2005, 11:20
My appologies to all the real proffessionals. It was poor judgement on my part to use the name, which was given to me by an old military guy here at work that I am good friends with. No offense intended.

Smokin Joe
06-14-2005, 13:23
TFM,

I would HIGHLY recommend utilizing the "Grey Man" technique for a while. It will be good practice for your future endeavors.

Definitions of GREY MAN on the Web:

* A concept used by undercover agents and plain clothes police on covert a ctivities. Basically don't draw attention to yourself, dress blandly, act blandly, be as inconspicuous as possible. And keep away from kids - who like drawing attention to themselves and others.

Good Luck

RAVEN756
06-14-2005, 18:46
Good MORN, AFTERNOON or what have you,
Its a great site from what I've searched over so far. There is much more to look over I'm sure.

My current position is Ground Combat Skills Instructor, and I'm dying to get back out there!

Glad to be here, looking forward to meeting everyone. Thanks for the opportunity to post here.

RAVEN756 out................

lksteve
06-14-2005, 21:32
I've got to learn to type faster. Looks like this has already been taken care of. Pyeah, but the point is worth the emphasis...

pitdan
06-17-2005, 09:29
New here. Recently graduated from college. Have been reading some of the furums for information. I am not currently in the military nor have i ever been. Looking forward to more reading and learning.

Dynamicism
06-20-2005, 00:24
21 year old 18X shipping out to Ft. Benning on July 15th for Infantry OSUT. Looking forward to gleaning as much information and preparation as I can from this site.

Thanks.

Weazle23
06-20-2005, 00:38
Welcome to the site.

Bill Harsey
06-21-2005, 14:48
Welcome abaord all!

Been busy making sparks, haven't kept up with my homework here.

I've noticed some advice offered in the last page or two. I haven't seen the Team Sergeant display this level of patience ever.

Fonzy
06-22-2005, 17:01
Try again - The Management

The Reaper
06-22-2005, 17:09
Fonzy:

Congrats to your family for their service.

This board is not the informal place you may think it is. Please limit your profanity, text message abbreviations, and spelling/punctuation errors.

I urge you to try again and write more like you would in a note to your Professor of Military Science.

Being a soldier is all about discipline, attention to detail, and situational awareness. People die because of those mistakes and we are rather intolerant of them here.

Have a very SF Day.

TR

starsky
06-23-2005, 18:51
Hello all,

MI LT new to the board, trying to learn as much as I can. I'm compiling my packet for SF. I've already gotten some great guidance from the board and I look forward learning a lot

Thanks

NousDefionsDoc
06-23-2005, 18:55
Hello all,

MI LT new to the board, trying to learn as much as I can. I'm compiling my packet for SF. I've already gotten some great guidance from the board and I look forward learning a lot

Thanks
Yum Yum Chomp Chomp

Welcome about Lieutenant.

lksteve
06-23-2005, 19:03
welcome LT...

SilentSamurai
06-24-2005, 10:26
Good morning Gentleman. My name is Eric and i am 27 years old. I haven't served in the military due to having asthma and vocal cord problems. I am currently working on recertifing to continue working as an EMT-B. I have been learning and trying to do knifemaking but right now i am still a beginner which means my current stuff looks bad,real bad. But from the many different knifemakers i have known and spoken to have all said,practice,practice,practice. Its quite difficult to make a truly handmade knife. As far as that goes i am still learning.
I have studies the Martial Arts for the the last 17 of my 27 years of life. I have studies Shotokan Karate,a little bit of Shootfighting, Muay Thai Kickboxing, Aikido/Aikijujitsu, and my favorite i just begun: Iaido. I enjot the Japanese culture and customs. I live my life with honor and valor above all. My word of honor or my honor in general is very very important to me...moreso than i could ever say in words. I appreciate this chance to introduce myself and apologize that my 1st post wasnt here and wasnt my intro. In the furture i hope to be more vigilant and preferrably not make the same type of mistake again. Thank you all and God bless all of u.
SilentSamurai

The Reaper
06-24-2005, 10:29
SS:

I am moving this to the Introductions thread, and advising you to type slower or spell better.

You might try typing your post in a word processor and spellchecking it before posting.

Good luck.

TR

staubers21
06-24-2005, 18:18
New here, I've lurked a few times. Found the site by accident while researching Mr. Harsey's knives. I am in the USAF, a Transporter. Recently returned from Balad AB, (LSA Anaconda) there I saw the Silver Trident and Yarborough (SP?) Long story short, that is how I came to be here. Anyway, glad I found this site...

Bill Harsey
06-24-2005, 18:35
New here, I've lurked a few times. Found the site by accident while researching Mr. Harsey's knives. I am in the USAF, a Transporter. Recently returned from Balad AB, (LSA Anaconda) there I saw the Silver Trident and Yarborough (SP?) Long story short, that is how I came to be here. Anyway, glad I found this site...
Welcome Aboard Sir,
There is much more going around here than knives. Have fun.
Bill

JasonSw2
06-24-2005, 19:26
Hello all,

I am JasonSw2. I am former enlisted USMC Artillery FDC (90-94), and now computer geek & LAN Engineer. I followed a reference off of tacticalforums.com to this site, and like what I see, and like what I'm reading even more.

As an ice-breaker, I'm tempted to whip out some Army v/s Marine humorous remark, but I think I'd rather go back to reading old posts instead. Probably wise to mind my manners a while and lurk a couple months before I poke fun at the gracious hosts & moderators anyways.

So, here I am, hello all, and the next round of virtual beer is on me.

-JasonSw2

NousDefionsDoc
06-24-2005, 19:52
Welcome both.

Sacamuelas
06-24-2005, 20:39
Welcome staubers21 and JasonSw2 !

Serve W Honor
06-25-2005, 04:44
Hello, would like to thank you all for this site, I put as much information in my profile as I could. If any of you have any questions please feel free to ask. I have lurked on most of the other sites and google is my friend, found out most of the information that I could and answered most of my questions. I will be lurking reading post, and soaking up all the good information, and only then if I still have a question I could not research and answer for my self I will post the question.

Thank you for your time and service to our country.

~Steve

CPTAUSRET
06-25-2005, 14:29
Welcome aboard, everyone!

Terry

whit
06-26-2005, 08:32
Good Morning, Gentlemen!
Whit Engel checking in. About me: NOT an SF guy. However, I have been a Long Shooter for Bastrop Co Spec Ops Unit (Texas) for about the last 4 years and helped kick a few doors when that's what was assigned. Been to 5-6 Sniper Schools and have been certed as Instructor.

Our small company basically exists to support People like you. Not an advertisement; just a "heads up". My wife fervently wishes I'd retire. See the stuff at. You might want to pay particular attention to the 40mm CQB ammunition if you "go inside" and are using a 203.

Busy trying to get a 740-acre site going in Northern New Mexico. Training will take place here. At 8000', in the valley, the place is good for your lung development. Steel here (UD/KD) to 1165 yards.

Knew Bobby H. and have a hole in my heart right now. Godspeed to him.
whit

NousDefionsDoc
06-26-2005, 10:08
Good Morning, Gentlemen!
Whit Engel checking in. About me: NOT an SF guy. However, I have been a Long Shooter for Bastrop Co Spec Ops Unit (Texas) for about the last 4 years and helped kick a few doors when that's what was assigned. Been to 5-6 Sniper Schools and have been certed as Instructor.

Our small company basically exists to support People like you. Not an advertisement; just a "heads up". My wife fervently wishes I'd retire. See the stuff at. You might want to pay particular attention to the 40mm CQB ammunition if you "go inside" and are using a 203.

Busy trying to get a 740-acre site going in Northern New Mexico. Training will take place here. At 8000', in the valley, the place is good for your lung development. Steel here (UD/KD) to 1165 yards.

whit

Welcome aboard. Interesting munitions you have there. I'll let you enjoy your first day in peace. :)

The Reaper
06-26-2005, 15:56
Good Morning, Gentlemen!

Our small company, basically exists to support People like you. Not an advertisement; just a "heads up". My wife fervently wishes I'd retire. See the stuff at. You might want to pay particular attention to the 40mm CQB ammunition if you "go inside" and are using a 203.

whit

Admin note: Do not mention our fellow SF fallen in conjunction with your shameless plug of your product on your first post here.

CAL
06-27-2005, 10:16
Good day everybody. I was told of this site from USParatroopers.org so I decided to check it out and I see some familiar names here. I am not a long tabber, so I will mostly lurk, but thank you for allowing me to be a guest in your home. I am a Paratrooper that served from '96-'02 before a jump injury cut my career short. I am currently finishing up my degree in Finance, and I can't wait to be done. University's drive me crazy with all the liberals running around there. My brother reports to 3rd Group tomorrow and I am quite happy for him to get the opportunity he has. I will pass this site on to him. Out.

Roguish Lawyer
06-27-2005, 10:32
Good day everybody. I was told of this site from USParatroopers.org so I decided to check it out and I see some familiar names here. I am not a long tabber, so I will mostly lurk, but thank you for allowing me to be a guest in your home. I am a Paratrooper that served from '96-'02 before a jump injury cut my career short. I am currently finishing up my degree in Finance, and I can't wait to be done. University's drive me crazy with all the liberals running around there. My brother reports to 3rd Group tomorrow and I am quite happy for him to get the opportunity he has. I will pass this site on to him. Out.

Welcome, CAL!

bdmc
06-27-2005, 14:35
Hello, Gentlemen
First off I would like to thank all of you for your service.
Second... great site!
I stumbled across it over at Socnet, & I'm glad I did.
For those of you from Socnet, it's good to see some familiar faces over here.
I do not post much there, & probably wont here either. I prefer to lurk, unless of course something jumps out at me & demands I put my .02 in.
Until then, I'm heading back to my cave...

Weazle23
06-27-2005, 17:47
Welcome fellow Paratrooper, Cal.

bdmc, welcome to the site, glad to have you here.

Fonzy
06-28-2005, 09:51
Apolagies all, Lets try this again. So much for first impressions. :(

Don't expect to hear from me much (if at all), I'm just here to poke about and maybe learn a thing or two. I'm a college student / Guardsman (29th Infantry), I plan on going active after graduation. Heard about the site off of armybasic.org.

Bojo
06-28-2005, 17:58
Hello to everybody, nice to join your community :cool:

NousDefionsDoc
06-28-2005, 18:47
Apolagies all, Lets try this again. So much for first impressions. :(

Don't expect to hear from me much (if at all), I'm just here to poke about and maybe learn a thing or two. I'm a college student / Guardsman (29th Infantry), I plan on going active after graduation. Heard about the site off of armybasic.org.
GTG. Welcome to the board.

Casper
06-29-2005, 14:10
Hello all, my name is Shawn. Currently serving in Iraq, as my convoy commander puts it, as a POAG REMF. Just a generator mechanic looking to fix generators. So, the Army being what the Army is, it was decided I would be more useful as a .50 gunner on a Gun Truck. To say the least, it has been an experience.

This war is not at all what I expected war to be; admittedly though, my view has been somewhat fostered by bad 80's movies such as Red Dawn and the Rambo series. (Although, they are fun to watch for some reason....)

I will not disgrace the memory of the fallen by attempting to understand what it is that you men have gone through and what it is you still go through daily. But as a soldier, and more importantly, as a citizen of the US, I wanted to thank you for doing what can conceivably be the hardest job I can fathom.

To leave behind family and familiarity to face the dangers of an everchanging world with the manner and professionalism you do, bears true credit to what it means to sacrifice.

I do not intend to try and feel what it is you feel, nor do I wish to second-guess your motivations for what you do. All I know is that when I go to sleep at night, when I think of my home and my life back in the States, I know who it is that I am thanking. I know upon whose shoulders most of that weight rides.

I am going to go out on a limb just once here, and that is to say that you are men who do not need thanks, but merely do what needs to be done. For that, there is no thanks that would be appropriate except to continue living the American way.

There was an article (http://www.ipocministries.org/sheeps.htm) written that talked about Sheep, Wolves and Sheepdogs.

You are my favorite Sheepdogs.

The Reaper
06-29-2005, 15:30
Casper:

Thank YOU for your service.

You are doing your job every day for your country and your fellow soldiers, and that is enough. There is glory enough in doing your job to the best of your abilities.

I think that was one of the best Intros I have read here.

Welcome aboard.

TR

lksteve
06-29-2005, 16:20
To leave behind family and familiarity to face the dangers of an everchanging world with the manner and professionalism you do, bears true credit to what it means to sacrifice. you fall into that category...welcome and thanks...

Ambush Master
06-29-2005, 16:42
Hello all, my name is Shawn. Currently serving in Iraq, as my convoy commander puts it, as a POAG REMF. Just a generator mechanic looking to fix generators. So, the Army being what the Army is, it was decided I would be more useful as a .50 gunner on a Gun Truck. To say the least, it has been an experience.

From your Profile:

"I was doing a search for information about Special Forces training and information ."

Welcome aboard, the above sorta adds up to, you're looking at going SF?!?!

Well, all of the information that you could ever hope for is either in here, or available upon request.

Thank you for your service, Good Luck, and do take care !!

Later
Martin

Team Sergeant
06-29-2005, 18:00
You are my favorite Sheepdogs.

Welcome aboard Shawn.

Keep your eyes open and head clear while manning the .50.

Let me know when you return to Arizona, I'll buy you a beer.

Team Sergeant

Bill Harsey
06-29-2005, 18:21
Welcome aboard Casper,
Stay safe and Thank you for your service.
Bill

NousDefionsDoc
06-29-2005, 18:37
Welcome Casper. Listen to the TS, he knows things...

Gypsy
06-29-2005, 18:41
Casper...heartfelt thanks for your service from a grateful civvie. :) Stay safe and take good care. Welcome aboard!

Smokin Joe
06-29-2005, 21:27
Casper,

Thank you for your service. I'm with TS next time your in Arizona let me know and the beer is on me.

NousDefionsDoc
06-29-2005, 22:15
Casper, forewarned and all that, if you go drinking with the TS and Joe at the same time, no crying when you wake up in a Mexican jail, naked, with a new tattoo and a 18X contract. And we will hold you to the contract...

CPTAUSRET
06-29-2005, 22:29
Welcome aboard, Casper.

Terry

luna94
06-29-2005, 23:40
First, I'd just like to thank everyone for their service.

I've just submitted a packet for OCS. I was thinking about the idea of 18X enlistment, but preferred to go the officer route and be evaluated as an officer if given the chance to attend selection.

Present goal: To give back to my country everything it has helped me become. (from being homeless to becoming a business executive and being a part-time college professor).

By the way, my fiancee thinks I'm nuts -- oh well.

FreedomIsntFree
06-30-2005, 01:59
Greetings, Nice to meet all of you.

The Reaper
06-30-2005, 06:15
Read the stickies and use the Search button here. You are not the first to ask all of these questions.

BTW, there is no 18X for Guard Service.

TR

Prester John
06-30-2005, 07:11
BTW, there is no 18X for Guard Service.

TR

Sir,

I don't mean to appear combative, but isn't the Rep-63 program very similar to the 18x program?

But, I would think for a guardsman with prior AF service it would make sense to sign with a guard group such as the 2/20th and work with their Det-1 program, then go to 11B school and attend SFAS when the cadre determine you are adequately prepared.

lksteve
06-30-2005, 08:09
I don't mean to appear combative, but isn't the Rep-63 program very similar to the 18x program? no...Rep-63 is not SF specific...

Archangel
06-30-2005, 08:48
Sir,

I don't mean to appear combative, but isn't the Rep-63 program very similar to the 18x program?

But, I would think for a guardsman with prior AF service it would make sense to sign with a guard group such as the 2/20th and work with their Det-1 program, then go to 11B school and attend SFAS when the cadre determine you are adequately prepared.
NO, Rep 63 & 18X are not similar. Rep 63 allows civilians to be in a National Guard unit & train with them before they go to BCT. Once a slot is open then they go.

The 18X program is an Active Duty program where civilians sign up for a 5-Year Active Duty contract. They get sent to BCT, AIT, SOPC, Airborne School & SFAS. If they are not selected, they are assigned to an infantry unit to serve out the rest of their 5-Year Active Duty obligation.

Casper
06-30-2005, 16:22
Casper, forewarned and all that, if you go drinking with the TS and Joe at the same time, no crying when you wake up in a Mexican jail, naked, with a new tattoo and a 18X contract. And we will hold you to the contract...

NDD, I will consider myself forewarned and situationally aware. To the best of my ability, I will not allow TS and Smokin Joe's shenanigans to introduce me to the sweet luxuries that Federale institutionalization may have to offer, naked or otherwise!

However, tattoos and contracts...that's a different path, now isn't it? :D

Have a great day!

And TS and SJ, I will hold you two gents to that first and second round, it's been a long, long dry year!

Bill Harsey
06-30-2005, 17:58
NDD, I will consider myself forewarned and situationally aware. To the best of my ability, I will not allow TS and Smokin Joe's shenanigans to introduce me to the sweet luxuries that Federale institutionalization may have to offer, naked or otherwise!

However, tattoos and contracts...that's a different path, now isn't it? :D

Have a great day!

And TS and SJ, I will hold you two gents to that first and second round, it's been a long, long dry year!
Casper,
Welcome aboard.
I'll come along on the beer detail, this way you'll be safe from any shenanigans.

NousDefionsDoc
06-30-2005, 19:55
Casper,
Welcome aboard.
I'll come along on the beer detail, this way you'll be safe from any shenanigans.
LOL, yeah right.

casey
06-30-2005, 20:17
Casper,
Welcome aboard.

Bill Harsey - "BEER CHAPERON" Good Lord I can even picture the business cards.

F425
06-30-2005, 21:46
First post to the site; filled out my profile, been lurking for a little while. I use the same nick on airborneranger.com. Looks like an excellent resource, thanks in advance for all the effort.

Upon arriving home from OIF II, I got back to my civilian job, turned on my computer and thought "This is STUPID. What are you DOING HERE?" So, I quit my job and I've been working out like a crazy man ever since, getting ready for 20th Group Tryouts and SFAS. Rather than being a Cog in the Wheels of Industry, the New Goal is to complete SFAS, 18D and following that become a PA (in the civ world only).

This has always been a goal of mine, but one thing or another has continually put it off - until now. Though I'm almost 37, I'm in great shape and it's time.

Looking forward to conversing with the members here, looks like a lot of excellent experience.

12B4S
07-01-2005, 01:17
Casper,

Thank you for your service. I'm with TS next time your in Arizona let me know and the beer is on me.

Make it three.......... Welcome to the site Casper.

No problems casey. I'll fill in as chaperon to the "BEER CHAPERON." :D

casey
07-01-2005, 05:46
Damn, Did I miss the "everybody move to Arizona" memo

lksteve
07-01-2005, 07:35
Damn, Did I miss the "everybody move to Arizona" memodon't know...why don't we show up, too?

Roguish Lawyer
07-01-2005, 10:03
don't know...why don't we show up, too?

I'm there periodically and might motivate . . .

Casper
07-01-2005, 12:55
Damn, Did I miss the "everybody move to Arizona" memo

I missed that one as well, but I found it buried under the Get Your Ass In The Army Because It's What You Always Wanted To Do memo. ;)

As I think about it, what was going to be a nice little soiree, is turning out to be a full blown party, not that there are any complaints this side of the Great Moat! :D

If it were during the summertime, I think a float trip would be killer....

Bill Harsey
07-01-2005, 13:25
I missed that one as well, but I found it buried under the Get Your Ass In The Army Because It's What You Always Wanted To Do memo. ;)

As I think about it, what was going to be a nice little soiree, is turning out to be a full blown party, not that there are any complaints this side of the Great Moat! :D

If it were during the summertime, I think a float trip would be killer....
WE can make this a float trip without even going outdoors. :D
Edited to add: Welcome Aboard!

LRP1
07-01-2005, 13:29
Just joined. Personal sitrep: 58, Retired, Live in AR Credentials: Charlie Ranger
RVN 67 -68 ( Satans Playboys) HHC 2/502 101st ABN RECONDO 66 -67.

Just reconning AO.

Team Sergeant
07-01-2005, 14:13
Just joined. Personal sitrep: 58, Retired, Live in AR Credentials: Charlie Ranger

Just reconning AO.

Roger, Good Copy.

Welcome aboard!

Team Sergeant

Smokin Joe
07-01-2005, 14:21
Yes I'm bored......waiting on a phone call before I can go shoot.

NousDefionsDoc
07-01-2005, 15:38

Just reconning AO.
Welcome aboard.

Casper
07-01-2005, 15:47

I love that organization chart, it definitely helps with understanding responsibility. Perhaps this is something that needs to be printed out and laminated and placed into one's right cargo pocket? :)

Mr. Bill Harsey, am I going to feel stupid for asking how one goes about making it a float trip without going outdoors?

(The astute reader will notice that I cleverly asked the question while circumventing any actual responsibility for asking such a lame question. :D )

lksteve
07-01-2005, 16:05
Mr. Bill Harsey, am I going to feel stupid for asking how one goes about making it a float trip without going outdoors?you have, obviously, never done the backstroke in a bottle of scotch...

casey
07-01-2005, 16:28

Man I gotta get me one of them avatars.........

Air.177
07-01-2005, 17:36

If I am not mistaken, you qualify for one, check the Knuckledragger forums for instructions, or you could take the FS route and just piss off an Admin and take your chances.

Team Sergeant
07-01-2005, 18:46
All, if you're not welcoming someone new onboard don't post here in the "Introductions" thread.

Team Sergeant

Roguish Lawyer
07-01-2005, 19:17

May I suggest this one?

Sigi
07-01-2005, 19:36
Make it three.......... Welcome to the site Casper.

No problems casey. I'll fill in as chaperon to the "BEER CHAPERON." :D

Since I am a state away now, I would be honored to buy all of you a beer.

Welcome aboard Casper and thanks for your service.

Half Russian
07-02-2005, 12:54
Hello everyone, new to this board but i've been reading quite a bit already.

Thanks for the great forum everybody.

skysoldier46
07-04-2005, 08:49
I'm new here and I apologize for the first post. I thought I had followed directions well but evidently didn't. I'm a member of USP.org site and a former paratrooper recon sergeant.
I did almost 3 tours in Nam but was medevaced out due to wounds and malaria.

Doc
07-04-2005, 08:52
Welcome aboard everybody!

Doc

Pete
07-04-2005, 08:52
I am slow to jump in with welcomes but.... Welcome to all new board members.

Pete

Bill Harsey
07-04-2005, 10:28
Welcome Aboard All,

Casper, we'll show ya.

Skysoldier46,
It's an honor to have a former Oregon resident here who participates in the gentlemanly art of fly fishing.

I just fish with flies.

jonn_07
07-04-2005, 18:04
Just introducing myself. Lurk around in a few other sites and found this one. Great site. Profile pretty much says it all.

Thack
07-04-2005, 18:07
Most of you guys know me ... - either by Jamie or Thack. I spent almost 30 years in SF. A lot of the time was with 7th, but I did some other stuff too - to include some "contract work" in the early '80s. Right before retiring in 2003, I finished up with a tour in Afghanistan, then as a contractor, I did the Iraq thing with the same alphabet folks that I did the contract work for back in the 80s... Go figure... I'm glad this resource exists to keep in touch and pass the word.

Jamie

The Reaper
07-04-2005, 19:49
Most of you guys know me ... - either by Jamie or Thack. I spent almost 30 years in SF. A lot of the time was with 7th, but I did some other stuff too - to include some "contract work" in the early '80s. Right before retiring in 2003, I finished up with a tour in Afghanistan, then as a contractor, I did the Iraq thing with the same alphabet folks that I did the contract work for back in the 80s... Go figure... I'm glad this resource exists to keep in touch and pass the word.

Jamie

Welcome aboard Thack!

TR

Kyobanim
07-04-2005, 19:51
I've been slacking here lately.

Welcome to all, glad to have you here.

Peregrino
07-04-2005, 20:08
Thack - Welcome Aboard! It's about time you showed up. Not to worry though - you're already well know. :D Peregrino

JAKE18
07-04-2005, 20:20
Just introducing myself. Found this site through SOCNET. I have filled out the profile. Glad to have found this site.

NousDefionsDoc
07-04-2005, 20:35

Jamie

DAMN@&*E^#(*&^E@W^& Who left the door OPEN!!!!!

Welcome aboard!

Boys and Girls, say hello to another 7th Group HALO Team Sergeant (I know Chief, but you'll always be a Team Sergeant to me) - one of mine in fact. Mind your Ps and Qs - his wit is as sharp as a Harsey knife. Anything he says about me is a damnable lie, as are any claims to his having been involved in the adult entertainment industry before donning his beret.

PS - Man flies like a bird.

lksteve
07-04-2005, 20:57
Anything he says about me is a damnable lieyou, NDD, are in deep shite... :D

welcome, Thack...

NousDefionsDoc
07-04-2005, 21:01
LOL - I'm not the only one...

Bill Harsey
07-07-2005, 08:39
Welcome aboard Thack.

(oh boy, this is gonna be good, I can just tell...)

Kyobanim
07-07-2005, 08:54
Maybe he will tell us some good NDD stories.

:munchin

Roguish Lawyer
07-07-2005, 10:08
DAMN@&*E^#(*&^E@W^& Who left the door OPEN!!!!!

Welcome aboard!

Boys and Girls, say hello to another 7th Group HALO Team Sergeant (I know Chief, but you'll always be a Team Sergeant to me) - one of mine in fact. Mind your Ps and Qs - his wit is as sharp as a Harsey knife. Anything he says about me is a damnable lie, as are any claims to his having been involved in the adult entertainment industry before donning his beret.

PS - Man flies like a bird.

Welcome Thack! Any good Honduran hot pepper recipes for us?

Stories about NDD and TR can be posted in the Briefback forum. :D

Doc
07-07-2005, 11:13

Jamie

Welcome aboard Thack!

I'm glad my directions were good enough for you to find us in here.

Doc

cdev
07-11-2005, 17:38
First post. I'm a JAG selectee, studying for the bar, learning all I can. Thank you all for a great resource.

Roguish Lawyer
07-11-2005, 17:38
Welcome, counsel.

kcmedic980
07-11-2005, 21:29
Hello, my name is Rick, I'm a paramedic in the civilian world in the Seattle area for 10 years, a Guard medic back from a OIF II rotation. I don't post very often but I do read quite a bit and learn.

Thanks Rick A.

The Reaper
07-11-2005, 21:36
Rick:

Thanks for your service.

Welcome.

TR

BIG_V
07-11-2005, 21:54
I am new to this site and already making waves seeing is how I did not post an intro prior to posting a thread. I do apologize.

I have been in the Army for 5 years Ft.Sill first duty station , and now I am in England with the RAF. I have always had a bad attitude with the Army, Ever Since I was left in Karbarla , but realized about 8 months ago that I need to wisen up and take advantage of the oppurtunities afforded to me within the Army. So pretty much a complete 180.
I have been enrolled in SFAS class 08-05 and fully plan on getting selected unless of course I drop dead or loss limb during.... Even with loss of limb I will still give it a good go. I have been preparing for the last month in a half. Me not get selected isnt an option for me...
I am 23 years old , 5'10 215lbs....I want to be in the Special Forces because I like the level of professionalism presented, and I like being the best at everything I do and also knowing that the person next to me will die to get the shit done, and by doing that , not letting me down , himself or his team.!

BIG_V

Ammodawg
07-12-2005, 07:57
Hello everyone,

My name is Mike and I just learned of this website today from Lightfigter.net, where SSFD (NDD here) directed Warrior-Mentor to post, he provided the link. I look forward to intaking the vast wealth of knowledge to be had here.

I am an Active Duty USAF AMMO troop currently stationed in Germany, this is my 5th station. I love the military and all things concerning the profession of arms. If I can contribute, I will, if not, sitting back and listening is something I do well.

Thank you for allowing me to visit your house, I look forward to the stay. *salute*

scopey_uk
07-12-2005, 08:31
Hi guys - saw the link to this site, on the thread mentioned above in ammodawg's post. I am 26 did my training with the Regular army here in uk now in reserves ( TA ) am currently training for selection for our own sf (reserve ) and hoping to go back into full time next yr. Have an interest in all things army and sf - just here to have a good read pick up some more helpfull bits n pieces / diff points of view from acrros the pond.

Cheers.

Bill Harsey
07-12-2005, 14:28
Welcome All.

Scopey_uk,
Maybe you could send the Team Sergeant here some Marmite in case he hasn't sampled this delicacy.

JMcD76
07-12-2005, 16:08
Hello everyone. This is my first post, I'm currently about 3 months into language shcool. Great site.

fokkerabort
07-13-2005, 23:51
Just posting an intro. Found the site thru optactical's links. Currently serving in Australian Army. :lifter

KBAR_O4
07-14-2005, 16:52
Hello everyone. I have to say first off, this is the best run board Ive been on in awhile. I am a retired O-4/Intelligence officer. Half my career active/half reserve. I spent almost all my reserve time assigned to USSOCCENT and ended up being based at Khandahar, AFG during the early stages of Enduring Freedom. I worked extensively with TF KBAR (and all the associate allied forces) as well as 3/3 SFG and the 5th Group (Mullholand...). Now I have returned to running my family ranch in Montana and the only things I have to fight off are bears, wolves, coyotes, eagles, and the occasional inebriated native american.... Definitely a pleasure to be here.

The Reaper
07-14-2005, 17:02
Welcome, Gents!

TR

Peregrino
07-14-2005, 17:19
Hello everyone. I have to say first off, this is the best run board Ive been on in awhile. I am a retired O-4/Intelligence officer. Half my career active/half reserve. I spent almost all my reserve time assigned to USSOCCENT and ended up being based at Khandahar, AFG during the early stages of Enduring Freedom. I worked extensively with TF KBAR (and all the associate allied forces) as well as 3/3 SFG and the 5th Group (Mullholand...). Now I have returned to running my family ranch in Montana and the only things I have to fight off are bears, wolves, coyotes, eagles, and the occasional inebriated native american.... Definitely a pleasure to be here.

So is it elk and mule deer or antelope and jackrabbits? Montana's a big place. Welcome aboard. Peregrino

Joedan
07-14-2005, 18:06
Just like to thank all the current active duty and veterans for your service and for providing this site full of informative advice for future DEPs such as myself. I plan on enlisting in about a year from now with an 18x so im trying to soak up as much as I possibly can as my enlistment plans got delayed due to 3 surgeries in the past year (tonsils/deviated septom twice). Looking forward to meeting any other future or current 18xers.

Tubbs
07-14-2005, 18:42
Now I have returned to running my family ranch in Montana and the only things I have to fight off are bears, wolves, coyotes, eagles, and the occasional inebriated native american...

As a former security guard in MT I empathize... :)

scopey_uk
07-15-2005, 05:49
Welcome All.

Scopey_uk,
Maybe you could send the Team Sergeant here some Marmite in case he hasn't sampled this delicacy.

Well it's def a love or hate thing... mmmm marmite on toast.. :)

Molon Labe
07-15-2005, 07:19
Just added my first post but wanted to intorduce myself in the proper forum...

*cut and paste*

I enlisted in the army with a RIP contract in 2002. I was fortunate enough to deploy with 1/75 into both Afghanistan and Iraq. Late 2003 I was accepted into a commissioning program and couldn't turn it down.

While still working towards my commission I earned the chance to go through SFAS with class 007-05. I had the best experience of my life and it only wetted my appetite to continue the training. Sadly, I have to wait until after I graduate and reach O-2 (P).....

I read over a lot of this site before registering and I'm really looking forward to learning from the experience of the others who post here.

KBAR_O4
07-15-2005, 08:25
It's Elk and Mule Deer, the Antelope thing is the other side of the state....

Bill Harsey
07-15-2005, 08:58
Welcome men.

Weazle23
07-15-2005, 17:20
Molon Labe, welcome to the site.

lksteve
07-15-2005, 20:15
Now I have returned to running my family ranch in Montana and the only things I have to fight off are bears, wolves, coyotes, eagles, and the occasional inebriated native american.... Definitely a pleasure to be here.what about BLM bureaucrats, USFS grazing inspectors and the like...?

KBAR_O4
07-16-2005, 07:17
Not much BLM land on this side of the state. Most of the feds know better than to pick on locals too much. I mean, we no longer have an open season if thats what you mean...

lksteve
07-16-2005, 09:32
Not much BLM land on this side of the state. Most of the feds know better than to pick on locals too much. I mean, we no longer have an open season if thats what you mean...GTG...welcome...i once turned a modest nest egg into a goose egg running cows...rotsaruck...

KBAR_O4
07-17-2005, 10:53
Well, if I could just win the lottery I could afford to ranch the rest of my life...

Myrmidon
07-17-2005, 14:59
Hello all

Just here to read and learn what i can...

Thanks to those responsible for a great board and alot of good info.

I enlisted active duty a bit over a year ago 18x. I was in the DEP program and had finished the Dlab, my apft test and all of that, was just waiting to ship. My recruter ok'd lasic surgery and i got it, and meps had a problem with that. My recruiters station commander also had a problem with him for obvious reasons after that.

At any rate, heard from a buddy that guard might be the way to go and 3/20th relocated to nc last october, so i am checking them out and trying to do some due dilligence.

I'll be around reading and what not so thought everyone should know who i am if i'm going to be lurking.

Thanks again for having me.

The Reaper
07-17-2005, 17:41
Welcome, and sorry for your misfortune.

That is why we tell people to follow AR 40-501 and wait to get any elective surgery, especially eye surgery.

It requires a waiver, and some people do not like issuing waivers.

Read and learn.

TR

Zeppelin
07-18-2005, 18:41
Been Lurking here for awhile now and figured its time to make a profile and let my self be known.

My name is Heath and im a PFC at Ft.Sill. Im training hard for SFAS and have completed the training program in the handout they gave me. Just waiting for my time. I guess that its.

NousDefionsDoc
07-18-2005, 18:50
Welcome all

cback0220
07-19-2005, 09:58
Hello my name is Dan, I am new to this site, thank you for allowing me the oppurtunity to learn from you guys. I am a civilian as of now, but when I turn 18 in September I will be signing up with an 18X contract. I have already taken ASVAb and done the physicals , Just can't sign the dotted line. Until then I will be lurking, maybe asking a few q's if that is alright with you men.

Bill Harsey
07-19-2005, 10:34
Just a late welcome to a couple of good guys here,

BamaGman and hellokitty.

Welcome aboard.

Tom-Tom
07-20-2005, 08:38
Signed up today after looking around a bit at the videos.
I'm a PFC deployed to Iraq right now working as a mental health specialist. My duty station is Ft. Bragg and since receiving a recruiter brief when I got to replacement, I've considered joining SF. I am currently working on my PT scores here during my free time. Unfortunately, there's not many pools to swim in. har Har

Edited by the Team Sergeant

Tom-Tom,

I removed your real name for OPSEC reasons. (We want to keep you alive and well while you're defending our Freedoms.)

TS

bronx
07-20-2005, 13:17
Just joined professionalsoldiers.com today.

I'm an 18X shipping out to OSUT 20050811.

Cast or tab.

CPTAUSRET
07-20-2005, 13:48

Tom-Tom,

I removed your real name for OPSEC reasons. (We want to keep you alive and well while you're defending our Freedoms.)

TS

SWEET!

Terry

R.T.H.T.G.
07-20-2005, 14:59
To: Team Sgt. and all members,
Fr: A humble, civil-service type, who is currently doing L.E./A.T. for the U.S.G.
Re: Request to join web-site.

R.T.H.T.G.

Bill Harsey
07-20-2005, 15:46
Signed up today after looking around a bit at the videos.
I'm a PFC deployed to Iraq right now working as a mental health specialist. My duty station is Ft. Bragg and since receiving a recruiter brief when I got to replacement, I've considered joining SF. I am currently working on my PT scores here during my free time. Unfortunately, there's not many pools to swim in. har Har

Tom-Tom,

TS
Welcome aboard.
As per the swimmin'
There's a big river running right thru town isn't there?

NousDefionsDoc
07-20-2005, 16:38
working as a mental health specialist.

I've considered joining SF.

ROTFLMAO! Naw....too easy

Tom-Tom
07-21-2005, 03:25
> Welcome aboard.
> As per the swimmin'
> There's a big river running right thru town isn't there?

There's a tiny little stream by the hajji mall with human feces floating around in it. As much as I'd like to work on my swimming, I better not risk getting shot outside the wall or get dysentery.

As for my MOS, well... I won't get defensive about it, there's certainly a stigma but I enjoy it, but not too challenging. There's only four active duty combat stress control teams in the whole Army and this one is deployed the most.
It certainly is easy to get lazy in this MOS, but I try to keep my soldiering skills maintained when I can. Basic training at Benning definitely brainwashed me that all soldiers are riflemen first. ;)

I look forward to lurking for advice on my pre-SFAS train up and have ordered Warrior-Mentor's book.

Thanks for the OPSEC update, I'll keep that in mind for future posts.

hellokitty
07-21-2005, 05:21
Hi All, wasnt too sure of intro protocol on your board sent intro to Team Sgt then found this thread :o Hello Kitty signing in , directed here by Mr Harsey . I am a former digger now a happy civvy , nice to find a low bs site ,thanks for having me. best regards , kitty

lunatic2T2
07-21-2005, 11:50
Signed up a few days ago but am now posting intro for first time. Ive been active duty Air Force for 5 years and am ready for a career change. To tell the truth, I don't even know why I even joined the Air Force, I have always felt Army. I hope to go through the "Blue-To-Green" program and possibly go Ranger before SF, I feel I need alot of "catching up" before I apply myself to SF. Hope to gain alot of insight from everyone here. Cheers.

Warrior-Mentor
07-21-2005, 13:10
I figured I'd rack up a bunch of posts before doing an intro... :lifter

Most here have heard my story.

If you haven't, check out www.warrior-mentor.com

lunatic2T2
07-21-2005, 13:34

Recieved "Get Selected" in the mail a few days ago, great book!

boat guy
07-21-2005, 19:07
Welcome all,

Molon Labe, glad to see that you finally showed up. Congrats on selection bro. Don't worry about those first few years as an O. They will fly by and you will be in the Q before you know it.

NousDefionsDoc
07-21-2005, 19:25
> Welcome aboard.
> As per the swimmin'
> There's a big river running right thru town isn't there?

There's a tiny little stream by the hajji mall with human feces floating around in it. As much as I'd like to work on my swimming, I better not risk getting shot outside the wall or get dysentery.

As for my MOS, well... I won't get defensive about it, there's certainly a stigma but I enjoy it, but not too challenging. There's only four active duty combat stress control teams in the whole Army and this one is deployed the most.
It certainly is easy to get lazy in this MOS, but I try to keep my soldiering skills maintained when I can. Basic training at Benning definitely brainwashed me that all soldiers are riflemen first. ;)

I look forward to lurking for advice on my pre-SFAS train up and have ordered Warrior-Mentor's book.

Thanks for the OPSEC update, I'll keep that in mind for future posts.

I wasn't picking on you about your MOS, in fact quite the contrary. If you make it in, you will no doubt find use for your skills on a daily basis. It is a well known fact that a few SF guys and all of 10th Group could use help in that department. ;)

Welcome aboard Frasier. :D

Chris
07-21-2005, 19:40
My name is Chris

I've been interested in the Army Special Forces of the United States, UK, for most of my short time on Earth. I'm enrolled in University and am looking to join the military after I earn a degree. One step at a time, but Special Forces is what I'm shooting for in the end.

I have a small group of close friends instead of a large crowd to run with. I am completely extroverted, but I do not have many inhibitions. I am more mature than most kids my age, and as a result I do not always fit in with the "cool crowd" or suffer fools.

I'm a member of military.com and militaryphotos.net, I do not post on either but read, look, and learn. I hope to continue learning from the Professionals here :)

-Chris

lksteve
07-21-2005, 20:08
It is a well known fact that a few SF guys and all of 10th Group could use help in that department. LOL... :p :D

aricbcool
07-21-2005, 20:52

Welcome aboard, Sir. ;)

Melungeon
07-22-2005, 04:00
My name is Adam. I came here to learn and to express my gratitude for your existance. It is my ardent wish to join you.

Bill Harsey
07-22-2005, 07:36

Sir,
Welcome aboard. You are doing an incredibly important job. Thank you.

If I may offer one small comment, after reading your link I have no information which I could later use to my advantage here at this website.

Well done.

Bill Harsey
07-22-2005, 07:37
Hi All, wasnt too sure of intro protocol on your board sent intro to Team Sgt then found this thread :o Hello Kitty signing in , directed here by Mr Harsey . I am a former digger now a happy civvy , nice to find a low bs site ,thanks for having me. best regards , kitty

Good to have ya here.

Huey14
07-22-2005, 07:55
Oh shit, it's an Aussie.

Welcome aboard.

Detcord
07-22-2005, 21:44
hi all!!!

squared away site!!!

i served in the 82d, SOCOM (112th/SOLCA) and 12th SFG.
found the site by accident, but am glad i did. :cool:

Red Line
07-23-2005, 05:51
Hello,
My name is Joe, and I am a SGT in the 917th CSG. My best friend “Casper” (shameless name dropping) turned me onto this site.

I grew up in a small town in Missouri. I led a pretty normal life until the events of 9/11 sparked my patriotism and I joined the Army.

At the moment I am serving in Iraq. I am a Black Hawk crew man that has never worked on a single Black Hawk. I have faith in the Army that I am better serving the nation as a wireless network tech/ driver/ TC/ gunner than as a wrench turner. My MOS doesn’t fit to well into a CSG, so I volunteer for just about any mission to keep me busy.

I would have preferred flying NAP of the earth with a Minigun in my hands, but being in the gunner’s box (AKA Hardox coffin) of a 998 going through Mosul with a pedestal mount is a close second.

I consider myself capable of doing just about anything I set my mind to. There are very few things in this world that I’m not sure if I could do. Doing what you guys do, is one of those things. I don’t know how, or why you do it, but thanks the all the same.

-Joe

fusion94
07-23-2005, 06:51
I've been lurking for a bit time I guess for an intro.

Enlisted as an 11B, served in Berlin back when the wall was still around followed by stint over in the Desert the first time around (Earned my CIB as a Scout). Ended up at 20th SFG(A).

I think I may be the only 11B that went to EOD school and kept his 11B designation.

Units I served with:

4/502 Infantry Berlin Brigade, Scout Platoon 3/7 Infantry 24th ID, Detachment 1, Company B 1/20th SFG(A)

Located the site by accident and am glad I did.

Sibilant_Ghost
07-23-2005, 08:08
RA Private here, almost 2 years in and pinning Specialist soon. 4 years left in my contract, then I start building up to being an SOF NCO. Working with PATRIOT right now,mostly on RSOP and convoy live fire exercises (I get tasked out for classes and such much to my enjoyment as I despise the admin end of my MOS.. Just call me Sibilant..

LokDog
07-24-2005, 17:01
I am LokDog.
I have done a little enlisted service in active duty followed by army reserves. I am currently in school. I appreciate the effort of those that offer time and effort to provide this site.

Smokin Joe
07-24-2005, 17:37
Welcome all!

Red Line,

When you get back in AZ let me know....the same offer I gave Casper is extended to you. (If your not sure what I'm talking about look a couple pages back in this thread)

Tonks
07-25-2005, 09:27
Greetings-

Figured I would post an intro as I've been lurking for a while. I'm non-PS and am currently a consultant to the 9th AF / CENTAF. My commitment ends mid-winter so hopefully by then I'll be in shape enough to go 09S. That being said I find the site a good source of motivation if my career takes me to SFAS and beyond.

Saturday last I spent an enjoyable (albeit muggy) afternoon reading my just arrived copy of Get Selected! cover to cover. Illuminating to say the least.

V/r,
Tonks

airbornefox
07-25-2005, 11:14
Greetings everyone,

My name is Steve and I'm a 26 year old Mortar Platoon Leader in the 82nd ABN at Fort Bragg, NC. I was selected by DA to attend SFAS and pursue my goal of becoming a Special Forces Officer. I discovered this outstanding collection of people and wisdom when I was researching the Pipeline and was happy to find an entire section devoted to that topic.

I have always wanted to pursue a career in Special Forces after interacting with family members and friends who are/were in Groups. My brother in law was in 5th Group and recently retired and my cousin is in 19th currently in Iraq.

I am looking forward to joining in the discussions on this board.

jasonglh
07-25-2005, 11:26
Welcome to all.

airbornefox congrats and goodluck to you!

CPTAUSRET
07-25-2005, 12:10
Welcome aboard, ereryone!

airbornefox, good luck on your quest.

Terry

hotshot
07-25-2005, 22:08
Whats up guys, I found this site a few days ago by accident and am sure glad that I did. I PCS to attend SFQC next month, As well as airborne school. I'm not coming from a high speed MOS or unit, but I have always wanted more. So here I am. I have already gained knowledge, and will continue to read when I can between training. I am currently OJTing with 1st SFG up at Ft. Lewis for now. Thats about it. Have a great evening.

Hutch
07-25-2005, 23:54
Hello,
I've been lurking for several months and have found this site very informative. I'm a Lt./Paramedic for a fire department in Idaho and have enlisted in the Washington NG. I hope to eventually get in with the 19th SFG.

hellokitty
07-26-2005, 05:34
Hi All, and especially Huey 14 , 4 words mate , WORLD CUP SEMI FINAL :D , thanks for the welcome guys, regards Kitty

Huey14
07-26-2005, 07:17
A couple of words (since I can only count sheep): NETBALL WORLD CHAMPIONS :lifter

OK, that was weak. Just you wait! :D

Team Sergeant
07-26-2005, 07:28
Welcome Kitty.

(Huey14 you and Kitty take it to the Arena and argue in there!)

TS

sigep333
07-26-2005, 14:30
Hello all. I've been a lurker on this site for a while, and thought I should post an intro. I've never posted anything on the boards, any topics I had questions about have been well covered ahead of me. Thanks to all the BTDTs who have had the patience and taken the time to share their knowledge and experience.

Cobra 66
07-27-2005, 08:23
Wanted to say hello to everyone on the site and introduce myself.

Team Sergeant
07-27-2005, 08:26
Welcome Cobra66.

Rodney
07-27-2005, 10:31
What a great site! Good to see Soldiers taking care of their own. I’m Rodney Sevier…Former Marine. I came across this site and found an old friend "D9". I look forward to reading some more of the great stories and information on the site. Snap and Pop! Here's a salute to the site and admins!

D9 (RIP)
07-27-2005, 12:22
An outstanding Marine and leader. Rodney was my squad leader during DS/DS. Welcome aboard.

CPTAUSRET
07-27-2005, 12:39
Welcome, everybody!

Terry

Oldschool45B
07-27-2005, 18:57
I was refered here by a friend and mentor in SF, and I am really glad I found it. I am a prior service Marine who REALLY wishes he had known about SF and the support companies way back in 88'.

I join the NG about 5 years back and found my way into the Support Company. I served as the 45B for a few years including our trip to Afghanistan where we did some good work getting stuff down range for our indigs and teams. I am now with one of the Line Companies full time.

On the civilian side I am one of the owners of a firearms and equipment business where we are 02/07 SOT holders (we make short barreled rifles, shotguns, and suppressors). We have been doing it for a few years now and things are really going well.

Once again, I am glad to be here and thanks for all the work that goes into a place like this.

Pete
07-27-2005, 19:25
Once again I am way behind in giving a welcome to all the new people. So to all of you I bid a fair welcome to this site and hope to hear more from you all.

Pete

scotchrick05
07-28-2005, 09:43
My name is Scott, a 31B (MP) deployed to kuwait currently. Planning on going to SFAS in the later part of 2006. Interested in ANY 18 CMF MOS. Wathcing and learning silently, waiting to show the SF community I have what it takes.

Stryker
07-28-2005, 13:26
I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this so fell free to move it or delete it.

My name is Matt and I'm not in the SF. I have been in the Army Reserve for 5 years and trying to go active duty now. I stumbled across this site from another friend of mine. I have been looking at the different things that the army has to offer. If its ok with you guys I would like to stick around and read some of the knowledge to be a better soldier that you all have posted on the board. I'll probably do more reading then posting but I may have a few questions along the way.

Thanks
Matt

Jack Moroney (RIP)
07-28-2005, 13:47
Welcome all!

EchoSixMike
07-29-2005, 23:38
Hello all, Ken M here, from socnet. Go by EchoFiveMike there and most other places. Been promoted since then, so I updated the handle. Went to breakfast with CPTAUSRET yesterday morning and he mentioned this board, so I thought I'd say "Hello." S/F....Ken M

SFRADIOMAN
07-30-2005, 09:33
Welcome to all you new people. I will look forward to your responses.

AirborneJoe324
07-30-2005, 09:53
Hello all, been registerred here for a little while, and have been lurking in the shadows reading. Many of you know I've stepped on my d*ck on other sites but I'll try not to do the same thing here. I'll mostly be just lurking.

G
07-31-2005, 20:06
Been lurking (and sometimes posting) for ages. Thought it was about time I introduced myself officially.

G

Creeper
07-31-2005, 22:18
Good morning to all. I have been registered at PS for a while now, and figured it is about time to step out of lurk-mode for a brief moment.
My name is Jeremy. I live in upstate NY, a phone guy by trade. Former USAF/NYANG SP. Served forward after 9-11, met some of the greatest team guys who educated and encouraged me to look into the green and SF. It was the greatest honor of my life yet.. got back, took some time out.. pulled out some POC's from range notes back in April and made the call down to 2-19th. Now just getting ready for my chance at selection.

*just ordered "Get Selected" looking forward to the new training partner..(thank you Major and Master Sergeant)

Thanks all

back to absorbing / lurking..

check
08-02-2005, 23:05
Hello Quiet Professionals and others,

My name is Jon, I'm 24 years old, and i just finished my BBA in Marketing at a local University. I enlisted with an 18X contract on 20050204 and ship this coming Tuesday, 20050809 (I take this as good omen that i ship on the day of Tyr). I'm thrilled to have this opportunity, as it's always been a dream of mine that I've waited much too long to pursue.

Back to lurking...

Phazed
08-03-2005, 21:08
Hello all,

My name is Alex, i'm 19 years old and going into my third year of college. I've been lurking at bhd93 and socnet since early highchool and have recently found out about this site. My degree is very important to me, but going out into the real world and living a cookie-cutter life is not. I plan on enlisting 18x as soon as I get out of college.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
08-04-2005, 04:28
Hello all,

My degree is very important to me, but going out into the real world and living a cookie-cutter life is not. I plan on enlisting 18x as soon as I get out of college.

Welcome. If your degree is so important to you, why are you electing to pursue a military career rather than that in which you elected to get a degree?

jcsmith
08-05-2005, 16:47
Hi,
My name is John. I'm currently serving in the US Navy as a Master-at-Arms (MP). I'm 26 years old. At the end of my enlistment, I will be leaving the navy, and active duty and joining the Colorado National Guard. My intention is to go to OCS and become an SF Officer. I am eager to learn all I can from those of you who've been there and done it all. I'm an E-5 now and have been in for 8 years. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. I just ordered Maj. Martin's book on getting selected and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. I am currently deployed to a wonderful little place far far away. Again, thank you for your help, and God Bless the Quiet Professionals out there doing what they do.

Carbine
08-07-2005, 18:11
Hi everyone Carbine here!
Just wanted to introduce myself. Going to SFAS in Sept. I'm active duty (Army). Can't wait to get the show on the road. SF is the reason I joined the Army. Finally after two deployments I can start and finish my dream of becoming an SF soldier.

Those who dare to sleep, are those who wish to die!

Robin Sagebrush
08-07-2005, 23:20
Just lurking...

Bounced all around Bragg, McCall, & Pope AFB.
Been out since 96.
Have a saburban full of kids I chauffeur to every event you can imagine
kids involved in nowday's.
....And I thought the Army was challenging.....lol.

Looking for a few of my SF buddies. Any idea where I can look them up.
Don't want to post all of their names here...thx.

If any of the admin want to p.m. me with the info it would be much appreciated.

lostinthesauce
08-08-2005, 00:09
Hello all just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Mike I live in Raeford, NC> Active Army. I ran across this site searching for rucking tips and thought I would come aboard. My plan is to attend SFAS in Mar 06 when I get back from the desert, already submitted my packet just have to fix a few things on my physical. Well hope to learn and discuss alot .
Thanks
Mike

Roguish Lawyer
08-08-2005, 01:29
Welcome aboard Mike

Doc
08-08-2005, 03:11
Welcome aboard folks!

Doc

Dustin03
08-08-2005, 12:52
welcome all....
Hey Carbine, PM me and maybe I will see you there in SEPT.

Archangel
08-08-2005, 13:23
Welcome all!

Carbine, don't let Dustin swim by himself. :D

rtsoldier
08-08-2005, 15:29
Hello all, My name is Anthony and I'm currently an activated Reservist at Ft. Hood hoping to come to active duty this spring and attend selection ASAP! Learned alot from everyone so far, hope I can use it all in the future.

dave411
08-08-2005, 23:48
Hello, my name is David Snyder and I am joining the Army in six months. I plan on being in for over 20 years and going into SF somewhere along the road. I haven't decided if I should go into SF through the 18XRAY baby SF program but the option is on the table.

Thank you,

David Snyder

Martin
08-09-2005, 02:02
Hello, my name is David Snyder and I am joining the Army in six months. I plan on being in for over 20 years and going into SF somewhere along the road. I haven't decided if I should go into SF through the 18XRAY baby SF program but the option is on the table.

Thank you,

David Snyder
If you don't die.

Good luck to everyone, and welcome here.

Martin

The Reaper
08-09-2005, 07:23

Thank you,

David Snyder

David:

Don't plan your career too far out till you have actually done something.

I would like to be the President for two terms too, but it probably ain't happening.

TR

lksteve
08-09-2005, 07:51
welcome, all...

I would like to be the President for two terms too, but it probably ain't happening.well, you would have to quit your day job...

VelociMorte
08-09-2005, 09:14
Just a quick intro: Ex-Navy, backround in electronics and comms, currently a contractor supplying specialized equipment to the SF community. If you've driven by 7th SFG Group HQ bldg recently, you've seen some of my work.

dave411
08-09-2005, 13:58
"David:

I would like to be the President for two terms too, but it probably ain't happening."

If I don't plan for the future I'll just be another stupid kid who dosent Know what to do with his life. I have very specific goals, in what I achieve them is the question, and yes things can come up.

Dave

Doc
08-09-2005, 14:08
"David:

I would like to be the President for two terms too, but it probably ain't happening."

If I don't plan for the future I'll just be another stupid kid who dosent Know what to do with his life. I have very specific goals, in what I achieve them is the question, and yes things can come up.

Dave

Dave411

My advice to you would for you to keep quiet, lay low and get a feel for this board before arguing with folks that have more time in SF than you've been on this planet.

Read the posts, find out as much information as you can and plan your future accordingly. Getting into a pissing match won't help you here. We will simply do an IP ban and continue running this site without you.

Words are cheap. Action is what counts. Do the best you can.

I hope this is the last I hear of this discussion or you'll be gone before I go back out to work this evening.

Have a very SF day.

Doc

Archangel
08-09-2005, 14:19

DaveYour heart is in the right place & it is admirable that you want to devote 20 years of your life in service to your country. There is a lot to be said to that especially in the society that we live in today.

However, what the Colonel wanted you to understand is that you don't walk into a room full of battle-harden warriors & tell them that you're going to do this & that.

Learn to focus on your 25 meter target. If you do not understand what that means, do a search & then apply that principle in your military career.

Also a little humility will take you further here.

Welcome on board.

J-Dub
08-09-2005, 14:32
Hello all,
My name is Jason. One of my friends just shipped on the 18X program. I have been lurking for awhile and thought I should introduce myself. I feel that I have an obligation to serve in some capacity, and the Special Forces interests me the most. I just graduated with a BS in Electronic Arts focusing in Multimedia and a double minor in Computer Information Systems and Web Application Development. For the record I also have an Associates of Applied Sciences in Computer and Network Support. Now that my background is out of the way, I would like to say that I have already learned a great deal from the information provided on this site and have ordered Warrior Mentor's book.

I have much to consider ahead and I appreciate all input.

Thank you,
Jason

dave411
08-09-2005, 14:38
Sorry if that came across bad, and yes I know you guys are a million times wiser than I am. My mind is open.

aricbcool
08-09-2005, 16:20
Welcome aboard Jason. Fellow techie here, looking to go to OCS once I finish college. :)

---Aric

NousDefionsDoc
08-09-2005, 19:13
Hello all,
My name is Jason. One of my friends just shipped on the 18X program. I have been lurking for awhile and thought I should introduce myself. I feel that I have an obligation to serve in some capacity, and the Special Forces interests me the most. I just graduated with a BS in Electronic Arts focusing in Multimedia and a double minor in Computer Information Systems and Web Application Development. For the record I also have an Associates of Applied Sciences in Computer and Network Support. Now that my background is out of the way, I would like to say that I have already learned a great deal from the information provided on this site and have ordered Warrior Mentor's book.

I have much to consider ahead and I appreciate all input.

Thank you,
Jason
Reaper, do you know Guy T?

The Reaper
08-09-2005, 19:37
Reaper, do you know Guy T?

Don't think so.

Drop me a PM with the details, hermano.

TR

Bendo
08-10-2005, 12:54
Just registered today, looking forward to corresponding with as many of you as I canl. Been a Police Officer in NJ for 18 years, carry the HK USP .45 as a duty weapon, bushmasters carbines in the trunk and 870's if needed. Did a two year hitch, 11B, 9th inf, Ft Lewis. I Kinda have a feeling that I have some unfinished business that needs to be taken care of but I'm too old now to get back in. Anyway, I'm already enjoying the forums.

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
Thomas Jefferson
3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Team Sergeant
08-10-2005, 13:03
I Kinda have a feeling that I have some unfinished business that needs to be taken care of but I'm too old now to get back in.

I know how you feel, I retired in 2000....

Welcome aboard....

Team Seregant

CPTAUSRET
08-10-2005, 13:32
"I Kinda have a feeling that I have some unfinished business that needs to be taken care of but I'm too old now to get back in."

I retired in 1980, but I would love to get some payback.

Terry

Jack Moroney (RIP)
08-10-2005, 13:39
. I Kinda have a feeling that I have some unfinished business that needs to be taken care of but I'm too old now to get back in. )

Most of us career folk never really leave the service behind, for us it is just a change in duty status and we take the fight to whatever arena presents itself in ways that allow us to contribute in whatever manner we can-without going to jail of course :D

Jack Moroney-believing that there is more than one way to be a turbanator :lifter

Jgood
08-10-2005, 15:11
[QUOTE=Bendo]Been a Police Officer in NJ for 18 years[QUOTE]

You have served this country for 18 years

Aequitas
08-11-2005, 13:51
Hello all,

I'm new to the PS.com community and this is my first post. I'm currently headed to selection in October. Very excited to go. 18D here I come!

Talk to you all soon.

Sully

JRV3
08-11-2005, 14:25
Just wanted to post my intro.

I am an O-2 in the Naval Reserve after doing some AD time and am interested in crossing over to the Army to hopefully get a shot at SF.

In my free time I like to chase women, stay in shape and try to figure out how the hell I am going to get to SFAS.

I am interested in SF because of the "quiet professional" reputation, their role as teachers and shooters, and because they are always in the fight.

I am going to lurk for awhile to see if my questions have already been answered, then I might give you guys the opportunity to tear me up.

Thanks.

CoLawman
08-12-2005, 00:19
Been a Police Officer in NJ for 18 years,
Whats up brother blue

Bendo
08-12-2005, 06:22
Gents, thanks for the warm reception, If there is ever anything I could do to help out add me to your resource list. COlawman, be safe out there I hear the altitude out there makes everyone a little squirrely. It's kind of funny here in NJ, about gangs, I work in suburbia, no one wants to aknowledge the fact that gangs exists here. In their minds that gang stuff only happens in L.A. Nough LE talk, you QP's are an inspiration everyday.

djmonkeyboy
08-12-2005, 12:09
(first attemtped earlier in wrong area)
Hello crew, thought this might be a good section for a tame first post.
As a quick introduction I work for the game America's Army. I Just recently found this site and thought it looked like a great place to keep up to date on military information and opinions. I will try my best to use my knowledge and experiences to not come off as a complete wanabe annoyance, thanks for you patience.

I'm sure you guys aren't big on excuses, but I did make sure and read all the rules and sticky's I could. (including):
http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3452
While viewing rule #2, "2. Introduce yourself with your first post." I was unaware this introduction needed to be at base camp since my first post was attempted in general discussion. Which that area's sticky only declares to make sure one's profile is appropriate.
I was also told not to post outside links, but the rules page seems to just demand no nudity or unauthorized ads assuming the post in "on topic."
Is there another "first timers" page I have missed?

Pete
08-12-2005, 13:06
[QUOTE=djmonkeyboy...Is there another "first timers" page I have missed?[/QUOTE]

And for djmonkeyboy, your next few posts will be of great interest to some of us.

Pete

Kyobanim
08-12-2005, 13:09
(first attemtped earlier in wrong area)
Hello crew, thought this might be a good section for a tame first post.
As a quick introduction I work for the game America's Army. I Just recently found this site and thought it looked like a great place to keep up to date on military information and opinions. I will try my best to use my knowledge and experiences to not come off as a complete wanabe annoyance, thanks for you patience.

I'm sure you guys aren't big on excuses, but I did make sure and read all the rules and sticky's I could. (including):
http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3452
While viewing rule #2, "2. Introduce yourself with your first post." I was unaware this introduction needed to be at base camp since my first post was attempted in general discussion. Which that area's sticky only declares to make sure one's profile is appropriate.
I was also told not to post outside links, but the rules page seems to just demand no nudity or unauthorized ads assuming the post in "on topic."
Is there another "first timers" page I have missed?

Welcome. Your best bet would be to hang out and see how things go. I would recommend reading the Team Sergeant's Office threads just to get a feel for how not to post and what not to ask.

css
08-14-2005, 04:48
Hello, I am chris smollack. I am 22. I am a prior service 11c who served with the 4th id, I decided to take a break after my first stint, I am finishing school at wyotech, shortly after I plan to aquire an 18x contract as I now feel mature enough for the responsibility, probably won't hear much from me, just soaking up info to aid in my success. thanks

chris

eva05
08-14-2005, 12:56
I've been here a while but somehow I managed not to do this.

My profile has been filled out since I started lurking here a while ago.

I'm a professional designer, illustrator, animator, pixel pusher, artist type. (Something you folks might've seen recently is I produced the website for the 9/11 memorial erected on Staten Island...masasono.com if you're interested).

I was first introduced to the existence of Special Forces via the John Wayne and George Takei movie when I was a tot in the 70's. I went to the library and read Robin Moore's book a few years later. Have always fostered in an interest in history of the Untied States and the rest of the world.

Thanks for having me :)

j

Max Power
08-14-2005, 15:19
Not really new here, but I've been absent for a while now so I thought I should re-introduce.

I'm an 11B2P with the 82nd... been to Iraq & Afghanistan... married... another daughter on the way (1-2 weeks until the wife pops)...

Was set to go to SFAS but had some family issues to sort out. But I'm back on the path to bigger and better things again, just waiting to head off, give it my best, and take it from there.

That's pretty much it for my re-introduction.