Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > And Some Gave All.... > TAPS

Old 10-16-2010, 02:30   #1
highspeedmdd
Quiet Professional

Location: Fort Sam Houston, US Army North, Security Assistance Management...I think...I get the feeling they aren't telling me everything yet.
Funeral service for Lieutenant Colonel Ronald Cleve Ward

All,

Received an e-mail about LTC Ward's passing. Not sure what happened. He was a young guy, only 53. See the link below for info. If anyone plans to attend and needs some local support, please let me know. I will help or find someone who can.

http://www.leavenworthtimes.com/obit...el-Ronald-Ward
Old 10-16-2010, 05:50   #2
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
RIP Col Ward, Vaya con Dios..

Quote:

Lieutenant Colonel Ronald Ward, 53, Leavenworth

Funeral service for Lieutenant Colonel Ronald Cleve Ward will be held Sunday, October 17, 2010, 3:00 p.m. at the Pioneer Chapel, 500 Pope Avenue, Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas. Ron Ward died October 8, in an accident flying his Challenger light sport aircraft.

Joseph Cleve & Thora Louise (Driggers) Ward’s son Ron was born July 5, 1957 in Tampa, Florida.

LTC Ward served his country for 31 years in the U.S. Army, first in the Infantry and later in Special Forces. He earned an AA degree in Criminal Justice, a BS in Liberal Arts and a Master of Arts in Military Studies with emphasis in Unconventional Warfare/Special Operations and Low Intensity Conflict. Other military training included: Command and General Staff College, Contemporary Insurgent Warfighters Course, DoD Hostage Survival Course, Joint Military Attache’ School, Defense Institute for Security Assistance Management, Combined Arms and Services Staff School, Special Operations Staff Officer, Special Forces Qualification Course, Infantry Officer Basic and Advanced course, Military Freefall Parachutist, Special Forces Combat Dive and Combat Dive Supervisor, Airborne Basic and Advanced School, Pathfinder School, RANGER School and Infantry Mortar Platoon.

His commands included Infantry Platoon Leader, Special Forces Operational Detachment Commander in Panama, Infantry Company Commander, Special Forces Battalion Operations Officer in Japan, Special Operations Staff Officer, Assistant Army Attache in Mexico, Defense and Army Attache Commander in Suriname. He also was Senior ROTC Assistant Professor of Military Science, JROTC Military Science Department Head, Force Protection/Security Coordinator in Afghanistan, Staff Group Leader at the Combined Arms and Services Staff School and Special Operations Chief Curriculum/Course Designer and Instructor in Kuwait, Team Chief of a Brigade Border Transition Team in Iraq and was currently employed at Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas as Deputy Director with Combined Arms Center SOF Cell.

LTC Ward was a member of the American Military Retiree Association, AUSA, American Legion, AAFMA, VFW, NRA, MOAA, Command Parachute Team and Special Forces Association. Locally he was a member of the Northeast Kansas Beekeepers Association, Kansas Honey Producers Association, American Apitherapy and the Round Prairie Community Church where he served as an Elder and played the Whalebone bass in the church band. He had previously served on the Lansing Police Department as a Reserve.

Ron married Beth Rockrohr in Copperas Cove, Texas on March 22, 1980. They have three beautiful daughters: Melissa (Chaz) Brugh, Georgetown, KY, Lisa (Andrew) Woolridge, Easton, KS and Amy Ward (Fiancee Johnny Briggs) Colorado Springs, CO.

Ron and Beth own and operate Hillside Honey and are very active in local farmer’s markets.

Preceding him if his death are Ron’s parents, father-in-law and mother-in-law.
Besides his loving family, survivors include his sister, Sharon Ward, brother-in-laws, sister-in-laws, nieces and nephews.

In lieu of flowers memorial contributions may be made to Make-a-Wish Foundation or Mission Aviation Fellowship.

Arrangements provided by Davis Funeral Chapel in Leavenworth, KS.
If you would like to post condolences:

http://www.davisfuneralchapelinc.com/condolences.htm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RonaldWard.jpg (20.5 KB, 78 views)

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 06:53   #3
Tatonka316
Gold Star Father

Rest in Peace, Sir. Thank you for your years of service and sacrifice. You will ALWAYS be missed and NEVER forgotten!

molon labe
Tatonka316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:21   #4
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

He was my team leader when I first arrived in 3-7. RIP Sir, you will be remembered.
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:49   #5
f50lrrp
BANNED USER

It's probably just a coincidence that LTC Ward died in a light plane accident and my old CO Major Bob Lunday died in a hang glider accident.

Rest in peace LTC Ward!
f50lrrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:35   #6
akv
Area Commander

Rest in Peace, and Thank You
"Men Wanted: for Hazardous Journey. Small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in case of success.” -Sir Ernest Shackleton

“A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.” –Greek proverb
akv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:48   #7
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

God Bless,Rest in Peace Warrior.................

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 13:30   #8
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Rest in Peace

God Bless your family and friends

Blue Skies and Soft landings

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 15:00   #9
Red Flag 1
Area Commander

Rest In God's Peace LTC.
Red Flag 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 15:44   #10
sinjefe
Quiet Professional

LTC Ward

Ron and I worked together at the Directorate for Cultural Influence and Counterinsurgency. He was a really good officer and a friend. For those of you who don't know, he was Charlie Cleveland's Brother-in-law. He will be sorely missed.

Chet
Old 10-16-2010, 21:18   #11
gundog
Quiet Professional

Lost another one

Rest In Peace Sir. May God grant that your family be comforted and their prayers answered and their grief requited. Blue sky's, low winds and soft landings.

Jim
gundog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 21:29   #12
wet dog

Rest easy Sir.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:20   #13
Rogue
Guerrilla Chief

Rest in Peace.

Practice honesty and integrity; rescue the man who has been wronged from the hands of his oppressor; do not exploit the stranger, the orphan, the widow; do no violence; shed no innocent blood in this place. Jer 22:3

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ~ Edmund Burke
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote