Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Professional Soldiers ® "Hall of Shame" > "Hall of Shame Inductees"

Old 11-11-2006, 12:49   #1
Bill Harsey
Bladesmith to the Quiet Professionals

Mayor Robert Levy

Here is the story I read at Drudge Report, http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/n...-6786289c.html
Bill Harsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 13:15   #2
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

What a dumbass.
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 13:48   #3
incommin
Quiet Professional

One more outed.....many more to go!

Jim

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." [Samuel Adams]

Jim
incommin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 14:23   #4
BMT (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Another Wannabe Bite's the Dust

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/n...-6786289c.html

BMT
Old 11-11-2006, 15:37   #5
Monsoon65
Guerrilla Chief

Assemblyman Jim Whelan, a former mayor who grew up with Levy on Atlantic City’s beaches initially defended him, calling people who questioned Levy’s record “crackpots” in an Oct. 2 interview.

“I don’t know what pleasure they take in doing this, and I don’t want to denigrate their service,” Whelan said then, “but I can’t imagine many of them served longer or more honorably than (Levy) did.”

So pretty much what this guy is saying is that there's no harm pretending to be what you aren't? Once again, impersonating a vet is a "victimless crime" and it's OK.

"Aside from service, conduct, training and recruiting awards, the Army twice awarded Levy the Bronze Star, its fourth highest decoration given for bravery, heroism or meritorious service. He also won the similarly awarded Combat Infantryman’s Badge, given after at least 30 days in a combat zone, and twice received the Meritorious Service Medal for outstanding non-combat service."

So this knucklehead goes and screws up his reputation pretending to be SF? Hell, he's got a decent, honorable record without having to lie!!!
With no vain sighs for moments gone
Monsoon65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 20:03   #6
Razor
Quiet Professional

Question to the VN vets: would his time as an advisor qualify him to earn the CIB, as it seems from the article he was a commo guy and not an infantryman. I've heard of tankers back then earning CIBs for infantry-like actions, so I didn't know if this was a similar 'waiver' on the MOS prerequisite.

On another note, I wonder if the two Bronze Stars include a 'V'. That makes a big difference to me, as without the 'V' its just an MSM awarded for meritorious service in a combat zone.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 20:37   #7
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Harsey
Here is the story I read at Drudge Report, http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/n...-6786289c.html

Is that the "Green Beret" Senator john kerry rescued?

Amazing how his friends don't think any less of him.... (Where's Donald Trump when you need him, fire this mayor!)

TS
Old 11-13-2006, 09:01   #8
rubberneck
Area Commander

Quote:
He also said, “I’ve had problems with post-traumatic stress and have been to counseling. This (Green Berets issue) has not helped.”
How predictable. The man had a record that most veterans would be proud of, yet that wasn't enough for him. So he lies and now people are supposed to feel sorry for him that this whole affair has re-triggered his PTSD.
rubberneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 17:33   #9
Jo Sul
Quiet Professional

I feel sorry for him. He was probably molested by a Catholic priest wearing a green beret (or maybe by John Kerry) - that makes everything OK, doesn't it?
Old 11-13-2006, 19:11   #10
Buffalobob
Quiet Professional

That is so funny.
Buffalobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:31   #11
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Why does this poser, fake and piece of crap still hold office?

Levy stands at the center of the storm

By Max Pizarro - September 27, 2007 - 5:37pm

The pressure mounted today on embattled Atlantic City Mayor Robert Levy, and although his press spokesman steadily denied rumors of an impending resignation announcement, the Press of Atlantic City is reporting that Assemblyman Jim Whelan called on Levy to address rumors that he is the target of a federal law enforcement probe.

The mayor for months has been battling backlash from his campaign cycle comments about serving in the Green Berets. Now the rumor on the street in this seaside gambling city is that Levy improperly applied for and received certain military benefits. The mayor did not respond to a call from PoliticsNJ.com to quash those allegations.

"As far as I know, there is no factual basis to him stepping down or resigning," Nick Morici, Levy's press secretary, said early this afternoon.

Levy, who served in Vietnam, received an honorary cap from the elite fighting unit, but was never in the Berets, though he said he was when he ran for office.

Elected in 2005, Levy this year became the target of a recall effort, whose members charge that he's been mostly a no-show mayor. Worse for Levy: a majority of council members lent their signatures to the recall movement.

The Atlantic City native and former lifeguard has had physical problems that recently landed him in the hospital, but has not met much sympathy on the council.

"We had a president named Roosevelt who was in a wheelchair," said Atlantic City Councilman Bruce Ward, who has signed the recall petition. "You can have physical problems and you can surround yourself with competent people who will do a good job for you. The mayor has not done that, and Atlantic City needs so much more."

(Matt Friedman contributed to this report)

http://www.politicsnj.com/levy-stand...er-storm-12215
Old 10-01-2007, 13:55   #12
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

Green Beret & Vietnam:

Another Politican and Liar who got caught,Anyone who was with The U S Army Special Forces in Vietnam would know other Team members or Group members who were there,"Vietnam"and alot of these former Special Forces soldiers go to the Annual Special Forces Association Conventions and Group Reunions and we know each other or have a mutual SF friend who could verify service in Special Forces.Also there is Steve Sherman,& Radix Press 2314 Cheshire Lane Houston,Texas.77018 he can tell you who was and was not in Special Forces in Southeast Asia...Regards,tom kelly
tom kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 18:25   #13
Mosby Raider
Quiet Professional

Yep, he pushed the PTSD button, next thing you know his publicist will make the announcement that he's entering rehab for an alcohol or controlled substance problem.
Reality has far outstripped our ability to satirize it. Unknown
Mosby Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 20:37   #14
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

Update on The "Wannabe" Mayor of A C

On tonights 10/01/07 local news Philadelphia,Channel 6 ABC at 1800 hrs.The Mayor of Atlantic City,Robert Levy is reported as AWOL,MIA and City Council wants him to resign effective immediately.I guess the pressure got to be too much to handle so he bugged out.Will keep you updated on what the local news reports at 2300 hrs.....Regards,tom kelly
tom kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:18   #15
Firebeef
Quiet Professional

Unrelated, but wanted to post this ....this is as good a forum as any.

This Sunday, I had the pleasure of being at the Rockies-Az Diamonbacks game. The Rockies, as most of you know won, and then went on to beat the Padres last night, so it's on to the Phillies!! GO ROCKS!!!

Apparently it was "Serviceman appreciation" day Sunday, so if you were so inclined to wear ACUs, BDUs, Class As or some form of Military Uniform, you could get in for free. Awesome. 5th inning, I was standing next to some US Navy kid, in the tighty whitey costume (sorry Navy guys, I don't know what you call the white semi-dress, short sleeved uniform with the white cracker jack hat). I was wearing a t-shirt and jeans. Kid says Hi, I thank him for his service. I don't know Navy rank for shit, but the kid had one upside down chevron, blue, and the anchor thingey. Only a name tag. Since my son is in a Navy school on an Air Force base, and I had a couple beers in me, I asks the kid "so you home from San Diego or Great Lakes??" (he looked like a recruit to me.) "no sir".... Oh, home from a cruise?? I asks?? "No sir" quite politely and respectfully "I'm in a classified unit" "S'that so??" sez I. lol "do you "Classified Unit" guys normally blurt that out first thing when some stranger asks you a question? I'd hate to think what you would say if they tortured your ass" I replied......an innocent, evil smile on my face. The kid mumbled something about applying for a SEAL support squadron, or something like that, said he needed to use the head, and dissapeared better than ol Harry Houdini.

What is it with people? Can't anyone just be a squid or a grunt? I was sincerely thanking the kid for his service. He's probably just a Yeoman or radioman or who the fuck knows....but whatever it is, it's important..... why ya gotta pull the "classified" "SEAL" or "I'm in Specops" card?

Does ANYONE tell the truth anymore???