PDA

View Full Version : Introductions I I- Your first post on this board goes here. (CLOSED)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Ambush Master
01-27-2006, 21:45
Hmm...a chemical story not for public consumption, that makes him your science hero? Sounds sketchy. I hope he'll drop me a PM and tell me about it, so I can express my disapproval. (Never did any reckless chemistry myself, no sirs. :rolleyes: )

Sir,

Me-thinks that most of OUR encouters with Chemistry, were not of the lab/field laboratory kind of experiment venue!!!

Most, if not all, were Field Expedient.

For example, a skillful, but somewhat unorthodox/DANGEROUS, alpplication of white phospherous:

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=789

Hope that you enjoy the site and if you have any questions, give a shout.

Later
Martin

The Reaper
01-27-2006, 21:49
Hmm...a chemical story not for public consumption, that makes him your science hero? Sounds sketchy. I hope he'll drop me a PM and tell me about it, so I can express my disapproval. (Never did any reckless chemistry myself, no sirs. :rolleyes: )

I have it on good authority that a mix of Red Phosphorus, Magnesium powder, Thermite, and Nitrocellulose reacts poorly to being dropped onto a hard surface.

Kids, do NOT try this at home. If you want to have a home after the experiement.

TR

Fouinard
01-28-2006, 18:38
Hello

I'm a student (electronics) passionated by military gears.

Rémi

The Reaper
01-28-2006, 18:50
Hello

Rémi

Remi:

Welcome.

Please fill out your profile, and note that the QPs here consider the gear to be only a very small part of the package.

Note the stickies and intro notes posted throughout this site.

Bon Chance!

TR

lksteve
01-28-2006, 18:53
A QP here had a chemistry set once... but I don't think the story is for public consumption. He's my science hero.heck, i minored in chemistry...i even worked as a uranium geochemist for awhile...i much prefer surveying...

welcome all...

Ambush Master
01-28-2006, 18:57
Hello

Rémi

Welcome.

So, how's the weather in Cannes??

JCDenton
01-28-2006, 19:18
Good evening all,

I am a junior in high school and have been lurking here for some time. I do not plan on posting much but felt it was time to properly introduce myself. I have purchased and read "Get Selected..." which has answered all the questions I could think of. Outstanding book, resource and personal bible! I am truly grateful to be a member in this treasure chest of information. Thank you everyone!

Eagle5US
01-28-2006, 19:23
Welcome aboard folks. Glad to have more quality members.

Eagle

MogMechanic
01-28-2006, 23:03
Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to guest on this site. I'm currently a member of the U.S. Army. I've been in since 1991, as my name says I am a veteran of operations Restore/Continue Hope in Somalia, Uphold Democracy in Haiti, and Operation Joint Guard/Forge in Bosnia. I'm not an operator but I have done some support work with SOF forces in Somalia, and Bosnia. Nothing major fixed a few HMMWV's, and stuff like that. At one time in my career I was considering attempting to try out for SF. I never did, however I would like some advice on a good conditioning program to be able to build up for my APFT and possibly attend Air Assault School.

Military experience

63W/B 91-98 Active and Reserve
92Y 98-Present Active Duty Reserve (AGR)

Hooah and thanks again for this site.

NousDefionsDoc
01-29-2006, 07:37
Welcome aboard. Check your PMs.

cold+wet=unity
01-29-2006, 12:16
Good Day All,

Afternoon gents. I would like to first thank you all for this site. It has been a treasure chest full of knowledge. I got out of the military back in June and am not enjoying the civ. life. I was stationed at Specail Boat Team Twenty as a SWCC. I have attended SWCC School....graduating in Class 42, SERE Level C(which I will have to repeat as I understand it), and various other schools. I am planning on joining the Army with an 18x contract. I am planning on shipping around the May or June time period. I am getting very excited at the prospect of starting some good training again. One again thaks for the site it has been most helpfull.

CPTAUSRET
01-29-2006, 13:02
Good Day All,

Afternoon gents. I would like to first thank you all for this site. It has been a treasure chest full of knowledge. I got out of the military back in June and am not enjoying the civ. life. I was stationed at Specail Boat Team Twenty as a SWCC. I have attended SWCC School....graduating in Class 42, SERE Level C(which I will have to repeat as I understand it), and various other schools. I am planning on joining the Army with an 18x contract. I am planning on shipping around the May or June time period. I am getting very excited at the prospect of starting some good training again. One again thaks for the site it has been most helpfull.

Welcome aboard, good luck.

Terry

BDB
01-30-2006, 13:50
Hello all!

I have never been in the Military, but have been interested in the military since I was a kid. I found out I had asthma when I was 14, and that pretty much sealed the deal as far as a career in the Military goes. My interest in the military hasn't faded, and now it's something I enjoy reading and learning about. I currently work on a large fixed wireless internet network for a Telecom company in Texas. I tend to do a ton of reading and very little posting on message boards. This is one of two military message boards I frequent, and I'm amazed by the caliber of people here. Take care.

BDB

resurgam
01-30-2006, 21:10
Hello all!

Thank you for this website/forum and for allowing me the opportunity to be a guest. I have been reading these forums for the past few days and it has been very helpful.
I was in the Army Reserves for 6 years as a 71L. I am currently researching my options for the opportunity to be Special Forces soldier. I have not decided yet whether to go Active or National Guard. I am sure this site will be helpful in making my decision.

Once again, thank you all.

Omaha
02-01-2006, 18:08
Hello to all,

My name is Dustin, nothing more than a Senior in High School out of Pennsylvania. This will probably be my only post, try to keep the mouth shut and maybe pick up what you guys are laying down.

"The less you say, the more you hear" is a nice quote I TRY to follow.

Hopefully and God willing I can some day serve my country that has given me so much, Marine Corps is what I am looking at after High School if I'm lucky enough.

Can't honestly say I am all that interested in the Special Forces and the higher up stuff, but still find it amazing to learn about and gather information on. Can't hurt, never know what will change down the road.

Hope I can learn all I can, and maybe once in a while give back where I can.

Thank you,

~Omaha

Roguish Lawyer
02-01-2006, 18:35
Welcome, Omaha. Nice intro.

myitinaw
02-01-2006, 20:02
Gentlemen,
Thank you for allowing me the honor to be
in your company. I am a long time SF researcher
and historian. My profession is that of a Corporate
Jet Captain. CE-525A

A close friend was a member of
B-52 Project Delta 5th Special Forces Group [ABN.]
A great man, and a continuing source of inspiration.

To all of you, thank you for your service, and sacrifices,
you and your families have made for our Country.

Best Regards,
"myitinaw"

steeve20
02-01-2006, 20:31
Guys back with a different user name. Ex 11th and current 20th er. 18B and Zulu.

Ambush Master
02-01-2006, 20:34
Welcome back Steeve, and thanks for your understanding!!

Later
Martin

BrendanR
02-02-2006, 12:45
BROTHERS, GREETINGS FROM IRAQ. I HAVE BEEN ON THE BOOKS FOR OVER A MONTH NOW WITH P.S. I AM A 180A CURRENTLY ASSIGNED WITH B 3/1 SFG AT FORT LEWIS, WA. I CONSIDER MYSELF MOST FORTUNATE TO SHARE IN THE WARRIOR BOND THAT THIS FORUM REPRESENTS. I AM A FAMILY MAN WHO WOULD RATHER BE AT HOME WITH HIS WIFE AND CHILDREN, MORE THAN ANY OTHER PLACE ON EARTH (YES EVEN BANGKOK). I LIKE FIREARMS A GOOD BIT AND TEACHING MY SONS ABOUT FIREARMS, THE OUTDOORS AND HELPING MY BOYS TO COME UP LIKE YOUNG MEN. I ALSO LIKE WORKING ON OLD CHEVY TRUCKS, AND OF COURSE MY JOB. THE SOFTER SIDE OF MY LIFE INCLUDES A WONDERFUL WIFE THAT BEARS THE LONG DEPLOYMENTS AND A BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL THAT WARMS MY HEART. I WOULD LIKE TO TELL EAGLE 05 THANKS FOR THE NOMINATION AND I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE A SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL THE BROTHERS THAT GAVE EAGLE 05 A THUMBS UP ON MY BEHALF. SPREADING DEMOCRACY ONE CONOP AT A TIME, RESPECTFULLY, BRENDAN RAMROTH

CPTAUSRET
02-02-2006, 14:23
Gentlemen,
Thank you for allowing me the honor to be
in your company. I am a long time SF researcher
and historian. My profession is that of a Corporate
Jet Captain. CE-525A

A close friend was a member of
B-52 Project Delta 5th Special Forces Group [ABN.]
A great man, and a continuing source of inspiration.

To all of you, thank you for your service, and sacrifices,
you and your families have made for our Country.

Best Regards,
"myitinaw"

mytinaw. are you ex military? Your profile is blank.

Terry

Simple Simon
02-02-2006, 15:50
Hello All, This is a great site I stumbled in here while looking for some SFAS info as I'm going this fall. Here is my intro per SOP. I spend alot of time over at AirborneRanger.com and am known as Ranger-G. I thought the name improper here, so I changed it.

I am a prior service(E-5) Infantry Officer been stationed here at Benning most of my career where I am currently in degree completion, just received a SFAS date after much paperwork, headache, pulling strings. I am truly blessed with this opportunity(SFAS) and am very excited.

Units:USASOA, WHINSEC, HHC 1/15 IN, A Co. 1/15 IN, A Co. 2/69 AR, have been to various schools and admin or anybody if you need anymore info. let me know. Happy to oblige.

11A Samurai
02-02-2006, 21:53
Hello all,

I am currently an Infantry PL at 3/2ID wanting to become an 18A. I stumbled on this great site in search of SFAS and SF information in general. I have learned a great deal over the last few months about the "Quiet Professionals". Hopefully in a few years I will have the honor of serving with you great warriors.

BAC- 45-05, RS- 09-05

PadrePandiero
02-03-2006, 06:32
'Mornin' Gents. I wanted to give a greeting. I'm just a lurker/disciple-type. I followed a few acquaintences here, via some of thier links from other reputable boards. Personally, my main occupation/vocation/calling is I'm a minister, and do some consulting on the side, (Installation security). Pleasure to be here, and I will tread lightly.

Have a good one!

NousDefionsDoc
02-03-2006, 18:55
'Mornin' Gents. I wanted to give a greeting. I'm just a lurker/disciple-type. I followed a few acquaintences here, via some of thier links from other reputable boards. Personally, my main occupation/vocation/calling is I'm a minister, and do some consulting on the side, (Installation security). Pleasure to be here, and I will tread lightly.

Have a good one!
Ah! Finally! A chaplain. Welcome aboard Padre. Do you do exorcisms?

ad2693
02-03-2006, 19:53
Hello,
Im an active duty soldier and will be leaving for SFAS next Saturday. I appreciate all the advice given on this site. I hope I can apply it and be selected.
Thanks

The Franchise
02-04-2006, 12:51
Hi everyone,

Thanks for allowing me to join.

I'm not a member of any SF group. While serving in the Canadian Forces I had the pleasure of doing some work with No. 3 Commando of the Canadian Airborne Regiment.

I highly value and appreciate all the work that the SF community has conducted. My uncle (in the US) was a member of the 5th SFG back in the '70s. I got some interesting insight from him.

You guys have my highest respect. Thanks for your sacrifices.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
02-04-2006, 12:54
Welcome aboard all.

ropadope
02-04-2006, 13:37
First, I must apologize for ignoring your "INTRODUCTION" section and posting a thread about the Mk23! Ok, now that is out of the way, I'm visiting the sight and hoping to hear from the real men of the "SPECIAL FORCES" some of my most inquiring questions. My personal background is with the 82nd ABN in the early 80's with 2/321st, and 3/319th. After being incredibly disapointed in my experience with the 82nd ABN (No offense to those serving currently) I decided that possibly the Navy offered more in the way of SPECWAR for me. As luck would have it, I had allready had two surgery's at Womack Army hospital for dislocated shoulders ....................yeah, and the Navy was going to let me take the BUDS challenge with pins in my shoulders! Lesson learned..............It's not brighter on the other side!

I currently compete in both IDPA and IPSC competiton, and plenty of skeet and Trap shooting. I am a firearms enthusiast, so most of my questions will probably surround the weapons and weapons systems, as long as it doesnt upset the OPSEC cart?

Thanks for letting visit with ya!

Ropadope:p

The Reaper
02-04-2006, 14:11
First, I must apologize for ignoring your "INTRODUCTION" section and posting a thread about the Mk23! Ok, now that is out of the way, I'm visiting the sight and hoping to hear from the real men of the "SPECIAL FORCES" some of my most inquiring questions. My personal background is with the 82nd ABN in the early 80's with 2/321st, and 3/319th. After being incredibly disapointed in my experience with the 82nd ABN (No offense to those serving currently) I decided that possibly the Navy offered more in the way of SPECWAR for me. As luck would have it, I had allready had two surgery's at Womack Army hospital for dislocated shoulders ....................yeah, and the Navy was going to let me take the BUDS challenge with pins in my shoulders! Lesson learned..............It's not brighter on the other side!

I currently compete in both IDPA and IPSC competiton, and plenty of skeet and Trap shooting. I am a firearms enthusiast, so most of my questions will probably surround the weapons and weapons systems, as long as it doesnt upset the OPSEC cart?

Thanks for letting visit with ya!

Ropadope:p

Ropeadope:

Please read the rules, stickies and intros before posting again.

Use the search button before posting questions. If you find the answer, don't post the question.

Please put weapons related questions in the proper forum.

Don't expect too much in the way of answers till you have proven yourself here. We are busy people as well, and do not like excessive clutter.

Most people here learn more from reading than from talking.

Good luck.

TR

HeavyDrop
02-04-2006, 15:23
Hello,

Thank you for this site and the wealth of information that it provides. It is a great resource for people with a genuine desire to learn about this community.

I am currently in the 18E course. I was a 25S (Satellite Communications) in the 112th Signal Bn. prior to that.

I hope to learn alot here-thank you for having me aboard.

Martin
02-04-2006, 15:45
Hello,
Im an active duty soldier and will be leaving for SFAS next Saturday. I appreciate all the advice given on this site. I hope I can apply it and be selected.
Thanks
God speed.

Welcome, everyone!

Martin

aaron
02-05-2006, 02:21
Hello,

Firstly, I would like to thank all of you for your service to this country and its people. My name is Aaron. I am from California, and am currently attending college with an expected graduation in June 2006 (my major is Criminology). I am a DEP, with an 18x contract and I ship out July 12, 2006. I will be 22 years old by the time I ship out. Becoming a Special Forces soldier has been a childhood dream of mine, and I am excited to have the opportunity to pursue it (I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous as well). But no matter what, I will do my best. Thanks again.

Aaron

Daver
02-06-2006, 17:34
I'm an 18 year veteran of SF (SGM) and I have an important role in the future of our force. I have enjoyed reading many of the posts and wish we had something like this back then...most of us didn't know what a computer was except the Commodore 64!! After I heard of this site, I have talked with many future SF Soldiers and directed them to it. The reality is that THEY are OUR future just like we were back 10, 15, or more years ago. I appreciate that somebody started this site and I will enjoy being a part of it in the future.
Keep up the good work.

"De Oppresso Liber"

The Reaper
02-06-2006, 18:04
Welcome aboard Daver!

Good seeing you again today.

TR

longrange1947
02-06-2006, 18:13
Ah! Finally! A chaplain. Welcome aboard Padre. Do you do exorcisms? If so, we need to have a chat ...

NDD, you keep that up and you won't need the Padre, but an undertaker. The exorcism will come too late. :D

Bill Harsey
02-06-2006, 20:56
NDD, you keep that up and you won't need the Padre, but an undertaker. The exorcism will come too late. :D
It already is.

Welcome aboard Padre, and all others.

dennisw
02-07-2006, 10:02
The exorcism will come too late.

They are called legion, for they are many. you meant to exorcisms, right? :D

SSG Lockert
02-07-2006, 12:16
I AM SSG LOCKERT. I AM THE SF RECRUITER FOR THE STATE OF MS AND PREVIOUSLY A MEMBER OF 2-20TH SF GROUP. I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE MYSELF AVAILABLE TO ANY QUESTIONS YOU GUYS MAY HAVE FOR ME. THIS IS COMING FROM A RECRUITER WHO MORE THAN LIKELY CAN'T ENLIST YOU ANYWAY UNLESS YOU ARE WITHIN A FEW HUNDRED MILES OF MS. SO YOU KNOW MY ANSWERS WILL BE HONEST AND UNBIASED. SEND ME A PM ANYTIME.

Christophe
02-08-2006, 08:05
Hi all,

thanks for letting me register on this board.
I am a police officer since 3 years in a riot/intervention unit in Belgium´s capital,Brussels.
I am interested in USSF in general, but my main interest goes to MACVSOG.
Got a bunch of questions but will first look around a bit.

Take care,

Chris.

Kyobanim
02-08-2006, 09:10
Welcome all.

SSGLOCKERT - You'll get lots of questions here. :D Welcome

jjw
02-08-2006, 21:14
Checking in. I wandered over here from SOCNET (jw). I'm a Navy EOD Technician with 17 years of service. I try and stay in my lane, so unless it deals with explosives/EOD, I'll keep quiet.

CPTAUSRET
02-08-2006, 21:55
Checking in. I wandered over here from SOCNET (jw). I'm a Navy EOD Technician with 17 years of service. I try and stay in my lane, so unless it deals with explosives/EOD, I'll keep quiet.

Welcome aboard, Navy!

Terry

trango5
02-09-2006, 08:08
Hello,

I am 19 years old and finished high school about half a year ago. I am currently in Panama doing community service and learning Spanish. After some traveling and climbing in Colombia I will return to the U.S. and prepare for an enlistment in the Army. I am very interested in the 18X program. My main interests lie in mountaineering, travel, languages, and military history. I sincerely apologize for posting a question without first introducing myself here. Please let me stay.

CPTAUSRET
02-09-2006, 09:55
Hello,

I am 19 years old and finished high school about half a year ago. I am currently in Panama doing community service and learning Spanish. After some traveling and climbing in Colombia I will return to the U.S. and prepare for an enlistment in the Army. I am very interested in the 18X program. My main interests lie in mountaineering, travel, languages, and military history. I sincerely apologize for posting a question without first introducing myself here. Please let me stay.

trango:

Thus far you have done nothing which would get you banned.

Colombia is not the best place to hang out, and hasn't been for some time. I believe it is still considered the kidnap capitol of the world.

Terry

Bud
02-09-2006, 10:42
anyone out there?

Stump
02-09-2006, 10:57
Thanks for having the most quality site ive seen so far concerning this topic.Its hard to find reliable information[ army recruiters and career councilors rarely have it] and that makes it hard to make a solid descision. I apreciate the "professionals " taking the time here.

When I enlisted, I chose a combat MOS [19D] and got Airborne in my contract. I figured there was no way I was gonna miss this fight. BUT THEN- my orders sent me to Ft POLK, 1/509th. While it was an honor to serve as a Geronimo, and a great learning experince to help transform the OPFOR from a soviet doctrine to an insurgent one, I dont believe being a MILES warrior is the full reach of my potential.I currently serve with a NG cav unit in IL, and as a NG recruiter, but after my year obligation to the guard is up-Im back active.

Danila
02-09-2006, 22:53
Hi everyone,

Thanks for creating this great site. I'm a 23-year-old Junior at Williams College in western Massachusetts majoring in Psychology with a concentration in Leadership Studies. I served for 15 months in the IDF as an infantryman in the West Bank (I was the equivalent of a SAW gunner) and since I got back to the States last June I've been planning on joining the US Military upon graduation. I'm now pretty much set on serving in the Army but found your site while looking for information on whether I should sign an early enlistment contract for 18X or apply for a commission and try out for the Special Forces after 3 years of duty. If it interests anyone, I'm fluent in Hebrew and Russian so I suppose I'd be most suitable for 10th Group if it turns out I have what it takes to become a Special Forces Soldier.

So thanks again for the site and for letting me be a guest here. I'll likely be posting questions regarding my service options once I've done some more reading of your site.

Best,
Dan

bengalraider
02-09-2006, 22:53
Hey all,

Just want to say thanks for allowing me to post here. I'm getting ready to start up SFAS here shortly and this has been a great resource for me. Been checking out the site for a couple months now, looking at some of the tips for SFAS. Also read MAJ M's book (great help Sir, thanks.) Look forward to one day hopefully joining the ranks of the Quiet Professionals as well. Take care all.
B

mizuno
02-10-2006, 08:56
wow, talk about a gold mine. ive been researching SF for mths now and just stumbled across this. look forward to learning all i can and joining the ranks of the elite. thanks.

Kyobanim
02-10-2006, 09:23
Mizuno, welcome. Please fill out your profile.

aiki ins
02-10-2006, 11:29
It is a privilige to be among like minded people who value honor and integrity.

I recently relocated from the northeast and work as an account representative in the insurance industry.

I enjoy Martial arts, physical fitness, shooting, good food,wine and good bourbon.

Constanly striving for mushin and the warrior mindset...Am honored to be among those that already have achieved this.

Firewolf
02-10-2006, 15:59
I'd like to update the forum. I subscribed to this board while I was inprocessing, and have now reached my team. I'm the junior 18C, and I'm having a blast, literally. I'm running my second demo range next week. I won't mention teams, but I'm with 2/1 SFG. Thanks guys.

Gypsy
02-10-2006, 18:40
Welcome everyone.

Firewolf, lol nice! Congrats to you, stay safe and thanks for choosing to serve!

Daver
02-10-2006, 23:00
Hi

I'm currently a sophomore at the University of Georgia studying Political Science. I'm hoping to graduate sometime in 2007 and try to secure an 18x contract. I've just recently begun talking to a recruiter. I've always been fascinated by the military and was thinking about joining after high school but opted for college instead. That little itch to join the military and do something important is still in me so I've been reading everything I can regarding Special Forces.

Thank you for your service and providing this valuable resource.

Zippity,
I hope your desire to secure an 18X contract stays with you through next year. Make sure you ask the recruiter if he can introduce you to some actual "Team Guys", that is, men who have served on ODA's and can give you the real story of what SF is all about. If you still have questions, make sure you ask here as I'm sure you will get more outstanding advice then any recruiter can give you. One last small thing as well.....you mentioned you still have an "Itch" to join the military. SF is not an itch...it's a way of life and a True Brotherhood. Good luck with your future.

HOOT
02-11-2006, 21:10
Im honored to be getting help from the best, although its going to be me in the suck of it all to get where i want to go it shows your true professionalism as SF soldiers willing to help us future candidates. I hope Im able to serve with you in the future.

KillerDoc
02-12-2006, 11:55
Hi all i am glad and honored to be apart of this forum. I am currently in the "Q" as i like to call it. PIII at JSOMTC which i am currently looking at Blood and Syphilis under a microscope. I came here to mainly learn about what to expect from the different phases that are upcoming as well as share my experiences in all of them and also what to expect medically/professionally on an ODA. That being said i am also looking forward to helping out others and contributing on this forum as well (within reason as per Team Sergeants inbrief).

Eagle5US
02-12-2006, 12:03
Greetings Hoot and KillerDoc...
Happy to have you in the forum.

Eagle

Kyobanim
02-12-2006, 12:19
Welcome all

NoOne
02-13-2006, 07:03
Hello Gentlemen,

I am simply a civilian with no military experience. I have been a lurker on this site for several days now and felt it correct to register as has been asked. I was not able to enlist when I was interested in '91 due to health reasons, at least that is what the recruiter told me. Not having a resource like this and other websites I was clueless and not motivated enough to attempt to get a waiver. I find this site to be simply fascinating for someone who is interested in the military and a lover of learning history. I have greatly appreciated the posts by our Vietnam era Vets, thank you for sharing. Thanks to all of you for allowing a Civilian like me to get a small peak at the world of Special Operations.

Many years ago I read a book about SF operations in Laos with the Hmong and was impressed at what a small group of well trained and dedicated men could do with a force of motivated, yet near stone age tech level people. Sadly I do not recall the name of the book, I should search for it and read it again.

Thank You for allowing me here and thank you for serving our country. Now I will go back to lurking. Take care.

Soft Target
02-13-2006, 10:36
A marvelous site. Much better than others. I spoke to BamBam and you can blame him about my presence. I'm a retired, flash qualified, professional staff puke. I may have been there, but I didn't do it.

Seriously, you provide an invaluable service to those in the community and others with genuine interest. Thank you for this opportunity to keep up with and meet old comrades.

Dave

CPTAUSRET
02-13-2006, 10:40
A marvelous site. Much better than others. I spoke to BamBam and you can blame him about my presence. I'm a retired, flash qualified, professional staff puke. I may have been there, but I didn't do it.

Seriously, you provide an invaluable service to those in the community and others with genuine interest. Thank you for this opportunity to keep up with and meet old comrades.

Dave

Soft Target:

Welcome aboard, BamBam is good people.

Terry

drbgcarter
02-13-2006, 12:45
I am just another old soldier, started enlisted, went officer, left with a star. With all the changes in the AO I couldn't venture a guess at the new pace of SpecOps evolutions. It is nice to be back in the company of soldiers.

Kyobanim
02-13-2006, 12:50
I am just another old soldier, started enlisted, went officer, left with a star. With all the changes in the AO I couldn't venture a guess at the new pace of SpecOps evolutions. It is nice to be back in the company of soldiers.

Welcome and Happy Birthday

gipete
02-13-2006, 13:43
I'm new to the site, but have been lurking here for the last week.

I found Professional Soldiers from a link on another site. I am really impressed with the upfront and businesslike approach all of the members here have. It is a credit to all of you who maintain this site and contribute. Thank you.

I was an active Army and NDARNG soldier for eight years. I have never served in a combat zone. The most dangerous thing I ever encountered in my service was soju and it beat me down. In all seriousness, I would like to thank all of those here who have, or still are risking their lives to serve our great country.

I have been shooting and hunting since I was a little kid on a farm in rural ND. I competed with the NDARNG on my unit's combat rifle/pistol team, with no great success I might add. I was getting better with more trigger time and experience. I was looking forward to getting my first competition points at regionals at Camp Guernsey in Sep. 2001.......

My main activity in Professional Soldiers will be lurking. From what I've seen here so far, my limited experiences and knowledge will not provide any greater insight into the topics discussed. I will apply the skills I did learn from my sociology classes in college. I will observe, study, and glean as much information as I can from the forums.

Thanks again to all of the Professional Soldiers contributors,

Gary

CoLawman
02-13-2006, 13:58

As in Dr. Carter/Citadel?

Predator746
02-13-2006, 14:16
To All,
I am a retired 18ZW7 from 7th group. I spent time with ODAs 751, 752 and 746. I retired in 1999 while serving on ODB-740.
"Team Sergeant " is an old friend from pre-SF times. I just ran into him again after 24 years of not having seen him; what a great experience. I hope all who participate on this site have similiar experiences in finding old friends.

Paul

Team Sergeant
02-13-2006, 14:18
"Team Sergeant " is an old friend from pre-SF times. I just ran into him again after 24 years of not having seen him; what a great experience.
Paul

24 years?

Are you sure it was that long ago....;)

Great to have you onboard Paul.

TS

itsanarmything
02-13-2006, 14:41
I'd just like to take a moment to say Good Afternoon to everyone. I apologize about the length of time it took me to introduce myself, seeing as I've been caught up in reading some of the interesting forums, who can blame me? :-p

I'm a 22 year old male, who currently is in the National Guard. (Don't Laugh!) I work at Casey's General Store until the time that the National Guard signs off on my 368 and grants my request to transfer to Active Duty, though they've taken their time, I just recieved notice that it went through and it's on it's way back! I'm planning on signing up as 11B and learning all I can before I even begin to consider trying out at SFAS.

I'm interested in snowboarding, computers, and muscle cars. I also like to read when I can find the time, R.A. Salvatore and Raymond E Fiest are just a couple of my favorite authors. I'm also enjoying the chance to get to know some SF soldiers and learning all I can from the experiances they share on this site.

Hope everyone's day is going good!

Rich Jacobs

Jthor
02-13-2006, 19:26
Hello all. My name is Spc. James Thorpe. I am 21 years old and currently enlisted as an 11b in the Va Army National Guard. I am a Scout and have also been cross-trained as an 11C(Mortar Maggot). Hopefully I will be able to transfer to NC Guard and join the 20th SFG. HOOAH!!

NousDefionsDoc
02-13-2006, 19:39
Welcome aboard all.

Predator, is it true that when the TS was a private, he ate concertina from a bowl like spaghetti?

Huey14
02-14-2006, 02:32
I heard when the TS was younger he ate a nuke and when his Mum burped him it destroyed Hiroshima.

Whatever
02-14-2006, 04:00
Initial contact/BTB

I am currently in the Active Guard/Reserve system with 5th BN, 19th SFGA.
I am the Battalion Training/Assistant Ops NCO for 5th BN, 19th SFGA.

I have six years active duty all in conventional units, 13.5 years in the AGR system and 26 years total including USAR and ARNG service.

I completed the 18C course in 1987 and the 18E course in 1991. Will retire after I get at least one more deployment down range.

If you have any AGR questions or questions relating to 5/19th (in Colorado) I can probably provide some informed answers. BT AR

Scorpion6
02-14-2006, 08:41
Ive been reading on here awhile, and i dont honestly remember if i ever posted on this thread. I got on this site looking for more specific info on 19th SFG out of California. I am a SGT currently with 301st Psyop CO (A) out of San Diego. Im overseas right now serving GWOT, and hope to make the transition when i get home.

My life is simple, my food is plain, and my quarters are uncluttered. In all things, I have sought clarity. I face the troubles and problems of life and death willingly. Virtue, integrity and courage are my priorities. I can be approached, but never pushed; befriended but never coerced; killed but never shamed.
Admiral Yi Sun Shin

MtnGoat
02-14-2006, 09:36
I'm new to the site, I took my shoes off at the door way. I cleared my gun and hung it on the wall.

I found Professional Soldiers site from a Quiet Professional. I am really impressed with the upfront and business like approach all of the members here have. It is a credit to all of you who maintain this site and contribute. Thank you.

I an active Army Quiet Professional for eight years, doing my SWTG time now. I'm 10th Group going to 3rd Group later this summer. Looking to finish out here at Bragg.

Little about me....... Combat Engineer for seven year with 6th Eng out of AK, jumped with 1-501th & 27 Eng, did a year as a Sapper Leader instructor @ Ft Lost Woods; then SFQC in 1996 went to 10th Grp Carson. Mountian guy through and through; Berg Heil for some of you. SWTG 18C Committee and now OPS NCO for SWTG S3.

My main activity in Professional Soldiers will be lurking and posting. From what I've seen some really great posts here so far, looking to see what experiences and knowledge will provide any greater insight into the topics discussed. I will apply the skills I have learned from my experiences. I will observe, study, and glean as much information as I can from the forums and discussion broads. :munchin

Thanks again to all of the Professional Soldiers contributors.

VG

"History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Bill Harsey
02-14-2006, 10:05
Welcome aboard Sir.

Everyone else, Welcome aboard too.

NDD, I don't believe Team Sergeant did what you asked his old friend about.
I know him, as a private he wouldn't have had the manners or grace to have used the bowl.

cobraondarun
02-14-2006, 15:15
Im a 22 year old male from miami, fl. I am currently taking class at FIU, and training to join the service in the next 6 months. I have learned so much here from just using the search function, and hopefully learn a lot more. Thanks for the great site.

SctFree
02-14-2006, 22:48
Hello all. I did an intro back in Oct. and have since been lurking and learning here. Just wanted to say it was about this time last night that I signed my papers for an 18X contract after a fun day at MEPS. I'll continue lurking and value any communication. Thanks again to PS.com and all who contribute. Had to tell you all before I told my valentine. :D

chairborne
02-15-2006, 09:11
Hello all, I'm a 98GAD with the 82nd, been here for 3 years and 3 deployments and am starting to think it's time to (redacted) or get off the pot. I'm still in the "thinking seriously" category for several reasons. One is that I'm finally recovering surgery to repair a torn up shoulder and with encouragement from an old room mate who just started phase II I'm trying to get back in shape.
I've worked with socom soldiers occasionally (more often than not in an indirect way) and have always liked the respect they gave to and expected from others. I'm a little bit of a gun nut, am trying to improve my 3/2+ in arabic, and at 190 pounds have never run a pt test slower than 1230. On the negative side I'm kind of an asshole, I pick my nose and eat the boogers when I think no one is looking, and I have a blunt persona that has landed me in trouble before, never for being wrong mind you, but for taking that "tone". This site is chock full of good stuff, and I plan on mostly just soaaking it all in. I've got a little experience if anyone has any language type questions, but most of my other experience is not for general consumption, not that it's interesting anyway. take care.

CPTAUSRET
02-15-2006, 09:41
chairborne:

Welcome.

Now fill out your profile, use mine as an example, if you like.

Terry

Jack Moroney (RIP)
02-15-2006, 11:00
I'm kind of an asshole, I pick my nose and eat the boogers when I think no one is looking, .

So is this a cultural thing, and environmental thing(recycling), or perhaps you are dyslexic and thought this was a site for quiet pickers and not quiet professionals, or perhaps this is your subtle way of making sure you are not invited to attend any social gatherings where finger food is being served. Interesting introduction, welcome aboard-I think.

Kyobanim
02-15-2006, 11:28
Don't ask to borrow his keyboard.

kailua99
02-15-2006, 15:16
What a great site. I have been reading posts here for a few months, but realized today I never introduced myself in the open forum.

I am currently serving in SWTG. I started out in 10th SFG(A), and spent the last few years in Hawaii at SOCPAC.

There must be 10,000 years of combined SF experience represented here. It is really great to find such a great forum for professional discussion. I look forward to being a part of it all.

Kailua 99

Jack Moroney (RIP)
02-15-2006, 15:19
Welcome aboard Kailua99.

NousDefionsDoc
02-15-2006, 16:17
There must be 10,000 years of combined SF experience represented here.
Yeah, and that's just Longrange, Ambush Master and Colonel Sir.

resistor
02-15-2006, 17:54
I've got the last post in this thread, so I'm guess I'm new newest of the newbs. I've been around the Army for awhile now, been on AD, a couple or 3 in the Reserves, and the last 2 in the NG. I've been lurking about the last couple of days, and can see this place is a wealth of info, if not only for the SF related topics, but for general fieldcraft and whatnot. I might not be SF, but I can use alot of the stuff I read here. Hit the search button and ye shall be rewarded! I promise I'll be doing alot of that. :) See yall around.

Daver
02-15-2006, 19:53
On the negative side I'm kind of an asshole, I pick my nose and eat the boogers when I think no one is looking, and I have a blunt persona that has landed me in trouble before, never for being wrong mind you, but for taking that "tone".

Hmmmm, this might be looked at as an "Extreme Sport" that most wouldn't take part in!

Ladon 71
02-15-2006, 20:29
Good evening all,

Thank you for letting me join this forum. I found the site while searching for a friends article on the warrior mindset. "The Ultimate Weapon: Harnessing the Combat Multiplier of a Warrior Mindset."

I am currently a Civil Support Team Commander involved in WMD Response in CONUS. I spent the first part of my career beating the air into submission as an AH-1F pilot, UH-1 IP and MTP. Now have moved on to the WMD area.

My soldiers are the best and I train them to win. We have training in all areas of CBRNE response and military support to 1st responders in CONUS.

I hope to pick up anything I can from the group; a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. In our fields the more knowledge we have and share the more dangerous we are to our enemy.

Many challenges face us all in the future; it is not a question of “if” but “when”. Keep pressing the fight to as you do so well. God speed. I’ll continue train my soldiers hard, we will be ready to respond at home when the need arises. “PRESS ON”

Paul P.

Kyobanim
02-15-2006, 20:30
There must be 10,000 years of combined SF experience represented here.

Yeah, and that's just Longrange, Ambush Master and Colonel Sir.

Bwahahahah

phalanx50
02-16-2006, 12:16
I'm Jake.

I'm a police officer in a small town in South, Georgia. I dont really know what else to say except I was refered here by ZoneOne and reaaly am interested in learning everything I can.

Thank you for your time.

jake

Fox
02-16-2006, 16:28
Hi everyone,

I'm currently a sophomore in college and lately as of this year, I've begun to lose interest in college. While I enjoy college I feel like I'm not getting a sense of adventure and personal challenge anymore. I'm an Air Force Brat by birth. My mother is a MSG(ret). I've spent 14 years of my life on military bases. So I've gotten some military discipline etched into me. My mom was a Drill Instructor, didn't fancy pissing her off too much and the times that I decided to test those waters, Ha, well lets just say that god damn thick parade belt hurt.

Anyways I'm here to get a bit of info on SF.

Thanks for your time,

~John

Michelle
02-16-2006, 22:03
I'm Jake.

I'm a police officer in a small town in South, Georgia. I dont really know what else to say except I was refered here by ZoneOne and reaaly am interested in learning everything I can.

Thank you for your time.

jake

Hey Jake! Nice to see you here.

m1

phalanx50
02-17-2006, 14:52
Always nice to see you M1.

jake

Nonna
02-18-2006, 12:42
Good morning Gentlemen!

I am a very proud mom of an 18X candidate who has completed all phases of his training (old pipeline). My son is at SERE as we speak, and it appears that we will be at Ft Bragg for graduation in mid-March if all goes well at SERE. I am especially proud in the fact that my son will probably be one of the youngest graduates in that he is only 20.

rab97
02-18-2006, 13:06
DELETE

CDRODA396
02-19-2006, 20:13
Joined in Mar 05 passed my bona fides and since have retired, moved, found employment and am finally getting around to monitoring this forum again, and since TR directed me to re-introduce myself...enlisted in 1981, spent three years in the 82d, got out, got edumacated, returned and spent 7 more years as an Inf officer, 82d, 2d ID, 101st. Went to selection in 95, 3d GP, SWCS, 3d GP and my last assignment was with SOCOM. I retired on 1 OCT 05 and am currently working as an Asst. Prof of Military Science at a rather prestigious northwestern university. Ultimately, I am looking to move back to the Bragg area and settle down in a nice cozy GS/contractor job supporting the SWC produce more Quiet Professionals. I will be more active now that I realize that the Group boards, at least 3d GP's are not generally too busy, and Base Camp is the board to monitor.

NousDefionsDoc
02-19-2006, 21:45
Welcome back Brother

CDRODA396
02-19-2006, 21:57
ND,

Thanks, I'll try and stay current!

ddoubleu
02-21-2006, 08:44
Good morning all,

Thank you for allowing me to become a member of Professional Soldiers. I have no military experience however I come from a family with a long law enforcement background. I come form north of the border in Canada. I find you site to be a fountain of information and look forward to being a member for the years to come.

Warrior-Mentor
02-21-2006, 10:07
Good morning Gentlemen!

I am a very proud mom of an 18X candidate who has completed all phases of his training (old pipeline). My son is at SERE as we speak, and it appears that we will be at Ft Bragg for graduation in mid-March if all goes well at SERE. I am especially proud in the fact that my son will probably be one of the youngest graduates in that he is only 20.

Great to see supportive parents who take an active interest in their children's accomplishments. You should be proud. You raised him right!

Michael Vain
02-21-2006, 15:24
Hi, just want to introduce myself and say "Hi".

I'm not in the service, I'm a firearms enthusiast, particularly HKs and SIGs.

Evolution
02-21-2006, 20:18
Quiet Professionals, Service Members, & Fellow Wannabe's:

Greetings. I have been a registered member of this site for well over a year and an anonymous observer for even longer. I have just begun my actual pursuit of a REP-63 with 2/19 SFG and decided it was due time to post an introduction.

My name is Matthew. I'm 21 years old and come from a mostly military family. My great grandfather was a Sea Bee in WWII, my Great Uncle was a member of the NAVY, my cousin is a member of the Naval Special Operations community, and my father is current AGR at Camp Atterbury.

I have long been doing research and silently observing here and at other websites for far too long. In retrospect, I wish I would have begun this journey when I was 17.

In the next couple weeks, I will be driving from central Indiana to West Virginia to interview and head to MEPS for an inspect and hopefully contracting.

With all of that said, I will now STFU and return to listening and learning until I am spoken to.

Regards,

Matthew

CPTAUSRET
02-21-2006, 20:23
Welcome aboard, all.

Terry

NousDefionsDoc
02-21-2006, 20:35
Quiet Professionals, Service Members, & Fellow Wannabe's:

Greetings. I have been a registered member of this site for well over a year and an anonymous observer for even longer. I have just begun my actual pursuit of a REP-63 with 2/19 SFG and decided it was due time to post an introduction.

My name is Matthew. I'm 21 years old and come from a mostly military family. My great grandfather was a Sea Bee in WWII, my Great Uncle was a member of the NAVY, my cousin is a member of the Naval Special Operations community, and my father is current AGR at Camp Atterbury.

I have long been doing research and silently observing here and at other websites for far too long. In retrospect, I wish I would have begun this journey when I was 17.

In the next couple weeks, I will be driving from central Indiana to West Virginia to interview and head to MEPS for an inspect and hopefully contracting.

With all of that said, I will now STFU and return to listening and learning until I am spoken to.

Regards,

Matthew

I like you Matthew. When you get a contract, PM me.

XspankyX
02-21-2006, 22:59
Hello all,

I have been a registered member since March 2004, however, I haven't posted much.

I come from a military family. My dad is a pilot in the Navy, my brother was an Army MP, and my grandfather was a WWII Army MP in post-war Italy during the occupation.

I am a police officer in northwest Florida.

I am here simply to learn from all of you and from your experiences. Thank you to everyone who has served or is serving. You are an inspiration.

Sincerely,

Mark

Hydra
02-22-2006, 14:45
Hello,

I'am recently back from Aghanistan from a 10 month tour, it was cut short due to the death of my mother. Iam in the N.G and started as a ADA soldier, and now iam heading to finish M.P school this summer. Ive been in for 4 years and saw alot of sides of the military overseas. I did some work with the S.F and C.A overthere and decided to look into it when i was home. Iam currently training up for selection and started my schedule last month. I dont want to be a soldier that thinks its cool because he served with them and just jump into it, thats why iam here to do the research.

Out

Gypsy
02-22-2006, 19:14
Welcome home Hydra, thank you for your service to our Country...I'm sorry for your loss.

Welcome aboard to everyone else!

Bill Harsey
02-23-2006, 19:34
Again, just catching up on the Intro thread here.

Special thanks to you who serve our country and those who have raised the ones that do.

Welcome to the best website on this planets internet.

ECHO6GOLF
02-23-2006, 20:41
Just found out about your site from another site and will lurk after this post.
Im going on 12 years in the Corps as a Comm guy.
Currently stationed with E Co. 4th Reconnaisance Battalion as the Communication Chief.

Thanks for having me aboard. I will go back to my cave now.

G

NousDefionsDoc
02-23-2006, 21:22
Welcome home Hydra.

Welcome aboard all.

CPTAUSRET
02-23-2006, 22:13
Just found out about your site from another site and will lurk after this post.
Im going on 12 years in the Corps as a Comm guy.
Currently stationed with E Co. 4th Reconnaisance Battalion as the Communication Chief.

Thanks for having me aboard. I will go back to my cave now.

G

Welcome aboard, Marine.

Terry

JGonell
02-23-2006, 23:44
Hello, fellas thanks for allowing me to be a guest. I'm a former army grunt (leg and ABN) (ft. davis and Bragg) and apache crew chief (Campbell) (90-97). I know my place so I'll sit back and keep my mouth shut. I came over from LF.net look at SSFD's first line gear and asked about his second line.

Currently working on getting back to shooting and sharing it with my kids (12 & 7). Okay, time to shut up and listen.

Jose
AATW!

ECHO6GOLF
02-24-2006, 00:24
Welcome aboard, Marine.

Terry

Its good to be aboard Sir, Thanks.

G

Blackmonk
02-24-2006, 16:22
Hello, my name is Matthew and I am thankful to have ran across this site at the time that I have.

I was AD Army from '88 - '91 as an airborne infantyman with the 1/501. I earned my Ranger tab and finished up as a scout/sniper. It's now 15 years later and I am in the process of re-enlisting as an 18X with the intention of becoming an 18D.

Thanks for all the straight-forward information regarding what to expect. I believe in doing everything possible to prepare and then executing to the best of my ability. After that, it's all in the hands of lady luck so I try to treat her kindly and keep the faith!

I don't know what took me so damn long to figure out that SF is where I belong, but I am focused now on correcting that oversight!

huntcg
02-25-2006, 15:01
I registered here a few days ago and just wanted to thank everyone here for the wealth of information available. I am currently an E5 with the FL NG and considering trying out for 20th Group. I appreciate the opportunity to use this site as a research tool in the meantime.
A little bit of info about myself: I was originally a 13F, but upon moving to FL I became an 11B and went to Iraq as such. (Actually served as an 11C, but due to a few issues with paperwork was never formally awarded the MOS) I'm currently the Commo Sgt. for my company and preparing for a rotation to Germany for AT. I probably won't be posting anything else for some time, as I plan to keep my mouth shut and take everything in for awhile.
Again, thank you for allowing me to utilize this quality site while I begin my journey (hopefully) into SF.

Jake Commando
02-25-2006, 15:44
Good to find such a forum exists. I am in the SFMS portion of the 18D course and am scheduled for SAGE this summer. Looking forward to finally getting to a Team and getting to work.

Jake

See2
02-26-2006, 10:50
Afternoon, everyone.

First and foremost, thank you for your service to our country.

Thanks, also, for allowing me on your forum. I'm a civilian, but have been involved in the custom (and production) knife community for a while now.

I won't be posting much, if at all, as I find it's better to keep your teeth together when you don't know what you're talking about, rather than talking out of turn and looking like an asshole.

I recognize some of the names here from the knife world, and as always, it's great to see you guys.

OK - enough from me. I shall continue to lurk, and hopefully learn. I look forward to reading what you write.

Chris

CPTAUSRET
02-26-2006, 11:01
Afternoon, everyone.

Thanks, also, for allowing me on your forum. I'm a civilian, but have been involved in the custom (and production) knife community for a while now.

I won't be posting much, if at all, as I find it's better to keep your teeth together when you don't know what you're talking about, rather than talking out of turn and looking like an asshole.

I recognize some of the names here from the knife world, and as always, it's great to see you guys.

OK - enough from me. I shall continue to lurk, and hopefully learn. I look forward to reading what you write.

Chris

It would not be OK for you to advertise your product (before we get to know you), but how about an example of your work?

Terry

Bill Harsey
02-26-2006, 11:40
Afternoon, everyone.

Chris
Welcome aboard Chris.
Report into the Edged Weapons thread as advised.

See2
02-26-2006, 11:40
Crap - sorry about that. Did NOT mean to imply I'm a maker. Not yet, anyway. Collector/user, and sometimes I follow that Strider guy from show to show.

*EDIT* Thanks Bill! Will do!

CPTAUSRET
02-26-2006, 17:28
Crap - sorry about that. Did NOT mean to imply I'm a maker. Not yet, anyway. Collector/user, and sometimes I follow that Strider guy from show to show.

*EDIT* Thanks Bill! Will do!

Looks like Mr Harsey will keep you out of trouble.

That's pretty good protection!

Terry

jmc19
02-26-2006, 22:49
Hello Gentlemen:
First of all, thank you for letting me visit this board. I am currently a cadet at a military academy and I have an interest in Special Forces. I here to learn what I can about both Special Forces and the profession of arms from people who know, and I appreciate the opportunity to be a part of this board. I'll be keeping my mouth shut and my ears open. Again, thank you all.

LetGodSortEmOut
02-28-2006, 02:34
First of all, THANK YOU to all the SF soliders out there that are reading this and a special thanks to the ones that let me type all over their forum.

This is my first post...well, on ANY online forum for that matter, I just didnt see the point because all the other ones that I have seen are well, pointless.

But enough about that, I WAS a SF Recruit who lost site of my goals in life and took 3 years to figure out what I wanted to do in life and I feel like the good Lord is calling me back. So, I have taken the ASVAB again (4 years after the first time I took it) and scored a bit higher (an 83 instead of a 77) and will be signing another 18x contract asap.

I estimated to be shipping out in August sometime because that will give me the 4 months I so desperately need to run myself into the ground to get ready for the unexpected trials of your type of intense training.

Once again, thanks to all for the web space to type and God Bless. I hope to see you all soon.

tcharles
02-28-2006, 06:46
I appreciate, very much, the information made available by those in the know on this forum. Thank you.

I served in the NG for five years as a 77Lima/13Bravo. I recently signed the 18X contract and look forward to shipping.

My library contains a volume to which I refer often entitled Getting Selected..... Again, information I would not have been privy to had it not been for this board.

I have one or two questions that have not been answered and would like to post if necessary.

Very Respectfully,

Charles

Eagle5US
02-28-2006, 09:10
JMC19/ LGSEO / TCharles-

Welcome to PS.com fellas. We are happy to have you here. Look around, enjoy yourselves.

TCharles-well thought out questions (that haven't already been beat to death) are always welcomed. The search button will provide a great deal of information as well.

Eagle

Sabre 07
02-28-2006, 13:20
Gentlemen,
I appreciate the opportunity to participate. LE Monkey ('83-present) and retired ARNG E7 ('79-03). I do the training gig at my PD and take part in the tactical community on the local/state level.

By the same name on other boards.

Thanks.
Curt

Turbobalaclava
02-28-2006, 16:38
Hello everyone,

I am a 27yr old who is considering the 18x enlistment option. I have decided that sitting at my desk in an office for the rest of my life is not what I am looking for.

Thank you for putting together a website that has already proven to be informative and enlightening.

Now back to PT and practice ruck marching.

Brian

CPTAUSRET
02-28-2006, 16:47
Gentlemen,
I appreciate the opportunity to participate. LE Monkey ('83-present) and retired ARNG E7 ('79-03). I do the training gig at my PD and take part in the tactical community on the local/state level.

By the same name on other boards.

Thanks.
Curt

Sabre:

Welcome.

Do I know you from another board?

Terry

Sabre 07
02-28-2006, 20:48
Sabre:

Welcome.

Do I know you from another board?

Terry

With a big black and white cat...:)

Thomas_Leo
02-28-2006, 20:53
I am an 18 yo who is still in high school. I have been homeschooled from the beginning.

Am currently working partime at the local funeral home.

After graduating from HS, I intend to enlist in the Marine Corps.

I have always been in awe of the military and special forces from day one[that is me and my two brothers would always play war games in the yard and the woods..........and still do sometimes]. I have always dreamed of possibly becoming one of this great community but not sure if it is for me.

Found this web site from a comment at AR15.com

Hobbies: hunting, trapping, smallbore match shooting

One thing that really hooked me was finding out that my great-uncle was a Green Beret in Vietnam.

I am a bit shy when it comes to asking people about their experiences[afraid of hitting a raw nerve], which makes this website a Godsend cuz I can sit back and just read.

Thomas_Leo

Thanks for opening the site to laymen[boys] like myself!

CPTAUSRET
02-28-2006, 22:02
With a big black and white cat...:)

You will find a great many good people here.

Glad you found your way.

Terry

greg_monterey
03-01-2006, 00:28
Hello all, I'm Greg. I am an army linguist and arabic instructor for the Defense Language Institute but currently serving as liaison to USAJFKSWCS. I'm doing my small part to aid the SFQC pipeline. Nice site guys.

M4Guru
03-01-2006, 06:45
I registered here a while back, but just started posting. Active duty 18B, fairly recent grad of ther SFQC. Currently trying to get to Campbell against my CSMs will.

Some of you may recognize my SN from SOCNET or LF.net

Bill Harsey
03-01-2006, 08:36
Hello all, I'm Greg. I am an army linguist and arabic instructor for the Defense Language Institute but currently serving as liaison to USAJFKSWCS. I'm doing my small part to aid the SFQC pipeline. Nice site guys.
Welcome here Greg, Thanks for what you do.

Welcome everyone else too.

AK49Gonz
03-01-2006, 11:08
Hello,

My name is Brian Basque and I am a screenwriter living in Hollywood, California. To those I offended by posting in the wrong place my first time out, I apologize profusely. Now a little about me. First, I have no intention of exploiting anyone here in any way. I'm here because I am interested in telling the story of the Green Berets in Afghanistan in the days after 9/11. I believe this was one of the most heroic military actions in history and have every wish or portraying it that way. Second, I am not your ordinary Hollywood screenwriter by any stretch. I hail from a small town in Alaska, was reared in a very conservative family, and have the upmost respect for the men and women who serve in our armed forces. I've come looking for people who might have served in the Special Forces who would be willing to talk to me about their experiences. I look forward to meeting and talking to you.

Thanks. -Brian

Bill Harsey
03-01-2006, 11:58
Hello,

My name is Brian Basque and I am a screenwriter living in Hollywood, California. To those I offended by posting in the wrong place my first time out, I apologize profusely. Now a little about me. First, I have no intention of exploiting anyone here in any way. I'm here because I am interested in telling the story of the Green Berets in Afghanistan in the days after 9/11. I believe this was one of the most heroic military actions in history and have every wish or portraying it that way. Second, I am not your ordinary Hollywood screenwriter by any stretch. I hail from a small town in Alaska, was reared in a very conservative family, and have the upmost respect for the men and women who serve in our armed forces. I've come looking for people who might have served in the Special Forces who would be willing to talk to me about their experiences. I look forward to meeting and talking to you.

Thanks. -Brian
Thanks for posting here Brian.

It will be best if you do as already advised by the Quiet Professionals and go to the PAO listed. I will venture an educated guess that what your asking for may not be easily available on this forum. Be sure to try and wear out the search function here, much history and information is available.

One question, What in the hell is a good Alaska country boy doing in Hollywood?

D_Bahnsen
03-01-2006, 21:54
Hello,

Im 19 years getting to sign my 18x contract in a few hours. I came here on the recomendation from Getting Selected for Special Forces. Hopefully I will be shipping out within the next two months, but of course I will find out in a few hours. I've come here to learn and listen and probably will not be posting much.
Thank you guys for the wealth of information provided.

AK49Gonz
03-02-2006, 08:17
Thanks, Bill, for the advice. Wow, after looking around this site a bit, I am way more than impressed by the people who post here. After going through the usual internet forums populated by guys who may or may not be held up in Montana cabins posting their manifestos, it's nice to find the place where the REAL guys come to talk shop.

I'm going to read as much as I can here as it's obvious you guys know your stuff.

Oh, and in answer to your question about how an Alaskan country boy finds Hollywood-- six months of snow, a choice between oilfield work or salmon fishing, and a fourteen-to-one girl-guy ratio all played a part.

Have a great day, everyone... -Brian

orangedog
03-02-2006, 14:07
Hello.

I am a DEP who signed as an 18X. I leave for Benning at the end of the month. I found this site from a reccomendation in MAJ Martin's book "Get Selected". I am 20 years old and live in Virginia.

Thank you for the information on this site, and of course all you do and have done for our country.

crazy mech engr
03-02-2006, 17:12
I am a 26 year old mechanical engineering student. About six months ago I made the decision to sign up for the Army and the 18x program(just took the ASVAB). I decided to get off my ass and start working out and researching everything I could. I had 10^6 and one questions(a little math humor sorry!) until I found this site a few weeks ago. Now all I do is search the site and read old posts trying to inform myself. Now I have no more questions or have deciphered the answers for myself. Excellent site and would like to thank everyone who has posted and provided a wealth of info. Now it is time for me to go recede back into my cubby hole and continue reading posts and pushing myself. thank you

Redrum Nine
03-02-2006, 19:39
Hello, my name Craig.

I have no LE or Military backgroud. Im just a simple home theater installer for an electronics retailer. I am here to learn and know which lane i belong in, and i stay there.

Thanks for allowing me here and will never break the level of respect that you guys deserve. You certainly have earned it.

Croooz
03-03-2006, 09:36
Name is Frank. I was in the US Navy for 10 years. Great site.

Meridian
03-03-2006, 11:45
Good afternoon,

I'm a third-year law student, and I'm interested in the REP-63 program. I'm currently living in Massachusetts, but might be relocating to California shortly. I have no military experience. My hobbies include Mixed Martial Arts, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and fitness. Thanks,

Benjamin

Roguish Lawyer
03-03-2006, 12:08
Good afternoon,

I'm a third-year law student, and I'm interested in the REP-63 program. I'm currently living in Massachusetts, but might be relocating to California shortly. I have no military experience. My hobbies include Mixed Martial Arts, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and fitness. Thanks,

Benjamin

Where are you going to school?

Meridian
03-03-2006, 12:43
Roguish,

I'm graduating from Northeastern University School of Law this May. Are you currently practicing in L.A.? Unless the firm I'm clerking for this Spring in Boston gives me an offer, I'll probably be heading out your way soon.

Benjamin

Roguish Lawyer
03-03-2006, 13:23
Roguish,

I'm graduating from Northeastern University School of Law this May. Are you currently practicing in L.A.? Unless the firm I'm clerking for this Spring in Boston gives me an offer, I'll probably be heading out your way soon.

Benjamin

Yes, you can PM me if you have questions about anything.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
03-03-2006, 13:55
Yes, you can PM me if you have questions about anything.

Uh-oh, a gathering of "Leagles"

Airborne
03-03-2006, 20:02
Hello all,

I have been a lurker on your site for roughly 6 months, I am a 25C RTO currently serving in the 1st COSCOM. While definitely not a dream assignment it has been a good learning experience for me and has given me an outstanding opportunity to learn quite a lot about computers and the way the supply system works. I was even able to attend the Air Assault course that recently came to Fort Bragg; I know “Bullwinkle badge” but it was a good experience for a cherry PFC like me.

I managed to get orders to 112th SIG Det. SOCEUR so I have been frequenting the site more the last couple of months to learn as much as I can about the men I will be supporting. I have found the 18E forum quite informative especially since I have not touched a piece of COMMO equipment since AIT. I apologize for the long winded intro, and even though I am sure it has been said a thousand times I will now go back to lurking unless I am spoken to.

Thanks

lyonsd
03-04-2006, 23:47
My name is Dave and I live in GA.

I was in the USN from 1983-1987 and was a student at BUD/S class 141. I didn't graduate and I went home with a torn ligamant in my knee. My re-enlistment code is RE-3P.

I went to college and earned a BS and MS in electrical engineering. Got married and have two children. I am currently involved in a divorce. :(

I work as a digital broadband network engineer. I am also back in college and expect to earn a MBA in May 2007. If I am not married and do not have custody of my children at that time, then I am considering joining the National Guard and going 18X.

My hobbies include Boy Scouting with my son, running, weight lifting, Shuai Chiao, and riding my Harley.

Thank you.

Martin
03-05-2006, 12:31
Welcome everyone! Thanks to all new members who have served the USA!

lyonsd, I wish you the best of luck and a solid will. I sincerely hope you will keep your children's hearts safe and strong.

Martin

doc22584
03-05-2006, 16:03
Ive been in the army for almost 3 years. Im a medic and im stationed at ft stewart, ga. Ive wanted to be a SF soldier since i came in the army, and hopefully i can get the ball rolling this month because i go to selection on the 18th of this month. Ill keep the board posted.

Tom W
03-05-2006, 22:47
Hey all,

1st GP guy here. I was a commo guy before, now I am an 18F and am working at SOCPAC. I hate the desk job but Hawaii is pretty cool. Counting the days until I can get back to Group.

Anyway, just checkin in.

BTAR

velociraptor
03-05-2006, 23:56
I appreciate the opportunity to listen and learn as a guest in your house. My thanks to all of you who have, are or will serve our country.

I am a civilian enterprise UNIX systems administrator--survived the dot.com boom and bust. But I'm not happy in my current profession, and want something more meaningful in the next iteration. Under serious consideration are an accelerated BSN program, followed by ANC. Hopefully, I can gain some insights into AD medical service from the boards, and perhaps engage the docs should I have further questions.

I was in ROTC in college, but did not complete the program though I did complete my degree.

Oddly, I found PS.com through a search for more info on benzoine tincture, which I had never heard of before. My poor dogs get blisters if you give my feet a mean look.

Again, thanks for giving us the opportunity to hear your professional perspectives unfiltered by others' "editorial sensibilities".

=V=

marcmmclellan
03-07-2006, 12:09
Gentleman,

I would like to start with a couple thank yous:
1. I want to thank the administrator's for giving me an area to post an introduction.
2. I appreciate the time and effort place into this forum. It is a wealth of information.

A few things about me:
I started my military career in the Marine Corps in 1989. Served my 6 years then left active duty. I missed the military camaraderie. In the wake of 9/11 I joined the reserve served a couple years.

I will be running my second LA Marathon on March 19. My coworkers shy away from these challenges...

I was seeking something more for myself and service to others. I discovered the local Special Forces Unit in late Jan 2006. I attended the SFRE in Feb 2006 with no ruck preparation (I missed the run and ruck march). The Major and SSG both stated that I did very well considering and invited me back to attend their next SFRE.

Why do I want to be a Special Forces Soldier?
This goes back to High school when I attended Army JROTC. One of the teachers just retired as a MSG from the Special Forces. I did not know at the time as Special Forces are almost as obscure as prison life but they are mature operators, teachers and representatives of our country. This is where I want to be. I want to be surrounded by men attacking challenges.

In my interview after the SFRE the SSG stated that the "Green Beret" is a license to learn…

Now it is on me.

So far, I have invested some time with a ruck on my back. I will build the miles and speed. I will polish up the speed of my runs after my marathon in a couple of weeks. I missed the run by just under a minute and the 8 mile ruck by half an hour. After a couple of weeks I have dropped my 5 mile ruck time from an 18:30 mile to around 13:40 min mile. I'll build my distance to 11 miles (over the hill by my house) and the ruck time to around 12 minutes or so. The two leaders of the SFRE ran the entire distance. I will be prepared to do the same.

Thanks again for your time,

Marc McLellan
Fullerton, CA

NousDefionsDoc
03-07-2006, 12:38
Welcome aboard.

Jarhead:)

JangoMike
03-07-2006, 16:56
Greetings.

I noticed there wasnt an actual strict guideline for posting your intro but I would like to give an impressive but not annoying one.

I was given a heads up on this site by Longwire and I would like to say thank you to him for that.

My name is Mike. I am 24 years old and currently serving with the 115 Maint Co in Iraq. My MOS is a 63H20 and I have been in the ARMY for 5 years.

My Military Career so far: I spent 3 years active duty, 1 year IRR, then got called up to come play in Iraq for a year. So I guess that makes it 5 years, at least thats what my LES says...haha My active duty days I spent working at NTC with the 557th Maint Co. I got out after my first 3 years to finish my degree, work and support my family. However that all came to a pause when I was called back to come to Iraq, where I am currently at.

About myself: I am happily married with 2 children. My home is in Lake Elsinore CA. My interest and loves in life are the art of film making, music, and of course being a great dad and husband. I play the drums but consider my self a percussionist. I also enjoy hunting, fishing, surfing and skateboarding. I also enjoy reading, writing, and advancing my mind as far as it can go. I love to laugh and make people laugh, its a beautiful thing.

My interest in SF: Yes I am very interested in SF. However it is not in an AIRSOFT, romantic, SOCOM Navy Seals way. I am not drawn to SF because of their cool toys or their "crazy lifestyle", but rather because I believe that is a place where I belong. I always felt while being a regular, that there is something wrong, or something missing in the ARMY. When I speak to SF people, most notably a LTC ZIMMERMAN, it just seems to me that the things I am seeking are in the SF community. The SF community to me, is a professional, tight knit, loving family. Yeah I said loving, because only a love for your fellow man, your brother, can explain their extraordinary relationships which I believe is part of why they CAN do what they do. They are also a different breed of man. These kinds of people are rare in the world. When I think about SF, its like a primative calling, it is calling me. You guys need good, talented, and special people. I feel I can bring that to the table.

However, I am humble enough to shut my mouth and listen to what you guys have to say to me. Perhaps this is for me or maybe in another lifetime it will be.

I hope my introduction offers a clear insight into who I am and what I am seeking. If there is anything you wish to know more about, please feel free to ask me.

Take care!

Mike

The Reaper
03-07-2006, 17:29
Welcome all!

Vets, thanks for your service.

TR

LongWire
03-07-2006, 17:40
Welcome JangoMike....Good Intro...hope you find what your looking for, feel free to look around!!!!

slcraig
03-07-2006, 17:47
Hello All,
Just to introduce myself, I'm Steve Craig, retired in 1988...sometimes I regret it, but did my 20 and have many, many fond memories. Started out in the 7th Group, lots of Motor Pool duties, along with a few good FTX's. Then off to the 5th in 'Nam, spent my time at A-104, Ha Thanh...I know, an "A-Team Puke" ...
Got out for a few months after I got back, then off to Devens with the 10th for a year. Believe it or not, actually got orders to go to 46th in Thailand, didn't volunteer...or re-up to get it. Spent 13 months there having a ball. Then back to Devens for a long spell, mostly in Signal Company but also got to go to the HALO team for a spell. Got orders for Bad Tölz, but my Team Sgt from Devens got me transferred to Det A, an interesting and exciting assignment. Finished my 20 years after that trip on the hill, with SF Training Group. Retired in '88, and moved with my (then) wife to Australia. Been here ever since, love the weather but miss the camaraderie...anyone who wants to catch up feel free, email me or catch me here.
Stevie Craig D-1917L

Big Daddy59
03-07-2006, 18:27
Sirs,
My thanks for allowing me to post on this outstanding site. A little about myself I am in the Security Forces Career Field, I also have a Secondary AFSC as a Combat Arms Instructor, which I am currently doing. I am with the 131st based in St.Louis

I will be going back to the desert for a second go around in October. Again my thanks for what all of you have done and continue to do.

I have come to learn from the best.

Gypsy
03-07-2006, 18:55
Thanks to all of you serving, and those who have served, our Country...and welcome aboard.

JangoMike, stay safe out there.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
03-08-2006, 05:48
Welcome aboard all!

pplstrigger
03-08-2006, 12:57
Forum Members:

I have been in the USAR since just prior to Sept 11th. I graduated from college in 1995 and became a teacher and football coach. Something was always missing.

While in Iraq during OIF 1, I had the pleasure of talking with and working with members of the SF community. The bond they share, the team concept and intense desire to do things others cringe at facinates me. These "quiet professionals" encouraged me to look into the NGSF in my area. I got side tracked when my 2nd daughter was born shortly after my 14 months in Iraq. However, things have since settled down and I will be interviewing and taking an APFT on 18APR with the 19th SFG. I am ready and my family is ready for the challenges ahead.

Thank you to all who contribute to this forum. I have gained a wealth of insight and knowledge in the months I have been reading.

Cast or Tab!

NousDefionsDoc
03-08-2006, 14:56
Cast or Tab!
I find your lack of commitment disturbing. When you get serious, PM me.

Aegis
03-08-2006, 21:37
Hello,

My name is Chris, and I've been in the DEP Program for about two months. I ship on the 22nd of March for OSUT at Benning. I am 18 years old. I have been lurking on your site for a few days now, and I'd like to thank you for having a site like this open to the public. I've been blessed to have access to such a plethora of information. I hope to one day become a SF soldier, and I have Option 70 in my contract (SF Intent). Thanks for your time!

Canuck
03-09-2006, 02:24
Hello, this is my first post on the board.

I am a 17 years old Canadian citizen of Khmer descent,my goal is to make it into Canada's JTF 2 as an officer.

Currently in college and studying sciences. Will join the Canadian reserves(Royal Montreal Regiment) in June, if not in July. I plan to get a university degree before joigning the regular forces and trying out for JTF2..

Hobbies: working out, golf, firearms,aviation,military history.

Thanks in for your time and thanks for our freedom.

SR-25
03-09-2006, 12:55
Hello,

My name is Brett and I'm from San Diego, CA. I planned on signing up with an 18X when I graduated High School. I took to long to sign and they upped the age minimum to 20. So for right now I plan on getting at least my AA before I go 18X. If I decide to stick it out and get my BA I hope to go into the Army as an Infantry Officer after OCS, then apply to SF after I am promoted to Captain.

EMTom
03-10-2006, 00:33
Hello guys, and thank you for allowing me to register on this site which you operate.
My name is Tom, I'm an NREMT-B in the state of California, working with a private ambulance service. I am also a fire-technology student at a local university.
Recently I've considered going into the US Army, and have considered SF as a career path worth researching into. This is what led me to this site.
You guys are providing an invaluable service to many people such as myself. Thank you again.

NBC-Guy
03-10-2006, 01:11
hi all my name is RB Blackshear and I came across this forum after reading the book "Get Selected for Special Forces" which I finished in a few hours and will undoubtedly pick it up and continue to refer to it.

Background: I come from a military family. My father is a retired chemical SGM and former D.S. My uncle is a CSM 11B down in benning but is presently in Iraq. and my cousin is about to get his E9 if he hasnt already.

About Me: I have learned a bit from my family members and did JROTC all through High School as well as 2 years of ROTC in college. I left ROTC after my freshman year and went into the national guard as a chemical soldier, later going back to ROTC for one year. I am presently 22 years old and preparing for deployment to Iraq in the late summer months or early fall. I plan on going to OCS upon returning and then going to SFAS.

Why I want to go SF: I have always looked at SF soldiers in a different light which is all deserving for what you guys do and have done. I figured once I joined that I would be content with being in my unit, but the lack of tracking, lack of organization, and lack of motivation really drags me down. So I became proactive and since my "barracks" down in Vancouver, WA is shared with a few members of 19th GRP I began to ponder going SF. My girlfriend of 5 years almost has a few uncles and a father that have been SF for a long time. Not sure if any of you guys know CW4 Glenister but that is her father. He is almost like a 2nd father to me and has talked to me about selections and has really helped me become more interested and all the more motivated to do this. Also I talked to a cadre here at PLU. Maj Emoto who has also helped me with a training plan to prepare.

I really apologize for the novel I just typed its just that after reading this book and talking to a few SF guys I am really looking forward to this. I contemplated going to selctions prior to deploying but i really want to mature and gain more experience prior to taking up a task of this nature and since I will be going to SFAS to become an 18A i want as much experience as possible. SFAS is still 2 yrs down the road for me but I am eager as if it is tomorrow and just prepping for it has me highly motivated. but thanks for this great site and I am off to search thru the site for more info

Jack Moroney (RIP)
03-10-2006, 06:17
I will be going to SFAS to become an 18A i want as much experience as possible. SFAS is still 2 yrs down the road for me but I am eager as if it is tomorrow and just prepping for it has me highly motivated. but thanks for this great site and I am off to search thru the site for more info

Welcome aboard. You realize,don't you, that SFAS for you is a lot more than 2 years down the road? Not only do you have to get a commission but you also have to be considered branch qualified before you even apply for program. Sounds like, considering your present situation, that you are talking more like 4-5 years down the road.

NBC-Guy
03-10-2006, 12:14
Welcome aboard. You realize,don't you, that SFAS for you is a lot more than 2 years down the road? Not only do you have to get a commission but you also have to be considered branch qualified before you even apply for program. Sounds like, considering your present situation, that you are talking more like 4-5 years down the road.

oh i havent had a chance to talk to a lot of 18A's yet but the major i tlaked to here that is ROTC cadre told me that the guard let a few 2LT's in his class go because it takes so long to get promoted up to captain. I am going to be callin a CPT that he told me went into SFAS thru the guard and went in as a 2LT. like I said earlier I am still in the really researching process and I really appreciate you brining that to my attention so that I can look further into the situation. Thanks Sir

The Reaper
03-10-2006, 12:25
oh i havent had a chance to talk to a lot of 18A's yet but the major i tlaked to here that is ROTC cadre told me that the guard let a few 2LT's in his class go because it takes so long to get promoted up to captain. I am going to be callin a CPT that he told me went into SFAS thru the guard and went in as a 2LT. like I said earlier I am still in the really researching process and I really appreciate you brining that to my attention so that I can look further into the situation. Thanks Sir

You need to quit listening to rumors. Everybody wants to be SF these days, including my grandmother. Not very many are willing to pay the price to try out. Fewer still are selected. Fewer than that make it to the other end.

I do not recall seeing a Guard 2LT in four years of SFAS classes. Not saying that it can't happen, just saying that it would be very rare. Unlike a fraternity, having friends or relatives in SF counts for very little in getting in.

The Colonel is trying to tell you that there are a lot of slips 'tween the cup and the lip. If you fail to make it through OCS, if you do not succeed as a commissioned officer, if you fail to be selected to attend SFAS, if you are not selected for the SFQC, you better have a fall back plan.

If you do some reading here, you will see that we tell people to focus on the 25 meter target. For you, that would be surviving your upcoming deployment, making it through OCS, and getting a degree and a commission in a branch that will set you up for an SF attempt. I would worry a lot less about prepping for SFAS at this point. That will be a long time from now.

Good luck.

TR

NBC-Guy
03-10-2006, 12:45
You need to quit listening to rumors. Everybody wants to be SF these days, including my grandmother. Not very many are willing to pay the price to try out. Fewer still are selected. Fewer than that make it to the other end.

I do not recall seeing a Guard 2LT in four years of SFAS classes. Not saying that it can't happen, just saying that it would be very rare. Unlike a fraternity, having friends or relatives in SF counts for very little in getting in.

The Colonel is trying to tell you that there are a lot of slips 'tween the cup and the lip. If you fail to make it through OCS, if you do not succeed as a commissioned officer, if you fail to be selected to attend SFAS, if you are not selected for the SFQC, you better have a fall back plan.

If you do some reading here, you will see that we tell people to focus on the 25 meter target. For you, that would be surviving your upcoming deployment, making it through OCS, and getting a degree and a commission in a branch that will set you up for an SF attempt. I would worry a lot less about prepping for SFAS at this point. That will be a long time from now.

Good luck.

TR

Thanks TR. I know that knowing people that are SF won't help me but it doesnt hurt to have mentors and more views, a main reason for me joining this site. It is true that I am looking a bit past my 25M target, and I will remedy that habit of mine. I am constantly well since last nite, digging thru old posts and threads just trying to gather information. The main reason I want to start training now is I want to make this an everyday part of my life or for lack of better words a habit to run, train, and ruck. But I look forward to more advice from you guys and if any is here from 1st Grp and ruck or do PT I would love to come work out with you, I know a few guys from 1st Grp left out to Iraq but if any are still here just shoot me a PM. Thanks again TR and JM .. im off to search more :)

NBC-Guy
03-10-2006, 12:58
i apologize the 18a that went thru went as a 1LT my mistake. and JM your are right it is a ways~ down the road. so ill be around here quite a bit . thanks a lot

ANIMAL
03-11-2006, 20:08
Hey, I am an 18x that just recently got selected and got 18c with Arabic as my language, this is my first post and had this site referred and it looks like good things will come from this site, you all did a great job or organzing a site for the SF community to use

CPTAUSRET
03-11-2006, 20:23
Welcome aboard, everyone!

Terry

Five-O
03-12-2006, 09:13
To the QP's, wanna-be's and gonna-be's,
It's with respect and admiration I join this site.
Not real familiar or practiced in website house's, I'm a fast learner, but I may make an error or two.. not the same type of error twice. Thanks Crip for squaring me away. I have been toying with the idea of SF for a while and now I have come to a place in my life where the timing is right to apply. I am an avid athlete and PT guy (mostly weights) and made the decision a few moths ago to get into SF shape. (Its freaking tough). I was doing Mixed Martial Arts (10 yrs)when it was not a fad and still find time to roll 2-3x's a week. I just ordered "Get Selected" and look forward to reading it and using it as a guide for the kick in the nuts called SFAS. Having a buddy or two in SF and a very good Force Recon buddy, I am impressed by the work ethic and mentality of SOCOM types and admire them greatly...its all about the mission and the brotherhood. It would be an honor and extreme privlidge to lead guys like the QP's. Keeping my eyes on the 7 meter target will get me to where I belong. Thanks.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
03-12-2006, 11:12
It would be an honor and extreme privlidge to lead guys like the QP's. .
Welcome aboard Five-O. Let me give you a little insight if I may. While you are absolutely right in your above quote, you may command an A-team but it is going to be your Team Sergeant that will lead it. You see, you are going to come out of the Q-course full of good ideas and painted with doctrine that addresses they way things are supposed to work in a perfect environment where everything works according to "the book". In reality you are going to be a "guest" on your first SFOD-A for a while and while you will truly be "in command" by the legitimacy of your rank your ability to actually lead will depend on deeper and broader professional knowledge which is gained over time as well as the amount of referrent power to effectively lead that you gain from your team members by virtue as how they see you which will also take some time. So, the "Q" is only the beginning and completion is not a measure of success but a validation to step through the door. What happens after that depends a lot on you and how you are perceived.

The Reaper
03-12-2006, 11:21
I was waiting for someone to point that out to our new guest, 5-0.

Steel on target, Sir.

TR

Warrior-Mentor
03-12-2006, 13:47
Welcome aboard.

CPTAUSRET
03-12-2006, 14:21
Welcome aboard Five-O. Let me give you a little insight if I may. While you are absolutely right in your above quote, you may command an A-team but it is going to be your Team Sergeant that will lead it. You see, you are going to come out of the Q-course full of good ideas and painted with doctrine that addresses they way things are supposed to work in a perfect environment where everything works according to "the book". In reality you are going to be a "guest" on your first SFOD-A for a while and while you will truly be "in command" by the legitimacy of your rank your ability to actually lead will depend on deeper and broader professional knowledge which is gained over time as well as the amount of referrent power to effectively lead that you gain from your team members by virtue as how they see you which will also take some time. So, the "Q" is only the beginning and completion is not a measure of success but a validation to step through the door. What happens after that depends a lot on you and how you are perceived.

I am obviously out of my league on this one!

Merely quoting it, as it speaks volumes.

Well said!

Terry

MU06
03-12-2006, 22:04
MU06 here. I graduate with my bachelors in finance this may. still debating on going in 18x or going through national guard as an MI officer and picking up an MBA while i remember some of this stuff, then going to sfas later as an officer.

Five-O
03-12-2006, 22:26
Sir,
My intent is to approach ODA Command (inshallah) in a similar manner as I approached platoon leadership. That is to say, sit back and learn from the NCO's, offer input as necessary and filter all the crap that comes from higher so the Team can perform. I'll also study the group dynamic to see who the formal and informal leaders are and how they inneract. I believe God gave me two ears and one mouth for a reason. Yeah all the book stuff is good to know, yeah I'm a CPT and ranking soldier, yeah the Team SGT is my subordinate. I buy in on the Q being just a portal to futher enlightenment and that my education will never cease and true SF competence will come slowly. My initial main effort is look, listen and learn and provide the Team with all possible resources to get the job done and RTB. I know that in reality respect is earned not given. I feel for you NCO's who have had officers come in like they wanted to prove something and make a big change or shake up in an organization already functioning well. That ain't me gentlemen. Anyone who has worked with me knows I am a soldier first and officer second. My reference to leading the ODA is almost in a generic sense in that officers are made to lead.
Thanks.
...having said that...the 7 meter target just got fuzzy...ahh there it is again...ruck, ruck, ruck

Jack Moroney (RIP)
03-13-2006, 06:34
Sir,
My intent is to approach ODA Command (inshallah) in a similar manner as I approached platoon leadership. That is sit back and learn from the NCO's, offer input as necessary and filter all the crap that comes from higher so the Team can perform.

You have pointed out one of the significant differences between SF and the conventional army. Where the conventional army is all about making corn flakes where one platoon ldr/troop looks and acts like another, SF is more about making trail mix where each handful is unique and portions can be modified to fit the situation. While a conventional officer who is new has the time and often the need to be more of a passive observer you are going to have to hit the ground running. We used to have an officer on the A-Team that could sit there and take it all in, they were LTs and were the team XO and bascially were an extra mule to carry commo gear and extra ammo. The basic philosophy was that we understood that we really needed to grow our own team leaders because,in most cases, it took a long time to produce a good one that actually complimented the effort. That is still a problem and the Q has gone to great lengths to rectify it. Part of the problem that remains is that officers coming into SF bring with them all the baggage (good and bad) they picked up along the way. You see, you, as a CPT, will actually be expected to perform more as a BN cdr when it comes to UW/FID and in some cases coalition/combined operations. That role is yours and yours alone. You are kind of like those teflon backed sponges where you are absorbing stuff with one side and abraided stuff with the other always doing what is necessary to enable your team to succeed. That might in fact be "filtering crap that comes from higher" but more often-when you are working for host nationals/attached or OPCON to conventional folks or in some other capacity where you are working away from the "flagpole" with mission type orders and no supervision- you will be managing "higher" from the bottom to shape the battlespace/operational area to bring things into alignment necessary for your team to accomplish its mission. You see you just don't "think outside the box" but you build the box into which you want to place those whose comfort zone works well only within the box that you are going to build and then you squeeze or expand the box as necessary. So while your philosophy of leadership and being a soldier first is a step in the right direction, the day you walk into that team you also have a very active role to play as the commander right from the start and not necessarily at the echelon of an 03, but more of that as an 05. Now if I may use your example of why you have two ears and one mouth, I am not at all stating that your philosopy of observing/learning/and contributing is off base but I am saying that you are going to be wearing a head set with each side working off distinct nets. One will be the net from your team from which you will listen/learn/absorb and contribute and the other will be from all the other demands that will require immediate action with your Team Sergeant performing the role of the NCS.

QuietObserver
03-13-2006, 15:07
Thanks for allowing me to be a guest here. I am an 18X recruit, I ship June 8 2006 to Fort Benning to begin Basic. I am here to listen and learn as much as possible before leaving. To all those who have gone before me I salute and thank you for your words of wisdom. They will not fall upon deaf ears!

NBC-Guy
03-13-2006, 15:32
You have pointed out one of the significant differences between SF and the conventional army. Where the conventional army is all about making corn flakes where one platoon ldr/troop looks and acts like another, SF is more about making trail mix where each handful is unique and portions can be modified to fit the situation. While a conventional officer who is new has the time and often the need to be more of a passive observer you are going to have to hit the ground running. We used to have an officer on the A-Team that could sit there and take it all in, they were LTs and were the team XO and bascially were an extra mule to carry commo gear and extra ammo. The basic philosophy was that we understood that we really needed to grow our own team leaders because,in most cases, it took a long time to produce a good one that actually complimented the effort. That is still a problem and the Q has gone to great lengths to rectify it. Part of the problem that remains is that officers coming into SF bring with them all the baggage (good and bad) they picked up along the way. You see, you, as a CPT, will actually be expected to perform more as a BN cdr when it comes to UW/FID and in some cases coalition/combined operations. That role is yours and yours alone. You are kind of like those teflon backed sponges where you are absorbing stuff with one side and abraided stuff with the other always doing what is necessary to enable your team to succeed. That might in fact be "filtering crap that comes from higher" but more often-when you are working for host nationals/attached or OPCON to conventional folks or in some other capacity where you are working away from the "flagpole" with mission type orders and no supervision- you will be managing "higher" from the bottom to shape the battlespace/operational area to bring things into alignment necessary for your team to accomplish its mission. You see you just don't "think outside the box" but you build the box into which you want to place those whose comfort zone works well only within the box that you are going to build and then you squeeze or expand the box as necessary. So while your philosophy of leadership and being a soldier first is a step in the right direction, the day you walk into that team you also have a very active role to play as the commander right from the start and not necessarily at the echelon of an 03, but more of that as an 05. Now if I may use your example of why you have two ears and one mouth, I am not at all stating that your philosopy of observing/learning/and contributing is off base but I am saying that you are going to be wearing a head set with each side working off distinct nets. One will be the net from your team from which you will listen/learn/absorb and contribute and the other will be from all the other demands that will require immediate action with your Team Sergeant performing the role of the NCS.

all i can say is wow.. that is great incite. thanks for breaking it down sir

walter_mitty
03-14-2006, 10:43
have a genuine interest in special forces as have friends currently with the british special forces. nice to be here

Slantwire
03-14-2006, 12:09
Came across this site while looking for information on rucking and foot care (working towards a REP 63). See y'all with some (hopefully intelligent) questions soon, but I have a lot of reading to do first. Thanks for the great resource.

armourer
03-14-2006, 12:57
Hello Gentlemen and Ladies,

Just dropped in, I'm Ex British Army 73-89 and served with various Regiments as an Armourer.

Cheers,
Simon

Five-O
03-14-2006, 15:58
Sir,

I have exchanged with you two times now and am better for it. Thank you for emparting your experience. This type of insight is exactly what I hope to gain from this site.

Bill

Huey14
03-14-2006, 20:08
More Brits! The Commonwealth is slowly taking over.

Now we need more Aussies and Saffies.

Bill Harsey
03-15-2006, 00:20
More Brits! The Commonwealth is slowly taking over.

Now we need more Aussies and Saffies.
I'll set out some Marmite.

Tango34
03-15-2006, 06:11
Thankyou for letting me be a member of your Forums, and website.

I am ex British Army, Served bewteen 1989 and 1995 in an Infantry role, around the world.

I am now running a Clothing and Equipment company, that works with serving Military Forces, both Uk and USA, to design Military Clothing and Equipment, and then supply it to them.

At this time my company is working on an advanced chest rig, for use in SF Operations in Iraq, as well as a Battlevest for use with HALO troops.

I am joining this site, to hopefully, pick up good information, and tips on how the equipment that you use now, could be improved, as welll as making good contacts, that I might be able to help in the future.

Best Regards
Tango34

Huey14
03-15-2006, 07:53
I'll set out some Marmite.

Hell no! Vegemite is where it's at. I'm eating from a jar of the stuff right now.

I should put this in another thread.

Bill Harsey
03-15-2006, 10:06
Welcome aboard everyone.

Huey14, yes.

Neo
03-15-2006, 10:54
One South African here. Serving in the US military, but born and raised in SA. Dad was in SA Army, served in Angola etc.
Good times.

jfhiller
03-15-2006, 15:42
Hello, all. I'm an IT guy working for a Telecom company. I don't have military experience, but I'm grateful for all of the QPs on the site who are willing to let outsiders learn a bit about the lives they live. You have my admiration and respect. Thanks

RamboV2
03-15-2006, 18:21
There are some great people on this site. The pleasure to be in your company is all mine.

gemini25
03-15-2006, 18:24
Hello All,

New to the site, and thought I would introduce myself. I'm 25 and currently live in Alabama. Considering signing an 18x contract, and just trying to get all the information I can beforehand. Thanks for a great site, as I am sure to be visiting here very often.

dimmick
03-15-2006, 23:18
hi i am currently in the ROTC program at my college. i am also doing the SMP along with it. i am doing OSUT for infantry in Ft. Benning this summer. i am currently on the fence whether or not i want to go back to school or just go active duty so i can at some point try to get into SF then finish school later.
gonna do some reading around first then ill ask questions.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
03-16-2006, 15:03
hi i am currently in the ROTC program at my college. i am also doing the SMP along with it. i am doing OSUT for infantry in Ft. Benning this summer. i am currently on the fence whether or not i want to go back to school or just go active duty so i can at some point try to get into SF then finish school later.
gonna do some reading around first then ill ask questions.

Let me be blunt. Special Forces is not a holding organization that you "get into" so that you can go back to school later. Special Forces is a commitment that will require your total dedication and focus with no other goals or agendas that will cloud your ability to perform the tasks expected of you.

Ruby2Shoes
03-16-2006, 17:47
Hi

I'm mum to a British soldier who's currently in Oman and shortly off to Afghanistan.

I'm the Managing Partner in a firm of IFAs and we employ mainly ex forces people... the inherent discipline and work ethic is well-suited to our over-regulated environment.

Apart from my son, my partner is ex Army, his brother's currently serving in Iraq and every generation of his family has served.

Tango34: I was interested in your post as my boy does HALO.

Great site btw. :)

BondWells
03-16-2006, 22:15
I am retired Army. Served as Armor Officer and Soviet Foreign Area Officer. Wife is retired QM Officer. Now I work for DEA on the intel side. Daughter is DoD Civ Intel Analyst in Iraq.

My son is an 18X currently at Basic/AIT at Benning. All is going well with him and he will graduate soon. Information there is scarce - he asked me to check out rumors there are some delays in the pipeline before SFAS. His next stop is airborne, and I plan on putting the wings I got in '76 on him. Any solid info on the status of the training pipleine would be appreciated. Figured this would be the place to ask.

crucialfixation
03-17-2006, 14:42
My name is Jorje, and I'm heading out to selection tommorow.

The Reaper
03-17-2006, 14:50

Good luck Jorje.

TR

Warrior-Mentor
03-17-2006, 17:49

Best of luck.
What took you so long to get here?

CPTAUSRET
03-17-2006, 19:07
Best of luck.
What took you so long to get here?

What he said!

Let us know.

Terry

groundup
03-17-2006, 20:31
My name is Josh. I like long walks on the beach with a 60lb ruck then going up a mountain where I rock climb and do other general mountaineering. I am a SPC NJARNG. Working in recruiting right now.

I have been lurking for about a week or two. I bought "Get Selected", it was waiting for me when I got home from work one day. I read it in about 4 hours. I have been rereading it ever since. I am not one for reading books. After lurking, I have come to the realization that I need to open my tight wallet strings and buy & read some of these books.

Reasons for wanting to be SF:

I have an insatiable appetite for challenges and accelling at those challenges.
The honor of being among the most elite of warriors the world has ever known.
I know I can.
The list could go on...

Brief Military History

Joined NJARNG 2003.
Went to 19K OSUT.
Got back and was deployed to GTMO within 3 days. Spent a year as a MP.
Got back and went to New Orleans in support of Op Katrina.
Came back started working in recruiting.

