Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Bear Pit > PT/ H2H

Old 03-24-2007, 22:25   #1
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

H2H implamentation question

Everyone,

My agency is re-evaluating how we implament our Defensive Tactics curriculum into our Deputies and Detention Officers.

BACKGROUND:
All staff has been introduced to most (or all) of the techniques in their basic academy. But like most cops they don't train. So, they lose a ton of information.

What we have done in the past is break all of the techniques and subjects into 4 hour building blocks. For example:
DT1: Basic body mechanics, personal defense techniques, and use of force.
DT2: Brief overview of DT1, Force Delivery Techniques and Control Techniques
DT3: Review of DT1 and DT2, then we get into break falls, ground survival and pressure points.
So on and So forth all the way up to DT 7 were it is a defense against edge weapons, sticks, multi-person encounters etc., etc.

WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We have the curriculum, what we are looking for is a new and more efficient way of covering the same material so everyone retains more information and there is less of a gap (knowledge wise) between trainings. The material by design is basic and is easy to retain. Our problem is that we aren't seeing the results in the field. ie people aren't replicating there training when the fit-hits-the-shan.

I know bi-weekly training would be great but the admin won’t go for that. What we are authorized to hold is: Quarterly (optional) training and twice a year mandatory trainings.

Any and all imput is welcome...If you don't want to post in the open feel free to drop me a PM and I’ll give you my agency e-mail address.

Thank you for your time, knowledge, and assistance.

-Joe
"This is the law: The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." - John Steinbeck, "The Law"
Smokin Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:32   #2
adal
Quiet Professional

Sent a PM.
adal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 21:49   #3
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Copy,

I'll shoot you an e-mail ASAP... friggin crazy week. I have 4 cases going to Grand Jury tomorrow.
"This is the law: The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." - John Steinbeck, "The Law"
Smokin Joe is offline   Reply With Quote