Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces Weapons > Edged Weapons

Old 08-07-2012, 23:16   #1
ErwinD
Asset

Thanks again Mr. Harsey

Just wanted to say thanks again for letting my family and I drop in unannounced at the homestead. The wife and daughter said to tell you they really enjoyed your hospitality, the chickens and the Oregon history. Please be sure to post picts of the new shop when she's finished. Next time I will bring the beer

Best regards,

Dan Erwin
ErwinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 13:07   #2
swatsurgeon
Guerrilla Chief

Mr. Harsey
Any updates on the shop rebuild?
'Revel in action, translate perceptions into instant judgements, and these into actions that are irrevocable, monumentous and dreadful - all this with lightning speed, in conditions of great stress and in an environment of high tension:what is expected of "us" is the impossible, yet we deliver just that.
(adapted from: Sherwin B. Nuland, MD, surgeon and author: The Wisdom of the Body, 1997 )

Education is the anti-ignorance we all need to better treat our patients. ss, 2008.

The blade is so sharp that the incision is perfect. They don't realize they've been cut until they're out of the fight: A Surgeon Warrior. I use a knife to defend life and to save it. ss (aka traumadoc)
swatsurgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 13:43   #3
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

He's got pics up on Facebook.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:55   #4
swatsurgeon
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush Master View Post
He's got pics up on Facebook.
Bill uses Facebook???!!!
'Revel in action, translate perceptions into instant judgements, and these into actions that are irrevocable, monumentous and dreadful - all this with lightning speed, in conditions of great stress and in an environment of high tension:what is expected of "us" is the impossible, yet we deliver just that.
(adapted from: Sherwin B. Nuland, MD, surgeon and author: The Wisdom of the Body, 1997 )

Education is the anti-ignorance we all need to better treat our patients. ss, 2008.

The blade is so sharp that the incision is perfect. They don't realize they've been cut until they're out of the fight: A Surgeon Warrior. I use a knife to defend life and to save it. ss (aka traumadoc)
Old 08-11-2012, 13:34   #5
orion5
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by swatsurgeon View Post
Bill uses Facebook???!!!
Oh yes, he is quite sophisticated with compooters. Once he even took a desktop apart all the way down to the motherboard, and well, the details are a bit fuzzy, but something about a pickax and welding torch, and he was back in business in no time!

Seriously, though, I hear he's using real craftsmen, who take pride in their work and do things right, to build up his shop. Which means it's taking a little longer. Not the builder-grade crap we 'enjoy' here in Texas.
orion5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:49   #6
x SF med
Quiet Professional

and he had time to put on a tux and join us at a wedding on 8/4.... I had no idea he could be "formalized". He said the shop was well underway with only a couple of deer prints in the concrete.

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:58   #7
swatsurgeon
Guerrilla Chief

Hopelly there will be enough room for the sign Bill ( eat, drink and grind, all are welcome)

ss

Old 08-13-2012, 10:18   #8
x SF med
Quiet Professional

He lost the door header with the inscription; "The Chapel of Our Lady of the Edged Weapons". Yes there is a story there, yes it involves beer and shotguns, no, most of you are not cleared for the story.

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote