Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2004, 15:59   #1
Airbornelawyer
Moderator
 
Airbornelawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,954
I owe the President an apology

This morning, as I am getting ready for work, I catch a snippet on the news about the President announcing today that he would be submitting a plan to Congress to strengthen the intelligence system, based on the 9-11 Commission and Senate Intelligence investigation recommendations. Cynic that I am, my first thought was, "politics". Just like Kerry at the Democratic convention endorsing the reports without even bothering to read them.

After all, Bush is the President. Why simply wait to election season to announce legislation that might eventually lead to some reforms? Why not simply make the changes by Executive Order and let the legislation follow?

So I am at the White House web site a few minutes ago, and what do I notice:

Sorry, Mr. President.
Airbornelawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 00:26.



Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®
Site Designed, Maintained, & Hosted by Hilliker Technologies