Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Bear Pit > PT/ H2H

Old 08-30-2005, 06:15   #1
Kyobanim

Unarmed SD Scenarios

Lets talk techniques.

Rules:
1. All techniques are for unarmed attacks and defenses
2. Respond to the attack and list the benefit of your response
3. Only list one defense technique per post.

Let it run for a couple of answers before posting a new scenario

I'll prime the pump.

Attack: You are grabbed from behind in a bear hug. Your arms are trapped against your body. Your attacker is leaning back, lifting your feet off the ground. What do you do?

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."
Optimus Prime

Last edited by Kyobanim; 08-30-2005 at 10:09.
Kyobanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 06:43   #2
Huey14
Kia ora, bro

Kick him in the balls?

Benifits (As I see it): Attacker is temp. fucked if you kick him hard enough and could release you.

"That block was already messed up."
Huey14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 07:13   #3
Spartan359
Guerrilla

First I would attempt to head butt him with the back of my head. Grab his balls with one of my hands. The instant he would let my feet touch the ground I would spead them to the sides so when I looked down his feet were between mine and I would attempt to bend over and grab his ankles and pull up as hard as I could knocking him on his ass. The result would be him falling and hitting the back of his head on the floor and me landing on top of him extremely pissed .

-Isaiah 6:8
Spartan359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 07:48   #4
hoepoe
Guerrilla

In no particular order :

1) Attempt to heat butt (back of head to nose)
2) Heel to shin or heel/foot to kneecap
3) Lean forward hard causing the assailant to pull back harder, then throw all my weight back throwing him on his back
4) grab balls and hurt
5) Bite anything within reach (his arms etc) but careful not to draw blood. aids 'n shit
6) as soon as i get loose whip his ass

Hoepoe
hoepoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 09:25   #5
VelociMorte
Guerrilla

Gut him like a fish. I'm never unarmed.
“War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." John Stuart Mill
VelociMorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 09:41   #6
Kyobanim

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelociMorte
Gut him like a fish. I'm never unarmed.
In this thread you are

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Optimus Prime
Old 08-30-2005, 11:24   #7
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

1. Hook one of his legs with one of mine. This neutralizes his ability to pick you up and spike you into the ground
  2. Slip my hips to one side or the other
  3. Grab groin, squeeze, twist, and pull it off
  4. (if his hands are still around my body) peel a hand off by his fingers
  5. lower my center of balance, step behind attacker, then turn into him
  6. Crush his larynx or choke him to the ground
  7. If he is still a threat (in my assessment) by the time he hits the ground I will monkey stomp him into dream land.
  8. I won't stop attacking him until he is unconscience.

This is a very dangerous attack that can cause you serious physical injury or death. You should respond in kind.
"This is the law: The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." - John Steinbeck, "The Law"
Smokin Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 12:16   #8
Kyobanim

Anyone have a scenario?

Optimus Prime
Old 08-30-2005, 13:19   #9
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Kyo,

Do you want them here or in new threads?
"This is the law: The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." - John Steinbeck, "The Law"
Old 08-30-2005, 13:46   #10
Spartan359
Guerrilla

Attack: You are pinned down on the ground with the attacker on top of you. He has his right knee in your sternum and the other on your right forearm. His left hand is choking you and his right hand is holding down your left arm. Your oxygen supply is quickly running out. What do you do?

-Isaiah 6:8
Spartan359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 13:57   #11
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan359
Attack: You are pinned down on the ground with the attacker on top of you. He has his right knee in your sternum and the other on your right forearm. His left hand is choking you and his right hand is holding down your left arm. Your oxygen supply is quickly running out. What do you do?
With his knee on your sternum he has a poor base of support so Buck him off you. It can go a hundred was from there.
Old 08-30-2005, 14:03   #12
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Unarmed Secenario: 2 attackers

Attack:2 men of average size approach you 1 is carrying a map and is asking you for directions.
BG #1: Has a map in hands and is holding it up as they approach and enter your personal space. He is very friendly and looks non-threatening.
BG#2: Is not displaying any signs of aggression either.

Range:They are now in your personal space

BG#2: Grabs your upper body.
BG#1: Grabs your waist.
They are trying to take you to the ground.

What do you do?
Old 08-30-2005, 16:00   #13
Tetrian
Asset

Would be nice with a little more info regarding positions on the attackers during the grab.

Provided atleast the torse dude is in front of me and close enough to get a solid lock on his head, i would grap hold it and then attempt to gouge the eyes out on him on the way down, one by one, or atleast attempt to do enough damage to make him a non threat - if range and other factors doesnt provide an opening for a descent hold on the head, or if balance permits, a quick jabs to the eyes with fingers, pen, keys or similar.(usually carry a pen in my chest pocket for easy access) Again the main point would be to disable him, atleast temporarily.

Waist hight dude, would be next, in case he where behind me i would attempt to grap on to whatever is near, a thumb or similar and a quick rip to break it, goal would be to hopefully interupt his focus for enough time to get clear or get an opening for further attacks, most likely in the form of a joint lock(thing im most "trained" in, so have a feeling it would kick in automaticly) in followed up with an attempt to break said limp, kicks and hits to the head, groin, throat, another eye gouge or similar.

Main point would be to do the one thing most attackers wouldnt be expecting, aka extreme use of violence compared to the norm, most people here(Denmark) are not used to fights escalating so rapidly - an attack being responded to with attempts to disable or kill an attacker could very well give them the shock needed to get me clear.

Or atleast that would be the ideal.

Its really hard to say how I would really react in a situation like that - most likely a few seconds would be lost to thought patterns, despite being mentally prepared that this could be a threat, the first two would go into thinking "this just isnt happening", then considerations about laws and goverment punishments, and similar thoughts. I am attempting to develop a selv defence mindset, as advocated here and other places, but alas, Its not unlikely i would just scream like a little bitch, flail my arms uncontrolably and then get pounded into the ground, well or atleast take a few secs to get started

Edit : didnt see the thread on criterias before typing this posts - do hope it can be accepted in its current form.

-Tetrian

Last edited by Tetrian; 08-30-2005 at 16:11.
Tetrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 16:18   #14
Michelle
Hornet Nest Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan359
I agree that his balance is compromised... I would roll rather than try to buck though (I'm pretty small).

You can also knee the kidney/rib area, or kick him in the back of the head (yes, it's do-able; I just made my co-worker do the scenario with me and was able to do all of the above to him).

I'm going to get fired at this rate.

m1
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 16:22   #15
aricbcool
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Joe
  1. Hook one of his legs with one of mine. This neutralizes his ability to pick you up and spike you into the ground
  2. Slip my hips to one side or the other
  3. Grab groin, squeeze, twist, and pull it off
  4. (if his hands are still around my body) peel a hand off by his fingers
  5. lower my center of balance, step behind attacker, then turn into him
  6. Crush his larynx or choke him to the ground
  7. If he is still a threat (in my assessment) by the time he hits the ground I will monkey stomp him into dream land.
  8. I won't stop attacking him until he is unconscience.

This is a very dangerous attack that can cause you serious physical injury or death. You should respond in kind.
Nice list Smokin' Joe.

A little late to the party, but I would do 1-3, and then pull one of his hands off by the wrist (say my right hand, his left wrist), twist under his arm to break wrist or at least get him under control. From there, I'd strike ribs, throat, knees, soften him up, and then throw him to the ground by his throat. Then I'd proceed with 7 and 8.

--Aric