SRT31B
03-17-2006, 23:38
I am an MP soldier currently with the 561st deployed to BAF. I was referred to this sight by Warrior-Mentor (thank you) after finishing GET SELECTED and contacted him in re to finding a mentor. 7th Group has recently rotated here and as I am planning on dropping my packet for selection when I return, I thought it prudent to seek out anyone willing to donate some of their time and experience to help mentor me while I'm here that I might be better prepared for selection and beyond. I had talked with someone from group (not a tab guy) who was going to try and get me set up with someone, but every time I tried to contact him again he was out of the office. Hopefully this site will prove better luck. If there is anyone interested, please let me know. I am willing to learn whatever you are willing to teach.

Thanks for your time,
Bull

Air Assault!

The Reaper
03-18-2006, 00:03
Bull:

I don't think you need a mentor till you have completed selection at the earliest.

Till then, all you have to do is to follow simple instructions.

TR

PaperStreet 2/7
03-18-2006, 08:35
Greetings SF Soldiers,

I just found your site this morning. I have been trying to re-establish contact with some personnel I worked with back in the early '90s. I obviously won't mention names, but if any former Bat Boys think they may know me, please feel free to PM.

My background:

I joined the Army on the DEP program in late '89. Shipped for OSUT the following summer and made it to B Co. 2/75 by Jan of '91. I spent about 2.5 years in Bat with Rgr school in the mix. My MOS was 11B and spent all of my private days with a M60 but I went to a line squad shortly after returning from school.

I transferred to 6th RTB in '93 and remained there until ETS in '95. I was able to swing a sniper school slot while down in FL.

Went to school after ETS and worked in corporate hell ever since. I'm trying to change that though.

Thanks.

Team Sergeant
03-18-2006, 08:45
Greetings SF Soldiers,

I just found your site this morning. I have been trying to re-establish contact with some personnel I worked with back in the early '90s. I obviously won't mention names, but if any former Bat Boys think they may know me, please feel free to PM.

Thanks.

Welcome.

If you're looking for Bat Boys you might try here:

http://www.socnetcentral.com/vb/

Lots of them on there. Good Luck.

Team Sergeant

Q
03-18-2006, 12:08
Just signed up. Craig turned me onto the site. Quick intro. I retired from SF in '89. I had 20 years with Group and a total of 22 with Uncle Sugars Army. Served with the 3d, 5th, 6th, 7th, 10th, 12th, 46th Co., SFTG as a student and instructor and last but not least 3/7(Pan). Started as an O5B2S (18E), then 31V4S, 18Z, and 11B secondary. Spent 6 wonderful months at DLI in Monterrey learning to Habla espanol. I was the NCOIC of the Commo Committee. That don't mean much 'cause we were still bangin' rocks together to make morse code. Nothing like the 18E's of today. One more thing and I'll stop yammerin'. Up until Afghanistan I kinda was doin' my own thing not paying much attention to what SF was doing.......until I saw my bretheren riding horse's across Afghanistan leading "G's". I felt like a proud papa. Us old timers always worried what would happen to SF in the future. It's in good hands......drive on guys. I now can retire in Mexico in peace. Thanks for this site. The circle is complete. "Q".

NousDefionsDoc
03-18-2006, 12:10
Welcome aboard Brother Q.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
03-18-2006, 13:01
Welcome aboard Q

Q
03-18-2006, 13:59
Thanks for the welcome guys. Is much appreciated. "Q".

Warrior-Mentor
03-18-2006, 14:10
I am an MP soldier currently with the 561st deployed to BAF. I was referred to this sight by Warrior-Mentor (thank you) after finishing GET SELECTED and contacted him in re to finding a mentor. 7th Group has recently rotated here and as I am planning on dropping my packet for selection when I return, I thought it prudent to seek out anyone willing to donate some of their time and experience to help mentor me while I'm here that I might be better prepared for selection and beyond. I had talked with someone from group (not a tab guy) who was going to try and get me set up with someone, but every time I tried to contact him again he was out of the office. Hopefully this site will prove better luck. If there is anyone interested, please let me know. I am willing to learn whatever you are willing to teach.

Thanks for your time,
Bull

Air Assault!

Welcome aboard. Lots of good advice here. Dig around and you'll find what you're looking for. If you can't, I'll point you in the right direction.
JM

Pete
03-18-2006, 14:38
The circle is complete. "Q".

"Q", just sent you a PM

Pete

CPTAUSRET
03-18-2006, 15:01
Thanks for the welcome guys. Is much appreciated. "Q".

Q:

Welcome aboard!

You will find friends here.

Terry

Q
03-18-2006, 15:56
Yup! Already have, new and old. Thanks. Any old timers out there just looking...come on in. I've come across old friends and I've only been on the site a couple hours. And the way it looks alot of youngsters out there looking for guidance. Your old buds are waiting and the young ones want to hear from ya too. "Q".

AngelOfDiablo
03-19-2006, 08:56
Just thought I would pop in and say hi!

I am not American but English for my sins ;)

Anyway, served 5yrs in the RN (Warfare side) but decided that was enough for me.

No longer reside in the UK, I moved to Cyprus 9 months ago.

Been browsing the site and have to say it looks good!

I am a lass so don't be too hard on me!! (yeah yeah)

TTFN

:lifter

Bill Harsey
03-19-2006, 09:04
AngelofDiablo,
Welcome.
All ladies are treated with the highest respect on this board.

I see on your profile you like F1. Guys, be nice to her.

AngelOfDiablo
03-19-2006, 09:13
AngelofDiablo,
Welcome.
All ladies are treated with the highest respect on this board.

I see on your profile you like F1. Guys, be nice to her.

Watching F1 at the moment, Alsonso was in 2nd!!!!

Recce_fac
03-19-2006, 16:03
Sir,
I am just saying my hellos , i am a British soldier, currently employed as
an FAC (jtac to you guys) . Served in Iraq 3 times and i deploy again in 1 month . Having served with some of your guys a few times in various places
mainly in the Gulf , i hope you would'nt mind if i signed up on this site .

Doug
03-19-2006, 19:44
My 18x contract will be starting at Fort Benning at the end of this month. Thank you to everyone who contributes to this site.

It is an honor to take this test. It would be the greatest honor to serve with you.

MattC
03-19-2006, 20:26
I appreciate the fact that you have made this forum public and opened your vast knowledge banks to people like myself. I am currently deeply considering joining as an 18x and have been reading books like GET SELECTED! This will probably be one of the few post that I make since I plan on sitting back and listening to what the people that know what their talking about have to say. Thanks for your time and let the learing comence.

Rangertough
03-19-2006, 22:46
ALL,

Just keeping up to date within the "Clans" (not to be mistaken with the "KLAN"). Spent ten years within the community and got broken and married. Units listed in my SIGline, hobbies are pretty normal across the board...wife, firearms, MMA training (not fighting), motorcycles. Just got done getting royaly screwed by the Army Reserve. I just signed up to go to the Divers Institute of Tech. in Seattle. I imagine I'll have some questions for a few of the Combat Diver folks, and the 18D's in regards to physiological changes from being at depth and the like. Also contemplating finding a new job in the ARNG/Reserve side, needless to say ARNG SF is appealing and all the CA officers keep offering me a job.

Tough

Huey14
03-19-2006, 22:56
Welcome aboard, Brits. I will be your Commonwealth liason. I am fluent in both Real English and American English and would be happy to provide any translation you might need. :D

PS: Forza Ferrari!

CPTAUSRET
03-19-2006, 23:09
Welcome aboard, everybody!

Enjoy your stay.

Terry

Warrior-Mentor
03-20-2006, 08:56
Welcome aboard, everybody!

Enjoy your stay.

Terry

Cappie-
Did I hear "Hotel California" playing in the background of your post?

WM:
That's cute!
"GET OVER IT" is my favorite EAGLES single.
Terry

Why you gotta edit my post? I feel violated!

Bill Harsey
03-20-2006, 09:02
Sir,
I am just saying my hellos , i am a British soldier, currently employed as
an FAC (jtac to you guys) . Served in Iraq 3 times and i deploy again in 1 month . Having served with some of your guys a few times in various places
mainly in the Gulf , i hope you would'nt mind if i signed up on this site .
Welcome aboard Sir.

Welcome to all the rest too.

Huey14,
That is kind of you to offer your services. Us mountain raised kids, Texas cowboys, southern folk, and those who grew up on tobacco farms here wouldn't have any hope of translating our patois into properly spoken or written English.

tgould2
03-20-2006, 09:05
I spent 21 years in the Army. 4 and a half with 2nd Bn Rangers and the next 16 and half with SF. Was with 10th, Det A, and Phase 3 committee. Looking forward to seeing some old familiar faces.
Tom Gould

Eagle5US
03-20-2006, 09:17
Happy to have you folks hanging around. Looking forward to some good input from the crew.

Eagle

Team Sergeant
03-20-2006, 09:31
Welcome aboard, Brits. I will be your Commonwealth liason. I am fluent in both Real English and American English and would be happy to provide any translation you might need. :D

PS: Forza Ferrari!

Do I smell a conspiracy brewing??? :rolleyes:

Welcome all.

Team Sergeant

Jack Moroney (RIP)
03-20-2006, 09:55

Team Sergeant

No, I think it is tea:D

CPTAUSRET
03-20-2006, 09:59
No, I think it is tea:D

Jack:

You da man!:D

Terry

Q
03-20-2006, 12:54
Welcome to all! "Q".

CPTAUSRET
03-20-2006, 13:48
Cappie-
Did I hear "Hotel California" playing in the background of your post?

WM:
That's cute!
"GET OVER IT" is my favorite EAGLES single.
Terry

Why you gotta edit my post? I feel violated!

Warrior-Mentor:

I didn't intend to edit your post. My apologies!

I thought I was responding to it, my bad!

I shall have to find out how I screwed up.

Again, my apologies!

Terry

The Reaper
03-20-2006, 14:06
WM:

Be glad that it wasn't a load of HE and nails.

Careful with the God Gun there, Cap! It's all fun till someone gets an eye put out.:D

TR

jbour13
03-20-2006, 14:09

Welcome all.

Team Sergeant

Liason......AKA.....The Mole!!!! :D

Conspiracy, nah, it'd be to easy. A hostile takeover looks more (not) likely. :p

jbour13
03-20-2006, 14:10
Double post......damn pooter has it's own mind today!!!!

Jack Moroney (RIP)
03-20-2006, 14:19
Welcome all-especially the Brits-how's your Mum?

Warrior-Mentor
03-20-2006, 14:32
Mum's the word. ;)

Sorry ... couldn't resist!

JM

CPTAUSRET
03-20-2006, 14:35
Mum's the word. ;)

Sorry ... couldn't resist!

JM

W-M:

Did you see my response to the EAGLE's thread "edit"?

Terry

Texian
03-20-2006, 18:43
Special Forces Soldiers et al,

Hello, I'm from Texas and surfed into this board from another site. I'm a civilian who wishes he could've had a career in the military. I intended on joining a Ranger Battalion (no easy feat, I know) when I graduated from high school back in '84 and had great aspirations of trying for Special Forces when the time was right (didn't want to be an SF Baby), but was medically disqualified from service altogether. I had the good fortune of learning that Texas has an official volunteer militia (the Texas State Guard) about three years ago. It turned out that I could join despite my medical deals (which have never stopped me from doing anything else anyway) and my age. My father was a leg Infantry Sergeant Major, so I try to follow his example and that of every other male figure I had growing up (all Army, of course). I'm a guest at another board for elite American Soldiers; Airborne Rangers to be precise. I join these boards to learn and, hopefully, become a better guardsman and a better man. Aside from that, I'm a guitarist (played professionally for many years) and currently work as a producer of instructional television for a local school district. (because I despise the media, I won't work for any commercial channel).

Thanks for having me. I'll be lurking about awhile before posting.

Edit: addressed Quiet Professionals properly.

Warrior-Mentor
03-20-2006, 18:52
Warrior-Mentor:

I didn't intend to edit your post. My apologies!

I thought I was responding to it, my bad!

Again, my apologies!

Terry

Terry,
No problem.
Joe

Huey14
03-20-2006, 21:09
Huey14,
That is kind of you to offer your services. Us mountain raised kids, Texas cowboys, southern folk, and those who grew up on tobacco farms here wouldn't have any hope of translating our patois into properly spoken or written English.

I have trouble translating Southern Speak at times so they shouldn't hold their breath. :D

Quite.

The Reaper
03-20-2006, 21:23
I have trouble translating Southern Speak at times so they shouldn't hold their breath. :D

Quite.

Guilty as charged on two of those counts. Both Southern and a former tobacco farmer. Sorry to trouble you.

I am not entirely sure that American English isn't closer to the Queen's English than Aussie or Kiwi versions though. All can be quite different than the original version.

TR

gunnerjohn
03-20-2006, 21:29
Huey 14,
Just remember when Mr. Harsey speaks you may need to add words in order to get a translation. He has been known to type on the computer with an axe handle. He is also in need of a T-shirt that reads "Hi.... My Name Is Bill"

Welcome all

Huey14
03-20-2006, 22:11
American English (or Engalish as the locals say) isn't too bad, it's just the misadventure of the U that troubles me.

I hope you guys realise I say all this in jest. Except for the U stuff.

And please don't say "mate". It's like me saying "ya'll". Just doesn't sound right.