PDA

View Full Version : Introductions I I- Your first post on this board goes here. (CLOSED)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

CPTAUSRET
06-04-2006, 07:24
Hi men:
Served with 1SFG Okinawa 63-64 with B-430 at SWCD/TA as commo sgt. HALO/UDT. Got out after one hitch when I couldn't get to DLI. Just retired from a career in emergency management/homeland security. First time I've tried to reconnect. Its been a long time. Living on the Maine coast near Canadian border. Any 051/E18s out there active in ham radio?
Lobstah

Lobstah:

Did you know a D P Harris in Oki? Would have been E-5 or E6 at the time.

Terry

aestreet
06-04-2006, 13:10
I just wanted to thank not only the site, but everyone for letting me be a guest here until I really deserve to be a member. I have read some great stories, seen some great gear concepts, and look forward to learning from all the experience here. Again, this is such a great resource, and just overall place to find like-minded people with a true Warrior Mindset.

codepoet
06-04-2006, 14:50
I've decided to stop my lurking and make my first post.
I'm just a lowly como leg out of Fort Hood. I've droped my volunteer packet for class 08-06, just waiting for my unit to tell me no offically so that I can begin fighting them (it seems inevitable at this point). My unit seems bent on keeping me.
I just wanted to let every one know how much I appreciate the information provided by the knowlegable members of this forum.

MRF54
06-04-2006, 15:39
Hello all,
This is the first time I have ever done two things:
1. Joined a forum
2. Posted on a forum

I have always preferred to lurk but for some reason I feel compelled (not an impulsive decision) to join this site. I have lurked on this site occasionally and have been impressed with the posts and the moderators - Thanks to all for keeping it professional.

I am pretty much a nobody, but during a phase of my life I had the privilege of graduating the Q course and being on an ODA (actually several, some better than others, LOL). I love SF - I think it is one of the greatest (if not 'the greatest') institutions the USG ever created.

I look forward to participating now instead of just lurking.

-MRF54

Bill Harsey
06-04-2006, 16:53
Hello all,
1. Joined a forum
2. Posted on a forum

I have always preferred to lurk but for some reason I feel compelled (not an impulsive decision) to join this site. I have lurked on this site occasionally and have been impressed with the posts and the moderators - Thanks to all for keeping it professional.

I am pretty much a nobody, but during a phase of my life I had the privilege of graduating the Q course and being on an ODA (actually several, some better than others, LOL). I love SF - I think it is one of the greatest (if not 'the greatest') institutions the USG ever created.

-MRF54
Welcome aboard Sir.

Team Sergeant
06-04-2006, 19:02
Hello all,
1. Joined a forum
2. Posted on a forum

-MRF54

You do realize thats 2 cases of beer:rolleyes:

Welcome aboard!

TS

Warrior-Mentor
06-04-2006, 21:34
Hello all,
1. Joined a forum
2. Posted on a forum

-MRF54

Welcome aboard.

What team were you on? What's the Company you are a CEO of?
Just curious...

Pete
06-05-2006, 04:21
......I am pretty much a nobody, but during a phase of my life I had the privilege of graduating the Q course and being on an ODA (actually several, some better than others, LOL)......-MRF54

1990? Remember who your Sr TAC was? Company:D ?

Pete

BBG
06-05-2006, 09:10
Thanks to PS.com for allowing me to join your ranks. I'm an 18C in 7th SFG and stumbled onto this site when I googled a departed friend. I have a few hobbies that I enjoy mainly by teaching my sons (I have three and one on the way). They include shooting and customizing our Mustang GT. More recently we bought an '85 Fiero SE beater that we plan on restoring and maybe building a race car out of. We live on a farm so we enjoy a ton of freedoms that we wouldn't in town, ie. shooting and hunting. I look forward to spending time here with you all learning and participating in discussions. Thanks again for your hospitality.

MRF54
06-05-2006, 12:34
>>You do realize thats 2 cases of beer:rolleyes<<

TS - No problem, I'll be sure to think of you when I crack one open... LOL. However, if we ever cross paths I will make good.

W-M - At the moment, I'd rather not say. I'm too new to this and have reservations about that kind of information being public, but thanks for asking. Maybe in the future but not right now.

Pete - My senior Tac in phase1 was SFC Fox, my 1stSgt in E-Co/SWC was Joe Alfonso (I was his red-headed step child). My aimc/ph2 tac's were 'Care Bear', Golab and Becker (Becker was a SGM in 3rdSFG last I heard). A few of my classmates were Clint Bearden (5thSFG and is now a PA-C), Seaux Larrue (5th and now 10th SFG), E. Nunes (got out), J. Stubbs (retired), and J. Moye (some type of SGM at SOCOM these days).

Pete
06-05-2006, 13:06
>>... my 1stSgt in E-Co/SWC was Joe Alfonso (I was his red-headed step child).

Good ol' Joe. Co E was B before it became E. C became D for heaven knows what reason.

That whole area of buildings is gone. Just memories remain. Student TACs from the late 80s/early 90s seem to have done well in the CSM area. I've seen a few in the paper and on the news.

Pete

MRF54
06-05-2006, 17:34
Pete,
I was in Bco when 1stSgt Peterson (I think that's right) was there. I think Joe was the ph1 NCOIC when I showed up to SFOT then came over and became 1st SGT for the echo's.

Joe was one of the best NCO's I have ever had the privilige to serve under/work for. He had a 'talk' with me the morning after the Regimental Supper that is etched in my memory - it started with me at Parade rest... I have had to give that same talk numerous times to new guys or non-quals trying to join up. I don't think Joe ever realized the positive impact he had on me professionally or personally while I was in his care!

Pete
06-05-2006, 19:23
Pete,
I was in Bco when 1stSgt Peterson (I think that's right) was there.

First Sergeants around January 1990 and prior to the reorganization into MOS Companies were Co A 1SG Holloway, Co B 1SG Alfonso, Co C 1SG Peterson, Co D 1SG Hodge and Co E SGM Hobson.

HHC was SGM Bingo and the Battalion SGM was SGM Freedman (RIP).

It was an interesting time to be there. Moving into the Group formation and then changing into the MOS companies, all while maintaining student training.

Pete

Jack Moroney (RIP)
06-05-2006, 19:28
First Sergeants around January 1990 and prior to the reorganization

It was an interesting time to be there. Moving into the Group formation and then changing into the MOS companies, all while maintaining student training.

Pete

Yes it was, and you all did an outstanding job pulling it off. Thanks.

MRF54
06-05-2006, 19:56
When was Joe at ph1?
Didn't Attzs (spelling?), the big guy from Barbados, take over E-co when Joe went to 3rd grp?

jessipo1
06-06-2006, 20:48
Thank you for letting me join your forum. It looks really interesting. I am a civilian, not personally involved in any branch of the armed forces, per se.

I have a high level of personal interest in special forces/special ops, intel/recon, terrorism/insurgencies, guerrilla warfare and paramilitia, strategy/tactics, weapons, operations, to mention a few. To be honest, I'm a Military channel/History channel junkie and watch anything I can find on special forces, (but don't like it when the stories aren't acurate like in most of the hollywood movies, fictitious books), wars, training, etc. I would like to learn more from you about special forces, & the lifestyle, and thank you for allowing me that opportunity.

I do not believe I will be posting much, but I thought I should introduce myself anyway. And I wanted to take a moment to say thank you for all of the fascinating and well thought-out material here.

PS.
After spending some more time reading the posts from this group and looking at all of your impressive credentials and skills, I feel more comfortable now letting you know a little more about me. I'm usually very reticent to even tell as much as I did above to anyone, especially online, so please forgive me if I was too vague before. Also, I had to check with my bro about what I can and can't say about him, here, because I don't want to give out the wrong sort of information, but he said as long as I don't use his name or give out detailed info about him (which I'd be hard pressed to do these days, anyway, I think), that it's ok to talk in generalities. Plus, he doesn't tell me specifics about his missions, (but not cuz he doesn't trust me). He's just not allowed to and truth be told, I don't really wnat to know. I mean, I'm curious, but I wouldn't want to accidentally say the wrong thing to the wrong person, know what I mean? However, I'm very aware of the importance of keeping confidential info confidential, because I've worked in several arena's in the past where it was important that I do that, yeah?

I am a woman, over 20, living with my family in CA. I love to read, write and listen to music. The only kind I don't really like is Country-Western and gangsta rap. I have a wide variety of interests and like to research subjects that interest me. I'm pretty laid back, have a sense of humour (watch out, I'm French and I love Jerry Lewis movies). Though I'm usually kind of shy at first when I meet someone, I do warm up pretty quickly and try to get along with most everyone. I am opinionated, but I do keep an open mind and am not set in my ways, by any means. The older I get, the more I realize there's so much more I want to learn about, you know?

So, why am I interested in joining this fascinating group? I really had to think about this today, because I knew it wasn't an easy/simple thing to explain, yeah? But, I'll try:

My brother was in the special forces and was discharged recently with a purple heart. He was deployed in the ME. Don't know exactly where, of course, but I could probably make some pretty educated guesses from pictures and info. However, I won't. lol I think if he could have, if he wasn't injured the way he was out there, he would've stayed in it forever and I have a great respect and deep admiration for him in addition to how much I love him. So, my knowledge of the military and special forces is a bit narrow, because it comes only from questions I ask of him and what I've read and seen on TV (military channel is one of my faves). I don't like to ask him about much, because he's done two or maybe even three, (can't remember now!), combat tours and doesn't like to talk about the things he did/had to do out there. I don't blame him and am not one to push a sensitive issue. Still, he's very generous and has been helping me with a novel I'm writing in which a character is (sorta like him) quite adventurous and a member of an SF-type unit. So, obviously, I think my bro is a very cool guy and he's one of my heros.

I'd like to understand him better, now that he's a man and has had these experiences and I think that has something to do with my interest in the SF and reason for wanting to be here specifically, but also, my late husband was in the military before he died. He was in the Gulf War. So strange, heh. I think I'll have to get out there one day to find out what's so special about this place that keeps stealing the men in my life away, yeah? :) But, I can't remember now what branch or rank, etc., because he died just a couple weeks after we were married and that was quite a long time ago, now. I think I sorta blocked it out. So, maybe this interest has something to do with that, too. I dunno.

My other brother was a marine during a time when we weren't in conflict and was also honorably dc'd after he'd completed his service. He loved it. Well, I guess they all did, yeah?

I wanted to sign up for the marines, but found out I was pregnant when I got a physical the week before enlisting. lol What timing! Grr. So, that was that. lol But, I think I would've hated it. I'm terrible with directions and maps. I get lost so easily. I probably would've ended up in the enemy's camp the first day I was deployed anywhere. lol

I do have some questions, but usually I can research and find the answers I need, so like I said above, I probably won't post alot. there is one question I have that I can't seem to find an answer for, yet, but I haven't searched this site, so after I do, if I still can't find it, then I'll ask, because I've spent alot of time looking for the answer already (months).

Ok, so that's my intro and probably the most you'll ever see me write here, probably. Sorry it's so long, but I didn't want to leave it vague, like it was before, now that I've seen some examples and understand a bit more what you might want to know about me for when I ask a question. You'll be able to see that I'm just a person who is curious/very interested and doesn't have alot of knowledge in this area, yet. I hope to change that, though.

