Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Hall of Heroes > POW/MIA

Old 07-11-2008, 06:52   #1
JumpinJoe1010
Auxiliary

SGT Jimenez, and PVT Fouty remains found

It is good to see that these soldiers bodies were found so that there families can finally move on.

Rest In Peace Gentlemen

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,380322,00.html

"Men who live by playing with knowledge may be called scholars, but they can never be men of wisdom." Hiratsuka Raicho
JumpinJoe1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:23   #2
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

RIP, Gents.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:27   #3
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Rest in Peace

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:07   #4
Red Flag 1
Area Commander

Rest In Peace Soldiers!
Red Flag 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:28   #5
Monsoon65
Guerrilla Chief

Bodies of 2 missing US soldiers are found in Iraq

RIP, troops. Prayers out to the families.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080711/...ssing_soldiers

By DAVID AGUILAR, Associated Press Writer
1 hour, 31 minutes ago

DETROIT - For more than a year, Gordon Dibler held out hope that his stepson, Army Pvt. Byron W. Fouty, would return home from Iraq. Then military officials delivered the grim news that the body of Fouty and another soldier captured during an ambush south of Baghdad had been found.

"Every day that he's been missing has been a day of `what could have been' ... but after hearing the news ... I'm still in shock," Dibler said Thursday, after military officials came to his Oxford home and told him his stepson's body was one of two discovered in the Iraqi village of Jurf as Sakhr.

Fouty, 19, of Waterford, Mich., and Army Sgt. Alex Jimenez, 25, of Lawrence, Mass., were kidnapped in May 2007 in the volatile area south of Baghdad known as the "triangle of death." The body of a third captured soldier, Pfc. Joseph Anzack Jr., 20, of Torrance, Calif., was found in the Euphrates River a year later.

Jimenez's father, Ramon "Andy" Jimenez, said he also received a visit Thursday from military officials who told him that his son's body and some of his son's personal effects had been discovered in Iraq. Speaking through a translator, he said the news "shattered all hope" the family had to "see Alex walk home on his own."

The military would not immediately confirm the mens' reports; the Pentagon generally waits 24 hours after notifying the next of kin before making a release public.

Lawrence Veterans Services Director Francisco Urena, who was at the Jimenez home Thursday night and translated for the soldier's father, said the family was given no details on the discovery of the bodies or the nature of the soldiers' deaths.

The men were identified using dental records, Dibler said, adding that the bodies of both soldiers were taken to Dover, Del., where military officials are expected to perform further tests to positively identify both men and determine a cause of death.

"It's a very sad relief," Dibler said. "But I know I have to go forward, not just for our family, but for the other men and women who are still doing their job over there."

He said he spent much of Thursday on the phone talking with family and friends, including Andy Jimenez. The soldiers' families had become friends over the past year, and Dibler said he always considered the two missing soldiers "our nation's sons."

"Byron went to Iraq to help people who couldn't help themselves," he said, adding that conditions there have since improved. "I know their sacrifice was not for nothing. It was not in vain."

Urena said the Jimenez family expects to receive Alex Jimenez's body in five days.

"He's very thankful for everybody from the community in Lawrence and throughout the U.S. who have provided him support during the difficult time the family has been through during the past 14 months," Urena said of Andy Jimenez.

The three soldiers, from the Fort Drum, N.Y.-based 10th Mountain Division, disappeared on May 12, 2007, after insurgents ambushed their combat team 20 miles outside Baghdad. An Iraqi soldier and four other Americans from the same unit were killed in the attack.

The soldiers were from Company D, 4th Battalion, 31st Infantry Regiment — nicknamed the "Polar Bears."

Jim Waring of the family support group New England Care for Our Military said he spoke to Jimenez' and Fouty's families Thursday night.

"It's going to be tough on them," he said. "They really had hoped they were alive."

Waring said his group had a banner for the missing soldiers that read: "Together they serve our nation and together they will come home."

"They did come home together, just not the way we wanted," Waring said.
With no vain sighs for moments gone
Monsoon65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:11   #6
Stras
Quiet Professional

Closure

Rest in Peace

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/07/11/mis...ers/index.html

Bodies confirmed as soldiers kidnapped last yearStory Highlights
NEW: Soldiers' remains in U.S.; were identified by dental records, father says

Alex Jimenez, Byron W. Fouty were kidnapped in May 2007 ambush

Details on the discovery of the bodies, cause of death are not yet known

Next Article in U.S. »

BOSTON, Massachusetts (CNN) -- The remains of two U.S. soldiers kidnapped more than a year ago in Iraq were found and are back in the United States, according to the father of one of the soldiers.

Army Sgt. Alex Jimenez was kidnapped during an ambush in May 2007.

The military has not yet issued a public confirmation, but Ramon "Andy" Jimenez said in a broadcast interview that officers visited his Lawrence, Massachusetts, home to tell him the body of his son, Sgt. Alex R. Jimenez, 25, was found.

The officers told Ramon "Andy" Jimenez that information from an informant led investigators to the remains of his son and those of Pvt. Byron W. Fouty, 19, of Waterford, Michigan, on Wednesday, Jimenez family friend Sandy Almonte said.

The senior Jimenez, a native of the Dominican Republic, said the military told him the soldiers' remains were identified in the U.S. by their dental records.

The father said his son died for a cause he cared about.

"He decided since he was young to join the Army," he said. "I'm very proud of my son."

The military did not give the family any other details, such as where the bodies were found, Almonte said.

Gordon Dibler spoke of waiting for news of his stepson Army Pvt. Fouty after military officials came to his home, The Associated Press reported Thursday.

"Every day that he's been missing has been a day of `what could have been' ... but after hearing the news ... I'm still in shock," Dibler said.

Major Dan Elliott with the U.S. Army's 10th Mountain Division confirmed to CNN that human remains were found in the division's area of operation in Iraq. He said the remains were sent to the United States for positive identification.

The body of a third soldier who was kidnapped in the May 12 ambush -- Pfc. Joseph J. Anzack Jr., 20, of Torrance, California -- was pulled from the Euphrates River in Babil province 11 days after the attack near Mahmoudiya, which is south of Baghdad.

Four American troops and an Iraqi interpreter were killed in the ambush, which happened in a section of Iraq that was known as the Triangle of Death.

Black ribbons of mourning replaced the yellow ribbons around the Jimenez home Thursday afternoon.

A POW/MIA flag that had been hanging from the home for more than a year was also immediately replaced by a U.S. flag.

Wendy Luzon, another Jimenez family friend who was with the father when the military officers read the official notification to the family, said "It brings closure to the whole deal."
Stras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:26   #7
Stras
Quiet Professional

PVT Fouty RIP

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/16849659/detail.html

Local Family Learns Of Missing Soldier's Death

POSTED: 11:25 pm EDT July 10, 2008
UPDATED: 8:22 am EDT July 11, 2008

WATEFORD, Mich. -- The body of a Waterford soldier missing in Iraq for more than year has been found.

The soldier's stepfather Gordon Dibler told Local 4 officials came to his home in Oxford on Thursday and told the family they found Pvt. Byron Fouty, 19, in Iraq.

"Knowing how much energy I tried to keep up for Sarah my daughter and the family around us hoping that he was alive," said Dibler.

Fouty was one of three soldiers who were kidnapped.

"He made a choice. He wanted to be a commando. He wanted to help others that couldn't do. I actually feel he was called to be in the service," Dibler said.

The details of Fouty's death are unclear. He was kidnapped in Iraq last year during an ambush that left several other soldiers death.

Fouty, along with Army Sgt. Alex Jimenez, 25. of Lawrence, Mass., were kidnapped in the area of Baghdad known as the "triangle of death".

Jimenez' body was also found and his father was notified Thursday.

Officials used dental records to identify Fouty. Further tests are expected to be performed to positively identify both men and determine the cause of death.

No details have been released on memorial services for Fouty.

Copyright 2008 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Stras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:50   #8
echoes
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsoon65 View Post
"Byron went to Iraq to help people who couldn't help themselves," he said, adding that conditions there have since improved. "I know their sacrifice was not for nothing. It was not in vain."
RIP.

Holly
echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:27   #9
Rogue
Guerrilla Chief

RIP

Practice honesty and integrity; rescue the man who has been wronged from the hands of his oppressor; do not exploit the stranger, the orphan, the widow; do no violence; shed no innocent blood in this place. Jer 22:3

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ~ Edmund Burke
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 13:57   #10
C0B2A
Quiet Professional

RIP
Old 07-11-2008, 14:56   #11
thomps2100
Asset

RIP
thomps2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 18:21   #12
Gypsy
Area Commander

I'm very glad SGT Jimenez and PVT Fouty were found, welcome home Men...may you now finally Rest in Peace.
Old 07-11-2008, 19:18   #13
Five-O
Guerrilla Chief

RIP brothers
Five-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 13:03   #14
Christophe
Guerrilla

Unhappy

RIP soldiers...
Glad they were found; that way their families at least can give these heroes a decent burial.
Christophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 18:19   #15
Infantry44
Quiet Professional

We spent the last 6 months of our deployment looking for these Brothers. I've thought about them every day since coming Home. I found out today when I saw the Army Times headline. Brought back a lot of memories.

RIP Warriors & Welcome Home

-Albert Einstein
Infantry44 is offline   Reply With Quote