Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Arena

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2007, 15:37   #1
Sdiver
Area Commander
 
Sdiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Black Hills of SD
Posts: 5,945
You Guys Playin' Cards ????

Texas Holdem.

Every where you turn around now-a-days, you see Texas Holdem being played.

Hell, spin through the channels on your TV, on any given day, and you're bound to see no less than 2 stations showing some game/match/tournament somewhere. I think one night, not too long a go, I counted 7 different stations, with a game on.

I just watched the latest James Bond movie (yeah...yeah...I know I'm a little late) and he's playing Texas Holdem instead of Baccarat. I mean come on. There are certain things you just don't change. James Bond plays Baccarat. Pluto is the 9th planet in the solar system. ect ect....

I've played poker before in the past, always Draw or Stud. Never really got into Texas Holdem. But there's so many "on line" games out there, and these huge tournaments, that I might be hearing the call.

Anyone out there play, and if you do, is it on line or do you go to these tournaments, and if so, what are some of the better ones?
__________________
Non Sibi Sed Suis
_____________________________________________
It's Good To Be Da King !!!! Just ask NDD !!!!
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 17:12   #2
82ndtrooper
BANNED USER
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,189
Texas Holdem

I dont have glasses big enough to hide my "Poker Face"
82ndtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 21:36   #3
Shar
Guerrilla
 
Shar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: DC area
Posts: 381
Mad poker skillz

When I was pregnant and on bedrest with my last baby I played online poker all day long to fight the boredom. I never played real money except for when my husband "gave" me $50 for my birthday to play - I lost it but I used it for entry into tournaments. My favorite place is www.fulltiltpoker.com, I liked the other players, the graphics and UI the best. It has been almost two years since I played there so I'm sure a lot has changed.

I've also played in a number of live tournaments in Watertown near Fort Drum. There was a guy up there who organized them on a regular basis, you paid your $50 admission and you couldn't buy back in, so it wasn't technically gambling and so it was legal. That was my favorite - nothing beats live poker tournaments. I was usually the last female standing but I never won.

My husband calls me the luckiest person in the world - he just can't handle that he's never beat me at any form of cards.
__________________
"I had cast my lot with a soldier, and where he was, was home to me." - Martha Summerhayes Vanished Arizona
Shar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 13:03   #4
Sdiver
Area Commander
 
Sdiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Black Hills of SD
Posts: 5,945
Okay, gotta bump this back up.

There's a bar I found, round the corner from me, that has games every night. I'm usually down there on Sat. nights, after my shift gets done.

All I can say is, I've become a Texas Hold'um junkie.
__________________
Non Sibi Sed Suis
_____________________________________________
It's Good To Be Da King !!!! Just ask NDD !!!!
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 13:44   #5
bricklayer
SF Candidate
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 151
NO LIMIT HOLD'EM POKER. Hmmmm
Yes, this fantastic card game has been a favorite of mine for awhile now, and it can also be a life changing event for some people. I have won big and lost big and all I can say is DO NOT over indulge, because it can get addictive. You start out playing with buddies on a Friday Night or at tournaments at the local bar. And then you find yourself sitting at a real table at your local casino cause you think you have the right stuff. Online poker has exploded over the last 10 years and has turned players to these big satellite tournaments online to have their chance at the big money. From 2000 to 2006 the entries in the World Series Of Poker Main Event went from 1,500 to around 8,000 players with a $10,000 buy-in. Goerge Bush just passed a bill about online gambling and made it illegal to make deposits to online bank accounts for this purpose. People are getting to carried away with poker and some are losing everything they have.
bricklayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 14:10   #6
Remington Raidr
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdiver View Post
I mean come on. There are certain things you just don't change. James Bond plays Baccarat. Pluto is the 9th planet in the solar system. ect ect....
IIRC, there was talk about Pluto being downgraded to an asteroid. Everything is in flux.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:41.



Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®
Site Designed, Maintained, & Hosted by Hilliker Technologies