PDA

View Full Version : Halo Jumpers

hoot72
09-17-2005, 01:46
Photograph of a Seal Halo jumper. I was under the impression this load is quite small.

hoot

The Reaper
09-17-2005, 08:17
It is.

That is a three day-assault pack, not a full ruck.

Loads should be driven by mission requirements.

No other SOF unit launches on missions with the duration of SF.

TR

Footmobile
09-17-2005, 08:32
Picture of a 1/6th scale toy figure? I think so... :lifter

jbour13
09-17-2005, 09:16

Judge for yourselves. :D

http://www.oldjoeinfirmary.com/oji-ht4.htm#2

HOLLiS
09-17-2005, 09:36
!!!

A full ruck would have a much bigger back part ?

FrontSight

yes, and the souls of his boot would have sunken into the concrete a 1/2 inch from the weight. :D

Surgicalcric
09-17-2005, 10:35
Thats pretty funny and some darned good detail on an action figure. The pack is actually a Lightfighter RAID.

Frontsight, here is one of the 1/6th action figured with a large Ruck.

Crip

The Reaper
09-17-2005, 11:57
Judge for yourselves. :D

http://www.oldjoeinfirmary.com/oji-ht4.htm#2

Is that a chick in the Marine figure (3rd FSSG)?

TR

The Reaper
09-17-2005, 12:01
!!!

A full ruck would have a much bigger back part ?

FrontSight

You need to do some research.

He is jumping a front mounted assault pack. And his weapon is not yet rigged.

A full sized ruck would be much larger overall, and would ride lower.

War story:

I stood on the ramp of a C-141 over Grenada for a HALO jump with a 55 lb. parachute rig, a 135 lb. ruck, a 30 lb. vest, and an 8 lb. rifle. That was among the lightest rucks on the team, as we normally tried to keep the loaded jumper weights as close as possible.

TR

jbour13
09-17-2005, 12:02
Is that a chick in the Marine figure (3rd FSSG)?

TR

I believe so sir. Judging by the photos behind the toy and looking at the toy itself it looks to be an XY. Or could be a gender confused troop given the lipstick. Very tactical. :rolleyes:

Why?

CoLawman
09-17-2005, 12:04
War story:

I stood on the ramp of a C-141 over Grenada for a HALO jump with a 55 lb. parachute rig, a 135 lb. ruck, a 30 lb. vest, and an 8 lb. rifle. That was among the lightest rucks on the team, as we normally tried to keep the loaded jumper weights as close as possible.

TR[/QUOTE]

And?

The rest of the story!!!!

Brother Rat
09-17-2005, 13:14
:D U.S. Army Special Force "Green Beret"
http://www.ojitoys.com/images-hottoys/sf-gb.jpg

Note the tats.

Razor
09-17-2005, 13:28
:D U.S. Army Special Force "Green Beret"

Note the tats.

They made a toy version of That Java Dude! :D

As for the USMC FSSG figure, she's gonna have some fun jumping with those shears and chemlights just stuck in her PALS webbing. :rolleyes:

The Reaper
09-17-2005, 13:31
And?

The rest of the story!!!!

We were shooting for a soccer field between the mountains and the Caribbean. A highway and parallel power lines along the beach further complicated the jump. The DZ was literally less than 150 yards wide, with little room for error.

There were low clouds and we made at least four passes starting at 12,000 feet with my Team Sergeant trying to see land anywhere, while we stood at the hinge of the C-141's ramp. We finally broke through at 2500 feet, by which point, we were crowding the ramp.

I was pumped and tired of standing around, so I yelled to the TS, "F**k it, let's go anyway!" He gives me a non-standard slow shake of his index finger before giving the "No Jump" signal of a head shake and a hand across the throat.

By the time we got on the ground, I had had sufficient time to think about the wisdom of jumping with an overload of combat equipment 1000 feet below our normal OPENING altitude.

I told the TS, "Hmm, thanks for making the right call there, Mike."

He says, "No worries, Boss, that is what good SF NCOs are for, to keep you young guys out of trouble."

I learned a lot from that man, and the rest of the team.

TR

The Reaper
09-17-2005, 13:36
As for the USMC FSSG figure, she's gonna have some fun jumping with those shears and chemlights just stuck in her PALS webbing. :rolleyes:

Turns into one of those "explodes on opening" figures with all of the loose gear detaching itself and littering the DZ.

TR

CoLawman
09-17-2005, 17:14
We were shooting for a soccer field between the mountains and the Caribbean. A highway and parallel power lines along the beach further complicated the jump. The DZ was literally less than 150 yards wide, with little room for error.

There were low clouds and we made at least four passes starting at 12,000 feet with my Team Sergeant trying to see land anywhere, while we stood at the hinge of the C-141's ramp. We finally broke through at 2500 feet, by which point, we were crowding the ramp.