If I missed something or didn't give enough of the right info, please, feel free to ask/tell me what you're looking for. This is my first time posting an intro on any forum, lol, and as I said, I'm really not used to talking about myself. Usually I make jokes if I have to do that, but in deference to NDD who wants this to be "a serious site for serious professionals", (see, I did read some stickies, but I did find out there are even MORE of them than the ones I read before, lol), I tried to behave myself. How'd I do, eh?

NousDefionsDoc
06-06-2006, 20:56
jessepo,

If you have truly read all the stickies, etc. Re-read your intro and take another look at your profile and ask youself, "Is what I have written in keeping with the spirit of PS.com? Is this the way I want to be perceived on this discussion board by these people?"

cs49
06-07-2006, 13:16
I was on the site before as something else. It has been so long since i was here, that i forgot my old screen name and password, same story as before though, ex leg infantry soldier been out a couple years and still thinkin pretty hard about joining sf, I build custom cars of all capacities here in colorado, have a good one

chris

CPTAUSRET
06-07-2006, 13:26
I build custom cars of all capacities here in colorado, have a good one

chris

Got pic's?

Terry

ilots
06-07-2006, 13:45
Former Army/RC 37F. Last unit was the 345th (ABN) TPC in DFW as a Tac Det NCOIC. Current grad student & part-time (or better “sometime”) contractor.

Thanks for the opportunity to learn from others on this site; especially in regards to the UWOA forum.

Thanks again for the wealth of knowledge.

cs49
06-07-2006, 15:07
actually yeah i do have some of a truck i just did some custom vertical doors on. i'll email some to you if you like

CPTAUSRET
06-07-2006, 15:20
actually yeah i do have some of a truck i just did some custom vertical doors on. i'll email some to you if you like

You do any wrenching, engine building?

DefRev
06-07-2006, 19:09
Hello. Glad to be a new member, here. I joined up because I liked what I saw, after a professional contact and friend of mine who was already a PS member referred me to it.

I'm not a military, law enforcement, or PSC operator. I currently work as a civilian consultant/advisor in the Defense and Homeland Security fields. Technologies I am currently involved with include, but are not necessarily limited to, infantry small arms, weaponized robotics systems (UGV and UAV/UCAV), ballistic armor systems, and electro-optical systems. My primary focus is anything that will enhance infantry warfighter lethality and survivability.

I'm also a writer. As of this writing, I've written for DefenseReview.com (which I own and operate), Military.com SoldierTech, Special Operations Report (print magazine), and Guns & Ammo Combat Arms Annual 2006 (article on AA-12 Full-Auto Shotgun, featured on the cover).

I've received some professional tactical shooting instruction over the years. More recently, I was fortunate to be able to learn some Israeli anti-terrorism and counterterrorism/CQB/CQC doctrine and TTP (tactics, techniques, and procedures), as well as philosophy/mindset. The law enforcement agencies hosting the course very graciously allowed me to go through it with their SWAT units and visiting Federal LE and military personnel. The course involved live-fire and force-on-force drills, and I was the only non-Mil/LE allowed to participate.

I grew up in Chicago (city, not suburbs), and have lived in Miami, FL for a number of years.

Hopefully, I can contribute in some kind of positive way to this board.

Edited for clarity.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
06-07-2006, 19:28
I've received some professional tactical shooting .

Welcome aboard. Certainly do not have your credentials, but I have been the recipient of professional tactical shooting:D

NousDefionsDoc
06-07-2006, 19:33
I went to your website - the "about us" button doesn't work. Just thought you might like to know.

marine571
06-07-2006, 21:48
Good evening. I came across this site while conducting some research on SF. June 18 will be my EAS with the Marine Corps. I guess I am already beginning to feel a little akward about getting out so I started looking into the Army and naturally I began looking into SF.

I have not yet decided if it is an avenue that I would like to pursue yet. I am sure that this site will help me in my final decision when the time comes.

Thank you for providing a platform by which we may have our questions answered and voice some of our opinions.

NousDefionsDoc
06-07-2006, 21:51
Welcome aboard Jarhe...Marine. Damn! The TS said I had to start being nice and I almost forgot.

cs49
06-07-2006, 22:07
You do any wrenching, engine building?

mostly custom fabrication and performance related, ie custom plumbing for turbocharged/na cars, custom engine installs, performance enhancement, suspension setup and tuning, manifold design/construction, brake setup etc

CPTAUSRET
06-07-2006, 22:43
mostly custom fabrication and performance related, ie custom plumbing for turbocharged/na cars, custom engine installs, performance enhancement, suspension setup and tuning, manifold design/construction, brake setup etc

Cool!

I have been thinking about putting a 427 cu in small block in my 04 Z06, the "Warhawk" block sounds like the way to go, can take it out to 454 if desired.

Take it to PM

Tangodown_inc
06-08-2006, 15:54
My first post here. I found your site while looking for some information on the death of my friend and hero MSG Kelly Hornbeck, 3/10 SFG. I have been in the army in one form or another for 10 years now. Have served with both Regular Army and SOCOM units and returned recently from OIF III. I am currently putting that experiance to good use as a OC/T for units deploying to OIF and OEF. I normally am stationed at Ft. Lewis, but am currently on loan down at Ft. Bliss. With keeping OPSEC in mind, this could be a good place to keep up to date on enemy TTP's so we can keep our training up to date. Official lines are often slow as we all know. Anyone can contact me privately at my email address so we won't be posting anything that could lead to more soldiers being hurt.

Blue
06-08-2006, 17:12
Former 98C (EW/SIGINT analyst) at Kunia RSOC, current LE in NC, and my hobbies include being a thorn in the side of Razor.

NousDefionsDoc
06-08-2006, 20:13
I moved the conversation.
I am laughing my ass off at Brother Razor.

LINK (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=125714#post125714)

HuskerJoel
06-08-2006, 21:29
Helllo All,
Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this. I think this is "good shit" for sure.

I'm enlisted, in Army Aviation and work in the best job you could ever imagine with the best people...like we all do, or should. Yeah, I deploy alot. As a small town boy from Nebraska, that's what I wanted when I joined.

It was great day for all of us for sure...kill all of them for Allah to sort out!

QP
Joel

FlatHeaad
06-08-2006, 23:57
Hello,

Thanks for letting me join as a guest, I would like to find some of the guys I was stationed with at Mott Lake. Thanks again for allowing me to join. FlatHead

fran
06-09-2006, 13:26
Another SFAS class 6-06 selectee checking in.
18D, French. Already 3/3 in German.

Been a lurker on cool-guy boards since '98; very happy to have finally gone out and done something about it.
Excited for the road ahead.
Thanks, Admins, for a great site.

Fran

SA_Laura
06-09-2006, 19:16
HI,

My name is Laura and I found this site while doing research on a MIA.

A little about me. I was born into the Army , grew up Army, and now I do research for Operation Just Cause and I belong to A Soldiers Angel (where we lend support to soldiers who have no family or family members have turned their backs on them).

I have a son from a previous marriage. And my day job I am an auditor for a Casino.

I am an open book. Ask and I will answer any question.

Laura

Jack Moroney (RIP)
06-09-2006, 19:33
Welcome aboard all. For those of you that have not done so please fill out your profiles. It helps us tailor responses to your questions when we have a little more insight as to who you are.

NousDefionsDoc
06-09-2006, 20:03
Welcome Laura.

Bruin
06-10-2006, 18:57
Hey everyone, I just want to say thanks foremost for serving our country, but also for providing a great website full of SF information for those of us who might be interested in following in your footsteps.

I am a student at UCLA interested in the possibility of enlisting upon graduation, but in the meantime just hanging around and soaking up as much information as possible. After reading the Professional Soldiers website for the last 2 days I realize that as most of the questions I will come up with at some point have already been answered I probably won't been doing a whole lot of posting until I actually decide to take the plunge myself. However, feel free to ask me anything you might want to know about the interests I listed in my profile, these are topics I actually am knowleadgeable regarding.

Thanks, Nick

punisher6699
06-10-2006, 19:37
I'm a Supply NCO that's working at Hunter Army Airfield. I just wanted to thank all of you gentlemen for putting together this site. I know I will find all the information I need to give me a little more insight on the life of a SF Soldier. I want to join your ranks, so I'm training hard because I don't want to waste anybody's time. Any advice will be greatly welcomed. If anyone lives near Ft. Stewart and would like a training partner, let me know.

Take care and if you have any supply questions, let me know and I'll help as much as I can.

For all of you who have lived this lifestyle for many years before I began training to join, thank you. For those of you who have recently joined the ranks of the best, congradulations.

NousDefionsDoc
06-10-2006, 19:49
Welcome aboard

Doc
06-10-2006, 20:05
Welcome aboard folks!

DrMark
06-10-2006, 22:31
Thank you for the opportunity to register and participate here.

I'm a civilian, working as an Aerospace Engineer.

While I'll likely read much and post little, I thought I'd go ahead and register.

Thanks again,

Mark

jasonglh
06-10-2006, 22:56
Welcome Mark!

DrMark
06-10-2006, 23:15
Welcome Mark!

Thank you.

I remember you from bhd93.com. (Unfortunately, I haven't been there in a while.)

jmcj
06-10-2006, 23:18
Hey -

I'm in the AL ARNG, on the REP-63 program. I enlisted in Nov. but I don't leave until July 12. I just finished up my civilian job as a high school government and civics instructor with a non-profit and am looking forward to the pipeline. I'm in it for the long haul. Thanks for making all of us feel welcome.

jcmj

Tombs
06-11-2006, 00:43
Deleted by Moderator

13eme
06-11-2006, 02:43
Great resource for those having served,

Ex-British Infantry (6years) and French Foreign Legion (5 years). Time served in Northern Ireland, West Berlin, Djibouti, Somalia, Chad, Gabon and Sarajevo. Mainly as foot soldier but also with covert ops in certain locations.

Long time behind me but never forgotten. One thing that is for sure, I have never, and nor do I expect to, experienced the cammeraderie that comes as being part of a close unit outside of active service. There is an uncommon bond that joins people who are prepared to go 'that extra step' to achieve whatever needs to be achieved.

Good site, thanks for the opportunity to share.
13eme.
Legio Patria Nostra

Team Sergeant
06-11-2006, 07:01
Welcome all!

Warrior-Mentor
06-11-2006, 08:53
Welcome aboard.

Sacamuelas
06-11-2006, 09:13
Welcome ALL.

McNamara
06-11-2006, 11:33
Hello,

I am currently a Navy O-2 serving with a C-130 squadron in New Orleans (eveyone is always surprised to learn that the Navy has Hercs, but we do). I am here to learn as much as I can about your community so that I can make some informed decisions about my future. My goal is to serve in SF after I leave the Navy, and I've been researching the possibilities for about a year now. I am glad for the opportunity to interact with the other members here and look forward to the discussions.

V/r,

Scott

sfnamvet
06-11-2006, 11:48
Thanks for inviting me to join. I spent 13 years in the US Army (1963-1976) about 9 months he the 506th PIR of the 101st Airborne and the remainder of the time in various SF Groups. I was in Det A, Berlin, 5th SFG in VN, 7th and 3rd at Ft Bragg and 10th in Bad Toelz. I got out after 13 years and worked for the Government un til I retired in 1999.

John Blevins

Jack Moroney (RIP)
06-11-2006, 12:38
Welcome aboard John.

ctlist
06-11-2006, 13:20
Hello, my name is Chris. I do machine design. Am currently working for the company that makes Bradley's and has partnered with another company that makes Cougars.

This website is helpful for those of us trying to understand how we can help, if we wind up in combat situations as part of our job.

Chris

inbredyokel
06-11-2006, 18:01
Hey lads,
My name's Ken, I was in the British Army for a little under fourteen years spending pretty much all of it in commando and airborne forces.
I got out at the end of 2004 and have been plying my trade in the Middle East, but I'm starting to get on a bit, I'm not quite so sprightly as I once was, and am thinking about taking on quiet indoor work with no heavy lifting.

Team Sergeant
06-11-2006, 21:32
I'm not quite so sprightly as I once was, and am thinking about taking on quiet indoor work with no heavy lifting.

Welcome Ken.

I think you are onto something here. ;) (When you find something interesting let me know.)

TS

12B4S
06-11-2006, 22:26
Welcome guys.

John when were you at Flint?

Jason Scoggins
06-11-2006, 22:27
Glad to find this forum. My intrest in Special Forces goes back to High school. Not because of Hollywood, but a genuine intrest to be with the best. Anyone reading this forum and has the right attitude and heart for something like these men do and have done,do it. While other kids were preparing for college or wasting time, I was learning and conditioning myself for the rigors of selection. At the time you had to be prior Army, but I didn't care if it took 2 or 3 years of Service before because Special Forces meant that much. I foolishly let that oppurtunity slip by because of much worry of my family. Don't let time slip away, you may only get the chance once, so take it. It is a dangerous profession, but so are our highways driving to work everyday. Sorry to rant so long, but if there are young men searching for info on Special Forces and read this, take it to heart. These guys are the best in the world. Thanks for men like these, we can sleep peaceful in our beds, thanks.
Jason Scoggins

Nope. This ain't it hoss. Start over. NDD

12B4S
06-12-2006, 00:57
Jason. That is all well and good, but if I were you, it would be in your best interest to read the first two Forums at the top, under Welcome to Professional Soldiers by TS and fill out your profile. Consider yourself fortunate that I got here first. Then again, considering timing. I may not be the only one. Hurry!!!!!!!!!!!

ObliqueApproach
06-12-2006, 05:31
Jason. That is all well and good, but if I were you, it would be in your best interest to read the first two Forums at the top, under Welcome to Professional Soldiers by TS and fill out your profile. Consider yourself fortunate that I got here first. Then again, considering timing. I may not be the only one. Hurry!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice try 12B4S, but to late I think!:munchin

x SF med
06-12-2006, 06:07
12B -
I havent seen TS, Razor, NDD or Doc chime in with 'polite, constructive criticism', yet... although that might have4 been accomplished with a PM.

Jason- heed 12B's warning - read first, post second

Razor
06-12-2006, 08:21
He's been told nicely by 12B4S; let's see if he can listen as well as type.

Cody
06-12-2006, 20:00
Im just someone interested in the miltary. Found your site by luck yesterday and, have learned a lot already.
Keep up the good work .

Presadog
06-12-2006, 21:01
Thank for letting me post here. I was active duty 11B for four years in Germany, 2000-2004. Since I have been out I have really missed it, so I joined the reserves and am very excited to go to school in February. My ultimate goal is to be SF in the National gaurd. Then perhaps go active. When I was in Iraq my company was attached with SF. We got to work with them for few months. They were the most professional and generous group I ever got to work with in the military. Now I want in.
Welcome aboard. As you have been advised, we don't use that term around here in that context. You'll need to edit your post. Make sure you read all the warning signs. Do enjoy your stay. NDD

lksteve
06-12-2006, 21:03
My ultimate gola is to be an SF operator in the National gaurd. hmmm...when i think of an operator, i think of Lily Tomlin...:rolleyes:

CPTAUSRET
06-12-2006, 21:31
Presadog:

A little advice, "operator", is not used around here.

Special Forces Soldier works just fine.

Jason Scoggins
06-12-2006, 22:01
Found this site by research on Special Forces. I am a civil war living historian. I also like Military history. Thanks for advice. Still new to posting. Says plain as day to fill out profile first. Sorry for the mistake.
Jason Scoggins

NousDefionsDoc
06-12-2006, 22:33
Much better. Carry on, I'll be in the area all night.

12B4S
06-12-2006, 23:49
;)

CERBERUS
06-13-2006, 00:08
Hi my name is Dave. I am a wannabe of sorts and appreciate all the BTDT's posting on this forum/enlightening us ignorant outsiders. I am going to training soon at the FLETC for the USBP and I guess you could say that I am really, really planning ahead. Pretty much doing preliminary research before I get too bogged down by other things.

I am interested in finding out about opportunities to join the 19th SF group in California with a Rep 63, and how realistic it is for me. I was originally interested in 18X but have taken a different direction. There is a possibility I will be elsewhere on southern Border so I am also interested in other areas for NG. Cali. is my geographical preference though and I am confident I will get it.

Hopefully I will have the opportunity to serve in this capacity, as many of you gentlemen have (or not so gentle). I guess you could say this is my 10,000 or so meter target... and improving on Spanish is my 10 meter target.

Have a good one, Respectfully Dave

P.S. Zarqawi is being raped in hell, Inshallah...

Doc
06-13-2006, 04:13
hmmm...when i think of an operator, i think of Lily Tomlin...:rolleyes:

"Is this the number to who I am speaking?"

codepoet
06-13-2006, 06:12
I'm an army operator(25F, Network Switching Systems Operator), but I don't know how special I am. :rolleyes:
p.s. connecting calls in the field is really part of my job

x SF med
06-13-2006, 06:51
NDD-
What happened there - I'm watching for the sky to fall now, and I don't own a helmet any more.... Are you feeling alright?

lksteve
06-13-2006, 07:27
"Is this the number to who I am speaking?"that would be the one...

BamBam
06-13-2006, 08:08
One ringy dingy, two ringy dingy.............

ello
06-13-2006, 10:37
Hello,

First of all thanks for the site, there is tons of great information here. My name is Oliver I am a 10th grader (summer vacation so I will be) my goal is an 18x contract but I have realized through some browsing on these forums that older men have a greater succesion rate in SFAS so I am thining of going to college and become fluent in spanish, go to a latin american country then apply for an 18x. I really love spanish right now all though I am only in 3rd year spanish. I plan to learn as much as I can on this site. Thanks again.

~Ello

Gypsy
06-13-2006, 17:59
One ringy dingy, two ringy dingy.............

And who could forget her snorting? :D Great skit.

Welcome aboard all, to those of you who have or are serving...my sincere thanks.

Tex Tackleberry
06-13-2006, 19:09
I am a DEP in Jacksonville,Fl. I volunteer with various fire stations here and I have met many SOCM students. I was very impressed with the knowledge and personal fortitude during their "ride a long" training .I have talked with many 18D, some of you may have met me before. I have close to four months left till I ship to Ft.Bening. I am wanting to learn as much as possible any way possible.

I have researched more about this MOS then most have.My recruiter tells me I have more than enough information, though I feel as if there is never enough.I am looking for some what of a mentor to help me,but I still have the motivation with or with out.

I only have one question about this site. I live 50-80 miles from Camp Blanding,Fl home of the 3RD/20TH SFG(National Guard). I would like to run the opsticals at least once or twice a week,I would greatly appreciate it if arrangements could be made? If not that would be fine, I have a good imagination. Thank you for having me as a guest in your domain.

Doc
06-13-2006, 19:22
And who could forget her snorting? :D Great skit.

Welcome aboard all, to those of you who have or are serving...my sincere thanks.

Her snorting was classic!

:D

Doc
06-13-2006, 19:24
Welcome aboard all.

Tex,

Look around and see what's up. Someone just might be able to assist you.

Good luck.

NousDefionsDoc
06-13-2006, 22:23
NDD-
What happened there - I'm watching for the sky to fall now, and I don't own a helmet any more.... Are you feeling alright?
One must know when a subtle shift to the Matrix is sufficient and when it needs to be hammered with outrageous force....

NousDefionsDoc
06-13-2006, 22:25
Hello,

First of all thanks for the site, there is tons of great information here. My name is Oliver I am a 10th grader (summer vacation so I will be) my goal is an 18x contract but I have realized through some browsing on these forums that older men have a greater succesion rate in SFAS so I am thining of going to college and become fluent in spanish, go to a latin american country then apply for an 18x. I really love spanish right now all though I am only in 3rd year spanish. I plan to learn as much as I can on this site. Thanks again.

~Ello
Come on down here and hang out with me and kgoerz. We'll make sure you're all squared away....

ello
06-14-2006, 06:37
Come on down here and hang out with me and kgoerz. We'll make sure you're all squared away....

Umm...:confused: I'm guessing you were or are in the 7th group?

:o

x SF med
06-14-2006, 06:49
NDD - go easy on the boy, but not too easy

Pete
06-14-2006, 08:28
Umm...:confused: I'm guessing you were or are in the 7th group?

:o

Bam - never saw the truck coming.:D

Tex Tackleberry
06-14-2006, 10:20
Tex,

Look around and see what's up. Someone just might be able to assist you.

Good luck.

Thank you sir,

I will keep a sharp eye.

ObliqueApproach
06-14-2006, 12:26
NDD,

After to many Margaritas in the Sandbox, do you teach Margaritas 101 there?

Scott

MaceWindu
06-14-2006, 13:10
Gentlemen,

The name is MaceWindu and I am honored to be on this board...I am a long time shooter (since I was a young'n). Trained up on the AR and M1A platform.

I won't post a great deal as I would be out of my lane. I would rather sit back and gather in knowledge and gain from the prior experience from the men who have served, on this board.

Very interested in Tactics and Mindset. Once again, honored to be here.

Mace

jgunn77
06-14-2006, 14:07
hello,
fantastic site with loads of info....thank you for letting me be apart of it......i look foward to becoming an active member.

x SF med
06-14-2006, 14:37
jgunn- I'm going to try to beat the moderators to the punch here - please fill out your profile and read the stickies.

jgunn77
06-14-2006, 14:43
thanks for the heads up....done.

namtrah11
06-14-2006, 16:31
I am using that term loosely, for those of you that are NCO's as well, but it is still a term of respect that I was brought up to use. I am a young E-5 ( promoted in April, 06), and I especially like to point out the input I have already recieved on professionalism. Thanks.
I would like to aspire to eventually earning my own green beret, hopefully when we re-deploy. I am currently deployed with 2nd PLT C Co. 3STB 3BCT 101st ABN DIV (AASLT) to Iraq. Going SF has always been a dream of mine, and I am tired of dreaming, and feel that it is time to push myself past my own limits. I have been training hard here on my own, when I find time to train. Whether it be mid-day, or the middle of the night.
I would greatly appreciate any additional input, or advice that you may have for me. I know my current score on the DLAB is a 114, if I remember right. I would like to learn what I can of Persian-Farsi, before attending SFAS. I am currently enrolled in Rosetta Stone, and if anybody has any additional info, I would appreciate it. Thank you very much for your help in my own quest.
Nick

Team Sergeant
06-14-2006, 16:48
I would like to learn what I can of Persian-Farsi, before attending SFAS. Nick

It led to copious amounts of beer each night after class. My head still hurts. (from the Persian-Farsi, not the beer:rolleyes: )

Welcome aboard. Good luck with Persian-Farsi.

TS

Bobcat
06-14-2006, 18:19
I am an E-4 currently at Airborne School. I joined the site in February before I left for OSUT but never actually posted an intro, merely browsed. I left with a Ranger contract but toward the end of OSUT I switched it to an 18X contract. I'm looking forward to the training and am trying to take it in baby steps. Thanks for all the information that is on this website, it's been a valuable tool so far.

Doc
06-14-2006, 18:33
I am an E-4 currently at Airborne School. I joined the site in February before I left for OSUT but never actually posted an intro, merely browsed. I left with a Ranger contract but toward the end of OSUT I switched it to an 18X contract. I'm looking forward to the training and am trying to take it in baby steps. Thanks for all the information that is on this website, it's been a valuable tool so far.

Computers at Jump School! What in the hell! :D

Keep your feet and knees together airborne.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
06-14-2006, 19:18
I am using that term loosely, for those of you that are NCO's as well, but it is still a term of respect that I was brought up to use.

Officers are only gentlemen by an act of Congress and judging by the conduct of many in Congress it is really not an accolade that has much significance.
Welcome aboard.

PHeles
06-15-2006, 08:24
My later Father, Major Patrick F. Heles was an early member of the 10th SFG. I spent 2 years as a child in Bad Tolz and was fortunate enough to reurn several years ago.

If any of Dad's friends are here please let me know who you are and how you know him.

It is an Honor to be allowed to be a registered individual and on behalf of my family I want to thank all of you for the giving all of you have done and will do in service!

Thank you!

Pete Heles Bad Tolz 1954-1957

Jack Moroney (RIP)
06-15-2006, 08:26
Pete Heles Bad Tolz 1954-1957

Welcome aboard. Please fill out your profile before you post again.

incommin
06-15-2006, 08:28
"Keep your feet and knees together airborne"

I bet you say that to all the girls!

az larry
06-15-2006, 14:49
Hello Folks. I've heard about this site for a while so I thought I check it out and introduce myself. I own a Military aircraft parts company in Tucson and also hold an FFL/SOT. I am not former military. I have worked as a Military contractor since the 70s starting out blowing up scrap on the Enewetak Atoll Cleanup Project. I have both a strong personal and professional interest in what's going on in the Military today.

Doc
06-15-2006, 15:16
"Keep your feet and knees together airborne"

I bet you say that to all the girls!

No way! :D

LMAO!

Warrior-Mentor
06-15-2006, 17:45
To my daughter!

slaytonb
06-15-2006, 18:19
Hello everyone,
I'm Brent, I'm currently 11B going through the 33W course at Fort Huachuca, AZ after a pretty serious knee injury 2 days away from graduating SOPC. SOPC was by far the coolest thing I've ever done, I never imagined that THAT much stress can be invoked on a persons mind or body. It really helped me build alot of confidence in myself, and realize that my capabilities aren't as limited as I've always thought.
I've been here 6 mos and realized that MI is definately not for me. After finishing here I'll be headed to 19th group in Watkins, CO to be support until my next chance for selection rolls around. I enlisted Jan 05, so I'm still a baby I guess you can say. Thus far I've really enjoyed the military lifestyle and all of the challenges to overcome. I think that just about takes care most everything. If I missed something, feel free to ask.

Budoka
06-15-2006, 20:36
Hello all,

I found Professional Soldiers.com while searching for some former team mates from the 11th Grp. I'm currently looking into the 20th Grp after twelve years out of service. There is a lot of great information here.

Tank
06-16-2006, 06:34
Hi,

Thank you for inviting me in!
Tank here, love the looks of this site, a little about myself, I was a 91B from 83-88 with 3rd ID out of wurzburg germany, last year in service was at Ft Campbell, KY. loved every minute of my military service, I highly recommend it to any one who loves a little adventure, I'm currently getting back into shape as I'm persuing to see if I can qaulify for the Army Reserves, I've been in contact with a recruiter who thinks I may be able to get into the reserves, hopefully it will pan out, if not, oh well, I will just try to be as supportive as I can for my brothers and sisters in the Armed forces, I want to give a shout out to my neighbors son who is currently going through Special Forces training right now, He just finished up the SERE's course!!!!!!!! Go on Justin you ROCK! Good luck on finishing the training!! Again thank you for the opportunity to join this site!:lifter

Kyobanim
06-16-2006, 06:54
Hi,

Thank you for inviting me in!
Tank here, love the looks of this site, a little about myself, I was a 91B from 83-88 with 3rd ID out of wurzburg germany, last year in service was at Ft Campbell, KY. loved every minute of my military service, I highly recommend it to any one who loves a little adventure, I'm currently getting back into shape as I'm persuing to see if I can qaulify for the Army Reserves, I've been in contact with a recruiter who thinks I may be able to get into the reserves, hopefully it will pan out, if not, oh well, I will just try to be as supportive as I can for my brothers and sisters in the Armed forces, I want to give a shout out to my neighbors son who is currently going through Special Forces training right now, He just finished up the SERE's course!!!!!!!! Go on Justin you ROCK! Good luck on finishing the training!! Again thank you for the opportunity to join this site!:lifter

Tank, your intro is now in the proper place. You're welcome. Read the stickies. If you haven't filled out your profile, please do so.

Tank
06-16-2006, 07:54
Thanks for the hand! I'll check the stickies!

Tank,

chittnp
06-16-2006, 20:42
Gentleman, I left Active Duty in the US Navy in 2003 to pursue my education. While on active duty I was an arabic linguist. I was fortunate enough to attend the DLI to learn arabic. I recently graduated from College with my B.S. in business administration and a minor in economics. Before I graduated, I decided I wanted to do something different and important, so I enlisted in the Army under the 18x Program. I post under this same username at airborneranger.com. I am very interested in any and all advice you can offer me on how to be successful in my aspirations of becoming a Special Forces Soldier, as well as the best all around Soldier I can be. I ship out to OSUT in September.

x SF med
06-16-2006, 21:57
Chittnp-
Read the stickies, read the entire Pipeline forum, get Warrior-Mentor's book, and remember that you have to train your mind as well as your body. Good luck, you are cutting it close on time. I would have given anything for this site, or the same info before I went to the Q.

fry
06-16-2006, 23:58
G'day all,

I'm a 22 year old Signaller in the Australian Army Reserve.
Found this link at the back of a Special Forces book published by the Special Ops Warrior Foundation.

Thanks,

Fry.

InTheBlack
06-17-2006, 11:47
Intro- just an ordinary guy who likes to be prepared- Knowledge is power. I have a degreed scientific background. HAZWOPPER. NRA instructor certified. History & military history an interest.

Stew86
06-17-2006, 15:01
Hello,

My name is Robbie. I'm 19 years old and I am a college student and Cadet at Middle Tennessee State University. Ever since I first heard about Special Forces I have known that is what I want to do. I was thinking about enlisting out of high school, but I was offered an ROTC scholarship so I took that instead. I want to branch Infantry and I am currently doing everything in my power to make that happen (getting good grades, good PT scores, studying my FM 7-8, etc.). I was fortunate enough to get to participate in Robin Sage in the summer of 2005 somewhere around late July to early August. That experience is something I will never forget; I met some of the greatest men there (both SF Candidates and Cadre) that were eager to teach me and my fellow Pinelanders so much. I'm heading off to Airborne school this summer, August 2nd, and I had an Air Assault School slot but Cadet Command threw it away because "it wasn't fair to the schools that aren't near Ft. Campbell." Oh well. I'm just here to sit back and gain as much knowledge as I can from the experience of all the BTDTs. Thank you.

Kyobanim
06-17-2006, 17:28
Welcome to all.

AF IDMT
06-18-2006, 01:28
Hello,
My name is Aaron and I am an USAF IDMT. Zoomies are allowed in here as long as we behave, right? :) I found this site in my quest for military medical information. My main goal here is to read and learn so this may very well be the only post you see from me as it is obvious I am among people much more learned than I. Thank you for allowing me to be a guest at your site. I have filled out my profile, however I will be happy to supply any other information requested.

marine571
06-18-2006, 12:04
No, I was an 0311, a rifleman. During my time in Iraq I was a fire team leader. At the very end of our deployment I was moved up to squad leader. I was in primarily in Hit, Iraq, about 30 miles north of Fallujah.

PRC117F
06-18-2006, 17:35
Learned about this site via SOCNET, where I post as SATCOM. USAF CCT guy (22 years), active duty still. Spent most of my career with SF and loved it. I'm a FAG now and spent my last OEF in the JOC/TOC gritting my teeth.

Zorro_de_plato
06-18-2006, 17:52
Hey Everybody,

First let me say thanks for this site. It's got a lot of great info on it! I'm currently a 23 year old Army guy who just got a slot in the "Q" Course. Selection class 06-06. Right now I'm serving with an Airborne Infantry unit in Ft. Richardson, AK. I love it up here. I have a wife and a seven month old son who both support me very much. My wife is currently finishing her degree, and my son is struggling with Arthrogryposis. Maybe some of the docs have heard of that one. Feel free for anybody to email me. Thanks again for the website.

Pete
06-18-2006, 18:27
....I'm currently a 23 year old Army guy who just got a slot in the "Q" Course. Selection class 06-06. ....... Thanks again for the website.

Welcome All;

Zorro de plato;

I'll look forward to maybe running into you when you get in the Fort Bragg area.

Pete

CoLawman
06-18-2006, 21:51
my son is struggling with Arthrogryposis.

Zorro, had to Google that one. Sounds like you and your wife will have your hands full with alot of physical therapy. Children are so precious! Sincerely hope things go well for your son.:lifter

CMOIIIOPS
06-18-2006, 23:34
Greetings! Thank you for the opportunity to join your site. I retired 22 years ago from the Army. I currently work for the federal government. While in the Army I had the opportunity to interact with SF soldiers in a training environment. At the end of my career many CSM/SGM had SF backgrounds and we worked on the staff of the same units.

My branch is MI, much of the time I had language and analysis related duties. During an early career hiatus I took an extension course in PSYOPS from USAJFKSWCS. I found the course very interesting and also a good intro to Special Operations and Civil Affairs. During the last few years I was on staff at corps and division, G5 as NCOIC.

I have always been interested in SOF and the ability to do a very lot with very little. Wingate, Slim, Merrill come to mind in WWII. I am a firm advocate of doing things smarter not harder.

My interest in your site comes from the ability, I hope, to gain an incite to SF and SOF. I am very interested in SOF operations from Somalia, through Afghanistan, Iraq, and anywhere else. I am interested in the current status of Army SOF, especially, CA and PSYOPS. The current transformations of MI, SOF, the Army staff concept, the Army in general are other areas I am catching up on. I have access to AKO.

Bob

Spearhead
06-19-2006, 10:23
Hi from across the pond. I spent 9 years in the British Army as a FRT operator in various Rapid Reaction units. I then moved over to MI with the MNICC at the EUCOM JAC, then with 54 MI Section again under EUCOM.

I am now a Security Consultant and i work with various guys from both sides of the Pond.

Trip_Wire (RIP)
06-19-2006, 11:29
Welcome aboard to all! ;)

Kyobanim
06-19-2006, 12:36
Welcome all

X22RogB
06-19-2006, 15:19
Hi to all,

Found this site through a link on another site, would like to extend my hand and my heart to my fellow professionals from across the pond, am ex Uk Military, 24 years (10 Years UKSF) and know a few members of your community.

Rog B

Hereford

jbean983
06-19-2006, 16:50
I am so happy to have come across this site. This way, I can quit nagging the SF recruiters at Fort Benning whenever I have a question. That said, I was referred here by an Army SF operator and have been reading quite a bit. I recently graduated from Arizona State University with a Bachelor's in Political Science. I am now on Cape Cod, my original home. I leave on July 13th for BCT as an 18X recruit. My entire reason for existence on this site is to learn about what it takes to be the best, so that I may hopefully become the best. Thank you for allowing me to be part of this community, and I look forward to someday talking with one of you. Thanks again.

-Joe-

Warrior-Mentor
06-19-2006, 16:57
Best not to use tthe term operator around Team Sergeant...he might lose it.

I believe the term you are looking for is Special Forces Soldier.

Welcome aboard.

Doc
06-19-2006, 17:41
Welcome aboard folks.

Camaro
06-19-2006, 19:09
I am currently working full time for the Alabama Guard. I have been on ADSW for a little over two years now. I have probably seen a few of you come through courses where I work. I am merely a support guy working on getting in shape to go to sfas. Look forward to friendly chat.

wind-chill
06-19-2006, 21:35
Hello Gentlemen,

I am a recent 23yr old AAS grad, I have gravitated to this forum, because I agree with many of the standards set forth by this institution of warfare. I look forward to preparing myself for the vigorous training requirements. If given the oppurtunity to serve, it would mark the beginning of an integral chapter of my life.

:lifter

NousDefionsDoc
06-19-2006, 21:49
Hello Gentlemen,

I am a recent 23yr old AAS grad, I have gravitated to this forum, because I agree with many of the standards set forth by this institution of warfare. I look forward to preparing myself for the vigorous training requirements. If given the oppurtunity to serve, it would mark the beginning of an integral chapter of my life.

:lifter
Hi. Fill out your damn profile.

Could you give an example of a non-integral chapter of your life? I don't really understand that phrase.

What is AAS? I'm guessing it's not the American Academy of Spelling.

What is an institution of warfare?

Hellboy
06-19-2006, 21:54
Hello Gents, was in from '62 to '68 and was commo and crypto instructor at the Communications Center at Fort Knox Ky. My speciality was CW and Burst transmissions in a combat situation. I had many guys from SF as students and became close to 5th Group as that was where most of my guys were assigned after they graduated. I guess today they woulld all be 18E non-coms.

wind-chill
06-19-2006, 21:59
Hi. Fill out your damn profile.

Could you give an example of a non-integral chapter of your life? I don't really understand that phrase.

What is AAS? I'm guessing it's not the American Academy of Spelling.

What is an institution of warfare?

* Summer of 2005- I sat around and accrued credit card debt.
* AAS - Associate in Arts & Sciences.
* Insitution of warfare - My personal interpretation of SF.

Zorro_de_plato
06-19-2006, 23:30
Hi All,

Many thanks for the welcomes to the website. I hope to get to know some good people, and maybe even make a contribution or two. :cool: And to Pete and CoLawman, thank you both for the personal welcome.

abraxas
06-20-2006, 07:08
Hello. Well I am a 21 years old and looking at enlisting into the army in 2 years once I am done with my B.S., really just looking for information now, probably wont post that much.

csorliesd
06-20-2006, 08:29
Good morning,

Thank you for building and monitoring this forum for those soldiers and civilians who are interested in preparing themselves for what we all come here to learn.

I am 25 yrs old, enlisted as a 54B at 17 and have been a TPU (USAR) soldier ever since. I served with 10th MTN/25 ID in Afghanistan in a CI unit; my fellow soldiers and I also had the luxury of being attached to CJSOTF-A as intel assets.

I am interested in learning about the transfer from RC to AC, the 18x program for prior-service, and the family life so that my wife and I can be more prepared for that transfer.

Thank you again.

-CS

Paddy79
06-20-2006, 08:38
Hello everone. I'm 27 and from the UK. I have started selection for the Territorial Army SAS. I joined this site just to glean any advice from experienced SF members.

Team Sergeant
06-20-2006, 08:43
Hello everone. I'm 27 and from the UK. I have started selection for the Territorial Army SAS. I joined this site just to glean any advice from experienced SF members.

Welcome Paddy.

My Advice, Never Quit!;)

Team Sergeant

ObliqueApproach
06-20-2006, 10:11

Welcome Paddy!

My partner did 22 years in the SAS and was the Training Officer in, I believe, 23 SAS TA. Team Sergeant is right!

Who Dares Wins!

Buford Boone
06-20-2006, 14:06
My name is Buford Boone. I am the Supervisory Special Agent that operates the FBI Ballistic Research Facility, Quantico, Va.

I was referred to this forum by associates.

I mostly intend to read and learn. I probably won't post very often.

Not being a member of the SF community (heck, I've never even been in the Military), I appreciate being allowed to be a guest here.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
06-20-2006, 14:09
Welcome aboard all!

Team Sergeant
06-20-2006, 15:19
My name is Buford Boone. I am the Supervisory Special Agent that operates the FBI Ballistic Research Facility, Quantico, Va.

Not being a member of the SF community (heck, I've never even been in the Military), I appreciate being allowed to be a guest here.

Welcome SA Boone.

Actually we'd be pleased to hear what you've got to say.

Team Sergeant

MtnGoat
06-20-2006, 18:37
I am 25 yrs old, enlisted as a 54B at 17 and have been a TPU (USAR) soldier ever since. I served with 10th MTN/25 ID in Afghanistan in a CI unit; my fellow soldiers and I also had the luxury of being attached to CJSOTF-A as intel assets.

I am interested in learning about the transfer from RC to AC, the 18x program for prior-service, and the family life so that my wife and I can be more prepared for that transfer.
-CS
Welcome aboard CS

My Advice, use the Search button at the top right. It works. :rolleyes:

Good Luck and your future "trip".

VG

MtnGoat
06-20-2006, 18:49
I recently graduated from Arizona State University with a Bachelor's in Political Science. I am now on Cape Cod, my original home. I leave on July 13th for BCT as an 18X recruit. My entire reason for existence on this site is to learn about what it takes to be the best, so that I may hopefully become the best. Thank you for allowing me to be part of this community, and I look forward to someday talking with one of you.
jbean983,

Good luck with BCT, stay or get into shape. While in Airborne school get back into shape. Run harder and longer miles, do some push, pull, and sit ups; if you can dips.

BTW - My Uncle is the Dean of ED for ASU.

TIZWIN
06-20-2006, 19:53
Greetings, gentlemen. I am humbled in the presence of professional soldiers. I myself have no experience in uniform. I grew up as an Army Brat in the Cold War, the son of a career Infantry officer. Consequently, I lived in many towns and passed through the gates of many posts. And I carry in my heart an undying respect and love for the Army and its members. I also carry a profound love for my country and a vast contempt for totalitarianism. I registered in order to absorb the knowledge of all you BTDTs, especially about weapons and outdoor gear. I stopped lurking when I found that lurkers can't see the pictures. I will try to keep my yap shut and listen and learn.

God Bless America and her people in uniform.

incommin
06-21-2006, 05:19

Welcome! As an old soldier and a working criminalist, I look forward to hearing from you!

Hondo
06-21-2006, 17:52
Hello all. I'm a 16 year old junior from Tennessee. I heard about your site on AP and came over to check it out. I browsed around before signing up and am amazed by the amount of information here. I have a lot of military history in my family and plan to go DEP some time next year with either 11x/40 or 18x. Thanks for the resource.

CoLawman
06-21-2006, 23:00
Welcome! As an old soldier and a working criminalist, I look forward to hearing from you!

I would like to echo TS's and Incommin's comments. Hopefully you jump in on discussions such as the one on Lemas!

VAKEMP
06-22-2006, 16:55
Greetings Professional Soldiers!

I am active duty USMC and have been in for 10 years. My current job in the Corps deals with $$, but I am looking into what other options may be available to me. Due to my TIG, my options are very limited in the Marine Corps. If the opportunity to try out for SF is possible I would do it. I look forward to perusing your website and getting a realistic idea of what options I have!

Gypsy
06-22-2006, 18:46
Welcome everyone, thanks to all who have or are serving.

VAKEMP, stay safe when you deploy.

VAKEMP
06-22-2006, 18:51
VAKEMP, stay safe when you deploy.

Thanks Gypsy!

Gypsy
06-22-2006, 18:53
Thanks Gypsy!

You're welcome, Thank You! ;)

BoyScout
06-22-2006, 21:44
Thank you for letting in and for your service.
I have no military or law enforcement experince do more than one medical reason. I grew up running around a state park camping, bow hunting and fishing. I was a Boy Scout but I got the handle from carrying one of their knives everywhere. I started Martial Arts when I was eleven studying serveral styles in the one class and later moved on to Tia-Jitsu and combatitives from some mentor like buddies and an Uncle who we don't talk about. I study military history and history in general. I hope to one day be Registered Nurse but an ill wife and my small child comes first. I will try follow the simple rule of keeping my mouth shut and letting everryone think I am a fool instead of opening it and comfirming the fact.

NousDefionsDoc
06-22-2006, 21:53
Welcome aboard folks.

Diablo
06-23-2006, 18:06
Have visited here on a few occasions and have finally "joined" this great corner of the web.
First, let me pay respect to the 18 series guys here. I left Pineland in a medevac about 20 years ago and wound up across post with the 82nd. No amount of text here can show the respect I have for the btdt guys.
I currently work in Security/ Risk Managment Consulting, so I have been able to parlay squeezing triggers into a comfortable living for myself and my family.
When I am not providing for my little den of cubs, I like surfing and sending arrows down range.
Again, respect to the ODA guys, and thanks for the great site.
Best,
Dave

Jack Moroney (RIP)
06-23-2006, 18:19
Welcome aboard all!

cf1158
06-23-2006, 18:26
Thanks for accepting me the site. I have no militray experience but I'm a Police SRT member, Defensive Tactics Instructor and FTO. I was referred to the site by MAB32 who lives and works in my area. A fellow officer who I trained was killed in Iraq on June 8th during his 2nd deployment. He was an SF soldier and a great cop. MAB32 found me because another officer and I have been selling shirts to benfit his family. I hope I can contribute and I'm quite sure I can learn by being a member here. I will be out of town until July 2nd but will reply to any contacts as soon as possible.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
06-23-2006, 18:47
[QUOTE=cf1158] Police SRT member, Defensive Tactics Instructor and FTO. QUOTE]

Welcome aboard. You know I used to think that we (military folk) had some problem with our own acronyms, but I am at a loss here to figure out yours. Help me out here, I'm old:D

12B4S
06-23-2006, 20:32
Another FOG waits as well. :munchin

Kyobanim
06-23-2006, 21:44
Welcome all

Trip_Wire (RIP)
06-24-2006, 00:46
[QUOTE=cf1158] Police SRT member, Defensive Tactics Instructor and FTO. QUOTE]

Welcome aboard. You know I used to think that we (military folk) had some problem with our own acronyms, but I am at a loss here to figure out yours. Help me out here, I'm old:D

As I recall:

SRT = Special Response Team (SWAT Team) A lot of agencies try to avoid using the term SWAT

Defensive Tactics Instructor = Teaches Hand to hand self defense, Baton, come-a-longs, etc. Hopefully also teaches situational awareness, etc.

FTO = Field Training Officer Most LE agencies now have a program, were recruits are turned over to an FTO, a seasoned LE Officer, who mentors, teaches LE techniques, evaluates both (Monthly) during and at the end of a specified time period, He/She will recommend that the recruit to be kept or dropped from the Department, before their probation period is up. It seems to work fairly well in most agencies Usually a Six month period assigned to an FTO
:munchin

Jack Moroney (RIP)
06-24-2006, 05:25
[QUOTE=Jack Moroney]

As I recall:

Thanks. This sort of reminds me of a conversation where my wife was trying real hard not to be the newbie. I was a brand new 2LT and we were in Germany on our first assignment. We were sitting in the company commander's quarters having dinner with the other platoon leaders and wives when the following "army speak" began": " Six (Company Cdr's call sign) we were out on the Tango Tango (tank trail) when that Dragon Wagon (flat bed hauling a disabled tank) fliped. We spliced into some WD-1 (commo wire) to try making commo by Lima Lima (land line) but had to catch a ride back to the compound on a duece and a half (2 1/2 ton truck). Well my wife had absolutely no clue what was being said and I could see she was getting a little uncomfortable. Being the trooper she was, and because nothing about this conversation required her to do anything, she sat there like an old pro, calmly smiled and nodded her head determined not to show anything but composure and then it happened. The company commander's wife looked right at her and said, "So do you have a POV yet?" Knowing full well she had no clue what those initials meant, but damned if she was going to be considered the village idiot, she replied, "No, we only have a VW". Today she knows that ANGUS is not just the name of one of our dogs. but also an initial entry report:D

NousDefionsDoc
06-24-2006, 06:57
[QUOTE=Trip_Wire]

Thanks. This sort of reminds me of a conversation where my wife was trying real hard not to be the newbie. I was a brand new 2LT and we were in Germany on our first assignment. We were sitting in the company commander's quarters having dinner with the other platoon leaders and wives when the following "army speak" began": " Six (Company Cdr's call sign) we were out on the Tango Tango (tank trail) when that Dragon Wagon (flat bed hauling a disabled tank) fliped. We spliced into some WD-1 (commo wire) to try making commo by Lima Lima (land line) but had to catch a ride back to the compound on a duece and a half (2 1/2 ton truck). Well my wife had absolutely no clue what was being said and I could see she was getting a little uncomfortable. Being the trooper she was, and because nothing about this conversation required her to do anything, she sat there like an old pro, calmly smiled and nodded her head determined not to show anything but composure and then it happened. The company commander's wife looked right at her and said, "So do you have a POV yet?" Knowing full well she had no clue what those initials meant, but damned if she was going to be considered the village idiot, she replied, "No, we only have a VW". Today she knows that ANGUS is not just the name of one of our dogs. but also an initial entry report:D
LOL - One of the first things mine learned to say in English was , "Tradecraft Bitch!" - My standard response to the question of "Why are we lost again and driving around in circles in this bad neighborhood?":lifter

greg700
06-24-2006, 23:51
Hello all,

I just rediscovered this forum and I think it is about time I went ahead and registered.

I took an 18x contract in basic and now I am stuck in hold at student company waiting to get started with phase 3. My training MOS is 18E and I am also learning Arabic. I asked for 3'rd group, but I don't yet know for sure that I got it.

I hope that as I begin my MOS training, and particularly when I get to a team this site will become an increasingly valuable resource for me.

Thanks,
Greg

ObliqueApproach
06-25-2006, 02:46
[QUOTE=Jack Moroney]
LOL - One of the first things mine learned to say in English was , "Tradecraft Bitch!" - My standard response to the question of "Why are we lost again and driving around in circles in this bad neighborhood?":lifter

We should probably start a quote thread dedicated to those wonderful ladies who followed us all over creation or waited for us to return. I can think of a dozen easy! It would probably need to be in The Comedy Zone though!:D

My wife worked at the bank at the Berlin PX compound. A lady handed her a check to cash and my wife gave it back to her asking her to write her husbands rank. The lady passed it back and said she did. My wife looked at it and handed it back telling her again to put his "rank" on the check like Sgt or Cpt. The lady handed back the check and again said that it was on the check. My wife, frustrated by now, said "Where?!". The answer: "Right there! BG for Brigadier General!" Some of you may know Mrs. Shaknow.:munchin

12B4S
06-25-2006, 03:31
That quote was from NDD .... OA. No problem. He knows that and is a forgiving type of soul. :rolleyes: So is the Colonel. ;) Not to mention I can always screw up this computer stuff.

Now that I have typed myself out, I'll cut/type this short. Military wives are the best. Those married to guys in SF transcend even that.............

7624U
06-26-2006, 03:56
Sr 18B on 072 ive been in Aco 3/10 for the last 4 years
just got picked up for a SWC tour. be seeing all you 18x shortly Muhahaha....
found out about this forum threw some other team guys from 7th group thought i would check it out.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
06-26-2006, 04:52
Welcome aboard.

Kyobanim
06-26-2006, 05:11
Welcome all

CPTAUSRET
06-26-2006, 07:21
Been out of the net for awhile, so am playing catchup on the new posts.

Welcome aboard everyone!

Read the stickies, and play nice.

HoosGhost
06-26-2006, 09:01
Referral from SOCnet, friend of Jimbo's, long-time lurker/learner here.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
06-26-2006, 13:08

Welcome aboard. Now go clean up your profile.

Mako06
06-26-2006, 14:57
Hi to all, I came across the site looking for videos of SF related material and i found your site. Like many i'm just trying to collect info on SF because i'm thinking of accepting the challenge of trying to become the best of the best.

Kyobanim
06-26-2006, 17:33
Welcome.

Mako06, have a go at your profile.

Malpaso
06-26-2006, 19:46
Hello all,

Just joined this forum/site, and it looks top notch! I have no military experience, but I look forward to learning a lot!

x SF med
06-26-2006, 20:54
Hey, Malpaso, check out Chuck's tshirt in the avatar above your first post. Oh, and fill out your profile. The great information here isn't available if one of the moderators bans or FTFSI's you....

ObliqueApproach
06-26-2006, 21:03

Welcome.!:D I also concur with Jack; please clear up the info in your profile as, being you basic ground pounder, I don't understand anything in it!:confused:

Surgicalcric
06-26-2006, 21:39
...friend of Jimbo's...

We will try not to hold that against you.

Crip

Michael J Pierc
06-27-2006, 10:17
Its a pleasure to have the opprotunity to introduce myself to all of you on this forum. you may not see me posting here too often so I will make this count.

As you will see in my profile I am heading to basic in just a few weeks. In preperation for this I've been working hard to be sure I'm in shape. This has included a recent 25 mile hike through Yosemite national forest with a fifty pound pack, 5 mile runs every other day, and an alteration of push-ups and sit-ups.

One of my main motives for pursuing the 18x program is the chance for personal growth and progression as well as the opprotunity to work with (and become myself) highly skilled professionals.

I'm not affraid to make calculated risks and assume responsibility for my actions. It also takes a great deal to discourage me, but even if there are brief moments where I feel momentarily defeated I immediately pick myself up and apply myself again with full intent.

I love what I have found on this site so far, its resources and links impress me. More than likely as i said before, you will not see many, if any, post from me, because the information presented here seems straight forward and easy to access more through the various links presented.

Thank you for puting such a community together.

Gex21
06-27-2006, 11:16
Lousy on introductions... and spelling and gramer skills are subpar, My name is Carl 18b w/ 20th
~Carl

Tim.Wingfield
06-27-2006, 13:50
Hello Professional Soldiers,

I was directed to this site via Warrior-Mentor.com, and I really like the information I've found so far. Thanks for putting together a great site.

I am currently active duty (9 yrs) with three deployments down and who knows how many more to go. I am interested in going to SFAS soon, and have been doing as much 'homework' as I can to learn as much as possible about both.

I am working on getting a new job in USASOC in the near future so I can at least work with special operators while I train and get my packet together.

Again, thanks for a great site.

TW

citboy5672
06-27-2006, 17:49
While I posted initially several months ago stating my intent to try out for Special Forces, I have made that a reality over the past two days. As of today I am currently in the DEP program as an 18-X. I ship out on 5 September from Ft. Jackson to go to OSUT at Ft. Benning. Thank you for all the wonderful information on this site.

Ben

Weazle23
06-27-2006, 18:51
Welcome everyone!

SCRMBLR
06-27-2006, 19:06
Hello, all!
Didn't post here first... Flame away!

badcarma
06-27-2006, 21:43
hello gentlemen just drop in to say hello ill spend most of my time in the shadows, but i wanted to keep with the rules and make my first post here nothing much to say about myself worked with the teams i went to SFAS was a med drop the first time and the second time i VW because i listened to my at the time wife aka now my ex and theres no chance for me to go back got an NTR but i keep with the tradition and always try to help those that need it as of right now im a volunter firefighter well thats all ive got gentlemen

strength and honor
josh

Antons
06-27-2006, 22:15
Just making my first introduction post here.

A little about myself is im prior service blue looking at going green. I've grown tired of watching the planes fly by hoping they don't crash (fire protection), and am just eager to network and gather information here on these boards to help reach a life long career goal.

Grn_Brts
06-28-2006, 12:20
hi everyone my name is ashish ganatra and i want to join the Army Special Forces: Green Berets. I'm 15 and i wanted to join the Army since i was in 6th grade (im in 10th grade now). One of the biggest reasons for me wanting to join is 9/11 and the fact that i dont want a boring office job. I want to be rappelling out of helicopters and shooting guns and doing something big for my country rather then hand in expense reports. I also paintball alot which shows that i have great leadership skillz since im Commander of my team. I play woodsball so anyone that interested should IM me at LiL MaRinE 100.

peace people

im happy to be joining the community

Kyobanim
06-28-2006, 12:43
hi everyone my name is ashish ganatra and i want to join the Army Special Forces: Green Berets. I'm 15 and i wanted to join the Army since i was in 6th grade (im in 10th grade now). One of the biggest reasons for me wanting to join is 9/11 and the fact that i dont want a boring office job. I want to be rappelling out of helicopters and shooting guns and doing something big for my country rather then hand in expense reports. I also paintball alot which shows that i have great leadership skillz since im Commander of my team. I play woodsball so anyone that interested should IM me at LiL MaRinE 100.

peace people

im happy to be joining the community

Grn_Brts, what would you like your user name to be changed to?

1. Punctuation and capitalization are things that are used properly on this site.
2. Skillz are something you have in the hood.
3. Paintball is a game.
4. Fill out your profile

Antons, fill out your profile.

Kyobanim
06-28-2006, 12:47
Just because you have posted in this topic doesn't mean you can skip filling out your profile. By posting here in public you have signified that you want to be a participant in this forum. In order to be a participant you must fill out your profile.

x SF med
06-28-2006, 14:44
Sick 'em Kyo!!! Nice job, are you and NDD changing dispositions?:eek:

ricky_freeman1
06-28-2006, 16:15
Hi, my name is Ricky Freeman. I'm 22 and currently live in Indiana. I've been working out a waiver with my recruiter that has taken longer than either of us would have liked, going on 8 months. I still haven't given up though, I know other people have had more trouble than myself so all I can do is keep on trying. I have had some college and also ran track and cross country at the community college I went to. Hopefully I will be able to get an 18X contract when my waiver comes through. I would like to ship out ASAP to start on my at least two years of training. My goal MOS would be an 18B, but that will be some way down the road. I would like to thank everyone for allowing me to be a part of this site.

Wha Daur
06-28-2006, 16:55
After finding Professional Soldiers by accident, I have lurked for a while. I am an Ex-pat Brit, served 13 years with HM Forces. I have been out for some time, but have found it difficult to take the military out of myself. I now live in Canada. So, here I am.

See you on the boards.

KidA
06-29-2006, 12:06
KidA here, a lot of you know me from Socnet. Just registered to do a bit of searching of some information here.

Gypsy
06-29-2006, 18:43
Welcome all.

Look what the wind blew in....Sneaky's favorite lib. :D Welcome aboard KidA.

Sdiver
06-29-2006, 23:26
There goes the neighborhood. :rolleyes:

Dude, hope you find the answers you're looking for over here. I'm sure you will.

Surgicalcric
06-30-2006, 05:38
...Look what the wind blew in....Sneaky's favorite lib. :D Welcome aboard KidA.

Now thats funny; I dont care who you are.

Gypsy
06-30-2006, 11:35
Now thats funny; I dont care who you are.

:D

Infantry44
06-30-2006, 13:02
Quiet Professional Soldiers & All,

Cherry LT fresh out of IOBC and RGR signing in. Looking forward to submitting my packet when my window opens in late-07. I discovered this site thanks to "Get Selected..." and I have been lurking for a few months. Thank you for the opportunity to learn from each of you as I prepare myself for SFAS.

V/R,

2LT G

Jack Moroney (RIP)
06-30-2006, 13:20
Cherry LT fresh out of IOBC and RGR signing in.

Welcome aboard-started my career the same way in January 65!

diesel
07-01-2006, 03:17
Dear All,

Greetings from the UK. Just joined the forum, former UK Armed Forces now working the contractor world.

Hope to be active as much as possible.

Cheers

Diesel

ala98
07-01-2006, 05:36
Greetings,
I have been lurking on this site for quite awhile. I come from the standard infantry officer's background. I was recently selected in class 007-06 and will be studying Persian/Farsi. Look forward to learning from the quiet professionals on the site.

RainerMain
07-01-2006, 09:15
Afternoon all,

I am AD, been in for 3 years, currently deployed. Looking forward to learning all that I can from everyone, so that I can pull it all together and put it to use when I get back to the states and go to selection.

V/R

-Doc T.

Team Sergeant
07-01-2006, 09:44
Afternoon all,

I am AD, been in for 3 years, currently deployed. Looking forward to learning all that I can from everyone, so that I can pull it all together and put it to use when I get back to the states and go to selection.

V/R

-Doc T.

Welcome Doc,

If you're going to keep posting on here please find a new "nickname".

Currently we have a "Doc T" and she is a Trauma Surgeon, Critical Care physician and my wife. ;)

Team Sergeant

Jack Moroney (RIP)
07-01-2006, 11:54
Welcome all. Ala98 your standard infantry background will serve as a good starting point and should serve you well. Good luck.

Akinci
07-01-2006, 15:53
Hi,
I have been on this site for quite awhile before actually registering. My previous job I am coming from is a Cav Scout. I just returned home being selected from class 007-06. Thank you to all the Professionals for keeping this site stocked with a wealth of knowledge and tips. I am Looking foward to learning as much as I can.

john78
07-02-2006, 09:21
Hello,

Thank you all for this informative site. I am looking forward to starting my new career as a paid FF/EMT with a well-regarded FD; however, I cannot stop thinking about my other life-goal - to be a Soldier. I will continue searching for information on AD and NG options.
Back to lurking.

mjb0509
07-03-2006, 12:21
Hello everyone,

My name is Matt and I am currently a sophomore in college. I have wanted to join the military for as long as I can remember. For the last 4 or 5 years I have wanted to join the marines. However, I have recently thought about going into the Army Special Forces. I do want to finish college first before joining any branch.

Thank you to all the people who post on this website. I have already learned a lot about the SF in the small amount of time that I have been here.

Also, to all of the QPs, thank you for the service that you provide to me and the country.

Thanks,

Matt

Kyobanim
07-03-2006, 16:24
Welcome to all

<---------------------

jamel
07-03-2006, 17:03
Hi, my real name is james and i'm 16 years old, i will be turning 17 this month. I will be a junior in highschool next year. i know a lot about special forces already and i've been interested in them for a while now.

Todd
07-03-2006, 17:13
It's an honor to be here among you. I hardly feel worthy to post among you...but I dared not turn down the invitation. I am a businessman here in the small bordertown of Presidio...one of the most ancient towns in the USA. If I can be of service to any of you ...please do not hesitate to ask.

I am 48 y/o, graduate of the Univ of Okla, have lived here for the last 15 years. I am fluent in Spanish and a keen observer of Mexico and the borderlands. I spend much of my time exploring the area.

I met one of your prominent members a few years ago and we, along with a small group, meet once a year, it is a highlight of my year.

I was an avowed democrat after leaving college after a 14 year stint, with the advent of the internet I continued looking for the truths in this life and land, I started by googling 'leftist militant news" and the such, in time I found myself reading World Net Daily and the Drudge Report (I did a lot of googling, followed links and my common sense!) My liberal brother informed me that I had changed as those are "rightwing wacko websites" I informed him that I had not changed that I was still looking for truth and justice and finally found reading and opinions that seemed to make sense, I was justified when debating he and his high powered attorney friend and left them speechless and sputtering unable to make a rebuttal for their twisted views.

I have come to despise what I once thought, but it is was no wonder considering the slanted information I recieved. Once the basic facts where apparent to me ...everything else feel into place. It's been really great to have opinions and observations I can actually defend through rational debate...tho' I have noticed the Left can't do rational debate because they seem to operate on emotions and feelings.

God has blessed America and real Americans and may God continue blessing the Armed Forces of the USA.

I honor your service to this wonderful country, and I am one of those who thanks uniformed members of the the Armed Services when I see them.

Thank you. Thank you all for allowing me to live this life in this country.

NousDefionsDoc
07-03-2006, 18:13
Hi, my real name is james and i'm 16 years old, i will be turning 17 this month. I will be a junior in highschool next year. i know a lot about special forces already and i've been interested in them for a while now.
LOL - Hi! Welcome aboard.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
07-03-2006, 18:16
Welcome aboard all!

FSU Bulldog
07-03-2006, 20:25
Hey. I'm 26, a student at Florida State going for a degree in International Affairs. I was an MP for about 3 years. I've been in for almost 4 years. I'm currently an NQP with 3/20th. Been with them almost a year now. I was recently selected (Class 07-06). Looking to go to the Q next year after I fullfill another obligation coming up shortly.

I've been lurking around for sometime. I was referred here a few months back by CPTAUSRET on another site. I finally decided to register and post. I hope to learn more and keep learning. Thanks for having me.

CharlesArbuckle
07-04-2006, 11:28
I'm a 23 year old with 1/20th in Al.

Razor
07-04-2006, 16:07
Welcome Charles. What's your job in B/1/20?

SpartanWrestler
07-04-2006, 17:12
I'd just like to tell everyone that I just completed my Eagle Scout Project at the end of Memorial Day weekend and now I'm typing up my reaport to send in the Board Members so I can be interviewed for the award.

I've been in Scouting for the better part of my life and I've heard it looks good to have your Eagle when you go into the Armed Services. I'm in 10th grade and starting to puruse through possible ROTC places. I want to go to IOWA State and wrestle (hince the name) and join the Marines and then the SF, SEAL, or Green Berets.

I'm keeping my options open in my life cause things happen from here to...................> there, but it doesnt hurt to shoot for something you like in your life I'm guessing.

One more thing.......

!!!HAPPY 4TH OF JULY EVERYONE!!!

:cool: :) :) :cool:

Jack Moroney (RIP)
07-04-2006, 18:36
I want to go to IOWA State and wrestle (hince the name) and join the Marines and then the SF, SEAL, or Green Berets.

I'm keeping my options open

Congratulations on obtaining your Eagle, now concentrate on completing school. While you are keeping your options open take sometime and look into what a Marine is, SF is, or a SEAL and then perhaps you can make a determination as to which avenue you would like to pursue. Unlike scouting, these are not merit badges that you sample but commitments to the profession of arms each with their own distinct requirements, missions, and functions. They are not interchangeable. I do not think you want to be a green beret, as that is just a piece of distinctive headgear worn by Special Forces soldiers.

CPTAUSRET
07-04-2006, 20:20
Welcome aboard everyone!

SpartanWrestler
07-04-2006, 21:14
Thanks for the helpful insight Mr. Moroney!

I realize that a Green Beret is the hat worn and I was just using that as a figure of speach (just to clear up any mis-conceptions:) )

Bill Harsey
07-05-2006, 00:20
Welcome aboard everyone, good to have you here.

For the young guys who still have all their hair and pretty good knees, double check your spelling so us old guys can read it and not worry about failing to understand. We don't see very good either.:D

7624U
07-05-2006, 05:23
I do not think you want to be a green beret, as that is just a piece of distinctive headgear worn by Special Forces soldiers.

Guess I made a mistake i thought we get our superpower's from our hat.:cool:

Jack Moroney (RIP)
07-05-2006, 05:34
Guess I made a mistake i thought we get our superpower's from our hat.:cool:

Only if you ripped the lining out, it made you invisible to everyone except CSM Bone.

x SF med
07-05-2006, 07:40
COL M-
LTG Suddath actually made it policy that we could not wear 'unlined berets' - and checked when he did a Cmd Review at Devens - there were a lot of pizza men in formation after that decreee came down... I still have my first beret somewhere - no liner - the stiffener cut down, no Irish flags to tuck in the back, and faded to the perfect "off rifle green" with creases to fit into the bellows pockets of OD Green Jungles.... ahhh, the memories that silly piece of felt holds.

kaizoku
07-05-2006, 18:10
Hello, I'm 26, and a former Navy ET2. After the Navy, I worked at CGSC and met several current and former Special Forces professionals who first planted the seed that SF is what I want. 7 months after leaving that job, I'm about to go Army with the goal of becoming an 18E.

I've lurked here before, but a recent email from JM at Warrior Mentor suggested that I register.

mconrad
07-05-2006, 22:11
Hi all,
I came across professionalsoldiers.com after checking the links page on armyranger.com. I've lurked on their forums for a while, but hardly posted there....it's pretty scary if you're trying not to catch any flak from them, I'm not gonna lie. They are very helpful though.

Anyway, I am a 2006 graduate of West Virginia University with a degree in Political Science. I have always wanted to be in the Armed Forces, but put it off when I had the chance after high school. Something happened after I graduated from WVU that rekindled my sense of duty and my desire to serve, so I went to talk to a recruiter about OCS. I wanted to talk about OCS because to a common civilian like me, that was what one does if one is a college graduate. A number of people talked me out of OCS to go the enlisted route--I figure ya can't lead a guy if ya don't know what it's like. I enlisted for MOS 96B, intelligence analyst, and also volunteered for Airborne School.

I may ask some advice in the future, but for now I am content checkin' the content already here. Thanks.

-Mark

7624U
07-05-2006, 22:30
Welcome to the board

12B4S
07-06-2006, 00:41
COL M-
LTG Suddath actually made it policy that we could not wear 'unlined berets' - and checked when he did a Cmd Review at Devens - there were a lot of pizza men in formation after that decreee came down... I still have my first beret somewhere - no liner - the stiffener cut down, no Irish flags to tuck in the back, and faded to the perfect "off rifle green" with creases to fit into the bellows pockets of OD Green Jungles.... ahhh, the memories that silly piece of felt holds.

Geeeeeez. Who had the contract? I have my original Beret. Still fits too and it was smallish wayyyyyyyyy back then. I never cut the lining or stiffener. Still fits too. Especially after a haircut. ;)

There is the PROPER way to where it. For those of us that earned and wore it, then The Army decided to issue a beret to every troop. Look!! 80 t0 90% havn't a clue how to wear it. Nor do they deserve to wear one. They ddn't earn that right. I don't care what color it is!!!!!

OH, it was worn in alot of 'weather'. Now... the color is a bit faded, wayyyyy beyond when it was issued. Not to mention some 30 odd years. Thing is. It was never worn in the field. Except just after I earned it and played aggressor for the next Phase 1 Class comming in. There was never a reason to do so. Damn! That reminds me. I came across my old jungle boots a few weeks ago. I got them in `70. Have three applications of leather conditioner on them to this point. There is some cracking in the leather. Workin' on it. :o

Ack! Starting to look like a hijack. Welcome aboard Y'all...........

dfirsty
07-06-2006, 01:53
hi all. I'm a current LEO in Phoenix and friend of TS, after being told I shoot like a three year old and to bring a shotgun on every call, he invited me to the sight. Thanks for having me, and for the wealth of info on the sight.

gaijinsamurai
07-06-2006, 09:08
Hello, everyone! My name is Andy. I'm from Oregon and currently live in Japan. 6 years USMC and 5 years Oregon National Guard. I was also a parole officer in Oregon for five years. I probably won't make a lot of posts for a while, as I'd like to read and "get a feel" for this forum. I always had a lot of respect for Special Forces, SEALS, Marine Recon, and all the other elites.
I have a BA in Political Science and International Studies from the University of Oregon, and have lived and worked abroad extensively, mostly in Central America, The Middle East, and Japan & South Korea. I've been an English teacher in Japan since 2002.
I also am a member of "militaryphotos.net" and Wehrmacht awards.com" discussion groups.
Hobbies include firearms collecting and shooting, collecting militaria, and reading/discussing history and current events.

Andy H

Roycroft201
07-06-2006, 12:32
YES !! Another educator !

I am also a guest member here at PS.com so it is not my place to 'officially' welcome you to the site, but it is great to have you here. (Roguish Lawyer, one of our moderators, was recruiting lawyers for a while, I think . It was either that or he wanted more LA hockey fans here and we both know that is not an easy quest !:p )

We have another member who is currently teaching English in China ( however, he tried to teach them rugby and all the little girls in his class ran away screaming they didn't want to get that dirty !:D )

I also plan to teach overseas next year, as well.

You will find that PS.com is above and beyond any other site you may have visited. Read ALL the stickies at the top of each forum, take a look at the terrific topics and read some of the archives. ..... Actually, read a LOT and get a feel for the type of site this is and then lastly, stay in your lane if you do decide to post.

In one aspect of their profession, the Quiet Professionals (both AD and Ret.) are teachers and they do it extraordinarily well.

Welcome, gaijinsamurai.

Roycroft201

doc_mo
07-06-2006, 20:29
Hello,
I'm currently a medic in the 1st ID, Fort Riley. I ran across this site while searching for tips on preparation for SFAS. I ordered Get Selected and signed up for the Free Warrior Tips. JM suggested I sign up here. I look forward to talking to everyone here and learning as much as possible.

12B4S
07-06-2006, 20:43
Hiya dfirsty. Hard to believe TS would say something like that while out shooting. :rolleyes:

gaijinsamurai..... looks like you made Roycroft's day. :D

Welcome all.

CPTAUSRET
07-06-2006, 20:50
Welcome everyone!

Follow the rules; and reap a wealth of knowledge.

Terry

MISSISSIPPIGIRL
07-06-2006, 21:44
Hi yall ..I am a SF wife :lifter Living at Ft.Campbell for the time being....I enjoy lurking around and reading the forums :)

rynich
07-06-2006, 21:57
As SOP I would like to intriduce myself, I work as a defense contractor on the OH-58. I live in a small town with 5 kids and my beautiful wife. I went through SFAS as class 2 of 92 then failed out just a few weeks prior to leaving for Bragg from Ft. Sam. I was in that short window when the Clinton Adim. stopped all recycles so I was given my walking papers. In retrospect if that had not happened I would not have met my wife and be where I am now. Given that I still wish I could have finished what I started. I think Kevin Coster said it best in the movie "Open Range" "There are some things that eat at a man worse then dying". I came to this site in the hopes of finding out about the guys I had trained with and seeing where they are now. I picked up a SF book at "Barnes and Noble" and chuckled to myself to see one of the guys in my class standing on a tarmac in a HALO rig.
With that said, I thank God that this nation has men like yourselves willing to sacrifice and have sacrificed to make sure my children can live free. It is worth it and you are greatly appreciated. I look at this small town I live in and wonder sometimes with some of its troubles is it worth it, many have no idea of the greatness that you achieve in defense of them but it is worth it. Thanks you.
Ryan Nichols (Nick)

gaijinsamurai
07-07-2006, 08:36
Thank you for the words of welcome, Roycroft201! There probably isn't a lot of knowledge I can share with most folks here, but if you ever have questions about living in Japan, please feel free to ask!

The Reaper
07-07-2006, 08:37
Thank you for the words of welcome, Roycroft201! There probably isn't a lot of knowledge I can share with most folks here, but if you ever have questions about living in Japan, please feel free to ask!

Not many opportunities to enjoy firearms or recreational shooting there, are there?

TR

Bill Harsey
07-07-2006, 10:13
Hello, everyone! My name is Andy. I'm from Oregon and currently live in Japan. 6 years USMC and 5 years Oregon National Guard. I was also a parole officer in Oregon for five years. I probably won't make a lot of posts for a while, as I'd like to read and "get a feel" for this forum. I always had a lot of respect for Special Forces, SEALS, Marine Recon, and all the other elites.
I have a BA in Political Science and International Studies from the University of Oregon, and have lived and worked abroad extensively, mostly in Central America, The Middle East, and Japan & South Korea. I've been an English teacher in Japan since 2002.
I also am a member of "militaryphotos.net" and Wehrmacht awards.com" discussion groups.
Hobbies include firearms collecting and shooting, collecting militaria, and reading/discussing history and current events.

Andy H
Another tie-dye wearing hippie from Oregon.

Welcome aboard.

right azimuth
07-07-2006, 12:40
Was searching for some info last night and found myself on this site. Then felt compelled to post. Read through a couple of threads and found a discussion about my class so I decide to officially come aboard.
i am a recent selectee from SFAS class706. I also had the unique pleasure of attending SOPC as a non-18 Xray. There will be those who don't believe it and I can tell you that it was hard to get SWC CIF to get it either. Regardless, this looks like a class act and I don't have much to say outside my prior service experience or what I have accomplished so far but look forward to reading and learning as I go. Got a short break before I gotta stick that ruck back on and head back up the hill.
Thanks
T

NousDefionsDoc
07-07-2006, 16:49
Was searching for some info last night and found myself on this site. Then felt compelled to post. Read through a couple of threads and found a discussion about my class so I decide to officially come aboard.
i am a recent selectee from SFAS class706. I also had the unique pleasure of attending SOPC as a non-18 Xray. There will be those who don't believe it and I can tell you that it was hard to get SWC CIF to get it either. Regardless, this looks like a class act and I don't have much to say outside my prior service experience or what I have accomplished so far but look forward to reading and learning as I go. Got a short break before I gotta stick that ruck back on and head back up the hill.
Thanks
T
Fill in your damn profile.

irtusk
07-07-2006, 22:48
hi

just ran across this site from the dragonskin thread on tanknet and felt compelled to comment, sorry ;)

12B4S
07-08-2006, 00:55
Hi yall ..I am a SF wife :lifter Living at Ft.Campbell for the time being....I enjoy lurking around and reading the forums :)

Now why do I keep getting that Faith Hill song in my head? ;)

Welcome Mississippigirl.............

Weazle23
07-08-2006, 07:30
Welcome aboard all!

JB27
07-08-2006, 11:33
Please excuse my ignorance even though thats not an excuse. I was unaware of the rules and did not check the reply to the first post. I think this is what you told me to do. I am 27 years old with no prior service. I am joining the Army National Guard. I am leaving for basic training on August 9th to go to Fort Benning. I played 2 years college basketball and I am an amateur boxer. I live in Jersey City, NJ and looking forward to going down south for a while. Currently working Security here in J.C.

NousDefionsDoc
07-08-2006, 11:51
Welcome aboard.

Joe-Boo
07-08-2006, 11:56
I am a newly minted CCT and prior Army Infantry and Armor. Also did some recon work. Working with 5th SFG in the future and came on board to gain some more insight into SF culture.

Looks like a good sight.

See you in the fight...

NousDefionsDoc
07-08-2006, 12:02
I am a newly minted CCT and prior Army Infantry and Armor. Also did some recon work. Working with 5th SFG in the future and came on board to gain some more insight into SF culture.

Looks like a good sight.

See you in the fight...
Welcome aboard.

Invictus Maneo
07-08-2006, 13:56
Came across this website/forum while doing research.

I am a prior service Marine (Datacomm background) with a break in service to
active duty Army (Engineer). I will be making second trip to SFAS this October.

Thanks for making this an open forum..............

Vojnik
07-08-2006, 17:53
Gentlemen,

11A, O3, 24-day non-select at SFAS. Just trying to learn more information. I have posted a question under the "nonselect" board if someone could provide some insight.

Thanks for your time and help, seems like a wealth of knowledge is on this board.

LeakyBandage
07-08-2006, 23:37
Hello to all at ProfessionalSoldiers.com

I am a control systems engineer who works EMS on the side. I found this site while researching trauma care. I have taken a wide variety of firearms & self-defense courses and have focused this year's formal training on medical and non-firearm combatives. The latest med course I took was ATLS and the latest combatives course I had was with Dennis Martin of the UK.

I am an NRA pistol instructor and get to provide initial (and sometimes the only) basic firearms training to other civvies. I do my best to give them a good start.

Every experience is a training opportunity. I read a lot here and post very little. Thank you for the wealth of expertise & professionalism available at this site.