BryanK
Guerrilla Chief

7th SFG(A) Fundraiser

I saw this today and thought I'd put it out there:

Shooting with SOF link

Local newspaper link

From the article:

Quote:
BAKER — Ever wondered what it would be like to fire an Uzi or an AK-47?

Next week, Northwest Florida residents will get their chance.

Soldiers from the 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) will be bringing out the big guns April 26 for a Shooting with Special Operations Forces fundraising event, the first in the Panhandle.
I'm not sure if you can still sign up, but it looks like fun for those who live in that neck of the woods.

"Too many men work on parts of things. Doing a job to completion, satisfies me."- Richard Proenneke
BryanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 15:43   #2
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

Automatic Weapons Firing on U S ARMY BASE???

After the tragic incident at FT.HOOD what are the chances of this event taking place with civilian personnel (With out any weapons training).? TK

Last edited by tom kelly; 04-09-2014 at 15:48.
tom kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 16:03   #3
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom kelly View Post
After the tragic incident at FT.HOOD what are the chances of this event taking place with civilian personnel (With out any weapons training).? TK
Happens all the time; lots of well established safeguards/approval protocols. That said, this appears to be an off-base event - which leads to a completely new set of questions. I'm sure the guys at work will get it all figured out - IF 7th processes the paperwork to us in a timely manner (HIGHLY DOUBTFUL!).

Gotta love my Red Empire brothers and the "Family Business"!
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 16:22   #4
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrino View Post
Happens all the time; lots of well established safeguards/approval protocols. That said, this appears to be an off-base event - which leads to a completely new set of questions. I'm sure the guys at work will get it all figured out - IF 7th processes the paperwork to us in a timely manner (HIGHLY DOUBTFUL!).

Gotta love my Red Empire brothers and the "Family Business"!
Boy you are sounding like quite the Staff Bureaucrat

Help the brothers out
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 16:58   #5
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_BHT View Post
Boy you are sounding like quite the Staff Bureaucrat

Help the brothers out
We have met the enemy, and he is us!

Sadly, I do know where you're coming from. We really do bend over backwards for them. In spite of appearances. One of the things I promised myself when I first got my current job is that G3T would be more than just another speed bump in the endless blame game. We do everything we're allowed to; unfortunately, we can't read minds and we won't endanger the Regiment. Sometimes that means lots of phone calls down (vice emails that become evidence) to get it right and expensive blue chips up to grease the skids.

This event sounds like a good time and an excellent opportunity for 7th to continue with its active campaign to integrate into the N. Florida/Redneck Riviera community. I hope it goes well.
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 17:34   #6
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrino View Post
We have met the enemy, and he is us!

Sadly, I do know where you're coming from. We really do bend over backwards for them. In spite of appearances. One of the things I promised myself when I first got my current job is that G3T would be more than just another speed bump in the endless blame game. We do everything we're allowed to; unfortunately, we can't read minds and we won't endanger the Regiment. Sometimes that means lots of phone calls down (vice emails that become evidence) to get it right and expensive blue chips up to grease the skids.

This event sounds like a good time and an excellent opportunity for 7th to continue with its active campaign to integrate into the N. Florida/Redneck Riviera community. I hope it goes well.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote