Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Professional Soldiers ® "Hall of Shame" > "Hall of Shame Inductees"

Old 09-25-2009, 08:08   #1
Richard
Quiet Professional

Why won’t the US Attorney for CO prosecute Stolen Valor Act cases?

Check out the right SSI of the General.

Jonn Lilyea of This Ain’t Hell requested the military records of “General Baxter” through a Freedom of Information Act request to the National Personnel Records Center who confirmed that Baxter had been discharged as a PFC. The Baltimore office of the FBI declined to investigate, despite a picture of him wearing a Combat Infantryman’s Badge and a Silver Star (among other unearned awards).

http://burnpit.legion.org/2009/09/wh...lor-act-cases/

And so it goes with these clowns...

Richard's $.02
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:48   #2
ZonieDiver
Quiet Professional

I don't know who is worse - the POS's who perpetrate these frauds, the morons who accept them blindly for political reasons, or the clowns who refuse to prosecute.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:14   #3
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Every time I read this $hit I'm completely amazed as to why some of these guys in the law enforcement branch refuse to support the Stolen Valor Act....... We never get a reasonable answer,even when they are caught in a picture wearing medals they haven't earned and BS stories on how they won them..... Why even have the Act if no one wants to use it!!!

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:59   #4
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenberetTFS View Post
Every time I read this $hit I'm completely amazed as to why some of these guys in the law enforcement branch refuse to support the Stolen Valor Act....... We never get a reasonable answer,even when they are caught in a picture wearing medals they haven't earned and BS stories on how they won them..... Why even have the Act if no one wants to use it!!!

Big Teddy

Because they do not see it as a serious crime worth prosecuting.

I think that most of them are not military, never were, and do not see the big deal with making false military service claims.

I think that they see it as about as worthwhile as prosecuting people tearing off mattress tags or jaywalking.

It would appear that the Federal Attorneys have considerable lattitude in what crimes to indict and prosecute.

Kind of like Black Panthers intimidating voters at polling places.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 13:08   #5
Hatchetforce
Quiet Professional

As a general rule - and I know from experience since it cost me years of my life - they ask themselves a simple question before proceeding.

"Does this action enhance my career?"
Old 09-29-2009, 13:21   #6
wet dog

Right On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchetforce View Post
As a general rule - and I know from experience since it cost me years of my life - they ask themselves a simple question before proceeding.

Do you beleive that Bill Clinton actually went to North Korea to 'negociate' on behalf of the two jounalists? Or do you think the deal was done before he got on the plane. They do nothing unless it advances their positions.
Old 09-29-2009, 13:46   #7
Hatchetforce
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by wet dog View Post
Do you beleive that Bill Clinton actually went to North Korea to 'negociate' on behalf of the two jounalists? Or do you think the deal was done before he got on the plane. They do nothing unless it advances their positions.
My point exactly. They look at it and ask how it assists their personal goals and then they ask will it hurt those goals if it goes wrong.
Old 09-29-2009, 14:01   #8
wet dog

Who remembers?

1SG Bachelor, Co A, 1st SWTG

"Don't vegetate or vasulate, take action".

or maybe it was 1SG Horn.
Old 09-29-2009, 15:05   #9
kgoerz
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchetforce View Post

That statement is even more true in the LEO Field. If it's not going to advance your career, Agenda or get you an award. Then just let the criminals go. I am living the above statement right now. Two more weeks and my attempt at a second career as an LEO will all seem like a bad dream. Time to go work with Soldiers again.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/uc/20090911/...max/op_1911269