Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 06-14-2004, 12:44   #1
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Let's do the contest again

Put another Bush-Cheney sign in front of my house this am. We'll do 12-hour intervals -- first one to take an interval gets it. The person who guesses when the sign is stolen wins a Bush-Cheney window sticker.
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 13:02   #2
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

24 hours this time.

They know you as a likely target.

This time, attach some of the whistler party favors to the base so that you know exactly when it gets lifted, and possibly who did it.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 13:04   #3
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally posted by The Reaper
24 hours this time.

They know you as a likely target.

This time, attach some of the whistler party favors to the base so that you know exactly when it gets lifted, and possibly who did it.

TR
I was thinking about surrounding it with punji pits.
Old 06-14-2004, 13:05   #4
DunbarFC
Guerrilla

This time I bet it gets Kerry stickers all over it
Old 06-14-2004, 13:11   #5
Jack Moroney (RIP)
Quiet Professional

You obviously are a glutton for punishment. Let's make it really controversial. Make the poster in the shape of a cross, put "BUSH" on the left arm of the cross and "CHENEY" on the right. On the vertical portion run "AMERICA" from top to bottom then let's count the number of phone calls you get for:

a. The irreverant use of a religious symbol from the Christian Community.
b. The number of calls from ACLU lawyers rallying to your cause.
c. The ire from the non-Christian community.
d. The calls from the Kerry campaign thanking you for showing that BUSH-CHENEY folks cannot separate church and state functions.

Jack Moroney
Jack Moroney (RIP) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 13:14   #6
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Moroney
You obviously are a glutton for punishment.
You mean like when I wear this t-shirt to work on the weekends?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg diversity750.jpg (77.7 KB, 196 views)
Old 06-14-2004, 13:18   #7
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Team Sergeant Tip of the Day......

Take a small cardboard box, place two bricks in the box. Close and seal the box with duct tape. Obtain a deck of cards, cover with duct tape and place on sign “post.” Take four-six wires of different colors about three feet long and tape them to different locations on your sign and two into the deck of cards that is attached to sign post. Place the other end of the wires into the box and place box in plain view of would be sign thief.

{In your case you may wish to replace bricks with water balloons.}

TS
Old 06-14-2004, 13:21   #8
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Yeah, nothing like a visit from the old Bomb Squad to start the day off right!

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

Old 06-14-2004, 13:27   #9
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

I've thought about putting one of those "protected by Smith & Wesson" stickers on the sign too . . .

Seriously, after this one is stolen, I'll probably start bringing it inside every night.
Old 06-14-2004, 13:28   #10
Matchanu
NAVY SEAL

17th of June.
Old 06-14-2004, 13:30   #11
DanUCSB
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally posted by Roguish Lawyer
Seriously, after this one is stolen, I'll probably start bringing it inside every night.
Or you could sacrifice the night (for the greater good of catching a lawbreaker) and stay up, perhaps with my favored companion (Jack Daniels), and stage a bit of an intervention.

(no sleeping on the ambush line!)
Old 06-14-2004, 14:30   #12
Jack Moroney (RIP)
Quiet Professional

RL, Now that is a great T-shirt. Sort of reminds me when I was in graduate school in the 70s. My wife and I were invited to a lecture given by the head of the department under which I was doing my graduate work . Little did I know that this was a real tree hugging group that wanted to save the whales long before it was fashionable. This group was so anti everything that even the PETA folks would have a hard time qualifying for membership. Well to make a long story short the lecture was on saving furbearering critters and other heretofore unknown endanger species. While I was not wearing a T-shirt like yours, I sat quietly next to my wife who was bundled up in a ski parka with a wolf fur lined hood. Needless to say we were not invited back.

Jack Moroney
Jack Moroney (RIP) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 14:40   #13
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Moroney
RL, Now that is a great T-shirt. Sort of reminds me when I was in graduate school in the 70s. My wife and I were invited to a lecture given by the head of the department under which I was doing my graduate work . Little did I know that this was a real tree hugging group that wanted to save the whales long before it was fashionable. This group was so anti everything that even the PETA folks would have a hard time qualifying for membership. Well to make a long story short the lecture was on saving furbearering critters and other heretofore unknown endanger species. While I was not wearing a T-shirt like yours, I sat quietly next to my wife who was bundled up in a ski parka with a wolf fur lined hood. Needless to say we were not invited back.

Jack Moroney
LMAO

Good thing you were there, or someone probably would have spray-painted "wolf-killer" or something like that on the back of her.
Old 06-14-2004, 21:18   #14
ThinAir
Quiet Professional

36 hours.
ThinAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 21:22   #15
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by Roguish Lawyer
LMAO

Good thing you were there, or someone probably would have spray-painted "wolf-killer" or something like that on the back of her.
Love to see someone try that with the Colonel around!

Be neat to see what the "ass whippin' de jour" would be.

TR