I was pumped and tired of standing around, so I yelled to the TS, "F**k it, let's go anyway!" He gives me a non-standard slow shake of his index finger before giving the "No Jump" signal of a head shake and a hand across the throat.

By the time we got on the ground, I had had sufficient time to think about the wisdom of jumping with an overload of combat equipment 1000 feet below our normal OPENING altitude.

I told the TS, "Hmm, thanks for making the right call there, Mike."

He says, "No worries, Boss, that is what good SF NCOs are for, to keep you young guys out of trouble."

I learned a lot from that man, and the rest of the team.

TR

Thanks! Your jump could have added to the tragedy of the SEALS that day.

hoot72
09-17-2005, 17:21
Thanks guys...was wondering myself how that photo looked so perfect. Didnt realize it was a toy.

hoot

The Reaper
09-17-2005, 17:37
Thanks! Your jump could have added to the tragedy of the SEALS that day.

It wasn't during Urgent Fury.

TR

frostfire
09-17-2005, 22:10

hey FS, it won't hurt your sales dept. to have HAK on those toy figures?

....but then again, you may choose to be reclusive for the same reason you refused the fine gentlemen manning a HAK booth during BLADE

CoLawman
09-19-2005, 20:26
It wasn't during Urgent Fury.

TR

Understood!

longtab
10-10-2005, 09:00
Thats pretty funny and some darned good detail on an action figure. The pack is actually a Lightfighter RAID.

Frontsight, here is one of the 1/6th action figured with a large Ruck.

Crip

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4821

Uh whoa... correct me if I'm wrong, but are those RUCK STRAPS (all right JM's... left & right adjustable shoulder carrying straps) around his legs? Come on... doesn't that toy company know anything? ;)

Team Sergeant
10-10-2005, 09:11
Uh whoa... correct me if I'm wrong, but are those RUCK STRAPS (all right JM's... left & right adjustable shoulder carrying straps) around his legs? Come on... doesn't that toy company know anything? ;)

Longtab,

You have Static Line JM School on the brain and what can be commonly referred to as situational awareness overload.
This is the very reason alcoholic beverages were invented. I highly recommend copious amounts of the adult beverage of your choice combined with a few days of gratuitous sex (with a bipedal partner) and you should be on your feet in no time.
We’re here to help brother.

Team Sergeant

longtab
10-10-2005, 09:27
Longtab,

You have Static Line JM School on the brain and what can be commonly referred to as situational awareness overload.
This is the very reason alcoholic beverages were invented. I highly recommend copious amounts of the adult beverage of your choice combined with a few days of gratuitous sex (with a bipedal partner) and you should be on your feet in no time.
We’re here to help brother.

Team Sergeant

Thanks TS... sniff, sniff... it means alot. The nightmares won't stop! I tried to relax and go out to dinner with my wife last night and she asked me to adjust her slide-fastener-tab-thong... err, 'zipper' on her dress. It was then I realized I had a problem. Thanks for the support, need... more... beer... :D

The Reaper
10-10-2005, 09:55
Ah yes, the dreaded "Noun-Nomenclature Fixation Syndrome".

You will recover. Just drag it out when you need it, at the appropriate place and time.

TR

QRQ 30
10-10-2005, 10:08
Showing my age again but I always saw the ruck behind the legs. ;)

tracer
10-10-2005, 14:34
Turns into one of those "explodes on opening" figures with all of the loose gear detaching itself and littering the DZ.

TR

You aren't kidding!! I had a jump from a C-17 going into Egypt. First time we had jumped out of one. I hit my butt on the walkway outside of the door. I still had a good tight body position but still twirled around and cartweeled a bit. I clearly remember my etool flying out of its cover and flying around a bit in front of me, almost in front of my face. It was a good thing I had it tied off as per SOP (and with a short piece of 550) :D

just a little story for all who would be reading this why ya literally have to tie everything down.

skibum
10-14-2005, 14:00
...and did you notice the "Choking Hazard" disclaimer on the BAM jumper's box? Take it seriously.

I have 4 case files and one filing for the DA's office ruined due to an unanticipated coffee/oro-pharangeal airway interface mishap.

Phantom
12-30-2005, 02:37
Yeah, that was funny, did you see what was even "funnier?" Incase you missed it read the NAME OF THE PICTURE FILE...

BAM (http://www.ojitoys.com/images-hottoys/female-ranger.jpg)

...and did you notice the "Choking Hazard" disclaimer on the BAM jumper's box? Take it seriously.

I have 4 case files and one filing for the DA's office ruined due to an unanticipated coffee/oro-pharangeal airway interface mishap.

skibum
12-30-2005, 09:16
Ha! I did miss it. Good eye!