Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 01-14-2009, 08:06   #1
mike-munich
Guerrilla

Wanted: ARNG ACU backpack

Gentlemen,

my g/f is bugging me for a ACU backpack that is passed out by the ARNG (says National Guard on it).

I've looked on eBay, found a few but the problem is that I'm located in Germany and the sellers won't ship here. I do have a stateside shipping address, but then again this address is not PayPal verified and doesn't match my credit card billing addess....

Can one of you help ? Ya'll know how women are, if I can't come up with this backpack I will be sent to dry lands for a long time... hehe. Some of the QP's here know me personally, I will reimburse any expenses if somebody can hook me up with that darn thing.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice you can give.

Mike out.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:24   #2
TOMAHAWK9521
Quiet Professional

I know exactly which one you are talking about. Since I hate anything that says "National Guard" on it, I stitched a velcro panel over the NG embroidery. I used mine for 3 years or so but then gave it to Goodwill this past summer. As for shipping, have you looked at APO.com? I had one of those for companies that wouldn't ship to APO's or overseas addresses.
Old 01-14-2009, 18:57   #3
Gypsy
Area Commander

I'll check with my local ARNG Troop that I volunteer with. If the Supply SGT can't get it, it can't be had. I had a really nice one from them, all black partial leather and it was sharp...but my brother stole it.
Old 01-14-2009, 19:18   #4
Dozer523
BANNED USER

Oh, bite me Tom. Gypsy let me ask the NG recruiter down the hall. He just gave me a really cool liter bottle with the crest on it and in GREEN! National Guard -- Weekend Warriors, "One weekend a month;Two weeks a year. . . My A$$!" (I think that was on the back of our "been-there,-done-that,-got-the-Tee-Shirt" Tee-shirt
Dozer523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 01:38   #5
mike-munich
Guerrilla

Quote:
As for shipping, have you looked at APO.com? I had one of those for companies that wouldn't ship to APO's or overseas addresses.
Tomahawk, I've checked every possible way. I had one guy that would ship to international addresses, but he wanted like $55 for shipping (for a $25 rucksack...). I end up paying 19% import tax and 5% customs on top of those $80, making it a $100 ruck. Ridiculous..... Like I said, my family is all across the US, it would be better to just have it shipped to one of my folks in NY, KS, TX, CO or CA and they forward it to me, along with some goodies for Mikey. shipitapo.com and the others only ship to APO and FPO's.

Gypsy, NG recruiters can order them for their points, so I guess a supply SGT. will get his hands on one too. Maybe Dozer can dig one up from the recruiter down the hall.

@Dozer, I highly appreciate you asking the NG guy. He should either have one, or should be able to order one from Mission Zone.

I really dunno why my g/f is so crazy about that thing. Looks like that ruck has a laptop storage compartment and she wants to use that for college. I had her a ACU nametape made and she wants to stick the US Flag on it too. I have so much gear at the house, but she wants that NG backpack. Oh well...

Thanks for helping me out guys !
Old 01-15-2009, 19:06   #6
Gypsy
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozer523 View Post
Gypsy let me ask the NG recruiter down the hall. p
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-munich View Post
Gypsy, NG recruiters can order them for their points, so I guess a supply SGT. will get his hands on one too. Maybe Dozer can dig one up from the recruiter down the hall.
SSG M is asking the recruiter.

Dozer, if you can get it...or have gotten it...just let me know!
Old 01-15-2009, 21:21   #7
Mack
Quiet Professional

I was given one in support of JRTC recently that I used for a med bag while there. ACU pattern backpack with "National Guard est. 1636 100% American Soldier" on it. Complete with internal MP3 player pocket and a headphone hole. Aside from 'Ranger panties' that I was forced to purchase at the JSOMTC (at the behest of my cadre), probably one of the most lame items currently in my possession. Will gladly unload to you/your family if you still want one.
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 21:50   #8
Paslode
Area Commander

If nothing pans out. PM me. I'll pick it off ebay and ship it.

Shipping International is pricey, if you can ship to an APO it won't be bad.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:26   #9
mike-munich
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
If nothing pans out. PM me. I'll pick it off ebay and ship it.

Shipping International is pricey, if you can ship to an APO it won't be bad.
Thanks ! One of the guys is working on one for me right now. If that shouldn't work out I let you know. I appreciate the offer to pick it off eBay.

Shipping is not a problem, like a said I have family all over the CONUS, and two friends in KS., one on the Wichita PD and one on the Derby PD.

Gypsy, thanks ! Looks like I'm ending up with more backpacks then my g/f can carry...

Mack, if you don't want/need it anymore I gladly take it. Thanks alot !

Last edited by mike-munich; 01-16-2009 at 02:29.
mike-munich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 18:09   #10
Gypsy
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-munich View Post

Gypsy, thanks ! Looks like I'm ending up with more backpacks then my g/f can carry...
Good to go, if anything falls through let me know because I got an email back and they can get one for me.
Old 01-16-2009, 18:15   #11
Mack
Quiet Professional

Mike, will return home on Monday and can send it to whatever address works for you. I'll pm you then bro. Later...
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:26   #12
mike-munich
Guerrilla

Gypsy, roger that. Thanks again !

Mack, PM inbound !

Gentlemen (and Lady !), thanks again for the great response to my request. Looks like my g/f has to buy you a few beers at "Zur Flintkaserne" or at Kloster Reutberg if one of you Gents is in the area.

Last edited by mike-munich; 01-17-2009 at 03:34.
mike-munich is offline   Reply With Quote