Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Technical FAQ Forum > KnuckleDragger Questions

Old 03-30-2004, 20:59   #1
Eagle5US
Quiet Professional

Question Help with notebook partitions???

OK computer hooahs...my most awsome bride bought me the latest and greatest Sony VAIO...3+ GHZ, dvd writer, watch and record cable tv the whole shabang...
PROBLEM: has an 80 GB hard drive...partitioned into 15 mb for programs and operating system, and the rest for audio / video.
Thing is, my 15 GB is full and the rest is virtually empty save for about 3 GB of music and 5 of video
I just bought Microsoft Office 2003 and Adobe Photoshop CS and can't install the silly things. Same with some games I purchased.
Tried installing them under other than "C drive programs"...(Partition "D") and nothing will run.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Eagle

Ain't no one getting out of this world alive. All you can do is try to have some choice in the way you go. Prepare yourself (and your affairs), and when your number is up, die on your feet fighting rather than on your knees. And make the SOBs pay dearly."
The Reaper-3 Sep 04
Eagle5US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 04:54   #2
Kyobanim

2 Options:

Preserve the data option - there's an application called partitian magic that will allow expand your partitian without loosing data. Most of the time. I might have that at work where I keep all my 'demo' software. I'll check if you like.

Option 2 - Blow the whole thing away and do it right, 1 partitian, reload everything.

Sony has weird ideas about how people should use their equipment, never could figure out why they did it that way.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."
Optimus Prime
Kyobanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 08:50   #3
DunbarFC
Guerrilla

Partition Magic should do the trick for you

Nice of them to decide how you'll use your PC

If you need more help give a shout
Old 04-07-2004, 09:07   #4
brownapple

You got the notebook with you? I can do it when you are here in a couple of days. Takes not much time at all.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:23   #5
Eagle5US
Quiet Professional

Thumbs up Thanks Gents

Gackman from SOCNET shot me Partition Magic and yep I have my notebook with me GH...
"I be looken forward to bean learnt on dis hare thang"

Eagle

Ain't no one getting out of this world alive. All you can do is try to have some choice in the way you go. Prepare yourself (and your affairs), and when your number is up, die on your feet fighting rather than on your knees. And make the SOBs pay dearly."
The Reaper-3 Sep 04
Eagle5US is offline   Reply With Quote