PDA

View Full Version : Introductions-Your first post on this board goes here.

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Gypsy
03-06-2005, 20:23
Hi all. I am Phily357's girlfriend. I want to find out all that I can to support him and help him out along the way. I'll be doing some reading now, but if anyone can think of something off the top of your head let me know! Thanks.

Welcome Snickerdoodle! Best advice I can give is learn all you can about his chosen career, be unconditionally supportive and give him his space when he needs it. And he'll need it. :) Often his need for space will have nothing to do with you...so try not to take it personally. And don't be a nagger. :p

mcdude
03-07-2005, 22:15
Hello all. Glad to be here. I see alot of familiar names, and a few old friends.
This oughta be fun!

MD

Kim
03-08-2005, 11:30
Welcome Kim. We will get you squared away in the med forum. I have some calls in to a few guys to see if they can give me some info to help you.

AS to the Bill Harsey tales, I talked with Bill today on the phone, and he told me to tell you that I have official clearance for any and all tales that you may have. Honest, you can trust me with all his skeletons. :D So, shoot me a PM with some grizzly details or better yet photos and grizzly details and I will go to work. :D LOL

AGain, Welcome

Hi Sacamuelas, Thank you for the warm welcome! I just want to let you know I think Harsey has come along way since the Special Ed class in Boring, Or. Just kidding. Sure, I'll tell you about "back in the day." There wasn't alot to do in the middle of nowhere, so we were all very resourceful when it came to entertainment. I'll PM you later! Thanks again, Kim

Trip_Wire (RIP)
03-08-2005, 11:34
Perhaps a little late, but I thought I'd put a face to my intro. At 74 + Years of age I'm not worried about being compromised, etc. This pic was taken at 1st SFG(A)'s Menton Day in December of 2004. :lifter

NousDefionsDoc
03-08-2005, 11:39
Outstanding photo Master Sergeant.

Thank you for sharing.

Swift
03-08-2005, 12:20
Thank you all for your service and this great website. I am 25 and will pursue an 18x contract when I begin the enlistment process.

While in college my goal was to have a career in investment research because I was good at math and liked the “excitement” of the stock market. I accomplished my goal and now have put myself in a great position from a career standpoint, yet I have become more of a news junkie than a financial analyst. Additionally, I am now too much of a fitness and outdoors freak to sit at my desk 12 hours a day for the next 30 years.

When I learned of the 18x option and the Special Forces Mission there was no doubt in my mind - I want that challenge and way of life. I really believe in America’s aggressive stance on the GWOT and want to contribute in the most effective way possible. Looking back, I wish like hell I would have joined up right after high school, but better late than never.

I have started the process of dropping the extra lbs from my offensive lineman frame and have shifted from a powerlifting to an endurance workout program. I will be ready to enlist later this fall.

Thanks again for your service and the reams of information you have made available on this website.

NousDefionsDoc
03-08-2005, 13:23
You're an offensive lineman and your user name is Swift? LOL

Too bad we don't have the handcrank generators for you to hump anymore. Oh well, I'm sure they'll find something heavy for you.

Good luck and welcomne to the board.

College Boy :p

trojan
03-09-2005, 04:05
Hi,

I'm currently a cadet headed towards the infantry and am looking at where I might like to go after that. I'm just here to learn. I'm not so sure I have much to contribute, so this may end up being my only post :)

Thanks for letting us young pups in!

ANUBIS
03-10-2005, 05:01
As per ROE, my profile is filled out and my introduction follows;
I have recently completed my service obligation with the Army after ten and a half memorable years. I served as a tank crewman for seven years and unfortunately was called upon to become a detailed recruiter. Although unhappy with the order, I gave it my all and made the best of it for three and a half years. I hadn't any intentions of getting out but was placed in a difficult situation. I had been involuntarily extended (after I voluntarily extended), and on top of that I was told that if I were to reup I would remain a recruiter even though I opted for the first bird over the pond. I understand the "needs of the Army" clause but enough was enough. I have thought of trying out for SF for a while now and I realize getting out may have hurt my chances. I also realize (as per my research) that I wouldn't have even been able to try as a recruiter. A rock and a hard place! In trying to follow protocol, I have been able to find most everything I need. However, I do have a few questions pertaining to reenlisting. You can trust that any answers or help given will not be in vain. I am trying to make a sound decision based on facts and not what MEPS needs for a coin or leather jacket!Thank you very much, and I hope to be given the opportunity to discuss my questions.

Roguish Lawyer
03-10-2005, 10:06
I served as a tank crewman for seven years and unfortunately was called upon to become a detailed recruiter. Although unhappy with the order, I gave it my all and made the best of it for three and a half years. I hadn't any intentions of getting out but was placed in a difficult situation. I had been involuntarily extended (after I voluntarily extended), and on top of that I was told that if I were to reup I would remain a recruiter even though I opted for the first bird over the pond.

I would think you are unlikely to be told that you need to speak to a recruiter first.

LOL Welcome.

ANUBIS
03-10-2005, 10:54
Thanks for the welcome. I know it sounds a little odd that a recruiter would be looking for such info, but if you knew what I do about the business (you just may) you would understand. They would keep me at MEPS till I agreed that 88M (truck driver) is what I really wanted! The worse thing is that it would be MY old chain of command doing it!

ANUBIS
03-10-2005, 11:16
Before I am feasted upon! I used 88M as an example and not as a joke.

notdubszj
03-10-2005, 22:12
Gentlemen,

My name is Thomas and I am considering going into the miltary after I get my degree. Would love to go in as medic as my long term goal is to be a doctor. I'm here to read and learn about all things high speed. Thanks a lot for your service.

Thomas Out

Gandhi
03-11-2005, 06:47
Hey people names Kevin Stationed at bragg, actually just about to start bnoc in the q here, so yea I'm pretty new to the sf thing. Well shotting for 18D, it's my #1 reason for doing this stuff, second being I want to actually make a difference for a team and whatever the misson may be. Well off to bnoc this mon cya.

NousDefionsDoc
03-11-2005, 06:59
Welcome aboard.

Kevin, I have found this tome (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0764551345/103-8695478-7427043?v=glance) to be very helpful. Best of luck. cya. :cool:

DS7
03-11-2005, 08:55
Hello brothers, I filled out my profile as per SOP. I don't see myself posting to often, as I am a big believer in only opening your cake-hole when you have something positive to contribute to the conversation; a virtue I wish more people had. Thank you Team Sergeant for a great site. De Oppresso Liber

Peregrino
03-11-2005, 11:05
I have found this tome (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0764551345/103-8695478-7427043?v=glance) to be very helpful. Best of luck. cya. :cool:

NDD - Nice hint. Guys, if you're aspiring to join the community, and want to make a positive impact - give serious consideration to who you are talking to and who is watching. (cya is not a wise way to address somebody who is going to be one of your primary instructors! Neither is being flip with a well respected retired Colonel.) Situational Awareness is a lot more than just another buzz word. Everything you do/say will be scrutinized so that QPs can make an educated guess about how you can help them do their job. No weak links, it's a survival thing. Every good deal starts with - do I want (trust) this guy doing this job? Your reputation is well started before you get out of Training Group. If you step on it, it will take years to recover - a lesson some of us have learned the hard way :D . Your name (and everything that stands for) is the most valuable asset you have in life. In this community if you're not doing the job you're either a "wannabe" or a "has been" (I finally graduated to "has been" status - spent years trying to get there). You can also be a "never gonna be" if you insist on stepping on it with golf cleats. FWIW - Peregrino

Pete
03-11-2005, 11:12
I finally graduated to "has been" status - spent years trying to get there- Peregrino

In this line of work you are never a "has been" you just become a FAG*

*(Former Action Guy) :p

Pete

Peregrino
03-11-2005, 11:53
In this line of work you are never a "has been" you just become a FAG* *(Former Action Guy) :p Pete

Talk about the Pot calling the Kettle black! :rolleyes: Peregrino

Peregrino
03-11-2005, 12:13
Addendum - For those of you who don't understand my previous post: I encourage you to check out the story of the "Tender Hearted Killer". A recent (at the time - this was in the early 90's) graduate of the "Q" Course went home on leave to FL where he was persuaded to give a story to the local newspaper. (Something about the girlfriend set him up.) The female reporter wrote a story best published in a Harlequin romance, the local 20th Gp SGM saw it and notified the appropriate persons at Bragg (very small world). By the time he got back from leave copies of the story were posted in most teamrooms and latrines throughout the community and his entire CoC was in line for a piece of his ass. His promising (honor grad if I remember correctly) SF career was sidetracked for several years while he lived under a microscope and he spent many more years living the incident down (and there's still a lot of guys who remember it, much to his chagrin). To his credit IIRC, he recovered, soldiered his way out of the hole he was in, and is still contributing to the community albeit a little less flamboyantly. Lessons learned - never trust reporters or girlfriends and always consider the reprecussions of everything you do BEFORE YOU DO IT! FWIW - Peregrino

|S|^|C|
03-11-2005, 13:30
I have been researching SF and hope to someday join their ranks. I don't see myself posting much here until I can educate myself further on the subject. Thank you for you informational forum.

cerealman
03-11-2005, 20:21
Hello.
I'm new to this site and crowd, but recognise some of y'all.
Congrats to whomever is responsible for organizing all the information.
Nicely done.
I don't have all that much time to correspond or be online and don't know how much I will post, but just wanted to check in...so's not to be considerd a "lurker".
Regards,
...hope I'm doing this right...do they have whackers on this List?

Pete
03-11-2005, 20:37
hope I'm doing this right...do they have whackers on this List?

Welcome Cerealman

From one A/3/5 guy to another

A/3/5 Nov 74 - Dec 87 and Dec 92 - Dec 94

Pete

EarthPig2/75
03-11-2005, 20:59
I cannot seem to locate a specific Introductions Area, so if this is not the proper place, I apologize.

I have checked out this site several times in the past and have found it to be as advertised....professional. Because I never served in an SF Unit, I was very hesitant to join the site. After being coaxed by some friends who frequent this site, I decided to give it a shot.

I did things backwards. I started out in Law Enforcement, serving 8 years in Houston, with the Harris County S.O. During that time, I took assignments as Jailer, Patrolman, SWAT Officer, and UC Narcotics Officer.

At age 30, I left the Sheriff's Dept. to pursue a military career. I completed OSUT (11B), Jump School, and RIP, and was assigned to A Company, 2/75 Ranger Battalion in Ft. Lewis, WA. After doing about 1 1/2 years in Battalion, I blew out my lower back on a parachute jump. I was medically discharged (Honorable: E4) two weeks before Just Cause, which sucked.

I gradually got my body back in shape, while I attended college for a couple years. I then got back into Law Enforcement and did another 4 years in Washington State. My last assignment there was on the Quinault Indian Rez.

I am now working as a school teacher and doing some graphic design on the side.

My purpose for being here is to hook up with old friends and hopefully gain some new ones.

Thanks to all of you for your service and sacrifices.

RLTW
EarthPig

NousDefionsDoc
03-11-2005, 21:11
Ranger lost in the woods again and needs a SF guy to show him the way. There ya go Batt Boy. welcome to the board.

XXOOs,
Sneaky

EarthPig2/75
03-11-2005, 21:13
Thanks for the welcome, Sneaky. I didn't recognize you! :D
RLTW
EP

CPTAUSRET
03-11-2005, 21:13
Bob:

Is that you? Welcome aboard!

This place is as advertised, professionally run, good people, subject matter experts in most applicable fields, and BS is not tolerated.

What more could you want??

Terry

Team Sergeant
03-11-2005, 21:15
Welcome EarthPig,

Nice intro, can we use that to teach others? ;)

Welcome to the site.

Team Sergeant

EarthPig2/75
03-11-2005, 21:16
Yes, Terry, it's me. Someone was already using "EarthPig." :mad: I had to add the digits. Just remember that I'm the actual model, as seen on TV. ;)
RLTW
EP

EarthPig2/75
03-11-2005, 21:18
Welcome EarthPig,

Nice intro, can we use that to teach others? ;)

Welcome to the site.

Team Sergeant
Hahaha! Yes, Sarn't. I've had to blast a few sorry ones on other sites. I feel your pain. Thanks for the warm welcome.
RLTW
EP

The Reaper
03-11-2005, 21:23
Yes, Terry, it's me. Someone was already using "EarthPig." :mad: I had to add the digits. Just remember that I'm the actual model, as seen on TV. ;)
RLTW
EP

You should have come here sooner and gotten first dibs. :D

TR

Ambush Master
03-11-2005, 21:25
Hey EP, I was MACVSOG CCC RTNY on the SN site. Good to see another Houstonian in here !!

Do take care.
Martin

EarthPig2/75
03-11-2005, 21:30
Well I'll be.......all these old faces (not as in FOG!). I thought you guys fell off the planet! It's good to see all of you. Long time no see-um. It's good to be surrounded with such good company.
RLTW
EP

Jack Moroney (RIP)
03-12-2005, 08:51
Welcome aboard EP2/75.

CavFSO
03-15-2005, 14:36
Greetings to all. My name is Chris (13A) and I am a Fire Support / CAS instructor as the U.S. Army Infantry School. I'm joining A/1/20th in July and off to SFAS in September. I am here to read, listen, and learn from all of the other great Americans and quiet professionals on this website. Been lurking here for quite sometime. Thanks for the great info and website.

NousDefionsDoc
03-15-2005, 14:39
Greetings to all. My name is Chris (13A) and I am a Fire Support / CAS instructor as the U.S. Army Infantry School. I'm joining A/1/20th in July and off to SFAS in September. I am here to read, listen, and learn from all of the other great Americans and quiet professionals on this website. Been lurking here for quite sometime. Thanks for the great info and website.

Welcome aboard. Did you get your issue squared away?

CavFSO
03-15-2005, 14:47
NDD,

I am assuming by "issue" you mean my ability to update my profile? If so, yes, and thanks for the help. I appreciate it. CW

NousDefionsDoc
03-15-2005, 14:56
Roger. It wasn't me. I don't actually do anything around here but make fun of people. Mostly college boys and 2nd Lts. :) Welcome aboard.

lksteve
03-15-2005, 21:41
Mostly college boys and 2nd Lts.

damn...never knew you could spell mostly that way....i guess Andrew Jackson was right...

NousDefionsDoc
03-15-2005, 21:55
Whatever are you talking about? :lifter :p

Team Sergeant
03-15-2005, 22:00
damn...never knew you could spell mostly that way....i guess Andrew Jackson was right...

We don't mess with SF medics, and here on Professional Soldiers.com we don't mess with Admins, especially SF medic admins.

TS

This message has been brought to you by the ProfessionalSoldiers.com staff. :p

lksteve
03-15-2005, 22:11
Whatever are you talking about?

smooth move, X-lax... :D

Pug
03-15-2005, 23:21
Hello. I recently enlisted as an 18X and ship out to Benning on 12 MAY 2005.

I'm very excited to have the chance to serve my country.

My thurst for knowledge and natural curiosity led me to search the Internet where I found this wonderful site.

I realize the rigors of OSUT, Airborne, and SFAS are challenging and that the odds are against me--probably more so since I'm older (almost 29). However, I'm not one to quit just because of odds or a challenge.

EDIT: Fixed context of message.

The Reaper
03-15-2005, 23:52
Hello. I recently enlisted as an 18X and ship out to Benning on 12 MAY 2005. I'm too excited to just sit idly by so I found this website and will be reading all I can to get myself further excited!

This is not that kind of a website!

TR

Roguish Lawyer
03-16-2005, 01:13
This is not that kind of a website!

TR

Well, there is that pic of Matchanu wrapped in 60 link . . . :D

Doc
03-16-2005, 19:00
Hello. I recently enlisted as an 18X and ship out to Benning on 12 MAY 2005. I'm too excited to just sit idly by so I found this website and will be reading all I can to get myself further excited!

Methinks this is flame bait.

The don't ask, don't tell policy is in effect.

Radar Rider
03-16-2005, 19:15
Are you near a box of tissues? :eek:

Pug
03-17-2005, 09:49
I fixed my post. After reading it again (and after getting some sleep) I realize how it came across wrong. I will do a better job of posting in the future.

NousDefionsDoc
03-17-2005, 09:58
I fixed my post. After reading it again (and after getting some sleep) I realize how it came across wrong. I will do a better job of posting in the future.
See how easy that was? You are already back on track. Welcome to the board. We're excited to have you here. :)

The Reaper
03-17-2005, 10:04
See how easy that was? You are already back on track. Welcome to the board. We're excited to have you here. :)

VERY excited! :D

Good luck.

TR

Hawk
03-17-2005, 10:52
Top of the Mornin to ya! Happy St. Patrick's Day to all.
I am a college student in Alabama. I was enlisted in the reserves for a year and a half until I joined an ROTC program and became a cadet (Don't laugh too hard). Basically I just wanted to say thanks to you all. I had several questions and I found answers to them all by searching the site. There are some really motivating posts on here that I read almost daily. I really respect you guys and what you have to say, and I've learned alot about SF and life in general from this site. I want to branch Infantry as an Officer. Maybe I'll get the chance to go to SFAS someday in the the future.

Thanks again for everything i've gained from this site and God Bless you all.

Scrappy
03-17-2005, 12:43
Hey guys, my name is Lee, im a 19 year old ranch hand from middle of nowhere Texas. i just got my special forces contract, and im looking forward to being part of the SF legacy. i lucked out and found a recruiter in my area that was ex-SF and he really helped me out and got me on the right path. Until i leave in May i will be surveying pipeline all over the country, so ill be poping in and out. I have a ton of respect for yall guys and i cant wait to serve with you.

NousDefionsDoc
03-17-2005, 13:29
Hey guys, my name is Lee, im a 19 year old ranch hand from middle of nowhere Texas. i just got my special forces contract, and im looking forward to being part of the SF legacy. i lucked out and found a recruiter in my area that was ex-SF and he really helped me out and got me on the right path. Until i leave in May i will be surveying pipeline all over the country, so ill be poping in and out. I have a ton of respect for yall guys and i cant wait to serve with you.

Where in Texas?

Scrappy
03-17-2005, 15:30
Where in Texas?

Wharton, its a small town about an hour south of houston with more cows than people.

RAT
03-17-2005, 15:43
Wharton, its a small town about an hour south of houston with more cows than people.

We know where that is....

Drilled a few holes out that way. Women even. :D

RAT OUT!!!

Roguish Lawyer
03-17-2005, 16:14

RAT OUT!!!

LOL

Scrappy
03-17-2005, 16:15

RAT OUT!!!

you cant walk across a pasture these days without bumping into a well out here. as for the women.... well...... i just hope you used a saftey :D

NousDefionsDoc
03-17-2005, 19:08

RAT OUT!!!
Indeed we do.

Doc
03-17-2005, 19:50
Don't mess with Texas!

From down Houston way.

Doc

Bill Harsey
03-17-2005, 20:08
Welcome aboard, Texas seems to be well (strongly) represented here.

CPTAUSRET
03-17-2005, 20:48
Buddy Holly hailed from Lubbock, that's good enough for me. :)

Terry

Bill Harsey
03-17-2005, 21:02
ZZ Top is from Texas.

That's knife makin' music.

Ambush Master
03-17-2005, 21:02
Don't Forget Roy Orbison from Vernon and later Wink !!!

mfos2
03-17-2005, 21:38
First off. Thank you for such a wonderful site.

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm an info whore and I'm here to do research to find out if I really want to leave college for the 18x program. I'll keep out of everyones way.

Oh my name is Mike.

lksteve
03-17-2005, 21:49
I fixed my post. After reading it again (and after getting some sleep) I realize how it came across wrong.

just a note, here...you're have to learn how to function on little sleep... :D

Pug
03-17-2005, 22:19
just a note, here...you're have to learn how to function on little sleep... :D

Roger that.

Roguish Lawyer
03-17-2005, 22:31
Roger that.

Copenhagen and the search button.

TerribleTobyt
03-18-2005, 07:32
Greetings from San Antone!!!!!!! :D

NousDefionsDoc
03-18-2005, 08:03
Greetings from San Antone!!!!!!! :D
Where it is not much of a crime to whack a surly bartender. :o

Bill Harsey
03-18-2005, 08:19
Where it is not much of a crime to whack a surly bartender. :o
But only if your wearing a Walker Colt.

Scrappy
03-18-2005, 15:17
But only if your wearing a Walker Colt.

or packing one of your knives!

its good to see so many ole boys from Texas on the board, at least someone will understand what im talking about. im afraid yall will have to disregard me if i get to jawin about cattle and tractors and the like.

CPTAUSRET
03-18-2005, 15:25
or packing one of your knives!

its good to see so many ole boys from Texas on the board, at least someone will understand what im talking about. im afraid yall will have to disregard me if i get to jawin about cattle and tractors and the like.

Scrappy:

There are a few Iowa boys on here who also know a lick about cattle and tractors.

Terry

Jack Moroney (RIP)
03-18-2005, 15:35
Scrappy:

There are a few Iowa boys on here who also know a lick about cattle and tractors.

Terry

Yer Damn right!!!. I have a John Deere Lawn Tractor and have plenty of hooved animals that graze in my meadow. Can I play? :D

Jack Moroney

CPTAUSRET
03-18-2005, 15:46
Yer Damn right!!!. I have a John Deere Lawn Tractor and have plenty of hooved animals that graze in my meadow. Can I play? :D

Jack Moroney

Col:

You're on, you from Iowa by any chance?

I would find the time to give you a call, if I had your ph #.

Terry

Jack Moroney (RIP)
03-18-2005, 15:52
Col:

You're on, you from Iowa by any chance?

Terry

No, but my brother in law coached football for Iowa State in the 70s.

Jack Moroney

gwb
03-19-2005, 20:56
The initials are intentional. I am a 21 year old college student who recently enlisted under the 18x option in the United States Army. I think it's favorable to me to gather all the information possible, which is the reason for me registering with this site. My one concern, although it probably won't be a concern in the future, is finishing my degree. This is why I asked the previous question about college credit. Thanks.

The Reaper
03-19-2005, 21:12
The initials are intentional. I am a 21 year old college student who recently enlisted under the 18x option in the United States Army. I think it's favorable to me to gather all the information possible, which is the reason for me registering with this site. My one concern, although it probably won't be a concern in the future, is finishing my degree. This is why I asked the previous question about college credit. Thanks.

Hey, college boy.

Do you think that the 56 page long Introductions thread in The Base Camp might be a better place for your intro than in the 18D Forum (especially since you are not an 18D)?

I will move it now for you. Two words. Situational Awareness.

Think about it. Then go read the stickies and practice using the search button.

Now suck it up and get back to doing PT.

TR

NousDefionsDoc
03-19-2005, 22:11
My one concern, although it probably won't be a concern in the future, is finishing my degree.
Why not? :munchin

SigepJeep
03-19-2005, 23:36
Hello, I am a recent college graduate who has just enlisted as an 18x. I ship to Benning on August 10. I'm excited and ready to get started. I spend my time reading to learn as much as I can about SF and doing PT.

gwb
03-19-2005, 23:56
Why not? :munchin
The extensive training coupled with the desire to get and stay ahead will put any further college classroom work on the back burner.

mgmurley
03-20-2005, 06:06
Mike here.

Just checking in to introduce myself. I have been following the site for quite a while as a guest and just joined. Seems to be a wealth of knowledge to take in so I am just going to sit back and take it in.

- OUT -

NousDefionsDoc
03-20-2005, 08:09
The extensive training coupled with the desire to get and stay ahead will put any further college classroom work on the back burner.

Mmmm. How long have you been going to college? What's your major? Where do you go to school?

gwb
03-20-2005, 10:40
Mmmm. How long have you been going to college? What's your major? Where do you go to school?

Two years. American History. University of Texas at San Antonio.

Doc
03-20-2005, 10:44
A few of us are from the Lone Star State.

Too bad the 18D course left San Antonio. It's one of my favorite cities.

Doc

gwb
03-20-2005, 11:18

Doc

With all the medical facilities there you would think it would be an ideal place.

Trip_Wire (RIP)
03-20-2005, 13:30

Doc

I'm not from Texas, nor have I ever been stationed there; however, I had relitives that I used to visit in Dallas. On my visits to them we visited most of the major Cities in Texas.

San Antonio, quickly turned into my favorite city in Texas! The Alamo, the River Walk area. The other place I enjoyed was Galvaston, stayed in a hotel right over the surf and had some great seafood at the place with the big crab in the roof. :munchin

Ambush Master
03-20-2005, 13:34
The other place I enjoyed was Galvaston, stayed in a hotel right over the surf and had some great seafood at the place with the big crab in the roof. :munchin

That would be Gaido's !!!! Very good seafood. My Brother-in-law lives on the "Sinking Sandbar" !!

NousDefionsDoc
03-20-2005, 15:02
Two years. American History. University of Texas at San Antonio.
Gonna quit?

Doc
03-20-2005, 15:09
With all the medical facilities there you would think it would be an ideal place.

It was at one time for us. A short history as to the change. The SF Medical Instructors at Ft Sam and Ft Bragg had trouble relaying what was needed to cut down on the attrition rate between the two courses. The extra curricular activities after hours candidates got involved in at Ft Sam probably didn't help matters much either. The plan was to put it all under one roof which we did. Once at Bragg the powers that be had better command and control over what was going on.

Doc

NousDefionsDoc
03-20-2005, 15:24
I was there, but I didn't do any of the stuff they said I did. It was all those other guys. :o

Doc
03-20-2005, 15:40
I was there, but I didn't do any of the stuff they said I did. It was all those other guys. :o

It was stated that the elephant man could find a date at Ft Sam. :eek:

I knew single guys that would have done anything to get assigned there as an instructor. :lifter

Sad to say that SF's place at Ft Sam passed into history. :(

Kyobanim
03-20-2005, 16:01

I smell one of those sneaky stories in the air . . .

gwb
03-20-2005, 16:06
Gonna quit?

No. I'll have to put it off for a while though. I enrolled in a distance learning university called American Military University. It seems credible, although it doesn't have its regional accreditation. Anyone ever heard of it?

jagerhunchback
03-21-2005, 08:59
hi all, i was invited to this site by NousDefionsDoc, i'm an active duty 11b squad leader with the 25th winding things down here in afghanistan. looking for a new line of work and am going to try for the 18 delta program. glad to be a guest.

swim82
03-21-2005, 19:42
Gentlemen,
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Scott, I am a prior service Marine grunt, and NROTC nerd. I have been lurking for a few weeks...decided to register today. I will most likely spend some more time reading through the forums before posting anything myself. Until then, glad to be here as well...

Cincinnatus
03-22-2005, 09:33
Hey All,

I've just joined the board. Sneaky invited me over a couple of months ago, but it's taken me awhile to read up on the past posts and get around to signing up.

I never served in the military and thought about using "REMF" or "Wannabe" as my screen name to denote my non mil, and decidedly non SF, status. :D However, I felt my humor might not be appreciated and as some of you already know me as "Cincinnatus" from other boards, stuck with it.

At the moment, I live in Vermont about thirty miles or so from COL Moroney. I imagine we listen to the same classical musical station. :boohoo However, I doubt that he shares my other musical tastes. I expect that I'm the only "Dead Head" on the board. Previously, I've lived in the DC area and in Europe.

I am something of a student of history, and military and special operations in particular, and have worked on the periphery of the military and intel communities for a number of years, so I'm not as far down the learning curve as I might be. I'm also somewhat of a training junkie and through that have met additional members of the SO community and developed a greater appreciation for the skills and dedication of it's members.

Reading through the archives here the past several weeks has been an interesting experience. I've learned a great deal and howled with laughter at a few of the stories I've read. I look forward to learning more and participating in the forums.

Can't think of much else to add. I'm in my forties, single, tall, good looking, flagarantly heterosexual, no kids that I'm aware of (been pretty careful :D ), like to hike, XC ski, shoot a bit, and read a lot.

Roguish Lawyer
03-22-2005, 10:18
Welcome.

rubberneck
03-22-2005, 11:26
flagarantly heterosexual,

Methinks the man doth protset too much..... :D

Just kidding. Welcome to the board from another civilian.

TerribleTobyt
03-22-2005, 12:18
Welcome aboard, Guys!!!!! :)

Martin
03-22-2005, 12:51
Welcome!

Jagerhunchback: Does Jager hint at the gull or non-American origin?

Jack Moroney (RIP)
03-22-2005, 12:54
Hey All,

Can't think of much else to add. I'm in my forties, single, tall, good looking, flagarantly heterosexual, no kids that I'm aware of (been pretty careful :D ), like to hike, XC ski, shoot a bit, and read a lot.

Welcome aboard. At first I thought you had mistakenly registered for E-Harmony.com when I read your last paragraph. :D

Jack Moroney-Can't remember my forties, considered short but really wound up tight, uglier than sin,married and know all my kids, can no longer hike or ski, shoot often and read more than I'd like too.

NousDefionsDoc
03-22-2005, 13:11
Welcome aboard C. Good to have you here. Cincinnatus is a proponent of WWII combatives, outspoken and a world class smart ass - I will attempt to help him fit in. :)

Scrappy
03-22-2005, 13:14
That would be Gaido's !!!! Very good seafood. My Brother-in-law lives on the "Sinking Sandbar" !!

Awsome seafood, especially when you can get it half off! I spent last weekend on Boliver chuggin brews, hittin on girls, and tusseling with jarheads. Good times.... good times...

NousDefionsDoc
03-22-2005, 13:15
Welcome Jager. I merged yours and Cincinnatus' threads into the intro thread. The Boss likes things neat and orderly.

Welcome aboard and enjoy the board. Be sure to read all the rules and stickies and what not.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
03-22-2005, 13:20
Welcome aboard Jager.

Bill Harsey
03-22-2005, 13:45
At the moment, I live in Vermont about thirty miles or so from COL Moroney. I imagine we listen to the same classical musical station. :boohoo However, I doubt that he shares my other musical tastes. I expect that I'm the only "Dead Head" on the board. :eek:

Don't worry, as soon as Saturday Market starts back up in Eugene I'll go shopping for Col. Moroney's green 'n purple tie-dye and some Grateful Dead bootleg tapes.

Welcome aboard Cincinnatus.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
03-22-2005, 14:47
:eek:

Don't worry, as soon as Saturday Market starts back up in Eugene I'll go shopping for Col. Moroney's green 'n purple tie-dye and some Grateful Dead bootleg tapes.

Now if that happens be prepared to find a mutilated spotted owl dangling from your mailbox with a picture sent to all your friends at the Sierra Club and the ELF showing a Harsey blade stuck thru its chest. :D

Jack Moroney

Bill Harsey
03-22-2005, 15:12
Now if that happens be prepared to find a mutilated spotted owl dangling from your mailbox with a picture sent to all your friends at the Sierra Club and the ELF showing a Harsey blade stuck thru its chest. :D

Jack Moroney
LMAO! Message received loud and clear.

(I must have got the colors wrong on the tie-dye)

Gypsy
03-22-2005, 19:30

LOL, yeah well you forgot to include your zodiac sign. :D

Welcome all.

Cincinnatus
03-22-2005, 21:26
All,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Jager,

If it's not out of place for someone who's even newer to the board than yourself to extend a welcome, welcome. I've enjoyed your posts over at LF for awhile and am grateful for your service to our country. Thank you.

COL Jack? Moroney,

Do I even want to know what E-Harmony is? As we're practically neighbors, perhaps we can do some shooting. I expect you could teach me a thing or two.

Rubberneck,

It's interesting that of the six paragraphs in my intro you seized upon that one phrase, inconclusive in itself, of course, still... :p

Sneaky,

"a world class smart ass" Damn, coming from you that's like being knighted or something. :D I told Dad over dinner "I finally joined that SF board that I've been telling you about. The guy who invited me posted that I was 'a world class smart ass!' I don't know which is greater, my feelings of pride or of trepidation." He finished chewing and said "It's nice to have your talents appreciated." Wonder where I get it from? LOL

BTW- what's the origin of the true believer qoute in your sig line. I really like it. I'd seen an abbreviated version somewhere, IIRC, "Somewhere, right now, someone is training to kill you and take what's yours. Still wanna quit?"

Gypsy,

I'm a Libra :D

CPTAUSRET
03-22-2005, 21:50
All,

That's waaay more than I wanted to know!

Terry

Gypsy
03-22-2005, 21:56
Gypsy,

Ahh now your "profile" is complete, NDD can rest easy. :D

Don't tell me you've missed out on all those mushy E-Harmony commercials! It's an online dating service. :eek:

LOL @ Terry!

Cincinnatus
03-22-2005, 22:10
Gypsy,

I watch almost zero television. There's literally not a working TV in the house. Most pop culture references will go right over my head.

Gypsy
03-22-2005, 22:27
Cincinnatus you're not missing much...except for the Military Channel of course. That's definitely worth the price of admission. Well, add The Learning Channel, The History Channel, and the Food Network...

/hijack...sorry all! :cool:

NousDefionsDoc
03-22-2005, 22:56
BTW- what's the origin of the true believer qoute in your sig line. I really like it. I'd seen an abbreviated version somewhere, IIRC, "Somewhere, right now, someone is training to kill you and take what's yours. Still wanna quit?"
As far as we know, I wrote it. Ideas from recruiting posters, Che, etc. If you run across the one you quoted, please let me know - I like to give credit where credit is due.

lksteve
03-24-2005, 15:49
As far as we know, I wrote it.

you'd think a guy would remember something like that... :D

alton16
03-24-2005, 16:05
I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been lurking for a while and have recently started talking to a recruiter about enlisting in a NGSF unit. I'm a Consultant in the DC area and am currently waiting on my BI for a FLE Agency. I look forward to becoming more active on the board. Thanks.

Mike

tonyzealotus
03-24-2005, 20:19
Hi, my name is Tony and I am currently a graduate student in Alabama. I enjoy bass fishing and hunting in my spare time. I am 26 years old and not prior service. I was, however, enrolled in the college ROTC program here for a while. I was also in the SMP program which allowed me to be in the guard at the same time I attended school. My military knowledge is limited and the limit of my training has been attending LTC at Ft. Knox and being on the Ranger Challenge team. Very low speed by many measures. I learned about this site both on a search engine and armyranger.com. I have the same user name on that site as well. While looking at many posts before posting this introduction, I realized that this would be a great site to fill in the gaps of my knowledge and help me make the best decision concerning military service. I know that I will join next summer when I graduate, but the route I take is still undertermined. I'll leave many other details to what PM's I may send. I appreciate the chance to be a part of this site and get some of this information that I consider to be extremely important to people like me. One thing I have noticed while searching the posts is that the moderators and members on this site are extremely helpful. Thank you for that! Please excuse in advance any errors in my part made in ignorance. Thanks again.

Pug
03-24-2005, 21:03
Welcome aboard Tony. What are you pursuing a Master's in? I am close to an MBA as well as an MA in Finance. However, I decided that wasn't for me and went ahead with enlisting. I will consider going back later but will probably go for something more "job related" such as history or international studies.

Manstein
03-24-2005, 23:49
For those of you currently serving in the Armed Forces, or have served in the past, thank you.

My name is Ryan and I am currently a Junior in College. I attend a small school in south western Pennsylvania called Waynesburg College.

My Father was in the Army Rangers (3RB) for 20 years, and is a Gulf War Veteran. He graduated from Virginia Military Institute in 1972, and retired at the rank of Major in 1992. Maj. Robert A. Murray III

I am contemplating enlisting after I graduate. I will mostly lurk on this message board because of the good information offered.

Doc
03-25-2005, 21:03
Welcome aboard Gentlemen!

Make sure you have filled out your profiles and read all of the stickies located at the top of the posts.

Doc

Jack Army
03-25-2005, 21:39
Howdy,

checking in, invited by Brewmaster after he found my blog (Jack Army (http://gojackarmy.blogspot.com)).

formerly an 11M, then 18B in 10th Group, now exiled to Recruiting Command.

alphamale
03-26-2005, 00:38
Jack Army,

Cool poster!

FrontSight

REMFlt
03-26-2005, 11:56
Hey all, Name is andrew. commissioned through the Early Commissioning Program, served as an infantry officer in the National Guard for 2.5 years. When i re-accessed for active duty, I was given Ordnance. I'll be headed down to Campbell in september after Ordnance OBC. This doesn't make much of a difference to me, as my ultimate goal is to go Special Forces, and I look forward to helping out infantry units by making sure they get good service support.

Jack Army
03-26-2005, 20:10
Jack Army,

Cool poster!

FrontSight

Thanks! I'm trying to post about SF, the Army and things in general that interest me. If anyone has any ideas for posts, let me know.

Roguish Lawyer
03-27-2005, 07:08
Welcome Jack.

The Reaper
03-27-2005, 08:37
Thanks! I'm trying to post about SF, the Army and things in general that interest me. If anyone has any ideas for posts, let me know.

18X program, Rep 63 program, medical waivers, pre-reqs, etc. are always popular.

TR

jasonglh
03-27-2005, 19:20
Evening all, I'm Jason age 33, I am currently in 2nd semester of a 2 year RN program. I was an EMT working the street for 7 years at an ALS service before my lumbar spine turned into train derailment.

My father and stepfather were both Army and served in Vietnam. I was unable to enlist due to asthma but have much respect for the military. Thanks to all of you who have served or are serving and for providing this forum full of info.

I frequent a number of message boards under the same username. Mostly I just wanted to let you know theres a mostly harmless lurker in the AO.

I will be over in the corner with my bedpan should anyone need me.

Pug
03-27-2005, 21:29
The world needs those that are courageous enough to help save lives as much as it needs soldiers to defend them. Thank you for your service.

Henci
03-28-2005, 01:45
Hi Members!

I am a recon soldiers from Hungary who is currently under a medic training.

jon448
03-30-2005, 17:07
Hi everyone I just joined today and I figured I'd introduce my self.
I'm Jon as you can probably tell from my screenname. I'm 22, finishing up my junior year at a small engineering school in Worcester, MA. I was at the Coast Guard Academy for a year and a half before I realized I needed to grow up alot, before I commit to a career where I need to lead people.
I found the site from google while I was killing time in a lab. I'm planning on signing an 18x DEP contract within the next few months once I'm within a year of graduation. I've done my fair share of research and reading but if I say something stupid that offends anyone I apologize in advance. I don't really plan on posting all that much considering I won't have too much to contribute but I'll probably be lurking around during my free time. Thanks
Jon

lksteve
03-30-2005, 18:44
I was at the Coast Guard Academy for a year and a half before I realized I needed to grow up alot, before I commit to a career where I need to lead people....I'm planning on signing an 18x DEP contract within the next few months once I'm within a year of graduation.

these two statements are grossly inconsistent...you'd better be ready to lead people when you embark on a journey toward SF qualification or you will be toast...

MilitantMedic
03-30-2005, 18:44
My name is Bruce, currently deployed for OEF-V as a 91W1O, 25th ID(L).

Bill Harsey
03-30-2005, 19:00
Hi Members!

I am a recon soldiers from Hungary who is currently under a medic training.
Welcome aboard here at ProfessionalSoldiers.com, Sir.

Bill Harsey
03-30-2005, 19:01
My name is Bruce, currently deployed for OEF-V as a 91W1O, 25th ID(L).
Militant Medic...hmmmm I'm detecting a pattern here.

Kyobanim
03-30-2005, 19:04
Welcome all

jon448
03-30-2005, 19:06
these two statements are grossly inconsistent...you'd better be ready to lead people when you embark on a journey toward SF qualification or you will be toast...

Sorry... what I meant was that the Academy was not the place for me to mature and I realized I'd needed to. Thats why I left, I needed to do some growing up before being put into a military setting. And I feel that I have grown alot over the past 2 years.

stone
04-03-2005, 19:18
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I live in Maryland and am currently looking into the REP63 program for the 20th group. Greatly appreciate the opportunity to read and learn from the professionals. Thanks.

soulsedition
04-06-2005, 09:25
Hello everyone, My name is Steve age 22. Currently a 91w10, prior service Tanker. Became enamored with the green berets as a child, thanks to john wayne. Joined the service in 01, served in ft. riley/iraq. After working/speaking with some of the men from 5th group while in the sandbox, i realized i had a long way to go to be ready for SFAS, so i've been training ever since. If i post anything on here that seems irreverent or offensive, i apologize.

Surgicalcric
04-06-2005, 09:59
...Currently a 91w10, prior service Tanker.

Well atleast you are moving in the right direction.

Welcome to PS.com.

Crip

lksteve
04-06-2005, 10:02
If i post anything on here that seems irreverent or offensive, i apologize.
read the stickies, use the search function, exhaust the sources you have at hand before asking questions that have already been answered and you'll get along fine...welcome to the board, good luck on your journey...look out for NDD, however...

Gypsy
04-06-2005, 11:10
...look out for NDD, however...

Especially since he didn't capitalize "John Wayne", :eek: though I think he prefers college dudes.

Welcome, and thank you for your service to our Country.

KClapp
04-06-2005, 11:12
Just a bit of introduction here, gentlemen. Most of my background can be gleaned from my profile. I would like to say thank you to the SF community for their time, effort, and finances in setting up this site. I do consider it a distinct honor and privilege to be authorized access. I will now take the opportunity provided to wander the halls a bit and soak in the shared experiences and wisdom of veteran soldiers. Again, my thanks.

Drive on warriors!
Karl Clapp
CPT SC
USA Retired

mcgrubbs
04-10-2005, 12:19
Intro:

I am a young, dumb civilian. I do not play Airsoft. My guns actually have lead that comes out the barrel. I am a bit of a gear geek, but I don't believe that any civilian should recieve something until all of the Mil and LE orders have been filled.

I have been fortunate enough to spend countless hours on ranges with very dedicated and motivated individuals. I have learned from what I consider some of the absolute best shooters and instructors to be found.

Some people work on cars, or go fishing. I shoot.

NousDefionsDoc
04-10-2005, 12:26
Welcome aboard. McGrubbs is a known quantity at LF.

Welcome aboard KClapp, souldsedition, stone and anybody I missed.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
04-10-2005, 13:44
Welcome aboard all.

FrankDarko
04-11-2005, 22:39
Greetings All,

I am not-so-new to this forum, as I've been reading it for a few months now. However, having finally registered and having nothing to contribute to the on-going discourse I would like to humbly thank those contributors whose knowledge and wisdom was both enlightening and inspiring.

Thank you, sirs.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
04-12-2005, 04:48
Welcome aboard FrankDarko.

Cincinnatus
04-12-2005, 20:51
Welcome All. Monty, good to "see" you here.

Milam
04-12-2005, 23:24
My apoligies for not paying attention to detail. I have been informed of my transgressions and will abide by the rules. I in no way wanted to get off on the wrong foot. Please accept my apoligy and allow me to maintain in this great website and forums.

(with that being said)

My name is J. Milam and I am 29 y/o. I have a wife and 3 kids. 13, 9 and 5. I love anything military and see that I can gain very valuable knowledge from this group.

I look forward to getting to know each and every member (willing) on this forum/website and appreciate all you do for our great nation. I am also intrigued about the SF group as a whole.

Thank you.

Sacamuelas
04-12-2005, 23:31
Welcome J.

stone
04-13-2005, 05:40
Welcome aboard. McGrubbs is a known quantity at LF.

Welcome aboard KClapp, souldsedition, stone and anybody I missed.

Thank you, glad to be here.

abc_123
04-13-2005, 06:26
checking in.

profile is filled out. realized that i was ass-backward and posted w/o saying hi first. sorry for the bad form.

i've lurked here off and on since you started this board.. thanks for creating a great atmosphere here.

BTAR

Milam
04-13-2005, 07:18
Welcome J.

Thanks man, I appreciate your help! :)

Goose
04-13-2005, 13:07
Howdy everyone,

A little bit about me, I'm Shane "Goose" Lumpkins from Fayetteville, NC (Many of you undoubtedly shuddered or cheered at the mention of Fayetteville). I'm a 19 y/o (20 this month, in about 2 weeks) college student at UNC. I just recently got out of ROTC for lack of desire to be an officer. After college, I would like to enlist and serve in a SF Group. This isn't just my goal, it's my dream, my ambition, and I want it more than anything. ROTC sent me to jump school this past summer, and I earned my wings. I'm a public relations major and I have a general interest in the Army and military history, I do Revolutionary War re-enacting with my father. My Grandfather served for over 10 years in the SF and was in Vietnam and served as his Team SGT. If anyone has any information about Kham Duc please contact me, I have not been able to find anything about it through research, but my Grandpa has talked a little about it, but not much. Other than that, it's great to meet everyone and I'll enjoy speaking with you guys. Airborne.

Roguish Lawyer
04-13-2005, 13:10
Welcome Goose.

Weazle23
04-13-2005, 14:02
...from Fayetteville, NC (Many of you undoubtedly shuddered or cheered at the mention of Fayetteville).
or had mixed reactions, lol.

... ROTC sent me to jump school this past summer, and I earned my wings... Airborne.

There were a lot of ROTC civies when I was there last summer. Don't worry, I shoudn't judge you by my impression of them.

Welcome Airborne.

CPTAUSRET
04-13-2005, 14:02
Welcome, everyone!!

Terry

Charlie765
04-13-2005, 18:49
Intro'd myself under the 7th Group page. Thought I'd do so here as well. Some of you already know me. Hello TR and CRad.
For those that don't I spent my time in 7th, 1st SOCOM, SWC and JOTC.
I like guns, knives and long paddles in the moonlight. I don't like sun, sand and no see ums. I won't post often, as I usually don't have much to say. I've been out of the business for a long time, but I still enjoy keeping up with what's going on.

Charles (Chuck) Carter

The Reaper
04-13-2005, 19:03
Welcome Chuck!

Did you not see the breadcrumbs leading here till now?

TR

Team Sergeant
04-13-2005, 19:07
Welcome aboard Chuck, (even though you're from 7th Gp ;) )

TS

CPTAUSRET
04-13-2005, 19:45
Welcome aboard, Chuck.

Terry

Jack Moroney (RIP)
04-14-2005, 04:37
Welcome Chuck.

CRad
04-14-2005, 07:33
Intro'd myself under the 7th Group page. Thought I'd do so here as well. Some of you already know me. Hello TR and CRad.

Hey Chuck, Good to see you.

rourke03
04-16-2005, 06:42
Hello all. I'm in the Navy now and hope to cross over to the green side ASAP. Hope to try out for an NG unit. Thanks for all that you've done and for taking the time to put together a site as informative as this one. It is greatly appreciated. Take care of yourselves.

esbelch32
04-17-2005, 05:23
Hello folks. I found this site thru Sneaky SF Dude's sigline. I'm an average guy/11B, prior service (90-93) and currently active (99-now).

thanks.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
04-17-2005, 05:26
Welcome aboard.

lksteve
04-17-2005, 08:26
I'm an average guy/11B, prior service (90-93) and currently active (99-now).

looks like you've had some time in the 101st...welcome...

Doc
04-17-2005, 09:21
Welcome aboard everyone!

Doc

Trip_Wire (RIP)
04-17-2005, 12:41
Welcome Aboard Everybody! :D

J15
04-22-2005, 09:38
Hi y'all. I'm just here to listen and pick up all that I can. I'm 25 and deciding which direction I want to take in the military. I will either be taking a UPT slot with the Air Force or an 18x contract with the Army. I have strong family backgrounds on both sides (Pararescue/JSOC and several pilots), so I'd like to think I have some idea of what I'd be getting into both ways. I don't want to write a life story here, so if anyone has any questions or thoughts please feel free to send me a PM. The tough part is that I really have no idea which direction I will take. So, I will continue to take in all the information I can until July and decision time comes. I would like to thank Professionalsoldiers.com and everyone contributing to this board for creating this valuable resource.

My best to everyone

mz73t
04-22-2005, 10:05
Greetings.

I'm a civil affairs reserve soldier, proud to be serving my country.

McNasty
04-22-2005, 12:05
Joined the Community today and have been looking around alot. Well done site guys and I'm glad to be a part of it.

Intro:
I'm a long time 1st SFG(A) 18C. The 1st Group guys out there that know me will know who I am as soon as they read the screen name. :D
I moved to the Fayetteville area a year ago and have 2 years left until I hit 20. At the moment I'm riding a desk. :boohoo
I'm unsure at this point if I'm going to retire or go back to a Team. If I hit the 8 list it's a no brainer. I joined SF with the intention of becoming a Tm SGT and if the opportunity arises, I'll definately jump all over it.

That's the abbreviated version of who I am. If the admins or mods would like a bit more info I'll be glad to oblidge.

Again, I'm glad I was made aware of this site and very happy to be a part of it.

Stay safe all,

Rich

Team Sergeant
04-22-2005, 16:13
Welcome Rich.

Team Sergeant
Former 1st SFG(A)

Jack Moroney (RIP)
04-22-2005, 19:32
Welcome Rich.

12B4S
04-23-2005, 02:11
Welcome aboard Rich.

KolB
04-23-2005, 15:34
Hey Gang,

I want to introduce myself to you all and say that I have thoroughly enjoyed this site so far. I found your page via a link from the socnetcentral.com site and did quite a lot of lurking yesterday. Much of my info is in the profile so I'll simply add that I've been qualified 5 years and I'm training for cdqc this coming May.

Lee

The Reaper
04-23-2005, 18:24
My name is William. I am an Army ROTC Cadet at Norwich University. I am a Political Science and Criminology major with a mil science and sociology minor. I am a graduate of Oak Ridge Military Academy (ORMA), in Oak Ridge, NC. I have had a strong intrest in the Army's Special Forces for much of my life. One of the instructors that i spent alot of time with while at ORMA is a retired SGM who served with the 10th, and 7th groups, and was also an instructor at JFK. My father was a staff sergeant and a ranger, and his father was with the SAS in Africa during WWII. I am pursuing an infantry commission so i may branch to SF after some time in service. I am also considering an enlistment in the 20th group with the Mass Natl Guard. I enjoy rock climbing, hiking, swimming, SCUBA diving, biking, international travel (i love Europe esp. Rome), dirt bikes and (because my dad says so) my education. I love fast paced enviroments and action. I was told i could get that and more with SF. I joined the forum to learn what i can from those who know whats going on, and mold myself into an excellent 11A, and work my way through to make myself an exceptional 18A.

So you are not SF, a CPT, or a 7th Grouper?

You might want to reconsider your user ID, stud.

TR

lksteve
04-23-2005, 19:08
My name is William...mold myself into an excellent 11A, and work my way through to make myself an exceptional 18A.

dayum...didn't know we could mold ourselves...in my case, that explains quite a bit (i've been told they broke the mold before they poured me)...

i'm not sure one should try to mold oneself...learn from others, apply the lessons learned, make mistakes, work to rectify the weakness, do push-ups, learn more, do more push-ups and keep learning...doing push-ups all the while...in my opinion, the only thing you get from molding yourself is moldy... :lifter

were i you, and i'm not...i'd get a new user name...just some friendly advice...if you haven't noticed, this board is lousy with 7th Groupers... :D

lksteve
04-23-2005, 19:11
ill think about it

another member of the high balls-to-brain-weight club...i believe we have a quorum... :munchin

KolB
04-23-2005, 19:43
ill think about it

:rolleyes:

Jack Moroney (RIP)
04-23-2005, 19:50
I am here to publicly apologize for my smart ass comment. Thanks to a private comment sent to me,

That explains the flash on the horizon about 15 miles north of my location. Welcome aboard.

Jack Moroney

The Reaper
04-23-2005, 19:54
I am here to publicly apologize for my smart ass comment. Thanks to a private comment sent to me, I have been further educated in how this forum works. It is with deepest sincerity that I apologize both to the officer disrespected, as well as anyone else I offended. I joined the forum to read and learn from what other members have to say, and i plan on staying true to my word.

I think you need to take about 30 days to read the stickies and introduction threads, check the attitude, and get a great big cup of situational awareness.

Lurk for the next month, read, and do not post here anymore till then.

You might be surprised at what you can learn by reading on this site.

TR

Jolly Mon
04-24-2005, 12:45
My name is Chuck, I'm a high school senior in Annapolis, Maryland. I'll be attending The Citadel next year and I plan on participating in ROTC.

I thank you all for your service.

Go For Broke
04-25-2005, 09:07
Joined over the weekend on the recommendation of a friend, finally have time to make an introduction.
Am stuck here, back in NC, after a three year hiatus with 3/1st in Washington state - hope to get back there or at least out of this small windowless office cubicle that I am stuck in.
And chai krup, I know whom McNasty is.

Thanks again,

Jack Moroney (RIP)
04-25-2005, 14:18
Welcome aboard.

Bill Harsey
04-25-2005, 19:04
ill think about it
Oh man, I gotta quit going away, I miss all the good stuff.

Welcome aboard all, you too Probation Boy.

Kyobanim
04-25-2005, 20:02
Bill, you're just missing all the fun.

Welcome to all.

12B4S
04-25-2005, 23:10
Welcome aboard all...

NousDefionsDoc
04-26-2005, 07:59
Oh man, I gotta quit going away, I miss all the good stuff.

Welcome aboard all, you too Probation Boy.
Yeah, me too. I wish Osama Bin Mama wasn't so fond of eating and sleeping indoors.

Peregrino
04-26-2005, 08:20
Yeah, me too. I wish Osama Bin Mama wasn't so fond of eating and sleeping indoors.

RV's! It's a compromise between the wilderness places you would like to go and what Mama will put up with. I started mine out renting from MWR until she was hooked. Now I have to figure out how to get the laptop to function with a cell phone (without buying a PDA style phone) so I can work and stay in touch. To return you to the thread - Welcome all.

PB and anybody else who might have committed a Faux Pas with an inappropriate post/attitude - Lurk & Learn is an invitation (and a "sentence" with an end in sight). People we don't think have any future here get BANNED and can't come back. Behave yourself and demonstrate a desire to become a part of the community and you will be welcomed. It's all about character - you are being given the opportunity to demonstrate yours. Hide and sulk waiting for the time to pass or quit and never come back because your feelings got bruised and you've just shown us how you will react to discipline on a team. Guess where things go from there! FWIW - Peregrino

lksteve
04-26-2005, 19:27
hmmm...same here...but she keeps looking at me from time to time and asks why i don't go TDY anymore...

jmcvey78
04-27-2005, 09:07
Just introducing myself. I plan on staying as quiet as possible while doing some reading. Looks like a great site and I look forward to learning much.

I plan on enlisting under the 18x option soon.

H-rnzir
05-01-2005, 01:31
Gidday all,

10 years serving in 1 RNZIR, New Zealand army,left at start of year to pursue other avenues.

Just looking at lurking and the occasional post here and there.

Interesting to read about how others do business.

lksteve
05-01-2005, 09:14
Gidday all
Gidday yourself...an interesting side note...you were born on the day i graduated from SFQC...i just checked a calendar and it said that was a Wednesday...i guess it's right...

x95lee
05-01-2005, 14:43
I'll introduce myself also: 30 y/o, no prior service. I worked for the US Border Patrol, resigned to go to law school. I'll finish law school soon, I'm working as a prosecuting attorney, but bored to death. I was referred here by someone in another forum (usmilitary.about.com). I'm weighing the 18x enlistment option for a chance to train and serve with you guys. I hope I have the mettle - God knows I never quit when I start something. I likes the PT, but your training is beyond anything I've ever accomplished.

I won't say much more, just thanks to the administrators of this forum and to you special forces soldiers for what you post here and for what you do in your professional lives.

Sdiver
05-01-2005, 15:49
.....resigned to go to law school. I'll finish law school soon, I'm working as a prosecuting attorney....

WHAT THE !!!!

ANOTHER Lawyer !!!!

Team Sergeant, did you get a special deal from V-bulletin ???

The more Lawyers sign up on the board, you get so many months free ??

The last time I saw this many Lawyers gathered in one place, was when 3 buses crashed into each other in L.A. :rolleyes:

BTW....welcome to the boards x95

CPTAUSRET
05-01-2005, 17:07
Welcome aboard, everyone!

Terry

El Cid
05-02-2005, 13:07
G'day everyone. I just found out about this site from my good buddy Archangel. Very nice and I look forward to learning new things and meeting new folks. I'm in the Air Force currently and am stuck in a HQ staff job. Prior to this I was in the Air Force Rescue Coordinatin Center (AFRCC) here at Langley AFB. There we ran the C2 for peactime federal Search & Rescue (SAR) for the CONUS and the same for CSAR in theater. I'm now in charge of the SOF branch (CSAR is now part of SOF) at the Air Force C2 & ISR Center (how's that for a mouthful?).

Oh... and for any who frequent specialtactics.com, I am "Tomahawk" on the forums there. :)

V/R
Kevin

Archangel
05-02-2005, 13:09
G'day everyone. I just found out about this site from my good buddy Archangel. Very nice and I look forward to learning new things and meeting new folks. I'm in the Air Force currently and am stuck in a HQ staff job. Prior to this I was in the Air Force Rescue Coordinatin Center (AFRCC) here at Langley AFB. There we ran the C2 for peactime federal Search & Rescue (SAR) for the CONUS and the same for CSAR in theater. I'm now in charge of the SOF branch (CSAR is now part of SOF) at the Air Force C2 & ISR Center (how's that for a mouthful?).

Oh... and for any who frequent specialtactics.com, I am "Tomahawk" on the forums there. :)

V/R
KevinWelcome on board Major.

Team Sergeant
05-02-2005, 15:38
Team Sergeant, did you get a special deal from V-bulletin ???

Welcome aboard all.

Sdiver,
I don't rent anything but internet space, I own my V-Bulletin license. ;)

tunnelbug
05-02-2005, 22:29
Hello All. Heard of this site from the good guys at Socnet and I really like this site. Seems like it has a lot of Information, so I am looking forward to my stay.

About me......Well, Im graduating at the end of this month and I have finally decided what Im going to do. I will be enlisting Under the 18x program and hope to leave in Sept. Just got to go to meps in a couple weeks. I live in Colorado and enjoy everything about the outdoors.(Hunting, Fishing and camping etc.)

Also I would like to say thank you to all the service men and women for defending this great nation of ours.

TB

lurp
05-03-2005, 10:00
Hi

I'm a military entusiast from Norway. I work as a gunsmith and do some security work... I done my service in 02 in the 6div. armor units. (pathfinder detachment)
I have been into military gear for the last 8years, also I like hikking and hunting alot.
i'm saving up some cash so I can attend several high-risk security and bodyguard course's later 2005.. I would like to go out and see the world...
thats me:)

Must say I have found alot of very good info on this forum,keep up the good work. Thanks alot :)

-Tom

Sphiny
05-03-2005, 12:39
Hello Everyone. I am a 20 year old college student about to finish my sophomore year in college. I found this site while doing some reading on ArmyOcs.com. Thus far, I have found some great information on this site pertaining to the SF lifestyle, training, and the 18x pipeline in general. After I graduate, I am planning on entering the service, and am heavily considering the 18x route. I am working on a degree in Spanish and will have independent and immersion experience in Arabic by the time I graduate. I have no prior military experience, but I like the outdoors and I have an interest in firearms (my father is a big collector, it kinda rubs off). After serving, I hope to one day work in a government agency such as the CIA, and continue to serve my country. I guess that is me in a nutshell. It's been a pleasure thus far reading the information you guys have to give, and I'm sure I'll find more useful stuff on this board as time goes on. Good to be here.

Finn

Croaker
05-04-2005, 10:42
Hello everyone,

I'm coming over here from SOCNET. My background very quickly....spent 4 years at Florida Institute of Technology down in Melbourne, FL studying space science/chemical engineering. Decided I didn't want to be an engineer after doing some co-op work in my field and entered the Navy under the divefarer program. Missed the screen test in bootcamp (see first post) and reclassed as a corpsman and then went to advanced lab school and field med service school. Stationed with 2nd FSSG and then with 24th MSSG. I have never lost the dream of going SOF and once I left the Navy found out about the NG SF program. Have been working on my PTing and just got the POC for the 2/19th in WV and will be starting the dialogue with them to get moving through the process.

Just want to thank you guys for passing on you knowledge and wisdom to those who would aspire to join you. You guys have put up a great site.

Todd

Archangel
05-04-2005, 12:31
Welcome on board fellas. Sphiny, before you worry about your CIA retirement pension, you might want to concentrate on your 25 M target. Stay in school, study hard, do more research about what it takes to be in SF & start a regular physical training program that involves a lot of cardio.

Good luck.

jsragman
05-05-2005, 22:20
Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know I just registered the other day and plan on lurking, asking questions here and there, and just absorbing the wealth of knowledge. I really have enjoyed what I've read on the site so far and find all the insights you have offered very valuable. Thank you. As for about me, I am a Army ROTC cadet in Illinois, Engineering major, Interested in SF/IN.

Time for me to go study for finals and knock some out. :lifter

Derek

12B4S
05-06-2005, 00:47
Welcome to the site guys.

Wannakuba
05-06-2005, 13:10
Hi Everybody,
I just recently joined this site and have similar accounts under the same name on military.com and socnet where I lurk and occassionally post. I wanted to say that I've enjoyed coming to this site since discovering it last week as it is solely Special Forces and you (the members) seem to be very approachable in your demeanors.

I am a SPC, 25P1P, and will have been in the Army two years at the end of the month having served with 501st SIG CO at CP Humphreys, ROK and am presently attached to 114th SIG BN in FT Detrick, MD. I am currently slotted to attend SFAS Class 7-05 this June and am very excited about the chance to prove my mettle after having been bumped as a PFC from Selection last November. Thanks for everything.

-Guy

The Reaper
05-06-2005, 14:15
Welcome aboard all.

Those of you coming to Bragg in June, get used to heat, humidity, insects, and HEAVY vegetation.

Come strong and ready, or don't bother coming at all.

Good luck!

TR

moobob
05-06-2005, 16:57
A friend told me about this site. I currently a 19 yr old DLI student, army, never been anywhere but here and basic. I want to be be SF, but I'm young, somewhat immature (I think.) I enlisted and went to basic in `03 as a sigint type after the career counselor said he could throw on a "statement of intent for SF." I've never figured out exactly what that means (probably nothing in reality,) but thats the long term goal regardless. I suffered couple fairly serious injuries over the past 1.5 years, but I finally healed fully and now I'm just trying to finish my class here and get to where I used to be physically, and thankfully I'm getting close. My father and grandfather are both retired army, and I'm proud to be able to continue our family's service. Great site, alot of good advice to be had.

NousDefionsDoc
05-06-2005, 19:01
Welcome aboard.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
05-06-2005, 19:28
Welcome aboard all!

Team Sergeant
05-13-2005, 19:32
bump

Firebeef
05-13-2005, 20:06
hey men

just joined....and confused as f%$#!! figgers a commo geek would have trouble figgerin this sh&$ out!!! New on board. Retired Commo geek. just lurkin in the shadows, lookin for any and all 10th Groupers or anyone else who I might know. be safe.

De Opresso Libre/RLTW :lifter

Razor
05-13-2005, 20:19
Zdravo, brother! :lifter

Peregrino
05-13-2005, 20:21
hey men

just joined....and confused as f%$#!! figgers a commo geek would have trouble figgerin this sh&$ out!!! New on board. Retired Commo geek. just lurkin in the shadows, lookin for any and all 10th Groupers or anyone else who I might know. be safe.

I was wondering how long it would take for you to find the intro thread. Welcome aboard. Peregrino

12B4S
05-14-2005, 00:05
hey men

Welcome Firebeef. Alright!! Another 10th guy. Watch it though, the place is crawlin' with Red Flash types. ;) Don't worry about the confusion, I'm as computer illiterate as they come and at least figured out some of the easier, basic functions. Actually, this site is so well designed, even I can manage to use most of it's features. :eek:

Jack Moroney (RIP)
05-14-2005, 04:56
Welcome aboard Firebeef.

lksteve
05-14-2005, 09:18
just lurkin in the shadows, lookin for any and all 10th Groupers or anyone else who I might know.

don't know that i know you, but welcome...Greality...must be scenic Weld County...the question begs, upwind or downwind?

CoLawman
05-14-2005, 14:04
don't know that i know you, but welcome...Greality...must be scenic Weld County...the question begs, upwind or downwind?

Doug, tell him that Greeley no longer stinks! (much) lksteve, you must have some experience with Greeley, our odor is a well kept secret. UNC grad maybe?
Keith

lksteve
05-14-2005, 14:47
Doug, tell him that Greeley no longer stinks! (much) lksteve, you must have some experience with Greeley, our odor is a well kept secret. UNC grad maybe?
Keith
before i enlisted in '71, i cowboyed up on South Park with an outfit out of CSprings...(the family also owned the Pepsi plant down there)...we shipped to Greeley...after my three years in the World's Largest Street Gang (aka the 82nd Abn Div), i joined the 5th Bn., 19th SF...we had a DZ downwind of Monfort's cozy little feedlot...

nope, didn't go to school at UNC (it was Colo. State College, back in the day)...my wife graduated from Adams State, i finished elsewhere...one son went to CSU for awhile...

CoLawman
05-14-2005, 23:55
Unable to translate what you mean about being in Greeley with the 19th. Was there a BN of the 19th SF in Greeley in the early to middle 70's? I know that in the 70's part of the Colorado Guard joined the 19th but I thought they moved to Draper. Would appreciate it if you would clear that up for me. Interesting piece of history!

South Park what a beautiful place to Cowboy! Monforts sold to Conagra then Conagra sold to Swift. City imposed an odor ordnance that really has improved our air. But the feedlots still reak with a stiff wind out of the east.

Take Care

lksteve
05-15-2005, 10:54
Unable to translate what you mean about being in Greeley with the 19th. Was there a BN of the 19th SF in Greeley in the early to middle 70's?
the battalion HQ was at Buckley in the mid 70s (it moved to George West later, i've been told)...we had a drop zone or two in Weld County, one of them real near the feedlots...in the 70s, A Company and HHD of 5th Bn were at Buckley, B Company was in Pueblo and C Company was in Montana, along with 6th Bn...

we had one drop zone in Stasborg, one near Fort Collins, one near Greeley, B Company had Siloam DZ in the Wet Valley, we all used Sullivan Park at Carson and beyond that, we used the one at Camp Williams in Utah for AT...i was only there two years, so my specific knowledge is a little weak....

NousDefionsDoc
05-15-2005, 16:34
Hi y'all. I'm just here to listen and pick up all that I can. I'm 25 and deciding which direction I want to take in the military. I will either be taking a UPT slot with the Air Force or an 18x contract with the Army. I have strong family backgrounds on both sides (Pararescue/JSOC and several pilots), so I'd like to think I have some idea of what I'd be getting into both ways. I don't want to write a life story here, so if anyone has any questions or thoughts please feel free to send me a PM. The tough part is that I really have no idea which direction I will take. So, I will continue to take in all the information I can until July and decision time comes. I would like to thank Professionalsoldiers.com and everyone contributing to this board for creating this valuable resource.

My best to everyone
Since you are neither in the AF nor a Special Operations Medic, what would you like your new user name to be? If you can't think of anything, I will be happy to choose one for you upon my return from the airport.

NousDefionsDoc
05-15-2005, 20:45
I'm back from the airport...

The Reaper
05-15-2005, 21:02
I'm back from the airport...

Santa Fe?

TR

NousDefionsDoc
05-15-2005, 21:12
El Dorado

engroda716
05-16-2005, 01:25
Hello all. Dave here ODA716. 18C. New to the site. Deployed with internet connection so just surfing on my down time.

Roguish Lawyer
05-16-2005, 01:36
Hello all. Dave here ODA716. 18C. New to the site. Deployed with internet connection so just surfing on my down time.

Welcome!

Cosmic Trigger
05-16-2005, 15:42
Hey everyone. Figured I'd get around to introducing myself. I'm with A/3/20thSFG out of Ocala, Fl. Just hanging out in Raleigh, doing as much stuff with the guard as possible, waiting for the dust to settle in the contractor world before hopefully heading back downrange.

12B4S
05-18-2005, 01:49
Welcome.............

Griv
05-19-2005, 11:19
Hello everyone. Been lurking around for a while and finally registered. Im about to start my adventure in the Army - hopefully landing the 18Xray contract - Going to my first MEPS this saturday. Im a new dad and a new husband, and about to be a new soldier! So this is definitely an exciting time in my life. Hope to learn alot - already have alot of new outlooks thanks to you guys! - and will def. attribute to any conversation in which i believe would hold good opinion.

Ranger7
05-20-2005, 08:54
Heya, just jumped in here and am posting a question under the SF Questions page. It's the 18A one.

I am prior service with 5 years at 1/75 way back when (87-92), and am just here lurking around, and maybe running into some old friends.

Sua Sponte,
Kevin

Weazle23
05-20-2005, 10:52
Welcome, to both of you.

bhealy
05-20-2005, 12:19
Hello all. Brian Healy here joining this forum/site to do some research. I love what you guys have put together and intend on showing my grandfather, Maj Gen Michael D Healy, retired leader of 5thSF and assistant commander of 82nd back in his day (The Nam). Probably won't be posting too many questoins as I have found answers to any questions i've had within these pages. Thanks from me and my grandfather (Iron Mike - the Mike Force). The Reaper, nice pic of John Wayne in the GB (Col Kirby = Healy i believe). Take it easy.

Brian Healy

Go For Broke
05-20-2005, 12:26
Welcome all

Griv
05-21-2005, 17:37
Just got back from MEPS, finally DEP'd and awaiting shipout June 9th. Did get 18X and cant wait to get underway in OSUT! HOOAH! :lifter :lifter

bhealy
05-21-2005, 19:10
Congratulations buddy. Good luck!

pulque
05-21-2005, 20:07
Hey everyone. Figured I'd get around to introducing myself. I'm with A/3/20thSFG out of Ocala, Fl. Just hanging out in Raleigh, doing as much stuff with the guard as possible, waiting for the dust to settle in the contractor world before hopefully heading back downrange.

Welcome Cosmic Trigger.

& Hail Eris ;)

Tubbs
05-22-2005, 19:36
Hi, I am new to this forum (and forums in general) so I thought I'd take the time to introduce myself.
I am a former Marine (0311) and currently I live in MT and work as a rehab tech at a group home for addicted teens. I am considering going back in to be a Green Beret. I have some reservations though.
First I am not an athlete. I am in shape but I have to fight for it. It looks like most of you Special Forces guys are naturals.
Secondly I've noticed that most of you seem to be older. I'm 22 and I've been out less than a year. Should I be looking at this right now, or should I wait and gain some more life experinece before attempting this?
Anyways, I hope to be a positive contributor to this site and to get some info to make an informed descision. Thanks for having me onboard.

lksteve
05-22-2005, 19:43
I am considering going back in to be a Green Beret. I have some reservations though.
speaking only for myself, i was a soldier, not a hat...you should not aspire to be a headgear also worn by Girl Scouts...
First I am not an athlete. I am in shape but I have to fight for it. It looks like most of you Special Forces guys are naturals. 5'8", 140 pounds when i started the Q Course...actually, spent most of my A-team time at that weight...imagine a 75 pound rucksack, full LCE, a weapon with container and a main and reserve parachute attached to a 140 pound body...oh, yeah, it's great to be a natural...you have to run what you brung in SF training and in SF service...
Secondly I've noticed that most of you seem to be older. I'm 22 and I've been out less than a year. Should I be looking at this right now, or should I wait and gain some more life experinece before attempting this? i was 23 years old when i went through SFQC...you are old enough...the question begs, are you mature enough? good luck...it's a hard road, but i found it worthwhile...

Tubbs
05-22-2005, 20:05
[QUOTE=lksteve]speaking only for myself, i was a soldier, not a hat...you should not aspire to be a headgear also worn by Girl Scouts...
[QUOTE]

Wasn't sure how you guys like to be addressed. God forbid you get around some people and say ex-marine...
Anyways, I'll always be a Marine regardless of where I serve be it military or civilian. SF, Special Forces, Green Berets, you'll have to forgive me for the lingo errors.
The girl Scouts are at the top of the cookie game though...

lksteve
05-22-2005, 20:18
Wasn't sure how you guys like to be addressed. God forbid you get around some people and say ex-marine...
read this...
http://teamhouse.tni.net/Info/Essay/sf.htm

The girl Scouts are at the top of the cookie game though...
only because we let them stay there... :D

Tubbs
05-22-2005, 20:22
thank you

Griv
05-22-2005, 20:51
Awesome essay. Time to :lifter after reading something like that. :[]

lksteve
05-22-2005, 20:54
Awesome essay. Time to :lifter after reading something like that. :[]i wish every young man entering the pipeline could listen to the late CSM talk about the emotions and the thought he put into that essay...it won the Jefferson Award for Military Journalism in 1975...Bill Edge (RIP) retired from the Army a few days after i finished SFQC...i wish i could have served under him, but i was blessed to know him as a friend before he passed...

ghostinashell
05-23-2005, 00:43
Very insightful essay thanks for posting that.

Abu Jack
05-25-2005, 04:45
I've been checking this site out awhile but never registered. I was reading the thread about Worst WETs and lo and behold there was a reply about the same wet that was my worst wet. So here I am. I really enjoy the site. Good job with the site. Currently in Iraq with the boys and have about a week or two left(depending on aircraft).

Abu Jack out

quantum nerd
05-25-2005, 07:50
Hi everyone, im new here (obviously) I'm not actually in the armed forces (im 13, so they wont let me join :( ) I've always really liked the SF, so when i saw there was a forum for it i jumped 10 feet in the air (not literally) Anyway i probably wont be posting a lot, I'm mostly here to suck up info...so i shouldnt be TOO annoying to you guys.