PDA

View Full Version : Toby or Tommy Dennis

JimP
07-19-2015, 09:41
Just ran into him down here in Fairbope Alabama. retired in 2009. talking to him we obviously crossed paths at some point in Haiti but I can't remember him. Seemed like a hell of a nice guy. Lives down here now.

got any gouge? I'll see him again; like I said, nice guy. Jim

glebo
07-20-2015, 05:36
You talkin about Tony Dennis..."Denne Rock"??

Big jovial friendly guy?? I think he is around the gulf coast AO...

If so, I was in SWC with him, I as a civilian instructor, he was a green suiter...from 3d... Great guy :)

JimP
07-20-2015, 08:16
Yup, that's him! Real good guy. I'll see him again as he is always down at the pier tossing a throw net. Had a good talk with him. Good to hear he's a great guy.

glebo
07-20-2015, 08:34
tell'im bobby g sez a big hello for me.... thx

Livinonthebch
07-26-2015, 07:08
If you see Denny Rock again tell him Ken Hodges says hello. He's a great guy I've known him since he got to Grp. Last saw him in Afghanistan before I retired.

glebo
07-26-2015, 07:39
Whaddup Kenny?? Hope all is well on that "tough" livin on the beach...lol Have a great weekend..

May need to come down and visit one day..... :D

JimP
07-26-2015, 14:34
WILCO guys. The pier he is always tossing a net is about three blocks from the house I'm renting at present. I haven't seen him down there the last couple of days but it's been hot as hell and there have been a LOT of folks in town. he's probably laying low. I'll see him again and tell him ya'll say "hey". Like I said, he seems like a great dude so I'm sure we'll have to down a pint or two. Jim

blue02hd
07-26-2015, 15:52
Tony Dennis is a great guy!! I was lucky enough to bump into him up at the SFA HQ camp grounds a couple years back. I hope he's doing well!

FlagDayNCO
09-14-2015, 17:46
Tony is one of the men from 3rd I worked with and had an immense presence on any job he did. A consummate professional in every way, he still had a sense of humor that couldn't be matched.

I remember he told me not to eat the shrimp, as the FB was being turned over to one of our European allies.

JimP
09-15-2015, 05:08
he's still out there tossing the cast net. Wife and I get a morning 4-mile walk in after we drop the kids off at school. Always stop a minute to say "hey". He taught little man how to throw a cast net and the kid is obsessed with throwing now.

Always with a smile and a great attitude - wish I could say the same. Good damned guy. I'll keep ya'll posted.

glebo
09-15-2015, 05:43
Thanks, next time ya see him pass on a hello for me.. :D