Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Arena

View Poll Results: Winners
Jets 0 0%
Steelers 12 85.71%
Rams 4 28.57%
Falcons 7 50.00%
Vikings 4 28.57%
Eagles 7 50.00%
Colts 7 50.00%
Patriots 5 35.71%
Shutup Doc 3 21.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2005, 15:22   #1
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional
 
NousDefionsDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: LA
Posts: 1,653
NFL Playoffs I

Ok, we have:

Jan 15
N.Y. Jets at Pittsburgh

St. Louis at Atlanta


Sunday, Jan. 16
Minnesota at Philadelphia

Indianapolis at New England

Make your picks and let the brutality and barbarism begin!
__________________
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 18:40   #2
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere
 
Roguish Lawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Free Pineland (at last)
Posts: 8,845
Good poll. I was going to do the same one.
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 13:13   #3
Sdiver
Area Commander
 
Sdiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Black Hills of SD
Posts: 5,945
I gotta go with Minnesota and Pittsburgh in the Big Show.
__________________
Non Sibi Sed Suis
_____________________________________________
It's Good To Be Da King !!!! Just ask NDD !!!!
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 13:23   #4
bberkley
Guerrilla
 
bberkley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 158
I'll go with Pittsburgh and Indianapolis to win in the AFC games, and St. Louis and Philadelphia to win in the NFC.

Its not who I think will win in some cases, but who I want to see win.
__________________
13R2P Ft. Bragg, NC 1984-1988
bberkley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 13:27   #5
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere
 
Roguish Lawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Free Pineland (at last)
Posts: 8,845
I predict that Michael Vick will choke.

But if the Falcons can run the ball and score first, they have a chance. I just think the Rams playoff experience is going to show, even though I don't like the team generally speaking.
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 13:40   #6
bberkley
Guerrilla
 
bberkley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguish Lawyer
I predict that Michael Vick will choke.

But if the Falcons can run the ball and score first, they have a chance. I just think the Rams playoff experience is going to show, even though I don't like the team generally speaking.
I don't care that much for the Rams, I happen to just root for their QB Marc Bulger to do well, since he is a WVU grad (my Alma Mater), and a pretty decent kid. Vick, well he is a gifted but self-centered stud. I was hoping the Packers would make it, cause Brett Favre is just fun to watch play the game. My favorite team (Dolphins) aren't likely to be playing in the post season any time soon.
__________________
13R2P Ft. Bragg, NC 1984-1988
bberkley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 19:55   #7
Sigi
BANNED USER
 
Sigi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 368
Vikes vs. Colts in the Super Bowl


Manning has some hurdles to get over in the playoffs, sure. But he has the total package this year. As for the Vikings, they are my sleeper pick in the NFC.

Indy wins it all.



:: oh yeah - Pittsburgh Sucks!! !!!! ::
Sigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 09:38   #8
RAT
Auxiliary
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Houston
Posts: 90
You closed the Poll before my VOTE!!!!

Winners are going to be: Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Philadelphia, New England.

Pats win the show.

RAT OUT!!!
__________________
Lets have some fun in the sun and sand.
RAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 10:41   #9
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional
 
NousDefionsDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: LA
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi
Vikes vs. Colts in the Super Bowl


Manning has some hurdles to get over in the playoffs, sure. But he has the total package this year. As for the Vikings, they are my sleeper pick in the NFC.

Indy wins it all.



:: oh yeah - Pittsburgh Sucks!! !!!! ::

What league have you been watching all year?
__________________
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 11:01   #10
RAT
Auxiliary
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Houston
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc
What league have you been watching all year?
Well from Sigi's Avatar WE ALL KNOW that Football is NOT their course of study anymore...


RAT OUT!!
__________________
Lets have some fun in the sun and sand.
RAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 11:10   #11
Weazle23
Guerrilla
 
Weazle23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Southern Puget Sound
Posts: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi

:: oh yeah - Pittsburgh Sucks!! !!!! ::
nice try, but putting it in red does nothing to legitimize it. Accept it, Steelers will role their way to the trophy.
__________________
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.
--John Stewart Mill--
Weazle23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 11:19   #12
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional
 
NousDefionsDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: LA
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAT
You closed the Poll before my VOTE!!!!

Winners are going to be: Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Philadelphia, New England.

Pats win the show.

RAT OUT!!!
Sorry about that. That RL guy likes to come in and vote for the winners after the fact. Calls it, "Appeal process" or something.
__________________
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 13:51   #13
RAT
Auxiliary
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Houston
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc
Sorry about that. That RL guy likes to come in and vote for the winners after the fact. Calls it, "Appeal process" or something.
No prob... I'll just be on time next time.


RAT OUT!!!
__________________
Lets have some fun in the sun and sand.
RAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 07:46   #14
Sigi
BANNED USER
 
Sigi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc
What league have you been watching all year?
LOL. Well, considering I picked Notre Dame to beat USC, and Oklahoma to beat USC, I fugure I am going for the trifecta of loser picks here at ps.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat
Well from Sigi's Avatar WE ALL KNOW that Football is NOT their course of study anymore..
Ouch. I consider them Nat'l Champion contenders every year , but to be honest I would settle for a Bowl game victory. I do like Charlie Weis as head coach, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weazle23
nice try, but putting it in red does nothing to legitimize it. Accept it, Steelers will role their way to the trophy.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I am from Cleveland, and we are taught at a very young age to despise the Steelers. But I'll admit it here - I am a closet Steeler fan. That Offensive Line is brutal, and Jerome Bettis is a Golden Domer.

Colts over the Vikes,
That's my story and I am sticking to it.
Sigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 10:43   #15
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional
 
NousDefionsDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: LA
Posts: 1,653
Buddha smiled on the Steelers yesterday. I think that rokkie QB is hurt worse than they're letting on.

Atlanta's only problem is Michael Vick. It's a halfback pass everytime they throw, not a QB. If they get a QB like Brady, they could win the whole thing.
__________________
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 14:42.



Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®
Site Designed, Maintained, & Hosted by Hilliker Technologies