Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > TMC 14 > The Aid Bag

Old 03-27-2005, 19:58   #1
Henci
Asset

Question Request for advise.

Dear Members!

Let me start with a sort introduce. I am member the of the Recon unit of the Hungarian Army . After many years the HQ finally recognised that how usefull a medic in a team. Still now we had only a medic squad for the whole Battalion.
So the HQ did the first steps to change this situation, and sent four soldiers to the 91W course to the USA. The second step will be the 18D course in the next year (I hope this not just a nice dream...)
After the end of this course we will return to home and start a new kind of job at home (new MOS) as a medics.
However without any historical background the combat medics a bit will be difficult to set a combat medic bag. This is the point where I need your advise.
Please give me ideas to put together the contains of the medic bag.
I do not want to forgot something "small" but important item.
If you help me please do not use different trade names of medications because in Europe most of them unknown.
The areas where I as a medic will be present the next:
To support the following training:
PT
SUBA and anphib training
Parachute jumps
Live firing exercises
Mountenering
Combat actions:
Foot and mounted recon patrols
Direct actions
Combat search and rescue
And finally we had a non military task the rescue operations during nature disasters (mainly flood).

Probably the all equpment will come from the govertment except the bag(s).
I am looking forward your ansvers.
With the bigest respection
Henci
Henci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 20:30   #2
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Henci:

Welcome!

First please fill out your profile, and read all of the stickies at the top of the forums. Introduce yourself on the "Introductions" thread.

Then look in the upper right hand corner of this page, and click on the "SEARCH" button.

Type in "Aid Bag" or "Medical Bag", and read all of those threads.

The 18D course is very demanding and technical. Whoever comes over has to be very sharp.

Good luck.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 04:07   #3
SwedeGlocker
Asset

Get:
Workbook, Patrol Medical Course, International Special Training Center 2002
BATLS/BARTS manual

If you read the above you will get a European flavor.
Make sure that your unit let you practise your skills in the real world. Spend most of the time in ER and EMS with some weeks in the OR for your airway skills
SwedeGlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 13:33   #4
52bravo
Auxiliary

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeGlocker
Get:
Workbook, Patrol Medical Course, International Special Training Center 2002
if you dont have it i can mail it to you.
If we are going to ask one of our combat medics to undertake a medical treatment in the middle of a firefight, then we need to be as sure as possible that the benefit resulting from this treatment is going to be worth the risk.
52bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 20:47   #5
Henci
Asset

thx

Thank you the answers!
Henci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 22:11   #6
sterling
Asset

Location: Any place that has a good: roof, "shitter" and bed. Currently Mexico....Colonial Mexico.
52BRAVO,

If that is an open offer, I would like a copy.
sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 02:09   #7
52bravo
Auxiliary

send me email
If we are going to ask one of our combat medics to undertake a medical treatment in the middle of a firefight, then we need to be as sure as possible that the benefit resulting from this treatment is going to be worth the risk.
52bravo is offline   Reply With Quote