Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 12-03-2010, 02:42   #1
MK262
Auxiliary

Sale on Danner boots, 50% off with Free Shipping

I apologize in advance if this post is placed in the wrong forum; I wasn't sure what forum to put this in. I picked General Discussion because I figured it probably gets the most traffic, and I didn't want anyone to miss out on this deal that would have otherwise benefitted from it.

Danner is having a 50% off sale, with free shipping, on Decemeber 4th only.

Click on the link for info.

http://us1.campaign-archive.com/?u=4...=fabe49c7d2&e=

Seems like it could make for buying some good Christmas presents.
Old 12-03-2010, 20:03   #2
BigJimCalhoun
Guerrilla

Hmm

I like these
http://www.danner.com/boots/desert-t...-boot-tfx.html
BigJimCalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 20:48   #3
Masochist
Guerrilla Chief

I've actually never worn anything Danner, although this is as good an excuse as any to break that trend. Thanks for the heads up.

Anyone ever try their socks?

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Robert A. Heinlein, The Notebooks of Lazarus Long
Masochist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 22:42   #4
mangler
Auxiliary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masochist View Post
I've actually never worn anything Danner, although this is as good an excuse as any to break that trend. Thanks for the heads up.

Anyone ever try their socks?

I've got quite a few pairs of their wool socks. Well made, fit well, I have a few pairs that are probably three years old and still going strong. If your looking at the boots and you have wide feet I would suggest ordering a width wider than normal. Their boots seem to run on the narrow side.
mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 23:27   #5
Masochist
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangler View Post
I've got quite a few pairs of their wool socks. Well made, fit well, I have a few pairs that are probably three years old and still going strong. If your looking at the boots and you have wide feet I would suggest ordering a width wider than normal. Their boots seem to run on the narrow side.
Do they hold up well while hiking? Seams don't rub?

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Robert A. Heinlein, The Notebooks of Lazarus Long
Old 12-04-2010, 07:53   #6
Buffalobob
Quiet Professional

I was wearing a pair of Pronghorns with 1200 g of insulation yesterday. Not my favorite boot until the ground get frozen. Not a great stalking boot but is used mostly when I will be setting up and waiting for a long time to get a long range shot.

If I am going to be active and moving around and it will be cold then I wear Meindls which fit my feet really well.

SFA M-9545
Buffalobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:42   #7
rubberneck
Area Commander

Thanks for the heads up. I just bought myself a pair of the Instigator GTX 200G's. They'll be my first pair of Danner's and I am looking forward to seeing if they quality lives up to the hype. At $96 you can't really go too wrong.
rubberneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:55   #8
dadof18x'er
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberneck View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I just bought myself a pair of the Instigator GTX 200G's. They'll be my first pair of Danner's and I am looking forward to seeing if they quality lives up to the hype. At $96 you can't really go too wrong.
When you made your purchase did their cart show the half price? I'm trying to make a buy but after putting in the promo code "goodfriend" it's showing the full price

edit- there must be a million people hitting that site today, took about an hour but I got an order in.
Isaiah 2:17

The arrogance of man will be brought low
and the pride of men humbled;
the LORD alone will be exalted in that day,

Last edited by dadof18x'er; 12-04-2010 at 12:25.
dadof18x'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:45   #9
Angry Mike
Quiet Professional

Pretty good boots

I have had Danners off and on for 20 years.

If you have even a slightly wide foot, you better buy the wides.

For the guy who asked about seams and such, I have never had a problem. My feet are a little weak from years of abuse in the Ranger winter boot, summer boot, scuba boot, MFF boot and every other use (aka) green jungle boot, so take it with a grain of salt.

I will try out their socks though.

MT
Angry Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:30   #10
BigJimCalhoun
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadof18x'er View Post
When you made your purchase did their cart show the half price? I'm trying to make a buy but after putting in the promo code "goodfriend" it's showing the full price

edit- there must be a million people hitting that site today, took about an hour but I got an order in.
Did you put it in all CAPITALS?

Sometimes the tech guys do a straight string compare instead of upper or lower-casing the strings. I was successful with GOODFRIEND.
BigJimCalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 13:16   #11
dadof18x'er
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimCalhoun View Post
Did you put it in all CAPITALS?

Sometimes the tech guys do a straight string compare instead of upper or lower-casing the strings. I was successful with GOODFRIEND.
D

no I did lower case, I think the site is really busy. How long did it take for you to get an order in?
Isaiah 2:17

The arrogance of man will be brought low
and the pride of men humbled;
the LORD alone will be exalted in that day,
dadof18x'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 13:29   #12
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

I've been working on an order for 45 minutes. Almost done. I also used all caps. No problems, just slow.

ETA: Posted this while the order was loading, hit submit, went back to Danner and it was completed.
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 17:07   #13
Masochist
Guerrilla Chief

Looks like the site has been having issues all afternoon. It's slow loading, and I've been having issues (in multiple browsers) with adding boots to the cart. Seems the word got out to a few people.

Old 12-04-2010, 19:50   #14
DJ Urbanovsky
Guerrilla Chief

Can't get into it at all right now either.
DJ Urbanovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 20:16   #15
Masochist
Guerrilla Chief

Call the second number on their Contact Us page (503-251-1100). The first (877-4DANNER) has been busy all day, while the second you should get through in about a half an hour.

I had to place my order over the phone. The customer service rep said they had no clue the sale would be this popular and it's overloaded their servers. She was more than happy to honor the discount, even though it was originally supposed to be "online only."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Danner - Broke the Internet.jpg (45.6 KB, 37 views)