Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Gourmet Guerrilla

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2004, 19:22   #1
echoes
Area Commander
 
echoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: OK. Thanking Our Brave Soldiers
Posts: 3,614
SF "date" recipie?

Greetings Brave Soldiers!

I was curious if there was a favorite SF "date" recipie?
Since everything that You all do is over-the-top,
I was curious what a good meal would be to prepare for The SF Man?

Holly
echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 21:33   #2
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional
 
NousDefionsDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: LA
Posts: 1,653
"Date recipe"?

The Magic Hat
Khakis with big yellow stripes (preferably E-7 or above)
Bloused jump boots
The Team Sergeant glare or the scary look (mild amusement at a pending disaster down the block no one else can see.)
__________________
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 11:50   #3
Galadriel
Asset
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LA
Posts: 20
I thought you were going to say SPAM

cooked in an empty paint can over an open fire.
__________________
"We shall not cease from exploration
and the end of all our exploring
will be to arrive where we started...
and know the place for the first time."
-T. S. Eliot

Last edited by Galadriel; 10-19-2004 at 12:10.
Galadriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 13:32   #4
Achilles
SF Candidate
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: ATX
Posts: 211
http://www.soupsandwich.net/chezranger.html

There's a good Ranger recipe.
__________________
"If you would win a man to your cause, first convince him that you are his sincere friend."
-Abraham Lincoln
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 18:29   #5
Gypsy
Area Commander
 
Gypsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Midwest
Posts: 7,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc
"Date recipe"?

The Magic Hat
Khakis with big yellow stripes (preferably E-7 or above)
Bloused jump boots
The Team Sergeant glare or the scary look (mild amusement at a pending disaster down the block no one else can see.)
That is a full course meal right there.
__________________
My Heroes wear camouflage.
Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 18:41   #6
alphamale
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Ms. Holly,

The more important question to consider is: which weapons to bring.


FrontSight
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 18:43   #7
echoes
Area Commander
 
echoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: OK. Thanking Our Brave Soldiers
Posts: 3,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc
"Date recipe"?

The Magic Hat
Khakis with big yellow stripes (preferably E-7 or above)
Bloused jump boots
The Team Sergeant glare or the scary look (mild amusement at a pending disaster down the block no one else can see.)
Ummmm, well I cannot decode b/c I am not highspeed.

Anyway, Frontsight, just bring the biggest one you have. That will suffice for dinner?!


Holly
echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 18:57   #8
alphamale
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes
Ummmm, well I cannot decode b/c I am not highspeed.
Ms. Holly!! You don't admit that !!!!

Must I teach you the ::intimidating girl spit:: ::tuh:: thing as well!!

( Turn your head sideways a smidge and say, ::tuh:: )



Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes
Anyway, Frontsight, just bring the biggest one you have. That will suffice for dinner?!
Hmm... that would be this one: http://www.badlandsforums.com/fs/cop...album=34&pos=8

I thought about selling that at one point and brought it to a gun store. Within minutes all the cute guys in the gun store were nearby. Since then, I call it my Stud Magnet gun.

But no, that's against the rules. YOU have to know the weapon.

I can see I need to establish a loaner program

FrontSight
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 19:14   #9
echoes
Area Commander
 
echoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: OK. Thanking Our Brave Soldiers
Posts: 3,614
[QUOTE=FrontSight]Ms. Holly!! You don't admit that !!!!

Must I teach you the ::intimidating girl spit:: ::tuh:: thing as well!!

( Turn your head sideways a smidge and say, ::tuh:: )

Greetings Sir, well, I guess I can be taught something today?!
In any case, I only smile when I want to,
and SF indeed makes a woman smile...

Holly

Last edited by echoes; 10-19-2004 at 19:20.
echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 21:15   #10
24601
Asset
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Wasilla, AK
Posts: 55
[QUOTE=echoes]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontSight
Ms. Holly!! You don't admit that !!!!

Must I teach you the ::intimidating girl spit:: ::tuh:: thing as well!!

( Turn your head sideways a smidge and say, ::tuh:: )

Greetings Sir, well, I guess I can be taught something today?!
In any case, I only smile when I want to,
and SF indeed makes a woman smile...

Holly

I take it you don't know Frontsite is female?

What does the lever in the pic do? I can't quite tell from that angle. I'm guessing part of the safty, but my HK is a lever one. USP .45 Compact. HK's are the best accoessory (or wedding present ).

NDD, I didn't know the khakis were still worn.
24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 22:25   #11
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional
 
NousDefionsDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: LA
Posts: 1,653
Khakis are no longer an issue item, more's the pity.
__________________
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 03:11   #12
echoes
Area Commander
 
echoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: OK. Thanking Our Brave Soldiers
Posts: 3,614
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24601
I take it you don't know Frontsite is female?

What does the lever in the pic do? I can't quite tell from that angle. I'm guessing part of the safty, but my HK is a lever one. USP .45 Compact. HK's are the best accoessory (or wedding present ).

NDD, I didn't know the khakis were still worn.
Ah-Ha. Makes more sense now...Oh well, am blonde, will travel!
NDD: Khakis are quite attractive on the correct male figure? (if you get a laugh out of that, then it was worth it!)

Seriously, I was hoping someone would open up a tad,
and tell their perfect "SF Date?"

Holly
echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 10:25   #13
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere
 
Roguish Lawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Free Pineland (at last)
Posts: 8,845
I'm sure it is something very romantic.
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 10:52   #14
Bill Harsey
Bladesmith to the Quiet Professionals
 
Bill Harsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oregon, Land of the Silver Grey Sunsets
Posts: 3,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes

Seriously, I was hoping someone would open up a tad,
and tell their perfect "SF Date?"

Holly
Based on limited observation, here it is: "Want more beer?"
Bill Harsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 10:54   #15
alphamale
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Holly I'm sure that RL is leveling with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24601
I take it you don't know Frontsite is female?
It's ok, I didn't realize that either till I just went to the bathroom and screamed.

24601 you gotta quit outing me like this!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by 24601
What does the lever in the pic do?
That lever is for silently de-cocking the HKP7.

FrontSight
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 00:34.



Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®
Site Designed, Maintained, & Hosted by Hilliker Technologies