Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Special Forces Questions

Old 06-20-2008, 21:00   #1
RacerNV
BANNED USER

Airborne Assignment

I don't know if this is the right section for this question but here it goes.

I emailed branch the other day because i have orders to 7th Special Forces Group [ABN] because I wanted to know if i would be getting tdy orders to jump school or if i was going to go when I got to my unit.

Ms. Robinson my branch manager wrote back saying that this is not an airborne assignment. Now wait a minute...doesn't it say airborne right in the name. So this left me feeling confused. If anybody help me out with this that would be great.

Jay

Heres the exact email i wrote to her and her response.

Hello Ms. Robinson,

My Name is PFC Crabill. I just recentley came down
on orders to 7th Special Forces Group. On the 3rd page of my
orders(special instructions) it says "If this is an Airborne requistion
(SQI V,S,orP), the soldier must be airborne qualified or an airborne
volunteer w/airborne training in route"

I was wondering if i was going to get tdy orders to airborne school or
if i am going to go to school after i get to my unit. i need to do this
so i can start getting my leave together and what not.

thank you and have a wonderful day

PFC Crabill

PFC Crabill this assignment is not airborne.
RacerNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 21:30   #2
jbour13
Area Commander

Your orders for Basic Airborne Course may be deferred at this time. You will go or you will be flogged then executed by nail clipper if you fail

7th Group is Airborne. The TeamSergeant was kind enough to give you some insight in your first thread on this topic: http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...ad.php?t=18600

Why question it again here?

PM me for details.

"Let the blood of the infantry flow through your veins,or the blood of the infantry will be on your hands."
- GEN John A. Wickham, Jr. speaking on the responsibilities of MI soldiers.

Last edited by jbour13; 06-20-2008 at 21:33.
jbour13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 22:54   #3
RacerNV
BANNED USER

The reason i asked is, as i said above, i am confused. I was told by my XO that i should be getting tdy orders to go to airborne school since this is an ariborne unit. so i emailed branch and they told me this is not an airborne unit. i know it is, but they say otherwise. I just need to figure this out so i can start getting my leave together and i can go to travel to get my ticket home.
RacerNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 08:11   #4
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

I would save copies of all correspondence and follow the assignment orders to the letter.

Yours is not to question why. Count yourself lucky to be going to 7th Group and do so quickly and quietly, before they discovery that you are gone.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote