Old 07-30-2010, 04:24   #1
Herman
Banned Knucklehead

of interest to 7th group

I just wanted to share some bio info that was not widely known apparently about Col Simons (I tried to cut and paste from my FB memorial)
Col Arthur David Simons (1918 - 1979) - Find A Grave Memorial

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=11175909

US Army special forces, the 7th SFG (A), codenamed "Hotfoot," entered Laos in 1959, commanded by Lt. Col. Arthurd D. "Bull" Simons, coming with 12 mobile training teams, later called the White Star Training Teams.
As a result, the US had special forces on both sides of the Laotian-Vietnamese borders, and it was common for them to cross borders and to cooperate. As an aside, Colonel Bull Simons , during WWll was the XO of the 6th ranger Bn who, led by Col Mucci and 2 teams from the Alamo Scouts, liberated the Cabanatuan prison camp saving over 500 american POWs held in the Phillipeans.
·

Last edited by Herman; 07-30-2010 at 04:47.
Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:48   #2
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Herman,,

You received an email when you registered for this site. That email gave specific instructions to be followed BEFORE you join any discussions. You are remiss is following these instructions

Re-read the email and follow the instruction, before you do anything else.

This is not optional nor a suggestion..

Then do 100 push-ups..

Welcome to PS.com and thank you for your service.

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:39   #3
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
...info that was not widely known apparently about Col Simons ...
I don't know where you got the idea that info about 'The Bull' was 'not widely known apparently' - but it sure as hell is 'widely known apparently' by those in the SF and Ranger communities who routinely study such things as WS, the Cabanatuan and Son Tay raids, and SOG.

There is a SEARCH button in the bar in the upper right side of the screen on this web-site, and merely typing in 'Bull Simons' would net a long list of many posts on him, including this one:

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...ht=bull+simons

You will also find that we have members here who served with the Bull in the 8th and 7th SFGs, on the Son Tay raid, and in SOG.

I suggest you spend some time searching around in here, reviewing a few of the public profiles and threads, and getting a 'feel' for who we are before embarrassing yourself further - or your stay here will be a brief one...apparently.

Welcome to PS.Com and have a very SF day.

And so it goes...

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 14:13   #4
Herman
Banned Knucklehead

you are right

This was an unfortunate choice on my part to make that post here, after seeing the" find a grave memorial" and a bit of googleing I felt many folks didn`t know the whole story of Col Simons, and I had done a bit of research in a anti-bullshit effort about SF in Vietnam., in particular the early years.
I am not a "wannabe" and I surely didn`t want to imply troops of the 7th grp were not well acquainted with his career, but the rest of the world sure is!
Old 07-30-2010, 14:25   #5
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Herman:

Please read the board rules and stickies and put your next post in the proper place.

Thanks.

And trust me, pretty much everyone reading here knows who COL Simons was.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 14:29   #6
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herman View Post
This was an unfortunate choice on my part to make that post here..
And this is another unfortunate post..

You were told in a PM to post an introduction, before you did anything else..

What is your problem???

Old 07-30-2010, 17:34   #7
Herman
Banned Knucklehead

when I click on introductions I notice a "sticky" that tells me not everyone needs to post an intro,, ALL I ever wanted to do since I registered here some months ago was find someone with the knowledge that I might get to fact check my "article" via email. So I reckon my problem is confusion
Old 07-30-2010, 17:40   #8
Penn
Area Commander

Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 17:56   #9
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Quote:
when I click on introductions I notice a "sticky" that tells me not everyone needs to post an intro,, ALL I ever wanted to do since I registered here some months ago was find someone with the knowledge that I might get to fact check my "article" via email. So I reckon my problem is confusion
Let us try to focus on your 5 yrd target. Here is the sticky:
Quote:

Everyone does not need their own personal thread
for introductions.

To keep this manageable (can you imagine trying to sort through 10,000 member intros?),

everyone who is planning on posting needs to fill in their profile and post an introduction on the not too deceptively titled thread, Introductions IV BEFORE POSTING ANYWHERE ELSE.

It is normally one of the top threads in this forum, but some people are failing to find it.

Again, individual introduction threads are NOT to be started.

Those who do not comply will be identified as FTFSI.

Thank you for your assistance.
There are sections hi-lighted for you.

The sticky say EVERYONE needs to post an introduction, no exceptions.

Your continued participation on this site I give to the moderators for disposition.

Old 07-30-2010, 18:32   #10
Penn
Area Commander

Herman, you are a NG.
Others will be along shortly.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:06   #11
Herman
Banned Knucklehead

adios

AMF
Old 07-31-2010, 04:23   #12
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Quote:
AMF
Sorry you feel this way.

A short, simple, introduction post would have been the solution.

Old 07-31-2010, 18:44   #13
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Well, you can't say you weren't asked nicely and repeatedly before making your exit.

Adios yourself.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote