Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Base Camp

Old 03-01-2013, 17:08   #1
Archbury
Asset

Looking for info on the "Fading photographs..." author

Hello,

Sometime ago I got to read Fading Photographs from my Mind's Own Album by Mike McCombs (published online on the Namvet newsletter number 99) and was higly impressed by it as it was quite anhonest portrait of his experience on the SEA at that time.

Anyway, I came across this site when conducting research on Fading Photographs and McCombs for my wife's bachelor's degree project. Being herself the daughter of a soldier of the Spanish Civil War who never told and took his burdens and demons to the grave, she became interested on this memories the very moment I told her about them. Her idea is working on a spanish version of Fading Photographs (as a college project, not a commercial work) and that requieres finding and contacting the author and editor so they grant permission.

We know that McCombs died in '97 and so far we have not found any trace of a Michael D. McCombs or a Fading Photographs book either on the Internet or in the Library of the Congress of the US, nor have we found an electronic address to contact the editor of the Namvet newsletter, but eventually google led us to this site and this thread.

There we found that some of the people posting here may have information on this subject. If somebody can provide us any lead or clue on how to contact his family and/or the editor of the namvet newsletter (G. Joseph Peck) via e-mail it will be much appreciated.

kind regards,
Archbury is offline   Reply With Quote