Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > National Guard SF Groups > 19th Group

Old 01-31-2011, 15:23   #1
rtune02
SF Candidate

NG Interest

Hello Sirs & Sergeants

First off I would like to thank the creators and administrators of this site. I've been considering this move for a year and 90% of my questions could be answered by this site before I was even a member. It really is a wealth of information. Thank You.

Now that my nose is brown...

After a long discussion with my wife about entering the SF(side note 1st child due in a month) my plan to 18x into active duty was mutually agreed to not be the best idea. I then began to research the 19th group here in ohio, and that idea actually got approved. I have spoken with a regular army recruiter about the x-ray cirriculum and am pretty well versed in it, and from what i've read on this site and elsewhere a REP 63 is the same. That being said I do still have questions dealing with the NG side of things. I haven't yet spoken with a NG recruiter but am being put in touch with a reliable one through an SF acquaintance. But I thought I would ask on here in the mean time.

1)My understanding was that x-ray training is fluid for the most part with short gaps between some phases. My question is does he REP 63 do the same?

2)Do I stay active duty between phases or am I sent home to wait?

3)Does anyone have information about the Home Buyer tax credit v. the military? If we need to move when I sign up do we still have to pay back the 8k? With the first on the way, if I need to go away for a while i'd like my wife to be closer to family.

Any other advice/info is welcome... thank you gentlemen.
rtune02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 15:39   #2
Dozer523
BANNED USER

Why not get your wife talking to a JAG recruiter while your talking?
Dozer523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 18:34   #3
rtune02
SF Candidate

She looked into army and navy both but neither oppurtunity interested her.
rtune02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 19:34   #4
wet dog

I would suggest,...just go.

But nonetheless, godd luck with all that.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:45   #5
kollkash
Asset

Firt-Time Homebuyer Credit

Quote:
3)Does anyone have information about the Home Buyer tax credit v. the military? If we need to move when I sign up do we still have to pay back the 8k? With the first on the way, if I need to go away for a while i'd like my wife to be closer to family.
Referencing above-Check out the IRS website:
http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/...215594,00.html

* In many cases, the credit repayment (recapture) requirement is waived for members of the uniformed services, members of the Foreign Service and employees of the intelligence community. This relief applies where a home is sold or stops being the taxpayer’s principal residence after Dec. 31, 2008, in connection with government orders received by the individual (or the individual’s spouse) for qualified official extended duty service. The credit is still allowable even if this happens during the year of purchase. Qualified official extended duty is any period of extended duty while serving at a place of duty at least 50 miles away from the taxpayer’s principal residence (whether inside or outside the U.S.) or while residing under government orders in government quarters. Extended duty is defined as any period of duty pursuant to a call or order to such duty for a period in excess of 90 days or for an indefinite period.

Hope this helps.
kollkash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:18   #6
neecheepure
Quiet Professional

Question 2

rtune,
my Q course knowledge is a little dated (5 years) but the NG guys stayed at Bragg on Active Duty while I was going thru. There were not really that many extended breaks between training phases, although that is always a possibility.
Good luck!
Old 02-09-2011, 22:19   #7
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

Once selected you will report to Ft Bragg for the SFQC and will remain there until you either graduate or are dropped from the course. There are no breaks.

Crip

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote