PDA

View Full Version : Reverse War Game

Bill Harsey
07-01-2005, 20:34
Hey Kids,
Please indulge me for a moment, you too Airborne Lawyer are certainly invited and welcome.

I've wondered this for some time and finally figured out the proper format for the question, what I will call a "reverse war game" based on this general "what if?"

The premise for the question is this:

What if all the folks who are adamantly against the United States war in Iraq fully got their wish and we pulled out right away?

These same people are opposed to the United States military so lets dismantle that too just for the sake of this discussion. What would happen?

This is not a joke post.

Last question, is it possible to speculate on these questions in an open forum?

Don't none of you bubbas tell me to use Google either.

QRQ 30
07-01-2005, 20:55
Two short answers.

1. After Vietnaqm and the Siviets in Afghanistan, small opponents know they don't have to beat a super power in battle, just outlast them. An immediate withdrawal from the Middle East would confirm this.

2. There isn't a country in the world without a military or at least para-military police and there never will be. Even the Vatican has the Swiss Guards.

The Reaper
07-01-2005, 21:03
What if all the folks who are adamantly against the United States war in Iraq fully got their wish and we pulled out right away?

These same people are opposed to the United States military so lets dismantle that too just for the sake of this discussion. What would happen?

Last question, is it possible to speculate on these questions in an open forum?

1. All of the folks here, or all of the folks there? Iraq would probably have a continuation of the Civil War that is currently smouldering, but without the US to play referee and throw money at it.

2. The US would probably be part of Greater Mexico and Canada by the end of the year. Who would stop them? We are already severely restricted from owning military type weapons.

3. Obviously so.

TR

Bill Harsey
07-01-2005, 21:04
Terry, Thank you.

We have a group of people in this nation who enjoy the protection of a strong military but seem to think they can eternally undercut it politically.

Therefore my questions.

Bill Harsey
07-01-2005, 21:06
1. All of the folks here, or all of the folks there? Iraq would probably have a continuation of the Civil War that is currently smouldering, but without the US to play referee and throw money at it.

2. The US would probably be part of Greater Mexico and Canada by the end of the year.

3. Obviously so.

TR
No. 1, All the folks who are United States citizens.

No.2 and 3, Thank you.

lksteve
07-01-2005, 22:24
These same people are opposed to the United States military so lets dismantle that too just for the sake of this discussion. What would happen?actually, prior to the end of WWII, the US would, for all intents and purposes, dismantle the armed forces...at one point after the Revolution, there was a company or so of regulars left on active duty to guard an arsenal or two...the state of the armed forces between world wars wasn't much to bragg about...

the founders of this country were even somewhat suspicious of standing armies and entangling alliances, as i recall...

aricbcool
07-04-2005, 18:48
the founders of this country were even somewhat suspicious of standing armies and entangling alliances, as i recall...

Yes, but that was back when militias were armed and plentiful, and when fielding an Army didn't entail Apaches and tanks.

"In 1939 the United States armed forces ranked 18th in the world. The nation was far from being a military superpower. Only the navy, which had long been America's primary line of defense, was maintained at a level that commanded respect. "
http://www.ddaymuseum.org/education/history_intro.html

I think that the US had the luxury of dectivating the military during peace-time due to the technology of the time and the ocean between it and any enemies.

After WWII however, the technology and the rise of communism gave need for a standing army policy that we will never be able to shake, IMO.

Should we disband the military I don't think that Canada and Mexico would annex us, unless we asked them to (which I assume was TR's point). However, I do think that the whole dynamics of world events would shift dramatically. The US would no longer be the "sole superpower" that everyone says it is.

To predict all the effects it would have is impossible on such a large scale. Suffice it to say, the world would be steered by China, Russia, and a quickly assembled EU that no longer has the big brother US looking out for their interests.

--Aric

Oh yeah, North Korea would probably nuke us too. :rolleyes:

NousDefionsDoc
07-04-2005, 20:21
The founders of this country lived in neither this country nor this world. They were also not the founders, they were the representatives of the founders. The country was founded by soldiers and farmers and other working men.

The US Constitution is not a suicide pact.

lksteve
07-04-2005, 20:26
The founders of this country lived in neither this country nor this world. They were also not the founders, they were the representatives of the founders. The country was founded by soldiers and farmers and other working men.

The US Constitution is not a suicide pact.uh...yeah...the comment was a historical perspective, not a recommendation...

NousDefionsDoc
07-04-2005, 20:59
Ok.

lksteve
07-04-2005, 21:01
Ok. you caught me reading de Tocqueville and drinking whisky... :D

NousDefionsDoc
07-04-2005, 21:13
What apology?

Bill,
To answer your question:
1. Europe would give nukes to the Arabs to appease them - probably the Phrench.

2. The Arabs would use the nukes to attack Israel.

3. India and Pakistan would explode.

4. Africa would be even worse than it is already.

5. The crime rate in the US would go through the roof.

6. US citizens would be attacked everyday all over the planet.

7. Crip would graduate the Q course the day before they announced the disbanding of the Army.

8. Europe would be an Islamic sharia state.

9. South America would be come Greater Brazil

10 Coke would drop in price 50%

11. Young women all over the 3rd World would be wailing a gnashing their teeth.

Pete
07-04-2005, 21:46
7. Crip would graduate the Q course the day before they announced the disbanding of the Army.

Would 11 be because of 7? :D

Pete

Spartan359
07-04-2005, 22:04
Pete Quote:
Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc

Would 11 be because of 7?

Ouch.

Bill Harsey
07-05-2005, 09:32
What apology?

Bill,
To answer your question:
1. Europe would give nukes to the Arabs to appease them - probably the Phrench.

2. The Arabs would use the nukes to attack Israel.

3. India and Pakistan would explode.

4. Africa would be even worse than it is already.

5. The crime rate in the US would go through the roof.

6. US citizens would be attacked everyday all over the planet.

8. Europe would be an Islamic sharia state.

9. South America would be come Greater Brazil

10 Coke would drop in price 50%

NDD,
I wouldn't bet against this.

What language should the United States schools start teaching to go along with this scenario?

Maybe a little Chinese wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
07-05-2005, 09:51

These, and other questions, are the same ones being evaluated by our potential adversaries and allies right now as they develop their strategies in support of their interests.

lksteve
07-05-2005, 10:10
What apology?i don't see nothing... :D

10. Coke would drop in price 50%i'm more of a Mountain Dew drinker, myself...

Gypsy
07-05-2005, 11:07
Would 11 be because of 7? :D

Pete

No. ;)

Just a civvie but my opinion but Iraq would probably implode in a civil war and it wouldn't take long for the BG's to once again have their point proved; that Americans "run". The consequences being of course that they would continue their life mission to destroy the infidels and Great Satan.

I feel in my heart that the world as we know it would no longer be. These people forget that the US has done much for security around the globe.

Surgicalcric
07-05-2005, 19:05

Would 11 be because of 7?

What the hell? I am making progress... Albeit alot slower than I had hoped but one day I will be an 18B...errr I mean Delta. That is if I can keep my old body together.

Crip