PDA

View Full Version : Introductions I I- Your first post on this board goes here. (CLOSED)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

GulfVSAR
05-03-2006, 05:11
greetings.

I'm Dan, from Tallahassee. Close to 4.5 years now as an 11B in the FLARNG, 3/124th INF, will be a civvie in June (medical LOD injury.)

OIF 1 from Feb 2003-2004. Crossed the berm, did 8 months on the streets. If you ever read the book "The Last True Story I'll Ever Tell", that was my company. I was present for all events in that book AFTER we got to baghdad (our platoons were seperated all over the country before that). Came back and cofounded the Iraq War Veterans Organization (http://www.iraqwarveterans.org), now lobbying for them as their national legislative director. It's a non-partisan, non-profit veterans service organization open to all operation iraq freedom veterans. I enjoy it there because it's truly non-partisan: we have far-leftwingers, and far-right wingers, and we all get along, because we focus on what matters: supporting our veterans and current troops in actions, not just words.

What else, finishing my BS in Political Science at FSU, with an emphasis on public policy and national defense policy. I'm in the process right now of starting what I call Gulf VSAR: Gulf Volunteer Search and Rescue. It's a non-profit organization I came up with at a bar one night with some of my buddies from my unit. Basically, it links pilots (like me), with aircraft owners, with medics, ground crew and volunteers. When an active SAR alert comes up, and alert roster is developed and checked, and we will link together an aerial SAR crew- pilot, medic, ground crew/trans, and aircraft owner. Everyone (in theory) gets reimbursed for their time through FAR 61.113 (7)(e). It's tougher than I thought to get started though: it's basically like I'm starting a business from scratch, only with no income and no money yet, so it's taken a back-burner, but it's still moving. I'm slowly formulating the SOPs: I want everything possible to be finished before I present it to the world. Any help I can find on here would be much appreciated.

As for SF, I never was in. I don't think I have quite the personality required for SF. The closest we came was being QRF for 5th SFG in Iraq, for which we earned the special forces combat patch. For respect reasons, I choose not to wear it. I don't want to be confused with an actual QP.

Hope I got this introduction right thus far.

SF Trainee
05-03-2006, 18:01
Gentlemen -

I have been a longtime lurker and have received lots of worthwhile information and advice from this site. I was recommended to the site by a QP who has served as my mentor over the past couple of years.

A few things about me. Graduated from The Citadel in Class of 03, and due to the wonderful accessions process, commissioned into the CSS field. Fortunately, I was surrounded by wonderful NCOs who guided me in the right directions (overcoming my branch stereotypes). Swapped Germany to get Fort Bragg so I could train and prepare for my ultimate goal: Attending and graduating SFAS.

Arrived Bragg 04, waited a year for BAC(well worth the wait), and ultimately made my way over to the sandbox. I am currently awaiting my course dates for SFAS as I have been selected by the DA board for attendance at Selection.

I know this is just the beginning. I look forward to continue lurking, and learning. I appreciate all the QP's out there and their guidance but especially Basenshukai for his mentorship.

ST

"Make it Worth it"

NousDefionsDoc
05-03-2006, 18:07
Gentlemen -

I have been a longtime lurker and have received lots of worthwhile information and advice from this site. I was recommended to the site by a QP who has served as my mentor over the past couple of years.

A few things about me. Graduated from The Citadel in Class of 03, and due to the wonderful accessions process, commissioned into the CSS field. Fortunately, I was surrounded by wonderful NCOs who guided me in the right directions (overcoming my branch stereotypes). Swapped Germany to get Fort Bragg so I could train and prepare for my ultimate goal: Attending and graduating SFAS.

Arrived Bragg 04, waited a year for BAC(well worth the wait), and ultimately made my way over to the sandbox. I am currently awaiting my course dates for SFAS as I have been selected by the DA board for attendance at Selection.

I know this is just the beginning. I look forward to continue lurking, and learning. I appreciate all the QP's out there and their guidance but especially Basenshukai for his mentorship.

ST

"Make it Worth it"

Welcome. While you're lurking, be thinking of a new user name that does not include "SF", "Special Forces" or any such until you have earned it. When you decide, PM it to an admin and we'll change it for you. Don't tarry.

NousDefionsDoc
05-03-2006, 18:08
Oh, and do have a nice day.

CMC713
05-03-2006, 18:15
thanks for all the contributions to all the mentors on this site.
I'm an 18x who leaves July 13th for basic training.
thanks, I will be lurking

82ndsig
05-03-2006, 20:24
Hello,
I'm an old guy, 39. I've spent some time in the 82nd (A co 82Sig), some time in the reserves (12B), and recently some time in the NG (11B). I was deployed in OIF3, did alot of patrolling around Balad. I am an RN in a cardiac center in Wisconsin, and an EMT/Firefighter. I took a 14 year break when 911 happened, I thought it would be a good idea to get involved again, I thought I would be the only old guy re-upping but I was wrong. I met alot of guys just like me along my tour that thought exactly the same thing about getting involved again. I like to run, lift, bike, swim, shoot, hunt, trout fish, etc.
Thanks
Tim

dangerman
05-03-2006, 22:25
Gypsy,

its nice to be back, but to be honest I would kind of like to redeploy once the Guard lets us go back. Also seriously debating the idea of going active to redeploy. Anyway, thanks again. Hope to talk more to you soon.

SalCa02
05-04-2006, 01:19
I just want to say thanks to all of you QP's that run this site. I have only recently discovered this site thanks to "Get Selected" and have in a day already learned so much. I am going to take it one step at a time and stay focused on the 25 meter target. I will be leaving for Benning soon, so I want to learn as much as possible before I go. Thanks for allowing to be a part of your forum.

SalCa02

RynoMc
05-04-2006, 10:50
Hello Professionals,

A civvie here, doing recon on 18X enlistment option. Been lurking for a while and I am in awe of the sheer magnitude of insightful, experienced, valuable knowledge that is shared through this forum. I have the utmost respect for SF personnel (not to mention all of our service men & women). It takes a special breed to do what you do, and we all owe you a debt of gratitude.

My main purpose in being involved with this forum is to garner all the knowlege I can about what it means to be in the US Army Special Forces. I have a wife & 2 kids, so I don't take the decision to join lightly. I hope to prove that I have what it takes to be essential to an ODA and do my part to defend this great nation from evil and to help those outside her borders to establish freedom of their own.

Thank you for all you do for me, my family, and my fellow citizens. And thank you for allowing me to be a guest in your home.

Ryno

Peekay80
05-04-2006, 12:16
ALCON -

Peekay80 checking in as replacement for SF Trainee. My apologies for any dismay with my previous screenname.

Respectfully,

PK

B 2/75
05-04-2006, 15:34
Howdy, Folks

Several of you will know me... I'm B 2/75 from several other boards, up until about 3 years ago I used Czar as my screen name. I'm getting a bit long in the tooth, going on 29 years service, currently I'm in the J32 at SOCOM, was the Dep J9 at the CJSOTF-AP for OIF 1, was in D 96th CA, and of course B 2/75. Those are the SOF assignments, anyway. I've other experiences in the INF, CAV, and ARTY. I'm a DLI Italian speaker, married to an Italian, and have 2 small (5 & 6) kids, and live in panhandle Florida. Anyway, good to be here, and hopefully I can be allowed to sit quietly over here in the corner. :)

Regards,
John

CPTAUSRET
05-04-2006, 16:53
Howdy, Folks

Several of you will know me... I'm B 2/75 from several other boards, up until about 3 years ago I used Czar as my screen name. I'm getting a bit long in the tooth, going on 29 years service, currently I'm in the J32 at SOCOM, was the Dep J9 at the CJSOTF-AP for OIF 1, was in D 96th CA, and of course B 2/75. Those are the SOF assignments, anyway. I've other experiences in the INF, CAV, and ARTY. I'm a DLI Italian speaker, married to an Italian, and have 2 small (5 & 6) kids, and live in panhandle Florida. Anyway, good to be here, and hopefully I can be allowed to sit quietly over here in the corner. :)

Regards,
John

John:

Welcome aboard, hope all is well with you and your family.

Terry

NousDefionsDoc
05-04-2006, 17:45
ALCON -

Peekay80 checking in as replacement for SF Trainee. My apologies for any dismay with my previous screenname.

Respectfully,

PK
Good to see you un-fooked yourself Sir.

Welcome aboard.

NousDefionsDoc
05-04-2006, 17:47
Howdy, Folks

Regards,
John
Welcome aboard John. Long time no see.

Sneaky

Gypsy
05-04-2006, 17:55
Gypsy,

its nice to be back, but to be honest I would kind of like to redeploy once the Guard lets us go back. Also seriously debating the idea of going active to redeploy. Anyway, thanks again. Hope to talk more to you soon.

You're welcome, and when you go back stay safe. Aloha.

Welcome to all. John, it's nice to see you here!

blastard
05-05-2006, 19:59
Please let my start by apologizing to all for not introducing my self earlier. I am a Soldier from the 10th MTN DIV, deployed to Iraq in 2005 as an 88M with the 57th Transportation Company. I attended SFAS on 06, will attend SFQC soon. I am from Puerto Rico borne and raise, my wife and I have two daughters the oldest is 4 and 18 months the youngest. We can't wait to PCS to Ft Bragg and have some good weather for a change, it gets cold, cold, cold in Ft Drum.

I am always seeking self improvement and humble, so thank you all for any corrections or constructive criticisms

hope you all have a great weekend !

Respectfully,
Blastard

EOD Ghost
05-06-2006, 09:56
Hi All,

I'm an ex-Army Officer, 10 years active duty as an "O", 3 1/2 years in the army reserves as a young enlisted man. I did both beach parties, Desert Shield/Storm and OIF in the process and spent some time in the 82nd Abn Div as an infantry officer and a maintenance puke, extended tour in Korea and finished up as an EOD Officer.

I took a hiatus from the military about a year and a half ago and tried to be a normal civilian but started realizing how much I missed the people and serving my country.

I just signed on to be a contractor for 12 months in Iraq and I am looking forward to working with soldiers again and doing my small part to help out.

Warrior-Mentor
05-06-2006, 19:20
After acheiving success at Ranger School and retruning to my unit a tabbed, and more importantly, reformed soldier, I intend on fulfilling my dreams and volunteering for the SFAS course through the standard recruiting pipeline.

Glad you want to be deliberate about your preparation for SF...food for thought...recommend you go to SFAS after a year or two in the airborne if that's the way you want to go...but NOT go to Ranger School until after SFQC...

Why?

Most units require you to stay with them for 1-2 years after completing Ranger School. By then you'll have 4-5 years in the Army...and still have the entire SF Pipeline in front of you. Would recommend going to Ranger School after completing SFQC (at first opportunity, without missing a unit deployment).

My .02.

Regardless of what you decide, best of luck and welcome aboard.
JM

I bought GET SELECTED! last year, and combined with several other resources, I have to say it was probably one of the best purchases I've ever made. It's a pity that it has not been mass-marketed as much as some of the other less-useful works on preparing for a future in the combat arms branches of the military in general.

P.S. Thanks for the plug. :D

10thMountainDoc
05-07-2006, 14:00
A quick introduction, I'm a line medic in the 10th MTN DIV, have been for about 2 1/2 years now. I really enjoy my job, and my goal is to ultimately become an emergence medicine physician assistant. Right now I'm just focusing on the 25 meter target, which is preparing for the next trip to Iraq. I would really like to serve as a PA for SF eventually, but that is something that would be quite a few years down the road. Right now the goal is to bring the 11B's back safely.

Delta04
05-07-2006, 14:57
Hello Everyone,

Thank ya'll for letting me be apart of this site. My name is Jamie. I heard about this site while I was at SFAS. Unfortunatly I was a nonselect but that gives me the opportunity to fix were I am weak. I will be deploying in the next year and I can't wait to get back from deployment so I can give it another shot at SFAS. I hope to better myself on this site so I won't make the same mistakes twice.

- Jamie

The Reaper
05-07-2006, 15:01
Welcome and good luck, gents.

Look around and do some reading, use the search button if you have any questions.

Hope that you find the site of benefit.

TR

Jaeger1980
05-08-2006, 05:55
Hello QPs!

Thank you for allowing me to be a guest in your outstanding forum.
I'm a 25 y/o german with great admiration for SF. I love beeing in close touch with nature, used to be a boy scout when I was a kid, and I served in the Bundeswehr as an enlisted man. I stumbled across this site while doing some research into SF and I'm impressed by the information it has to offer as well as the attitudes of you QPs.

Yours respectfully
Jäger

(Please excuse my bad english grammar.)

Jack Moroney (RIP)
05-08-2006, 13:43
Please excuse my bad english grammar.)

Ihre Englisch ist ausgezeichnet. Willkommen!

sta8541
05-08-2006, 16:22
Hello all,

First, thanks for the opportunity to review all of the information available here...it is most helpful. I am a 31 year old prior active duty (USMC) Recon Scout. I am sniper and recon qualified and spent some time in the South Carolina NG after leaving active duty as a infantry scout. My goal is to be ready to join the 20th Special Forces Group later in the year (have been talking with the recruiter and busting my hump with the PT and cross-country marches) and am looking for other individuals in the Greenville area that may already be in the unit that can help me in making some "educated" decisions.

Again, thank you.

Warrior-Mentor
05-08-2006, 18:03
Welcome aboard John. Long time no see.

Sneaky

Hey Doc,
We didn't ask, so please don't tell. :eek:

You might want to keep the XX's and OO's to PMs...
people might start to talk. :p

JM

NousDefionsDoc
05-08-2006, 18:35
Hey Doc,
We didn't ask, so please don't tell. :eek:

You might want to keep the XX's and OO's to PMs...
people might start to talk. :p

JM
Are you questioning the patient-Medic relationship Sir? Mmm, have you out-processed your losing unit TMC or in-processed the TMC at the gaining unit? Have our shot records in hand already do we?

They say SF is a small community - would that make SF Medics a tiny community?;)

Ambush Master
05-08-2006, 18:43
Howdy, Folks

Regards,
John

Is this Major Sweetcheeks?!?!?!?!:D :munchin

Warrior-Mentor
05-08-2006, 19:36
Are you questioning the patient-Medic relationship Sir? Mmm, have you out-processed your losing unit TMC or in-processed the TMC at the gaining unit? Have our shot records in hand already do we?

They say SF is a small community - would that make SF Medics a tiny community?;)

Just hoping he hasn't been volunteering for digital rectal exams... ;)

Boumaye
05-09-2006, 02:54
Hey, Future Soldier Here

Want to become SF...De Opressor Liber

I've scored 99 on my ASVAB, have a 254 PFT score, played football, ran track, received full academic scholarship but decided I didn' twant to sit in class for four years. 35 college credits. Fluent in Spanish. Been to 12 Foreign Countries...but i'm 18 and a half.

Signed up for Airborne-Ranger but hoping I can RENO and get 18x. That is why I signed up, not to be ranger, nor infantry, nor anything else, but De Oppresor Liber sums up my personal motto.

My accomplishments in no way qualify me, but it is my desire to be Special Forces. We will see If I have what it takes, but my mind is sharp, my body is fresh, and my heart is willing...

dave13
05-09-2006, 03:50
Hello, my name is David I am going to take the oath of enlistment(joining the Army) on May 18th and I'll have further details later when I get them. Yes I do want to become SF and that is one reason why I have registered with this forum.

Thanks and have a nice day,

David

Jack Moroney (RIP)
05-09-2006, 05:10
[QUOTE=Boumaye]Hey, Future Soldier Here

Been to 12 Foreign Countries...QUOTE]

Yep and I've been to a county fair but I don't know of anyone other than you that has the motto De Opressor Liber. By the way, every SF soldier is basically an Airborne-Infantry soldier with honed Ranger skills as his basic building block.

Kyobanim
05-09-2006, 05:18
Hey, Future Soldier Here

I've scored 99 on my ASVAB, have a 254 PFT score, played football, ran track, received full academic scholarship but decided I didn' twant to sit in class for four years. 35 college credits. Fluent in Spanish. Been to 12 Foreign Countries...but i'm 18 and a half.

Signed up for Airborne-Ranger but hoping I can RENO and get 18x. That is why I signed up, not to be ranger, nor infantry, nor anything else, but De Oppresor Liber sums up my personal motto.

My accomplishments in no way qualify me, but it is my desire to be Special Forces. We will see If I have what it takes, but my mind is sharp, my body is fresh, and my heart is willing...

Fill out your profile.

jon448
05-09-2006, 06:16

The 18 and a half could be a problem. Recently(not exactly sure when) they bumped the 18x age up to a minimum of 20. Sorry to break it to you.

The Reaper
05-09-2006, 09:23
Hey, Future Soldier Here

Depending on your MOS, you could be looking at up to two years of alternating classroom and field instruction. I don't know about you, but I still try to learn something new every day.

Your PT score is a bit low for SF as well. You need to identify your weakness and focus on improving it.

Finally, we are not taking 18 1/2 year olds into the program anymore. Too immature, in most cases, and IIRC, we require some college now for 18Xs.

Good luck.

TR

USMCFDC
05-09-2006, 14:33
hello all. My name is Jeremiah Waller, Im a member of the United States Marine Corps Delayed Entry Program; my ship date for MCRD San Diego is 8/7/06. Im here for some answers regarding US army special forces, as well as to hopefully meet likeminded people regarding specwar. Many of my questions unfortunately would require opsec to be violated to be answered, so Ill try and keep the ignorance of my curiosity to a minimum. Thank you, and Ill see you on the boards.

The Reaper
05-09-2006, 14:38
hello all. My name is Jeremiah Waller, Im a member of the United States Marine Corps Delayed Entry Program; my ship date for MCRD San Diego is 8/7/06. Im here for some answers regarding US army special forces, as well as to hopefully meet likeminded people regarding specwar. Many of my questions unfortunately would require opsec to be violated to be answered, so Ill try and keep the ignorance of my curiosity to a minimum. Thank you, and Ill see you on the boards.

Jeremiah:

How about doing some reading here, especially the intros and stickies, fill in your profile, and avoid asking stupid questions about classified organizations on a public board.

If we knew, the answer, we wouldn't tell you. Frankly, you do not have a need to know anyway.

Oops, too late! Better luck next time.

TR

Team Sergeant
05-09-2006, 14:44
Jeremiah:

How about doing some reading here, especially the intros and stickies, fill in your profile, and avoid asking stupid questions about classified organizations on a public board.

If we knew, the answer, we wouldn't tell you. Frankly, you do not have a need to know anyway.

Oops, too late! Better luck next time.

TR

101 on "How to get Banned in less than 3 minutes."

Post before reading stickies, FTFSI.

Post about a topic we do not discuss, before reading stickies and before an intro, and not using upper case letters for Special Forces, Banning.

Have a very SF day.

Team Sergeant

paramedicfred
05-09-2006, 14:45
I had initially introduced myself in Dec. but I have been away for awhile. Nothing overly dramatic, I just have been super busy. So, I thought I had better introduce myself again.
I am currently a paramedic in a very busy 911 service and I am attached to the SWAT team as a SWAT medic. I am not a sworn officer but they are sending me to the next reserve school so I can became an operator for the team as well as one of their medics. I have worked in EMS for 10 years 7 as a paramedic and been on SWAT for just over a year.
I served in the 101st as an infantryman and in the 82nd as a parachute rigger.
I appreciate the opportunity you have all given me to gain from your experience and knowledge.
I guess I owe the group a case of beer, don't I?

NousDefionsDoc
05-09-2006, 15:10
101 on "How to get Banned in less than 3 minutes."

Post before reading stickies, FTFSI.

Post about a topic we do not discuss, before reading stickies and before an intro, and not using upper case letters for Special Forces, Banning.

Have a very SF day.

Team Sergeant

I could have prophesied that one!

Lumberg
05-09-2006, 16:52
Hi,

First of all I wanted to say thank you for letting me be a guest on this forum. Now a little about me, I am stationed at Ft Stewart. I went to SFAS this January but I broke my foot on day one and was dropped on day six to have surgery on it. I have started my training up again and everything is good. I plan on attending the September class this year. That is all I have for now. If any of you have any questions feel free to ask.

NousDefionsDoc
05-09-2006, 17:00
Hi,

First of all I wanted to say thank you for letting me be a guest on this forum. Now a little about me, I am stationed at Ft Stewart. I went to SFAS this January but I broke my foot on day one and was dropped on day six to have surgery on it. I have started my training up again and everything is good. I plan on attending the September class this year. That is all I have for now. If any of you have any questions feel free to ask.
Hard luck that on Day 1. Welcome aboard and better luck in September. Be ready.

tanman
05-09-2006, 17:09
Hey Guys,

First of all, I want to thank the creator(s) of this site. It has proven to be an invaluable source of information on the SF community.

I am a current 18D student, and am slotted to learn Tagalog, so I can only assume that I will be going to 1st Group.

I have been in the military for almost 10 yrs, holding infantry, artillery, and engineer MOS experience. (Must be the reason I was selected for 18D!!)

Any advice or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Tanman

Warrior-Mentor
05-09-2006, 18:10
I went to SFAS this January but I broke my foot on day one and was dropped on day six to have surgery on it.

How did you break your foot on Day 1?

Just curious....perhaps your lesson learned can help others from falling victim to the same fate...

Lumberg
05-09-2006, 19:03
Hard luck that on Day 1. Welcome aboard and better luck in September. Be ready.

Always ready...just need to wait a few months to see if it heals fine and to get back into shape.

How did you break your foot on Day 1?

Just curious....perhaps your lesson learned can help others from falling victim to the same fate...

I stepped in a hole wrong on my first ruck march. It was already dark out when we started and just didn't see the hole. I broke my 3rd metatarsal. It snapped in the middle. Just beware of where you step.

C46thVA
05-09-2006, 19:18
Hello,

Thanks for having me and my compliments on an excellent BB. I served as an infantry soldier from 90 to 96, during that time I served in Korea (5/20 Inf) Ft Stewart GA (2/7 Inf) and Germany (4/12 Inf) I left the service because my wife swore she would leave if I didnt. Stupid me, should have seen it coming. Two months later she left anyway. I decided to go back in but my plans were changed by a car accident. Enough of my whining.:boohoo
My primary reason for coming here was my interest in US Military history, more specificaly, an interest in the history of Special Forces. If I make it into a Post Grad program my thesis will most likely deal with some aspect of the role of Special Forces in Vietnam. Ultimately I hope to get a civillian job at The Center for Military History.
Any posts I make here will most likely deal with some aspect of SF history ( OPSEC will never be an issue I assure you). Im fairly well read on the subject so I will do my level best not to ask any stupid questions.
Im hoping through this board to come into contact with some of the old school SF types Im hoping are out there.
As a side note, Ive been collecting SF related militaria for about 8 years now, focusing on the pre-Vietnam and Vietnam period. Ive managed to collect a number of uniforms from the period and would be happy to share pics of my collection with any like minded collectors. The pride and joy of my collection is a uniform jacket from a soldier assigned to the 77th Grp. Its a 50s era Ike jacket with the old teal and gold airborne tab. I have the owners name and am currently researching his career.
I just realized that I havent filled out my profile (Ithought I filled it out when I registerd some months ago but I guess I didnt, I know I know, attention to detail) correcting that as soon as I finish typing this.
Finally, without sounding too much like a cheese eating pouge (hard to do I know), Id like to thank all the "Quiet Professionals" out there for laying it on the line and taking care of business as only you guys can.
Thanks, JW

Surgicalcric
05-09-2006, 19:23
Hello all,

...My goal is to be ready to join the 20th Special Forces Group later in the year (have been talking with the recruiter and busting my hump with the PT and cross-country marches) and am looking for other individuals in the Greenville area that may already be in the unit that can help me in making some "educated" decisions.

Again, thank you.

Welcome.

From the "Greenville area" as well as Aco 1/20th in Auburn, Ala. If I can help let me know.

Crip

Warrior-Mentor
05-09-2006, 19:43
Hello,
If I make it into a Post Grad program my thesis will most likely deal with some aspect of the role of Special Forces in Vietnam.

Look into the history surrounding Lang Vei.

C46thVA
05-09-2006, 20:25
Well, Ive read "Night of the Silver Stars" and also SGM Craigs book, "TEAM SGT,a Special Forces NCO at Lang Vei" along with numerous articles and interviews. If you could suggest any others I would appreciate it. Also there is a new book out on Special Forces CIDG camps that has some great maps of the camp and the battle that followed. Its funny you should mention it, it was a story of this battle in a book called "Seven firefights in Vietnam" that started my interest in SF's "adventures" in that war (that and the 1965 Natl Geo story of the Montagnard rebellion).
Ive always found the Marines reluctance to come to the aid of the camp perplexing. Thank god the SOG guys at Khe San took matters into thier own hands. Sorry for the spelling errors but Im really tired.
It may seem like a bad idea considering Hollywoods treatment of the war in Vietnam but I always thought that this battle would make an excellent film.
Im actually considering working on a history of Project Delta for my thesis. Of all of the "special projects" including SOG, Project Delta seems to be the one with the least written about it. Ive always thought this was sad because those guys in Delta pioneered the special recon mission in Vietnam. The Recondo School for instance was a direct out growth of Deltas experiences. Col Beckwith, in his book covers the subject somewhat as does Leigh Wade in "The protected will never know", but as far as I know no definative study of Project Delta has been published.
JW

Warrior-Mentor
05-09-2006, 22:02
You're right. If done properly, it would make a great movie.
I'll have to see if I can find any of the references I've read on it.

Razor
05-10-2006, 10:09
There's an SF soldier that served in Project Delta that has recounted his SF (and beyond) experience in an on-line 'book'. Check out http://www.don-valentine.com/gruntp.htm if you're interested. Its a pretty long read, but interesting.

Cyclops
05-10-2006, 12:19
Hi all.

I was referred here by SSFD. I am one of the moderators over on lightfighter.net and I'm currently in the military. My background is purely light Infantry, and I did a stint in recruiting. I hope to soak in as much knowledge as I can as well as contribute as much as I am able. I look forward to being here.

The Reaper
05-10-2006, 12:24
Hi all.

I was referred here by SSFD. I am one of the moderators over on lightfighter.net and I'm currently in the military. My background is purely light Infantry, and I did a stint in recruiting. I hope to soak in as much knowledge as I can as well as contribute as much as I am able. I look forward to being here.

Cyclops:

Go Bobcats!

Welcome aboard.

TR

Cyclops
05-10-2006, 12:49
Cyclops:

Go Bobcats!

Welcome aboard.

TR

"I'll Try Sir!!!!"

CPTAUSRET
05-10-2006, 13:19
Welcome aboard, everybody!

Terry

C46thVA
05-10-2006, 14:10
There's an SF soldier that served in Project Delta that has recounted his SF (and beyond) experience in an on-line 'book'. Check out http://www.don-valentine.com/gruntp.htm if you're interested. Its a pretty long read, but interesting.

Its long alright. I tried to print the whole thing out some time ago, Im not sure if my printer ever really recovered. I think I saw some photos of Don Valentine while he was in Laos with White Star. I found them at www.sflistteamhouse.com. Im pretty sure those pics were not included in the online book.

AaronO.
05-10-2006, 14:22
Good day Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am currently DEP with a Seaman/SEAL contract. I have the utmost respect for all men and women that choose to server in our fine Service. Even though I am planning on becoming a squid, I was drawn to this site for it's upholding of standards and the wealth of information provided here. Thank you for allowing me in as a guest. Thank you all for your service.

NousDefionsDoc
05-10-2006, 15:45
Hi all.

What's up dude! Good to see you here.

NousDefionsDoc
05-10-2006, 15:50
Good day Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am currently DEP with a Seaman/SEAL contract. I have the utmost respect for all men and women that choose to server in our fine Service. Even though I am planning on becoming a squid, I was drawn to this site for it's upholding of standards and the wealth of information provided here. Thank you for allowing me in as a guest. Thank you all for your service.
Welcome aboard Squid Wannabe. Be ready.

When do you ship?

BigBaby
05-10-2006, 23:12
hello all... first and foremost i want to say thank you gentlemen for allowing me to be in the presence of something so moving. i say that because i am a very sensitive individual... all passion, and no patience. but i am trying to gain more of that virtue. please empathize as i reveal so much of my intimates...

to start, i did serve my country after being the child to two soldiers: congrats Mom on your promotion to light Colonel. my time in the military was a bit lame in comparison to the men i have viewed on this site. i joined the infantry and right after jump school got a cushy Hollywood position: While the Old Guard is an honorable job, i still feel that something is missing.

this will be my last year in college and i will be getting a commission thru the ROTC program at the University of Texas San Antonio. as time is coming to and end for my college career, i am beginning to hear voices in my head (hopefully that will not bar my ability to pass the pscho-evals?). most of the time however i find that i am doubting my abilities: and i am quite aware that i am my greatest motivator. its not so much a fear of the unknown, but more so the things that i tell myself once i am in the know: kinda like the questions and answers you ask yourself on a ruck-run or the first jump... understand however; i am in no way a "quitter"... "they" will have to kick me out based on my intellectual shortcomings, medical condition, or so on before i give up.

i am greatful that there is a site like this where i can sit back and take in as much as i want without having to give too much in return. i am quickly learning that you men will answer the questions in my head for me as(hopefully) i will not be afraid to answer my call to greatness: mostly though they are unformulated questions just swirling around looking for answers and solutions - the likes of which that can only be found through loyalty, dedication, and true service to my country. thank you all again for providing such insight to this witness.

quick question: are there many blacks in the world of SF? curious to know what i may be facing as a young african american officer...? maybe that is a rhetorical question.... again please bear with me; don't worry i wont be doing much posting as i am mostly here to gain knowledge.

Brandozen
05-11-2006, 05:48
Ha.... ha.

We don't require remarks like this from the peanut gallery.....

Team Sergeant

Dick Barber
05-11-2006, 06:53
Good morning Gentlemen,

I thank you for operating a forum with discipline. Too many forums are populated with posts full of fluff and nonsense. I am a metallurgist and for the past 10 years or so have been working with the knife making community on dispelling the myths and black magic associated with blades and blade steels. I recently left Crucible Steel, where I had worked for 25 years. During that time I worked with a small number of dedicated folks who cared about high quality knives. I was primarly responsible for the development of CPM S30V which has become the material of choice for tactical knives and is used for the Green Beret knife and all of Strider's offerings. In developing the alloy I consulted many in the special forces community and one statement stuck with me. The knife cannot break because if it does the wrong guy might die. All I can say is if one of our guys is alive and one of theirs dead because of something I have done then my life has been worthwhile.

I am joining this forum to offer help in understanding metals and metallurgy. If I can be of assistance to anyone please do not hesitate to contact me.

I was invited to join this forum by Bill Harsey ( the designer of the Green Beret Knife and Neil Roberts knife).

I am currently looking at how to increase barrel life on sniper rifles.

RTB

The Reaper
05-11-2006, 08:23
Dick:

Welcome aboard, great to see you here!

Feel free to add anything that you would like to our metallurgical knowledge.

As far as barrel life goes, would any of the techniques used with machinegun barrels work without adversely affecting accuracy? In addition to a better steel, is a hammer forged barrel or a lining like chrome or Stellite possible? The FN sniper rifle uses barrels off the M240 line that have been hammer forged and chrome lined.

Just a thought, welcome to PS.com.

TR

Bill Harsey
05-11-2006, 08:31
Welcome aboard Mr. Barber,

As you have observed, this is a unique place. Thank you for checking in, it's great to have you here.

You guys have no idea how indebted Chris Reeve, myself and many others are in the knife business are for Mr. Barber and his crew developing a steel with the extraordinary characteristics for hard use knives that they did.
This is a rare thing for a major steel corporation to focus the kind of time and resources on a knife steel as they did.

Thank you again Sir.

The Reaper
05-11-2006, 08:37
Bill:

I can honestly say that I have at least ten knives made from CPM S30V and I have not been able to break one yet.

In the old days, I used to break quite a few knives, this material is proving to be somewhat more durable.

Thanks, Dick. I think your steel is in the right hands and is making a difference.

TR

CPTAUSRET
05-11-2006, 08:50
Dick Barber:

As has previously been stated, you are welcome, and your efforts are appreciated here.

Terry

BoonDoc
05-11-2006, 09:57
It is nice to have a forum dedicated to barreled chested freedom fighters. I am happy to have stumbled onto this. I miss the team environment and have been out for years. This forum will be a way to keep a pulse on the SF community.
I spent some time in C CO. out of 1SFG. Since then, I have been shining a seat with my ass in grad school, but it beats carrying a medic's ruck.

Bill Harsey
05-11-2006, 10:05
It is nice to have a forum dedicated to barreled chested freedom fighters. I am happy to have stumbled onto this. I miss the team environment and have been out for years. This forum will be a way to keep a pulse on the SF community.
I spent some time in C CO. out of 1SFG. Since then, I have been shining a seat with my ass in grad school, but it beats carrying a medic's ruck.
Welcome aboard Sir.
I grew up 19 miles west of that big hill you see in the east.
Bill

Dick Barber
05-11-2006, 10:24
I thank you all for your welcome to the site.
In terms of attacking barrel wear the failure mode I have seen in the sniper barrels I have looked at is less wear and more heat checking or thermal fatigue. I have made a set of 8 barrel blanks and they are currently being made into some rifles. I expect them back in 6-8 months to cut up and compare to the standard 416R barrels.

I am looking at a similar thought process that is used in attacking die life in aluminum die casting dies. Tougher martensite and clean steel while still being machinable.

As far as lined barrels are concerned I have no direct experiance but it makes sense that Cr lined barrels would combat wear. As stated earlier the failure mode I am looking to eliminate is not really wear but thermal fatigue. I was asked to investigate this problem by George Garner and Duane Dwyer.

NousDefionsDoc
05-11-2006, 11:40
Welcome Mr. Barber. And thank you.

Ambush Master
05-11-2006, 16:14
Welcome aboard Mr. Barber!! I met you at SHOT 2005. Chris introduced us while he was cleaning your knife at his booth.

If you have any questions about the site, give a shout.

Later
Martin

Hagen
05-11-2006, 21:41
HI im new here i thought i would post up. Im a high school student who signed an 18x contract before they phased it out this year. Im currently in an JROTC program as the battalion commander not that its that big of an accomplishment but i would like to think so haha. anyway thanks for allowing me into your site i think it looks awesome.

usmc1069
05-11-2006, 22:25
Everyone.... I am proud to join this site! I have served the last 8 years in the Marines as an 0321 Recon Marine and spent the last 3 years in Iraq (one of those years as an IC with a PMC). I currently own a Real Estate Investment firm and am a Mortgage Banker (Marines for country, duty and fun; Real Estate for money and fun!!). I look forward to the contacts and new friendships to made on this site!

Semper Fidelis

SSGT Sheets

12B4S
05-11-2006, 22:29
Welcome to the site usmc1069. This is a friend of my daughter. So don't be toooooo hard on him....... at first. :rolleyes: Enjoy this fantastic site.

Cyclops
05-12-2006, 12:20
What's up dude! Good to see you here.

I'm glad you mentioned this place to me. It's pretty squared away. Like a breath of fresh air. :D

Peregrino
05-12-2006, 13:12
HI im new here i thought i would post up. Im a high school student who signed an 18x contract before they phased it out this year. Im currently in an JROTC program as the battalion commander not that its that big of an accomplishment but i would like to think so haha. anyway thanks for allowing me into your site i think it looks awesome.

Welcome to PS.com. Congratulations on your 18X contract. That's the first step of a long and arduous journey. You are about to enter a different world that you appear completely unprepared for. Any hopes you may have of succeeding in our world will depend on how well you perform. Simple things like choosing a screen name and using proper grammer and punctuation tell us more about you than you would believe. If you expect to succeed you will need to spend the time between now and your report date preparing yourself. If you want to be taken seriously work on SA (situational awareness) and presentation. Every time you post here the QPs will be judging you based on maturity, ATD (attention to detail), and SA. Learn to look at every interaction you have with ANYBODY (especially on this board) as an opportunity to "sell" yourself. Most of the external resources to aid you in your quest are available here if you spend the time/effort to research, read, and apply what you learn. The internal resources you will need to succeed (character, self-discipline, maturity, and a drive to succeed) are up to you. The reason the 18X requirements were changed is because persons in your age group with similar life experience generally do/did not exhibit the traits we are looking for in sufficient quantity/quality to be worth the effort/resources to train them. It is possible to overcome the odds but you are off to a poor start. (PM an ADMIN when you are ready to pick a screen name you can live with over the long run.) FWIW - Peregrino

NousDefionsDoc
05-12-2006, 14:45
I'm glad you mentioned this place to me. It's pretty squared away. Like a breath of fresh air. :D
There is more than one long gunner on here. Look around, read the rules and enjoy.

Jude
05-12-2006, 16:36
I'm new to the list, and I'm a college student ( insert college-of-your choice here).

thanks, jude

Your silly ass is also gone from here. Shame you didn't bother to find out where you were before you dove off into the deep end. Good luck with that college thing. This I do without remorse. Insert Admin-of-your choice here: NDD

The Reaper
05-12-2006, 18:29
I'm new to the list, and I'm a college student ( insert college-of-your choice here).

thanks, jude

Your silly ass is also gone from here. Shame you didn't bother to find out where you were before you dove off into the deep end. Good luck with that college thing. This I do without remorse. Insert Admin-of-your choice here: NDD

Do people read anything here before they start posting?

I just read Jude's list of posts that he made before his unlamented departure. Talk about zero SA, I am not sure that I would pop onto the board of a group of people I hoped to join who were intolerant of jackassery and start sharing my dumbass way of doing things with them.

