Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > And Some Gave All.... > TAPS

Old 07-31-2010, 11:30   #1
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

CPT Jason Holbrook and SSG Kyle Warren

RIP, brothers.

Thank you for your service and your sacrifice.

Prayers for your soul, and those you leave behind.

Rest well, and see you on the other side.

TR

http://news.soc.mil/advisories/advisories.html

RELEASE NUMBER: 100731-01
DATE POSTED: JULY 31, 2010

PRESS RELEASE: Two Special Forces Soldiers killed in Afghanistan

Capt. Jason E. Holbrook

Staff Sgt. Kyle R. Warren

FORT BRAGG, N.C. (USASOC News Service, Jun. 31, 2009) – Two U.S. Special Forces Soldiers died when their vehicle struck an improvised explosive device July. 29 in Tsagay, Afghanistan.

The following Soldiers, all assigned to 1st Battalion, 3rd Special Forces Group (Airborne) at Fort Bragg, died when their vehicle struck an IED.

Capt. Jason E. Holbrook, 28, a native of Burnet, TX.

Staff Sgt. Kyle R. Warren, 28, a native of Huntington Beach, Ca.

For further information, media should contact the Special Forces Command Public Affairs Office during duty hours at 910-432-6005.
Click here for Holbrook's bio.

Click here for Warren's bio.
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:40   #2
pjg45
SF Candidate

RIP...
pjg45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:22   #3
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Rest in Peace brothers.

Prayers out to the families.

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:32   #4
LongWire
Quiet Professional

Rest Easy Brothers......Blue Skies

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henry Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"A Government that is losing to an insurgency is not being outfought, it is being out governed." Bernard B. Fall
LongWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 13:04   #5
orion5
Guerrilla Chief

Rest in Peace, Sirs. My family thanks you for your ultimate sacrifice.

Prayers to the young wives you both left behind, that they may successfully carry on and prosper.
orion5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 13:13   #6
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

God Bless,Rest in Peace Warriors.....................

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 13:14   #7
ZonieDiver
Quiet Professional

Rest In Peace, Brothers.
Old 07-31-2010, 13:18   #8
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Rest in Peace Brothers
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 14:46   #9
Ranger44
Asset

Rest in Peace...
Ranger44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 14:49   #10
Tatonka316
Gold Star Father

Rest in Peace, CPT Holbrook and SSG Warren. Thank you for your service and your sacrifice. You will ALWAYS be missed and NEVER forgotten.

molon labe
Tatonka316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 17:14   #11
rdret1
Quiet Professional

Cpt. Holbrook and SSG Warren, thank you for your courage, dedication and sacrifices. Thank you for standing guard for our freedoms. Rest in Peace Brothers.

~ Paul Brunton (1898-1981)

R.D. Winters
rdret1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 18:05   #12
Saoirse
Guerrilla Chief

Rest in peace, Warriors.

Am fear nach gleidh na h-airm san t-sith, cha bhi iad aige 'n am a' chogaidh
"He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war" Old Gaelic

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them. Thomas Paine
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 18:51   #13
forward
Asset

Rest easy Warriors. Thank you for your service and sacrifice. My prayers go out for you and yours.
Old 07-31-2010, 19:13   #14
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Taken too soon. Rest in peace; prayers for your families. Your brothers will carry on your work.
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 19:35   #15
Eagle5US
Quiet Professional

Rest Well....Thank you.

Eagle

Ain't no one getting out of this world alive. All you can do is try to have some choice in the way you go. Prepare yourself (and your affairs), and when your number is up, die on your feet fighting rather than on your knees. And make the SOBs pay dearly."
The Reaper-3 Sep 04
Eagle5US is offline   Reply With Quote