Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Bear Pit > PT/ H2H

Old 01-23-2006, 18:41   #1
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

LINE

http://www.linecombatives.com/INSTRUCTORS.html
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 18:52   #2
Spartan359
Guerrilla

-Isaiah 6:8
Spartan359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 19:06   #3
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

LINES 1 and 2 are taught at Ph-II. Personally I thought for the time spent on the system it was a waste of time...but what do I know.

Too much step here, twist this, kick here...

I prefer the monkey stomp to the sweep and stomp!!...

Crip

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 19:06   #4
Kyobanim

Anyone call him on it yet?

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."
Optimus Prime
Kyobanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 19:17   #5
Ammodawg
Asset

This is a joke right?
Ammodawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 21:46   #6
Warrior-Mentor
Quiet Professional

Thumbs up Good to Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammodawg
This is a joke right?
No. Ron Donvito is legit. He's trained several SFQCs, and been contracted by 7th SFG to run courses as well. While I was the 1st SWTG(A) S1, the Group Commander contracted him to run LINES instructor training in the SFQC. Was good to get Warrior Skills like this into the SFQC...gotta have it...it's in the song right? Anyway, the Group Commander had Mr. Donvito run a course for him and his Battalion Commanders to get them qualified as well (I suspect they enjoyed hurting one another).

LINES isn't a bad foundation for someone who's had no training. It's designed for military units to be able to train large group of soldiers in hand to hand combat by getting them in, well, lines. The applications are designed to work when you're smoked and wearing combat gear. When C/3/7 SFG contracted him to run a course for them, they had to do the training in their assault gear, complete with body armor.

LINES "stands" for Linear Infighting Neural-override Engagement System. It's basic idea is to break an arm and shake so the nervous system shuts down and goes into survival/self-preservation mode. Arm Bars and head stomps are key.

He runs CCI in Fayetteville, NC and last time I was there, any SF Qualified guy was welcome to train at his facilities for free.

JM
Warrior-Mentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 21:52   #7
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

I watched Ron with C/3/7 and Training Group and his skills were sharp. He also seemed to be a pretty good teacher.

The one thing was that he ran training at full speed and there were a lot of fat lips, busted noses, and black eyes, as well as the usual muscle aches and pains, but the application was pretty impressive.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 22:05   #8
Warrior-Mentor
Quiet Professional

The man has no neck.

I'd be impressed with anyone who could put a choke on him.
Warrior-Mentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 04:42   #9
Kyobanim

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper
The one thing was that he ran training at full speed
TR
That's how Krav Maga is taught

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."
Optimus Prime
Kyobanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 06:21   #10
Ammodawg
Asset

Thank you for clearing that up for me Sir's, his web site seemed a little "over-the-top" to be real, but I suppose if you think about it, most of the things that our SF troops do could be deemed too amazing to be true
Ammodawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 13:41   #11
mffjm8509
Quiet Professional

I've often wondered why this hasnt come up here before.

Ron is legit, and used to come to the first LINES class taught during Phase II for each class. Really what he did was give his wolves vs sheep speech and a background of the system. Also his son Mike would come out and assist at training often. Mike was a Muchado BJJ purple belt, has trained with Ken Shamrock, and a competitive MMA fighter on the east coast last I spoke with him.

LINEs is a course that Ron developed while a hand to hand instructor in the USMC. SWC adopted his program in 97-98 I believe, and began sending instructors through the USMC course. When I left in 2003 the objective was to get all students that graduated the SFQC to be certified by Ron as instructors. While most of us disagreed with him at the time, the program continued. I dont know how well its played out.

My team used the POI to teach my G's in Iraq last year. More than anything it got them to be physical with each other. Techniqes were simple enough to to teach through a terp and for them to retain through repitition. When I left they were teaching the techniques to others in thier unit.

NDD, believe it or not SOME people show up at the Q-course as limp wristed as Clay Aikens. Everybody doesnt show up with a high school wrestling background and many of these kids have never been in a fight. The LINE system was easy to learn and TEACH, and required no resources to train. We also structured it in a way to be physicaly demanding and provide good PT during combatives. Obviously, if someone showed up with other skills then it didnt provide them with much.

When Ron retired he moved to Fayettville and opened up the school there. Now its on Yadkin at the old water slide property. The good thing is if you're in Group, TDY at school at Bragg, or have ever went through one of his courses you can train with them for free. He also lets your wives train there for free.

mp

MDP

"May God be with you and may the devil be crushed underfoot as you march for peace on the skulls of our enemies, for goodwill, security and a quality of life that comes only with democracy, " - Ted Nugent
mffjm8509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 16:52   #12
Razor
Quiet Professional

M,

Does Mr. P still instruct combatives out your way?

On another note, I believe you're right about the LINES timeframe being 97-98, as MAJ Whalen (commanding A Co) was sending cadre down to LeJeune in early 97 to become instructors to teach the officer students during morning PT.

Last edited by Razor; 01-31-2006 at 16:56.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 17:22   #13
mffjm8509
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor
M,

Does Mr. P still instruct combatives out your way?

On another note, I believe you're right about the LINES timeframe being 97-98, as MAJ Whalen (commanding A Co) was sending cadre down to LeJeune in early 97 to become instructors to teach the officer students during morning PT.
Yes Mike still has a contract with 10th Group. From what I know he is only available during PT hours in the ISOFAC. Unfortunately as a Kempo guy, his techniqe really requires a lot of practice and repitition wihtout much physical exersion. Consequently most of the ODAs dont sacrifice thier PT time to learn this.

Last year Pat Flatley got the Group Commanders approval to build a training room next door to the existing mat room. Bottom floor is covered wall to wall and up 4' on the wall in mats. One of the guys in 2nd Battalion has trained with Ralph Gracie since he was a kid so three days a week he was conducting classes there, (deployed now). Upstairs Pat has a pretty extensive Mui Thai room with speed bags, heavy bags, and all of the force on force equipment to run some pretty exhausting sessions.

mp

MDP

"May God be with you and may the devil be crushed underfoot as you march for peace on the skulls of our enemies, for goodwill, security and a quality of life that comes only with democracy, " - Ted Nugent
mffjm8509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 21:14   #14
Razor
Quiet Professional

Between the improvement in weight equipment I've heard about and what you just described, that ISOFAC has really come a long way! Glad the boys have something like that available.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 21:37   #15
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Well then, I apologize for laughing at him. I might be a little jaded, having lived through the Maaaaster Savelli era in the same unit Reaper mentioned.

This however, still cracks me up:
"Linear Infighting Neural-override Engagement System"

Since you guys say he is good to go, I'll be nice.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote