Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 06-21-2004, 11:54   #1
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Slick Willie on 60 Minutes

Did anyone have the stomach to watch this interview last night? I saw part of it. Anyone want to discuss?
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 12:04   #2
shadowflyer
Guerrilla

Couldnt bring myself to watch it RL. I am glad I didnt ...from what I have heard he was Slick William at his finest....
Old 06-21-2004, 12:29   #3
Sigi
BANNED USER

I just didn't have the guts to watch it. I saw a clip where he is talking to a group of students and explained that "the right wing did not have an enemy after the end of the Cold War, so I became that enemy."

I like my 65" TV too much to watch that guy and risk me throwing something at the screen. Insurance just doesn't cover that kind of rage anymore.
Sigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 12:41   #4
CommoGeek
Guerrilla

RL, I saw it. Give me a minute and I'll be back with some words on it.

In a nutshell, I hate him. More so after last night.
CommoGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 13:00   #5
Sacamuelas
JAWBREAKER

Thumbs down

I avoided watching it, just like I refused to watch the latest sean penn movie that my wife rented without my opinion this weekend.

billy makes me ......
Attached Images
File Type: gif puke.gif (4.8 KB, 99 views)
Sacamuelas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 13:05   #6
CommoGeek
Guerrilla

I posted this elsewhere, but the comments are relevant.

I forced myself to watch his interview with Dan Blather last night on 60 Minutes. In between me yelling "F*** you" (among other things) at the TV I learned this:

- He said that he wouldn't pardon Marc Rich again, not because he thinks that it is wrong, but because of the press and flak that he received.

- He "hated" that 18 Americans died on 3-4OCT93.

- He was glad that his mom wasn't alive to see the Lewinsky thing.

- He is very upset that his presidency will be remembered for the impeachment and not for "the good things I've done."

- He made an effort to stop bin Laden, he "really tried."

- He is most hurt by the nickname "Slick Willie."

As an aside his presidential library in LR, AR will have a full-scale model of the Oval Office (this is news to me) so people can see what it is like. No word on whether it comes with a Lewinsky mannequin under the desk....

1) No remorse.... only concern with opinion and his "image". My God, how I hate that President's are worried about the legacy and whatnot. How about freedom? Isn't THAT good enough?

2) "Hated" that they died? I'm sure they hated that you and Les Aspin didn't cowboy up and support them. When you are President you don't get a deferment from war...

3) Don't be a whore and you won't have to worry about your mother's perception of you.

4) The good things? Here's your list, Slick:

5) "Really tried?" I think we know how that turned out.

6) Don't act like a lying, back-stabbing, scheming SOB and you won't be viewed as such.

My wife was 19 when he first ran for the presidency and she voted for him. Like many, she was swayed by his charisma. By his re-election she'd seen first-hand the results of his presidency, his "legacy" and the "good things", and voted for Dole. She hasn't looked back.

The guy is a turd.
CommoGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 13:21   #7
Razor
Quiet Professional

"Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book."
- Ronald Reagan

How true, Mr. President; how very true. RIP
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 14:37   #8
Jack Moroney (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Re: Slick Willie on 60 Minutes

Quote:
Originally posted by Roguish Lawyer
Did anyone have the stomach to watch this interview last night? I saw part of it. Anyone want to discuss?
From what little I saw, I expected nothing less from that draft dodging, dope smoking, prevaricating, womanizing, self-centered, oxygen thief. Only he could actually believe that his worse day in his presidency was when he had to tell his wife that he had actually had sexual relations with Monica-what a guy. Seems to me the CINC would have thought his blackest days would have been Somalia, Yemen, etc, etc, etc. But hell, its just my opinion.

Jack Moroney
Jack Moroney (RIP) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 14:40   #9
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Re: Re: Slick Willie on 60 Minutes

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Moroney
From what little I saw, I expected nothing less from that draft dodging, dope smoking, prevaricating, womanizing, self-centered, oxygen thief. Only he could actually believe that his worse day in his presidency was when he had to tell his wife that he had actually had sexual relations with Monica-what a guy. Seems to me the CINC would have thought his blackest days would have been Somalia, Yemen, etc, etc, etc. But hell, its just my opinion.

Jack Moroney
Here, here!
Attached Images
File Type: gif luxhello.gif (584 Bytes, 80 views)
Old 06-21-2004, 18:04   #10
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Sorry Guys - I'm a newbie here but I couldn't resist adding my two cents. A couple of you have alluded to it but nobody has come out and flat said it. Ancient principle - to defeat your enemy you must first understand him. Or another one borrowed straight from the adversary - A people will have the government they deserve. Slick Willie is not the problem - he's a symptom of the problem. The problem is the attitude of that portion of the American people who elected him twice, who still can't understand how his designated successor was defeated by GW, and who allows Michael Moore types their platform spew moore effluvium. (I've been enjoying the content of that thread also!) Hopefully the pendulum has started to swing right again and take the country with it. November will tell. Personally I can't think of a better epitaph for the Clinton legacy than a strong Republic leading the world through the current crisis in spite of his influence. And no - I didn't watch Slick Willie either! YIS - Peregrino
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 18:28   #11
Guy
Quiet Professional

Thumbs down Re: Slick Willie on 60 Minutes

Quote:
Originally posted by Roguish Lawyer
I watched it!

Throw in downtown Berkeley yesterday also!

I think I have "high blood pressure".

-DE OPPRESSO LIBER-
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 18:28   #12
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by Peregrino
Sorry Guys - I'm a newbie here but I couldn't resist adding my two cents. A couple of you have alluded to it but nobody has come out and flat said it. Ancient principle - to defeat your enemy you must first understand him. Or another one borrowed straight from the adversary - A people will have the government they deserve. Slick Willie is not the problem - he's a symptom of the problem. The problem is the attitude of that portion of the American people who elected him twice, who still can't understand how his designated successor was defeated by GW, and who allows Michael Moore types their platform spew moore effluvium. (I've been enjoying the content of that thread also!) Hopefully the pendulum has started to swing right again and take the country with it. November will tell. Personally I can't think of a better epitaph for the Clinton legacy than a strong Republic leading the world through the current crisis in spite of his influence. And no - I didn't watch Slick Willie either! YIS - Peregrino
Well said, hermano, and welcome to the world of the Quiet Professionals!

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 18:56   #13
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

I watched it more for AMUSEMENT than anything. It delighted me to no end that he was so profoundly offended by "SLICK WILLIE" !!!

The only thing that would have made me feel better would have been if he could have heard me Title him "Slick Willie, the Supreme Dickweed !!"
Old 06-21-2004, 18:58   #14
Sacamuelas
JAWBREAKER

BBC interview with billy is supposed to come out soon... bill C. supposedly gets very upset and angered during the interview when the monica questions start.
Sacamuelas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 19:02   #15
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally posted by Ambush Master
It delighted me to no end that he was so profoundly offended by "SLICK WILLIE" !!!
Note the title of the thread.