IMHO, I would probably read all of the stickies and intros, search and read any of the material that interested me, check out the "Your Ruck is in the Hallway" forum, note the people who got banned and why, offer birthday wishes, learn who not to mess with, and just lay low while dealing with a simple intro and replies to questions asked of me till I got the lay of the land and a hundred posts or so. And not offer my opinion that Israeli commandos cleared bunkers by tossing in loaded Uzis and hoping that they went off and shot everyonne inside.:rolleyes:

Is it the current generation, ADD, "gotta be the center of attention", "Mommy doesn't love me", "Daddy left me", what?

Dayum, people, wake up, GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR FOURTH POINT OF CONTACT, AND GET SMART WITH SOME SA BEFORE OPENING YOUR PIEHOLE!!!

TR

NousDefionsDoc
05-12-2006, 19:01
That lime green text really stands out don't it Boss? Sort of like white light in the jungla. I think that will be my new Ban Color.

Ambush Master
05-12-2006, 19:10
About the same shade as Two Step Charlie!!! Quite fitting!!!

gunnerjohn
05-12-2006, 19:34
Welcome to the forum Dick.
John

The Reaper
05-12-2006, 19:35
That lime green text really stands out don't it Boss? Sort of like white light in the jungla. I think that will be my new Ban Color.

Sounds good, hermano.

"Now some folks, you just cain't reach...."

TR

.Wo0dY.
05-12-2006, 20:05
Hello my names Woody, Im 16 and I've been looking through PS.com for quite sometime, not as a member. Decided it was finally a appropriate time to join and did. Look forward to finding out new things about SF here, and learning so much more that I dont know about.

And yes Ive read the Rules here. Dont plan on breaking them either. I dont want none of the QP's to square one of their foots up my ass. :)

-Woody

bandycpa
05-12-2006, 21:35
Gentlemen,

First off, thanks for allowing me to be a guest in your home. The posts that I've read have been very informative and educational. Thanks for the opportunity, and thanks for all you do.

I am a self-employed CPA in Virginia (staff of 5 total). I am married and have 2 children. I am currently an E-4 in the Virginia Defense Force - 34th Battalion, Highland Brigade (State Guard) (nothing glamorous, mainly an assistant to the S-1).

I have been interested in Special Forces for many years. I admire the philosophy behind the "Quiet Professional" mindset. While you're physical accomplishments are amazing, it's the mental aspect that really drew me to getting the "Get Selected" book (which was very informative regarding mental preparation and focus). The "Get Selected" book mentioned this site as another great reference point. That is what led me here.

I am always looking for methods to improve personally (whether family, business, church or military), and can think of no better way to learn than to study (via the various threads and posts) how you all think, contribute, and respond to the various posts on this site. Already, I see that attention-to-detail, research, and situational awareness are paramount to even getting to stay on the site. Leaders beget leaders, and I hope to hone my own leadership skills through continued reading of the site. I don't know exactly what I can contribute information-wise in return, but I'll be glad to if asked.

Thanks again for all you do, and for putting out a well-designed, disciplined, informative site.

Bandy

Bravo1-3
05-13-2006, 01:39

thanks, jude

NDD, do you think you can get him hooked up at Harvard with your connection? :D

Brandozen
05-13-2006, 03:53
Ha.... ha.

We don't require remarks like this from the peanut gallery.....

Team Sergeant

Could I have gotten away with, "Hardy, har har"?

I would guess not, so I digress and lurk.

No, but you merit a banning. I have zero tolerance for idiots.

Team Sergeant

The Reaper
05-13-2006, 09:04
Could I have gotten away with, "Hardy, har har"?

I would guess not, so I digress and lurk.

You seem to be lacking in situational awareness and your risk assessment is weak.

I do not think that the Team Sergeant will be impressed with your continuing efforts at humor. Posts, especially from new members, should provide value to the discussion, not poor attempts at comedy. Arguing with QPs in their house, and Admins in particular, is ill-advised. You will seldom get the last word here. Check the forum titled "Your Ruck is in the Hall" for further examples of how not to behave.

You strike me as the kind of man who likes to poke sticks at wasp nests, or throw stones at vicious dogs. You are a boy in the jungle attracting attention to himself.

My prediction is for a short visit for you here if you do not catch on quickly.

In case you missed it, this is not your typical internet bulletin board.

Have a very SF day.

TR

zahal_boyscout
05-13-2006, 09:49
new to the list.

The Reaper
05-13-2006, 09:51
new to the list.

And....?

TR

NousDefionsDoc
05-13-2006, 09:54
Everyone.... I am proud to join this site! I have served the last 8 years in the Marines as an 0321 Recon Marine and spent the last 3 years in Iraq (one of those years as an IC with a PMC). I currently own a Real Estate Investment firm and am a Mortgage Banker (Marines for country, duty and fun; Real Estate for money and fun!!). I look forward to the contacts and new friendships to made on this site!

Semper Fidelis

SSGT Sheets

Welcome to the site usmc1069. This is a friend of my daughter. So don't be toooooo hard on him....... at first. :rolleyes: Enjoy this fantastic site.
Welcome aboard Jarhe...Marine.

12B4S - You want anything special for him, just send me a PM. We aim to please.;)

Beckj
05-13-2006, 15:03
Good Afternoon,

I am currently a college student in Brevard North Carolina. I am planning on enlisting in the Army after graduation and am trying to figure out my options. The Special Forces has always interested me and I have tried to read all I can about the selection process.
Military service has runs in my family and most all male members of my family have served in some capacity at one point in time. My father is currently a Commander in the USNR.
I feel that I can achieve anything that I seriously commit myself to. Right now I am trying to decide between an 11b opt 40 contract and an 18x contract. I feel that I could successfully pursue either of these options. I have two years till graduation and have decided to start physically preparing myself this summer.

Thank you all for your service and for this informative website.

Drew

12B4S
05-13-2006, 21:48
Welcome aboard Jarhe...Marine.

12B4S - You want anything special for him, just send me a PM. We aim to please.;)

LOL will do NDD. Have to mull that over some. :D

Hangfire
05-14-2006, 08:54
Greetings

First off I would like to thank the creators of “Quiet Professionals” great site and thanks for your hard work and dedication.

I first found this site while trying to settle a argument with a fellow solider about the definition of “NOUS DEFIONS” when I entered the term into Google “Quiet Professionals” was the first site on the list so after settling the argument I then begin reading the posts in the forum and was amazed at the amount of Knowledge within the forum.

I was brought into the SF community during OEF thanks to a 20th SFG (A) CWO, since then I have been immersed in many aspects of SF community and continue to absorb and practice the knowledge I have been instructed, overheard and observed from some of the best soldiers I have ever meet.

I am currently in the process of moving from the COMMO field into the SOT-A field, but this has been put on hold due to some scheduled playground time in the sand box.

I know I can become a better solider and better asset to the SF community by absorbing the endless amount of experience and knowledge that is shared on this forum. Hopefully one day I can pass this knowledge on to others.

V/r
Hangfire

Bill Harsey
05-14-2006, 08:58
Greetings

First off I would like to thank the creators of “Quite Professionals” great site and thanks for your hard work and dedication.

I first found this site while trying to settle a argument with a fellow solider about the definition of “NOUS DEFIONS” when I entered the term into Google “Quite Professionals” was the first site on the list so after settling the argument I then begin reading the posts in the forum and was amazed at the amount of Knowledge within the forum.

I was brought into the SF community during OEF thanks to a 20th SFG (A) CWO, since then I have been immersed in many aspects of SF community and continue to absorb and practice the knowledge I have been instructed, overheard and observed from some of the best soldiers I have ever meet.

I am currently in the process of moving from the COMMO field into the SOT-A field, but this has been put on hold due to some scheduled playground time in the sand box.

I know I can become a better solider and better asset to the SF community by absorbing the endless amount of experience and knowledge that is shared on this forum. Hopefully one day I can pass this knowledge on to others.

V/r
Hangfire
Hangfire, Welcome aboard.

There is only one definition for "Nous Defions", it's properly spelled NDD and he lives here.

NousDefionsDoc
05-14-2006, 09:05
Hangfire,
It is not "Quite", it is Quiet.

You cannot be "brought into the SF community during OEF thanks to a 20th SFG (A) CWO". You have to earn your own way in and you either are or are not.

Welcome aboard, read the rules and enjoy.

Hangfire
05-14-2006, 09:42
Hangfire,
It is not "Quite", it is Quiet.

Thanks for pointing out the spelling error, I should have caught that. (Post edited)

You cannot be "brought into the SF community during OEF thanks to a 20th SFG (A) CWO". You have to earn your own way in and you either are or are not.

Absolutely!

Welcome aboard, read the rules and enjoy.

Thanks!

The Reaper
05-14-2006, 09:52
Thanks for pointing out the spelling error, I should have caught that. (Post edited)

Then look again, you seem to have missed one.

Your SA and attention to detail seem weak for someone who aspires to be SF and already considers himself part of "the SF community".

Good luck and have a very SF day.

TR

dmgedgoods
05-14-2006, 10:22
Thank you all for such a great website, and thank you for letting me be a part of it. I am happy this is not another lame site with minimal, and misguiding, information.
I am currently seperated from B Co. 319th Sig Bn, and am currently seeking reenlistment. I plan on junking the Reserve option, and going Active. SF has always piqued my interest, and I plan on going to SFAS at some point in this next enlistment.
My hobbies include hiking, biking, running, camping, shooting, and a bit of guitar for good measure.
Thank you for the great site, and I look forward to future conversations with all the Professional Soldiers here and abroad.

God Bless,
McD

kenny
05-14-2006, 11:30
Thank you guys for this web site and allowing me to join, my name is Kenny and i am an 18x leaving June 8th to basic. I have always wanted to be among the best warriors and now i have the opportunity to really go for it and earn the green beret. I have a twin brother who is in BUD/s right now trying to achieve his dream also. i am from northern California.

BobK.
05-14-2006, 16:13
Afternoon, Gents

I feel privileged to lurk and learn here.

I am not nor have I ever been in Special Forces of any kind and am under no illusion of what it takes to serve in you capacity.

My main interest is to learn what I can to better appreciate what you do.

Thanks for letting me tag along for the ride!

BobK

Adam
05-14-2006, 16:20
Quiet Professionals,

I'm a 23 year old E-6 MP in the Michigan Army National Guard nearing the end of my initial 6 year enlistment. I deployed to Iraq for 17 months with the highlight being convoy security. My sights are set on transferring to active duty and immediately attending SFAS. I realize it will be a big step onto active duty and into SFAS but I have time to train and prepare and will do so. I'm finsihing college while recovering from orthopedic knee surgery (result of over training the first time I decided to take the leap) and hope to be strong enough to begin my approach near the end of the current year. I've nothing to prove and am a firm believer in look, listen, learn and as the last is why I'm here you won't hear much from me. Thank you for the knowledge and insight you provide.

Adam

NousDefionsDoc
05-14-2006, 17:07
Thank you guys for this web site and allowing me to join, my name is Kenny and i am an 18x leaving June 8th to basic. I have always wanted to be among the best warriors and now i have the opportunity to really go for it and earn the green beret. I have a twin brother who is in BUD/s right now trying to achieve his dream also. i am from northern California.
What does the 555 stand for?

Jack Moroney (RIP)
05-14-2006, 18:32
What does the 555 stand for?

If he was an 18C I could venture a pretty good guess. I was wondering the same thing:munchin

kenny
05-14-2006, 20:02
Actually it does not mean anything Kenny was taken on socnet so i just stuck with 555 at the end, i guess im just not very creative when it comes to making a name on the internet.

NousDefionsDoc
05-14-2006, 21:00
Ok Kenny, but we'll be watching you mister....

kenny
05-15-2006, 08:51
Looking forward to it Sir. Again thanks for the opportunity to come here and learn.

mpm
05-15-2006, 09:07
Gentlemen,

My ship date for 18X to Fort Benning, GA is 06 JUN 06. At the time of my ship date I will be 26. My background includes a Food and Resource Economics Bachelor's Degree, Master of Agribusines, and an Agricultural Information Technology minor(GIS, remote sensing, etc.). I chose SF in order to pursue a career path in which I desire, not one predetermined from my fields of study in college. I'm a very driven, sometimes stubborn, individual who can be faulted for taking life challenges personally. I'm here to gather as much info as possible to further my success in SF. At this point I have very little to offer this board, so my attendance here will take place in the background.

No prior service.
No immediate ties with current/former SF personnel.

Thank you for the membership,
Matt

AaronO.
05-15-2006, 12:18
Welcome aboard Squid Wannabe. Be ready.

When do you ship?

I am scheduled to depart for RTC 20060627. If all goes according to plan I will be classing up with BUD/S class 263 in March 2007.

Thank you for the advice. I am preparing myself thoroughly. I have done as much homework as possible, but from what I've extracted I am never going to be fully ready for this beating. :(

kwilson7
05-15-2006, 13:41
Hello all,

My name is Kevin Wilson, and I just completed my second year of college as a Mechanical Engineering major. Looking forward to learning more about the SF community and the SFAS/SFQC training. Thanks.

The Reaper
05-15-2006, 13:47
Kevin:

Please fill in your profile.

TR

lksteve
05-15-2006, 15:21
If he was an 18C I could venture a pretty good guess. hmmm...just missing the 40, n'cest pas?

Jack Moroney (RIP)
05-15-2006, 16:19
Yep-triple nickle forty:D

J_Burton
05-15-2006, 16:47
Hello All,

The names J.Burton, and I'm 18 years old. I was introduced to this site from Warrior-Mentor from the Navy SEAL forum. Currently I'm in the DEP program(shipping out Oct. 11th) for the Navy, but my brother and I have been talking and were both thinking about joining the Army with the 18x contract to one day become a SF soldier. He's in Afghanistan now working for AAFES and he's been talking to the SF guys down there and he's pretty pumped up about it. It will take him some time to get in really good shape(maybe around a year), but I'll wait for him that way we both can go together.
Thanks for letting me be apart of this site and I plan on looking around and absorbing in all the good information and asking questions if need be. Thanks!

-J.Burton

DCastro06
05-15-2006, 20:14
Current and former SF Operators:

My name is D.Castro and I am currently a senior in high school and have been wanting to enlist in the Army for as longest as I can remember. My plans are to enlist in the Army after taking the summer off to further prepare myself physically. I wish to enlist with an 11X/Opt. 40 contract. I have set my goals and will persue them to the fullest.

Thank you for your time and your service.

The Reaper
05-15-2006, 20:16
Welcome.

Fill in your profile and do some reading.

TR

MtnGoat
05-15-2006, 20:23
Quiet Professionals,

I'm a 23 year old E-6 MP in the Michigan Army National Guard nearing the end of my initial 6 year enlistment. I deployed to Iraq for 17 months with the highlight being convoy security. My sights are set on transferring to active duty and immediately attending SFAS. I realize it will be a big step onto active duty and into SFAS but I have time to train and prepare and will do so. I'm finsihing college while recovering from orthopedic knee surgery (result of over training the first time I decided to take the leap) and hope to be strong enough to begin my approach near the end of the current year. I've nothing to prove and am a firm believer in look, listen, learn and as the last is why I'm here you won't hear much from me. Thank you for the knowledge and insight you provide.

Adam
Adam Be safe and take of yourself overthere. A step into SF is a big as that first one after that IED going off or Ambush. Get into shape and do some reading here.
Good luck

StrykerPL
05-15-2006, 23:28
Thanks for setting up this site, the information has proven invaluable.

Long story short, I am a career Soldier, enlisted in the Army as an aviator, spent some time in the 82nd, and TF160. Went to OCS, IOBC, and Ranger school. Now, I find myself a PL with the 172d SBCT. I was selected to attend SFAS and am looking at going in June of 07. I'm really looking forward to it, need to get back on that side of the fence. Thanks again

Joe

tag4733
05-16-2006, 12:57
i would just like to say hi to all and thank you for the site. warrior-mentor told us about the site from navseals.com, he said if you serious about SF then come here. a short bio, i am from fort worth tx and will be transfering to either Univ. of Houston or TCU in the fall and will be taking ROTC

Jack Moroney (RIP)
05-16-2006, 13:02
Welcome aboard all. Even those of you who think we offer English as a second language. This is America, fell free to use the shift key on your key board to capitalize the appropriate words.

Team Sergeant
05-16-2006, 13:32
Current and former SF Operators:

Call me an "operator" again and I'll ban you and your entire state.

We are referred to as Special Forces soldiers.

Save the term "operator" for all those that are not Special Forces and that feel a deep need to be referred as "operator" and not "mall security specialist".

Team Sergeant
Special Forces soldier

smp52
05-16-2006, 13:47
Good Afternoon,

I've been a lurker for 6 months and have been reading through your forums. References to this website were made on other forums I visit. I am a Department of Navy civilian who works for the Marine Corps as a quality assurance engineer and auditor. Since I have never served in any of the services, I try to educate myself by reading various sources (books, internet, magazines, etc.) in an attempt to further understand nuances of the military.

My interests range from engineering (what I have studied), military technology, orthopedic biomechanics, current events, history, travel, economics, culture, some exercise, etc.

I appreciate all of you allowing guests and outsiders such as myself to observe and learn in this forum. Thank you, Quiet Professionals for your dedication to this country and maintaining this excellent website, and I wish those aspiring to join your ranks the best of luck for the future challenges that await them.

Regards,
smp52

Bill Harsey
05-16-2006, 15:02
My interests range from engineering (what I have studied), military technology, orthopedic biomechanics, current events, history, travel, economics, culture, some exercise, etc.

Regards,
smp52
smp52, Welcome aboard.

You should be able to find all the clarity or confusion desired on the above listed topics at this website.

Bill

x SF med
05-16-2006, 21:20
i would just like to say hi to all and thank you for the site. warrior-mentor told us about the site from navseals.com, he said if you serious about SF then come here. a short bio, i am from fort worth tx and will be transfering to either Univ. of Houston or TCU in the fall and will be taking ROTC

Tag- As a graduate of SFQC and TCU, I think you need to pay attention to your English classes - your grammar, punctuation, spelling and usage are atrocious. Were you actually accepted at either of the Universities you mentioned? If so, I might have to think twice about renewing my alumni association membership next year.

eerieee
05-17-2006, 08:02
Good Morning,

I came upon this site through google. I have already made the faux pas of posting before introducing myself in the proper forum; my apologies. Currently E-4 in USMCR with line company. College student finishing up BS. Great site with a bunch of information.

Thanks

sf-doc
05-17-2006, 09:27
Hello to all,
My name is Mike McCrudden. I recently retired from the Army after serving 24 years. 20 of those years was in a Special Forces assignment. I have served in the 7th and 20th Groups when I was an enlisted soldier. While I was an 18D, I applied for and was accepted to the Army's Physician Assistant Program. As a PA, I returned to the SF community as the BN PA for 1-10 SFG in Stuttgart. I remained in Stuttgart until my retirement in October 2005. I am currently working as a security contractor overseas.
It is a pleasure to meet all of you.

Doc

CPTAUSRET
05-17-2006, 09:34
Welcome everyone!

Terry

TN FISH
05-17-2006, 22:03
Gentlemen,

I have been reading the board for a while and decided to register and get the initial post out of the way. I mainly just read posts and do searches, and I am about to order "Get Selected for Special Forces".

I really enjoy reading the different training regiments that are posted or anything that is recommended those planning on going to in as an 18x so they will be prepared.

I am 23 years of age and have been playing college football for the last 4 years. I am close to my degree, but do not want to pursue a regular job after college. I always had a drawing interest in the military; primarily the Army. I have been thinking for several years about my career choices and always come back to the Army.

Right now I am in selection for WOFT as an civilian, and was recommended by the battalion board. So now I am just waiting for the USAREC board to meet and decide on June 7th. My nervous energy has me searching this board regularly and developing a plan in case of not being selected on the first go for WOFT.

I am very drawn to you gentleman’s careers and I enjoy reading what all of you have wrote to inform those about SF and the 18x program.

Thank you all again.

The Reaper
05-17-2006, 22:05
Welcome all.

TN Fish, please pay attention to detail and fill in your profile.

TR

Steve Dang
05-17-2006, 23:30
Hello Everyone,
I'm Steve Luong. Currently a senior in HS, going to be graduating this May... I will be a freshman in college at College Station. I plan on signing on with the National Guard in August, and going on from there... I hope that I will be able to contribute to the forums in the near future, as I am learning alot of valuable information off of this forum already.
Thanks!

citboy5672
05-18-2006, 05:57
Hello To All,
My name is Ben and I am a 23 year old police officer for a suburb of Charleston, South Carolina. I graduated from The Citadel in 2004 with a BA in Political Science. I am currently working with a recruiter in order to attain an 18x contract since Special Forces is something I have always wanted to do. I was referred to this site by the book Get Selected for Special Forces which has been an invaluable read. I appreciate the opportunity to be a part of this site.

Thanks,
Ben

XCrunner17
05-18-2006, 20:19
Hi everybody, my name is Brian and I am a senior in High School. I will be heading to college next year and I am majoring in philosophy. After college I am going to enlist in the Army under the Option 40 contract. I have been lurking on this website and Armyranger.com for about a year now learning as much as I can. I want to thank yall for all the help and inspiration i have been able to gather so far.

The Reaper
05-18-2006, 20:22
Hi everybody, my name is Brian and I am a senior in High School. I will be heading to college next year and I am majoring in philosophy. After college I am going to enlist in the Army under the Option 40 contract. I have been lurking on this website and Armyranger.com for about a year now learning as much as I can. I want to thank yall for all the help and inspiration i have been able to gather so far.

Brian:

Welcome aboard.

During your time here, have you noticed that we ask people to fill in their profiles?

TR

Warrior-Mentor
05-19-2006, 08:55
TR,
Perhaps we could ask Dan to add an auto-reponder to the site so when guys register it sends them an automatic e-mail and/or PM telling them welcome, fill out your profile, post an intro before posting elsewhere, etc...

Then again, it might cut your post count in half...

The Reaper
05-19-2006, 09:09
TR,
Perhaps we could ask Dan to add an auto-reponder to the site so when guys register it sends them an automatic e-mail and/or PM telling them welcome, fill out your profile, post an intro before posting elsewhere, etc...

Then again, it might cut your post count in half...

I am just amazed that people don't look around and pick up on it automatically.

If you want to pick up the slack repeating the mantra, I am perfectly willing to drop back and watch.

Did you see the POTUS yesterday in Yuma, or did the BP keep him to themselves?

TR

Team Sergeant
05-19-2006, 09:16
TR,

That has already been done.

The "auto-reminder" is a banning for individuals that fail to read and heed simple instructions.

TS

blowfish
05-19-2006, 21:24
Hi everyone, first post here. My name is Matthew, and I've been lurking here for the last few months, doing a lot of reading.

I've always had a keen interest in U.S. Army Special Forces, especially in how a self contained team of men can go into an area and do so much for the population there, helping people out (or helping people OUT). I am really honored to be able to associate and learn from you here on the forum. Thank you to the owners & admins of the board for letting civilians like me participate here.

As for me, due to asthma I've been unable to serve, though I am investigating the process to apply for a waiver. I work for a major ISP, love spending time outdoors (backpacking, kayaking, caving) and enjoy shooting, history, and cooking. I consider myself to be conservative, have several friends & relatives who served/are serving in the armed forces, and John Wayne is a personal hero of mine. :)

Hopefully that's not TMI. Now, back to reading.

ekillian
05-20-2006, 00:40
Hi!

I make tools and gear for military use. I was never able to serve, due to asthma as a child and teen.

LibraryLady
05-20-2006, 10:32
Gentlemen,

I found this site through a link on SOCNET and signed on to use the Search Button for a little research. Wasn't planning on posting but discovered I'd like to ask a question of Mr. Harsey on his redneck metallurgy thread.

Thank you admins and mods for putting together an intelligent and well-monitored board.

And my thanks to those who've served and are currently serving this great country of ours.

LL

Warrior-Mentor
05-20-2006, 11:42
Did you see the POTUS yesterday in Yuma, or did the BP keep him to themselves?
TR

I don't mind helping out.

We saw Air Force One fly over...it was the only bird in the sky when they grounded everything flying from 1020-1530 hrs. He didn't stop in to see us. We were ready to hook him up with a tandem like the GKs did with his father. Maybe next time.

Warrior-Mentor
05-20-2006, 11:44
There are no traffic jams on the high road.

I like your signature line. :)

LibraryLady
05-20-2006, 12:02
I like your signature line. :)

Thank you, sir.

LL

msgec
05-20-2006, 12:10
Gentlemen,
My thanks for letting me participate in your forum. I consider myself very fortunate to have found this site. I guess it is true then...when the student is ready the teacher will appear.

Warrior-Mentor
05-20-2006, 12:32
...when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
_____
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. -Sun Tzu

Roger.

Nice signature line...two in row today. That's one of the things my Shorinji Kempo instructor taught...was that the goal of becoming a "black belt" was to exude such self confidence that people would back down from you without fighting. Slightly more elegant version of the "speak softly and carry a big stick" philosophy of diplomacy.

msgec
05-20-2006, 12:47
Sir,
Pleasure to make your acquaintance. Enjoyed the book. Got to apply it at home station, but not in NC. Will save that discussion for the 18A forum.

-M Baker

Warrior-Mentor
05-20-2006, 13:23
Sir,
Pleasure to make your acquaintance. Enjoyed the book. Got to apply it at home station, but not in NC. Will save that discussion for the 18A forum.

-M Baker

Sounds good. Welcome aboard.

Bill Harsey
05-20-2006, 13:35
Gentlemen,

I found this site through a link on SOCNET and signed on to use the Search Button for a little research. Wasn't planning on posting but discovered I'd like to ask a question of Mr. Harsey on his redneck metallurgy thread.

Thank you admins and mods for putting together an intelligent and well-monitored board.

And my thanks to those who've served and are currently serving this great country of ours.

LL
Welcome Aboard LL.
Good to see you here and I'll get to your question as soon as possible.

TheRealChuck
05-20-2006, 15:00
I'm Chuck. I spent 11.5 years on active duty, half as an MP and half CID. I'm currently a DA Civilian doing the same thing I did when I left active duty.

NousDefionsDoc
05-20-2006, 15:16
Welcome aboard Chuck.

SRGross
05-20-2006, 16:25
Greetings
I am the son of Richard R. Gross (CSM) USA SF
I served 8 years in the US Army, 88L and 98B
AOs was Central and South America, ft Eustis, Ft Bragg and Middle East
Employed at the Fayetteville, VA Medical Center

Bill Harsey
05-20-2006, 18:20
Roger.

Nice signature line...two in row today. That's one of the things my Shorinji Kempo instructor taught...was that the goal of becoming a "black belt" was to exude such self confidence that people would back down from you without fighting. Slightly more elegant version of the "speak softly and carry a big stick" philosophy of diplomacy.
Warrior-Mentor, I like your explanation. Good stuff.
Two things, I've never driven the high road, my rig wasn't fast enough (intel tells me LL's was)

Where I came from a black belt was only permission to begin training and I was never smart enough to let anothers self confidence matter :D

Steel Weasel
05-20-2006, 18:31
Greetings all. I'm a retired Marine; 2dMarDiV (DS/DS vet). Currently working as an investigator in Northern Virginia. I have a lifelong dedication to the profession of arms. I deeply enjoy interchange between knowledgable professionals. I'm also here to make sure 'Five-o' doesn't post any crap ;)

LibraryLady
05-20-2006, 18:36
...I've never driven the high road, my rig wasn't fast enough (intel tells me LL's was)

Thank you, Mr. Harsey for the compliment. I don't care what anyone says about you, (including yourself) you are an honorable gentlemen who spends much of his time on the high road!

LL

Gypsy
05-20-2006, 18:49
About time you finally posted LL. Welcome!

And welcome to all the new folks, my thanks to all who are former or current Military members....

TacticallyFit
05-20-2006, 19:38
Name: Powell, Joel

Wanted to be a Special Forces soldier since the age of twelve. The want has only deepened since then.

I am new to the forum, obviously, and am looking forward to the wealth of information available here.

I really enjoy Tactical Fitness and am moving more and more into workouts and drills that will specifically help me to become an SF soldier.:lifter

I hold everyone here in the highest respect. Thank you for what you do.

The Reaper
05-20-2006, 20:17
Koel:

Welcome aboard.

You might want to look around The Bear Pit forum, do some searching, and please fill in your profile before posting again.

TR

LibraryLady
05-20-2006, 20:17
About time you finally posted LL. Welcome!

And welcome to all the new folks, my thanks to all who are former or current Military members....

Thanks for the warm welcome, Gypsy... LOL

LL

Irrumpo
05-21-2006, 03:51
I am a stock broker for Edward D. Jones & Company after 4 years in the Navy. Love for the military has kept me interested in searching the internet for information on how to get back in. This is a sharp site and has been a wealth of answers for questions, big and small...

Odd Job
05-21-2006, 05:12
Good day gentlemen

I am a radiographer, a South African, with a keen interest in gunshot wounds. I have worked more than 4 years permanent night shift in what is possibly the busiest level 1 trauma unit in the world: the Johannesburg General Hospital. It has a standalone adult trauma unit and typically has a throughput of 16,000 adult trauma patients a year, of which about 150 per month are due to gunshot wounds. Overall if I had to put a number on this, I would say a conservative estimate is that I have seen more than 2000 gunshot victims, and that doesn't include my experience as a student, and doesn't include formal research that I conducted on 150 patients in 2002, taken from a maximum possible sample of 542 patients. I will discuss this research later.
Lastly I am a firearms owner and I have had training by members of the South African Police Service in the handling of handguns, shotguns and rifles to an intermediate level, and SLRs (in full auto) to a basic level. There are sundry items that I have fired and handled, such as an 88mm artillery piece and several types of crossbows.
I look forward to discussing various aspects of gunshot wounds with you and I would be keen to hear about your experiences.

Alacrity
05-21-2006, 06:55
Hi. I'm a paratrooper in the 82nd, been in the Army only a couple of years. I perused SOCNET for a short while, and go by the same handle there. Never knew this place existed until the SGM at SFAS mentioned it in one of his briefings. I was selected in the 6-06 class, assigned 18C and Mandarin. Doing some prep work while I wait on orders.

Great looking site; I'm looking forward to doing some reading here.

MtnGoat
05-21-2006, 07:41
Welcome aboard!
18C and Mandarin - do your head start CD-ROM booklets!! If you do an hour a day, the better off you'll be in the beginning for language blocks. 18C wise, just catch up on your math skills, Geometry and basic (+,-,/,x) if you like to read and have time look up the 5-250 on AOK. But language is your best head start and stay in shape. Don't show up for the SFQC not in the shape you were for SFAS.

Good luck with the Q

Leitner-Wise
05-21-2006, 11:29
Hi, Paul Leitner-Wise, founder and Chief Technical Officer of Leitner-Wise Rifle.

The Reaper
05-21-2006, 11:34
Welcome aboard Paul!

You build some nice rifles.

TR

Neo
05-21-2006, 11:38
Good day gentlemen

I am a radiographer, a South African, with a keen interest in gunshot wounds. I have worked more than 4 years permanent night shift in what is possibly the busiest level 1 trauma unit in the world: the Johannesburg General Hospital. It has a standalone adult trauma unit and typically has a throughput of 16,000 adult trauma patients a year, of which about 150 per month are due to gunshot wounds. Overall if I had to put a number on this, I would say a conservative estimate is that I have seen more than 2000 gunshot victims, and that doesn't include my experience as a student, and doesn't include formal research that I conducted on 150 patients in 2002, taken from a maximum possible sample of 542 patients. I will discuss this research later.
Lastly I am a firearms owner and I have had training by members of the South African Police Service in the handling of handguns, shotguns and rifles to an intermediate level, and SLRs (in full auto) to a basic level. There are sundry items that I have fired and handled, such as an 88mm artillery piece and several types of crossbows.
I look forward to discussing various aspects of gunshot wounds with you and I would be keen to hear about your experiences.

Odd Job,
Nice to see another South African on board. I think that makes 2 on this board:D

The Reaper
05-21-2006, 11:43
Odd Job,
Nice to see another South African on board. I think that makes 2 on this board:D

You don't count the Reeves?:D

TR

believeraz
05-21-2006, 13:32
Hi all,

Former Fed and NG 11B type. Current EP guy/LEO in DC. One or two of the guys I work with are vetted members here. I'm here to lurk and learn.

Bill

Supernova
05-21-2006, 17:01
Just another civilian with an interest in all things military.

I plan on being a frequent visitor.

Hello to all........

NousDefionsDoc
05-21-2006, 17:03
Just another civilian with an interest in all things military.

I plan on being a frequent visitor.

Hello to all........
Welcome aboard. Nice bio.

Neo
05-21-2006, 17:59
You don't count the Reeves?

Ok, I will count them. ;)

Have a good day.

Bill Harsey
05-21-2006, 18:12
Ok, I will count them. ;)

Thank you.
Welcome aboard.

Mike Spight
05-21-2006, 20:21
I retired from active duty on 1 July 99 after 24 years total service. A basic branch MP, I jumped into Civil Affairs in 1990, and upon completion of training, served in Co A, 96th CA Bn (ABN).

Also worked as the Director, J-5 (CMO) at JTF-Bravo, Feb 93-Feb 94, and later worked in the old J3-O at USSOCOM; The Reaper and I were there together and had attended CGSOC together as well.

PCSd from MacDill in 98, assigned as CA O/T on Tm D, BCTP until my retirement.

Oh yeah, 4 years enlisted service, US Navy, 1969-73. One year in SVN as crewman onboard river gunboats, River Assault Divisions 153 and 152.

Currently work as curriculum designer and instructor, SOF Element, US Army Command and General Staff College, Ft. Leavenworth.

Good to be here and associate with all of you.

Mike

cacoOsapo
05-22-2006, 03:08
hello, Im a Blackhawk Crewchief, serving with 1-101
currently, have been with 10 Mountain, annd 2-101 in OIF
thanks to all for offering this site, and a place to learn....
much appreciated...

Al

CPTAUSRET
05-22-2006, 07:09
Oh yeah, 4 years enlisted service, US Navy, 1969-73. One year in SVN as crewman onboard river gunboats, River Assault Divisions 153 and 152.

Good to be here and associate with all of you.

Mike

Mike:

Welcome aboard. I know your name from somewhere.

Brownwater Navy, in the Delta?, I flew Cobras there 68-69-70, out of Can Tho. Best food I ate in VN was at Na Be.

Terry

Stephen
05-22-2006, 07:47
Hello Gentlemen,

My name is Stephen. I am currently the head of R&D for ATS Tactical Gear formerly known as Lightfighter Tactical (the name change will happen in the next few weeks). I am also one of the administrators for their discussion forum at www.lightfighter.net. Before joining the ATS/Lightfighter crew I served with a variety of units in the US Army for about 9 years. Most notably, I deployed with the 101st Airborne Division as part of the invasion force for OIF1, but also deployed to Kosovo and Mauritania.

Stephen

CPTAUSRET
05-22-2006, 07:50
Hello Gentlemen,

My name is Stephen. I am currently the head of R&D for ATS Tactical Gear formerly known as Lightfighter Tactical (the name change will happen in the next few weeks). I am also one of the administrators for their discussion forum at www.lightfighter.net. Before joining the ATS/Lightfighter crew I served with a variety of units in the US Army for about 9 years. Most notably, I deployed with the 101st Airborne Division as part of the invasion force for OIF1, but also deployed to Kosovo and Mauritania.

Stephen

Welcome!

I am a life mrmber of the 101st, association.

Terry

lksteve
05-22-2006, 07:50
I retired from active duty on 1 July 99 after 24 years total service. A basic branch MP, I jumped into Civil Affairs in 1990, and upon completion of training, served in Co A, 96th CA Bn (ABN). at last, another one of Hazen's cherries...:D

NousDefionsDoc
05-22-2006, 07:58
Welcome aboard Stephen.

05-22-2006, 10:37
Howdy All,

Just checking in. I am currently active duty, joined in '88 engineer, infantry, airborne, and finally SOF. Not SF but was raised in Helena Mt, didn't realize the historical importance of the place until after I'd been in for several years (and went home for Menton days back in early 90's). Learned about this site from Lightfighter .net looks like a great forum. Anyway looking forward to lurking here and making the occasional humble observation.

Cheers

Huey14
05-22-2006, 11:02
Hi. I'm a paratrooper in the 82nd, been in the Army only a couple of years. I perused SOCNET for a short while, and go by the same handle there. Never knew this place existed until the SGM at SFAS mentioned it in one of his briefings. I was selected in the 6-06 class, assigned 18C and Mandarin. Doing some prep work while I wait on orders.

Great looking site; I'm looking forward to doing some reading here.

Hey mate. Get Skype and we can do some Chinese if you like. You'll soon pass my level, though.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
05-22-2006, 11:21
Howdy All,

I am currently active duty, joined in '88 engineer, infantry, airborne, and finally SOF. .

Cheers

Welcome aboard.

Warrior-Mentor
05-22-2006, 11:33
I am currently the head of R&D for ATS Tactical Gear formerly known as Lightfighter Tactical (the name change will happen in the next few weeks).

Welcome aboard.

Why the name change? Just curious. Seems like they had built up a decent brand name...

Grand58742
05-22-2006, 13:39
Afternoon all,

Have been lurking here for quite some time and finally made up my mind to register. Will continue to lurk, but be able to search and get the links, nothing more.

Long time USAF cop, no spectacular jobs, no SOF, nothing of the sort. Just a regular guy.

Back to lurking

ROMAD
05-22-2006, 18:00
Former ROMAD, separated after ODS due to knee problems. Served 12 years.

Take it somewhere else..... you are no longer welcome here.

Team Sergeant

MtnGoat
05-22-2006, 19:15
cacoOsapo - Welcome its always good to know a driver or two

submariner
05-23-2006, 15:21
Greetings all;

Navy vet here, Silent Service type. Served on USS Seawolf (SSN-575) and USS Guitarro (SSN-665). Was a nuke.

Son is currently an 18x candidate, just finished Airborne last week. Starts the prep course next week. This site was on favorites list from before he shipped to Fort Benning in Jan. I have been checking it out regularly since he left. Decided to register myself, instead of hanging around under his ID.

I am very proud of his decision, though I still have Navy blue blood! I am trying to learn all I can so I can talk intelligently with him as he progresses.

Will most likely just observe, but at least now if I do post, I can take the heat instead of posting under his login.

Roguish Lawyer
05-23-2006, 15:36
Welcome submariner! The SoCal contingent is growing!

Pete
05-23-2006, 16:17
Navy vet here, Silent Service type. Served on USS Seawolf (SSN-575) and USS Guitarro (SSN-665). Was a nuke.

And a tip of the hat to submariner who is now posting under his own colors.

A few of us have been underwater also. I went out on the Finback (SSN 670)and Greenling (Green Thing) for short trips. I hate a room with no view.

Pete

Edited to add: Just looked up the boats - Damn - both have been recycled.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
05-23-2006, 19:19
Greetings all;

Welcome aboard. Seems like our roles are reversed. My son was the nuke and served on SSN-675 Bluefish.

Peregrino
05-23-2006, 19:29
And a tip of the hat to submariner who is now posting under his own colors.

A few of us have been underwater also. I went out on the Finback (SSN 670)and Greenling (Green Thing) for short trips. I hate a room with no view.

Pete

Edited to add: Just looked up the boats - Damn - both have been recycled.

You think that's bad - my one and only opportunity to do a sub-op was on the Trepang in PR. The next time I saw her (pieces of her that is) was in the Smithsonian a couple of years ago. Made me feel old. Did you notice Submariner's profile? Seems he's gone from "rooms without a view" to flying for a hobby. Is there something "Fraudian" going on here? :p Welcome aboard - Peregrino

Bruce
05-23-2006, 20:41
My name is Bruce Johnson I served with the now gone 12th Special Forces Group (A) as an 05B1S then became 18E1P from 1980 to 1986.
No oda time
No Active duty SF time

MtnGoat
05-23-2006, 21:07
The SoCal contingent is growing!
There are real People there - no wait Humans do live a Kalfornia?

Welcome aboard - submariner

Maine guy
05-24-2006, 12:32
Hello,
This is my first post and I will be introducing myself. I was recently selected and assigned orders as a 18E and language training of Spanish "7th Group". I'm prior service Navy, I worked Avionics on EA-6B prowlers for 4 years. I got out the Navy in 2000 with an honorable discharge and went into business for my self with a tobacco cafe, a ligerie store and a part time internet firearms sales. After several years out of the service, I started to miss the sense of purpose and honor thats comes with the military, so I decided to join the Army and try to fullfill my dream of being "SF". I came in as a "X-ray", completed 11B training, Airborne, SOPC and SFAS and I am currently working on the Q-course. I look forward to gaining knowledge from other members and meeting some cool people to share stories and info with.
-Neil-

Commo Guy
05-24-2006, 12:50
Hello,
My name is Joe, and right now I'm AD with 1st SQDN 40th CAV (RSTA) (ABN) in Alaska. My current MOS is a 25C *Commo Guy*. I just came from SFAS class 06-06, and got 18E with Arabic. I'm a civilian pilot/ scuba diver, and love doing both of those things.

Peregrino
05-24-2006, 12:51
Hello,
This is my first post and I will be introducing myself. I was recently selected and assigned orders as a 18E and language training of Spanish "7th Group". I'm prior service Navy, I worked Avionics on EA-6B prowlers for 4 years. I got out the Navy in 2000 with an honorable discharge and went into business for my self with a tobacco cafe, a ligerie store and a part time internet firearms sales. After several years out of the service, I started to miss the sense of purpose and honor thats comes with the military, so I decided to join the Army and try to fullfill my dream of being a "SF operator". I came in as a "X-ray", completed 11B training, Airborne, SOPC and SFAS and I am currently working on the Q-course. I look forward to gaining knowledge from other members and meeting some cool people to share stories and info with.
-Neil-

Welcome to PS.com. Please read all stickies and do things in the right order. SA (situational awareness) and the ability to follow instructions will prove invaluable as you embark on your journey. BTW - I'm not particularly enamored of Fayetteville either but the "Fayettenam" appelation is a little out of date, even for me and I've been here (off and on) since 1978. FWIW - Peregrino

Jack Moroney (RIP)
05-24-2006, 12:53
Welcome aboard.

Warrior-Mentor
05-24-2006, 15:02
Welcome to PS.com. Please read all stickies and do things in the right order. SA (situational awareness) and the ability to follow instructions will prove invaluable as you embark on your journey. BTW - I'm not particularly enamored of Fayetteville either but the "Fayettenam" appelation is a little out of date, even for me and I've been here (off and on) since 1978. FWIW - Peregrino

Yeah...get with the times...it's Braggistan!

I hadn't heard that one yet. ;) Peregrino

Lawndart
05-24-2006, 16:22
my name is chris and i was in the q-course in 05 towards the end of the year i had family issues got dropped with the wait a year and come back. i received order to 2nd id and we all know how jacked up that unit is. so when i arrived at carson i managed to get assigned to 10th SFG (A) as an 11B2P! i still have to finish sage and sere, i am currently taking arabic at the GLI hoping to get a
1-1 by sept. i go back to sage in sept. then hopefully back out to 10th. i found this site because i seen that a buddy SSG Longsworth(RIP Brother in Arms) was killed last weekend and when i searched his name this site came up.

SpartanWrestler
05-24-2006, 16:58
I'd like to thank the SF members that started this forum, and for allowing me to be guest here.

I'm in school and my hobbies include: Trap shooting, football, wrestling, lifting when i can, and reading Tom Clancy books.

There is a great deal to know about and amazing, 1st hand experienced people to learn from!, so I'll be mostly watching and replying some.

~Thanks~

Ben

Tigress
05-25-2006, 17:30
This site was recommended by a friend. I enjoy reading the post, very informative and great reading and good laughs.

I am the "other half" (neither of us are the "better half") of a warrior (my hero) who's gone alot. I keep the light on, the house from falling apart, and act as his morale specialist when he's gone.

I will tend to read more than post, but I couldn't help myself on the "Southern" post. I'm very proud to be a southerner! :)

jmhcr66
05-25-2006, 20:04
Hello everybody. I heard about this website from one of the cadre at the 06-06 selection class, and found a great deal of useful information. I am currently a scout in fort riley with the 1st armored division. I am here to get as much information as I possibly can about the Q course. I have been assigned 18D, and Spanish. Thanks for the info on this site.

racing_snake
05-26-2006, 15:19
I'm new to list, and hope to lurk/contribute to it when appropriate.

beedlesw
05-26-2006, 15:27
my name is chris and i was in the q-course in 05 towards the end of the year i had family issues got dropped with the wait a year and come back. i received order to 2nd id and we all know how jacked up that unit is. so when i arrived at carson i managed to get assigned to 10th SFG (A) as an 11B2P! i still have to finish sage and sere, i am currently taking arabic at the GLI hoping to get a
1-1 by sept. i go back to sage in sept. then hopefully back out to 10th. i found this site because i seen that a buddy SSG Longsworth(RIP Brother in Arms) was killed last weekend and when i searched his name this site came up.

dude you have no idea. i'm going to selection in sept and hope to get stationed with the 10th too. sorry to hear about your buddy.

displaced
05-28-2006, 13:40
New to the site. Following instructions by posting here. I've had a very grey career, so not much to say.

SF18C
05-28-2006, 14:05
Tigress...welcome aboard and many thanks to you for keep those home fires burning!!!

I can say on a long deployment just knowing that everything was square back on the homefront was a major relief!!! It's a hard job to send your Solider off, sometimes I think it was harder than being the one who was doing the going!

Again thanks

AnyJoe
05-28-2006, 14:44
Hi all! I kinda wandered in here when I was searching for Army videos, I have always been interested in the military (more specifically the Army) and I just wanted to lurk around a bit until I have something usefull to contribute to the forums (don't expect that to be anytime soon! ;) )

anyway thanks for allowing me to join!

EDIT:
Sorry about the double post, I tried to erase it but I can't figure it out!

What double-tap!!:D

BTW, don't make a habit of that!!

skeeter8654
05-29-2006, 01:23
Hello, ran into this board by way of it's mention on another board that I frequent. I like the vibe, the board seems to live up to it's name. I am an active duty Jarhead, reconnaisance man by trade and I look forward to spending some time on here as a guest amoung good company.

Ryan

hkrock
05-29-2006, 11:06
Directed over here from SOCNET, I'm an 18X shipping July 11th.

recce gear
05-29-2006, 12:12
Another FNG here who was invited by The Reaper and Team Sergeant. I am a member of the 19th SFG and will be heading to selection next year after Ranger school. I am a salesman by day and also make gear, when my schedule permits. I may not contribute much, but am here to listen and learn.

saber36819
05-29-2006, 12:24
Thanks for letting me post a message. In honor of PT #40.

In today's world of instant gradification and selfishness, here was a man that was defined by words like: Strength, Honor, Courage and commitment to duty.

Can anyone give me a detail history on the Beret Ensignia? Thank you

brokenpixel
05-30-2006, 09:56
Goodmorning!

I heard about this forum from an aspiring 2LT who's in IOBC right now so I tracked it down to check it out myself. I must say, outstanding work!

All my service has been in the NG. I did a short term in OEF as an 11B1P and now I am a cadet enrolled in Wentworth Military Academy's Early Commissioning Program. I've had the darn-fine privilege of watching some QP's work in the past and I've always been impressed (if not jealous). My goal is to work in the SOF community and become an 18A. I have a plan to achieve this goal. With this, I'm on the site just to lurk, absorb and adjust my plan as needed.

Thank you again!
BP

shafty
05-30-2006, 12:48
Hello all:

First off -let me say thanks for sharing the wisdom and profressionalism that this site has to offer.

I am currently a 26 year old, college graduate, sittingin front of a computer realizing that this is not want I want to do with the rest of my life. I am now seriously considering going into the service with the 18 x-ray contract.

I have been using this site as well as Warriror-Mentors book to get myself physichally and mentally in shape .

Thanks again to everyone that shares their wisdom here.

Brian R.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
05-30-2006, 14:12
Welcome aboard folks. For those of you that have not done so, flesh out your profiles.

5sfsniper
05-30-2006, 15:22
Greetings,

My name is Matt. I have just under 22 years service, U.S. Army. I was active duty for 14 years and I left the army for the family and am currently a working (I don't have a desk I train soldiers) SGM in the NG. I work as an Senoir advisor and Instructor there. We teach CQB, Combatives, Survival, and infantry skills there. We do live fire, fire and manuever, figure us getting away with that. We were an illegitamate unit for a few years and enjoyed it, now the convential folks are bleeding in, just like in group, and it is time to move on again. Great bunch of soldiers, but the grownups have surrounded us again. We fought the good fight, and now we have to start something new again to make it unknown to the conventionals and politicians for a little freedom to train to fight, win, and survive. Seems the army can't figure out if they want us to kill bad guys or dance around at tea parties for politicians. We don't dance and have paid the price for being warriors. I seem to stay on the carpet all the time defending the standards and my NCOs/Instructors in their actions to train folks in the real deal. They have tried to court marshal me twice for ripping the butt out of a couple of field grades at separate times who wanted to destroy the only warriors we had with their political agendas. My NCOs know I would loose stripes for them and we all know there is more to being a leader than wearing stripes or brass, and there is more to being a real soldier than a boot licker can do. It gets old moving around trying to stay ahead of conventionalism and the politicians.

I was in the invasion of Panama and in Somalia for an extended tour.

My MOSQs are 11B, 95B, 18C, 18F and one other unmetionable mos I was tagged with along the way.

I worked the sniper thing since 1985, and advanced demo to the extreme (for the army legitimately) and still do the sniper with some of my guys. We are not funded for it , so we support ourselves in training.

I guess that is probably enough for an introduction. If more is needed I am sure someone will bust me out.

Out here...

NousDefionsDoc
05-30-2006, 15:59
Welcome aboard. Please fill in your profile.

PeteyMcPete
05-30-2006, 20:19
Hi,
My name is Pete and im currently a Civilan unfortunantly.
Im Australian and currently about to start the long selection process for our Direct entry Commando force eventually to be in 4RAR (Commando).

I was wondering what you USSF guys thought of the Aussies SF (SASR and 4RAR) and if anyone has worked with them before.

Thanks for letting me be a part of this community.

Huey14
05-30-2006, 20:39
Good luck with 4CDO, Pete.

Razor
05-30-2006, 21:52
...and one other unmetionable mos I was tagged with along the way...

Don't worry, we won't hold being a paralegal assistant against you. We even welcome lawyers here. Of course, if you were a flute player, we may have some issues.

PeteyMcPete
05-30-2006, 23:53
Thanks Huey whats your story?

Huey14
05-31-2006, 00:00
My story is, I'm pissing about in China being a Show Pony so the school bosses can make money while using the time to train for the police.

Why did you choose to go with 4CDO? Isn't SASR open selection now too?

BTW I would recommend you fill out your profile.

PeteyMcPete
05-31-2006, 01:11
Yeah will do and no SASR means you need at least 2 years in the ADF before you can attempt the selection. 4RAR has a direct recuiting option open to boost numbers.

BigWave
05-31-2006, 13:13
Good afternoon,

Thank you for establishing and maintaining this site, as well as allowing me the opportunity to participate in the discussions. The title says it all, professional soldiers. The value of the information offered combined with the discipline by which it is managed places this site at the top of my list. I will read heavily and post lightly.

As for me, just a 35 year old guy who waited too long to join the military and is finally doing something about it. Where my civilian life may pay well and keep things comfortable, it offers little in the way of self fulfillment and lacks any sense of duty beyond family and civil obligations. I am in the final stages of joining the National Guard and will be shipping at the end of the summer.

I have a true respect and appreciation for what you do and the sacrifices that you have made. Thank you.

Take care,

Dave

magyar_2
05-31-2006, 22:36
Hello, my name is Richard and I am 20 years old and registered a few days ago. I am not in the military at this time and have no prior military service but I am currently working on getting in shape and preparing to try out for special operations. The two choices that I am deciding between is if I want to enlist in the Navy Challenge program and try out to be a SEAL or if I should enlist in the Army and work my way up to Delta Force. If anyone would be willing to give me pointers or advice about anything but in particular how to prepare in any and every way, what to expect and such please pm me. As far as about me I don't know what to post since my profile already says alot about me and if anyone wants to know something please ask.
Richard

Golden Knight
06-01-2006, 02:06
Greetings,

I'm an ROTC cadet at UCF. Come fall I'll be an MS-III. For now I'm concentrating on getting a good GPA, improving my APFT score and training in some brazilian jiu-jitsu for fun. My grandfather was a career soldier and served in the Special Forces in Vietnam. Respecting him as I do, Special Forces has always interested me greatly, and becoming a man of that caliber is a goal I'd like to acheive.

There's a time to talk, and a time to listen. For now I simply plan on reading and absorbing what I can, and not make the mistake of talking where I have no room to do so. Thank you for making such a resource available.

Pete
06-01-2006, 05:19
Welcome all;

Golden Knight, I thought for sure as I jumped into this thread I was going to read that you had been a Golden Knight, some special guys on their own in the Army. I guess not.

Pete

Doc
06-01-2006, 05:51
Greetings,

I'm an ROTC cadet at UCF. Come fall I'll be an MS-III. For now I'm concentrating on getting a good GPA, improving my APFT score and training in some brazilian jiu-jitsu for fun. My grandfather was a career soldier and served in the Special Forces in Vietnam. Respecting him as I do, Special Forces has always interested me greatly, and becoming a man of that caliber is a goal I'd like to acheive.

There's a time to talk, and a time to listen. For now I simply plan on reading and absorbing what I can, and not make the mistake of talking where I have no room to do so. Thank you for making such a resource available.

PM out to you Golden Knight.

Trep
06-01-2006, 08:28
Hello,

Planning on doing a 18X contract soon just reading around your forums.

About me..
I'm 22 years old and work for a company that provides services for banks across the US.
I have an associate degree in computer networking systems.
Did AJROTC in high school.
Right now I'm mostly working on my endurance running.

Thanks for all your service and taking the time to give us a wealth of information!

TKS
06-01-2006, 15:25
Hi there, I'm an active duty NCO, currently across the big pond. Due to a prior injury I have not pursued SF, but I'm healthy again and my packet is in and I'm ready. I'm back, stronger and better and am here to continue to learn and research various topics on training and the lifestyle of "quiet professionals."
That last line says it all for me, pretty simple.
I'm an avid outdoors type guy and am fanatical about PT and living a healthy lifestyle. I am married and a father of a great little girl and have 2 years of college. Life is good, but nothing worthwhile is easy, so I push hard and do whatever it takes to move forward.
There are alot of smart folks here and thanks again for letting me be a part of this site. Nice meeting you all and Thanks again....TKS

Gypsy
06-01-2006, 18:42
Welcome to all, my thanks to those of you who have or are serving.

TKS, keep yourself safe out there...and tell your Men thanks for me as well.

GrumbleandGrunt
06-01-2006, 18:43
Hi there.
2LT, Infantry, just finished Ranger School and am signing into the 82nd. I have a lot of things to do first before I start thinking about SF. I would like to prepare myself while I do my job and get ready for the next steps. I have some high goals and want to keep abreast of the process. Thanks for letting me in.

NousDefionsDoc
06-01-2006, 18:53
Hi there.
2LT, Infantry, just finished Ranger School and am signing into the 82nd. I have a lot of things to do first before I start thinking about SF. I would like to prepare myself while I do my job and get ready for the next steps. I have some high goals and want to keep abreast of the process. Thanks for letting me in.
Yum Yum Chomp Chomp

lksteve
06-01-2006, 19:02
Yum Yum Chomp Chompdecaf for you...

BTW, welcome LT...and consider yourself fortunate...Doc (NDD) ain't always this cordial...

12B4S
06-02-2006, 00:59
Steve. That's just because NDD has a special place in his heart for LTs .

GrumbleandGrunt
06-02-2006, 01:23
Like sharks to blood huh?
Well if all goes well I might be some future summer help...

12B4S
06-02-2006, 03:18
GandG NP. He is also partial to college grads. I need to ask him sometime, which are his favorites. ;) The combo is a no brainer.

Welcome to the site............

x SF med
06-02-2006, 06:57
NDD - be good, no scaring away the new young LTs, yet. Give GnG time to ripen a little, might taste better.

CPTAUSRET
06-02-2006, 09:54
Welcome aboard everyone!

Terry

CPTAUSRET
06-02-2006, 09:56
Like sharks to blood huh?
Well if all goes well I might be some future summer help...

Welcome aboard, LT.

2LT is one of the ranks I never wore, good luck.

Terry

lawyer-no-more
06-02-2006, 10:05
Thank you to all for maintaining this site. It is a very useful source of information for civilians like myself. I have been a long-time lurker.

I just turned 25. I have wanted to serve in the military for a long-time, but have allowed myself to be distracted by opportunities that I mistakenly thought at the time where opportunities that I could not pass up (I am about to graduate from Harvard Law School). No, I am not trying to be an arrogant prick and drop the "H-bomb" (I probably despise "Ivy-Leaguers" as much as anyone on this board). I'm just trying to explain why I foolishly let myself become sidetracked from my dream of serving as a "quiet professional."

I am planning on joining the Army sometime in Fall '07 (I need to work for a law firm for a year to pay off some debt before I can afford to join), although I'm not yet sure if I want to enlist as an 18x or go to OCS and (hopefully) serve as an infantry officer for a few years before becoming eligible to apply for SFAS.

Air.177
06-02-2006, 10:10
(I probably despise "Ivy-Leaguers" as much as anyone on this board)

Welcome aboard L-N-M,

Re: above statement; you haven't met NDD yet have you?

Good times,
Blake

x SF med
06-02-2006, 10:20
LnM-
watch out, NDD isn't very nice to college grads / Os - odd though, he's probably better educated than a lot of my college buddies - hell, I know he is, he's an 18D - college was a joke after that course.

Spartan12
06-03-2006, 07:55
Hello everyone. I'm here to introduce myself. I was raised in Honolulu. I 've served in the Army for almost 4 years. I' ve recently attended SFAS class 6-06. I can't wait to attend SFQC. I am here to learn. Thank you.

Air2Mud46
06-03-2006, 12:07
Hello all,

I'm a former USAF/JTAC. I've been out of active duty for a while now and have been contracting for DOD and DOS. I'm currently looking at joining FANG to serve with 20th SFG. I've lurked for a while and see this place has just about everything I need. Thanks for great site.

NousDefionsDoc
06-03-2006, 13:05
Thank you to all for maintaining this site. It is a very useful source of information for civilians like myself. I have been a long-time lurker.

I just turned 25. I have wanted to serve in the military for a long-time, but have allowed myself to be distracted by opportunities that I mistakenly thought at the time where opportunities that I could not pass up (I am about to graduate from Harvard Law School). No, I am not trying to be an arrogant prick and drop the "H-bomb" (I probably despise "Ivy-Leaguers" as much as anyone on this board). I'm just trying to explain why I foolishly let myself become sidetracked from my dream of serving as a "quiet professional."

I am planning on joining the Army sometime in Fall '07 (I need to work for a law firm for a year to pay off some debt before I can afford to join), although I'm not yet sure if I want to enlist as an 18x or go to OCS and (hopefully) serve as an infantry officer for a few years before becoming eligible to apply for SFAS.
You are about to graduate Harvard Law and you consider that a sidetrack? What the hell is wrong with you? And then you want to give that up to go hump a ruck in the Hindu Kush? Again - what the hell is wrong with you?

You can be quietly professional as a lawyer as well. Or join one of the alphabet agencies and put that law degree to use chasing terrorists.

"sidetracked" into a Harvard Law degree - I never heard of such a thing.

Karl.Masters
06-03-2006, 15:15
I'm Karl Masters, US Army retired, now US Army Civilian engineer working at Fort Belvoir, Virginia with PEO Soldier. SFQC Jan - May 1983, commanded ODA 522 in 5th SFG(A) May 84 to May 86. Ran into this site today and recognized a former Commander and former SF brother. Bulldog, how the hell are you? Gene, we were cellmates in DCSOPS together, long time no modulate....hoping to reconnect and monitor the traffic here to learn from the wisdom of those that came before me and those that are doing it now-
V/r
Karl

Push2Shv
06-03-2006, 15:16
Hello all,

Thank you for allowing such an invaluable learning tool to be available to those of us that are interested, your efforts are very much appreciated.

I am a 27 year old, out of work desktop support technician working in retail sales currently. I decided that I needed to do more with my life and will be going to MEPS in the next week or so to join the Ohio National Guard. I wanted to introduce myself since I've been lurking here for a while and plan on reading and heeding to make sure that I'm making the best decision by trying for an 18X contract. I plan on lurking in the shadows for now since I know I have nothing of value to contribute to your conversations. If you have anything you would like to know about me I will answer any questions you have.

Once again, thank you for the opportunity to learn from your experience and thank you for your service to our country.

-Dan

Team Sergeant
06-03-2006, 15:21
I'm Karl Masters, US Army retired, now US Army Civilian engineer working at Fort Belvoir, Virginia with PEO Soldier. SFQC Jan - May 1983, commanded ODA 522 in 5th SFG(A) May 84 to May 86. Ran into this site today and recognized a former Commander and former SF brother. Bulldog, how the hell are you? Gene, we were cellmates in DCSOPS together, long time no modulate....hoping to reconnect and monitor the traffic here to learn from the wisdom of those that came before me and those that are doing it now-
V/r
Karl

I should know you, we went through the Q-Course together.....;)
I was on ODA 514 after the Q course.

Welcome aboard,

TS

NousDefionsDoc
06-03-2006, 15:43
Welcome aboard Karl. Make yourself at home.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
06-03-2006, 19:14
Bulldog, how the hell are you?

Not in hell.............yet! Good to hear you are doing great things. Welcome aboard and hope all is well.

Lobstah
06-03-2006, 20:15
Hi men:
Served with 1SFG Okinawa 63-64 with B-430 at SWCD/TA as commo sgt. HALO/UDT. Got out after one hitch when I couldn't get to DLI. Just retired from a career in emergency management/homeland security. First time I've tried to reconnect. Its been a long time. Living on the Maine coast near Canadian border. Any 051/E18s out there active in ham radio?
Lobstah

Razor
06-03-2006, 23:55
You must be from away, as everyone Downeast knows its correctly pronounced 'lopstah', with a 'p'. ;)

12B4S
06-04-2006, 01:09
That's just the New England type lopstah, the one with the pinchers Razor. When I lived in FL, we had the spiny ones. They were mere lobsters. However, while diving in the Bahamas, I learned a great use for thier spiny antennae, before boiling and consumption. Well, just one was really needed. Guess this isn't the place to go into that. Welcome guys. You have my time in SF bracketed. One of these days. :)