Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > And Some Gave All.... > In Memory Of

Old 03-05-2008, 08:13   #1
mffjm8509
Quiet Professional

RIP SFC(ret) Bob Disharoon

I received the following email this morning.

I served with Dish in both A/2/10 and SWCS. Another great loss to our community.

Rip Brother!

Yesterday, March 4th, SFC (ret.) Robert Charles Disharoon lost his battle with cancer. Bob was a gentle giant of a man and an accomplished Special Forces soldier. His 20 years of military service included stints in Liberia, Bosnia and Afghanistan and duty with ADA, C 1/10, ODA 042, SFAS Cadre, CA and ASOT Instructor. Bob Disharoon was the quiet professional, not loud, not forceful but strong and smart. Bob was my senior on 042 and very much a big brother to me. I remember fondly how he would roll his eyes, with straight face and sarcastic 'oh, brother' when he heard whatever latest genius idea myself and Patrick McNeal came up with. I also chuckle to think of how unlucky Bob had been to be trapped jumping with Patrick and I for a 3 day SR in Washington. He had a great sense of humor. On one excursion in the woods I kept pointing out bear markings to him and he would tell me I was wrong. Finally when we saw a bear he said it wasn't a bear but a big dog. He knew how this frustrated me and it was pretty funny, he never admitted it was a bear, not to this day. Thank you Bob, for your shining example of a soldier, a husband, a father and a friend, and I hope that we have been as valuable and dear in your life as you have been to us. Our hearts and prayers are with his wife Louise and son Michael in their time of loss.
De Oppresso Liber

MDP

"May God be with you and may the devil be crushed underfoot as you march for peace on the skulls of our enemies, for goodwill, security and a quality of life that comes only with democracy, " - Ted Nugent
mffjm8509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:17   #2
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

I knew Dish from SFAS as well.

Always steady and reliable to do the right thing.

RIP, hermano.

Thank you for your service, and prayers out.

See you on the other side.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:11   #3
Rogue
Guerrilla Chief

Rest in Peace, and thanks for a job well done.

Practice honesty and integrity; rescue the man who has been wronged from the hands of his oppressor; do not exploit the stranger, the orphan, the widow; do no violence; shed no innocent blood in this place. Jer 22:3

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ~ Edmund Burke
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 10:02   #4
jdl141
Quiet Professional

Thank you for your service and may God bless your family.

RIP Brother
jdl141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:19   #5
SFS0AVN
Quiet Professional

RIP SFC Disharoon, Godspeed.

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine."
Rommel
SFS0AVN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:37   #6
Goggles Pizano
Area Commander

Rest in peace SFC Disharoon.
You ask; What is our policy? I will say; “It is to wage war, by sea, land and air, with all our might and with all the strength that God can give us: to wage war against a monstrous tyranny, never surpassed in the dark lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy.” You ask; What is our aim? I can answer with one word: Victory—victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival.-Winston Churchill
Goggles Pizano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 14:19   #7
vsvo
Area Commander

RIP SFC Disharoon
vsvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 15:30   #8
Red Flag 1
Area Commander

Rest in Peace SFC Disharoon.

RF 1
Red Flag 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 15:43   #9
Defion69
Quiet Professional

RIP brother/QP.
Defion69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 17:39   #10
jbour13
Area Commander

RIP SFC Disharoon

"Let the blood of the infantry flow through your veins,or the blood of the infantry will be on your hands."
- GEN John A. Wickham, Jr. speaking on the responsibilities of MI soldiers.
jbour13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:15   #11
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Nice website memorial.

RIP, hermano.

TR

SFC Robert Charles Disharoon

Sergeant First Class (ret.) Robert Charles Disharoon, 43, of Raeford, passed away March 4, 2008 as a result of complications related to melanoma. A memorial service will be held at The Church of the Apostles in Hope Mills followed by a military honors service at Fayetteville Memorial Cemetery. He will be interred at Arlington National Cemetery on April 1 at 11 am.

SFC Disharoon is survived by his wife Louise and son Michael. He is also survived by his parents Wilbur and Mary Disharoon of Washington, NC and three siblings, Diana Eastman of Monkton, MD; Mary Clark of Camden, DE; and Lawrence Disharoon of Davidson, MD.

Serving in the Army Special Forces for 20 years, SFC Disharoon was a recipient of the Bronze Star, the Meritorious Service Medal, the Army Commendation Medal, the Army Achievement Medal, the Joint Unit Meritorious Unit Award, the Army Superior Unit Award, the National Defense Service Medal, the Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, and the Armed Forces Service Medal in addition to numerous ribbons and badges.

A lover of all things Disney from a young age, SFC Disharoon attended the University of Florida and was an avid Florida Gators fan. He also enjoyed home improvement projects, model airplanes, scuba diving, travel, military history, especially the WW II era, orienteering, and golf.

A beloved husband, father, son and brother, Bob Disharoon was well known and respected by friends and family for his compassion, kindness, and gentility.

Visitation for SFC Robert Disharoon will be held at Rogers and Breece Funeral Home, 500 Ramsey Street, Fayetteville, NC 28301, from 6-8 pm on Friday. The memorial service will be held Saturday at 12 pm at The Church of the Apostles, 5605 Trade Street, Hope Mills, NC 28348 to be immediately followed by a military honors service at Fayetteville Memorial Cemetery, 2891 Gillespie Street, Fayetteville, NC 28306. In his honor and in lieu of flowers, the family requests that memorial donations be made to The Church of the Apostles Vision Fund, P.O. Box 256, Hope Mills, NC 28348. A memorial website celebrating the life of SFC Robert Disharoon can be found at www.bobdisharoon.com.
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:37   #12
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Rest in Peace SFC Disharoon.........
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 13:10   #13
GANGSTER
Quiet Professional

Rest in Peace
Henry V
GANGSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 13:15   #14
azmg
Guerrilla

RIP and thank you for your service. Prayers out to the family in a difficult time.
azmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 19:26   #15
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

RIP SFC Disharoon

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote