PDA

View Full Version : Request for advise.

Henci
03-27-2005, 19:58
Dear Members!

Let me start with a sort introduce. I am member the of the Recon unit of the Hungarian Army . After many years the HQ finally recognised that how usefull a medic in a team. Still now we had only a medic squad for the whole Battalion.
So the HQ did the first steps to change this situation, and sent four soldiers to the 91W course to the USA. The second step will be the 18D course in the next year (I hope this not just a nice dream...)
After the end of this course we will return to home and start a new kind of job at home (new MOS) as a medics.
However without any historical background the combat medics a bit will be difficult to set a combat medic bag. This is the point where I need your advise.
Please give me ideas to put together the contains of the medic bag.
I do not want to forgot something "small" but important item.
If you help me please do not use different trade names of medications because in Europe most of them unknown.
The areas where I as a medic will be present the next:
To support the following training:
PT
SUBA and anphib training
Parachute jumps
Live firing exercises
Mountenering
Combat actions:
Foot and mounted recon patrols
Direct actions
Combat search and rescue
And finally we had a non military task the rescue operations during nature disasters (mainly flood).

Probably the all equpment will come from the govertment except the bag(s).
I am looking forward your ansvers.
With the bigest respection
Henci

The Reaper
03-27-2005, 20:30
Henci:

Welcome!

First please fill out your profile, and read all of the stickies at the top of the forums. Introduce yourself on the "Introductions" thread.

Then look in the upper right hand corner of this page, and click on the "SEARCH" button.

Type in "Aid Bag" or "Medical Bag", and read all of those threads.

The 18D course is very demanding and technical. Whoever comes over has to be very sharp.

Good luck.

TR

SwedeGlocker
03-28-2005, 04:07
Get:
Workbook, Patrol Medical Course, International Special Training Center 2002
BATLS/BARTS manual

If you read the above you will get a European flavor.
Make sure that your unit let you practise your skills in the real world. Spend most of the time in ER and EMS with some weeks in the OR for your airway skills

52bravo
03-30-2005, 13:33
Get:
Workbook, Patrol Medical Course, International Special Training Center 2002

if you dont have it i can mail it to you.

Henci
04-01-2005, 20:47
Thank you the answers!

sterling
06-08-2005, 22:11
52BRAVO,

If that is an open offer, I would like a copy.

52bravo
06-09-2005, 02:09
send me email