PDA

View Full Version : Introductions V

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11

CmbtDvr185
04-02-2013, 17:55
Joined PS awhile back but this is my first post. 18E and 18Z in 1st Grp from 93 -05. Did time in all 3 Bn's.

cas21488
04-03-2013, 08:12
My name is Josh, I did four years in the Marines as an infantryman, deployed twice to Iraq. I'm currently serving a two year enlistment in the MA national guard and completing my BA degree in CJS. I plan on being a sponge here and just absorb as much information as possible.

AndrewF
04-04-2013, 20:00
Hello all!

My name is Andrew, and I would first like to thank all Special Forces soldiers for your service, as my wife and I have great respect for you all. I am 21 with some college and a few years of a language under my belt. I am currently working out my enlistment right now and will be given the 18x option. Along with the book, "How to get Selected," I am here to learn as much as I can about what it takes to become a Special Forces soldier; as well as conversating with a relative who made a career with SF. I'm here to learn everything that I can and honor all operators during my stay, thank you all for this opportunity.

_Andrew

HFC
04-05-2013, 13:22
I'm a Cav guy with the 82d. I spent 8 years in the infantry split between the Marine Corps and Army before jumping to the Recon side. I found this site while looking for ways to improve our comms between Platoon and Troop. I found some great answers and keep coming back to see different opinions and advice on various topics to include weapons, kit, commo, etc...

The Rock
04-06-2013, 08:11
I'm a infantryman in a NG mech unit. I' have virtually have no dismounted experience as I've been in a Bradley crew for over a year now and it kinda sucks but I pick up things here and there. I'm also Airborne qualified which seems to be kinda of a big deal when your in a NG mech unit (not to me, still a leg :D). I joined this site because my goal is to one day become SF and figure this is best site to get good tips and accurate information regarding SFAS and the Q course.

H4X0R
04-08-2013, 04:54
Greetings! I'm a prior service (Army) SATcom guy who is dead set on serving amongst the best warriors our country can offer. Within my short career from '07 - '11, I've served two deployments in Iraq and hope to serve a lot more in the near future (hopefully somewhere besides Mesopotamia ;) ).

I happened to stumble upon this site while researching everything I can possibly find regarding Special Forces and how they operate.

Thank you, gentlemen for providing this resource. It's proving to be VERY informative.

Amharic3
04-08-2013, 04:57
Hi all.

I am 17 years old. I have a great interest in joining the military after College.

I will use this website (and the search function) to learn more about the SF community.

Thank you for the wealth of information!

OPFOR Boots
04-08-2013, 06:43
Branch Chief at Joint Electronic Warfare Center (JEWC) supporting SF/SOF exercise events. Interested in gaining more insight on SF community, training requirements and tasking.
Intelink: EM OPFOR (https://intellipedia.intelink.gov/wiki/Electromagnetic_Opposing_Force)

rams13
04-08-2013, 12:21
Hello,
I’m a student, finishing my fourth year in college. I will be shipping out in May as an 18xray.
Thank you.

Devin
04-08-2013, 14:34
Hello. My name is Devin, and I've been lurking here reading threads for a few months while I've been going through my army enlistment process. Woo-hoo paperwork!!!

I've been in the civilian workforce for about 5 years, and I just woke up one morning, turned to my wife, and said that I'm going to do something more.

So, here I am looking for information on Military Intel from the side of the fence that benefits from it. Hopefully, I'll be able to learn a few things to better help me decide between some of the MOS's I'm looking at.

I have the highest respect for anyone that's ever served, and I hope that I will be able to eventually pay back some of the help I receive by speaking with all of you.

sytl
04-09-2013, 00:54
I'd like to re-introduce myself. I'm a civilian with no military background. Over the years, I have visited this forum to read the various discussions and to broaden my worldview.

-Sheila

voxtel
04-09-2013, 11:47
Hi all!

I've been reading this board extensively for a long period of time now. I'm currently a civilian/reservist from Maryland. We may deploy soon, so I'm trying to get as much information from the BTDT dudes as possible on how to get the job done and bring everyone home in one piece.

I have previously deployed with the 82nd to Afghanistan as a 91F (small arms technician). But that was long ago (2007) ;)

Ryan R.
04-09-2013, 13:23
I am a Veteran of the 82nd Airborne Division. I served as a 31U1P in A. Bat. 2/319th AFAR. I am currently in college studying Psychology; and in the process of applying to graduate school's to pursue a Ph. D. I am still debating on applying for Clinical Psychology or Experimental Psychology. I joined this site to associate with the the best of the best, The Green Beret.

NewRecruit
04-10-2013, 10:54
Good afternoon,

I am currently a freshman Electrical Engineering student at NCSU, but I've decided to suspend my education for the moment. I enlisted with an 18X option, and I found this site from Major Martin's book looking for anyway to improve my chances of getting selected.

Thanks always

Rosicrucian
04-10-2013, 11:27
Greetings Members,

I am a retired LEO that spent most of his career as a Tactical Unit cop. I stumbled across your site while I was doing some research on equipment.

I do some contract work still occasionally and the new equipment out these days is much nicer than the stuff I started with. I enjoy being able to upgrade much of what I use, it is lighter and more durable nowadays.

Along with improvements to the tech out there there is a lot of shyte being sold as well. So far I have seen sound advice by folks with experience on this forum. I look forward to benefitting from that experience further.

Thank you for your service brothers. Stay Safe!

DR

glebo
04-10-2013, 19:13
ahh, Rosicrucian...one of the early substitution cipher systems...nice..

Welcome aboard..

35F_KMC
04-11-2013, 01:52
I am currently on Active Duty as an Analyst hoping to head to SFAS as soon as my packet is completed and submitted.

I am serving in Europe so it makes getting to a recruiter a little tougher.

BeUncommon
04-11-2013, 12:38
Greetings. I am 26 years old and I am married with two children (both girls). I have always felt called to join the Armed Forces and serve my country, but decided to get a college degree and start a family first. I do not regret this path, but it sure has made it more difficult to join (both personally and medically). With some persistence and luck (with MEPS), I will be enlisting in the Army and working hard to become an SF soldier -- for my country, my family and myself.

I have been reading posts in this forum for about a month, trying to learn more about the lifestyle and missions of an Army SF soldier. I am merely a guest on this forum and will likely not post many questions as the Search Function has helped me find answers thus far. I am truly honored to be in the (virtual) presence of Quiet Professionals, and I am very thankful to those who have served and are serving our country. Thank you.

ls620
04-13-2013, 14:21
I am 20 years old and currently stationed at Fort Bragg with the 82nd. I will be attending SFAS class 008-2013; and am very grateful to have found this website with all of it's information and combined experience of the QPs that maintain it.

Benevolence
04-14-2013, 11:24
My previous introduction post went with the previous thread.

I'm a 22 years old civilian with no prior military experience. I've decided to finish up my BS in Mechanical Engineering before pursuing a career/life in SF (1 year left). Additionally, I'm preparing myself both mentally and physically as best as I can.

PrevietJosh
04-14-2013, 14:41
I'm a 17 year old civilian hoping to become a Royal Marine. I'm from England so I hope I will be welcomed like everyone else. Thanks.

ScrappyGhost
04-14-2013, 15:26
I'm thirty-one years old, from New Orleans. I served nine years in the Marine Corps Reserve as an Airframe Mechanic. I recently re-enlisted in the Mississippi Guard in hopes of going to SFAS. -Jeremy

cccarter
04-14-2013, 19:05
Make your first post here:
delete

cccarter
04-14-2013, 19:20
Started my career in 1974 in Signal Corps at Fort Carson. Went to NCOES with some SF who taught me quitting is not an option. Still carry my coin, 37 years later. Went on to become a Doctor in support positions. Retired in 2007 with 21+ years. Just want to keep connected. I freely admit to not being SF. But my best friends were and they tell me a doc is always welcome. And they taught me how to inject tincture of benzoin into a blister.... my own! God Bless them.

cccarter
04-14-2013, 19:36
delete

jayjojay
04-14-2013, 22:23
I am a 25 year old civilian with the goal of applying for service in the Army, and being selected for an 18X contract. I work as a white water raft guide instructor in the state of Colorado, and a public health agent in the country of Haiti. I have a B.S. in Biological Sciences and Chemistry.

Trapp11B
04-15-2013, 00:20
I am 21 years old Infantryman with 3 years in the ARNG. One deployment under my belt and have realized that I have to ability to do more and feel the duty to do so. -Trapp

Don Riggs
04-16-2013, 10:08
Born, Stuttgart Germany - Army brat
Learned the important stuff from Heinlein
I develop Warfighter systems and battlefield mobility systems, and I'm here to learn and ask questions; I can't give a safety and lethality edge to our Warfighters unless I run my concepts by Warfighters to help me "slap the stupid" out of the ideas BEFORE the "lets make a profit on this" folks get involved.

So I may say dumb things and ask stupid questions, but its for a good purpose.

A couple of favorite quotes:

Failure to diligently practice war results in ample opportunity to practice surrender. Unless surrender sounds interesting, budget the Warfighters first.

All of us lead some, and follow others. Always strive to lead to the utmost in your competence...
"Soldiers will follow a good leader anywhere and under any conditions of battle. Be that leader." MG H.R. McMaster

Keating
04-16-2013, 11:36
Long-time lurker. My old intro is gone; so I need to move back into compliance.

I'm 26, coming to the end of six years in the Coast Guard. I'm out in two months; and had planned on pursuing an 18x enlistment option. Unfortunately for me, the Army closed 18x to prior service a few months back.

Suck it up and drive on though, right? I've just begun researching the NGSF option now. I live in DC, so I'm especially interested in B Co./2nd Bn/20th SFG, but I am willing to travel much further if necessary.

Thank you to all the QP's who put up with all of us wannabe's (and a whole lot more) in service to our great nation.

Semper Paratus,

Keating

SFChemo
04-16-2013, 21:44
Stopping in to say hello and to keep in touch with everyone. Spent 5 years in 11th SFG (A) as a Polish and Russian bubba and did some course development for the move from DLI to Bragg. Commissioned a CHEMO and was immediately welcomed back in to 10th SFG (A). Upon retirement I went to work with the "4th BN" 10TH SFG (A) at USNORTHCOM. After years of dealing with that one infamous "bad landing" and several surgeries later...I now find myself an incomplete T5 paraplegic but refuse to let it slow me down! So, just on here to keep up with old and new friends in the community!

Slingstone
04-17-2013, 07:46
I joined in 2010, but I guess I never made an introduction post.

I am currently a 12B in the Cav. I'll spend most of my time lurking and learning.

Team Sergeant
04-17-2013, 07:52
Welcome aboard Gents!

jwalker
04-17-2013, 10:24
Old Intro deleted. 28 years old VAANG Infantry Medic. Civ contractor case management (paper pushing) nothing interesting, Civ EMT-I. Have Been thinking very seriously as well as preparing very seriously for a transition into SF. This Website has been an invaluable source of information. Thanks

The reason we don't allow children
04-17-2013, 21:01
Good day to all,
I am 16 years old and aspire to be a quiet professional. Ever since I heard the song by Ssg. Barry Sadler when I was 8 I was set that this is what I have wanted to do. I wanted to help people in need, Give freedom and hope to the oppressed all the while taking out those who wish to do harm to the weak. My dad was embedded with 5th group in Afghanistan and helped train Afghanistan swat teams. He was working for Dyncorp [PMC] and I couldn't have been prouder. My dad and mom have supported me to pursue a career in the military and remind me every day that It's all one big mental game. My dad has had me competing in Judo, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Wrestling [Greco] and Kickboxing matches ever since I was little and I love every minute of it. I am a Junior in AJROTC and soon to be acting battalion commander of 165 cadets. I plan on going to NC state Army ROTC and get nervous but excited as every day passes. I have to be honest with myself though. There are times where I just want to be lazy and I am but I am working hard to prepare myself and I am glad I found this website. This website even though it was intended for the honorable who have already earned their right to wear the beret I am grateful and gracious to allow myself to pick and read the experiences of others. I cannot tell you how many hours I have spent on this website alone and every day learn something new. My absolute favorite area on this website though is the Hall of shame. Only because of how horribly assembled the uniforms look and the lack of effort from a 350+ "Special" forces commander in ACU's fooled no one. Thank you for allowing me to be on this forum and gain knowledge in my pursuit to make a difference in a less fortunate persons life.

Iceman66
04-19-2013, 09:50
I would like to say thank you to all QP's, you guys are my heros.
I am a former Marine (AD) and Army MP (NG). I've been in law enforcement, as well as a firearms instructor for a number of years and I hope I can pull the cord soon and join your ranks. Thanks for the great forum.

koi_DRAGON
04-19-2013, 18:14
I am a Infantry Sergeant in the Army. and I am on my way to the Camp to try out for Selection. I've been deployed twice; once to Iraq and once to Afghanistan. I love small unit type operations. Not having to depend on anyone but you and the men to your left and right is a feeling I can't recreate over here. The "regular" army seems to be heading down the plan to not remembering what comradery and loyalty truly means. And from what I hear, this community is nothing like that and seems to me that it never will.

Being part of that kind of Family and being able to be out with out "grown ups" is a way for an individual to really make a difference. That's what and where I want to be.

At this time I'm a little more than a month out from selection, and would appreciate any advice you QP's can offer. Thanks in advance.

alex.hood
04-20-2013, 06:08
Im 20, currently in Afghanistan. I plan on attending the SFRE for 20th group this September. Just trying to soak up as much info as I can before I go into it. Any info on what I can do to prepare for selection would be greatly appreciated. Thnaks

Cmartsk
04-21-2013, 01:18
I am 24 and have been a bike courier for the past 5 years. I love my country and want to find a way to give back everything I can. I started reading about the armed forces a couple months ago and am excited to start a career in the army soon. I know SFAS is a ways out there but from what I have read it seems like you QP's really are helping the country and the world over. Not just fighting but teaching others to fight for themselves. I am unable to think of a more valiant and effective way to make the world a better place. Hopefully after I master the basics of soldiering I can join your ranks a few years down the road. Thank you all for your service to the country and the information you have already passed on to me.

Trojan CDR
04-21-2013, 20:38
Hello,
I am a recent addition to the Regiment. Completed the SFQC last year, and since i have arrived at my unit, I feel the the learning and training has just begun. I have been browsing and researching the forums here for years and have found the information invaluable as I prepared for SFAS and the SFQC.

Thanks to all of the members for all of the help along the way. I'm looking forward to making a contribution and answering any questions as appropriate.

TC

mconneway
04-25-2013, 10:32
Hello all, and thanks! I am the current Director of Training at Tactical Support Equipment, Inc. in Fayetteville, NC. Here are some details of my background:

Enlisted in the US Army as a Military Intelligence Systems Maintainer/Integrator; spent some time conducting aerial SIGINT collection missions in support of an anti-drug task force operating in the Caribbean islands in the mid-late 90's. I lived in Panama where we conducted similar SIGINT and IMINT collection operations in support of a Joint Task Force including the Armed Forces of Colombia, Colombian National Police, and U.S. SOF. I worked as an Army Recruiter for 2 and 1/2 years (worst job of my life), then made it to CAG as a DS guy in '04.

I deployed a bunch of times all over the place as a member of the TSE troop. My last job there was a Team Sergeant (not an SF Team Sergeant, but the job still rocked).

I left there after getting divorced (like everyone else!) and became a First Sergeant for a NSA SIGINT collection company, also served as the Brigade Operations Sergeant for the 513th MI BDE, and Battalion Operations Sergeant for a forward-deployed CI/HUMINT collection Battalion operating throughout southwest Asia.

In March of 2011, I came to Tactical Support Equipment, Inc. to reunite with some of my old teammates and serve as the Director of Training at TSE. I am also still a Master Sergeant in the North Carolina Army National Guard.

Thanks!

TrumpeterOnFire
04-25-2013, 10:54
Hello,

First off I'd like to thank all the QP's that gather here for giving everyone a valuable resource and insight into your lives. Thanks as well for your service.

On to the introduction: First things first, I'm currently a student, born and raised in the Desert Southwest(part of Military Free Fall school is close to my hometown) on a farm. I've got a few years of college under my belt, and I'm majoring in Engineering(Mechanical to be more precise). I'm an Eagle Scout and I still work with my old troop as an Assistant Scoutmaster. I guess I fall under the category of "seriously considering" joining the Army and working my way into trying out for the Special Forces, be it an 18X contract or putting in the time in Rangers/Airborne/Infantry. Even getting a shot to do what you guys do would be an honor, but working towards getting that shot would be a motivating force.

The first time I learned to a decent extent what the Army Special Forces did, and who they were is when my big sister gave me Shadow Warriors by Tom Clancy around my 10th birthday. I was instantly intrigued. It amazed me what an ODA could accomplish with what little resources they could beg, borrow, steal, improvise, or what have you. The sheer scope of their responsibilities and how they went about fulfilling their mission, the level of independence they had and the maturity of their ranks was outstanding. Over time I've done a lot more reading about what you guys do and have done, especially within the conflicts since 9-11, and it continues to amaze me.

Thanks again for your service and for providing so much information here for all of us to glean from. Greatly appreciated.

-TrumpeterOnFire

lafeye
04-25-2013, 11:07
Hello,

I have read for a while now and have enjoyed the many insights. I live with my family in Kansas City area.

Lafeye

mikiekimi
04-25-2013, 12:30
Retired USAF/E-8, spent last six years as a 1Sgt with various units stateside and overseas.

Live in Nebraska and am working in IT...enjoying a stress-free retirement from the AF.

Love reading about military history and biographies. Was never in with a Special Tactics squadron but would have loved the chance to serve as their shirt. Knew some guys who did and they absolutely loved it.

Been lurking on the board since '09 and couldn't remember if I'd intro'd myself or not. Figure I'd do it in case I had something to add.

narmy
04-25-2013, 21:18
I have served over 20 years in the military, both in the US Army and US Navy. I have been Infantry, SF Weapons Sgt. and an Imagery Analyst in the Navy. I am a strong committed Christian and am available to anyone who would like prayer or advice concerning the military.
If there is anyone here who served in 5th SFG from 1994 - 1996, drop me a line. I was with ODA 581 during this time.
If there is anyone here who served in B Co., 3rd/187th INF from 1984 - 1986, drop me a line. Would like to touch base with some old soldiers.
One last thing. One of my favorite Bible verses is:
Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)
2 The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.
Hope to hear from someone, especially someone I once worked with.

CavScout8
04-28-2013, 20:16
Hey, I've been lurking on this forum a bit and decided to make an account. There's a lot of good information here and I'd like to snag what I can. Who knows, maybe I'll even have an answer.

Finishing up a 6yr enlistment and been back from an OND deployment about a year now. I've always worked at developing skills I thought would help me soldier and have always been an avid shooter (sport, defensive, etc). I love the outdoors and being free American.

Also looking for an armed security job that pays alright and offers its guys good training opportunities. ;)

Rogue_Cypher
04-29-2013, 07:48
Hello and Good Morning!
I am 24 years old and I am not enlisted in any branch of the armed forces. My mom was active army then reserve for most of my life and my father is a police officer. I never based what I wanted to do with my life on my parents and previously thought the military wouldn't be for me. Some people here have wanted to be Special Forces for years; I can only say that "the call" came for me about a year ago. I do pt six days a week now, and is the only thing on my mind 95% of the time. (I think my girlfriend is getting jealous but is very supportive) I am on this site soaking up as much as I can for two things: 1) to pick up as much as I can to successfully make it to, through, and past selection and training and 2) really understand what I'm doing, when I am on this site I get so excited I want to run down to my recruiter and go asap, but I lurk on this site to make sure this isn't just an impulse and really get situational awareness of myself.

RC

cgcyclist
04-29-2013, 14:12
Greetings QP,

I am a woman who is an unabashed adrenaline junkie. My preferred activities range from scuba to skydiving (indoor skydiving rocks!). I am a former competitive athlete in bicycling and snow skiing. I am on the local swim team and have completed three triathlons. I have visited seven foreign countries and can understand sign language, French and Spanish. I compete in local pistol matches and work out five times per week. I have earned four college degrees in education. Last summer I met a QP and realized that all the men I had known before were sheep. Now I would like to meet more sheepdogs. Are there any QPs in Missouri? cgcyclist

JJ_BPK
04-29-2013, 17:28
Welcome all,, Remember to use the SEARCH function,,

EDog13
04-29-2013, 20:58
Hello all!

First, thank you to all who have and still serve our great nation.

I am a 16 year old high school student. I have always been interested in the military and military history, but until recently I had not considered it as a potential path. About a year ago I happened to see a documentary on SF and it clicked. Since then this has been a considerable interest which I think about a lot. I have been lurking around the forums for a few weeks now. It has presented a fine opportunity to pick up wisdom from more experienced folks.

So far the consideration of this as a potential path of life has been a considerable motivating factor in all areas.

Thank You!

E-Dog

Fingon
05-02-2013, 12:06
Hi, my name is Christopher and I am about to leave for Air Force BMT with hopes of completing the Combat Control training and becoming a Combat Controller. The beginning of my enlistment into our fine services began with the army and wanting to become a Special Forces soldier (hence why I am on the site), but the recruiting process stalled with them and I picked up with the Air Force and had better luck. I still deeply respect the work Army SF does and hope someday to work alongside you fine gentlemen.

sean827
05-03-2013, 11:13
My name is Sean, I just got selected and will be attending the Q next month. Trying to learn from guys who have paved the road before me. I understand that by getting selected I have merely secured an opportunity to become one of the best. I plan on using this site and any resources available not to earn a tab but to become part of this family. On a lighter note i'm not looking forward to my first a** chewing for a negligent or incomplete post but i'm sure its inevitable :cool:

bluciano6
05-03-2013, 13:55
All,

First and foremost I would like to thank all of you for your service, and secondly for the invaluable information that can be found within this site. I am currently awaiting my May 27 ship date with an 18x contract. I am 27 years old and have been hoping to pursue a career in the special operations community since I was 7 years old. In 2008 I had a contract for Navy Seals. At the time I was involved with family business, and with the down turn of the economy my father asked me to put my military pursuits on hold to aid him in times of struggle. I regretfully did, but in hind sight it was a blessing, as it led me to the route of Army Special Forces. This past summer my cousin whom I consider my brother, as my father was his legal guardian for years, graduated the Q-Course, and is now a member of 7th Group. At his graduation I had the honor to meet many members of your community, and in speaking with them I came to the conclusion that the SF community is the place I would be honored to call home, and would be the best fit for the type of person I am. I am anxiously awaiting the opportunity to prove myself and serve alongside the best caliber individuals our country has to offer.

Thank you sincerely

SF Hunter
05-03-2013, 15:05
All,

I have been roaming around the forums for awhile and decided to come aboard.
I am an Army and Special Forces veteran and have spent the majority of my military career in Special Operations in one way or another. I appreciate the service and sacrifice every QP has made to the Regiment and this great nation and look forward to contributing in anyway needed to the brotherhood.

I also wish every future SF candidate the best of luck.

Thanks

v/r
SF Hunter

phase3ops
05-06-2013, 18:28
I have been frequenting this site since 2007. I have learned a lot and appreciate all the information you have all put out there. Although I thought I did this in 2011 I was unable to find it so I'm double tapping.

I'm now 40, an Intel (35F) NCO (SSG), and as early as I can remember I have had the desire to earn the right to join your ranks or work in supporting your ranks. I attended SFAS in 2009 only to be a med drop. When I went in 2009 some of the cadre joked with me regarding my age but it was just professional banter. Now I wonder what they would have to say to me at 40. At this time I am at a cross roads due to my age. Although my greatest desire is to earn the long tab I'm not sure my body will hold up. I'm considering giving it one last go before hanging it up and being satisfied with earning a spot within the support BN. I've not yet returned to SFAS due to deployments and injury.

Having been a med drop and spending a couple days chatting with the cadre from time to time (while waiting for enough to join me so that it warranted a trip to the airport) and working with 2 ODAs during deployment (mainly with the Fox working on targeting) I have come to respect all 18 series greatly. There's no other word more befitting you than Professional.

Thanks again for all the gret information you have put out there for all of us.

jubei
05-07-2013, 20:55
First of all, I would like to express my gratitude to the QPs and moderators who run this site. To know that you all take time out of your incredibly vital work to create and maintain this resource is truly amazing. Thank you again.

Like many of the members here, I am contemplating the possibility of a career as a Special Forces soldier. There are a multitude of reasons for this. Perhaps the most important was the realization that as a man that will hopefully be starting a family within the next couple of years, I am gravely concerned with the world my children will be born into and eventually inherit. The question is, what am I going to do about it? For years I was content to leave the dirty business of defending the country and the ideals that I love to our courageous men and women in uniform. I no longer feel that that is enough.

Many of the Quiet Professionals on this forum have made mention of the fact that the life of a Special Forces soldier is a calling. I take that to mean that the life chooses you, not the other way around. I’m not positive that I am experiencing that now, but I can say that I have never felt so profoundly moved about a career or a way of life than I have since I discovered that I may still have a chance to do this. The mission of the Special Forces resonates with me in a way that nothing else has to this point. And if I can somehow help them succeed in that mission, then I will truly feel content that I have done my part.

One final point: All I have wanted in my life is the chance to earn the respect of men that I respect in turn, and to make a difference. God willing, if I can summon the will, the fortitude, and the dedication to pass muster and join a team, I can guarantee that I will never stop doing whatever it takes to ensure the success of that team and its mission.

Regards,

J

Powder
05-08-2013, 03:04
Alright Gent's, here we go.

Username Powder, I am a HUMINT soldier and aspiring Special Forces soldier. I've hung around the forums reading up on some stuff before making my introduction post so I can get a feel for things. Happy to be here and I will be glad to talk shop about myself, my plans, or anything else that one would want to know through messages. No need to lay out a full bio with my first post. Again, happy to be here and thank you for the chance to learn.

- Powder

2ndTry
05-08-2013, 04:39
Hi, there everyone. I have been reading the site for some time now.

I am currently in the army. I have passed slection, SUT and Language. I was injured during one of the six week evaluations of the IODA's. After this I was moved back to the 82nd and eventually ETS (6 months). I chose a spot in a Reserve Civil Affairs unit, which allowed me to use my language skills. I can honestly say that the level of professionalism and drive even among the other students in my classes at the Q course has been hard to duplicate, outside of the special operations community.

I am currently in Afghanistan with that Civil affairs battalion since my leaving the course and I am trying desperately to make my way back to the school house. Seeing Afghanistan from the rebuilding effort was an interesting experience, but I feel as though I am missing out on an oppurtunity to get back to a place where I can truly challenge myself, and those who do more and push themselves are not looked upon as wierd.

I am looking for an added resource to stay current of event trends in the areas of Africa and the middle east. I mostly hope to discuss these aspects among others on a more professional forum instead of the usual bickering and mind numbing discourse where everybody is an expert reguardless of past experiences.

I have all verification of course completions, and I look forward to learning from the information posted here.

Taylor

LTUnickp
05-08-2013, 09:08
Good morning,

I am an engineering student soon to graduate with 3 years left on my current reserve contract. Thinking about my future in the Army I am just here to soak up as much knowledge as I can from some experienced members about active duty, and national guard SF units. Not sure if I can get on active duty right now being an E5, last time I checked the 18X contracts were only for E4 and below.

DJKARM
05-08-2013, 18:36
I am a 20 year old from Northeast Ohio. I have been reading here for several months and have just recently registered on this site. I love the USA and hope to serve in the military. I am strongly considering a REP 63 Contract with B Company 2nd Bn/19 SFG in Columbus.

I have a decent fitness base as a high school football player, however, I am currently working very hard on my endurance, as that is my weakest area. I hope to be in good enough shape to enlist within a year.

I would like to thank all military members, past and present, for your service to this great nation. I would also like to thank all those who contribute to this site for the wealth of information it has provided me.

Thank you and God Bless.

Stobey
05-09-2013, 20:54
I'm afraid my intro was never completed as I intended. Here it is as I wanted it to appear:

I am indeed a guest here - a "civvie" - and for the privilege of being here I thank you.
I have never served in the military (although most of my family has);
but I have a deep and abiding respect for - and gratitude towards - those who have.

My late father, F.X. Tobey was in WWII; 6TH Marine Div., 29th Marines.
He was a weapons instructor, small arms, at the OTC school in VA
before requesting to be sent to the Pacific. (BAR man on Okinawa.)

As a civilian he continued as weapons instructor at the Middlesex County
(NJ) Police Academy and served in the Piscataway (NJ) Police Dept. until
retiring as Chief in 1984. All that I know about weapons -- pistols, rifles, shotguns and reloading for all of the above -- I learned from him.

I was led to this site by an article by Bob Unruh, published on WND.com
(World Net Daily). "1100 Green Berets Set Record Straight on Guns" --
to your letter: "In Defense of the 2nd Amendment". I was glad you wrote it; although I'm afraid it will make no difference to those who do not wish to be confused by the facts. I wanted to download the .pdf file; but in order to do that I needed to register -- so here I am.

Since I haven't done much shooting - or reloading - since my father died, I was
browsing through threads regarding same. (How he would have enjoyed your
website!) He was the one who had to explain to me just what "parallax" was.
Our favorite BR / varmint rifle was a Sako 6MM PPC w/a Leupold Vari-X III scope. (Both of us shot 1/2 MOA groups @ 100 yds. Of course, these were HIS reloads. We could never get that accuracy from factory ammo.)

Enough intro! Thank you all for your courage, your professionalism, your service
and your devotion. My heartfelt THANKS to all those in uniform who have - and
who continue to - put themselves in harm's way for our country.

Systema
05-10-2013, 20:47
Hello folks, first of all allow me to thank the powers that be for allowing me to join this forum. I spent 13 years in the Canadian Army as what you would call an 18 C. It is my passion as it always has been to always keep striving to better not only myself but my ttp's. I am really looking forward to learning as much as I can from you folks since the experiences you all must have is a gold mine to me. My Grandfather always said "you have two ears and two eyes but only one mouth...just a reminder of what you should be exercising most". I tend to follow his lead but look foward to some great exchanges of info. Thank you all.

The Reaper
05-10-2013, 20:58
Welcome all.

Please fill in your profiles, if you haven't already done so.

TR

mr.best of 2011
05-11-2013, 08:06
Greetings Gentlemen,
I am a 25 year old SGT stationed at Ft. Benning, Ga and assigned to the 3rd Ranger Bn. I attended SFAS class 07-13 and was selected with a tentative MOS of 18C. Really Looking forward to starting the Q-course here in the near future :D

jctroxell
05-11-2013, 17:38
Hello All,

Not too much to say about myself, I guess that's why I'm here, to try and learn and maybe one day have something to say to people, or better give people something good to say about me.

I just want to learn as much as I can in order to become the best Soldier, follower, leader and American servant as I can.

Everyone calls me Trox.

stalking-butler
05-11-2013, 20:18
Hello all,

I am a student and a drilling reservist, working part time at a gun store. Like many on this forum, I seek the honor of being selected and trained to join the ranks of the Quiet Professionals.

My desire to pursue SF training was sparked by my military experiences in Afghanistan and Mauritania. I had the opportunity to support a handful of combat missions, as well as take part in Foreign Internal Defense advising and training. These experiences built and further reinforced my respect for and desire to achieve such levels of competency.

I am proud of my service in the Army Reserve, but am now seeking the means to serve at a higher level. I have initiated the conditional release process to enlist active duty, and am training with my focus on being the best soldier I can be. I intend to be selected in my time, and regardless of the details of my future, I will continue to serve with honor.

This forum is a priceless source of information. Thank you to all who contribute, and to those Quiet Professionals who make this resource available!

Wes126
05-12-2013, 09:05
Hey,
I'm Wes. Im law enforcement with no military experience. I don't expect to comment much, if at all.

Thanks

JSchonfarber
05-12-2013, 21:51
I live in Louisiana and am a JROTC cadet. I'm the Marksmanship team commander and our team placed 20th this year in 3p air rifle nationals. I enjoy hunting, fishing, shooting, and anything else outside. I hope to become a Special Forces Soldier one day.

J
05-14-2013, 06:05
Good morning leaders,

My name is J. I am an aspiring X-Ray currently in the DEP program out of Huntington, WV. My ship date is 20130716.

Good Day,
J

Cable
05-15-2013, 12:58
I just completed my sixth year in the Army as a Signal Soldier. As well as convince my wife to let me attempt what i wanted when I first joined the Army; become an SF Soldier.

I will be attending SFAS class 009 here in a few weeks. I have been reading and researching on this forum for a few months now. Dont need to say anything or ask any questions but have gotten alot from this forum.

Schmidty

Mishka
05-17-2013, 12:48
Greetings,
I joined Army in 2011, currently doing time in American Airlines division.
SF wannabe, attending class 9-13.

Now back to PT.

:lifter

MSRlaw
05-17-2013, 15:58
I have never been in the military. I was a prosecutor in the FL Keys for several years and now am in private practice in S. Florida. I have family who were in army special forces. I represent many current law enforcement officers in a variety of employment and civil rights issues. I would like to learn more about special forces and I find the postings here generally of high quality.

Marc

Ethereal Light
05-18-2013, 11:00
A little bit about myself:

First and foremost, thank you for providing such a great forum from which to garner information.

I am currently serving in the US Navy as a Naval Officer. I'm stationed on a ship on the West Coast. I have only served for a few years, and I'm looking forward to serving a few more. I am actually the first in my whole entire family to serve in the US Military, and I am glad that I have been given the opportunity to do so (my family immigrated).

I am hoping to receive some guidance and mentorship from those who have gone before me about joining the SF community. Thank you for your time.

hova711
05-18-2013, 22:59
My name is Greg, I was assigned to 1/7 SFG(A) SIGDET 1 March 2006 and started terminal leave 9 August 2011. During my first OEF in 07 I spent the majority of my time at FOB ROB in the Sagin district, found a much better understanding of what SOF was all about and decided to go to selection. After that trip I was in a serious MVA which halted my aspirations of going for the long tab. I still have friends I talk to from 1/7 and miss the brotherhood from time to time. Good to be here, thanks for providing this outlet.

Texas14
05-19-2013, 15:26
Retired from from the Army and now striving to become a Sheriff's Deputy. I lived the dream, now I will try to preserve it!

Vee
05-20-2013, 04:23
Current active duty Army. I'm not much of a talker on forums, but I look forward to learning from the QP's in the upcoming months as I make my way into the SF pipeline.

Mantis Toboggan
05-20-2013, 13:41
Good Afternoon Gentlemen -

I'm a 30 year old non-prior service equities trader. I will be enlisting rep 63 once I recover from a motorcycle accident I was recently involved in. Since I'll be putting my PT on hold, I will continue to research this site, along with other related material in order to mentally prepare for SFAS. Thank you for all your service and the advice provided on these boards.

Best Regards,

Mantis

MeeshMan
05-20-2013, 15:03
Good afternoon,
First and foremost I want to thank all of the members in the Special Forces community for putting together and/or contributing to this forum as it is has become an invaluable resource to many 18x's including myself.

About myself, I am a 21 year old living in California. I chose to enlist in the Army and more specifically the 18x pipeline because I feel that I have this calling to prove myself worthy to serve among the worlds finest, and having my part in history someday is where I will find my glory.

My ship date is 20130805

Thank you gentlemen for your time,
D. Wilson

Ken Cox
05-21-2013, 11:07
I served with the early Force Recon in '65.

I worked on what we called the "Green Side," meaning, I worked off the special ops submarine Tunny, and made a lot of maps of beaches. At that time, they reserved the direct action "Black Side" for invitees, only (things have changed since then).

Got a commission and flew helicopters until '74.

Presently fly a DOD contract in Alaska (Ft Greeley). Please look me up if you come here. I'll buy you a cup of coffee. :)

I joined this forum because an internet search led me to posts by knife-makers Bill Harsey and Les George, and I wanted to respond to their posts.

I have a long interest in the psychology of self-defense and violence, and special interests in left and right handedness, body movement and body organization, and methods of instruction.

I acknowledge my mind set doesn't fit this forum, but, nonetheless, I hugely respect the values and knowledge expressed here, and I will do my best to behave accordingly.

SF_CANIDATE1987
05-21-2013, 15:24
Hello Everyone,

I'm currently stationed at Fort Stewart, Ga. "Rock of the Marne" I'm very interested in becoming a SF soldier mentally and physical. I've been want this since I graduated high school, evermore since I've joined the army. The only thing that is hold me back is that I have a P3 for hearing by army's standards. I would really appericate if anyone can giving me clarification on if this would stop me attending SFAS and further processing through to a team if I was to become selected. Thanks, and "STAY LOW AND COVER YOUR SIX"

The Reaper
05-21-2013, 17:38
Welcome all!

Hello Everyone,

I'm currently stationed at Fort Stewart, Ga. "Rock of the Marne" I'm very interested in becoming a SF soldier mentally and physical. I've been want this since I graduated high school, evermore since I've joined the army. The only thing that is hold me back is that I have a P3 for hearing by army's standards. I would really appericate if anyone can giving me clarification on if this would stop me attending SFAS and further processing through to a team if I was to become selected. Thanks, and "STAY LOW AND COVER YOUR SIX"

I don't think we are waiving that right now, but a recruiter would be the one to answer that question officially.

Frankly, as we have said on so many other threads, you would be jeopardizing he other members of your team, and that is reason enough, IMHO.

People who take the initiative to search and read are the people we are looking for, and tend to have much better long term prospects here.

BTW, I think you meant "CANDIDATE", and since you aren't SF yet, what would you like for a new user name?

TR

Rob69
05-22-2013, 07:51
I am retired Army with a son in the Q Course. If things go as planned he will graduate this summer, and I'm considering a tomahawk for a graduation gift.

I would appreciate your feedback on the following questions:

1. do you consider a tomahawk to be a practical and necessary tool for the job ahead?

2. would it permissible or advisable to have the SF crest or a quote engraved on it?

I have read the previous threads on graduation gifts, but my question was not addressed.

Any guidance you can give on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

JJ_BPK
05-22-2013, 08:03
Welcome All,, Use the search function and read the message.
Search for Garcia, by The Reaper..

I would appreciate your feedback on the following questions:

1. do you consider a tomahawk to be a practical and necessary tool for the job ahead?

2. would it permissible or advisable to have the SF crest or a quote engraved on it?

Thanks

Rob Pls repost your question in the edge weapons area..

zr.despain
05-22-2013, 19:30
I have been in the Air Force for 5 years as Security Forces, deployed to Kandahar, Balad, and now currently at Bagram. I have always wanted to do the more High Speed things in my current Job but never had the opportunity because those are rare spots in my large career field. I was lucky to do OPFOR for some ODA's in Jordan last year and I was very impressed with what I saw. I have always yearned to go for TACP or similar type jobs. My contract is up at the end of this year and I think that NGSF is the right fit for me. I look forward to starting the process.

RuLess
05-23-2013, 10:35
Cheers,

X-ray candidate waiting for a ship date out early fall. Finished college, studied Arabic & traveled throughout the region extensively. Looking forward to applying the language and seeing the culture from a different angle.

Ideally, would like to land a medic slot within the 10th. Been studying Swahili heavily and looking to move on to French before the training begins.

Any advice/encouragement is greatly appreciated..

-Ru

kidschol
05-23-2013, 14:10

Hello,

My name is Todd S. I am a "Cold War Vet" MP/95-B 1979-82 & a Military Brat of my fathers 23 yrs Active Army CWO. Some duty of my duty assignments & posts: Ft McClellan-Basic & MP School. Ft Meade-519th MP BN, Wash D.C. Security Detail, Pres. Reagan Innauguration,Riot Control,White Hat Duty etc.. Ft Story/Littlecreek,Va-Naval Amphib School. Ft Indiantown Gap,Pa-1980 Cuban Refugee Crisis (what a mess that was) This is an example of 1: We were ordered from Carter Admin. No firearms (45's-M16 etc). Use of Riot Bataans only!! Thats when many a Cubano started climbing over the 10-12' foot fence enclosure w/minimal Barbed Wire atop. Shortly after that I was given orders B-Batt 2/56 ADA 32nd AADCOM USAREUR.
Physical Security "TowerRat" Detach Nike-Herc Site in Landau,W. Germany 1981-83.
Experiences there were "Life Changing" some good, some not. 1983 ETS'd Ft Dix,Nj
Began College,joined MP Reserve unit & later a Nat'l Guard Co.

But I am here primarily regarding my fathers career and hopefully to find others on this site who may of crossed paths w/him. His Timeline snapshot- began in 1952 Korea-Ended -1975 Retired. He wore many hats during his career. Starting with 101st - then Artillery-Engineers-Spanish Instructor (La Paz, Bolivia '65-67)-Warrant Officer School-2 tours SE Asia- Ended - AIT Engineer Instructor Ft Belvoir,Va..
Enough for now!
Thanx to all. Cheers!

PennState24
05-23-2013, 23:05
Hello,
I just enlisted last week as an 18X shipping out on September 9th. I just graduated 2 weeks ago from Penn State with a degree in Criminal Justice and an extensive Arabic course load. I hope to learn as much as possible in order to prepare myself both mentally and physically for the challenges that await. Any help would be extremely grateful

Thank You
Gerry McGowan

bassbuckeye
05-24-2013, 04:43
Hello

I was a 37F (Psyop SGT) and my 3 man team supported an ODA in OEF/OIF 03......it was an unbelievable experience for me as a young man and I learned a lot in a short amount of time with those guys. Currently I am living the easy life as a financial crimes investigator in the private sector and I stumbled upon this site while investigating getting back in via the Guard. Mostly I will just lurk this site waxing nostalgia...interested in reading stories and I guess hopeful I might find out what some of those 5th group guys I was with may be doing these days (shot in the dark)....thanks

Essayons4Us
05-24-2013, 07:01
Hello my name is SGT Brown. I am currently preparing to attend SFAS upon my return from deployment. I really should have attended after my last deployment. The desire to be challenged and serve the Army on a higher scale drives me daily to work hard as I can to achieve the honor and privladge of becoming a Green Beret. It is nice to know there is a site like this out there to reference also individuals who are working to reach the same goal. Thanks for sharing all this knowledge and advice.

fizicks
05-24-2013, 11:30
I am a long time lurker of these boards; great information here. A little bit about myself. I've been in the Army for 6 years, 4 active and currently in the guard. Deployed for OEF IX with 1ID as an 11B. Currently in transition to another career field to do bigger and better things and hope to one day work with some of you.

Dangit574
05-25-2013, 12:21
I have lurked here for a few months until I noticed that the loss of an old friend was not posted. So I decided to sign up to do just that. Since then and with the 72 hr wait, I have surfed much more of this site and am going to be here for a while. I mostly read and listen so won't post much, unless I have something relevant to add. I am retired SF, 13 yrs in the 5th SFG(A) 1990-2003.

bandaidbrand
05-26-2013, 04:59
Hello all. I'm mostly just browsing looking for good advice for selection... got off active duty about a year ago and am going stir crazy.

Zbonta
05-26-2013, 09:58
Not SF and do not plan to be but I respect the line of work and value the knowledge that can be gathered from the vast collective experience available on the board. Thank you all for service.

saquanem
05-27-2013, 02:29

Professional Soldiers,

I am active duty currently stationed in Ft. Lewis but OCONUS at the moment. I have in roughly 2.5 years. I been on the fast track with my career due to the great NCOs that have been bestowed upon me. Civilian educational wise I studied at La Roche College for 2 year majoring in International Affairs and Minoring in Spanish. Military wise I am a air assault, combatives instructor and some other things. My current goal is to prepare myself physically and mentally for the challenges SFAS has for me.

Thank you for you time.

aussie
05-27-2013, 06:57
Hey Y'all,

I'm Aussie from Downunder. Am a current Officer in the Australian Army Reserve. I'm training for Commando Selection here, which is similiar to your SFAS. We don't have such a forum in Oz, and there is some great advice to be found on this site (similar course).

I've read "Get Selected for SF", I've also memorised the Ranger Creed! Not bad for an Aussie hey? Good mental preparation.

My biggest hurdle will be passing selection at my ripe old age of 41. I have done the AIT here in Oz and been in training now for 2 years, as well as being an officer for 8, so I'm not fresh off the street. Reaper, yes, I've read your comments and opinion of older guys going for selection. I still think I can add value and give back another 15 - 20 years if selected.

In terms of fitness, I would currently score 290 for my age group on your APFT (82 PU, 100 SU and 2 mile in 14:00min).

De oppreso Liber !

OWNQ
05-27-2013, 22:19
Being a member of PS for almost 2 years now and just now realizing I did not make an introduction yet. So far I have enjoyed the in depth discussions and topics covered by very experienced professionals. And I look forward to many more insightful and informative threads.

Champagne
05-28-2013, 19:31
I retired from the Army on 1 January 2011 after 21 years of active duty and some reserve time.

I will always be very proud of my three year tour of duty at Fort Bragg with USASOC. It was an honor and a privilege to serve with the Professional Soldiers in the USASOC building from July 1997 through July 2000. It was an honor and a privilege to work with them, and conduct airborne training operations with them.

I will never forget their professionalism and quiet, selfless devotion to duty.

Mm597
05-31-2013, 23:57
good morning my name is mike, I have been lurking on your website for a couple of months.

I currently work as a truck driver hauling high security loads (nothing classified) for the U.S. Government.

I just want to let all of the Quiet Professionals know that your service is much appreciated, along with the education I have learned about the sacrifice made by hero's such as M/Sgt Roy Benavidez.

Respectfully,
Mm597

dts7674
06-01-2013, 07:05
Hi,

My name is Del. I recently graduated from college and after thinking about it for quite some time, reading much of the information on this site and elsewhere I have decided that SF is what I want to do. Try to do anyway. I signed my 18x contract and swore in just yesterday. I want to thank all of the QP's who make this site what it is.

Respectfully,
Del

EMase
06-01-2013, 20:08
Hello,

I'm an AD Soldier with 9 years in. I have my eyes set on SFAS in the near future and am here to gather knowledge. Thanks to all for the infinite wisdom and advice I have come across.
-Mase

Scree
06-03-2013, 14:54
Hey,

I'm a 20 - year old IT student. I am from an EUFOR country called Slovenia. I'm hoping to pass Officer school selection after college and after serving in our infantry regiments for a year, trying out for our Special Operations Forces or recon units (light infantry unit, vaguely similiar to Rangers). I have until the age of 30 to achieve all of these goals.

I have a strong urge to become my own man and I believe even trying to compete in an event such as the special forces selection will, even in case of failure, prepare me for future challenges, whatever they may be. I'm very interested in martial arts, firearms, technology and board games such as chess. I'm also an apprentice hunter.

I am honored to be able to read thoughts of accomplished men on these forums and can only hope to come even remotely close to that. Thank you for the opportunity.

I have included a photograph to this post. 19.th SFG training with our Special Operations Unit (ESD - Enota za Specialno Delovanje).

Shifty305
06-03-2013, 17:42
Hello all,

I'm a younger fella. 20 years old & in the USAF as ops intel. It has always been my dream to be a part of the SF family. I'm working on gearing my career towards going to pre-ranger school and earning my jump wings so that I may be able to entrench with some of you gentlemen in the future. Perhaps from there more opportunities will open up. I've had my eye on these forums for a little bit of time now and seeing the wealth of knowledge available here I decided this forum was something I wanted to be a part of.

Here's to one day working with some of you & thank you gentlemen for everything you do.

-Andy

Excelsior
06-04-2013, 09:14
Hello everyone,

Thank you all for your service and for this great site. Currently I’m a civilian in the process of obtaining a Rep63 contract. I am 29 years old and live in Vermont. The reasons for pursuing Special Forces over other paths are the unconventional warfare and warrior diplomat aspects. I’m looking forward to a chance to do my best. Thanks for all the great advice and info.

Respectfully,
Excelsior

TheWanderer
06-05-2013, 13:47
Good afternoon everyone. I joined the site back in 2008 and have enjoyed a lot of the information and discussion here. I am a prior service Forward Observer, and now I am an Armor Officer waiting to attend SFAS later this year. Hope everyone is doing well.

GridSquare
06-05-2013, 19:35
Hey guys,

I was in the 160th SOAR(A) in the late 90s. I have worked with quite a few SF guys and have nothing but respect for the quality of human beings that wear/have worn the green beret.

A buddy over on Socnet told me to check this site out. Looks like a great place to laugh and learn. Thanks for having me, I will try not to run my mouth as I realize I do not have protected status like on Socnet. :D

Focused
06-06-2013, 23:01
It's been quite awhile since I been on here and I honestly don't remember if I posted an introduction or if the older intro thread was deleted, so I will just introduce myself again.

I'm a Petty Officer 2nd Class in the Navy, I served as a corpsman for 3rd Light Armor Reconnaissance Company and also 4th Force Reconnaissance company. I'm here because I want to learn as much as I can and make the transition over to 19th Group. Thanks for having me here.

fostera
06-07-2013, 10:08
Intro- I am an SF Major currently serving at US Army North. Previously from 7th SFG(A) and SWC. Looks like a great site and I look forward to the discussions.

fred111
06-07-2013, 10:18
27 years active duty, vast majority in SF units/assignments. Entered SF in 1970 and retired in 2006. Spent 10 years in business after retirement including many years supporting SF operations.

tim30006
06-08-2013, 17:51
Hi, I'm a eighteen year old kid who is doing Army ROTC at the Virginia Tech Corp of Cadets this upcoming fall. My current goal is to transfer to USMA after a year at VTech. My long term goal is to join the ranks of the "Quiet Professionals" as a 18A.

RapidClimb
06-08-2013, 23:04
Hello all. My name is David and I'm an aspiring 18A. Currently AD LT stationed at Ft. Stewart. I look forward to studying and reviewing the knowledge in these forums.

ronin210
06-09-2013, 06:38
Hello, my name is Zach and currently I'm serving in the VANG as an infantryman. My goal is to attend the SFRE in MD later this year.

James1983
06-09-2013, 10:10
Good morning All, I am 29 yr old MP stationed at fort bragg for about a year now. I have been in the Army for little over 9 yrs now and have been stationed at Fort hood and USAG Yongsan as well. I have decide to fulfill my dream of becoming selected at SFAS and moving on to Q- course. I look forward to learning from everyone involved in this website. And think you for your time and serve to our country

Panda_Peake
06-09-2013, 10:20
My name is Patrick, I'm a SSG 11B currently at Fort Knox, KY in 1-26IN 3/1 IBCT. I am here to find out more about becoming a member of a SOT-A. I reenlisted for the BEAR program for 35P (Arabic) but HRC and EFMP royally screwed me 30 days out from my PCS and deleted me. I am still fully qualified.

I'm still trying to get my BEAR contract honored. If anyone is interested in giving my issue a look I'd appreciate any help you could offer and would be glad to send it via official email.

My hope is to go to a SOT-A in any group. If I'm going to the support side, I want to support the best. I worked with SFODAs in Zabul Province (2006-2007) and Baghlan Province (2011-2012), Afghanistan and I admire and respect the work you guys do. I know if I get the 35P AD done I won't be a Professional Soldier but if I can help you guys get the mission done that's more than enough for me.

Razorback14
06-09-2013, 21:08
New here,
I'm from Texas moving up to Fayetteville next fall to attend the University of Arkansas and will be starting Army ROTC. Great info on the site, I have already gathered a lot of knowledge and notes from reading through all these forums over the past few days and plan on continuing to do so.

zjensen0304
06-11-2013, 16:16
Hello, My name is Zach Jensen and I am currently Active Duty Navy stationed in Hawaii. I attended college for 3 years before enlisting in 2009 and am currently working towards finishing my bachelors in Financial Management. I am currently CTR (35N equivalent) and stationed at NIOC Hawaii in May 2010. I went IA to Afghanistan from May 2011 - June 2012 and loved my experience with the Army unit I was attached to and have decided that I will be leaving the Navy in May 2014 and will be joining the National Guard out of North Carolina in hopes to do SF.

I thank all of you for the information that you post, it has been very helpful especially in regards to rucking and prep work to get ready for SFRE and SFAS.

ghp95134
06-13-2013, 18:47
Team Sergeant: this is golf hotel papa 95134; permission to enter the net; over.

----

I'm a former Army Brat (and proud of that!), born at Ft. Benning, GA. [My father was 505 PIR, 77th SFG, 1st SFG, 6th SFG, 5th SFG, Training Group -- with some Leg Time in between.] So, I spent my childhood all over the US ... and Thailand (68-70).

Retired Army 03E with about 6.5 years enlisted time.
Merit badges: OCS (2-80), EIB (1980); Ranger (14-80), Airborne (Dec 1980), Air Assault (19-81); accompanying the former, an All-Weenie Salad is displayed on my ribbon stack.

20 years service and no combat (1974 - 1994) -- I was always at the wrong place at the wrong time.

USAF. I spent 4 years 8 mo in the USAF and came out as SGT - E4.
Graduated: Survival Training Course SV80A (SERE) 7 Oct 74; Aircraft Loadmaster Course (C-5) A60770A-4, 10 Dec 74; Water Survival Training Course SV86A, 16 Jan 75. Medically pulled from flight status before I could keep my crew wings permanently.

US Army
I spent the balance of my 20 years in the Army -- and primarily in TDA or Staff Weenie assignments; I think today they're called POGs .... we called 'em REMFs. I retired in October 1994 from Camp Zama, Japan.

Present

Federal Civil Service - NASA-Ames Research Center since 1995.
GS-13 Admin Officer (position description similar to S1 ... I'm not a rocket scientist -- but I work with them.)

All in all, I was low-speed and hi-drag; but I did enjoy my military service.

-----
ghp95134, out.

Dcox09
06-13-2013, 23:28
Hey everyone. My name is Dan Cox and I am currently deployed in a low key no combat zone with a national guard unit at the moment. Ill be here till early next year then going back home. I have some down time around here so i try to get as much running/ high intensity workouts in as possible :lifter . Ive only been here for 2 weeks so far and i didnt know people actually live in this heat :D . I brought my ruck with me and found a 6mile course around the camp i can ruck on. I also have the book "GET SELECTED" and found some really useful stuff in there.

About 2 years ago I attended 19th SFG weekend pre-selection and got my face dragged through the dirt. Ive never been though something that tough before. Needless to say, i didnt make the cut. Since then, I have been training the way we operated on the training team. I have gained about 15-20 lbs of muscle and made plans to go back to the training team this year. Seeing that I got pulled for a deployment, my SF dreams are put on hold utill I get back home. Id like to thank everyone for the tips and advice and all the stories about your SF ventures.

Very respectfully,
Dcox
-------------------------------------------
War is not won from a swivel chair

GM949
06-14-2013, 12:23
Thank you to all involved in running this site. I'm a NG 11B and recently got my conditional release and my 18x contract. I leave in 11 weeks and look forward to this new chapter of my life!

DocRawlings
06-14-2013, 23:03
I am a 27 year old Army Reserve Civil Affairs Medic serving with the 448th Civil Affairs Battalion out of JBLM, WA. I'm trying to transfer components to the Regular Army and hopefully, business rules permitting, I'll be fortunate enough to attend SFAS and eventually earn the right and privilege to wear the Green Beret and "Long Tab."

bighay1213
06-15-2013, 21:56
Hey im Charlie. Currently E4 with 7-17 Cav at Ft. Campbell fixing helicopters. Currently training up to go to Selection and awaiting the dates for fiscal year 2014 to come out. Hope to meet some good guys and increase my knowledge!

REP63WannaB
06-16-2013, 10:00
Hello everyone, my name is Joshua and I am currently in the process of acquiring a REP63 contract out of Fort Carson, CO. I come from a military family and I have brothers in the Marine Corps, Airforce, and Army ROTC. I have wanted to join the ranks ever since my oldest brother left for bootcamp.

I plan on using this hub for information about the pipeline and anything that will help prepare me for my journey.

I am not claiming any titles, but I am very excited to get this ball rolling.

Thank you everyone for your service (present or past). It's truly an honor.

Feel free to message me, or reply, if you have any questions.

Moses
06-18-2013, 15:34
Landed in B/1/5 in late 83 until mid 86
.....then did some contract work, blew my money by opening a bar.
Returned to 5th from 91-95
.....Have been in the Contractor world since.

The 5th Group thread took me back to some great memories, arrived at B Co just as Joe D. was leaving for 1st Bn CSM.

Tiny Y. and Don "BFD" R. made sure I knew how to carry myself.

Glad to be here and I am looking forward to following the threads.

kurguzy
06-18-2013, 20:57
Originally for Florida, I am now living in Utah with hopes to join the 19th.

The_Mentalist
06-20-2013, 03:35
The Mentalist

men·tal·ist noun \ˈmen-tə-list\

Definition of MENTALIST

: mind reader
First Known Use of MENTALIST

men·tal·ist noun \ˈment-əl-əst\ (Medical Dictionary)
Medical Definition of MENTALIST

: an adherent or advocate of a mentalistic school of psychology or psychiatry

First and foremost I want to make absolutely clear and will use caps not to scream but to emphasize...I AM NOT, NEVER HAVE BEEN AND WILL NEVER CLAIM TO BE SPECIAL FORCES, SEAL OR ANY OTHER SUCH SERVICE MEMBER OR ANY KIND OF "DOOR KICKER"

Although a member of 1SOCOM (before it was turned into JSOC) it was only because they couldn't figure out where else to put our kind of unconventional warfare unit. I was a member of the 9th Bn, 4th PSYOP group, Ft Bragg. By MOS, I was a 97E Interpreter, Interrogator, Translator cross trained in a few inks, but assigned as the team NCOIC of the propaganda development team. In other words, we sat around reading intel reports, studied demographics and wrote commercials. We were fortunate enough to get to spend a little time in the woods with the real door kickers but were ourselves nothing more than a glorified intel asset. I have the utmost respect for all that have qualified for the green beret or the "equivalent" in other branches to include the black beret of the rangers. (Before it was bastardized by a left wing wuss that was jealous of them).

Other training included NBC NCO school and a bunch of irrelevant stuff that does no one any good. Activities were primarily TDY assignments doing demographic research, intel research and analysis or command post exercises playing war games from behind a desk.

Proudest moments in service. I actually have 2 things I am most proud of. #2 is working at the USDAO at the embassy in Tokyo where I worked on a research project that was later used for the '86 economic summit as a basis for security operations at e embassy and for Pres. Reagan. That was 2 months of going through intel files and collating them into a useable format, reporting on data gained from that intel and making that more concise information available in a useable format to those agencies that needed them for their security operations. Most people don't realize just how much was going on in the pacific theater at that time.

My #1 proudest moment actually was over an extended period. This was not due to any achievement of mine, but the performance of others. My unit was tasked with providing interrogation assets for the SERE course. So, throughout 1986-1987 every few weeks (unless on another TDY assignment) I had the HONOR of conducting interrogations for the final phase of SERE. After my first shift, I had decided that I could not continue to do this. It was voluntary duty. Those of you that have been through it know what my duties entailed and can understand why I would feel this. The students were our guys and not the enemy. I did have to remain through the end of that class and that is when things changed. The final formation. Graduates of the program know how that goes. When I observed the reactions when the U.S. flag went up and the national anthem played, that did it for me. Afterward, an E6 student approached me and thanked me. This person broke during an interrogation. He told me he appreciated what I had done and it would make him stronger if the situation ever arose that he actually had to use the training. After that, I had my proudest moment over and over again at each and every final formation. I thank the students for that. They showed true patriotism, love of country, pride and professionalism. All these years later, I can still see it in my mind and feel just as proud of them as I did on those occasions.

Members of the groups would on occasion conduct training classes for us. 1 class in particular was OPFOR weapons training. A few times we would cross paths on field exercises. I have always respected them and this respect only grew with each time we crossed paths. I also had the brief pleasure of joining the Green Beret Sport Parachute Club. Got my first 5 jumps in, went to Benning for my wings and got dropped due to injury. My biggest regret was not sucking it up and driving on. So, I stayed a super leg. Never jumped again, even civilian jumps. I do miss it.

Now, I drive a semi around the country delivering all that we need. I still live by my oath to the Constitution. I regret not being physically strong enough to have become one of you but am still proud of what service I did provide. I thank the rangers, SF, pilots and all the others that went through SERE and taught me true patriotism.

ETA: forgot to mention, my name is Floyd

JJ_BPK
06-20-2013, 06:34
Welcome to all the new guys and gals on the site.

I would strongly suggest you spend a lot of time READING and learning the SEARCH function.

As a starter, Find The Reaper's post: " A Message to Garcia "

Read until you understand the concept..

The Mentalist

men·tal·ist noun \ˈmen-tə-list\

Definition of MENTALIST

: mind reader
First Known Use of MENTALIST

men·tal·ist noun \ˈment-əl-əst\ (Medical Dictionary)
Medical Definition of MENTALIST

ETA: forgot to mention, my name is Floyd Shown.

Also: I would advise all to understand the definition of OPSEC and PERSEC. This site like most has search spiders running all the time. Yahoo, Google, and persons of dubious distinction are always happy to collect YOUR information.. Nuff Said??

ghp95134
06-21-2013, 22:31
...As a starter, Find The Reaper's post: " A Message to Garcia "

Mike Charlie. Ready the next WARNORD.

kozman83
06-24-2013, 19:38
I have been a long time lurker here. I figured I should finally post an intro. I have been an MP in the Reserves for 3 years. I am just finally reclassing for active duty with an 18x contract. The Army decided to send me back through a partial BCT and AIT for infantry. I finish next tuesday and head to Airborne.

Ironman5000
06-24-2013, 22:21
Hello all and a big thank you to the gentlemen running this site and all who contribute so much knowledge for others seeking it. I have only been searching these forums for a week or so, and have already found tons of great information I did not have prior.

I am here to learn and prepare myself as best I can for the possibility of SF selection. Here is my background and my current situation.

I am a 28 yr old Marine. I EASed in 2009 as a Sgt. I was a UAV mechanic and deployed to Iraq as such. Though I did my job well, I did not enjoy it much, other than spending time with my brothers. My last year in service, I did not deploy (what would have been my 5th deployment) because I was not sure if I would re-up, or get out. So I was sent to the Range as a Marksmanship Coach for a year. During my time there, I met quite a few grunts and recon Marines and found a new calling. I trained hard for most of my last year, and made some great improvements in my fitness and swimming ability (basically had to teach myself how to swim).
When time came to decide to stay in or get out, I got out. Though I knew I wanted Recon, I wanted a break more I guess. I knew that my life would be basically training and deploying, and I wanted to live as a civilian for a bit before I started down that path. So I got out, and kept training. Long story short, I ended up going through a rough divorce, and time just flew by. I ended up in NY, became a personal trainer, met someone else, and started a family. About 2 years ago, I met a Capt. in the AF who was a CCT. He was former Recon, and sold me on the CCT dream. So I set my sights on that, and started working with an AF recruiter. After a long time of preparing and jumping through every hoop imaginable, (the AF are serious sticklers for paper work apparently), I had secured the last slot of 9 for CCT prior service for the nation. Hurricane Sandy and the holidays kept my papers from being sent for approval at the Pentagon, and by the time they were ready, the other 8 PS candidates had shipped and failed. Then, though I met the requirements and was pretty strong in most areas, my swim time was not competitive enough, and I lost my spot.

I have never learned freestyle, and it wasn't required for Recon. I swam the 500 with sidestroke in 11 min. Not stellar, I know. In any case, I was passed up for the next best Candidate. I was told I would have to wait for FY 2014 for another possible slot, though the PS program for AF is so small, I could possibly not even get a chance again. So after some thought, I walked into an Army Recruiter office and started working towards an 18xray contract.

Then a week later, the Sequester happened. I could not believe my luck. Everything came to a screeching halt. I watched as NG guys who just signed for 18x so they could quit before they even got to SFAS, ship out and do just that. I am still working with my Recruiter, and hes been awesome and patient, but I have been hearing less and less from him. The last major hurdle was getting an exemption letter, since I got out as an E-5, and they will not give a grade reduction to get in. Then I got a call saying they got the letter, and we would go to MEPS a day later to try to get a slot for 18x, because the ROC and MEPS would not tell them over the phone if there was an opening or not. Next day I find out we cant go because there's yet another problem. I'm told they'll call me when they know more. A month goes by, and no news. I call, and find out there was a problem in procedure between two offices. The office that is supposed to assign me a pay grade determination said it can't until I have been assigned an MOS. The office that determines the MOS cant until I have been assigned a pay grade. SMH. SO this past week, my papers were re-submitted, with detailed instructions, or so I'm told. I have been following up with my recruiter every few days, but no word yet.
I am at a complete loss. I know the process can be long and nothing is ever as simple as it seems. I have been preparing and putting my life on hold for the hopes of fulfilling a greater calling. Since I started researching more about the SF, I can't remember what it was about CCT that had me so blind to other opportunities. I just hope I haven't missed my chance. This is truly something I keep thinking of, dreaming of. I told my wife the week we started dating that I'm going back into service for a role in special ops (Then wasn't sure where yet). I run 1.5 mi in 9:20, 3mi in 20:30 (running was never easy for me, and that took a lot of work to get to thus far, but am still improving), I currently max at 18 Pull ups (overhand), 70 Pushups (still improving, but hit a wall for some reason), and 100 sit ups in 2 min. I can do most drown proofing exercises, but have not done a lot of fin work yet. I also need to start rucking, as I tried with a backpack I have and lost feeling in my arms during the ruck. not a great start. I need an Alice pack.
I am still hopeful I will get my chance, but have started exploring the option of trying out for SF through the NG. Only problem now is figuring out a plan of action for the rest of life if I go that route. This is the main reason I have joined this site. To get some intel, if at all possible, on re-enlisting for prior service guys into AD SF, and to learn more about what I can do with my life if I can get into NG SF. Now that I have a family, I need to have some plan of action.

Any road, thank you if you have read this long boring introduction of mine. I am still actively searching forums for answers and guidance, but welcome any and all insight form the community. I know it has taken me a while to get to this point, but as long as I can, I will try. When ever someone asks me why I want to get into SF, I can think of tons of reasons, but sum it up by saying they are who I look up to. They are who I admire. I want to become that which I admire.

A big thank you for all that you gentlemen do and have done. This site is amazing, and its nice to know when I have exhausted all search engine words and phrases for my goals, I can still find amazing insight and wisdom from men who have been there and are there.

Sincerely,
Rich

Bob 9825
06-25-2013, 19:38
I have been in the Army just over 22 years, and have been in 1st SFG(A) and now SOCPAC since graduating the SFQC. I'm looking forward to finding some old friends on here.

Freight_466
06-25-2013, 20:23
I have been a Canadian Mountie (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) located in the lower mainland of British Columbia for the last 5 years.

Prior to my mid life crisis (I was 42 when I joined) I was a social service executive in a non profit agency that supported adults with intellectual disabilities (Down Syndrome, Autism etc) and had worked in that field for 17 years.

I always wanted to be a CEO and reached that goal when I was 36. After a couple of years I began questioning WTF I was going to do for the next 25 years. I thought maybe joining the Canadian Infantry Reserve would scratch an itch I had when I was a kid when I wanted to be a cop or soldier. After a year and a half of that, I found the training system wasn't set up for an older adult with a full time job (Reserves in Canada are perfect for the College/University student) and separated from the Unit.

My wife started kicking around the idea of joining the RCMP and so we got ourselves out of debt and joined up.

Don't regret it one bit.

I have worked Patrol, Mental Health and Crime Reduction so far and am probably returning to Patrol in the fall.

Thanks for hosting the site and allowing non SF, like myself, to lurk around and get some insight into your world.

Mr. Breeze
06-26-2013, 14:21
I am 27 year old North Carolinian, and I am neither a soldier nor spook -- I just do my best to be a quiet patriot. Thanks to all those who make this site possible!

Very Respectfully,
Mr. Breeze

Zaetrix
06-27-2013, 08:59
Hello,

I am a 24 year old from Chicago. I recently relocated to Colorado and am finally in a place in life that I could pursue my dream of being in Special Forces. I recently signed an 18x contract and will be shipping on 20131104. I've been reading this forum for several years and it has been a great help in my daily life and in helping me prepare for the challenges ahead. Thank you all for your service and for creating this website as a great resource for us to utilize.

Thank you,
Zaetrix

wethewilling
06-27-2013, 22:25
Hi.

24 years old. Joined at 18, one month after High School graduation, 4 years in 2/75 as an intel nerd. Came to Monterey, California as a 35P, met a few 18 series and came to realize that intel in the regiment was nothing like intel in the army. Intending and training for SFAS, and everyone I know is telling me I should be an 18D, which after 2 years of language training in Arabic, is extremely unappealing but I meet the needs the of the SOF community. Short tabbed.

OIF once, OEF thrice, love the military, can't imagine a job worth doing with less on the line, think direct action has a time and place but think that UCW is far more critical. I've read a "Message to Garcia", and it guides my command style and how I treat my guys.

Here to provide what I've been training with as a SFAS hopeful, and to learn. Mostly to learn.

A1990GB
06-28-2013, 08:40
I am 22 and a SPC in the Ohio Army National Guard for just over 3 years now. I want to learn as much as I can about SF and if possible attend Selections and serve in any way. I have immense respect for the Quiet Professionals and would be honored to carry on in the shadows of those who made the "Green Beret" the standard of perfection it is today.

Bortz
06-28-2013, 13:41
deleted

DWDriveOn
06-30-2013, 22:57
23 years old, 15T. Kicking around the idea of going to Selection, always been something I have wanted to do, either I go through the pipeline and get an 18 series job or I get out.

Been religiously hitting a Gym Jones regiment - once I am pushing comfortably past 300 I'll talk to a recruiter. Until then, just going to lurk around here self educating, already read How to Get Selected a few times. :lifter

Erratrus
07-01-2013, 05:36
Deployed soldier mostly here to just read, learn and kill time.

uberkamper
07-01-2013, 16:42
I'm now 54, started off in the US Army, 80-92, basics at Fort Dix and AIT at Fort Huachuca.
'93 got the opportunity to provide support in NE Africa, relocated to New Mexico in '94.
'94-'13 spent mostly with LE, a variety of the alphabet agencies and some aspects of special forces, both Army and Marines.

corbin
07-01-2013, 16:54
GREETING: THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO COME ON BOARD.
I AM GOING TO COLLEGE OCCUPATIONAL THEREPIST, HAVE TO
ATTEND FRESHMEN YEAR PETITIONING ENROLLMENT.
I AM CURIOUS ABOUT SPORTS MEDICINE WITH THE ARMY.
LOOKING TO THE FUTURE, WEIGHING MY OPTIONS.

ghp95134
07-01-2013, 17:04
GREETING: THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO COME ON BOARD.
I AM GOING TO COLLEGE OCCUPATIONAL THEREPIST, HAVE TO
ATTEND FRESHMEN YEAR PETITIONING ENROLLMENT.
I AM CURIOUS ABOUT SPORTS MEDICINE WITH THE ARMY.
LOOKING TO THE FUTURE, WEIGHING MY OPTIONS.

Disengage cap locks!

ColtKing
07-01-2013, 21:20
First and foremost, I would like to give a special thanks and salute the brave and courageous Green Berets on this site, the ones down range, the ones still in group, the retirees, and the fallen comrades who gave their lives for this nation and their love for the brotherhood.

My name is James M. and I am a guest on this forum, and I am grateful for the opportunity to be able to engage in some of these threads with you guys as well as having the opportunity to soak in as much information as I can before I join the Army. I am currently finishing my associates degree in Information Systems Security in which I am learning to set up networks, routing, installing operating systems and even a decent bit of hacking tactics. After me and my brother finish our degrees this fall, we both fully intend on joining the Army with an 18x contract. Our grandfather was in SF in Vietnam, and our father was in 5th group for about 6 years, then spent 11 years as a 1st SFOD-D operator, then spent his last 4 years as an 18E instructor at SWC. Becoming a Green Beret has been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember. It's in my blood. I've definitely come to realize that I have really big shoes to fill, and I am more than motivated to take on the task and become a part of this sacred brotherhood. I look forward to communicating with you guys. Be safe and God bless.

PJC8
07-02-2013, 23:04
Hello all. My name is Parker an I'd like to start off by thanking any military vets (including the silent professionals obviously) for their service. As for me, I am currently a college student and am looking deeply into a possible 18x contract once I finish my schooling. I am on here to learn and to further educate myself about the Army Special Forces and hopefully becoming one in the process.

JHD
07-04-2013, 05:19
Happy 4th of July everyone! I am not now, nor have I ever been, in the military. However, I am a huge supporter and I appreciate all that our soldiers do and the sacrifices made by you and your families. I am here to hear another perspective on issue affecting our country that you don't hear anywhere else. I have a varied background in the business world, and my specialty is privacy. Thanks for allowing me to be here.

airbornec178
07-04-2013, 12:52
Happy Fourth to everyone! My name is Alex, I'm a prior service 18x candidate. I spent 2 and a half years at the US Military Academy before moving on to my goal of trying out for SF. I reside in Houston, Texas, and ship in 40 days. I'm looking to gain as much knowledge as I can from those who have "been there" and "done that" before I start the trek myself

NativeTexan
07-04-2013, 15:09
Hello everyone, I was born and raised in Amarillo, TX and just recently signed my 18x contract. This site is rich with knowledge and I truly appreciate all of the QP's and other informed guests for their time.

Happy 4th, back to PT

Alpha7
07-06-2013, 20:42
I am an American who is tired of our constitution being completely disregarded by the domestic enemies within the United States. I have come here to learn and utilize any information I obtain to restore and uphold the constitution and defend the USA to the best of my ability. It is obvious I am amongst professionals and it is an honor to be able to dialogue with men who have dedicated their lives in defense of the constitution. For me the second amendment is not negotiable and never will be. May God be with you all.

Joohyungeda
07-08-2013, 03:22
Hello, I’ve been lurking on this forum over the last 3 years or so and finally decided to register last week. I’m Korean-American, but grew up in Argentina; and currently in the USAR. I had the privilege of working for two retired SF SGM (both from 7th Group) on my civilian job. Thank you for your service!

v/r

mike

billythekid
07-08-2013, 10:01
First off, thanks to the people who take the time to operate and maintain this site. The fact that actual members of the Special Forces can edit info and give insight makes this site unique compared to many other forums. I have found some very useful information here over the past couple years, and finally decided to register.

Anyway, as for an introduction, my name is Bill and I've always wanted to serve in the military. Just about two years ago I started looking into Army Special Forces and decided I would like to pursue this path. I'm currently headed to college as a history major, but I am starting to think why wait? I want this more, and serving 4-5 years in an infantry unit before going to SFAS seems like a more viable path to SF than going to college and signing an 18x contract after.

skydiver75
07-09-2013, 17:54
My name is Sean and I am stationed at Fort Bragg, NC. I have been in the military for 20 years with my last 16 years being at Fort Bragg. I am at the crossroads on whether to retire or continue on. I am finishing up my B.S. in Homeland Security in December and will begin working on my Masters in January. I have been married for 16 years and we have one son.

uga_11b
07-09-2013, 19:51
My name is Corey I'm 24 and re-enlisting in 2/19th SFG in WV. I am 11b qualified as well as 42a. I went to OEF 2009-2010 in Kunduz. I am reclassing to supply to help with whatever the unit needs and to learn and stay humble until I get a chance for SFAS. Thanks for affording me the privilege of learning from you all. Thanks and Godspeed to those deployed. Keep up the good fight.

EriJam0124
07-10-2013, 15:38
First and foremost thank you to those that have served before me, with me, and to those that will serve in the future. Your sacrifices will not be forgotten.
Second my name is Erik. I am currently an 11C SGT stationed at Fort Campbell. I have been in the Army for about 4.5 years and I recently was selected class 09-13. I was selected to be an 18D. I am excited to continue my training and hopefully one day be able to work among all of the Quiet Professionals here. I am not sure yet when I will be attending Airborne school and then SOCM but I am hoping for the end of this year. This has always been a dream of mine and I am beyond motivated to accomplish this. I look forward to participating in these forums and learning as much as I can before I leave as well as helping other out that I can. Thanks for being accepting and again thanks for all that you Quiet Professionals do.
De Oppresso Liber!

ghost35m
07-11-2013, 20:05
Hello all. I'm a 24 year old SPC. Been in three years now. 35M and PF linguist. Trying to get some experience before I put in my packet or SF. I figure if I'm gonna do this job, do it right and do it with the best, if they let me.

Team Sergeant
07-12-2013, 07:59
Welcome all! Enjoy the website.

Team Sergeant

jmcleish
07-13-2013, 01:23
Hello, I am currently an E-4. I was on the site before I joined the army about a year ago, but I let my profile fall away. I was selected in February 13. I am an 18B student now. Just finished SUT, im now in sere hold. There is a wealth of knowledge and experience on this site that i hope to utilize and learn from.

Quiet1
07-13-2013, 15:08
I'm currently an e-4 stationed at bragg and finishing my 3rd yr of active duty.

RMfromCA
07-14-2013, 07:54
Good morning,
I am active duty USCG with 18 years. I spent the first 10 yrs enlisted then completed OCS. I joined PS because my 20 y/o son leaves in 3 wks for Army basic and i want to educate myself on the vast role of SF. He enlisted as an 18-Xray.
Good preparation and God bless.
RMfromCA

Paradude54
07-14-2013, 14:38
Glad to be here.

I graduated from the Q Course in December 1989 and went to 5th Group where I spent time on 551, 552, and 554. Got injured in a HAHO accident and was medically retired in April 1993.

Robert (Bob) XXXXX

Edited by Richard

Trainallday
07-14-2013, 15:00
Hi there, i am currently enlisted as a 12B in the USAR. I am using this forum as one of many ways to gain knowledge on SF, so i can one day be in a position to try to be a Green Beret. 18X is the most feasible (from what my recruiter and many others i've spoken with) route to go from reserve to Active in my enlistment, so that is main reason for having an invested interest in the 18 MOS's. Thank you admins and all other providers to this site for providing this way to gather knowledge, have a great day.
Stevie

glebo
07-14-2013, 18:59
Welcome Bob, I bet we know many of the same folks...:D

CV_
07-16-2013, 09:01
I have been here awhile and have posted before, so I'm not sure what happened to those. To be in compliance, I am making my post here. I am not a quiet professional but have directly supported them via my job for awhile now. I previously was a wannabe serving at Bragg but was injured during combat operations--which thus killed any chance at making it into a special operations unit. I was subsequently medically retired from the Army.

ChickenWing
07-16-2013, 11:39
Can't wait to be heading out!

Will be signing for a 18x contract once my physical is wrapped up.
Got a perfect on the ASVAB and already have Chinese (Mandarin) completely fluent.
Gonna start rucking and training more intensively once I get out of my job here (restaurants, 12hrs/day just eats up all my free time)

I wonder how many nasty nicknames I'm gonna get for being Asian and having the last name Wang...

Cheers to all!

AND

To all those who serve and protect our country, my warmest regards, and best wishes!:cool:

drei2123
07-17-2013, 17:34
I just enlisted and have a 18x contract to leave Oct. 8th.
I've been training for quite some time now and I will make it through this process. I joined this website to get some insight and find other people leaving when I am.
I don't know if we can put our names on here but if so I will edit.
Thank you and hope to gain a lot more knowledge.

farmboy
07-18-2013, 00:40
Hi,
I'm a few weeks out from my DLPT in Serbo-Croatian at DLIFLC, not sure how it will turn out but I'm preparing like I'm gonna pass. Enlisted last year in May as a 35P which I'm planning on changing as soon as I can. Thank you to all who have come before me for your time and sacrifice and also to the people that dedicate time to the operation of this site.

Aimpoint
07-24-2013, 23:01
Im an 11B in a NG LRS outfit and longtime lurker of this board. I've learned a lot over the years and can't wait to learn more.

ace_
07-25-2013, 11:04
Hello. I am in the Army Reserve. Joined this site to get some tips on physical training and get the perspectives of the quiet professionals.

North County
07-25-2013, 11:55
Hello,
I am prior service Navy and very interested in learning about the SF community. My goal is to volunteer and assess for SF in the near future.

Thank you

G.Cherry
07-26-2013, 19:47
Hello,

I was studying and had been planning on making a career in the Military when I found this website. The thing that drew me to research so thoroughly was the question of whether I wanted to serve in the United States Army or the United States Marine Corps.

My time reading in these forums showed me that Special Forces ODAs are unique in their mission. And it was from discovering what made them unique that has driven me towards wanting to earn the right to serve as a Special Forces Officer. There is a chance I will fail in my mission to become an 18A, but the only thing holding me back from trying to accomplish it is myself--and I don't intend to let that get in my way.

It is my plan to enroll in AROTC in September 2014 (I would enroll sooner, but my financial situation holds me back). I wish to earn my commission and get branched into Infantry. It is with high hopes that I intend to submit a packet to lateral-move to the 75th Regiment when I become a 2LT (P) and submit a packet to enter SFAS when I become a 1LT (P).

Thank you for taking the time to read this. And I would like to give a special thanks to the Quiet Professionals who have made sacrifices to serve as the Sheepdogs to our nation. And another thanks to the Quiet Professionals who take the time to share their wisdom on this website. You have my undying gratitude.

Sincerely,

Gage

Armymedic
07-27-2013, 19:45
Hello, my handle for now is Armymedic.

I am in my 25th yr of service in the Canadian Armed Forces. Thru our military, I have earned the B. Sc from Univ Nebraska, and I am currently employed as a Canadian Certified Physician Assistant in Petawawa Ontario.

I have done a lot of things, been many places, and have met and worked along side some outstanding quiet professionals.

I signed on these boards quite a while ago and forgot about it while away at PA school, and now look contribute.

MrClean
07-29-2013, 11:16
Hello, I've been browsing the site for a couple of weeks now. I love the site, your candor, professionalism and no BS approach to life is admirable.

I'm currently in the CA ARNG, a 1LT and was just transferred to the Mortars section from a Mech Infatnry Platoon. I'll be heading to Infantry MLC shortly.

I love the military and hind sight 20/20, wish I would have gone active right off the get go.

I attended SFRE last December at CSLO for the 19th Group. Passed (but just barely). Obviously not enough to get selected. I've been prepping since and was looking forward to another go at it this Sept, but just found out, thanks to this site, that the Sept event has been canceled for now... bummer. Just means I'll be even more prepared when it comes around again.

As I've learned more about the SF group, lifestyle, etc. I've been more and more drawn to it. Eventually, I'll be there.

bryce_b
07-29-2013, 20:59
Hello, my name is Bryce, I'm 24 years old, I live in a small town in California, and am currently unhappily employed as a restaurant manager. My goal is to serve in Army SF, so I'll be enlisting Active Duty in the Army this November. I plan on enlisting as 68W, 12B, or 91F. I feel that I would benefit from time in the Army before going to selection. Until I go to MEPS in November I'm focusing on PT and ruck marching.

Slade36
07-30-2013, 13:17
I am a 25 year old 18x candidate shipping out 20130909. Graduated from the University of Washington a couple years back, been working behind a desk ever since and hating it. I have always wanted to serve my country and saw my window of opportunity closing, so here I am! Been working hard to get myself physically and mentally prepared to head down the 18x pipeline. Looking forward to using this site to familiarize myself with what it takes to become a Green Beret. Thanks to everyone who keeps this site running.

lmed90
07-31-2013, 19:13
My name is Lance Medina and I will be attending Colorado Christian University to earn my MBA. I have just celebrated my first anniversary with my wife Jennifer and could not be happier in life. I have attended LTC at Ft. Knox this summer gain a basic knowledge about the Army, however I am planning on enlisting after graduate school through the 18x program. I am thrilled to learn from this forum, and formulate a better context of what a Special Forces Carrier demands. Thank you for the opportunity.

Juice
08-02-2013, 09:49
Hello my name is James, I'm currently in the Army reserves. I got a conditional release to go active duty through the 18x program but I learned that I need to raise my GT score a little bit, so while I've been waiting to retest I've been doing all the research I can do.

Holy Warrior
08-02-2013, 14:40
Hello to everyone on these forums, I'm just an 18xray shipping out on Monday.

VVV
08-03-2013, 14:42
Hi everyone, 24 years old, former college wrestler, and MMA fighter, worked as a state police officer, resigned recently to pursue a faster paced career, currently taking the next few months to train physically and mentally to prepare, to pursue and hopefully be successful in a SF or Seal career, I'm leaning SF, but undecided at this point in time.

Witz
08-03-2013, 17:46
Hello, I would like to say thank you to all the members in the military on this site for your service. To the Quiet Professionals: thank you for willingly sharing your invaluable knowledge and advice regarding Special Forces.

I am a student at a small, northeastern college interested in Special Forces. I volunteer with Big Brothers Big Sisters and play a NCAA Division 1 sport. I want to become a man for others, dedicated to the pursuit of a good and virtuous life, by helping foreign and domestic people in need of help. My reason for joining this message board is to learn what it takes to become a good man by choosing a path that involves trying out for Special Forces, wearing the tab and beret, and conducting UW, FID, CT, SR, and DA as a Special Forces soldier. I have learned a lot already from reading posts written by Quiet Professionals and other knowledgable members of the board. After I graduate I want to pursue obtaining a Rep-63 contract, if trying out is still the calling I think it is. I greatly admire all those who live the motto, De oppresso liber.

Thank you,

Witz

Ambush Master
08-03-2013, 20:25
Hi everyone, 24 years old, former college wrestler, and MMA fighter, worked as a state police officer, resigned recently to pursue a faster paced career, currently taking the next few months to train physically and mentally to prepare, to pursue and hopefully be successful in a SF or Seal career, I'm leaning SF, but undecided at this point in time.

As out of sequence as you got your Intro,.......I'd say .....maybe you should lean more to the Squeals!!!:munchin

Later
Martin

raptorfusion
08-03-2013, 22:42
Hello everyone, My name is Don, i'm 20 years old and I have wanted to join the military since i was in high school. I have been doing my best to prepare myself mentally and physically for SF training and i have never felt so motivated to keep on going. I plan to go 18x in the near future. Been reading around the site for 7 months now and thought i should go ahead and make a intro. I have always looked up to the QP's and the standards they hold themselves to and i will strive to be the best i can be for myself and those around me. Thank you to everyone who served, i look forward to learning as much as i can from everyone to be successful in my future endeavors.

Thanks, Don.

tecton
08-04-2013, 12:00
Hello all.

I've just started the paperwork required for an 18X contract and will hopefully be locking this down within the next few weeks. I look forward to being part of, and contributing all I can your esteemed warrior culture.

I'm in NYC (upper west side) and if anyone is looking for a training partner or if former SF guys would like to give some advice to a candidate, I would happily meet you at your convenience and would very much appreciate the advice on my training split and anything SF related (I'll buy the coffee or beer). I have a lot to learn and am eager to get started.

Respectfully,
tecton

IcePick1224
08-05-2013, 11:58
Greetings everyone. This being my first post, I'd like to thank everyone involved in this site for providing me with invaluable resources to better focus my training efforts. Also your, "look it up" approach to finding out more information has greatly helped me even in my young military career. I'm currently serving in the WVNG and am hoping to have a chance to try out for 19th Group soon. Any and all advice/criticism is welcome.

DontPanic
08-05-2013, 21:51
Hello again everyone. I registered as "ShiftShaper" back in 2008 and have lurked pretty consistently since then. My original intro was on an old thread which was deleted some time ago. I figured I'd just go ahead and post a new one. I recently completed my first enlistment in the Navy and am currently working toward a degree in applied physics. After I finish, I'd like to enlist in the Army and go through SFAS. When I'm not studying, I volunteer as a strength and conditioning coach at the local high school, as well as work as an olympic weightlifting coach for the competitors at a CrossFit gym.

Blackjack_SCOUT
08-06-2013, 12:30
Greetings gentlemen,
I am a Cavalry Scout (19D20) who joined the CAV (back in 2004) as the best stepping stone to become SF. I was initially active duty but I am now in the Guard. I have accomplished many things as a scout and have done some interesting things on the civilian side involving shooting and being part of a tactical team. I feel that now is the right time to go after my dream and go SF. I would like to thank all of you quiet professionals for providing us with this wealth of information as well as your service to our nation. I am not here to post questions or comments but, as a good scout should, be silent and collect information. If any of you have any questions for me or would like me to elaborate on anything please feel free to contact me at any time.

Continuing to observe,
Blackjack_SCOUT

Yakman
08-06-2013, 13:56
Hello, name is Josh and I'm 20 years old. I hail from PA and I am a 13b in a Guard unit. I am actually re-classing to 19d when I come back from my deployment. This board is a wealth of knowledge and it's a refresher to hear from those who have a thirst to improve themselves as well.

Glen
08-09-2013, 07:48
Greetings,
I’m a mid 50’s Pro America, Military, and LE type of guy with no prior service. In my younger days I took up target shooting and reloading. In the late 70’s I started skydiving and have about 60 jumps. In 1980 I was one of the jumpers at the SOF Convention that performed the demo jump into Ray Chapman’s range. My last jump was also my only jump from a Huey, which was back in 1985. During the mid to late 80’s I supported the anti communist Contras and was able to make a few trips to their camps on the Nicaraguan Honduran border. In 1987 I participated in a SF training exercise called Crystal Caverns which took place in South Louisiana. Starting in 2000 I became interested in Long Range shooting and was able to attend the Sniper Challenge in 2002 and 2004. Since then I have taken firearm classes at CSAT and VATA. In the last few years I have been working with one of the border security groups and make trips down to the border about twice a year. On one border watch I was part of a team that stopped a couple of Chinese Nationals. My current interest is Ham radio, I received my amateur radio license in 2010. When I have time I fire up some of my old Military radios and check into the nightly Military Radio Net. The last time I checked in on the net I used a 1968 Collins KWM-2. Thanks for taking the time to read my intro.

In closing, I would like to thank everyone who has served or is serving in our Armed Forces and those on the thin blue line.

Regards,
Glen
KF5FNP

jjaflague
08-09-2013, 09:32
My name is Justin, and I've been in this community for seven years now. I served in the 173rd ABN BDE for OIF I, and after returning to Vicenza in early 2004, I applied to SFAS. Long story short--made it, got through the Q-course, and got to spend five very good years on ODA 014, (now 0114 since the whole 4th BN stand-up), where my peers and I were fortunate to learn under the tutelage of some real legends, (Doug Vose and Stony Jackson to name two). I'm currently waiting for my sequence number to be called when I'll have to drop my 18E identifier and become an 18Z, and hopefully be fortunate enough to serve back in 10th SFG at Carson after I finish paying my staff penance in Tampa.

I'm hoping to learn as much as I can from those who have "been there" and "done that" so I can do my part to move the regiment and my future ODA forward. I'd also like to send a shout-out to DeMo for all of his patience while instructing me back in Washington in 2009.

DeMo, it's good to see you're doing well.

Thanks all,
-Justin

Jimmyjam
08-10-2013, 18:45
Hello to all, my name is James I'm currently in the national guard and serve as a 15A, which is a Blackhawk pilot. I'm trying out for 20th Group in October and hopefully plan to be in an SFAS class within 6-12 months.

SoapShark
08-12-2013, 08:28
I am a 25 year old 0311 in the USMC Reserves with 2 years of service but no deployments. I have done an inter service transfer and will be beginning the pipeline in October of this year. My reasons for pursuing an SF career path are many but primarily because I like the ethos, creed, and purpose of SF units. I am really just honored to get a chance at selection and regardless of the outcome I feel that it will grow me as a person tremendously.

Nightmare117
08-12-2013, 14:43
Hello there,
My name is Gabriel T., I'm 23 years old and have just recently graduated from the University of South Alabama and currently live in Mobile, Alabama. I have been reading on the forum for a while now, but I only recently joined as a member. I also just recently joined the Army and was lucky enough to get a contract with the 18X-ray program. I will be shipping out 20131008.

Haroldcraig3
08-12-2013, 17:23
Hey, my name is Craig. I'm from Memphis, TN, I'm 24 and I served 4 years on active duty army. I've been out of the army almost two years now and I want to reenlist as of 6 months ago. I was enlisted as an 68 whiskey but I'm not airborne qualified so I can't rejoined unless I change my mos to 18 xray, which is awesome because I was looking for a challenge anyway. Something secret that a very few men can say their apart of and accomplished. Army Special Forces is definitely that and a brotherhood like no other. I've done research on it "what little facts I could find" and I would rather a Quiet Professionals opinion.

43sToImpact
08-12-2013, 20:31
My name is Marshall, I am 20 years old currently living in Fayetteville, Arkansas, I am enrolled at the University of Arkansas beginning my senior year, double majoring in political science & international relations with a minor in history. I have plans to join the United States Army upon graduating from college with an 18X contract. I plan to serve at least 10 years, barring any unforeseen circumstances, before pursuing a career with an unspecified government agency. I am honored to call myself a member of this website and be in the company of such great men. I am looking forward to learning as much as I possibly can during my time here so that it may benefit me in my future endeavors.

eine_frau
08-13-2013, 11:31
Hello all,
I was briefly on the forum a while back, but have not posted in 2 years, so I would like to re-introduce myself.
I live in the south of germany, am 36 years old and work in a medical profession.
Someone with an 18d MOS is very close to me. And sometimes I have to engage in compulsive research on what is happening in the world, just to make any sense of this lifestyle...;)
This forum is tremendously helpful in separating the conspiracy theory and propaganda from what is really happening and I am very grateful.
I also learn a lot from the medical threads.
So thank you for allowing guests on here.

ajd2598
08-13-2013, 18:14
Hello to all,

My name is Adam, and I originally signed up in the latter half of 2009 while I was attempting to learn all I could before enlisting as a 68w in the Army. I then enlisted, and promptly forgot all about this site.

It's now just shy of four years later, and I found my way back here while reading about a case of stolen valor on the web, which referenced this fine site. I'm preparing to ETS in about a month, in order to complete my degree in Biology, and take a crack at getting into medical school. I'd love to re-enter into active service as a physician, if I am granted the opportunity.

I've been stationed at Fort Bragg for the entirety of my enlistment, and I've always been singularly impressed by the very little I've seen of the SF world. The community has always struck me as a highly organized, professional group (particularly in comparison to the Army as a whole ;) ). While I don't seek to don the green beret myself, I would love the opportunity to possibly serve your community should I become a physician. If anyone of the medical folks within this forum has any advice on how best to "get noticed" in a positive manner by the SF medical community, I would love to hear anything you have to say, and any networking opportunities you might provide.

With highest respect,

-ajd2598

DiverEcho
08-17-2013, 15:33
Hi all,
My name is John. I'm currently on a dive team in 1st Group. I'm relatively new to the force and hoping to pick up a few tricks of the trade over in the Echo section. Thanks for the resource.

v/r
John

mtb8d
08-17-2013, 17:22
Hi
REP63 recruit from VA.
Former IC contractor.
Here to learn when not doing PT.

MB 03
08-17-2013, 18:22
Good Evening,

I served in the USMC reserves for seven years as an 0311, with one deployment to Iraq. I got out in 2012, and I recently graduated from college with a BA in history and an emphasis on global studies. Now I am aiming to earn a commission in the Army, and am in the application process for a slot in Army OCS.

Army SF interests me significantly. I'm currently aiming at closer targets, but I have been spending a lot of time reading over this forum and other recommended sources of information. I am here to learn.

I hope to have the opportunity to bring everything I have to bare in further service to our country and to those I would serve with. Thank you all for what you give, and I appreciate all the knowledge and help you guys provide here.

Respectfully,
-MB 03

aubreyna
08-17-2013, 18:23
I am a former infantry marine that conducted two deployments to Iraq as an 0311-infaatry rifleman. I recently graduated college with a BS in Political Science and a minor in legal studies. I am currently beginning the process of enlisting in the 18x program

LooseBolt
08-18-2013, 09:05
Well, "Sticky", I hope this is the right place to post my introduction...I would not like to be ambushed, on the first operation...

Hello, all, and I wish to thank you all for your service and dedication that made the fighting forces of our country great—Courage, dedication, and an indomitable spirit. Which is possibly, why you are appropriately named: Special Forces?
I joined the United States Army in 1965, and reported for duty at Ft. Benning, in October of that year.
Thinking back—I vividly recall an officer from the Special Forces standing before us as we stood at attention. He quickly placed us at ease and gave his pitch.
In essence, he said if we wanted to be the best of the best, a true warrior, and the fiercest and most feared fighting man on earth cross this line. He drew the in the dirt with the toe of his spit-shined boot between us, and him.
I looked covertly to my right where a fellow high school mate stood. I had talked him and another into joining with me.
“How about it Tom?” I asked.
Now Tom was no pansy—he seemed to like to fight, and high school proved this—but his answer was short and succinct and I’ll not forget it.
“No Fu---n way”, he said under his breath standing at ease, and hoping the SDI didn’t hear.
Well I figured that it might not be in my best interest as well, so the line in the dirt did not see our Ohio crotches cross.
From there it was to Ft. Leonardwood, then South Viet Nam. This was a total shock— our recruiter said that it was only the draftees the army sent there.
I was assigned to the 18th Engineer Brigade and for the most part stayed around Cu Chi, Bien Hoa, Vung Tau (good to be here), Saigon, and several short stints at Cam Ranh Bay.
Tom never made it over—one hour before departing Oakland Army Base—the Red Cross notified him that his father had shot himself. He was an only child, and he was gone—back to Ohio and out of the Army.
I served in country for one day short of a year, then served a little more than a year in Germany, then a few months in the States and out.
I cannot say that it was a good time, but looking back I see it was a necessary time for an American male, and patriot to explore physically, and mentally what the word means— “sacrifice”.
The purpose of joining this group is that I am writing a novel—not about Viet Nam or anything related to it.
The novel for the most part is fiction—some truth, and some paranormal.
I require tactical information from the pros.
A friend of mine in the Rangers, and now assigned to the pentagon, could possibly give me some information, however he is on call 24/7 with his duties.
Perhaps there are some of you—you elite trained professionals, that could help.
Thanks for reading…

BornToRun
08-19-2013, 00:31
Greetings,

I'd like to start by thanking all the QP's and other members of our armed forces on this forum for your service, and for sharing your knowledge and experiences with us here.

My name is Ned, and I'm a 28 year old financial professional living in San Francisco. I'm in the process of getting a REP-63 contract, and believe that the information shared here will allow me to be well prepared for the challenges that lie ahead.

Salty_
08-19-2013, 10:09
Good afternoon,

My name is Taylor and i am an Intelligence Specialist in the U.S. Navy. I'm from Colorado and i'm extremely interested in a lateral transfer into the Army to become a Green Beret. I'm currently stationed at Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek/Fort Story. I love my job, but i am tired of sitting at a desk providing information to warfighters doing the job i dream of doing every day. I joined the Professional Soldiers forum to gain knowlege on the process, and the job.

All information is greatly appreciated.

Very Respectfully,
Salty_

rzrbck
08-19-2013, 17:18
Hello all, my name is Bryce and I am actively pursuing my dream of going SF through the means of getting an 18x contract. I am not prior service, and am tired of just sitting around wasting my life away when I can have a shot at what I really want to do. I've used this forum for about a year now and just decided to join the other day. I probably will not post very much, if at all, because all of my questions so far have been previously answered. Thank you all!

wyld3man
08-20-2013, 19:16
Hello,
Been lurking for awhile, thought that I posted an intro when I finished the Q-course so better late than never.
I was in !st AD for about 2 years, went to 82nd for about 7 as a FO and graduated the Q-course in Nov 2010. I have been in C 2/7 on 7231 ever since as the SR 18B.

NvrGiveUP
08-23-2013, 19:35
Good day Gentlemen,
I am a future soldier, enlisted 91fox with opt 40, and can't wait for the challenge.
I have been on the site for awhile but now I feel official since taking the oath several weeks back. I have a couple months until I ship and currently preparing the best I can to show up at the top of the chart.
Any vetting appreciated.

blacksheepace
08-24-2013, 11:16
Good Afternoon Quiet Professionals, SF Candidates, Assets, and anyone else fortunate enough to have stumbled upon this site through whatever means,

My name is Idris and I've been lurking for the better part of the summer and it'll probably be a few more months of reading before I post again since I'd rather not become one of The Reaper's examples. Here's my story, apologize in advance if it's a bit longer than the norm:

I started out as a child with a borderline unhealthy obsession with guns, ammunition, and all things tactical. I also realized I had an innate desire to teach and spread knowledge to younger children before I actually had any to pass down. My only real desire at that age was to go to military school and later join the army. My uncle, who was like the father I was missing during those years, served in the 80s and I remember staying up late just looking at his yearbook night after night, always going straight to the weapons section. Unfortunately enough for me my mother didn't remotely share my fascination and absolutely refused to see it in a positive light: understandable given her urban upbringing. "Guns are bad," she always said, I had to trick my great-grandmother into buying me my first super soaker when I was 9. A friend of my mother's later bought me an air rifle which I didn't shoot (with her permission, anyway) for almost 3 years.

By middle school all I watched were movies about war and army life. I finally convinced my mom to let me join a local Boy Scout troop because I knew it could be my only opportunity to go camping and shooting with some regularity. I was two weeks away from being an Eagle Scout before aging out (12 Ps). I can honestly say, almost 6 years later, I miss carrying heavy loads over rough terrain for long periods of time. I miss being loaded down with essential equipment. I miss getting caught in the rain.

In high school I joined my school's NJROTC unit, however, I left after my sophomore year since I no longer thought I would actually join the military. That, and the majority of the other cadets fit the "negative" stereotypes to a T and I didn't really want to associate with them anymore. By my first semester out I missed damn near everything about it. The uniform, the opportunity to miss school for special activities, but above all else I missed being a part of an organization full of individuals dedicated to their task no matter what anyone else had to say about it.

In college I opted out of ROTC and have thought about it, literally every single day, for the past 5 years. I've been sullenly pursuing a career in finance and banking and I'm finally ready to admit I really don't like working with numbers very much.

What I DO like is helping people grow by giving them the tools to help themselves and being surrounded by people who take their jobs and lives extremely seriously and simply do not know the meaning of the word "quit" and instead demand excellence, at all times, from themselves and their comrades. I also like feeling important. It's been years since I've felt the sense of importance that only comes from knowing your life isn't one that can be lived by just anyone and I have no one to blame for that but myself.

Now, at 23, I am finally realizing that this is my calling, to separate myself from the average man, to obliterate the physical and mental limitations I have set for myself in the past, and to tackle face-to-face the numerous human rights violations occurring in our world, knowing my story may never be told. I'd much rather rather read about the exploits of the men my team and I trained to conquer their oppressors than my own. In fact I prefer it that way. I don't want to be labeled as a hero only to be held to impossibly high standards of perfection by the general public. I just want to die knowing that I have held nothing back and lived a noble life. I want my future wife and children to know that their husband and father gave his all and then some in the name of freedom, not from behind the comfort of a desk or on the streets raising money, but actually went to hell to help put out the fires, came home, regrouped, and did it again.

Again, I apologize for the length of this intro. Outside of this forum, only 2 people know of my plans to enlist next summer. Neither knows, nor would truly comprehend, the depth of my decision. I had to get this off my chest.

No regrets.

GiveRespect
08-24-2013, 22:48
Hello,
Thank you for creating this website and my prayers go out to ALL those who serve this country’s military. My name is Alban. I am an 18 year old college student and I plan on completing my major (don’t know which one yet) with a minor in Arabic. I 'm looking forward to learning as much as I can during my time here on this site so that it may benefit me in my endeavors.

Martlets
08-25-2013, 13:02
Hello all,
I am a 23 year old with a bachelor's of science degree. Haven't really used it all. I have been researching options for joining the Army for a few months and have been lurking here just as long. I am interested in perusing an 18x contract or joining with an option 40 under some other MOS. I would just like to thank you all for the valuable information.

Thanks
-Martlets

JT5
08-25-2013, 16:03
Currently attending the DLI(35P hopeful) about to wrap up with my course in Arabic. I am an aspiring SOT A team member as one our cadre members here was and he highly suggests it. I enjoy PT as long as its hard, deep or dumb discussions, and I am an avid gamer and musician.

18Xin2013
08-26-2013, 17:01

I am ex 82nd, and have been training for SFAS for two years. I am re enlisting in the National Guard in a month, then applying for an SFAS date.

Questions I have:

1. What are some of the best workouts, strength training and cardio that is reccomended for getting through SFAS?

2. I have an awesome SF recruiter, but I know he is a busy man so I dont want to burden him with questions. So I'm thrilled to have found this site.

18Xin2013
08-26-2013, 17:03
Hello all, my name is Bryce and I am actively pursuing my dream of going SF through the means of getting an 18x contract. I am not prior service, and am tired of just sitting around wasting my life away when I can have a shot at what I really want to do. I've used this forum for about a year now and just decided to join the other day. I probably will not post very much, if at all, because all of my questions so far have been previously answered. Thank you all!

Good luck on your quest-

rzrbck
08-26-2013, 17:51
Good luck on your quest-

Same to you.

The Reaper
08-26-2013, 19:32
I am ex 82nd, and have been training for SFAS for two years. I am re enlisting in the National Guard in a month, then applying for an SFAS date.

Questions I have:

1. What are some of the best workouts, strength training and cardio that is reccomended for getting through SFAS?

2. I have an awesome SF recruiter, but I know he is a busy man so I dont want to burden him with questions. So I'm thrilled to have found this site.

Welcome all.

This is the Introductions thread and forum, not the questions thread.

Use the Search button you must, young Jedi. Read and learn. Start with "A Message to Garcia."

TR

DKU
08-26-2013, 20:19
Hello everybody, I'm Ian. I'm 20 years old. I've been on active duty for three years, joined at 17 right out of high school. I'm a 35P(PV) right now. I'm learning and bettering myself at the moment in hopes of getting Selected. The majority of my time here will be spend reading and learning with some questions along the way. If anyone would like to know any more about me or has questions for me, please feel free to send me a message.

Happy to be learning from you guys, thanks.

Dig Deep
08-27-2013, 06:30
Hello everyone, My name is Charles and I am an 18B in 10th SFG (A). I want to say thank you all for the service you have given this country and are continuing to give each day. I have ten years service in the Army as an Infantryman and 2 yrs in SF. Everyday I learn something new from the men around me and try to apply the lessons learned to the future. I believe that the best way to learn is not repeat the past but learn from it.

Currently I live in Colorado with my wife and my dog rascal (border collie and mutt). I am currently studying Health Science in a Bachelors program and hope to finish within the next five years.

I want to apologize up front as I am new to forum posting. Also, criticism is welcome, if I'm in the wrong let me know. Again, Thank you all for your service and have a good'un.

Charles

TxRoadwarrior
08-27-2013, 14:37
Hello my name is Rico, I'm 28 and from the great state of Texas. I grew up loving this country and the military and always dreamed of working alongside the best warriors in this country and making a contribution.

When I graduated high school I decided to attend college first so that I could have a better shot at making it in the military. Long story short is I did well in school, got a degree, a great job, met a girl, bought a house, and now 10 years later I'm feeling that I've put it on the back burner for too long and it is time to pursue my passion.

I have interests in pursuing an 18X/Rep63 contract and going NGSF. I will be using info from these forums and the TXARNG website as well as other forms of literature and advice in order to best prepare.

Thank you for your time and your service.

WHITE
08-29-2013, 00:31
Hello All,

First off, Thank you to all the QP's for their service, and for posting advice and personal trials as it has been very helpful already. I am constantly learning new things that help better myself.

My name is Matt, I am a 19 year old Infantryman in the WI NG currently serving overseas. 3 months after I return to the states I plan on attending a SFRE for A/2/20th SFG.

I have been reading this forum for a while now. I appreciate all the time and effort that is put into this site. It is amazing the amount of knowledge that is available here.

Thank you again.

RATT31C
08-30-2013, 13:20
Good afternoon, my name is Pat. I am a former "support guy", 31C/25C, 10th SFG (A), GSC SIGDET 2000 -2006. I have lurked here for a while now and thought it was time to make an intro. For the past 6 plus years I have had the privilege to continue to support the soldiers of Ft. Carson by maintaining their TROJAN and PROPHET systems. Sometimes I have difficulty articulating myself so, I will more than likely continue lurking. Thank you for allowing me in "your team room".

KR24MARAUDER
08-30-2013, 16:31
My name is Michael, and I have recently joined the U.S. Army as a Special Forces recruit. I have spent the majority of my summer researching Special Forces, and thinking about my future and whether or not I see myself being a part of such an elite brotherhood. I have come to the conclusion that I cannot settle for anything less from myself than the excellence and professionalism that is lived by you gentlemen every day. I am not saying that I have what it takes to be in Special Forces, as that is a tremendous honor I have not yet earned. I just want to make it clear that I take my decision to pursue a career in SF very seriously, and I am dedicating every waking moment to achieving this goal. Thank you all for accepting me as a guest in your house.

KO Kid
09-01-2013, 12:59
Hello All,

I have been viewing professional soldiers for quite some time now and joined somewhat recently. I am very grateful for this site as it answered all the questions I had. I am also happy to say I have enlisted with an 18x contract and ship out on November 5th, 2013. If there is anyone else shipping out around that time feel free to PM me.

bushmaster11
09-02-2013, 14:03
I am a U S Army Captain (Retired). I was an "S" Staff Sergeant from 1968 thru 1974. I had two (2) RVN tours, one with B-36 Mobile Strike Force. The second with SOACCN.

SFA M-986
SOA 929-GL

JP82
09-05-2013, 16:03
I was a former Greenside Corpsman and while going to school after my time in service was done I linked up with a company teaching LTT. This is where I had an awesome experience being mentored by QPs and learning what SF is really all about. The more I talked with these guys and researched SF I realized this is where I belong and what I want to do. For the last two years I've been trying to get into the Ohio Guard to link up with 19th Group to have a shot at SFAS, but through poor decision making on my part in 2008 I require a waiver. For now I will continue to march on with my pt/rucking until I finally get a waiver or I become to old to join.

Love "Message for Garcia" if only I had been given that reading assignment years ago.

Cheers,
JP

Aether
09-05-2013, 19:13
Afternoon all! It's high time I quit lurking and introduce myself. I'm Nathan, Northern CA native transplanted to high desert country, NV. No military affiliation, I enjoy traversing mountains, reading books, current events and long walks on the beach!

Glad to be here, Prost!

saylorbrand
09-06-2013, 19:20
Hello I have been a big fan of the SF since I met a couple of guys in Georgia. I was airborne stationed in Alaska. I now have 5 girls and am always busy. I am looking forward to learning a lot and having some good discussions.

Gear junkie
09-08-2013, 17:35
Howdy, name is Paul, I've been in the Army for about 15 years now. Live up in the Last Frontier and belong to a LRS unit up here. MOS 11B, 25C, 25U. Senior rated Jumpmaster, that's about it.

not too much to say about myself really. Spend a lot of time in the woods hunting and camping. In the winter here you can find me playing or reffing Ice Hockey.

I shoot a lot; I like to compete in IDPA matches and shoot in order to omprove my skills. I reload my ammo because of how much I like to shoot.

TxAggie10
09-08-2013, 19:24
Greetings,

My name is Blake, and I just got done with a double major in Nursing and Kinesiology from Texas A&M University. I've been thinking for some time now that once I got out into the civilian workforce, if I still felt unsatisfied and like I was wasting my potential, then I would strive my hardest for the Army SF. Well..here I am, 3 months into a cush, well paying job in a great emergency department, and that desire for something greater is still there. I will be talking to a recruiter this week and telling him that I'm good to go asap.

Respectfully,

Blake
Texas A&M Class '2013

cfreeman
09-09-2013, 15:40
Hello,
I am a Public Affairs NCO at Bragg, getting ready for SFAS. My PT test is Thursday, so hope it goes well as it is the first step. I reclassed from truck driver to this (not my choice) and once I saw how it was, I knew it wasn't for me. I have always wanted to be a part of the elite. Hope all goes well in SFAS.

Pete
09-09-2013, 16:45
Welcome all.

Enjoy your stay.

If you have a question search first - a few times in different ways - then ask.

Flatline49
09-10-2013, 19:04
Hello my name is Eric. I appreciate being a guest on your site. Thank you for all your service. SF is my life long goal and I am working extremely hard to achieve it.

ltrain
09-11-2013, 11:46
Hello all,

Graduated a few years ago from the Delta course. Currently with 20th GRP out of Maryland. Now that I've been around for at least 5 minutes, I figured I could participate in this forum after lurking around here for years...

GatzJ64
09-12-2013, 14:16
Good Afternoon,

My name is Jordan, have been a fan of the site for about 4 months now. Have learned a BUNCH, and would like to thank everyone for there posts. I am 23 and leave in about a month for Basic under a 18X contract. I am Prior-Service Air Force, was in the Pipeline for TACP (1C431), but failed out due to lack of preparation. Have been out of the Air Force for almost a year, and have since then refocused and have been training non-stop since the day I got out. Ready for the next chapter in my life to start.

Rshadows
09-13-2013, 08:54
Hello my name is Ryan and I am an E-6 Stationed in Fort Bragg currently with CA. I have a selection date of 25 Oct 2013. I have set my goals for SF because I want to be a part of a Elite team. I want to be the quiet professional. I am 26 years old and currently a 25C (radio operator). my eyes were opened to this world when I was stationed with C co. 1/10 in stuttgart germany.

FireCrotch
09-13-2013, 16:21
My name is Brandon. Been in group since 2009 first stationed in the Stu, "Nous Defions" now Colorado "Nous Defions". As you all may see I am a horrible dirty lurker. I'm not big on forums but have been on this one for sometime and have found the answer to quite a few of my questions. Guess I already broke the number one rule on forums, I had no intro posted and posted elsewhere first. Like I said I'm not the best on forums. Anyways, thus far I have enjoyed this site.

Thanks

Roguish Lawyer
09-13-2013, 17:45
My name is Brandon. Been in group since 2009 first stationed in the Stu, "Nous Defions" now Colorado "Nous Defions". As you all may see I am a horrible dirty lurker. I'm not big on forums but have been on this one for sometime and have found the answer to quite a few of my questions. Guess I already broke the number one rule on forums, I had no intro posted and posted elsewhere first. Like I said I'm not the best on forums. Anyways, thus far I have enjoyed this site.

Thanks

Awesome screen name. Crabs? ;)

Trenchead
09-14-2013, 19:13
I am a recent graduate from the University of Oregon. Have been “PT”ing for months now, and am looking to join up with the 19th SFG out of Buckley, Washington.

Mister M
09-16-2013, 08:18
Hello

I'm a civilian currently trapped in corporate america. I have a lot of interest in the SF training and lifestyle. I enjoy detailing cars and I box amateur. I've recently thought about trying for 18x, just haven't planned out the details. In the meantime, I enjoy learning about the training.

I was once told to "become a man that you would look up to"; that is the end. I am just working on figuring out the means.

Frisky
09-19-2013, 16:12
Hi people, Dutch-Canadian here presently living and working in Toronto.

No military background myself (except for my uncle). I was invited by a Special Forces guy to this forum.

Cheers :)

Fatalville
09-20-2013, 18:40
Hello everyone, I am from 3 SFG(A). I have been in the Regiment since Aug 2004. I Spent all my time in 1st BN on a dive team and a few years at the OPS DET as a SFAUC Instructor and Dive SUP. I recently returned to a team and I am back to work. I have spent the last 18 months researching SOF Specific Exposures such as chronic lead exposure and mefloquine toxicity. I wrote a paper on all my findings and I will be publishing it soon. I am the second soldier to be officially diagnosed with lead toxicity and I am still undergoing evaluation for possible mefloquine toxicity. I will be happy to answer any questions and give anyone all the information I used in my work. DOL!

Edited by Richard

lost_at_sea
09-21-2013, 13:38
My name is Erick. I've been looking around this forum for a while and it's a wealth of knowledge. I'm from FL and i'm an 18X waiting to ship.

Dead_Bolt
09-25-2013, 03:15
Hello everyone, I am a Future Soldier - MOS: 18X - shipping to Ft. Benning, GA on the 18th of November (2013) - I am happy to know I have a resource as efficient as this forum, and am proud to be a member of this group. I would love to further introduce myself but I have APFT in 30min so for now, that is all. Thank you all for having me as a member here.

agis3
09-25-2013, 19:46
First of all I'd like to state that this site, is an insurmountable asset to any one like myself, considering the path to SF.

About me: I am an infantry TL in the National Guard Airborne Infantry unit in TX. Also I am a full time student pursuing my B.S. in Geography, with a minor in Business Administration; and a bar tender. When I initially enlisted in the ARMY I knew nothing about it. I enlisted in the Reserves as a 25U; in all honesty my decision was based mostly on educational finance. Once I made it to my unit I immediately knew I absolutely needed to do more as a soldier. Thus, my transfer to Able company and MOST to 11B. Since then, I have learned a great deal about myself and what it means to be a soldier.

Yet even in an Airborne Infantry unit my hunger to do more exists. Do not mistake my meaning here: the 143rd is an outstanding unit, whose leadership is second to none in the NG( and even many in Active Duty); furthermore, I am forever great-full for the experiences and insight I have gained from my time in Able company--especially, on our deployment to Afghanistan in 2011. However, the time has come for me to pursue a higher purpose. That purpose is that of SF: not for the prestige or notification. For the sake of doing more.

Some guys believe the Soldiers creed is cliche, but it spoke to me and still does. The SF creed speaks to me on an even higher level. The SF mission is one that I believe in to the core. The success of this nation depends on SF. With out focus on: Unconventional Warfare, Counter Terrorism, Foreign Internal Defense, Special Reconnaissance, and secrecy we will fail in the Wars of today and tomorrow. I want to be a part of that, I want to see it to fruition.

On another note I am soon to be the father of a son. Wyatt( my sons name) adds fuel to the fire that is the path to SF for me. I am currently training myself to the bone while juggling: a pregnant girl-friend, School, Work, and my commitment to Able Co as TL/ acting SL. As far as I'm concerned all this just adds to the training value, because in my mind I have already made the commitment, and nothing short of life limb or eyesight can deter my persistence.

But talk is cheap, I just hope I get the chance to do it all. Willing is not enough, we must do, (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, and Bruce Lee)

VR
Mike

Silver Eagle
09-25-2013, 19:50
First of all I want to thank all of you for your service and dedication. I have been lurking around here since March.I am currently a camp ranger for a Boy Scout camp in northeast okla. I am an NRA rifle, pistol, shotgun, muzzleloader instructor and Chief range safety officer. I was a police officer for five years and owned and operated a private security business .

Inf Medic
09-26-2013, 14:20
I am currently an Army National Guard Infantry Medic.

Previously active duty Army (Intel, Engineer) and Army Guard Artillery.

My interest in this site is to further my knowledge base as an infantry medic and linguist. With an eye towards future career goals as a support medic in 19th or 20th Group.

Schwaben
09-27-2013, 09:51
Hello,

18E from 1-10. Joined the regiment in 2006. Here to chat with fellow QPs.

I like that others can visit this forum and ask questions about joining or about the career path. It is not for everyone but the rewards are worth it. By rewards I mean self improvement and satisfaction with ones life.

Happy to be here,

Ian

ALS
09-28-2013, 21:59
Hello,

Been lurking around for a few months trying to learn as much as I can. I've been training for almost a year for a chance to be interviewed, although I still have a long way to go. I have no prior military service but both of my parents do. Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedules to share your experiences and knowledge.

Radio_Man
09-30-2013, 08:02
I am a communications operator currently at Fort Bragg and working in USASOC. I deploy in support of SOF and am usually embedded with an SF team. I joined mostly to discuss radio procedures and tactical field comms with 18Es that have created their own field expedient equipment and ways of conducting clandestine communications. I would also like to share my real world knowledge of HF and other communications with those seeking different ways of "making it work".

onezero
09-30-2013, 16:09
I have always been interested in 18X (X= B, C, D and E) tactics, techniques and equipment.

I have been studying USSF for over 40 years.

I look forward to learning and sharing on this great site.

This site kept popping up during recent Internet searches and so I decided to check it out.

I was pleasantly surprised and decided to join.

"Jim"

TCD126
10-01-2013, 07:35
I was in 1st Group and a SWC instructor in Yuma for a total 18 year.

Holmchicken
10-01-2013, 17:55
I posted an intro on here before and either I did it incorrectly or it got lost to the internet. With that, I felt it would be best to just reintroduce myself.

I've been in 1st Group since 2007 (3rd Bn) and have deployed to OIF, OEF-P and OEF-A, as an 18C which is still my MOS.

Thanks and appologies for anything done incorrectly up to this point.

long_tab_medic
10-06-2013, 10:23
18D with 4th Bn 1st Group. Graduated the Q Course July 2010.

Jerry4463
10-06-2013, 23:18
Currently a PFC in the Reserves. MOS 12W. I am a full time student at Shepherd University; plan on pursuing an 18X contract upon graduation. No interest in being an officer. I am hear to read and learn.

taptap
10-07-2013, 18:53
Enlisted in 2000, commissioned in 2006, and graduated SFQC March 2013.

Raider97
10-08-2013, 13:02
I am an 18 X candidate shipping Nov. 5 to Basic Training. I am here to read and learn as well.

scout18
10-08-2013, 13:28
Hello, I am a prior service 19D with an OIF deployment working on getting back in. I'm from Texas and I've been on this site for two years now and think it's time I introduced myself instead of being a completely silent stalker.