Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 03-30-2004, 22:02   #1
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Poetry is for Fags

Just to aggravate the Team Sergeant a little. LOL

Short verses instilling warrior spirit if you please. Please attribute appropriately.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 22:03   #2
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

Isaiah 6:8
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 03-30-2004, 22:03   #3
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

THE MASTER OF THE CARAVAN
But who are ye in rags and rotten shoes,
You dirty-bearded, blocking up the way?

THE PILGRIMS
We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go
Always a little further...

The Golden Journey to Samarkand - James Elroy Flecker 1884-1915
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 03-30-2004, 22:07   #4
pulque
Guerrilla

ok, not poetry, but inspired by the 2 food threads...

"If they wanted me dead, they were going to have to put out more effort than merely watching me starve."
James N. Rowe.
pulque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 22:11   #5
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

I'm the 82nd Airborne, this is as far as the Bastards are going! Pfc. Haught 325GIR in the Ardennes 1944
Old 03-30-2004, 22:14   #6
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

LOL - GREAT Stuff, boff of em.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 03-30-2004, 22:15   #7
DanUCSB
Guerrilla

Fate slew Him, but He did not drop --
She felled -- He did not fall --
Impaled Him on Her fiercest stakes --
He neutralized them all --

She stung Him -- sapped His firm Advance --
But when Her Worst was done
And He -- unmoved regarded Her --
Acknowledged Him a Man.

--Emily Dickinson

If that's not the description of a soldier, I don't know what is.

--Dan
Old 03-30-2004, 22:18   #8
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Ok, Dan, maybe I need to change the titl...Never mind.

BTW, disclaimer: The title of this thread in no way implies any disrespect to the gay community in general or sacamuelas in particular. It refers to the Brit term for cigarettes.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 03-30-2004, 22:19   #9
Gypsy
Area Commander

Without a sign, his sword the brave man draws, and asks no omen, but his country's cause.
~ Homer

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."
~Oliver Wendall Holmes, Jr. "The Solider's Faith"

"I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere."
~Thomas Jefferson

"There is a sobbing of the strong, And a pall upon the land; But the People in their weeping, Bare the iron hand; Beware the People weeping, When they bare the iron hand."
~Herman Melville
Old 03-30-2004, 22:23   #10
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

"Molon Labe!"

Spartan General-King Leonidas to Xerxes, the Persian Emperor who came with 600,000 of the fiercest fighting troops in the world to conquer and invade little Greece
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 03-30-2004, 22:23   #11
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

"Life is no life to him that dares not die,
And death no death to him that dares not live."

-- Sir Henry Newbolt.

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 22:24   #12
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Go tell the Spartans, travelers passing by, that here, obedient to their laws we lie.

Unknown
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 03-30-2004, 22:25   #13
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

"Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. You won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

General George Patton
Old 03-30-2004, 22:25   #14
pulque
Guerrilla

"Freedom is a two edged sword of which one edge is liberty and the other responsibility, on which both edges are exceedingly sharp; and which is not easily handled by casual, cowardly or treacherous hands. For it has been sharpened by many conflicts, tempered in many fires, quenched by much blood, and although it is always ready for the use of the courageous and high hearted, it will not remain when the spirit that forged it is gone."

John Whiteside Parsons
pulque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 22:26   #15
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

"There is no avoiding war, it can only be postponed to the advantage of others."
Niccolo Machiavelli
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?