Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 04-29-2004, 05:50   #1
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Cabron!!

Go to this site only if you are ready for a massive case of the ass:

From "The Daily Collegian" - "New England's Largest College Daily" - consider the source. A real oxygen thief and maricon.

http://www.dailycollegian.com/vnews/.../408f27f0591be
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 06:08   #2
danjam
Auxiliary

Rebel intelectual wannabe, who, not actually knowing or experiancing anything in life, is using his right (won by people who he is berating) to spew his ill informed, bad mannered, ungreatful mind onto paper, since in real life he risks being laughed at and ( I wish) being bitch slapped.
He reminds me of kids high on drugs suddenly coming to an epiphany that they understand and have a solution to everything. Oh well, a dime a dozen, there is plenty of them out there, and nothing to get too riled about. (Me not being a US service man and/or fellow Ranger)

p.s.
He is obviously jealous that he does not feel the brotherhood of patriotic Americans. As well as probably not being included in "frat" brotherhoods or parties....

In South Africa we would say "shame", as in we feel sorry for him because of his ... personality etc..

Anyway...
danjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 06:13   #3
Kyobanim

At least they're not all bad. There's still hope.

Counterpoint

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."
Optimus Prime
Kyobanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 06:58   #4
DunbarFC
Guerrilla

I went to ZooMass for 3 semesters before this type drove me out

It's the most useless area in Massachusetts, and that's saying a LOT
Old 04-29-2004, 07:12   #5
Solid
Guerrilla Chief

Aside from the thesis, which boils my blood, this guy can't argue. He makes the mistake of thinking that heroes (as opposed to casualties) are created by the war they fight in. If anyone dies for their country, they are heroes... be it in a humanitarian aid effort, a World War against evil, or a purely corporate effort to secure resources- they died not for the war, but for their country.

Furthermore, this idiot fails to recognize that wars do not have to be fought on home turf for them to effect our homeland- an AQ filled Astan or a Saddam controlled Iraq both pose threats to US stability. It's the US govts. responsibility to its people to attempt to secure and maintain a better standard of living- they don't have to be fighting against foreign invasion to do it.

Following on from this point, of COURSE the Afghani resistance is legitimate. People can resist all they want- but it's not MORE legitimate than our right to security and stability.

JMO,

Solid
Solid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 08:29   #6
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Typical stupid grad student bitch.
Attached Images
File Type: gif splat.gif (3.9 KB, 210 views)
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 10:43   #7
DunbarFC
Guerrilla

The Collegian ( which sucked even back in 1988 ) responds

http://www.dailycollegian.com/vnews/.../4090744e398cd
Old 04-29-2004, 11:24   #8
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

I suspect that he is hiding under his bed, hoping that the long line of people wanting to express their opinions to him up close and personally goes away.

Were his comments not hate speech against military personnel?

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 11:54   #9
Solid
Guerrilla Chief

I just don't think he gets it, like many products of the liberal college system. So, yeah, I think he hates the military... but out of stupidity, not genuine reasoning.

Solid
Solid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 12:19   #10
DunbarFC
Guerrilla

The fallout continues

http://www.boston.com/news/education...elled_soldier/

I'm liking Mr Wilson a lot

Quote:
UMass president Jack Wilson issued a statement saying Rene Gonzalez's comments in The Daily Collegian "are a disgusting, arrogant and intellectually immature attack on a human being who died in service to his country."
Old 04-29-2004, 12:28   #11
FullGallop
SF Candidate

"It wasn't like he was defending the East coast "
-renee gonzales
daily Collegian

Uhhh.....He was'nt? I could have sworn AQ attacked the east coast, but whatever.

And I did'nt capitalize his name for a reason
FullGallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 12:29   #12
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

What do you guys expect from a male, not man, with a woman's name?

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 12:45   #13
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

This story is now on the front page of espn.com. Unbelievable that this bitch is getting so much attention for being such a moron. She does not deserve the celebrity, whether negative or not.
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 12:51   #14
DunbarFC
Guerrilla

It's actually a "he" but your term still fits RL
Old 04-29-2004, 12:58   #15
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

You guys are going about this all wrong. We have to all enroll at these colleges and change them from the inside! I am starting a recruiting drive for UMASS now!
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote