Go Back   Professional Soldiers > Special Forces Weapons > Edged Weapons

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2005, 21:59   #1
HaveBlue
Auxiliary
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 62
Mr. Harsey's Knives

Hi all, I've started a small collection of Mr. Harsey's designs. Here is a link to my Gallery
http://www.pbase.com/haveblue/harsey_designs
HaveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 23:21   #2
alphamale
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Excellent pics HaveBlue!

FrontSight
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 03:12   #3
12B4S
Quiet Professional
 
12B4S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Colorado
Posts: 754
Yeah........ and great collection! I'm envious.
Also your first post in almost 7 months. Hell of a first post. If you have any your not using, ship 'em down my way.
__________________
Brad...
12B4S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 08:27   #4
HaveBlue
Auxiliary
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 62
Thanks for the nice comments. I haven't posted much just because I'm a little in awe of you guys and don't want to post something stupid. I did get to shake Mr. Harsey's hand at the OKCA show in Eugene.
My only tenuous link to Special Forces is my uncle. He's Air Force, but on his first tour in Vietnam he was a FAC for a Special Forces team. The first thing they had him do was order a Randall knife. My dad still has it along with the letters back and forth to Bo Randall.
As far as spares, I dropped a Std Tactical folder off at Lone Wolf yesterday for lazer etching. Then it's going to Iraq, we're giving it to our office managers nephew, A USMC Sgt. on a tank recovery team.

BTW while at Lone Wolf I found out they are doing a test run of T2's with a tanto blade. I put my name into buy one.
HaveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 09:19   #5
Bill Harsey
Bladesmith to the Quiet Professionals
 
Bill Harsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oregon, Land of the Silver Grey Sunsets
Posts: 3,871
Wow.
Bill Harsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 09:22   #6
mumbleypeg
Guerrilla
 
mumbleypeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 231
Great pics. Thanks for the post. That Mr. Harsey sure knows his way around the grinder.
mumbleypeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 11:25   #7
hoepoe
Guerrilla
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Israel
Posts: 405
Very very very nice!

I'm a bit cconfused, can the Yarberough (SP?) be sold to simpletons like myself, non US Armed Forces?

Many thanks

Hoepoe
hoepoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 11:53   #8
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere
 
Roguish Lawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 8,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoepoe
Very very very nice!

I'm a bit cconfused, can the Yarberough (SP?) be sold to simpletons like myself, non US Armed Forces?

Many thanks

Hoepoe
http://www.signedknife.com/greenberet.html
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 13:52   #9
HaveBlue
Auxiliary
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoepoe
Very very very nice!

I'm a bit cconfused, can the Yarberough (SP?) be sold to simpletons like myself, non US Armed Forces?

Many thanks

Hoepoe
Any Chris Reeve dealer can sell you a Green Beret knife, in 7 or 5.5 versions. You have to EARN a Yarborough knife.

"This knife is known to the U.S. Army Special Forces as "The Yarborough" and to everyone else as "The Green Beret Knife". It is a no-nonsense, hardworking tool, designed by renowned knife maker and designer Bill Harsey, with function and manufacturing input from Chris Reeve. Made in Boise, Idaho by Chris Reeve Knives, the Green Beret Knife is a using knife that, just like the men for whom it was designed, is efficient, tough and uncompromising.
As from August 23, 2002, a serialized version of the "Yarborough" knife will be presented to each graduate of the Special Forces Qualification Course. Current and former members of the US Army Special Forces will be able to purchase the knife from the John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Museum Gift Shop, with USASOC approval. For further details, please visit
http://www.soc.mil/swcs/museum/yarborough_knife.htm
Without the name "Yarborough" and non-serialized, the otherwise identical knife - The Green Beret Knife - is available from Chris Reeve Knives. "
HaveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 13:54   #10
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere
 
Roguish Lawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 8,535
H:

There is a giant thread on this knife if you use the search button.

RL
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 22:24   #11
signedknife
Asset
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Oregon close to the edge of the woods
Posts: 13
Here's some more.

1993 Titanium Frame Lock.

1999 Proto type Harsey tactical folder.

199? Fixed blade I believe Mr Harsey made 12 of these. 2 Proto types
and a batch of 10.

Thanks for looking SK
Attached Images
File Type: jpg April 2005 014.jpg (54.1 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg Snow Shop knives 017.jpg (86.3 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg Snow Shop knives 019.jpg (97.3 KB, 72 views)
signedknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 23:00   #12
Huey14
Kia ora, bro
 
Huey14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 931
Best looking knives I've ever seen.
__________________
"You destroyed half a city block!"

"That block was already messed up."
Huey14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 00:40   #13
12B4S
Quiet Professional
 
12B4S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Colorado
Posts: 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveBlue
Thanks for the nice comments. I haven't posted much just because I'm a little in awe of you guys and don't want to post something stupid. I did get to shake Mr. Harsey's hand at the OKCA show in Eugene.
My only tenuous link to Special Forces is my uncle. He's Air Force, but on his first tour in Vietnam he was a FAC for a Special Forces team. The first thing they had him do was order a Randall knife. My dad still has it along with the letters back and forth to Bo Randall.
As far as spares, I dropped a Std Tactical folder off at Lone Wolf yesterday for lazer etching. Then it's going to Iraq, we're giving it to our office managers nephew, A USMC Sgt. on a tank recovery team.

BTW while at Lone Wolf I found out they are doing a test run of T2's with a tanto blade. I put my name into buy one.
Hm.... seems Bill is speechless. Not even FS has done that yet.
(The trick with FS posts is never read two or more in quick succession)

HB, if possible, maybe your Uncle would like to check out this site.

BTW, good use of a spare W. Harsey blade.
__________________
Brad...

Last edited by 12B4S; 06-09-2005 at 00:44. Reason: It seems a letter or two is missing
12B4S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 08:08   #14
hoepoe
Guerrilla
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Israel
Posts: 405
Gents, thanks for the info regarding the Green Beret knife.

Hoepoe
hoepoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 08:26   #15
HaveBlue
Auxiliary
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12B4S
Hm.... seems Bill is speechless. Not even FS has done that yet.
(The trick with FS posts is never read two or more in quick succession)

HB, if possible, maybe your Uncle would like to check out this site.

BTW, good use of a spare W. Harsey blade.
Excellant idea, I'll forward the info to him. He tells me he spends all his time going to reunions & funerals now days.
HaveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 23:00.



Copyright 2004-2019 by Professional Soldiers
Site Designed, Maintained, & Hosted by Hilliker Technologies