Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Special Forces Questions

Old 12-01-2008, 10:36   #1
guardwarrior
Asset

Values of an SF soldier

N/A

Last edited by guardwarrior; 12-01-2008 at 20:38.
guardwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:51   #2
Richard
Quiet Professional

Go to the Base Camp and review this thread...The Teammate...and a few others for your already answered questions.

And then learn to use the search functions prior to posting something that has a very high probability of having been discussed previously in a forum such as this one.

Now good luck, Grasshopper.

Richard's $.02
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 14:01   #3
Dozer523
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardwarrior View Post
Im XXXXXX and currently in training for tryouts in march for A Co 20th. Im wanting to know what you quiet professionals think makes an SF soldier; the values and morals that should be instilled in oneself.
What is a "XxXxXxXx"?
"I'm wanting to know. . ." is how my 'terp started most of his questions, Taha? Is that you?
Im isn't a word, I'm is.
"Quiet Professionals is a name and should be capitalized (And typed from a kneeling position, if possible.); 'Soldier' looks good capitalized, too. Same goes for 'March'.
As for the rest of the question, would you like that in 25 words or less?
Those "values and morals" ought to be there by now, but maybe you can order a box on-line (free shipping)
Never mind . . . Do what Richard says.

Last edited by Dozer523; 12-01-2008 at 18:00. Reason: opsec. . . who'd a guessed it was a name?
Dozer523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 14:03   #4
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Hey, that is a highly motivated college student you are talking to there Dozer, tread lightly.

Probably an English major.

I'd say attention to detail, situational awareness, and self-motivation would be pretty important.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 14:08   #5
Dozer523
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
Hey, that is a highly motivated college student you are talking to there Dozer, tread lightly.

Probably an English major.

I'd say attention to detail, situational awareness, and self-motivation would be pretty important.

TR
Backing toward the door, Sir! (As usual.)
And you defined QP in 13 words.
Old 12-01-2008, 14:26   #6
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozer523 View Post
Backing toward the door, Sir! (As usual.)
And you defined QP in 13 words.
They usually recommend "waiting for the bang" if you intend to follow your grenade through the door ! I was going to give TR a shorter word count (extra brevity points); technically hyphenated counts as one word.
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 15:19   #7
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrino View Post
They usually recommend "waiting for the bang" if you intend to follow your grenade through the door ! I was going to give TR a shorter word count (extra brevity points); technically hyphenated counts as one word.
What was that 84-85,86 maybe when 7th Gp was instructing some chaps from SOTB and they did just that....they didn't wait for the bang, you only do that once.
Old 12-01-2008, 16:25   #8
guardwarrior
Asset

N/A

Last edited by guardwarrior; 12-01-2008 at 20:39.
Old 12-01-2008, 16:37   #9
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
no offense dozer i wanted all your personal opinions not what one person wrote and as for typing or capitals it can be read either way. I've done all my research but there are questions to be answered by someone who is where im wanting to go. No need for knit picking at my typing.

GW:

Let me be blunt.

For a college student who aspires to be SF, your spelling and grammar skills are atrocious.

This is not grammar.com, but it hurts my head to read your posts, and you are coming across as much younger and less educated than you claim to be.

First impressions are lasting ones, and if that is the way you communicate with others in writing, I would seriously question your basic skills and education. You might look at what attributes I mentioned in my post above. This sort of laziness gets people non-selected, or in the worst case, killed.

This isn't myspace, facebook, a text message, or military.com. If you expect others to take time to reply to your personal reqests for assistance, you should be willing to take the time to use a spell-checker or a dictionary.

Best of luck.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 16:48   #10
guardwarrior
Asset

N/A

Last edited by guardwarrior; 12-01-2008 at 20:39.
Old 12-01-2008, 17:11   #11
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
No offense dozer I wanted all your personal opinions not what one person wrote, and as for typing or capitols they can be read either way. I've done all my research, but there are questions to be answered by someone who is where im wanting to go. No need for knit picking at my typing.
Or punctuation, grammar, and spelling.

No offense, Dozer. I wanted all your personal opinions, not what one person wrote, and as for typing or capitols, they can be read either way. I've done all my research, but there are questions to be answered by someone who is where I'm wanting to go. No need for nit picking at my typing.

My advice is that you carefully reread the advice you've been given and heed TR's remarks because, whether you believe it or not, you are judged by how you present yourself and sound (verbally or in writing).

Richard's $.02
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 17:20   #12
guardwarrior
Asset

N/A

Last edited by guardwarrior; 12-01-2008 at 20:40.
Old 12-01-2008, 17:38   #13
Blitzzz (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Yes, get on those.

Slow down read and think. You said you were "high speed", but I fear not low drag. Blitz

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
Thomas Jefferson
Blitzzz (RIP) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 17:44   #14
guardwarrior
Asset

N/A

Last edited by guardwarrior; 12-01-2008 at 20:40.
Old 12-01-2008, 17:57   #15
Dozer523
BANNED USER

If you think this young man's typing, punctuation and conventions are interesting in a public forum, you should see it in a Private Message. "Interesting" word choices too! And since I'm a teacher, I'll remind the college freshman he ought to consider his audience before typing anything.