PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call

Pages : [1] 2

The Reaper
01-22-2004, 20:17
Gents:

I am tired of looking at this empty forum, since I suspect that we outnumber these other guys combined.

Could we get a roll call of the 7th SFGA guys on here?

Presente, Senor!

Eagle5US
01-22-2004, 20:41
Originally posted by SFG
Gents:

I am tired of looking at this empty forum, since I suspect that we outnumber these other guys combined.

Could we get a roll call of the 7trh SFGA guys on here?

SFG, Presente, Senor!
Si!!! Yo Tambien!!!

Medico

The Reaper
01-22-2004, 20:44
Aw, Hell!

There are three of us from the same team, MOL.

What are the odds? :D

NousDefionsDoc
01-22-2004, 20:55
Presente y firme!

The Reaper
01-22-2004, 20:58
You know, I STILL hate the Honduran National Anthem, from those early morning wake-ups outside Santa Rosa de Copan.

I have been out on the Mata Mile the last few days, and I told one of the ladies in the office about the SGM's cutoff down by the bridge.

Oops, hijack in progress!!

Doc
01-22-2004, 21:10
Roll call

I'm here!

SGM Cutoff, no way!

NousDefionsDoc
01-22-2004, 21:19
CSM cutoff LOL a company SGM wouldn't do that.

Hey SFG, I forget to tell you I got an email from your old Senior Commo Man a few days ago. Contact restablished! Our 20 year reunion is coming up.

The Reaper
01-22-2004, 21:35
Originally posted by HFCUIDOC
CSM cutoff LOL a company SGM wouldn't do that.

Hey SFG, I forget to tell you I got an email from your old Senior Commo Man a few days ago. Contact restablished! Our 20 year reunion is coming up.

No, but a lazy Battalion CSM sure would take the short way home.

I got a note from Jerry as well. He said that he is in touch with Dale and Bob V. (before your time). Emailed JT this week. Mike W. Is back in the box as a contractor, IIRC. Thack is still around here as well, I believe. Get mail from Gary O. regularly. I think Butch is somewhere around here, if anyone cares. You probably know what Mark S. is up to. Joe P. was still in Leavenworth, last I heard, and Tony G. got out, but I have no idea where he is. Opie got put out as well. Tim V. is retired and is an instructor at SWCS. Cisco M. called me one day to complain. Rod called me to ask for a job reference a few years ago. No idea on Bob G. or Big Head.

NousDefionsDoc
01-22-2004, 21:40
I got an email from Bighead just a couple of days ago, said he was going to get back with me and get caught up, but he hasn't yet. I remember Dale. Bob G. and Butch can get bent. LOL

If you would could you PM me Gary's email? I'd like to say hi.

Thack should be here. Funny SOB. So should Poor Little Sick Timmy.

I haven't heard from Mark since he left. Jerry says he hasn't either.

The Reaper
01-22-2004, 21:53
Thanks for the update. I would have thought that Mark would have stayed in touch with you.

PM sent.

You want to do a 20th, I am all over it!

NousDefionsDoc
01-22-2004, 21:57
I think a 20th would be a great idea. And there's just about enough time to set it up. It'll take us two years to break some of them out of the pen. LOL

The Reaper
01-22-2004, 22:22
Or we could just all meet up in the Joint, depending whether most were in, or out.

Go to bed, amigo. Big day tomorrow.

IMUA
01-23-2004, 02:15
Another 7th Group alumni signing in....

RB

BMT (RIP)
01-23-2004, 06:40
Here!!

"70-'72

BMT

Guy
01-23-2004, 08:43
Hogs!:p

The Reaper
01-23-2004, 09:35
I'm sorry, I was busy sipping a rum and coke after dancing with a winsome young senorita, sat down wrong on my briefcase carrying my Travel Advance and missed what you said.

Could you get the sand out of your mouth and repeat it?

Guy
01-23-2004, 10:34
That's exactly why we hated you all.

I could not fill out a TDY voucher to save my life, when I got SWC...had to have a 7th guy fill it all the time.:(

Psywar1-0
01-23-2004, 15:20
Support Pouge present

Jimbo
01-23-2004, 15:43
Disregard.
My apologies.

NousDefionsDoc
01-23-2004, 16:53
Jimbo, no full names. Rank first name last initial only please.

Eagle5US
01-23-2004, 17:30
MARK B.
previously the fastest 18E I ever saw tap...went to the ASOT committee after 755....

The Eagle

froglegz
01-23-2004, 19:32
hey... just got this link from b oliph.... who is here????

The Reaper
01-23-2004, 19:38
Originally posted by jerry morris
hey... just got this link from b oliph.... who is here????

Check your PMs, Jerry.

Four from ODA 754, who will be the first to put a team together?

We have an 18A, 18E, and TWO 18Ds already!

froglegz
01-23-2004, 19:39
am i the only one left????

froglegz
01-23-2004, 20:11
so who is still around???? bob v is here, dale is a bit south of here, i am told hutch visits periodically, and some of the boys we had early are still around also......

The Reaper
01-23-2004, 20:38
JT is still in 7th. I think he was just selected for SGM.

I am in SWCS. Tim V is out at Range 37 as a contractor.

Robey is at SOCOM.

Everyone else is out, or in jail, as we discussed recently.

I did see Kuebler from time to time, though I think he is out as well.

Let me know if there is anyone in particular.

froglegz
01-23-2004, 20:44
if you want to plan an event then i will contact the guys in this area and you can get the ones there... wherever we get the most interest gets the bid... a plan would be maybe memorial day... appropriate enuff eh!!! where is bill o???

The Reaper
01-23-2004, 21:01
South of the Border, physically, but his electronic golem will be along presently.

froglegz
01-23-2004, 21:14
i will hang on for a bit just to say hi.....

The Reaper
01-23-2004, 21:37
i will hang on for a bit just to say hi.....

Jerry:

Just look for HFCUIDOC or whatever he calls himself here to log on, or PM him and ask him to email you when he is awake.

TR

Basenshukai
01-24-2004, 10:54
ODA 783

"Present!"

The Reaper
01-24-2004, 12:22
Originally posted by Basenshukai
ODA 783

"Present!"

B:

Welcome aboard!

Please share the story of your first encounter with the Bn CSM, if you wouldn't mind.

I can see myself getting into a position like that and it was hilarious.

Also, would love to see a post on the SFAS/SFQC Forum with your experiences and after you complete SFAUCC, a down and dirty on that for those who haven't been through it.

You have a differing perspective on it from me, and I would like to know what you honestly think about the training.

Glad to have you here.

Basenshukai
01-24-2004, 12:56
So no shit, there I was ...

It was like 0530 and I was looking for a parking spot. My Team Sergeant had warned me about making sure I looked for the "designated" parking spots before I pissed someone off. So, it's still dark and raining and I'm hopelessly driving around for a spot somewhat closer to the company.

[For those that don't know, 3rd Bn's area has been under construction for some time, so we have a lot less parking spots than anyone else]

So, I see this great parking spot just in front of the BC's spot and I look around for a painted sign but see nothing [unbeknownst to me, the water had pooled on the ground where the CSMs parking spot sign was painted, so all the dirt and mud obscured it]. So, I park there and pat myself on the back for my lucky find ... and soooo close to the company too!

Well, as I get back from a PT run with the team, I see some "knucklehead" walking away from having just parked his vehicle which is now blocking my car. So, I tell the Team Sergeant that I'll see him later and walk over to "confront" this guy. Well, as I walk towards my vehicle, he begins to walk away from it (kind of pissed off, I might add). I see this yellow note on my windshield. I take and read it and it reads the following: "Sir, you may one day park in the Battalion Commander's spot, but you have long ago thrown away the opportunity to park in mine!!! Come see me!!! Signed BN CSM" My brain begins to process the information ... "Who the fuck is BN CS ... Oh My God!!!" Well, by this time, the BN CSM noticed that it was my vehicle and he approached me. Well, long story short, I appologized - a lot - and he told me that it's happened before because many people don't see the sign. He also offered me to come by his office to chat sometime. It turned out OK ... and that was my first day on an ODA. :)

CPTAUSRET
01-24-2004, 13:00
GREAT story:

Could have turned out much worse, much much worse!!

Terry

The Reaper
01-24-2004, 13:18
B:

I'd take him up on the offer.

He may tell you things it would take a long time to figure out on your own, or he may be full of BS, but till you go see him, you will never know.

Nothing like leaving a good first impression!

Show up early for the meeting, and try out his chair, with your feet on his desk for a follow-up.

NousDefionsDoc
01-24-2004, 13:41
Definitely go see him and before he forgets.

Hey Jer. Welcome!

froglegz
01-24-2004, 13:52
b: listen to sfg... he learned the hard way. the team had to beat it into him...... but he loved every minute of it...

good to hear from you bill.... mail me

The Reaper
01-24-2004, 14:16
b: listen to sfg... he learned the hard way. the team had to beat it into him...... but he loved every minute of it...

This, from a man who painted a smiley face on his bare ass and posed bent over behind the CSM's desk with the CSM's very own beret perched on the small of his back and had a photo taken for the CSM's farewell gift.

Where was the "adult leadership"?

The Team Sergeant was bent over beside him with the Battalion Commander's beret on HIS ass for the photo!

Well, the CSM WAS an idiot. Wonder why those guys didn't like us?

I think I have a copy of that pic around here somewhere....

NousDefionsDoc
01-24-2004, 14:20
LOL - Top Secret Op that one was. Calling that man an idiot is being kind.

Remember when they tried to hit his rental car with the bundle drop in Arizona?

Same CSM when I reported to Group. So Group sends me to Battalion. The Company areas were in a different AO. I report in to Battalion, meet the BC, then get a briefing from CSM Idiot. When I walk outside, there's an E7 waiting there to take me to the company. Now remember, I came out of the 82nd and was a Buck Sergeant at the time, a 1LT or SSG was next to GOD. I was still nervous from having actually spoken to a LTC and a CSM, and now an E7 is picking me up? So this SFC says
"What's up Doc, welcome to 7th Group, heard some about you."
"Roger that Sergeant!"
"Did you get briefed by the CSM?"
"Roger that Sergeant!"
"Forget everthing that idiot said."
"Roger that Sergeant!"
"Three more things. My name is Jerry. You call me Sergeant again and we're gonna have a problem. #2, stop yelling, I'm not deaf. And #3, grow some hair, you look like a Marine. Let's go."
"Roger that Sergeant!"

LOL

froglegz
01-24-2004, 14:26
and least we forget the coconuts he tried to smuggle back onto pope afb.... and the time sgm g caught two of our finest pissing in his luggage after breaking the lock off.

and i still tell the story of neanderthal nate crapping under the glass on his desk.... great one but ray took a big hit for that one.

The Reaper
01-24-2004, 15:05
I thought that Nate was the one who took the "special late night call" in his office, and painted his desk.

Someone else left the Plexiglas desk cover Rorschach Fecal Blot Test for him, IIRC.

Hey Jerry, remember this?

froglegz
01-24-2004, 15:17
that was one of those "priceless" moments. that man will forever live in the minds of those who were there. whenever i visit f'ville i try to get by the spr lake post office to tell him what an asshole he is. missed him the last time but did pass him on the way down nc24. got him to roll his window down and call him a cocksucker. he just looked confused and i kept going.
childish i know but oh so rewarding.........:)

NousDefionsDoc
01-24-2004, 15:21
"I'll bet you a case of beer he makes up a word before he finishes his speech."

LOL

Basenshukai
01-24-2004, 16:27
Originally posted by SFG
B:
... or he may be full of BS, but till you go see him, you will never know...

As it turns out, the men hold our BN CSM in very high regard. By all accounts he is a warrior.

The Reaper
01-24-2004, 17:38
Originally posted by HFCUIDOC
"I'll bet you a case of beer he makes up a word before he finishes his speech."

LOL

CSM (Second lowest GT score in the battalion, verified): "Now menses, allegibly, supposably, dey be Go-Tex at de PDO."

ODA Member: "Hey, what the heck is the Property Disposal Office doing with OUR Gore-Tex?

Other ODA Member: He meant PBO, dammit, PLEASE don't ask him any questions.

ODA Member: Oh, okay, never mind.

Jerry, I told this one on another board, but here it is for you.

CSM BT retires, Tony G. runs into him at Cross Creek Mall.

Pleasantries exchanged, BT asks Tony, "Hey, I was a pretty good CSM wasn't I?"

Tony G.: Sergeant Major, you weren't worth a F**K!

Martinez
01-24-2004, 17:46
I like the stories, Gentlemen.

As for the roll call, my ex husband was with 7th SFGA. ODA-712. CPT. Daniel C

Jennifer Martinez sends

The Reaper
01-24-2004, 17:59
Jen:

I am glad that we get to claim you.

You can hang with us anytimne.

Martinez
01-24-2004, 18:32
That sounds good, thanks!

Jennifer sends

Cazador 01
01-25-2004, 17:14
My subscription ran out, any ideas?

The Reaper
01-25-2004, 17:23
Yeah, leave Ivan Ivanovitch's banana trees alone.

(old 3/7 story)

TR

BMT (RIP)
01-25-2004, 18:09
CSM. D. C. was Gp. SGM. Running the MM one morning and caught up with D. I had forgotten he had just gotten out of Womack. Doc's had fixed his knees from too many standing landings and then flipped him over and fixed his 'rroids.

We were runing along together and I kept increasing the pace and D. hung in there on the run.

I got cleaned up,ate and went to work. S-3 SGM came in where I worked and ask did I run that morning with the Gp. CSM. Yep i sure did we had a good run!!

My SGM said he had can down and ask what ny name was because he couldn't rember, and you tell that long legged MOFO
if he catch's me again just keep on running.

My mile time way back then was 5:15-5:45,with boots and 'tigue pants.

BMT
Sr. FOG

The Reaper
01-25-2004, 18:36
I guess it is a good thing I am a fair shot.

I couldn't break 6:00, buck assed nekkid, in $300 running shoes, with a pack of Rottweilers on my ass, without using wheels, a motor, or a push out of an aircraft.

TR

BMT (RIP)
01-25-2004, 18:52
TR when you get back from RVN and weigh 135lbs and can bend over and still squirt shit over an 8' chain link fence,running wasn't a problem!!

BMT
Sr. FOG

longrange1947
01-26-2004, 19:57
OK, checking in late due to TDY in the mountains.

Will try to hang with you young guys but the mountains were a bit cold for my old butt. :D

The Reaper
01-26-2004, 20:18
Bridgeport?

TR

longrange1947
01-26-2004, 20:30
Hathway (sp?) Great little place. Would recommend it for ALL teams to do training. they can not do enough for you and you have hugh training areas for live fire, mountain, desert, etc training. They will give you your own ammo bunker and work with you as much as possible.

Only draw back is that gambling is legal in Nevada so clsoe hold your money! :)

desafiamos
02-01-2004, 10:42
yo presente.

longrange1947
02-01-2004, 10:59
Originally posted by longrange1947
Hathway (sp?) Great little place. Would recommend it for ALL teams to do training. they can not do enough for you and you have hugh training areas for live fire, mountain, desert, etc training. They will give you your own ammo bunker and work with you as much as possible.

Only draw back is that gambling is legal in Nevada so clsoe hold your money! :)

Do not know where I got Hathaway! Name of the place is Hawthorne! It is in Neveda about 2 hours form Reno. We stayed at a place called Fallon Naval Air Station. Good rooms and is very noisy as the Naval Top Gun School is located there.

IMUA
02-01-2004, 13:08
Welcome Bro. I always said you needed a "little help" with your land navigation!:D
I called and spoke with Christina last week....so I'm up to speed.
PM me...I've got some news.

Take care.

RB

desafiamos
02-01-2004, 13:26
I´m on it. Thanks Bro.

CRad
02-01-2004, 15:33
Some of you know my husband. He was 2nd and 3rd Bn in 7th Grp (765, 741 to name a couple tm) Now at SOCSOUTH. If this is not the right place my apologies.

longrange1947
02-01-2004, 19:32
Sounds like the right place to me. Welcome.

CPTAUSRET
02-02-2004, 13:26
CRad:

It is difficult keeping track of everyone what with all the pseudonyms, but I think I know you, correct?

Terry

CRad
02-02-2004, 14:58
Originally posted by CPTAUSRET
CRad:

It is difficult keeping track of everyone what with all the pseudonyms, but I think I know you, correct?

Terry

Terry -
I'm CMR on SocNet. The other half uses my log-ins once in a blue moon so it seemed fair to have one that covered both of us. He's always so busy, but every now and then he has a little down time. There are always good threads going on that he knows a little something about.

CPTAUSRET
02-02-2004, 15:17
That's what I figured:

Glad you are here:

Terry

AngelsSix
02-03-2004, 09:34
Hey, Scotty's mom is here, you guys better behave, LOL!!

Hiya CMR, er I mean CRad......dang, it's going to take me forever to get all these names straight!!:D

CSB
02-05-2004, 12:50
Greetings from former 1LT Charles S. Bloodworth. Sorry, no habla espanol, when I was in SFOD A-752 (1975-1976) we were Korea oriented following the inactivation of the 1st SF Group at Okinawa. We were kimchee eaters.

It's been so long I won't hesitate to post a photo of my Detachment:
http://members.aol.com/cbjpegs/formation.jpg

More pics in the Inactivated Groups Forum.

CRad
02-05-2004, 14:48
Welcome to the board CSB. I recognize the Capt on your team. I met him about 10, 12 years after that picture was taken. He's a great guy.

Eagle5US
02-05-2004, 14:55
Good to have you here CSB...didn't Medina make CSM eventually???

The Eagle
7th (89-94)

CSB
02-05-2004, 16:21
They were all fine guys. The "class clown" on the team was SSG Herbert. He, like me, was from Louisiana (a cajun) so the correct pronunciation of his name was "A-Bear."

He would always try and come up with some excuse not to go to the woods, so the standing joke was:

Q. "Does a bear shit in the woods?"
A. "No, cause "A-Bear" don't go to the woods!"

For those who appreciate cajun language and grammar, here's another:

A New Orleans teacher is testing her students.

Teacher: "Boudreaux, what dat Dan'l Boone kill hisself?"

Boudreux: "Teacha, dat Dan'l Boone kill hisself a Cajun!"

Teacher: "No No, Dan'l Boone kill hisself a bear."

Boudreux: "Well den, if Herbert ain't Cajun, what he are!?"

desafiamos
02-09-2004, 08:03
My wife is from there. She thinks that everyone who was born north of I- 10 is a yankee. A damn yankee according to her is one who came down to Louisiana and stayed.
I read this one to her and she asked me "so , what is da point?" :D

CPTAUSRET
02-09-2004, 11:23
CSB:

Nic pic, good Cajun humor!

Terry

CPTAUSRET
02-09-2004, 11:26
Originally posted by desafiamos
My wife is from there. She thinks that everyone who was born north of I- 10 is a yankee. A damn yankee according to her is one who came down to Louisiana and stayed.
I read this one to her and she asked me "so , what is da point?" :D
desafiamos:

Your wife, she really talk lak dat??

Terry

CSB
02-09-2004, 13:11
CRad:

Here's another pic of CPT Harris (on the right), as we prepared to cross the Continental Divide on skis (living in snow caves). Not very S.A. oriented, but prudent skills for Korea/China.

http://members.aol.com/cbjpegs/Eldora.jpg

Training was courtesy of the National Guard SF Group in Denver, CO.

The NCO on the left is SFC Gabriel. He died later that year (1976) in a SCUBA/submarine accident off the coast of Korea teaching ROK's SF how to lock out of the USS Grayback.

CRad
02-09-2004, 13:49
Thanks CSB! It's different to hear Tom called Capt. I met him after he was a Col.

In '88 he had to face down a group of wives and tell them the guys weren't going to be redeployed back home in time for Christmas. He did it though, and without flinching.

Even after he was out of the military the job he took allowed him to look out for soldiers. He's a real good guy as far as I'm concerned.

desafiamos
02-09-2004, 14:11
Originally posted by CPTAUSRET
desafiamos:

Your wife, she really talk lak dat??

Terry

Nah, Terry, you know her. She only sound like dat when she be mad at me. :D

CPTAUSRET
02-09-2004, 14:32
Originally posted by desafiamos
Nah, Terry, you know her. She only sound like dat when she be mad at me. :D

So, it could be pretty often:LOL

Terry

avispón rojo
02-09-2004, 23:08
just checking in...new to the board and new to group...C/2/7

johni

NousDefionsDoc
02-09-2004, 23:15
Welcome. I was in C 2/7 a long time ago for a short while due to a restructuring plan gone awry.

CSB
02-11-2004, 16:35
After almost 30 years I found my former A Team Commander at my old University. What a great invention is the internet. Gave him a phone call today, and today I see he is the newest member of the web site. He confirmed MSG Medina made CSM, He also remembered the op in Denver, and us smuggling Coors beer back in the C-141 (this when Coors was unavailable east of the Mississippi). Ever notice how a case of beer will fit neatly into a C-Ration box/sleeve?

CRad
02-11-2004, 20:18
Good Job on getting him here CSB! Good to "see" him again.

NousDefionsDoc
02-11-2004, 20:22
So it is him CRad?

CRad
02-11-2004, 21:29
I don't know NDD. If he asks how my grades are then they answer is yes.

Mike792
03-05-2004, 08:51
C-2-7, and C-3-7.

longrange1947
03-06-2004, 06:19
Originally posted by Mike792
C-2-7, and C-3-7.

Hey Mike, glad to see you. How goes the excitement?

NousDefionsDoc
03-06-2004, 11:14
Originally posted by Mike792
C-2-7, and C-3-7.

Welcome home brother.

Team Sergeant
03-08-2004, 09:11
Welcome Mike!

Team Sergeant

(I've got to get more 5th Groupers on here!);)

cargo_drop
03-15-2004, 17:44
YO, GANG ---

I BEEZ DA FNG -- JUST REGISTERED --

ANYONE HERE FROM 7TH GROUP IN '62-'64 RANGE?

HEARD ABOUT Y'ALL ON THE SF LIST (TEAMHOUSE) --

DAMNED GOOD LOOKING SITE! SOMEBODY DID SOME WORK!

CARGO DROP, LISTENING OUT!

Team Sergeant
03-15-2004, 17:47
Way too many 7th Gp guys on here!!!!!

Welcome Cargo Drop!

Team Sergeant

(former 5th Gp guy...)

NousDefionsDoc
03-15-2004, 17:53
No such thing as too many 7th Group guys Team Sergeant.

Welcome cargo drop!

CRad
03-15-2004, 18:43
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
No such thing as too many 7th Group guys Team Sergeant.

What talent for stating the obvious, but I couldn't have said it better myself.

Welcome to the board cargo drop. We need all the 7th Grp guys we can get.

CSB
03-15-2004, 21:18
So such thing as too many red flashes.

CPTAUSRET
03-16-2004, 11:53
Welcome, cargo drop:

Terry

gchief
03-20-2004, 21:04
772 ('94-'98) Montanes presente y en el cumbre!
Chief

DarkWatch
03-22-2004, 17:39
"I have been out on the Mata Mile the last few days, and I told one of the ladies in the office about the SGM's cutoff down by the bridge."

Don't know your story about the SGM "cutoff" but we used to use it when we were ordered to edge the sidewalks at the Main PX, (now the MiniMall) after PT when we had scheduled training. Just increased the running pace....

NousDefions794
03-20-2005, 12:19
Septimo Grupo en la casa!

NousDefions794

Doc
03-20-2005, 15:21
"I have been out on the Mata Mile the last few days, and I told one of the ladies in the office about the SGM's cutoff down by the bridge."

Don't know your story about the SGM "cutoff" but we used to use it when we were ordered to edge the sidewalks at the Main PX, (now the MiniMall) after PT when we had scheduled training. Just increased the running pace....

This post just made me smile. I have not thought about this spot for years.

Add me to the roll call.

Doc

SP5IC
03-27-2005, 09:03
I did my time in E Company of the 7th in 1966. Got to ride in a sub and pull KP 40 times in eight months.

cargo_drop
03-27-2005, 10:40
I don't know if it was KP or Guard Duty that I did the most of ----- All I'm sure of is that EVERY time I did Guard Duty, the weather was MISERABLE!

Charlie765
04-13-2005, 18:42
Finally got around to signing up. Some of you already know me. Hello TR and CRad. For those that don't I spent my time in 7th, 1st SOCOM, SWC and JOTC.
I like guns, knives and long paddles in the moonlight. I don't like sun, sand and no see ums. I won't post often, as I usually don't have much to say. I've been out of the business for a long time, but I still enjoy keeping up with what's going on.

Charles (Chuck) C.

abc_123
04-13-2005, 21:05
checking in

'96-'98

Blancovino
04-24-2005, 09:12
Hi to all,
Anyone here from the 2nd Btn, Co A 7th Special forces group. I was in from 1975-1980. Always looing for some old friends. I was Sgt. Leonard.

CRad
04-25-2005, 17:43
Hi to all,
I was Sgt. Leonard.

There was a Leonard over in 3/7.
C

kgoerz
09-11-2005, 16:50
A-1-7/C-3-7

Warrior-Mentor
09-12-2005, 11:49
Checking in ...

SEP1997 to May2001 3/7 SFG(A)
9 Mos as Bn S4
2 Years as Det Cdr for ODA 773
rest as Bn AS3...

JM

Baldfox
09-12-2005, 15:07
Reference Roll call Was in the 7th in ist Bn then transferred to USJFKCENMA G3 as asst Opns Sgt to SGM John Kessling., Col Robert A. Mountel wasthe G3 at the time.

longrange1947
09-12-2005, 18:14
Welcome all.

Keith give NDD a ration of s**t just for me. :D

one-zero
09-14-2005, 15:34
Hi Rick, K.Goerz! Of course now that we're gone they think of moving 7th to Florida, bastards!

One-Zero (7th Gp); decade worth of ODA split between 1/7th and CIF...miss that Panama living, truly the end of an era for SF. Sadly appropriate it closed the last day of the old millenium.
1-0
BT AR

terradactyl1
12-21-2006, 09:42
Duffy (B/2/7)
Checking in with you!

NousDefionsDoc
12-21-2006, 10:09
Duffy (B/2/7)
Checking in with you!
Check your PMs

Z731
12-26-2006, 18:17
FIRME!!

HALO Medic
03-24-2007, 23:56
viva cochabamba y santa cruz

SP5IC
03-25-2007, 04:43
"E" Company of the 7th - 1966

DarkWatch
04-05-2007, 06:40
Retired...but wearing my 7th Group hat today!

TexasSF
04-11-2007, 22:00
ODA 762 '92 -'94 18B
ODA 753 '95 -'98 18D

Steve M.

Counsel
04-13-2007, 16:12
Just a brief introduction. I am from Puerto Rico, some of you may have been stationed here. My wife’s uncle is an Lt. Colonel (Retied) that worked in the 7th Group fligth detachment back in the 80s and her cousin’s ex husband is a current SF 180A 7th Group member, previously station in PR.

Shutting down and listening until spoke to.

Saludos,

JGA

The Reaper
04-13-2007, 19:25
Just a brief introduction. I am from Puerto Rico, some of you may have been stationed here. My wife’s uncle is an SF 7th Group Colonel (Retied) and her cousin’s ex husband is a current SF 180A 7th Group member, previously station in PR.

Shutting down and listening until spoke to.

Saludos,

JGA

This is the sign in for 7th Group members and former members, Counsel.

TR

CL31542
04-14-2007, 09:23
OD A-50 '71-'72
ODA 7-4 '72-'73

SF_BHT
06-02-2007, 12:34
Well not a lot of us but I am checking in.
Retired but still working in LA.
BT

ZUG_master
06-02-2007, 20:34
1987-89
ODA 772
ODA 774

SFS0AVN
06-03-2007, 12:42
Is there room for an old 7th SFG guy here? The name is Joe F. I came to E/7th SFG out of Training Group 1963 as a SF Medic 911.73. E Company later formed A/3rd SFG. See Ya,

one-zero
06-03-2007, 13:50
Joe,
Always room for another 7th grouper in this room...but you gotta change that 'patchwork' flash you put in your post to the 7Th SFG one or we might have the indig come after you!
1-0

SFS0AVN
06-03-2007, 14:05
Joe,
Always room for another 7th grouper in this room...but you gotta change that 'patchwork' flash you put in your post to the 7Th SFG one or we might have the indig come after you!
1-0

Sorry about that. I changed it to an OLD flash. A little 7th SF history.

one-zero
06-03-2007, 14:13
Sorry about that. I changed it to an OLD flash. A little 7th SF history.

Joe - that's pretty neat. I spent most of my formative years with 7th and don't recall seeing that flash. Thanks,
1-0

SFS0AVN
06-03-2007, 15:42
Joe - that's pretty neat. I spent most of my formative years with 7th and don't recall seeing that flash. Thanks,
1-0

That is the 77th SFG Flash and crest. The 77th was designated the 7th SFG on 20 May 1960.

mconrad
06-06-2007, 19:43
Presently HSC 3/7 SFG(A) here.

pennywise
09-23-2007, 07:52
Pretty long roll call! I am also checking in as a former 7TH GROUPER. Hey guys! En que puedo sevir les? :D

Richard
09-23-2007, 20:04
3 tours in the 7th with time spent in LA, SEA, Africa. I consider the 7th to be my "home" Group.

DeOpresso
10-08-2007, 14:21
Roll Call even from an old guy?

longrange1947
10-08-2007, 20:35
DeOpresso - Welcome, but read the stickies, sign in at the introductions and fill out your profile.

Zorro
10-26-2007, 15:16
Current B/3/7th here.

SalCa02
11-23-2007, 23:56
Just graduated the course and on my way to 7th Group. Hope they got room for one more Echo!

DeOpresso
11-27-2007, 13:35
Old 7th guy. 1962-1965, then again 1979-1982. was at School of Americas 82-85 and played with 3/7 and Jumping Ambassadors.

longrange1947
11-27-2007, 20:37
DeOpresso - We had to have bumped into each other. When were you with the Jumping Ambassadors? I was in Panama during part of your time there. :)

Defion69
12-07-2007, 18:24
Estoy aqui y presente.

JMD :-)

RB
12-09-2007, 16:03
ODB here.........795 with Cpt Walker (no, not the 'Thunderdome' Walker)...Then Jon B..., Jose M.....then to '97 and Jonny B again before he bailed......

I did the Lighthouse quite often, skateboarder son, crazy beautiful daughter, and lil 'un ran with Badgers lil girl. I was often accused of being the lobster king as I raided all the good holes and kept the freezer full. Some of you stopped by my house with beer at noon 'cause if the Tiki lights were on later, the beer was cold by then and gone by morning. I have been remiss with this site but am known as razor_baghdad 'bout everywhere else, to include yahoo.

Send me some PM's....looking for some old friends.....

RT AXE 10
12-11-2007, 15:23
ANAMAPIAN. 69-74, 77-79.

RCFerguson
01-18-2008, 06:38
Rob F, Ft Davis Dec '84 - Dec '87

Fun times:
La U, listening to Makoto H talk of RPGs crossing the sky, cows stepping on mines.
San Sal, on the 4th floor of the US embassy during el gran terremoto of '96.
Sniper school run by the door busters, when 3 aggressors tried to cut off my sniper team by helocasting into the canal 20 ft from shore with full LCE and weapons. 2 of them survived.
JJ trying to drown me in the pool to get me ready for Key West.
Drinking all night in Colon with Jim S, then Carlos and Dan, PT monsters, running us until we puked it all up.
Comayagua, Palmerola, Le Ceiba, Tamara, and Tegucigalpa!
Bolivia with the Condores!
Going to Jumpmaster school 3 times... I hate hanging in the door!
Hunting bugs in Key West.
JR talking on Ham radio about his girlfriend in San Sal, while his wife listened on her own rig back home at Ft Davis.
Kindle Liberty, when Dan H says "Lets recon that mountain top, it's just 'right over there'. We'll be back in a few hours". He staggers back into camp 2 days later.
Battery Pratt, underground for a month at a time.
Operation Raleigh.
Water jumps in Gatun Lake, the best jumps ever!
UDT trunks, black t-shirts, baseball caps, sneakers... the best uniform ever.
Coming back from 6 months TDY to find 2 inches of water and mold-covered walls in my room at Coco Solo.

... and many, many more!

GaretTrooper
02-27-2008, 21:53
I was there when Gritz and Donlon were Bn CDRs.
LtC Korcheck was my C Team CDR when 3/7th was the 8th Gp
CSM Childress was the 8th Grp SGM back then.
Ft Randolf and Battery Pratt are not so fond memories
Chepo and Camp Cimmeron were better AO’s
I agree, jumping into Gatun lake was the best (unless you hit the tree stumps)
The Playboy Lounge, the 61 Club, the Florida and the Siboney in Colon were never closed or off limits
The LCM trips to Empire Range for annual quals.
Chasing snakes of my radios in the morning to make commo.
The Majinga swamp and the old small gauge railroad that ran through it

Shrew
03-18-2008, 12:22
Panama 88-90 ODA 794, first w/ Rick S. then The Bovine as Tm Sgts. I'll miss Col T's run, swim, ruck, shoot, puke. Loved the runs to the tower and docks.

krod
03-19-2008, 17:01
795 here, 05 to present

Snaquebite
03-19-2008, 18:24
How'd I miss this thread?

C/3/7 and A&B/2/7 83-89

longrange1947
03-19-2008, 19:11
How'd I miss this thread?

C/3/7 and A&B/2/7 83-89

You're getting old? :munchin :p

Blitzzz (RIP)
03-21-2008, 14:31
I was in 7th '75 to '79 served with Col Zackary as Bn Cmdr. Ole Hoot Gibson was my last TM SGT in 7th. Blitz

longrange1947
03-21-2008, 23:45
Dam Blitzzz, you and I have got to have ran into each other. We served together in the 1st and Panama. Not on Hoot's Team but downed more than my share with him at either his hooch or the Decade Club, Association for you young pups. :D.

Weaponsguy76
04-01-2008, 15:12
Present
Bravo- 23
ETSed last Nov.

Joker
04-01-2008, 17:21
Present and accounted for.
Joker

Ambush Master
04-01-2008, 17:31
I highly recommend that you make a Post, as you were instructed in the welcome message, here:

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=204933#post204933

skeyedvr
04-11-2008, 06:07
2/7 88-95

1/7 98-02

2/7 2006 Retired

Bayonet14
04-20-2008, 07:23
Old Grp S4N w/ Vaughan as OIC - Pop cut his teeth in 77th (dad - my apology to date stamp you like that) before heading to 10th - Will retire this year...so anything the guys may need and I can get my hands on it (legal or kinda sorta fell off a truck)...drop me a line. Can't think of a finer bunch of Muldoons to support than 7th. Its been my honor.
Will be there till PZ clear - standing by...

85diver
05-04-2008, 20:13
B-3-7 here. ODA 7325 or the ODA formerly known as 785. depends on which era you come from. i kinda like the old tm numbers better.

Bayonet14
05-11-2008, 05:46
ODB here.........795 with Cpt Walker (no, not the 'Thunderdome' Walker)...Then Jon B..., Jose M.....then to '97 and Jonny B again before he bailed......

I did the Lighthouse quite often, skateboarder son, crazy beautiful daughter, and lil 'un ran with Badgers lil girl. I was often accused of being the lobster king as I raided all the good holes and kept the freezer full. Some of you stopped by my house with beer at noon 'cause if the Tiki lights were on later, the beer was cold by then and gone by morning. I have been remiss with this site but am known as razor_baghdad 'bout everywhere else, to include yahoo.

Send me some PM's....looking for some old friends.....

Speaking of the move - where in the hell did that bus come from that was brought back from PR? My god that thing was junk ... tell me you didn't get it from the Navy.....

RB
05-11-2008, 08:31
Speaking of the move - where in the hell did that bus come from that was brought back from PR? My god that thing was junk ... tell me you didn't get it from the Navy.....

We bought vans and cars from Navy DRMO PR but we smashed 'em up during an MTT PSD....

I'm sure a few vehicles made it back tho...don't remember the bus....

jbrew?? one-zero?? kgoerz??

bailaviborita
05-22-2008, 15:10
hola.

Blitzzz (RIP)
05-27-2008, 15:14
I don't have a true home in any group, i spent 3 years in each of these ; 1st. 7th 10th Det "A". 10 th, and 5th, also 3 years at Key West. Lots of good experiences all around the world. I feel very lucky.Blitz

Amato
05-30-2008, 18:16
In 1/7th, currently in 18E hell haha.

Don
06-04-2008, 11:42
Former Echo with ODA 744 93-97. 740 Commo NCO 97-98. Great times and great folks. Retired in 05 and back working for DA as a civilian.

Mgrayfox
07-07-2008, 12:15
I spent a little time in 7th SFG, A/3/7, B/3/7, B/2/7, HHC 7th SFG. My last posting was in 1993 when I retired. "Siempre Listo"

The Reaper
07-07-2008, 12:44
Welcome.

You might want to go back and reread the registration message to see where your first post goes.

Or just ask Blitzz.

Then come back and tell us where and what you did in B/2/7.

TR

incommin
07-07-2008, 18:29
B/7th when it conducted pre mission training for Vietnam and supported Gabriel Demonstration Area....... in 67-68

FldDoc
08-16-2008, 15:01
Winding down my career in this life and getting ready to move to the next. 7th Group Med now.

Soft Target
08-16-2008, 17:18

(old 3/7 story)

TR

"Now that there's funny, I don't care who you are."

S-4, 3/7, 78-80

Richard
08-17-2008, 09:07

(old 3/7 story)

TR

TR et al,

We could write a bestselling book on the many "command" exploits of that famous 3/7th dynamic leadership duo, the Douche Bag and the Duffle Bag. :rolleyes: You will only wear OD socks for PT! :mad: Oops...there goes another banana tree! Has anyone ever figured out which village was missing their Ivanov? :D

Richard :munchin

Marvin Blank
08-19-2008, 19:25
I'm a FNG 18D on orders for 7th? Does that count?:confused:

Oh, and in regards to all of you guys' "beloved" SMAJ I., his son went through the course with my roomate....It was always amusing when, on the first day of whatever, the TAC got to that part of the roster, paused, and then looked up at him with a suspicious look....."You don't happen to have a relative with the first name of Sergent Major, do you?"
Apparently, it was not at all uncommon for TACS to interupt class during phase so and so....WHERE THE HELL IS I_______!!! OUT IN THE HALL!!! THIS IS FOR THE TIME THAT YOUR DAD MADE ME DO _____!!! ONE, TWO, THREE!!!! (Or, that's what I've heard):D

Richard
08-19-2008, 20:18
I'm a FNG 18D on orders for 7th? Does that count?:confused:

Oh, and in regards to all of you guys' "beloved" SMAJ I., his son went through the course with my roomate....It was always amusing when, on the first day of whatever, the TAC got to that part of the roster, paused, and then looked up at him with a suspicious look....."You don't happen to have a relative with the first name of Sergent Major, do you?"
Apparently, it was not at all uncommon for TACS to interupt class during phase so and so....WHERE THE HELL IS I_______!!! OUT IN THE HALL!!! THIS IS FOR THE TIME THAT YOUR DAD MADE ME DO _____!!! ONE, TWO, THREE!!!! (Or, that's what I've heard):D

That's almost as bad as Preacher Hodge's younger brother...the enlisted one. Too bad Jimmy Johnson wasn't around to break in the latest iteration of an "i" to SF. :rolleyes:

glebo
08-20-2008, 10:45
Speaking of Ivanov, I heard he was a gate guard for CAG,or whatever ya call them these days, alot of guys had "fun" with him on the way through the gate, like "shine your boots, get a haircut, etc, etc". But now I think he works at range control.

