Old 09-18-2007, 19:53   #1
Tattoo
Asset

Need a Check Please

Any guys here from 3rd Group ODA 362? Got a guy at my school training for a DoS position and his teamates arent buying his story. He is only 26 now and when I asked him his rank when he went thru selection he said Corporal, I only know of one guy that went thru as an E-4 but was about 30 and prior service. This guys pistol and rifle skills are lacking and I know you guys...even the 10% lol.....have better skills than this guy. He says 18 Echo.
NOw for me this isnt that big of a deal for if he passes the course he moves on no matter what he says but for his classmates it is a serious trust issue and I understand that since they will have to be downrange with this guy for a year. He also claims 2 Bronze Stars. Another thing I found intereting is that I had a newspaper article forwarded to me and this kid visited his old school and told them that he was in the unit that caputured Saddam(not sure if this was a 3rd Group Op)!!!!! I also have a name if anyone was possibly in this unit. Thanks

Tattoo aka Rock

TR, sorry I just read the rules but you know I wouldnt ask if it wasnt important. Take care

Last edited by Tattoo; 09-18-2007 at 20:03.
Old 09-18-2007, 20:27   #2
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Anyone who knows this ODA or individual, contact Tattoo directly via PM.

No one else needs to post or add to this thread.

Thanks for your cooperation.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
Old 09-18-2007, 20:45   #3
Tattoo
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
Anyone who knows this ODA or individual, contact Tattoo directly via PM.

No one else needs to post or add to this thread.

Thanks for your cooperation.

TR
Thank you my friend much appreciated.

Rock
Old 09-19-2007, 09:20   #4
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Tattoo,

Ask to see his DD-214. You will not hurt his feelings by asking and it will prove beyond a shadow of a doubt his SF and medal claims.

Team Sergeant
Old 09-19-2007, 16:03   #5
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Ask to see his DD-214. You will not hurt his feelings by asking and it will prove beyond a shadow of a doubt his SF and medal claims.
When I hire someone who is a veteran, I ask to see the 214...it is de rigeur and he shouldn't take offense...
""A man must know his destiny. if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder. if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it.""- GEN George S. Patton
Old 09-19-2007, 16:30   #6
Snaquebite
Area Commander

+1 If he balks, Oh well.....

"If one day you decide to know yourself...you'll have to choose the warrior path...You'll reach the darkness of your spirit.... Then, if you overcome your fears....You will know who you are."

"De Oppresso Liber"
Closed Thread