Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Technical FAQ Forum > KnuckleDragger Questions

Old 10-20-2004, 20:19   #1
Pandora
Hornet Nest Poker

Web Master Guru Assist Requested

Non-geeks, please ignore and forgive me for not posting about a firearm or finely-honed sharpie... desperation has set in and I know there are some uber-geek-gurus here who might be able to assist! And unlike FS - for a femme, I can cuss pretty well when I feel the need - and I do now.

Does anyone know of a good freeware/shareware utility for creating a hierarchal navigation map based on an asp web application? (frustration abounds as I can usually find this kind of thing pretty quicky, but I am coming up empty... which is not usual or comfortable)

I have an .asp based web app installed on my local server and access it via a windows authenticated integrated virtual directory. File structure for the asp pages w/b:
c:\web_app_install_dir\docs

Virtual web properties point to the application install dir (c:\web_app_install_dir)then to a .cfg in the application install directory (i.e. c:\web_app_install_dir\file.cfg)

I really need to create a comprehensive navigation of the hierarchal menu structure of the .asp pages for testing/validation, but I can't seem to spider this internally via wwwroot. Front page doesn't do it when I open the c:\web_app_install_dir\docs\default.asp file.

I could search each .asp for <a href...> tags, but that still wouldn't give me a hiearchal menu/navigation structure.

Even a pointer to the right google search to find a utility would be very much appreciated. What am I missing - should I be aiming at a frame vs. the default.asp (which seems to be a redirect anyway).

Please PM if you have utilities or advice. (and I sure hope RL mixes me a fuschia, electric/eclectic something-or-other with many ounces in the mean time.)
Old 10-20-2004, 20:45   #2
Bill Harsey
Bladesmith to the Quiet Professionals

Pandora, First-I'm proud of your ability to use "knifemaking words". Second, since I'm already probably in deep doo-doo with Ms. FS for posts she hasn't seen yet, I'll continue right down the same pipeline and will say this is a good question for her. Best of luck! Bill
Bill Harsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 01:00   #3
hoepoe
Guerrilla

Hi

Sorry i can't help; If you ever migrate to an apache based site, or Linux, aapache, PHP and MySQL, i'll be glad to help.

I just no zero about asp..

Hoepoe
hoepoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 05:57   #4
Pandora
Hornet Nest Poker

I miss Linux. *sniff*

Well I resorted to mailing one of the developers and they don't have a schema for this, nor do they know of an easy way to create one, so it looks as if I will have to create it manually.

Thanks for the input here and in PM's.
Old 10-21-2004, 06:19   #5
Kyobanim

PM coming your way

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."
Optimus Prime
Kyobanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 08:58   #6
Kyobanim

Visio is to computers what channel locks are to a plumber. You can do lots of things with it. I've been playing with it since the last PM to Pandora. Some very cool stuff in it.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."
Optimus Prime
Kyobanim is offline   Reply With Quote