Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 12-16-2014, 22:42   #1
35NCO
Guerrilla

Canada "Kid" Militia school project

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V02PVMaaJfY#t=3667

One hell of a school project. Wow.

The range drills start around 49 minutes.

I see some real value here and I think the thinking is in the right place.

...Maybe I should have titled it "A different kind of school indoctrination program" or "A liberals worst nightmare"....or "Patriotism and service, the forgotten cause."

Last edited by 35NCO; 12-16-2014 at 22:49.
35NCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 08:18   #2
BryanK
Guerrilla Chief

Thumbs up

'Merica!

Oh wait...

"Too many men work on parts of things. Doing a job to completion, satisfies me."- Richard Proenneke
BryanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 08:26   #3
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Long vid..

The topic of child warriors is not well received in most stable economies, but there is a place for being prepared.. This is over the negative threshold and would turn 85% of the population off,, BIG TIME.

Having said the negative,,, The Kids did a good job..

Side-bar,, it's in Canada,, Guess their repressive gun law's have some flexibility??

Now, if they would only listen to Al Gore and warm the upper 49th up a bit,, I'd visit..

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 10:11   #4
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Wow, this sure makes me happy, there's hope for Canada!
Old 12-17-2014, 14:51   #5
mugwump
Area Commander

Sorry, count me among the 85%. Frickin' bizarre.

“Klaatu barada nikto”
mugwump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 02:33   #6
Penn
Area Commander

Training with a lot of very good gear, it would seem no expense was spared; never the less, a bit strange for family engagement. I wonder if Dad was once a solider?
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 08:57   #7
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugwump View Post
Sorry, count me among the 85%. Frickin' bizarre.
You live in the "Peoples Republic of Illinois" we expect that sort of opinion from the "Oppressed".

Here in "Free Arizona" that's just an everyday occurrence.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:19   #8
Barbarian
Guerrilla Chief

I liked it. So long as kids show proper respect, responsibility, and capability, it seems like a very good practice, to me.

I'd just bet that somebody on this forum has 14 kids that could embarrass the 101st.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:04   #9
mugwump
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
You live in the "Peoples Republic of Illinois" we expect that sort of opinion from the "Oppressed".

Here in "Free Arizona" that's just an everyday occurrence.
My kids are fully capable of taking care of themselves, thank you very much. This level of training in kids that age smacks of Honey Boo Boo "stage daddy." Parents who obsessively push dance classes, beauty contests, or Tier 1 training on their kids are whacko in my book. Specialization is for insects.

“Klaatu barada nikto”
Old 12-18-2014, 12:23   #10
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
My kids are fully capable of taking care of themselves, thank you very much. This level of training in kids that age smacks of Honey Boo Boo "stage daddy." Parents who obsessively push dance classes, beauty contests, or Tier 1 training on their kids are whacko in my book. Specialization is for insects.

So if they made them great fishermen, readers, mathematicians etc you'd have a problem with that too?

"Specialization is for insects." (Thank you Robert Heinlein)

LOL, I'll make sure to tell that to the next nuclear physicist/ neurosurgeon I meet.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:29   #11
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

Quote:
Specialization is for insects.
I've got 3 legs, not 6.
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 21:42   #12
35NCO
Guerrilla

Quote:
.... Frickin' bizarre.
Well, it's only "bizarre" because in modern western society it is no longer common to see such a thing. In the revolutionary war, the civil war, WWI and WWII there were some very young soldiers/sailor/marines/airmen ext. Its old thinking. In the earliest of times it was of necessity to serve, but in many cases there were kids that went out of their way to lie about their age to serve. From drummer boys to riflemen.

When I started the post my first edit was "good or bad?". Then I quickly changed my mind. It is good. Its good because it's a group of kids that understand patriotism and the basis-loyalty, duty, respect, selfless service and honor. Very importantly they strongly want to be something in life. A true sense of purpose, with the courage to speak out about it. They are apparently willing to work hard to get there as well. (The training they are doing is with local LEO's and Military Reserves Cadet training.)

As for the parents, obviously they are involved. Looking at how the kids are turning out and the way they articulate their ideas, I would say that what you are looking at are examples of excellent teachers. Something else very powerful that the video portrays in the ending message.

This is not fake or staged, it is what freedom is suppose to look like for old and youth, but has now become by all modern societal normalcy "bizarre".

Change the norm, be a good teacher.
35NCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 03:17   #13
mugwump
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
[/B][/COLOR]

So if they made them great fishermen, readers, mathematicians etc you'd have a problem with that too?
Yep, I would. Fourteen year olds solo sailing around the world, 12 yo girls with breaching/assaulting skills, ten year-olds on three traveling baseball teams with personal coaches...it all seems like obsessive parenting to me. But whatever floats your boat. It's better than doing drugs.

And the insect thing...I meant kids. Many of us specialize later in life. Maybe these militia kids really do have time to build a tree fort, play soccer, go camping, learn an instrument. Hope so.

“Klaatu barada nikto”
Old 12-19-2014, 08:28   #14
FourteenSierra
Asset

That's just good stuff right there. The vibe from the kids betrays a well-rounded education; not just the shoot-em stuff. The mags being pinned at 5 rounds? Ugh. Just awful. I would love to see the good people of Canada work hard to change their laws to promote greater freedom. Of course, on second thought...will help them practice reload drills frequently. The video explains their access to other things (hockey and whatnot).

Truth-in-lending - my daughter started shooting at age 10, and still does from time to time in the warmer months; My son didn't express much interest after plinking in the back yard.
"It is not the business of government to make men virtuous or religious, or to preserve the fool from the consequences of his own folly. Government should be repressive no further than is necessary to secure liberty by protecting the equal rights of each from aggression on the part of others, and the moment governmental prohibitions extend beyond this line they are in danger of defeating the very ends they are intended to serve."
FourteenSierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 08:56   #15
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35NCO View Post
Well, it's only "bizarre" because in modern western society it is no longer common to see such a thing. In the revolutionary war, the civil war, WWI and WWII there were some very young soldiers/sailor/marines/airmen ext. Its old thinking. In the earliest of times it was of necessity to serve, but in many cases there were kids that went out of their way to lie about their age to serve. From drummer boys to riflemen.

When I started the post my first edit was "good or bad?". Then I quickly changed my mind. It is good. Its good because it's a group of kids that understand patriotism and the basis-loyalty, duty, respect, selfless service and honor. Very importantly they strongly want to be something in life. A true sense of purpose, with the courage to speak out about it. They are apparently willing to work hard to get there as well. (The training they are doing is with local LEO's and Military Reserves Cadet training.)

As for the parents, obviously they are involved. Looking at how the kids are turning out and the way they articulate their ideas, I would say that what you are looking at are examples of excellent teachers. Something else very powerful that the video portrays in the ending message.

This is not fake or staged, it is what freedom is suppose to look like for old and youth, but has now become by all modern societal normalcy "bizarre".

Change the norm, be a good teacher.
Do not forget SPARTA. They started young and were not looked at as bizarre.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote