![]() |
The Many Excuses for Jihad
Please post here examples of the excuses offered to explain Jihadi attacks.
Quote:
|
Quote:
Also posted here: http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...137#post295137 |
Sounds Like SJS to me, or Chronic Repressive Sudden Jihadi Syndrome.
Add to that some gross negligence in not wanting to out someone with extreme statements such as: Col Terry Lee [29], recalls that Hasan “claimed Muslims had the right to rise up and attack Americans”; Hindsight is a bitch................ |
I'm reaching, going out on a limb here,...
Can someone break it down for me?
I undersand there is a remote possibility of secondary trauma and compassion fatigue for fellow soldiers serving in combat units, but how many troops are we talking about, let alone "mental health professionals"? What are the total number of troops on the ground vs. how many actually participate in ground actions? And then, how many engaged in heavy fighting vs. those who only witness it sencond hand. When enemy contact is made, how long is a typical engagement? I watched the movie, "Men Who Stare at Goats" this weekend. I am now convinced that 'Remote Viewing' has caused PTSD is some soldiers, especially those who saw battles in countries not yet fighting, in the future. WD |
Quote:
|
Easy cure:
Take two 5.56s and call me in the morning. If you can. |
Quote:
|
I believe we have some Phych docs looking for funding for a study in an essetntially non existant problem.
|
Gentlemen,
This thread was intended to highlight the many creative and ludicrous excuses given for jihad. We seem to be getting off topic on suggested cures for SJS, which I am sure there will be many. This could be a topic for another thread: Cures for Sudden Jihadi Syndrome. ;) |
Ok......The Devil Made Me Do It? :D
|
His workload was too heavy
Courtesy of L.A. Times/Shari Roan:
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,4570410.story "The military is doing more and more to address emotions," Callahan said. "They are becoming more focused and precise in realizing they have got to prepare people emotionally for war." Some say military mental health providers, possibly including Hasan, carry heavy workloads as a result. So.......Hasan could not help but to shoot 50 people while proclaiming "allahu akbar" as his workload was too heavy? Thank you L.A. Times. I've been known to work 7 days a week, pulling all-nighters, missing all meals, stressed out to the hilt... but during those wretched days I remember turning to my faith as a source of comfort to quiet my tired soul, not as an enabler of mass violence. |
I assume as time goes by we will learn just how devout Hasan was. I'd be interested if it was a recent thing as opposed to him being a lifelong devotee of the faith. A recent increase in his interest/obsession with Islam could be an indicator of recruitment efforts. Could just be he was depressed. I just can't buy this "secondary PTSD" theory. I don't think most psychologists will either.
|
What about A Leap Of Faith?
Not to draw too narrow of a comparison, but could you liken this to finding God in Christianity? Born again Muslim? At any rate I think he fully intended to Martyr himself at the time, so it was a complete act of contrition. |
Quote:
Clarification: Let's post excuses, with links, for jihad that have been offered by the MSM and jihadi apologists to explain jihadi violence. See the examples in the first article by Daniel Pipes. |
All these are from an article posted here:
http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...ad.php?t=25343 Quote:
|
Article posted here:
http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...ad.php?t=26009 Quote:
|
PTSD by osmosis - His Parents died - No girl would have him
PTSD by osmosis - His Parents died - No girl would have him
Quote:
Meanwhile - Radical Methodist kills 5, wounds 4, while shouting “Jesus Christ” in Utah Mall |
Quote:
As far as excuses for Jihad: a few times we caught guys placing IEDs around Fallujah and HET let us know that people were starting to do it because that was the only way to get money to live off of. Sometimes the family of an "insurgent" we killed did not know he was engaging in anti-coalition activity and assumed he was murdered by us, thereby creating more in surgents. I've written a couple of essays on the subject, I'll see if I can track them down and post my resources. |
Fla. police: Man threatening Jews taken off flight
Asad's son, 27-year-old Mickey Asad, told The Associated Press that his father suffered from bipolar disorder and was in and out of mental institutions when he was younger.
"He's far from a terrorist," said the younger Asad. "He just lost his temper. There's no excuse, but someone had to have pushed his button" http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...ad.php?t=27027 Article |
Quote:
That had to be it. :D |
Quote:
|
Jihad Envy
with some examples> > Someone always has a bigger Jihad then you. > My Jihad is bigger then your Jihad. > When I get older will my Jihad be as big as yours Dad ? > Muhamid had the biggest Jihad of them all nothing can compare. > If your wife makes fun of your jihad, Kill her. |
The lonely defense is once again offered, along with some new ones. Inner ear disease?
Quote:
|
Of course, who hasn't thought of storming the cockpit of a commercial airliner while in flight due to poor service. :rolleyes:
Quote:
|
| All times are GMT -6. The time now is 13:38. |
Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®