Marvin Blank
08-20-2008, 18:07
His son had been Force Recon for a number of years before coming to the Q(did it to piss off dad, but then he got tired of never having funding or new gear), so he took it in stride. (Of course, he and his friends thought it was one of those "he was tough on us, this is all in good fun" type scenarios...it wasn't until after he graduated that everyone found out it was more along the lines of a seething hatred)

Richard
08-20-2008, 18:14
But now I think he works at range control.

OMG!!! :eek:

Blitzzz (RIP)
08-25-2008, 06:35
7th is one of many groups I was a Member of, and enjoyed every minute of it I loved damn near all of the group time. I was in 7th 1975 to 1979. Blitz

longrange1947
08-25-2008, 14:24
OMG!!! :eek:

Yep!!

LIVE FIRE Section. :D

glebo
08-25-2008, 15:19
IIRC, Ivanov and a certain Rick L***rz had a "run-in" with Ivanov, caused some commotion I heard.

glebo
08-25-2008, 15:22
Mods you can move or delete, but....speaking of 7th group. Anyone recall a Roderick (Rod/Mack)McMillan, 18D??? I had heard he had retired/got out and was injured/killed somewhere. Any one know?? Reason I ask is we were in the 1/509th over in Italy in the late 70's, I ran into him one day on post and I didn't even know he went through the q course, now I know.

But any way jus askin'.

thanks

Don
08-28-2008, 04:41
Glebo,

Rod was the medic on my team (744) when he was at Bragg. In October 2005 he was doing some contract work over in Thailand (I think) and was killed in a motorcycle accident. He was a great guy and a good friend.

FldDoc
08-28-2008, 05:45
Glebo,

Rod was the medic on my team (744) when he was at Bragg. In October 2005 he was doing some contract work over in Thailand (I think) and was killed in a motorcycle accident. He was a great guy and a good friend.

I met him at Danny C's house. He was a nice guy and I was sorry to hear of his death.

glebo
08-28-2008, 06:03
Glebo,

I was afraid of that. Thats sorta what I had heard. Damn, I can still remember all the good times we had in Italy. What a friggin shame, he was a good man. As are they all. It figures, always the good ones.

Thanks for the info, albiet bad.

bob g

Soft Target
08-28-2008, 06:24
Yep!!

LIVE FIRE Section. :D

DUCK!!!!!!!

Marvin Blank
10-05-2008, 11:27
Signed in to Second Battalion last week. Very glad to be here, and ready to work.

delta1.65@gmail
10-09-2008, 18:50
Aqui estoy, siempre presente.....

RT AXE 10
10-13-2008, 12:30
3/7thSFGA, Anamapian... Presente!
member of the dirty 30... 72-73, 77-80...

Axe

longrange1947
10-13-2008, 13:35
3/7thSFGA, Anamapian... Presente!
member of the dirty 30... 72-73, 77-80...

Axe

BIENVENIDOs!!!!!!!

Long time no see, need to have several drinks and catch up after El Sal. :D

Been a long time.

RB
10-13-2008, 17:16
Welcome Axe!!

I think C 3/7 had turned over a few times by the time I got there.....

'97-'04... :cool:

BMT (RIP)
10-13-2008, 17:25
The 7th Gp flash on my beret is 38 years old.

:D

BMT

Richard
10-13-2008, 19:05
The 7th Gp flash on my beret is 38 years old. :D BMT

Same age as my oldest son and his wife! How's that make you feel? ;) The 7th flash on my original beret is only 36 years and 4 months old! :p

BMT (RIP)
10-13-2008, 19:11
Just another FOG!!

BMT

Richard
10-13-2008, 19:24
Just another FOG!!

I haven't the "FOG-iest" idea of what you're talking about! :D:D:D

RT AXE 10
10-14-2008, 14:22
BIENVENIDOs!!!!!!!

Long time no see, need to have several drinks and catch up after El Sal. :D

Been a long time.

Adelante Longrange 1947, (salute), it has been a while... I look foward to a pit stop and get together with you and gang in the FAY/Bragg AO.

Also, thanks for the welcome razor baghdad, (Salute)

Axe

FormerEcho
11-04-2008, 17:41
CPT Jay L. - presenté. (formerly SFC)
I was 753's Senior 18E working with: "Bobby 5" (TM SGT Bobby S.)
"Cappy" (DET CDR Doug J.)
"Jesse" (18B Jesus H.)
"Firestarter" (18F Jorge V.)
"Timmy Vee." (Jr. Echo Tim V.)
"Rod" (18D Rodney G.)
"Smitty" (18B Darren S.)
"Johnny" (18C John A.)
180A Greg B.
18D Clyde I.
18C Troy K.

Are any of you guys out there?

krod
11-04-2008, 19:44
What up Jay, its KC

Rod G is on here, seen most of the others around here or the Bog...

bailaviborita
11-05-2008, 10:10
"Jesse" (18B Jesus H.)
"Rod" (18D Rodney G.)
"Smitty" (18B Darren S.)
"Johnny" (18C John A.)
180A Greg B.
18D Clyde I.
18C Troy K.

CPT Jay- was that your team that replaced us in Bolivia in '02? Those names sound real familiar.

FormerEcho
11-05-2008, 18:04
You mean Club Chimore? ;) That was us, but of course...

bailaviborita
11-05-2008, 22:53
You mean Club Chimore? ;) That was us, but of course...

That was actually not a bad deployment for us. Read recently in the news that the DEA is getting kicked out of there.

SF_BHT
11-06-2008, 06:42
That was actually not a bad deployment for us. Read recently in the news that the DEA is getting kicked out of there.

Yes they are.... 90 days and counting......:mad:

FormerEcho
11-06-2008, 17:19

I'll agree - it was a good trip for us too. Now what's going on with the DEA folks? The guys we knew there were a pretty good bunch.

bailaviborita
11-06-2008, 20:30
I'll agree - it was a good trip for us too. Now what's going on with the DEA folks? The guys we knew there were a pretty good bunch.

Nothing wrong with them. Evo is kicking them out. Something about them actually interrupting the flow of coca leaf to Brazil or some such. Follows his accusation of the ambassador for spying- I think. When we were there Evo was just a congressman- albeit one that called for his constituents to kill Americans and police, as I recall.

SF_BHT
11-06-2008, 21:12
Nothing wrong with them. Evo is kicking them out. Something about them actually interrupting the flow of coca leaf to Brazil or some such. Follows his accusation of the ambassador for spying- I think. When we were there Evo was just a congressman- albeit one that called for his constituents to kill Americans and police, as I recall.

Nooooo Evo today made a broad statement today saying we killed some farmers during the uprising "DEA Agents Killed them" He would not give dates, location or anything to support his rantings. As of today All DEA has until 29 Jan 09 to be out of country. Lets see if it happens.:munchin

RCFerguson
11-14-2008, 15:27
Did you guys work with any of the Condores when you were there? My team (oda773) was in Sanandita at the Escuela de los Condores for a few weeks in '87, DEA operations were just getting started then.

Soft Target
11-14-2008, 16:58
Same age as my oldest son and his wife! How's that make you feel? ;) The 7th flash on my original beret is only 36 years and 4 months old! :p

30 year flash youngster checking in. Dave

VVVV
11-14-2008, 17:43

41 years and 7 months:eek:

bailaviborita
11-19-2008, 09:16
Did you guys work with any of the Condores when you were there? My team (oda773) was in Sanandita at the Escuela de los Condores for a few weeks in '87, DEA operations were just getting started then.

Only police. I think the military- don't know about SF- were not vetted then- or had lost their vetting.

FIG
11-20-2008, 02:54
"Jesse" (18B Jesus H.)
"Rod" (18D Rodney G.)
"Smitty" (18B Darren S.)
"Johnny" (18C John A.)
180A Greg B.
18D Clyde I.
18C Troy K.

FormerEcho,

Now there are some names i know all to well. I was on 53 With Bobbie and the bunch when we went to Ecuador (interesting trip). I was the 18F before Jorge, who took over after my departure.

FIG

KENCITO18D794
11-20-2008, 12:14
Just letting you guys know there is another 7th group guy out there. I was in A/2/7 (1994-1996) then C/3/7 ROP (1996-1999).

Kencito

FormerEcho
11-20-2008, 15:03
FormerEcho,

Now there are some names i know all to well. I was on 53 With Bobbie and the bunch when we went to Ecuador (interesting trip). I was the 18F before Jorge, who took over after my departure.

FIG

Fig, RGR that - I remember you leaving to take your own team just as I got to 53. Mike V. was the Senior Echo before he went Warrant, and "Oak" was still our Delta at the time...

KENCITO18D794
11-20-2008, 15:12
I was afraid of that. Thats sorta what I had heard. Damn, I can still remember all the good times we had in Italy. What a friggin shame, he was a good man. As are they all. It figures, always the good ones.

Thanks for the info, albiet bad.

bob g

I link up with some old team mates in North Dakota every year. Last December I heard the same story about Rod. A motrorcycle accident in Thailand. I heard he was with CA at the time.

I was never on Rod's Team, we were both medics in the same Co's, A/2/7 and C/3/7.

RIP

Kencito

FIG
11-21-2008, 05:26
Fig, RGR that - I remember you leaving to take your own team just as I got to 53. Mike V. was the Senior Echo before he went Warrant, and "Oak" was still our Delta at the time...

Last i ran into most of those folks is when we where watching Jesse H. He is still on the run.

CSM K is still around, he is the SOCCENT CSM.
SFC Ian D (754) is now CPT D and in the box currently.

FIG

glebo
11-21-2008, 07:17
I link up with some old team mates in North Dakota every year. Last December I heard the same story about Rod. A motrorcycle accident in Thailand. I heard he was with CA at the time.

I was never on Rod's Team, we were both medics in the same Co's, A/2/7 and C/3/7.

RIP

Kencito

Thanks for the info. Rod and I were in the 1/509th at Vicenza IT in ther late 70's. We had some good times, the beach in the summer, the mtns skiing in the winter. I ran into him here at bragg years later and was suprised he to went through the Q course. Good for him. I didn't know he went to CA though.

again thanks

RIP Rod. Still thinkin of ya.

FormerEcho
12-01-2008, 23:13
Last i ran into most of those folks is when we where watching Jesse H. He is still on the run.

CSM K is still around, he is the SOCCENT CSM.
SFC Ian D (754) is now CPT D and in the box currently.

FIG

Yeah, I'd heard from Bobby about what happened with Jesse - how's that for some crazy business? Good to hear that CSM K is still around. Ian D now a CPT you say? I should be back to 7th as a CPT as soon as I navigate my way back through the Q-course. Branch has me templated for the course from APR '09 to MAR '10, but I think that's the generic timeline. I certainly hope they won't expect me to redo SUTs, language, and SERE. Best wishes to you and the rest of the guys who are still "livin' the dream" there in GRP.

usrangers84
02-18-2009, 21:06
Sitting here, waiting
R.I.P Sencion, hasta luego

1stindoor
02-23-2009, 12:36
Haven't logged onto the site in quite awhile. Thought I'd chime in from the other side of Yadkin Road.

skeyedvr
02-23-2009, 13:05
Liberty BC, Iraq. FOX OPS

rtj731
05-08-2009, 17:10
Just letting you guys know there is another 7th group guy out there. I was in A/2/7 (1994-1996) then C/3/7 ROP (1996-1999).

Kencito

Kencito,
Did you ever build that jeep?
Been a long time Brother
J

Dusty
06-16-2009, 09:51
I got a flash for 2/7 in '83 and retired out of 3/7 in '94.

Erenagh
06-19-2009, 17:39
I completed the 91B course and got my "S" April 18th, 1969 and reported to "B" company, 7th SFG, 1st SF (ABN) the next morning. Not much ceremony in those days. You got your flash and had it sewn on the beret you wore all through training. After all that, you had a real good shrink fit. There used to be a sign in our dispensary that reminded you on proper beret wear - always tilt it opposite the way your balls hang. After the mandatory re-enlistment "chat" I returned to civilian life in 1971.

Group C.O. Col. Shungle
Company SMJ Fred Davis
Team SMJ Frederick "Robby" Robinson.

SF_BHT
06-19-2009, 17:58
I completed the 91B course and got my "S" April 18th, 1969 and reported to "B" company, 7th SFG, 1st SF (ABN) the next morning. Not much ceremony in those days. You got your flash and had it sewn on the beret you wore all through training. After all that, you had a real good shrink fit. There used to be a sign in our dispensary that reminded you on proper beret wear - always tilt it opposite the way your balls hang. After the mandatory re-enlistment "chat" I returned to civilian life in 1971.

Group C.O. Col. Shungle
Company SMJ Fred Davis
Team SMJ Frederick "Robby" Robinson.

Please post your intro as required for all new members here for your 1st post....:munchin

Tom Everhart
06-23-2009, 17:49
Hi,served in A/2/7(ODA 744)18B

jlcoad
08-04-2009, 10:03
41 years and 7 months:eek:

40 years, 2 months

Habu-MFFI 175
09-22-2009, 09:24
40 years, 2 months

31 years 4 months:D

744 1978-80
743 1980-84
1/1 SFG(A)Ft Lewis 1984-1985
MFF-SWC1985-1989
712 1989-91
B710 1991-92

My how time flies when you are having fun.

Matsonian
09-22-2009, 10:42
ODA 742 12B4S, 80 -81, presently in Afghanistan with 20th as a 18C.

CSM-H
10-20-2009, 13:27
Hey to all, I read the whole tread...damn what a memory walk.....Served on 725 (Mott Lake) 80-81, returned in 84-86 on "The Plantation"...does anyone really know who killed the SGM's pig?! Grenada MTT, now that was some money (well those of us who got it legal). Again as 1SG HHC, 92-94.......Ranger R's PT program for group HQ's......CSM's Rich T, Bob H, Mac (fondly refered to as "Sybil") and of course CSM..Bill R. S-3 SGM Leroy.....What a time during all of those assignments. thanks for the memories, CSM-H

Basenshukai
10-29-2009, 19:14
You know, it's incredible, but I just took a look at my contributions to this thread (2 posts) and they were written months after I arrived for my first assignment at 7th SFG. It has been exactly six years since that day now (I got to 7th SFG on October 2003; my posts here were a few months later). I spent just four months shy of five years in Group and I'm just months away from returning (believe me, I dream of the day I walk back in with that red flash on my beret).

It's amazing! I feel so honored and fortunate to have served with such heroes on a daily basis and I'm just so excited to be afforded the opportunity to do so again. A lot has happened since I first walked into the B/3/7 ops room for assignment to a team. I traveled to some terrific places, conducted some challenging missions, went to combat and actually fought alongside the men. We saw men do some really heroic and amazing things and we also saw some men die. I helped recover our dead on the battlefield and experienced a total of nine memorial services at the FOB.

But, I look back and I feel so fortunate. In a way, being a Special Forces Soldier was nothing like I thought it would be - it was way better for it was a priviledge to serve with such elite men. Earlier today I was trying to rate all the fellow officers that served with me when I was a team leader and, later, an XO in combat. I was just thinking about them and I tried to figure out how they stacked-up. I could not rate them; they were all excellent officers and I brag about them when I can - they were amazing! I feel the same about the NCOs.

Before typing this thread, I went back and looked at the posts I wrote here six years ago. I was so different back then. I'm glad you guys put this forum together.

cback0220
10-31-2009, 20:08
Currently in B/1/7

hsrothst
11-06-2009, 22:07
Life is good

The Reaper
11-06-2009, 22:19
Life is good

Welcome back, hermano.

Doin' good stuff out there!

TR

Mr_PreScuba
11-11-2009, 10:56
Assigned to ODA-725 (81-82 at The Lake) right out of SFQC.

Then 724 and 725 (82-83 - Smoke Bomb Hill) until I transferred to 3/1 SFGA (1983) when 1st SFGA at Fort Lewis was reactivated.

Blitzzz (RIP)
01-24-2010, 11:14
723 and 724 '75-79 Korea was a big item then for a while. We all smelled like Garlic....

ODA CDR (RET)
03-16-2010, 18:28
So who has more consecutive 7th Group Team time. I won't count the 83-85 time since its not consecutive. Sep 1987 to Sep 2000, 13 years. Any takers?

Green Light
03-17-2010, 15:35
I had 9 years in 7th Group (I was drafted one night out of the 5th - they found out I spoke Spanish and TF Label Field was getting ready to deploy). Spent 6 months on A-726 near the Hondo-Nic border 83-84; 2 years on A-734 (HALO SCUBA Greenlight) 84-86; two years on A-724 (HALO) as the warrant; A-782 (HALO) 88-89 in Panama and Bolivia; the 2-i-C of the RSTs 89-90 in Panama; and S-2/3 of B-750 90-91.

Not quite 13 years, but Central and South America was the place to be in the 80s.

Safariteam5
05-13-2010, 19:00
Group Signal Company 91-92
ODA 783 92-96

After leaving the Army still hung out in 7th Groups AOR as a Special Agent with the US Dept of State in the Regional Security Office in Embassy Bogota 02-04 and Embassy Santiago 07-09. I tried to take care of the 7th Group guys when I could.

Santo Tomas
05-14-2010, 09:59
I'm here, C/3-7 and C-1/7. Loved the dock runs.

Jack Powers
09-09-2010, 15:18
I'm from the 7th. Reading the replies it seems I am a bit older than you guys. I got out Jan, 66. I don't even know how to text in code LOL? even though I was the radio guy on our team.
Question for you new guys. I was on a ship last summer and some guy was talking Berets. He asked me if I have the madallion to show I was in the 7th? I didn't know what he was talking about. Any help?
jack

ZonieDiver
09-09-2010, 15:37
jack,

I think we have a few "old timers" from your era here. I'm about 6 years after you - 8th, not 7th.

He was talking "coin check" - as in Challenge Coin. It was around then - mostly 10th from what I hear. I wasn't really very aware of it until in the 12th Group in the USAR.

Welcome...

Habu-MFFI 175
09-10-2010, 08:07
I;m just about 10 years or so behind you myself. Loads of "coin checks" are behind me and I have been caught a time or two.

When someone pulled out there coin and slammed it on the bar/table or flipped it in the air an it hit the floor...a very distinct sound...your job was to take yours out to show you had one. If you did not have one...oh my...you owed those that produced a coin a beer.

Not a good thing to be in the GB Parachute Club and not have your coin. All the Groups have a coin.

It use to be if you went to the shower you better have it with you. I took and made a slit in my shower shoes for a coin...that way I was covered. I;ve even been hit with a coin check standing on the ramp at 12,500 feet...:D Oh yea..kept one under my altimeter pillow.

<*))))))>{

satchmo
10-06-2010, 20:01
I'm new to the forum. Been in C 1/7 as a Delta for 2 1/2 yrs.

mr.purple
10-07-2010, 11:38
New to the forum, was in The Red Empire between 99-10. ODAs 765, 763, 783,780 and HHC. Barney

S. B. Newman
10-08-2010, 05:31
Finally found this site! I was in 7th Group from 84-99 1st and 3rd Bn. I see a lot of guys on here that I know. Hope everybody is doing well and to those of you still serving, God bless you all!

Steve "El Rubio" Newman

sinjefe
10-08-2010, 07:43
SF from 89-08

3/7th SFGA: 90-94, (774)
2/7 SFGA: 95-02 (762/760)
Colombia: 02-06 (PATT)
SWC: 06-08 (DOTD)

tim180a
10-08-2010, 13:33
C/2/7 1987 to 1990
C/3/7 1990 to 1995
B/1/7 1996 to 2000
USASFC(A) G3 SAB 2001-2004

Me asusta, pero me gusta!

Tico0223
10-19-2010, 02:54
7th GRP present

gundog
11-03-2010, 19:11
I was in the 7th in 1969 and again, after a year in the 5th in Viet Nam, in 1971 and 1972. Served in B Company for both tours. SGM Fred Davis was the BBMFIC.

31542, back then, we trained, we demonstrated at Gabriel, and we picked up pine cones and then put them back, we swept the streets at Bragg and did anything that need doing just to keep the Special Forces Groups operational, it didn't matter what your rank was you just took off your blouse and accomplished the mission.

Carried a "challenge coin" then and still carry one.

Jim

Doc Diego
11-03-2010, 23:19
Presente! A-1-7 1984-88, B-1-7 1994-95

JOgershok
11-17-2010, 14:07
I was in every Bn of the 7th SFG(A)
C-2-7 Dec 73 to Jul 74
B-3-7 Jan 75 to Nov 76
C-1-7 Nov 76 to Aug 78
HHC 3/7 Aug 78 to Jun 80
B-3-7 Jun 80 to Dec 81

bigsunbum
01-12-2011, 22:06
I know I'm late since this thread was started in 04, but I didn't know this site existed until a couple days ago! 3/7 SF 1972-1986 +- (mas o menos.... Hola Amigos!!

ZonieDiver
01-12-2011, 23:26
No problemo, brother! "Post 'em when you see 'em."

greentick
01-15-2011, 23:08
18D on 766 1992-95

ER PA now and still get to use my Spanish.

"Noventa por ciento de mis pacientes entiendes noventa por ciento de mi espanol!"

kollkash
02-05-2011, 13:45
Buenos Dias! 18E on 763/7233 '07-'10

ussfdocnpi
02-06-2011, 11:36
Present and accounted for. SFODA 771, A Co, 3rd Bn, 7th SFG(A) April 1983 until April 1988. When I first got there we were still at Ft. Gulick and then I went TDY and came back and we had moved to Ft. Davis. The El Moro was my home away from home. Be well - Rick

mbwatson
03-08-2011, 00:29
ODA 722, B/1/7 1984 -1987
Mark W. - 18B
Out for 17 years and came back Jul 07 to 19th when they moved C/5/19 to Camp Bullis, SA. Currently on 9134 C/1/19. We have a lot of former 7th Group guys, both old and relatively new.

Super trooper
03-15-2011, 07:33
Buenas Tardes Saludos desde el cuerno de africa 402 CA BN ARBN :lifter:lifter:lifter

The Reaper
03-15-2011, 08:09
Buenas Tardes Saludos desde el cuerno de africa 402 CA BN ARBN :lifter:lifter:lifter

This thread is for members of the 7th SFG(A) to log on.

Unless there is something missing from your profile, you should not be posting here.

TR

Tress
03-21-2011, 21:13
Estoy aqui finalmente.....

18E on ODA 751 '85 to '88. And I do remember most of those strange things that happened in B/2/7. From handicapped signs being placed in the SGM's parking space to the "Coconut Fiasco" and many in between.

Jack Powers
03-25-2011, 16:39
I don't know much about what you are talking about. I got out of the berets in 1965 after fighting in Dominican Republic (stopping the communist domino theory- how we thought back then) but I am here with requests:
what is a group coin?
how do I find a list of the 7thSFG, E company that served in Dom.Rep in '65)