Old 02-08-2004, 20:12   #1
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Lol

I LOVE this site! I've got Professional Soldiers.com open in two windows and Google in another. Carrying on discussions about root causes of 9/11, Hemingway and trade and commerce all at the same time.

And not one time has an unruly child or college boy interrupted or somebody been insulting to another member.

(BTW, I'm winning in all three discussions - LOL)
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 20:13   #2
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

I'm envious of your ability to live in your own little world.

(Hemingway? Where?)
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 20:17   #3
Gypsy
Area Commander

Re: Lol

Quote:
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc

(BTW, I'm winning in all three discussions - LOL)
Doesn't that go a little something like..."I'm right, you're wrong..."?

Hmmm sorry I had to edit out your smilie so I could insert one of my own. LOL
Old 02-08-2004, 20:17   #4
AngelsSix
Area Commander

You go Doc!!! Hey, what's your take on Haiti?????

We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men - Boondock Saints

Iraq was never lost and Afghanistan was never quite the easy good war. Those in the media too often pile on and follow the polls rather than offer independent analysis. Campaign rhetoric and politics are one thing - the responsibility of governance is quite another.
- Victor Davis Hanson
AngelsSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 20:19   #5
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Something really should be done about the one smilie limit. Is it needed for bandwidth issues or something? I suggested this before but got no response. Not that I'll die without it, but I like smilies almost as much as I like polls.
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 20:22   #6
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Team Sergeant isn't a "smiley" kind of guy. He's right and you're wrong.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 02-08-2004, 20:27   #7
lrd
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally posted by Roguish Lawyer
Something really should be done about the one smilie limit. Is it needed for bandwidth issues or something? I suggested this before but got no response. Not that I'll die without it, but I like smilies almost as much as I like polls.
Think of it as a character-building exercise.
lrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 20:30   #8
AngelsSix
Area Commander

You aren't ignoring me are you Doc???? I know I am short, but give a chick a break!!!
What about Haiti?? Tell me what you know.....please!!

We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men - Boondock Saints

Iraq was never lost and Afghanistan was never quite the easy good war. Those in the media too often pile on and follow the polls rather than offer independent analysis. Campaign rhetoric and politics are one thing - the responsibility of governance is quite another.
- Victor Davis Hanson
Old 02-08-2004, 20:32   #9
Sacamuelas
JAWBREAKER

I like the limit.
It is more professional and tidy. Although I do use the smiles to identify my intent when being funny or sarcastic. I am glad we can use one(1) when needed.
Old 02-08-2004, 20:35   #10
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

No, I'm not ignoring you. I don't know that much about Haiti, not really my AO. I know they've had problems since the beginning of time. I think we should probably get out of there and let the phrench deal with it. They pose no threat to us that I can see, so other than humanitarian reasons, I don't know why we should be there.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 02-08-2004, 20:36   #11
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by Sacamuelas
I like the limit.
It is more professional and tidy. Although I do use the smiles to identify my intent when being funny or sarcastic. I am glad we can use one(1) when needed.
Agreed. same same with picture size.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 02-09-2004, 06:27   #12
AngelsSix
Area Commander

Thank you sir!!

I agree....I usually use a hosting site to help avoid using too much bandwith up. I believe it may help to find a picture reduction tool to build into the site so that pics are automatically reduced. Is that what you mean??

- Victor Davis Hanson